Ubisoft Refuses to Comment on Watch_Dogs Wii U Cancellation Rumours

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Update: It still seems to be on the way to Wii U

Update 2:

There is some very positive news regarding this rumour, as Kotaku has consulted its sources in Italy and the US — the latter was also showing cancellations in its GameStop stores — and stated that the disappearance of pre-order options was a "glitch". Pre-orders should be available now or soon in those regions while, as stated in the original posts below, various other retailers have continued as normal.

Quite why Ubisoft has declined to comment on many fronts or — as quoted below — given vague statements remains unclear. Hopefully it all means nothing, or simply a change in the sets being offered at retail. All will hopefully be revealed, if even required, in time.

Update:

The GameStop Italy website has now re-posted all three variations of Watch_Dogs on Wii U, showing them as available to pre-order but also with a placeholder release date of 28th February. Thanks to all of those that sent this in.

Original Article:

With persistent trends of receding third-party support for the Wii U, limited offerings from Ubisoft have provided a degree of comfort. The biggest of these titles on the horizon is Watch_Dogs, the company's ambitious new IP that aims to provide a sandbox, always-online experience with themes of hacking and surveillance.

Troubling rumours have emerged today, however, that the title's Wii U iteration may be cancelled. The core of the story is in reports from Wiitalia that multiple GameStop stores in Italy are cancelling or refusing pre-orders for the title, with statements that it's no longer on the retailer's database. Perhaps of more concern is that Ubisoft hasn't sought to quickly quash the rumour, as it's now provided an official line through CVG that's as lacking in reassurance as seems possible.

We have nothing to comment at the moment.

Losing Watch_Dogs, one of the last major multi-platform titles still coming to the Wii U, would certainly be a major disappointment to Nintendo and its fans. We also asked Ubisoft for comment earlier today, yet it seems unlikely that much more will be said at this stage; the game is still available to pre-order from multiple retailers. Let us know what you think of this in the comments below.

[via computerandvideogames.com, wiitalia.it]

Unit_DTH

Unit_DTH said:

I was able to renew my preorder for the Wii U version at my local Gamestop last week, but I'm in the US and maybe they haven't gotten the memo yet.

Humphries90

Humphries90 said:

So first they delay Rayman Legends, then they (may) cancel Watch_Dogs. Even though I don't own a WiiU yet, Ubisoft won't be seeing any of my money in the near future. People may have bought the WiiU system for these games and yet they don't care. It's unprofessional of them and immoral business practice.

Zach777

Zach777 said:

That would be sad for gamers but they'd still lose money they invested on it so they'd be morons for dropping it at this point.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Dozens of Wii U fans are on the edge of their seat waiting to hear if the GTA with some high tech clone will be cancelled....

Sorry, I know some of you want this game, but it looks pretty boring. Those trailers did less than nothing for me.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

"WHO ELSE BUT UBISOFT?!
It's Uuuuuuuuuu-bisoft,
Uuuuuuuuuuuu-bisoft,
you never know how they'll stab Ninty next,
Uuuuuuuuuu-bisoft,
Uuuuuuuuuu-bisoft,
GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY
let's skip Wii U!"

Melistrius

Melistrius said:

Well if they really cancel it than the gae should reall have serious problems. This far in the development stage I don't really could think of a good reason...

But I had this thought since Amazon cancelled my deadsec-edition months ago and didn't list it anymore for the U... dunno... it would be a stupid move by Ubi that already live on the edge with Nintendo-Fans and if this is true than there will be definately zero support from them in the foreseeable future for Nintendo. It's like quitting the relation via sms and I just hope they have more balls than this

Anguspuss

Anguspuss said:

Watch Dogs seems to be having serious issues. Unimpressive reports of hands on with early model then delayed & now this.

I can see it getting delayed again

Kodeen

Kodeen said:

@Humphries90

It's not their job to care about why people may or may not buy a Wii U. It's their job to turn a profit. If the Wii U version is cancelled, then it implies that their previous Wii U efforts have not done that.

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

Sad news for those that wanted it, and not really news that Nintendo needed to hear right now.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I doubt they sold 1000 copies of AC4 in the UK, it was bargain bin before Xmas in GAME. This would not surprise me but this is the sort of game that would actually sell to a few Wii U owners. We've been hyped for months. If Rayman did ok on Wii U compared to the other consoles, then this really should be given a chance.

Maybe Ubi know that Nintendo will be launching too many big hitters to make it worthwhile but we've seen no evidence that this game will have any competition for sales! They've already spent millions on this game and unless they were lying about the Wii U version 'looking between next and current gen', I can't see how it would save much money to cancel it. This could just be reactionary stuff to the ridiculous amount of Nintendoom this week. Someone at GameStop Italy might have believe Nintendo went 3rd party.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

@LUIGITORNADO
A fellow Italian Nintendo fan! High five!
Too bad we both also happen to live in a country plagued by "Nintendo is teh kiddie" folks. When we're lucky. The other guys are gaming-o-phobes.

Stu13

Stu13 said:

I'd say it is a safe bet that it has been given the axe. Seems like they'd want to squash that rumor quickly if it weren't true, as opposed to offering a 'no comment'.

@SigourneyBeaver

"Wouldn't surprise me if the game is completely canned on all systems."

Errr, what? That would be a huge surprise. Canned just on Wii U? Not a surprise at all.

Dogpigfish

Dogpigfish said:

I bought Wii U as my next gen machine. If Ubi decides to not support it then I'll be looking at Ouya and Apple box and they won't make anymore money from me. Face it, Indies are the future, not Ubisoft or EA if they continue their downward stride.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Bummer. I was on the fence about this game, but if it isn't coming to Wii U then I'm not going to buy it on another platform. Dang.

arronishere

arronishere said:

Could just be the PR people don't know if it is or not so they are force to say no comment but I wouldn't be surprised if it's canned.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

Quick let's flood the miiverse with false intentions to buy this game without reading reviews!

gatorboi352 said:

People crack me up. They refuse to see the real picture here. 3rd parties are simply REACTING to the situation. Nintendo and its lack of 3rd party relations COUPLED WITH owners of Nintendo consoles disinterest in investing in 3rd parties is what is to blame here.

SigourneyBeaver

SigourneyBeaver said:

@gatorboi352 Was supposed to be out on all formats for Christmas and now there's no date and nothing being said. Just seems odd, therefore a total cancellation wouldn't surprise me.

Falchion

Falchion said:

This is really depressing... It makes me want another current-gen console if its true. There are too many games missing the Wii U. Without these game, I completely give up on the Wii U's third party support. O well I will go back to assassin's creed III and super mario 3d world.

@Dogpigfish

"Face it, Indies are the future, not Ubisoft or EA if they continue their downward stride."

Uh lol yeah keep telling yourself that. Ouya is REALLY tearing up the marketplace right now LOLOL

gage_wolf

gage_wolf said:

This is not a good sign. I hope the next Nintendo Direct does SOMETHING to make people feel better about their Wii U's. I already owned a 3DO and watched it's slow death, I can't handle that again!

@gage_wolf

" I hope the next Nintendo Direct does SOMETHING to make people feel better about their Wii U's."

At this rate, I just hope there's a next Nintendo Direct.

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

I hate to say it, because this game was on my wishlist, but i told everyone way back in mid 2014 that 3rd party support on WiiU would stop after PS4 and XBO launched. Looks like i was right.

Diddy_kong

Diddy_kong said:

Well, it's not like it's not coming out on several other systems, so if you really want to play the game you'll have plenty of opportunities to do so.

ocarinaoftime

ocarinaoftime said:

More false stuff at nintendo hate...u guess really are on the wii u hate wagon....let me guess its a hate article so u post it...

Humphries90

Humphries90 said:

@Kodeen
But public perception on them as a business is very important. If they keep doing this how can consumers continue to trust them? Of course it's their job.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@Dogpigfish Interesting perspective. Ouya is all but dead. Wait for a few more months and you can pick one up for $20 in the Target Clearance aisle.

Morph

Morph said:

I think this will be the final nail in the coffin for wii u and major 3rd party support, we might see the odd lego or skylanders games but other than that i think it will be exclusively nintendo developed/published titles in the future, not good really.

Its such a shame because wii u is one of my favourite home consoles ever, but they've never gotten over the absolutely abysmal launch

DarkAngel_17

DarkAngel_17 said:

That can't be good :( Though i wasn't planning to buy it for either system i own.. Not my type of game

millarrp

millarrp said:

This game doesn't interest me too much yet, but it would still be a shame if it was cancelled.

DarkAngel_17

DarkAngel_17 said:

I blame Nintendo for many bad things that are happening to the system. They f**ked up long before Wii u came out starting with poor specs, confusing name, lack of commercials, lack of exclusives at launch. Most of my mates who play games don't even know what the Wiiu is. How about that?!!

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Well now it's gonna be Ubi's fault if they don't tell us it isn't cancelled, and people cancel their preorders...

Humphries90

Humphries90 said:

@Kodeen
It's not just WiiU owners though is it? I don't own a WiiU. If Ubisoft are happy to go against their promises and delay/cancel games then why should I trust them? Will I ever preorder a Ubisoft game in the near future? Nope. Why? Because they are liable to change their mind near the last minute. Will you preorder one of their games, WiiU or otherwise?

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@XCWarrior Maybe at one specific point in time but like the onlive controllers the Ouya ones are not that bad so I think more than likely they will be bought by people to say the controllers. It was always a hardware project anyway. Is the raspberry pi dead. (Not much commercial software is being made for it)

Felioth

Felioth said:

I've posted this in the thread in the forum talking about this very same thing:

"Finished to spoke with an Area Manager (from Gamestop Italia) right now.

Watch Dogs for Wii U is confirmed (even here in Italy).

It was only Gamestop Italia trolling us in the past two days.... They have sent an email to every italian store saying that the Wii U version was cancelled... But the mail was based on a rumor spread by the italian distributor of the game... wow... unbelievable....

Seriously a rumor???? They are very professional... :(

Never lose faith in how much Gamestop can make you angry :)"

I've decided to make the call after seeing the game reappear in the italian web site!

The game is NOT cancelled! :)

arronishere

arronishere said:

Why are people cancelling their pre-orders? Most sites I use don't take the money until it's dispatched.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

If this is true I will never ever buy anything from Ubisoft. Well, I already stopped doing that after their delaying of Rayman Legends.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

My wild theory with no basis:
1. Ubisoft start making watch_dogs to offer a less violent sandbox alternative to the crime sim that is GTA
2. GTAV launches to perfect scores and more hype than a young English footballer playing for Utd.
3. Ubisoft delay Watch_Dogs to implement more 'shooting in the face' because GTA proves it is popular
4. Wii U version pointless because Wii U is for kids and no kids will want to play a 'shooting in the face' game.
5. Game completely flops on all systems because they needed to sell infinity billion copies to break even.
6. Wake up on Saturday to find it was all lies.
7. Zombi U 2 included in next ND. It's multiplatform but enhanced for Wii U

Felioth

Felioth said:

@SanderEvers no seriously read my post! The game will come out for the Wii U... it's a big fad! Gamestop Italia made a huge mistake deciding to pull the game from their website and telling every customer that it was cancelled... They heard a runor from the italian distributor and they believed it... Wii U owners will get this game!

2Sang

2Sang said:

Please undastand. Wii U is doing so badly, it can't get a game that would normally sell millions of units easily to come to its console.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

@Ryo_Hazuki-san I think I saw your post on Miiverse yesterday! Nice Link bow-&-arrow drawing.

Sorry, off-topic.... there is no way Watch_Dogs for Wii U is coming out. Seems crazy to just write it off after all that development time. But I don't understand the costs in printing and distributing discs, getting ESRB ratings for each platform, etc. Still, an absolute shame, if only for public perception. This is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy more and more every day.

rjejr

rjejr said:

This doesn't sound at all official, but I've been predicting this for months since the postponement. And I've been posting it a lot the last few weeks. I've even gone as far as saying they'll cancel the PS3 and Xbox360 versions as well in light of X1 and PS4 getting off to a good start.

Reaons for Wii U cancellaton are pretty obvious but a quick refresher - 9m - 2.8m sales projection by Nintnedo drastically lowers th einstall base; this game has some always online compnent that Nintnedo doesn't do well with; making 5 different consoles versions - can't recall if there is a PC versio - requires a lot more work. The main reason I think they'll ultimately drop PS3 adn Xbox360 as well.

Multiplayer trailer that I don't envision working on a Nintendo console - also see Batman Arkham Oriigns lack o fonline. If Ubi puts this game out on the Wii U without this component they probably feel it wont sell very well.

So while this sounds like a rumour I just can't see it getting released on Wii U. I'ld like to see ANYTHING get released on Wii U at this point. Is there a single game w/ an actual solid date on Wii U after DKCTF? Not counting indie DL, I mean retail disc.

mike_intv

mike_intv said:

Several posibiltiies.

Game cancelled totally.
Game cancelled in Europe/PAL.
Game cancelled in Italy.
Gamestop decided not to sell the game.
Gamestop made the game on-line ordering only.
Gamestop computers glitched.

This news seems to be based upon the experience of one person with one retailer.

Please note that every website that I have checked — including Amazon.it and Gaemstop.it still has the game available for pre-order on their websites.

HugoSmits

HugoSmits said:

@Humphries90 I would totally pre-order Ubisoft titles. Why not? Ubisoft is standing for quality. They either release a good game, or they don’t release. If the latter happens I get my money back. So how are consumers losing?

You are calling Ubisoft unprofessional and immoral. Why? What would be a good alternative for them? Releasing the game anyway, full well knowing it will make a huge loss, sending the company into a nose dive and fire a few hundred people (WiiU team)…. That would not be immoral?

antipop621

antipop621 said:

I will support this at launch if it is on Wii U. If not, I'll wait and buy it used for 360, like I do with the Assassin's Creed games. I'd rather give my money to Gamestop at this point.

I think Michel Ancel is slowly becoming the only redeeming quality Ubisoft has.

Kodeen

Kodeen said:

@rjejr Yes, there's a PC version also.

As to the 6 concurrent versions, they did that for AC4 as well. Not saying it isn't difficult, it's probably part of the reason this game got delayed in the first place, but they've proven they can do it.

I'm still hopeful that it comes out for Wii U, although Ubi not immediately outright refusing the rumor is unsettling. If it doesn't, fine, I'll get it on PC, but I'm trying to support this console.

dumedum

dumedum said:

It's not cancelled. Ubisoft didn't want to comment on a stupid rumor. Big deal. No news here.

Sinister

Sinister said:

It would not surprise me at all.
Sad day for those that would like to buy it on WiiU.

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh said:

I want to play this game. Ubisoft has been one of my favourite developers on Wii U, Rayman Legends and ZombiU are amazing games.
I'm fine if they don't want to bring future unannounced titles to the Wii U, but this one was confirmed time and time again. They created expectations. Hope this isn't true, if it is though, I won't ever buy anything made by Ubisoft. Ever.

mch

mch said:

I'm thinking about preordering Watch_dogs on the UbiSoft website now.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

@HugoSmits Pre-ordering in general is not a good idea, but more in a "meta" kind of way. You are giving specualtive money to a developer for a game, you never played. The best (worst) example would be Colonial Marines. The devs saw the money already in their pockets and didnt care to actually finish the game. They used that money to fund other projects and basicly ripped of CM customers. Also, you are funding the scheme of "pre order bonuses" which is a synonym for "buy it now for full price or youll never get every piece of content"
I tend to only pre-order really "obscure" games that have a limited print in the first place (Like many of ATLUSs games). Larger devs with their AAA titles have such a large print, that pre ordering isnt really necessary.

Wolfgabe

Wolfgabe said:

Why are people taking this BS rumor as truth? This game is too far along in development for Ubisoft to just pull the plug on the Wii U version. There is no way they would pull a stunt like that. Not with the PR nightmare that would likely ensue. It was more than likely a mistake as nearly everywhere else you can still pre order

hydeks

hydeks said:

Watch Dogs is gonna be one of the most epic games to come out this year...so of course the Wii U version is probably cancelled :-P

Me personally, I'm getting it on PS3 or PS4, but it's really sad the amount of times Nintendo fans get to here the "cancelled" words when it comes to great third-party games.

PokeTune

PokeTune said:

Even if it isn't cancelled most people who own a Wii U won't buy it anyway so they may as well cancel it and focus resources on the other next-gen consoles and PC.

freaksloan

freaksloan said:

As a Wii U owner, I have/had no intentions of buying this game.
I bought my Wii U to play Nintendo games, nothing else really matters to me.

cookiex

cookiex said:

I don't know why random GameStops in Italy would get the word that it's been cancelled when the game is still available (and always has been) to purchase on Ubisoft's own website. Wouldn't Ubi remove it from there first?

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

As a owner of only a Wii U ATM, I was highly considering buying this game around release and paying full price. I wasn't very interested at first, but it does look pretty cool. It's disappointing to lose any game that people have been looking forward to for quite some time. That being said, I don't think this will get cancelled.. they've poured too much money into it just to cut it.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Kodeen - You're right about the PC version. I forgot it actually planted the seed for my thinking that the game would be "next gen" only last Oct.

Has anybody seen any W_D videos yet showing how the Gamepad will be used? It's a natural fit for this game and should have made the Wii U the lead console.

Turbo857

Turbo857 said:

I don't consider myself to be a pessimist, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Watch Dogs was cancelled. I understand Ubi's gotta watch their bottom dollar, but I don't approve of their business practices.

You either go all in, or don't go at all. You don't give people a taste and then prevent them from getting the rest of the meal. So, if they're cancelling Watch Dogs the least they could do is man up and admit it already.

Diddy_kong

Diddy_kong said:

First of all; this is all still just a rumour, so let's everybody just calm down for a moment.

Secondly, if the Wii U version does end up getting cancelled then just buy it for another system if this particular game means that much to you. You can buy a PS3 for a lot cheaper than you can buy a Wii U, plus then you'd have a console that actually has third-party games. I bought one last summer and only recently got through my backlog of third-party games.

Own a Wii U to play the stellar Nintendo-developed games (the only reason I own the console.) For any other type of gaming experience you're best to look elsewhere. This isn't exactly news.

datamonkey

datamonkey said:

I was gonna pick this up on PS4 but it's bad news if true for Nintendo.

I really wonder what the future brings for my Wii U as this surely spells the end for major 3rd party support. Problem is Nintendo don't have the resources to keep producing Wii U games at the rate of even one AAA game per quarter so it's not looking good for the system.

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

If they can it for Wii U, I ain't getting it because THAT is the version I had my sights on.

So as a consumer, I won't settle for (in my opinion) a lesser product.

Dyltheman

Dyltheman said:

if this happens, i'd lose A LOT of faith in ubisoft, this would be worse than the whole rayman legends fiasco! i'd say it's more likely the game/ wii u version will be getting aother delay. we've gotten no info since the delay bear in mind

Marshi

Marshi said:

@gatorboi352 you are so right its not even funny. Its a vicious cycle of: shoddy port-poor sales-fans saying the only buy nintendo games-shoddy port of the next game,and fade to black.

This is a downward spiral and I can see wiiu's fortunes being reversed. And before anyone bites im a wiiu owner and fan of the system,but ninty have had a year and they have done NOTHING with it. Wouldnt surprise me if by the end of this year the only aaa releases for the wiiu is smash and kart

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Wasn't interested to begin with, but feel bad for those who were looking forward to it on Wii U. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't cancelled.

@Diddy_kong

"Own a Wii U to play the stellar Nintendo-developed games (the only reason I own the console.)"

You are also part of the problem.

Seriously, you people are making me look more and more correct every post.

cookiex

cookiex said:

@tebunker

The February 28 date is a placeholder (they usually put the first or last date of a month if they don't know the exact date).

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

GS Italy let you pre-order Watch Dogs for Wii U with February 28 as release, while for all the other consoles it says May 25. Mmmh...

tebunker

tebunker said:

@cookiex yes but the date isn't important as the fact that it is available again

And that Thomas's should update the article

freaksloan

freaksloan said:

@gatorboi352 So I should spend my hard earned money to buy games I don't want to play? How does that make sense?

In my house I have an NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, 2 Wii's, Wii U, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA, GBA SP, 2 DS Lites, 3 DSi XL's, 2 3DS XL's and hundreds and hundreds of games and I AM NINTENDO PROBLEM?

Humphries90

Humphries90 said:

@HugoSmits
Considering the WiiU platform was mentioned during the games reveal, it's safe to safe a WiiU port has been in development. Obviously they are not going to make piles of money from releasing it on WiiU considering the userbase size, however if they get their sales projections correct they will not make a loss. I mean for God's sake, just release it on the eShop as a digital only title if they have to. But of course not, just because it won't make millions and millions of dollars then they don't care. If their happy to treat their customers like that, then so be it. You seem happy enough with their false promises so I guess it's fine then.

That all being said and done, maybe the rumour is just that. A rumour.

Anyways enough debate on this from me, it's late here. :-P

Giggity55

Giggity55 said:

Even though I have pretty much every other console including the Wii U, if this version gets cancelled I just won't get it at all. This kind of business is immoral and just plain stupid. I am personally looking forward to this game, but I don't want to support a company that just gives up on supporting another company, ESPECIALLY Nintendo who is one of Ubisoft's biggest, if not THE biggest partner ever. All hail the sales numbers and the stock market...

@freaksloan

what I'm saying is, everyone wants to blame the 3rd parties for the situation on Nintendo consoles. But then they turn around and go, "oh, but I only buy Nintendo games on Nintendo consoles anyways". Uhhhhh sorry it does not work that way.

My point is, the 3rd party situation on Nintendo consoles is the fault of Nintendo and the owners of Nintendo consoles (and their buying habits). 3rd parties merely react.

evolo

evolo said:

so yeah i reserved and payed off this game in full like 6 or so months ago.....i am seriously going to be annoyed if this is cancelled. gamestop better refund my money if the wiiu version ends up cancelled eh

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Watch Dogs cancels, I'll be considering moving to Push Square. Watch Dogs is Wii U's saving grace of third party support.

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

I hope it's not cancelled for wii u mainly because I would feel bad for everyone who wanted to experience it on their wii u's but for me personally I will most likely get this for ps4

@Kyloctopus

"If Watch Dogs cancels, it would be fair to say Nintendo has done an absolutely pitiful job with almost everything with the Wii U."

Bingo.

darkgamer001

darkgamer001 said:

I'm sorry but some of the arguments here are ridiculous.
No...people who buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games only are not part of the problem....
Third parties treating the audience like crap, essentially making them either pay for gimped ports or...not buy the games at all and only buy the exclusives...
Now THAT is the problem

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Sorry, but it is not a company rule (from any company) to refrain from comment on rumours instead of confirming or denying them? Why the uproar then?

Metaknight_3Raw

Metaknight_3Raw said:

I have a feeling this one is still coming for some reason. I'm usually as negative as it gets but I think this was just a mistake.

OliverAdam

OliverAdam said:

@SigourneyBeaver why would it be cancelled on all systems? Granted it there was one trailer with a backlash, but aside from that, it's been one of the most wanted games since its announcement - heck a load of people didn't even buy the Xbox One and PS4 at launch, because this was the game they wanted. They have been working on it for ages, and wanted it to branch out and become an AC-type franchise...

It wouldn't surprise anybody if they cancelled it for the Wii U, because all their games have been selling like poopoodoodiecacapoopledoople on that console, but it's going to flourish on every other system.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

B_Troof

B_Troof said:

C'mon Ubisoft! I have a PS4 and I want Watch Dogs on Wii U. Don't do me this.

MikeLove

MikeLove said:

@sinalefa

Let's start a rumor on Twitter that Nintendo was bought by Disney, and lets see if Nintendo's reaction to that would be just a "no comment"?

If it wasn't cancelled, all they would need to say was "It's still coming to Wii-U". The fact they couldn't even be bothered doing that is telling.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

No loss for me. That last thing i want to do is play as some ghetto punk strolling the streets and getting into all sort of the violent mischief.
Quite possibly one of the lamest lead characters in video game history. Who finds this sh** cool?

@darkgamer001

Nintendo's bleak 3rd party situation is generations old. They STILL haven't shored up many relations. And only buying Nintendo games is fine, but don't turn around at the same time and blame 3rd parties for not bringing games over if that's what you're doing. It's hypocritical.

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

If Watch_Dogs for Wii U is cancelled... I would be so done with Wii U. Watch_Dogs is my most anticipated game right now and I'm so looking forward to it. Don't do this to us Wii U users :'( you're the only big 3rd Party company that still keeps supporting the console with good ports of your games (AC: IV is awesome on Wii U) and if this truly happens I would had lost all hope for Wii U, seriously... It just can't survive without 3rd Party games! Wii survived but Wii U can't do it anymore. Hope Ubisoft doesn't confirm this otherwise I would be seriously dissapointed.

Kirk

Kirk said:

It really wouldn't surprise me if it were cancelled.

Wii U is in a whole heap of sh*t at this point and the fact rumors like this keep popping up, quite a few of which have turned out to be true, is testament to this.

Nintendo FANS don't want to face the truth but the Wii U IS in trouble.

darkgamer001

darkgamer001 said:

@gatorboi352
And yet something like Rayman Legends sold fine on Wii U, despite all the delay drama, and despite going up against the 360 and PS3 userbases (which are at around 80 million each, iirc)

Yes, the strength of Nintendo IP means that first party on Nintendo systems do well...compared to the people who buy the other two systems for 3rd party rather than exclusive

BUT, that does not mean that a good multiplat effort can't sell well. It's just that 3rd parties aren't even trying

Mystemo

Mystemo said:

If they cancel Watch_Dogs on Wii U I sure as hell won't buy it on any other system, or buy any other Ubi games at all for that matter. But lets hope it's just some more groundless douchey rumors.

Kirk

Kirk said:

@XCWarrior

Well, if Wii U was getting GTA V, or countless other big anticipated 3rd party games like this, maybe they wouldn't be quite so "excited" for this particular game.

Have I said enough to make my point?

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

I really wanted this game. I had it paid off and everything. I have a flipping poster on my wall as a pre-order bonus! This is BS.

If Ubi is really cancelling Watch_Dogs for Wii U, I will never buy a game from them again.

datamonkey

datamonkey said:

@Kyloctopus "it would be fair to say Nintendo has done an absolutely pitiful job with almost everything with the Wii U."

Well said.

I had such high hopes when Wii U was first announced but since then the whole thing has been on a downward spiral.

I still can't work out for the life of me why the extra manpower it takes in developing for HD consoles took Nintendo by surprise and hence the year game drought...

It's a real shambles...

Macarony64

Macarony64 said:

Are we 100% sure that this cvg guys are legit? I would not be surprised if 1 ubisoft is doing this to scare people to get the other version or 2 they got paid to nit bring it to wiiu.

Technosphile

Technosphile said:

There is a lot of Ubisoft hate in this thread. Let's make something perfectly clear:

Ubisoft is the ONLY third-party to throw their full support behind Wii U. They developed an exclusive, AAA title for the system. The thought of even doing that at this point is basically unthinkable for anyone but Nintendo. They have also continued to port their major multiplatform titles to the U during periods of inexcusable software drought on Nintendo's part. Seriously, if not for Ubisoft, who in the hell would Nintendo have as a third party supporter of Wii U? "Sega"?!

BinaryFragger

BinaryFragger said:

So now everyone here suddenly hates Ubisoft?
Ubisoft has been receiving tons of praise here for ZombiU and Rayman Legends but the moment Watch Dogs Wii U supposedly gets cancelled, they're suddenly the worst company in the world? I don't understand fanboy logic.

ColdingLight

ColdingLight said:

I cannot believe some of you are criticizing Ubisoft... If there is one third party company who gave the Wii U an honest to god shot it's them. You all need to understand that a company needs to make a profit at the end of the day, and currently the Wii U is not a profitable system. Ubisoft has put many great games on the Wii U and when they decide to pull the plug because it's not making money you guys criticize them? How about pat them on the back for giving it a try and say You know what Ubisoft? You gave it an honest to god shot and thank you for it Not Oh, if it isn't coming out on Wii U then I'm not buying it at all Here's a wild idea on this site, how about cirticize the WIi U and Nintendo for all of it's massive problems. Biggest one arguably being the continuing lack of third party support. Oh wait, that would mean criticizing your favorite company/console and you simply cannot do that for whatever reason. 'Sigh'

darkgamer001

darkgamer001 said:

Can we get a new article or update this one with the fact that pre-orders (from the original source of this story) are now back up?

Personally, I think it would help :)

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

If Ubisoft ditches the Wii U will their be any big 3rd party franchise companies left?

Dyltheman

Dyltheman said:

@andreoni79 true. either way, i'm not going to even break a sweat about this until ubisoft says something/ the version gets removed from other retailers etc.

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

Ubisoft treats its customers like crap with awful DRM and has now massively delayed and stripped the exclusive status of a game for Wii U in Rayman Legends, and has (if this is true, which it seems very likely it is) cancelled a game entirely for Wii U.

I'm getting real tired of their crap, and I LOVE ZombiU and I'm a fan of Rayman Legends. It's not like I just hate Ubisoft for no reason.

Redxzero

Redxzero said:

No great loss. This game is overhyped. It is just a game with a guy walking around in a trench coat while holding a cell phone and dropping the random f-bomb.
One less smutty release to the masses.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@BinaryFragger I have always hated them. (Or at least from when they used StarForce the first time until now. That is the type of malware people get serious prison terms for creating). Bought Rayman Origins twice thinking maybe the Wii version was garbage and the PC one only had Steam DRM so I tried it again it was still garbage. (As you can see by how its value plummeted).

MikeLove

MikeLove said:

@SkywardCrowbar

Why would you pay off a game several months in advance? Especially knowing you could walk into any store the day of and pick it up no problem?

That's like paying for a pizza and telling the delivery guy not to bring it to your house until November 26th 2014 at 5:30pm.

fluggy

fluggy said:

Maybe Nintendo should honour its fan base by bank rolling the production of these games!!! That "promised" 3rd party support was a massive draw for me (although I was always getting a Wii U regardless)! Still, a Wii U with 10 great games is pretty short change for my initial investment!

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

@ JohnRedcorn: I pre-order all my games because it helps the companies and I like the pre-order bonuses. Also, in the case of Watch_Dogs, the game was supposed to come out in November. I had paid it off in October.

The reason I pay off games in advance is financial. When I have a few months to pay them off, I can plan out payments. This ensures that I can get all the games that I want.

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh said:

I love Ubisoft. They're currently my favourite 3rd party and I appreciate the effort they've been putting on Wii U games. I love ZombiU and Rayman Legends. I actually wasn't mad at them for delaying Rayman Legends, as long as I could play it on the original console it was intended, which I did.
I understand that from a business standpoint they may want to refrain from further releases on Wii U. I just don't understand that they cancel a game they announced for a specific platform months ago. I view an announcement as a commitment by the publisher, and it has to deliver on it's word. Otherwise, were talking about lying to their costumers, which I do not take kindly. I am sooo unreasonable, right.

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

@JohnRedcorn
November 26! It's my birthday! Can you give my address to the delivey guy?
Btw, I still love and play Zombi U but that game, better than any Assassin's Creed, won't have any sequel... :(

mamp

mamp said:

@Humphries90 I don't wanna be that guy but why would anyone buy a Wii U just for Watchdogs, maybe Rayman legends since the definitive version is on the wii U but not Watch Dogs.
Anyways can you blame them? Sales aren't doing so hot on the Wii U not to mention they really tried their best with the games they made (ZombiU comes to mind) and they did not sell well.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

I hope it ends up coming to Wii U. It's not exactly the kind of experience I usually love, but I've been having enough fun with Assassin's Creed IV that I'm willing to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt and get it when (if) it's released.

@Technosphile

"If this rumor is true, then instead of punishing Ubisoft by no longer buying their games, how about you place blame where its due and throw it squarely on Nintendo? Nintendo has done practically everything wrong with this console. It has become a money pit for them; how do you think game publishers with substantially less capital feel when they see their games fail on the U largely because of Nintendo's stunning ineptitude?
Hypocrites, the lot of you. I bet most here haven't even played ZombiU, STILL one of the only reasons to purchase a Wii U."

I want to hug you right now. Well said.

@JohnRedCorn

"You missed the part when they delayed Rayman for like a year and everyone on here hated them for it"

You missed the part about WHY they delayed the game. They, just like all the 3rd parties, reacted to a situation. A situation created solely by Nintendo and the typical Nintendo console owner.

@unrandomsam

"How a 30fps game manages to generate any hype whatsoever really does show how little taste most people have."

Would you get off your '60fps OR GTFO' high horse already? It's really annoying and adding nothing to this discussion.

Caryslan

Caryslan said:

@Redxzero And you know this because you played the game already? By your logic, missing a Mario game like Super Mario Galaxy is no big loss because its just a fat plumber jumping on turtles and its the same game yet again, or dismissing the Batman games because they looks like generic beat em ups based on a 30-second trailer.

People can get generic impressions about games from trailers. If people had this attitude, games like Mario Galaxy, Arkham Asylum, and other great games would have just been dismissed for being just another "Mario game " or "another crappy licensed game."

All we have so far is a trailer, and some gameplay footage from shows like E3. Other than that, we really don't know much about the game so far.

I'm not saying Watch Dogs will be a great game, its could be garbage when it comes out. But to dismiss a game over such a generic view is pathetic. What happened to giving things a chance before we judge them? You, I, and the other people here don't know what Watch Dogs will be like. For all we know, it could introduce some innovative features that push the genre forward.

Honestly, give the game a chance to come out before we dismiss it a generic garbage.

MikeLove

MikeLove said:

@gatorboi352

I know why they delayed it and it made perfect sense. I side with Ubisoft here, because they need to make the business decisions that make sense for them, not for Nintendo. I was just pointing out to that guy that Ubisoft got a lot of grief from people on here for delaying Rayman originally, so the hate they are getting now is nothing new here.

burninmylight

burninmylight said:

@Stu13
Not necessarily. Remember when Activision wouldn't confirm or deny whether Cawd Ghosts would be coming to Wii U? You would think these companies would resolve it ASAP if they had a PR-friendly answer, but I can't blame them for taking the "no-comment" stance at all times. Because when the time comes when we, the consumers, won't like the answer, then we would easily be able to figure it out when they don't confirm or deny it.

DrSlump

DrSlump said:

By cancelling watch dogs on wii u ubisoft will lose my support forever. Any kind of game pubblished by ubisoft will be out of my home.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@gatorboi352 It should be part of the article then I wouldn't need to bother. NES games are better in that respect. It is impossible for this game to be worth having. Anything that gets Ubisoft to never make another Wii U game would be an ideal outcome for me as well. (Means stuff actually deserving of exposure actually has a chance of success).

LDXD

LDXD said:

@gatorboi352 OK umm why so? Why support inferior 3rd party games like ME3 for example? I rarely buy AAA 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles as well only because they are usually half @$#% again how is this my fault? I didn't develop or publish the game.
You people need to stop defending these shoty developers and publishers.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Well now I´m confused if the WiiU version is cancelled or not. I didn't pay too much attention to this one, but any major 3rd party release on WiiU is really welcome. Cancellation of WiiU version would make sense though from a business point of view. The average Nintendo player doesn't buy too many 3rd party titles. Actually as a Nintendo owner, this is the first time I have more 3rd than 1st party games (4 of the 1st party titles and 5 from the 3rd party).

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Technosphile I got zombi u with my Wii u day one unfortunately the game felt extremely rushed and had tons of glitches so much so I couldn't even finish the game, and this is somehow Nintendos fault? My fault perhaps? Na I think the blame would go directly at ubisoft so is delaying rayman legends, also having ME3 for $60 on the Wii u all by itself when every other console had the trilogy for the same price at the same time. I guess that's Nintendo's fault too?

Hamguar

Hamguar said:

@gatorboi352

You are only looking at half the problem. Yes there are those that only seek 1st party, but then you have to ask yourself why? No one just flippantly decides this or anything really, there is purpose to all action. Experience shows us that most 1st party only people are jaded from the vast amount of shovelware produced and peddled to them. Heck you only have to look at the lunacy of ME3 on wii u while they also released a full trilogy on all other systems at the same time. All in all it's an unending cycle. 3rd party half assing games and Nintendo fans showing no interest or support as a result which in turns goads them to try even less or simply pull support. The solution is that 3rd partys need to stop with these half hearted attempts and make an effort in what they send over to the Wii U AND Nintendo needs to build some bridges with 3rd party. Both sides need to own up and do some work for this nonsense to stop.

Tsuzura

Tsuzura said:

Now it seems like Wii U is completely dead to third party.
The lack of first party games is also not helping.

JaredJ

JaredJ said:

I have had the Wii U version on pre-order since this game was announced. If its cancelled I guess I will have to switch my pre-order to PS3 since I don't see myself getting a PS4 for about another year.

Aaronzord

Aaronzord said:

I've bought plenty of third party Wii U games since I've had the console (both ACs, Rayman, ZombiU, 007, Adventure Time, etc), but I would have only bought Watch Dogs if I saw it really cheap...it's just never really appealed to me.

This uncertainty sucks for the people who are looking forward to it though. I can't say I'd be surprised if it gets cancelled at this stage, but I hope it does get released.

brucelebnd

brucelebnd said:

I can see why Ubi is leaving Watch Dogs off the Wii U because they don't think it will sell but really that is their own fault.

1st Ubi switches Rayman Legends to multiplatform and for what? about 250k buys on the 360 and 300k on PS3. to make matters worse they released it on the Wii U on Sept 3rd, which by then games like Pikman were out and other games were just weeks away. if they followed the original release date of Feb 26 it would have sold a lot more on the Wii U simply because nothing else was really out at the time.

2nd no Nintendo gamer likes to pay $60 to be a Beta Tester. seriously how often has Ubi released a AAA game that needs to be patched multiple times. why buy a game that seemingly hasn't been tested.

3rd why would any gamer pay full price for a gimped port? if Ubi doesn't want to support games they release on the Wii U why would Nintendo gamers want to buy inferior products?

4th Ubi is so quick to pull the plug on games. I'm seeing AC4 for $30 now. so if I know Ubi will drop the price why would I buy ANY of their games at launch?

seriously if you wait on any Ubi game you'll have a patched game probably free of problems and it will be cheaper, so why would I ever buy a Ubi game at launch?

Ubi has done this to themselves. if they abandon Nintendo fine

turnmebackwards

turnmebackwards said:

I was thinking the other day it would not surprise me if they cancel this. I'm surprised Ubi-soft even supported the console this long. After poor sales of all there games apart from Rayman Legends. To release a massive game like Watchdogs on the Wii U to sell the least amount of copies compared to all other consoles.

Everyone has been saying since day one the Wii U will pick up do better more people will support it. While others say Wii U is doomed! I've been hanging in with the Wii U since it's launch hoping it will pick up do better but I'm highly doubtful. Even Nintendo won't commit to it & give it a year plan of games & now Watchdogs could be canceled it's not good.

brucelebnd

brucelebnd said:

Honestly Wii U has great title for this year,

Hyrule Warriors
DK Tropical Freeze
Lego Movie Game
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Smash Bros
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

I know a lot of these games are Nintendo produced/made but is it Nintendo's fault for making quality games. these so called AAA studios just can't compete when it comes to making quality games.

Redxzero

Redxzero said:

@Caryslan
Mario footage actually looks fun to play. Watchdogs looks about as fun as sitting on a bench somewhere and watching people walk around with a cell phone in their hand. If you like watching paint dry then this game may be the game for you.

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

You need to remember people, that we live in an age now where good games don't really sell consoles.

I mean come on, why the hell would anyone buy a ps4, a console that has no REALLY good games. It pisses me off the way gaming is turning into the fashion industry.

Nintend need to forget 3rd party support for now, and focus on getting good 2nd party developers under their wing and make games that gamers will not be able to go without, it worked for N64 and it could work now.

CrabGats

CrabGats said:

@gatorboi352 The Ouya was a huge mistake, and does not represent all or any independent video game developers. It is also completely unrelated to the development of independent games.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

Eh, I said on the forum, that while it's certainly not impossible that they'll cancel the Wii U version, I think it's highly unlikely. It doesn't matter if they've spent $15 million on the port so far, if it's going to cost another $6 million to finish and you only estimate $5 million being made on it, then yeah, I'd get why they'd pull the plug. It's better to lose the $15 million by cancelling than releasing it and losing $16 million.

I'm sure there can't be that much more work to be done though. A lot of people still think they only delayed it to get away from GTA V and the game has been pretty much finished for a while.

@I-AM-REGGIE

"I mean come on, why the hell would anyone buy a ps4, a console that has no REALLY good games. It pisses me off the way gaming is turning into the fasjon industry."

I'm sorry but you sound really sour.

"Nintend need to forget 3rd party support for now, and focus on getting good 2nd party developers under their wing and make games that gamers will be able to go without, it worked for N64 and it could work now."

Not sure if you're aware, but Nintendo has forgotten about 3rd parties since the N64 days. Also, if you think focusing on 2nd parties "worked" for the N64, I present you: the Playstation One and its 100+ million sales. N64? 32 million sales.

Doma

Doma said:

Time to discontinue the WiiU?

Nintendo's own, paltry line-up won't be enough to sustain the thing from here on out...

th3r3ds0x

th3r3ds0x said:

@Humphries90 So you won't support a company that has decided to stop supporting a game system that you yourself have not supported. That makes a lot of sense. Perhaps if you and others like you actually supported the system instead of the "wait and see" attitude everyone seems to have, the system would be doing a lot better.

turnmebackwards

turnmebackwards said:

&brucelebnd
None of them games have a release date apart from Donkey Kong which make things look bleak.
Nintendo need to do a direct & give us Wii U console owners a year plan of games for 2014 maybe even early 2015 as well.

th3r3ds0x

th3r3ds0x said:

I totally support Nintendo, I love their games, period. If Wii U fails, I sincerely hope their next machine is a powerhouse that can out perform the current machines. If you build it, they will come. They need to come up with a good name this time and learn to advertise.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Doma yeah that's one way to show your most loyal fan base some love by completely screwing them over just because the console is struggling its first year
If they did that I would never support Nintendo again and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would feel that way. Nintendo isn't that stupid or desperate just the people who think they know what's best are

Tender_Cutlet

Tender_Cutlet said:

If this is true then I hope it proves to be just another broken heap of bugs lost amongst a library of better sand box adventures on the PS and Xbox systems. I supported that company by buying Zombi U but otherwise haven't since Rayman 2 on the Dreamcast and have no plans to now ever give them another cent of my cash so long as they keep up this pattern of just releasing unpolished shovelware for the time's most popular platform.

rumple88

rumple88 said:

Still haven't heard from amazon about my pre-order, I'll believe it when I read the email. With all the click bait and bs floating around who really knows any more?

Doma

Doma said:

@LDXD I'm sure the most loyal would gladly accept another 'Ambassador program' as an apology, then be ready to buy the next system day one, lol (like the dude above you).

K-Gamer

K-Gamer said:

I know it's already been said over and over, but if this game cancels, all Ubisoft support will be lost. I love this company but this sort of loss is unspeakable.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Doma as a fan since the nes I would never support them again just like I won't support Microsoft again for their ridiculous shenanigans

dumedum

dumedum said:

Thanks to this article, I now ordered on Amazon a Wii U copy.
But I'll probably cancel it later and get the digital4lyfe version.

Buduski

Buduski said:

Still have faith this will release for the Wii U, day one buy for me, but if it does get cancelled then I guess I can keep some of my money.

Gameday

Gameday said:

Ha, how can they just straight out say they have no comment at this time.. Its your product and people lose faith as you lose backing. If suppliers are taking it down that is something you'd want to definitely want to clear up fast id think.?

GunstarHero234

GunstarHero234 said:

@gatorboi352 Being a realist is the way man I been from hell and back on these forums so I respect anybody with a least of sane in them to show what is truth from the blind fanboy lies everybody faces so to seem.

TheLilK98

TheLilK98 said:

Every article like this puts me one step closer to selling my Wii U and putting the money towards a gaming PC.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

230 comments... finally something interesting is happening here before the release of DKC TF.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

It may all be rumor and speculation, which obviously we all hope thats as far as it goes. But these rumors usually have a sliver of truth to them.
This is why I constantly question Mr.Iwata's leadership. He needs to get on his Luigi-phone and do whatever he can to keep games like this coming to Nintendo systems. Sitting in your office in Kyoto and not doing anything is not what is called for here.

GunstarHero234

GunstarHero234 said:

All I can state is this it's just a rumor people it isn't even confirmed yet so stop getting so negative over something that probably isn't true.......These immature Ubisoft hate comments makes you look like complete fools over nothing which the rest of the SANE people on here were saying which I agree Ubisoft as a 3rd Party did at least more for the Wii U than any other 3rd Party Dev's out there so where the positive appreciation for that but y'all too quick to hate the company over a ONE title because Watch Dogs "probably" going to be cancelled but wasn't even going to support anyways now you despise them sigh...........you baffle me.

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

@gatorboi352

Dude, I own a PS3 and still have a load of PS1 games from back in the day, and I KNOW that if you try and play most PS1 games now the look and feel SO outdated and have not aged well.

But when I bust out my old N64 and games the old greats have held up very well, some even better than what they are bringing out now.

There was never games like goldeneye, perfect dark, f-zero x, wwf no mercy, turok, jet force gemini, mario 64, or ocarina of time on the PS1. I see what your saying about the sales side of things, but when did a consoles user base determine the quality of that console and it's games ?

Comparing the PS1 to the N64 to me is laughable

I am sour, very sour, because I see gamers buying into hype and a name (just like the fashion industry) and now It's starting to affect the games I wan't to play. Yes I could get watch dogs for my PS3, but I didn't want to, I was looking forward to the whole second screen experience with a game like this.

Take deus ex directors cut, sure, It got released on everything, But the Wii U version was a million times better because of the features the gamepad offered, and that is what made it so good.

Deus ex directors cut proves that the gamepad DOES make the difference, and I stand by my statement about the PS4. What is there killzone ? the rest of the games are just current gen ports or garbage like knack, and the only worthwhile EXCLUSIVE game in the near future is infamous 3.

2 games, and a pile of hype, that's all it took.

GunstarHero234

GunstarHero234 said:

@I-AM-REGGIE I call preference to this because regardless of your "bold" comment over hating the PS I had BOTH systems and ENJOYED both so why hate on something because you didn't like it and trying to throw your hate agenda around at others.

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

@GunstarHero234

No, No, No, Please don't misunderstand me

I loved my PS1 and still do, I love tekken, and all them games from back in the day.

All I meant was, in terms of quality of games and how well they have aged, the N64 has the upper hand and always did even though a lot of games never came to it.

I don't hate ANY console, even the jaguar lol

Tritonus

Tritonus said:

@gatorboi352 kotaku article updated. Watch dogs is still coming apparently.

thought I don't get why Ubi just doesn't come out and say "hey, it's still coming!"

Matts14

Matts14 said:

@gatorboi352 Not buying a game does not make you part of the problem other wise over 6 billion people are part of the problem because they dint get a third party game on wii u. It just means that you aren't part of the solution. I am not obligated to buy every game that makes it on to a nintendo platform not even first party ones. But every wii u that's out there means another potential customer for third party developers and a better possibility we will see the games we want on the wii u.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@I-AM-REGGIE I don't think the Deus Ex situation proves much other than if the main target is the Wii U then it works better on the Wii U than if it is put on the Wii U with the minimal amount of effort possible.

(I still prefer the PC version of Directors Cut because I can use a keyboard and mouse and it is totally rock solid 60fps on Ati - I know Nvidia has issues with it but they don't affect me in this instance).

I think Saturn stuff has aged better than either the PS1 or N64.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Matts14 It is strange how that works as well though. There is lots of people with Xbox or Playstation in my family / who I know who buy Fifa / CoD / GTA and that is it. (Far more than any other type of player infact). The chances of them buying anything else is even less than most Nintendo fans. (But that never seems to be factored in).

Purple

Purple said:

@rjejr Ive been wondering the same damn thing! Is there a single thing releasing this year or soon other than another platformer and mario kart? You make a lot of sense. Sad but true...

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@brucelebnd All those games should be available in one month. Not spread out over an entire year. (That sort of amount and quality anyway not the specific ones obviously).

Rin-go

Rin-go said:

Those people who spread the "truth", but are actually like the "fanboys" they want the spread the "truth" to and their circle of mutual adoration is quite ridiculous.

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

@unrandomsam

Ooooooooh, the saturn

Yes I remember christmas 96, waking up and unwrapping my shiny new saturn with fighters megamix.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you about deus ex. The gamepad really made that game something more. PC will of course always look the best, but the Wii U version still looked good enough and I never experienced any game breaking glitches and it seemed to run smoothly enough for me.

I case you haven't, try the Wii U version and you'll see what I mean.

GunstarHero234

GunstarHero234 said:

@Rin-go Same as the blind people that think the truth is lies which is the same people that keep cheerleading a brand like any other.........which doesn't know they are a "fanboy" themselves but try to defend they not to stay "cool" which is pathetic.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

@WaveBoy who finds this stuff cool? I do. That a problem? Also the guy you control isn't ghetto. Do try to control your fanboy attitude. I know you usually are not in control of it by previous posts ive seen. However, if you dont like the game or care, great. Others do and we all dont have to dislike every game you disapprove of. Get off your horse. Not looking for an argument. Just saying what I think. Same as you.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

@unrandomsam you dont seem to like anything thats not 60fps,1080p or the coolest, bestest evaaaaaaaar. God you're so flipping negative it makes me want to scream. Just saying.

rumple88

rumple88 said:

Watch Dogs wii u just jumped from 5,744 to 352 on amazon. Seems this has worked out to be some very positive pre-order hype for the game.

dumedum

dumedum said:

@Subie98 why are you so annoyed? it is waveboy's opinion, which is not fanboyish at all. It is simply an honest look at the state of the industry and his preference of specific games.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

@I-AM-REGGIE uh, I got a ps4 because it has games I want. Why do you eat the foods you like? What the hell kind of question is that... also I have a wii u before you try to say I dont. Had it since February 2013. Also n64 games have aged no better than ps1 games. You're high.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

@dumedum not annoyed by waveboy. Was annoyed by sam. Just letting waveboy know his opinion isnt the end all be all. Not sure if you saw his original post. He struts around here acting like if its not made by Nintendos 1st or 2nd party itself the game is crap. Its simply untrue. At least thats the impression I get.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

@Subie98
Who said that you have to dislike every game i dissaprove of? i'm sorry if you feel like i'm speaking for everybody with my high horsey negative nancy comments. The gaming industry is in a rough state, even nintendo is playing it rather safe these days....

I say it like it is, regardless if it's Nintendo. I've owned multiple Sega & Nintendo consoles over the years including other consoles such as the PS1. I may gravitate big time to Nintendo these days, but by no means am i an uuber fan boy(then again...;) ) that bows down to every little thing nintendo does. Don't be so quick to judge. :P But yeah, Watchdogs isn't my cup of tea, but nevertheless i always enjoy making fun of these types of games that are clogging up the industry.

@dumedum
thanks man! dumedum's always got my back hehe. :*
What's your stance on the state of the industry? Perhaps if there was a sega i wouldn't be so tailored to the big N, but as is it's truly depressing once you take a glance outside of NIntendoVille and realise the grimmish dark, realistic, war heavy and overly violent videog ames that the PS4 & One have to offer.

it feels like one massive trend and i'm tired of the emphasis soley being on these types of MatureZ games There just isn't enough variety. I should also add that i'm just not a fan of twin stick traditionally controlled 3D games these days unless you are a mario platformer. :P I want classic Nintendo, capcom and Konami goodness + innovative use of controller hardware.

Capcom and Konami however have been totaly westernized...sigh* It feels like the Big N is the only big company that have stuck to their vintage guns. I'm also rooting for Inafune's new company and Yacht club. :*

Subie98

Subie98 said:

@WaveBoy I apologize then. its the vibe I get from a lot of your post. I personally think the industry caters heavily to the west. I do happen to like playing cod or other fps and other games that people deem "grey." However its not all I play, I love the mario party games. Not every mario game is something ill buy though. I do like mario games a ton. I play Zelda stuff too. I enjoy racers a lot as well. What I miss from gaming the most is Jrpgs. Its part of the reason I own sony systems. I think of myself as a very well rounded gamer. I do agree that people need more variety than just what the west wants. I think we could definitely do without the yearly or what feels to be yearly fps sequel. I ESPECIALLY want them to bring back jrpgs. Well at least release more than the few we get.

MAB

MAB said:

@WaveBoy Yeah, I still don't get why these chain of fools fall for the old tried and tested clickbait crap ;)

Untitled

Subie98

Subie98 said:

@MAB I didnt fall for anything. I did read it however and was waiting for an actual statement from Ubisoft before I get all disappointed. :-)

Psyclone

Psyclone said:

Might aswell post an article about the "Nintendo Fusion" until confirmed otherwise :

rjejr

rjejr said:

Maybe the date will be in the Nintendo Direct next week ;-)
It won't be Feb 28th though.

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

@Subie98

It has the games you like ? what games ?

It ain't got none, what are you playing ? killzone, knack, or killzone ?

I was really considering a PS4 just before christmas, and I thought to myself right, what games shall I get, killzone.......errrrrrrrrrrr

I love killzone, I got all of them, mercenary on the vita is probably the best handheld game ever made. But as much as I want shadowfall, I can't buy a console for one game, and the rest of the GOOD games on it, I can get on my PS3 or Wii U.

You know I'm right

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

well if they do cancel the game the third party support is gone i wonder what nintendo is going to say they cant say here is what are partners are doing making games for other systems thats is not the wiiu and im feeling this is just a ruse to get watch dogs attention so people can buy the game on the other systems like ps4 verion of the game and forget about the wiiu cause they think that version will not sell maybe its true.

HappyHappyist

HappyHappyist said:

if this doesnt come to WiiU, i'll have to buy a PS4 to play it. don't make me buy a PS4 Ubisoft, i dont want any games on it.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

okay this is making me think this a ruse for watchdogs ubioft is making us buy the game for other the systems so those versions can sell well and maybe when the wiiu version is out and does not sell they just made a excuse to leave nintendo and the wiiu.

banacheck

banacheck said:

There are a lot of Nintendo Ninshin's on here.

The game is not even canned on the Wii some of you lot need to get over yourself's.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@banacheck It will fail though. I have seen twice in two different shops a full four row display for it just with preorder cases for every system except the Wii U.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

@I-AM-REGGIE I really dont think you are. I have more than just killzone. No its not knack. I also dont think it really matters. Who says I wanted it on ps3 when id change to ps4 anyway. Also two other games I want come out in about a month anyway. I didnt get my ps4 til two weeks ago. Its not like I ran out to stand in lines at launch day.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Nintenjoe64

Hahaha... right? Some dude hears negative doom n' gloom, and somehow therefore thinks Nintendo is halting Wii U development and porting to PS4. Immediately removes Watch Dogs Wii U from website.

They wouldn't cancel the Wii U version considering how close to being finished it is. It would be a ridiculous move that makes no sense. If you already made the game, might as well release it and recoup at least some money. Idk, it might do well. I pre ordered it, and I hope my fellow Nintenfans do likewise...

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@nathatruc I was most excited for off-tv play & using the touch screen like it was the in-game phone. The other consoles won't do that without extra hardware I don't have / won't be as accessible & lag free as on the Wii U gamepad & therefore I won't be buying on anything but Wii U.

rumple88

rumple88 said:

Let's put this into perspective, with just a little hype and mis info. Watch Dogs Wii U has climbed past Mario Cart, Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2, and almost passed DK on the pre sale charts today. I don't know how many pre-orders were made today but it took a 1,007% jump according to amazon. Further more it is currently #9 in the top 10 Movers & Shakers. It's the only console game in this top 10, the rest are PC games. UBI I hope your paying attention!

element187

element187 said:

@gatorboi352 you do realize consumers aren't charities... If a company doesn't make a product you are interested in, how can you expect someone to purchase it?

element187

element187 said:

@JaxonH I'll buy WD on Wii U but I would never preorder any game. I don't see the point. The game will be plentiful for Wii U

QuickSilver88

QuickSilver88 said:

Hopefully this is still coming as Ubisofts games have been pretty good. i have ZombieU, Rayman, and AC4 and they did great on those games. You know everyone talking about ps4 and xb1 fast sales but lets remember WiiU had fast start as well. I think this year will be very telling as far as the environment for gaming. WiiU already at 5.5mil units with DK and MK8 out before watchdogs. I would expect WiiU to be close to 8mil units by then.....XB1 and PS4 likely won't be much higher at that point. No other sandbox game is announced for WiiU so it could do better than expected. BTW Child of light is still confirmed for WiiU but isn't it supposed to be digital only?

Spakiness

Spakiness said:

This is the only 3rd party title I am actually looking forward to. Please don't take it away. T_T

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@JaxonH

From what I can tell, hype for this game has pretty much dried up. Now, given the kind of game it is, Ubi could build the hype back up once it decides on a release date, but the game has to appear significantly better than the last time we saw it otherwise, I don't even know why they're bothering. The game looked great when it debuted and then just got worse and worse with each showing after, the most recent one being a complete joke.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@midnafanboy

Well the game wasn't cancelled for Wii U. Even still, other versions will probably sell better. They're not going to temporarily can the Wii U version then release it later only to say 'oh it didn't sell we're done supporting Wii U.' Not everything is a damn conspiracy. Frankly, Ubi is the only third party really supporting the Wii U, if they wanted to drop the console, they would've done so a while ago. What you're talking about them doing makes zero sense.

ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 said:

I wonder if Ubisoft thought they could quietly cancel it, but then caught wind that the internet was catching on to the cancel, and said "Nevermind, we're better off releasing it and losing money than tarnishing our reputation with Nintendo gamers"...

kereke12

kereke12 said:

This just stupid, the world of video games get stupider every day. It makes me shame that I'm a gamer.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

I thought it was crazy when I was in the mental ward for a few days, the posts in this article are a whole new level.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

I'm not even that personally invested in the idea of Watch_Dogs, but as long as it comes out for Wii U, I plan on buying it to show what little support one purchase makes.

Sceptic

Sceptic said:

@ZyroXZ2: Safe to say that the hardcore Nintendo fans are a negligible demographic. And rightfully so, as certain comments here are testament to.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@XCWarrior Don't think it is of great benefit you could use it but only with substantial hassle. It only supports DirectInput. (Not Xinput which nearly all the newer games use). Could use it with x360ce but that is it. (Could change if they are sold off cheaply and something like the DS3 Xinput wrapper is made). If you are willing to use direct input you can use any number of classic older controllers with a mayflash adapter.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Glad this is still coming. Can anyone remember the last time a major 3rd party title was announced for Wii U? Its getting a bit concerning...

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

wasnt going to get it for wii u but when i heard about this new i was surprised still think its fake cuz why would they cancel half way it be stupid to do that even more after it being delayed o.O

ghosto

ghosto said:

Ubisoft had 3 franchise games on the original Xbox that dominated and in the blink of an eye they destroy all three of them by taking the games in the direction nobody wanted with all the future tech crap and pretty much paved the way for Call of Duty and Battlefield to take over and now those franchises are circling the drain to obscurity by making the exact same mistakes.

While Nintendo's polices aren't perfect they are setting themselves up for the long term and not painting themselves into a corner to make a fast buck. Nintendo has invested far more into the Wii U and the 3rd parties have invested next to nothing into the console yet expect a massive return with minimal effort and all the 3rd parties refusing to support the Wii U are doing it because they know their own products are junk that won't sell.

withoutdk

withoutdk said:

i asked about this almost a month ago... and for now some of the editions for wii u are removed from the uplay site... like the dedsec edition.... but who cares... if they wanna join EA... then let them... i wont buy anymore from them if they continue this :D

CaPPa

CaPPa said:

I'll be picking up the Wii U version of Watch Dogs because of the GamePad features. Simple things like item/weapon selections and offscreen maps make these type of games so much more enjoyable to me.

Humphries90

Humphries90 said:

@andrea987 Not officially. I'm sure there's independent shops out there that have either imported from Korea or Hong Kong, but I've yet to even see any that have a WiiU.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Turbo857 - "Rayman Legends delay? Ok, I get it but I'm sure their delay of the Wii U version impacted its sales potential. Wii U version of Splinter Cell: Blacklist with no offline co-op? Inexcusable. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag with no DLC (not even at least Freedom Cry)? Inexcusable."

Facts are facts. Nice round-up of Ubi's past discretions.

If it is canceled, what does Ubi gain by announcing it? No reason to annoy potential customers of Zombie U and Rayman and AC4 on the Wii U by announcing a cancellation of a version of a game that doens't have a release date yet. If Ubi is going to cancel the Wii U version, and any other versions, we will only find out when they give the release date, not before. They'll just give a release date and list the platforms it's on and then offer an apology to whoever isn't getting it. I just don't see anything to be gained by announcing a cancellation. Except public trust, and who cares about that? ;-)

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

It's not cancelled, the game is still coming to Wii U. End of story. Besides why wouldn't it be coming if the game is already completed, all UbiSoft is doing for the next extra months is polishing the game and adding in-game extras so no worries.

TheRealThanos

TheRealThanos said:

@AlexSora89 #10 To what song should we sing those lyrics? ;)
@gatorboi352 I'm sad to say I have to agree with most of your comments (up until the link you posted about US retailers also canceling pre-orders, since that was already updated) but then we also have to agree that this is indeed a rather sad conclusion to have to make as a Nintendo fan...
@Silvershock #204 I would have given you a thumbs up or a +1 for that comment if NLife gave commenters the option, good one. ;)
@GunstarHero234 Hey man, good to see you're still on here. Tried to do my part when you went all ballistic a while ago, but good to see that you cooled down, cheers...
@I-AM-REGGIE Good one on the GamePad's added value. Please be sure to also tell that to Mahe: NLife's resident GamePad hater... ;)

Henmii

Henmii said:

"Did you read the updates? The cancellation rumor seems to be false, it's still scheduled for Wii U"

That's what they told us! But there is still 99.9% chance that it gets cancelled! I just feel it will be canceled! I would be VERY surprised if it doesn't get canceled!

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

It's either PC or Wii U for Watch Dogs, we shall see when the game is out.

It's really a shame that Rayman Legends has apparently sold less than 200000 copies on Wii U, since the leaderboards lists about 180000 players. It definitely is the best version and the original version of the game so a bit sad to see so little of the almost five million Wii U gamers actually experiencing it...

Michel Ancel and his team deserves more players experiencing one of the best games of last year. Ubisoft's strategies in messing up the release surely damaged the game's reputation, but it is a great game.

rumple88

rumple88 said:

@Henmii Money for development/porting isn't refundable. And it's around 1.5mil to port a game from what I've read so why would they not want to make there money back? It would make zero sense at this point in the game to cancel it. They just need to convince a quarter of 5+ million Wii U owners there game is worth buying and they made there 1.5mil back. I know I'm excited about it and I'm not usually really into these sort of games.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

They've spent huge amounts of money developing it for the WiiU. They'd be foolish to then not release it for that console. I admit I'll be picking this game up regardless of the console it's released on, but, assuming it comes out for the WiiU then THAT's the console I'll pick it up on! Can't wait!

Pod

Pod said:

To me this game only ever looked interesting for the first few minutes of the first announcement trailer.

When it was still ripping off Blade Runner.

Then it became some trite F-bomb dispenser with public menace mechanics. Might be more to it, though, and for the people who're excited I of course hope it isn't cancelled.

Henmii

Henmii said:

@LavaTwilight,

I agree that since they have spend the money, there isn't really much sense in cancelling it! But I still think it will happen! I don't know, just a feeling!