Feature: The Biggest Wii U Games of 2014

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Some good 'uns are on the way

A new year is here, and with it comes the opportunity for Nintendo and its partners to excite Wii U owners in the best possible way — with great games. We've decided to list some of the most anticipated and exciting games coming to the Wii U in 2014, all as a taste of what's to come.

Our aim with this list is to avoid speculative entries, but include titles stated to be coming in 2014, even if no specific date has been given; we're optimistic that all of these games will arrive this year. We'll update our list every three months, but long-absent titles such as the previously teased Yarn Yoshi don't make the cut this time around.

These are all confirmed titles, and we'd expect our future lists this year to evolve as games arrive and more are announced.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze — 21st February (North America and Europe)

It may not have been the Retro Studios announcement that all were hoping for, but there's certainly potential in this sequel to the brilliant Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii. Preview builds have shown a continuation of the excellent platforming that came before, but with improved visuals, swooping camera angles and more playable characters. Dixie Kong will have an extended jump, while Cranky Kong will have a DuckTales-style cane, while the Kong Pow move will be a good way to clear enemies and grab more items. It's the first major first-party release on Wii U of 2014, and could be a beauty.

Mario Kart 8 — Spring

One of the big commercial hopes for the Wii U, its predecessors on Wii and 3DS have been huge successes at retail. It looks gorgeous visually, with plenty of vehicles and characters once again; the twist this time is anti-gravity, with tracks twisting upside down. We've been impressed by preview builds, and it's a vital franchise for Nintendo; we'd expect to learn more about new tracks, modes and online features in the not-too-distant future.

Super Smash Bros. — 2014

A firm release window still eludes us, despite loose rumours pinging around the web. Whatever the final release date, this'll be a significant title for the Wii U, and is certainly one of the most hyped upcoming arrivals. The roster continues to gradually grow and Masahiro Sakurai treats us to regular screens, and this will also be a rarity as a dual release on 3DS. The home console version will have its own unique stages, and we certainly hope it'll also bring us smooth, reliable online play; an exciting prospect.

Bayonetta 2

This was on our equivalent list last year as a speculative entry, and it ultimately didn't make it; in fact, we're yet to have a solid release window. Once a date is confirmed we're likely to see hype ramp up again, and we'll see whether it will have much selling power as an exclusive on the Wii U. Its original announcement certainly caused controversy and prompted some to say they'd contemplate buying a Wii U for that game alone — what we do know is that it looks promising, based on the demo builds that have done the rounds. We'd love to see a deal for a budget port of its predecessor, too...

Monolith Soft's X — 2014

The prospect of a HD RPG from Monolith Soft certainly has some members of the Nintendo Life team hyped beyond reasonable levels. Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii set impressive standards, and new footage of this project throughout 2013 suggested that progress towards a 2014 release is moving along nicely. It looks like it has another world of epic scope, and we're certainly anxious to learn more.

Hyrule Warriors — 2014

Undoubtedly a surprise announcement in the final Nintendo Direct broadcast of 2013, this is a Zelda-themed title from Tecmo Koei that follows the Dynasty Warriors template. It's safe to say most wouldn't have predicted that, and it'll be interesting to see how the combat-heavy — potentially button-mashing — gameplay will be tweaked for a Hyrule setting. Satoru Iwata was at pains to say it's not the next full Zelda title, but it could certainly be the most intriguing release this year.

Watch_Dogs — Spring 2014

This was on our updated lists last year, but potential issues were highlighted as release approached and, at late Summer 2013 events such as the Eurogamer Expo, limited demo footage looked a tad underwhelming. The launch of the behemoth open-world title Grand Theft Auto V also didn't help, and Ubisoft delayed the release in order to improve and polish the end result. We're still intrigued by the ambitious concept of an open, hackable world with seamless real-time online interactions, and hope the end result delivers on Wii U.

Project CARS — Q3 2014

This ambitious driving title has seen some delays, with Q3 this year the new target; Slightly Mad Studios recently dropped Xbox 360 and PS3 in favour of the One and PS4, but has retained its Wii U release. The studio has continually talked up the Wii U's ability to deliver a strong version of the game, and with so few driving titles on the system this could certainly be one to watch.

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails — 2014

Originally expected in late 2013, this Wii U eShop exclusive from Dakko Dakko has been pushed back as we await word on a new target release. This is an on-rails shooter in a very literal sense, as you navigate around fixed rails to rescue cats and destroy enemies. Demo builds have certainly been encouraging, with GamePad-centric gameplay a prominent part of the experience; you can learn more about this one in our interview with Dakko Dakko.

FAST Racing NEO — 2014

Shin'en Multimedia certainly has its fans among Nintendo Download enthusiasts, and FAST - Racing League was a stand-out on WiiWare. Confirmation of a sequel on the Wii U eShop certainly has plenty looking ahead optimistically, and it may give us our fast futuristic racing fix; it's not like Nintendo's given us a new F-Zero to enjoy...

So there you have it, ten games that we think represent ten of the biggest due to arrive on the Wii U this year. Let us know which is your favourite, or some others that we've left out that you want to share, in the poll and comments below. Be sure to check back tomorrow, too, for our 3DS list.

What's your most anticipated Wii U game of 2014? (1,050 votes)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Mario Kart 8

21%

Super Smash Bros.

30%

Bayonetta 2

Monolith Soft's X

25%

Hyrule Warriors

Watch_Dogs

Project CARS

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails

FAST Racing NEO

My choice isn't on the list

Please login to vote in this poll.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Wasn't that hyped for DKCTF until they showed off some Cranky Kong gameplay!! He reminds me of Nabbit!

I voted for X because I feel that Smash Bros and MK8 will get the most votes. :3 Can't wait for X!

Blast

Blast said:

X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAYONETTA 2!!!!! 2014 looks sooo good for Wii U :D

Matts14

Matts14 said:

Smash bros was probably the second most anticipated game this year. Everyone's following the screenshots and the new challengers. People are getting excited when an assist trophy is added

SavoirFaire

SavoirFaire said:

What about SMT x FE? I hope that is a 2014 release as I have just discovered both franchises in 2013 and enjoyed them both.

I think Nintendo has a good chance to blow people away at E3 this year. Let's hope the focus on 2014/early 2015 titles instead of 3-4 years out like other consoles did in 2013.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

X has the potential to be my favourite of the lot, but as I've said before, Monolith Soft have put out plenty of mediocre games before, so I'm not as confident it will turn out as well as Xenoblade did. I'm quite looking forward to Donkey Kong and Bayonetta 2 as well, but that's about it for me. No interest in MK or Smash.

YChung

YChung said:

This list is way too short. Reggie said there would be no drought this year. All the evidence points otherwise. There is virtually no 3rd party support.
We need Nintendo to pull out their franchises:

• Metroid
  • Fire Emblem
  • F-Zero
  • Star Fox

All different genres and all aimed at the hardcore.

TheHeropon

TheHeropon said:

Smash has to be my most anticipated game. X is a close second with Mario Kart in third. I'd be more hyped for SMT x FE if I knew what it would play like

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

Stoked for Smash Bros and X the most, but i'm definitely interested in MK8, DKCTF and Watch Dogs as well. The only way i'll be picking up Bayonetta 2 is if it is bundled with Bayonetta 1. Otherwise, i'm not interested, as i never got to play the original and from what i hear the story of the first one is hard enough to understand even if you HAVE played it... I dont fancy going in blind for the sequel to a story like that.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

"X" for me, I am really looking forward to see how they will better "Xenoblade Chronicles", my favourite game of all time! (...next to "F-Zero GX", of course)

Quite curious about FAST newest entry. Anyway, I will end up buying everything on that list for sure.

Mytoemytoe

Mytoemytoe said:

@YChung List is WAY too short, agreed. Kong, Kart, Smash and X are all probably must-haves but I can't say that definitively for the rest of 'em.

donkeykong64

donkeykong64 said:

Uggghhh I love all these entries but I'm just not sure if these games are enough to "save" the Wii U. Or at least increase it's sales dramatically.

BenAV

BenAV said:

X is definitely the one I'm most excited for.
Mario Kart 8 is looking pretty sweet though, and Hyrule Warriors has me a little curious.
I'm excited for Smash Bros. to be finished and finally out, so that Sakurai can hopefully work on something better.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I'd be surprised to see X this year (outside of Japan at least), but that's my most anticipated.... I'll probably get most of these though. MK and SSB will hopefully be system sellers, but Nintendo needs something new and innovative beyond these relatively predictable extensions of existing concepts.

LDXD

LDXD said:

X, bayonetta2, Mario kart, DK, Smash, are all day one for me looking forward to X most because I love RPGs more than anything
I hope retro is working on metroid now that DK is out the way

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

X, X, X!!!
And then Donkey and Smash/Watch_Dogs.

Of course Mario Kart is a sure thing too but right now it doesn't attract me as much.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

I'd be lying if I didn't say Smash Bros. This June will mark three years since it was first announced for Wii U and 3DS, and it wasn't even in development yet when it was announced. I can't wait to finally get my hands on it!

Also stoked for Mario Kart 8, DKC Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2 and X.

B-Squared

B-Squared said:

Smash Bros is too easy. So, X!!! Super excited (even if I haven't gotten through Xenoblade yet...) Really, everything for 2014 is looking good!!

VictorySong

VictorySong said:

Definitely X and Donkey Kong for me. X definitely looks ambitious tho and unless they've been working on it since they got done with Xenoblade I expect it to be released late this year or possibly even next year.

freaksloan

freaksloan said:

Mario Kart 8! The reason I bought my Wii U, and the fact I only paid $219.

Project CARS looks good.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I would be lying to myself if I didn't vote for Super Smash Bros., but I'm really excited for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8 as well. I think Yarn Yoshi could still make it this year.

VictorySong

VictorySong said:

@Hernandez Agreed. DKCR is one of the best platformers I've ever played. And seeing how expansive and beautiful Xenoblade was on the wii I'm really excited to see how X turns out.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I can understand X and Smash Bros 4 getting the most votes, but I really hope the low number of votes for DKC Tropicial Freeze, Bayonetta 2 and Watch Dogs aren't indicative of a lack of interest. I can see it now- these excellent games all flop because nobody buys them. That would be a disaster of epic proportions.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

X, mario kart 8, smash, hyrule, watch dogs, project cars. Ill probably play donkey kong and bayo 2 but I doubt id buy them. Ill rent them for free from the library

Aaronzord

Aaronzord said:

DKC for me. I've managed to avoid all the SSB hype, so I really have no idea what to expect...should be full of nice surprises.

Ron1212

Ron1212 said:

@Mytoemytoe @YChung Guys, keep in mind that there are games that are yet to be revealed. If you remember, The Wind Waker HD wasn't revealed until Janurary 2013, the same year it released. So there will be more games announced for 2014 in the next few Nintendo Directs and at E3. Even Super Mario 3D World, a big title, was revealed at E3 2013, the same year it released.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@TruenoGT

Hence Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bayonetta 2, Monolith Soft's X, SMT x Fire Emblem and Pikmin 3. All of which are anything but "predictable extentions". I don't think anyone could have predicted any of these games coming to Wii U before they were announced.

T

NbaJunkie

NbaJunkie said:

Cant wait to fill up my 1tb HD with all these games!900+gigs of lonely memory on my WiiU

ChimeraKnight

ChimeraKnight said:

Bayonetta 2 for me. P* has slowly become my favorite developer with Bayonetta, Vanquish, Metal Gear Rising, and W101. I'm hopeful they can keep it up, I'm just concerned Nintendo may have requested they change some things for the sequel to make it more suitable for a Nintendo console.

Also, with them showing interest in releasing the first Bayonetta on Wii U why not just put it on the same disc with the second game? Might be an incentive for people who have never played it to pick up the games if they are presented as a double-pack.

Fazermint

Fazermint said:

X is my most anticipated game, ever. Xenoblade is without a doubt one of the best RPGs available - and arguably one of the best games in general. X looks like either a direct sequel (landscapes are similar to Xenoblade) or a spiritual successor (as with all Xeno-games), so I expect it to be even better than Xenoblade. To top it off, it has online multiplayer. It's going to be the most epic game ever created. I can't wait to immerse myself in the beautifully crafted world of X, battling gigantic monsters with my swordgun, driving and flying around in my mech, and playing it with friends.

astroshamu

astroshamu said:

2014 is looking awesome! My most hyped game is Watch_Dogs, I've been excited for that since they announced it. These are all going to be amazing games! 2014 is going to be a good year for Wii U

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

@Peach64

What Monolith Soft making mediocre games before, are you sure? Baten Kaitos, Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyan, Soma Bringer, Namco x Capcom, Xenosaga, Xenogear, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Super Robot Taisen, I don't think any of them are that mediocre. Maybe you mistake them for another company, Monolith Productions. A mediocre game would be games like Valhalla Knights, Madden NFL, and Call of Duty.

Ultra128

Ultra128 said:

I've probably sunk more hours into the Smash Bros. series than any other. Thus, I can abide not much longer for Smash 4.

Of course, ever since the SNES days, I've also loved Donkey Kong; I enjoyed DKCR on Wii, and after seeing how Retro was able to craft such a solid platformer on their first try, Tropical Freeze is sure to be a very "cool" game.

The Wii U looks to have a banner 2014. X looks excellent, as I love these kinds of big effing games like Xenoblade before it. Mario Kart I've stuck with since the N64 days, so Mario Kart 8 is a no-brainer. Of course, I cannot say that I am necessarily interested in all these games, but I still hope they all turn out great for those who are looking forward to them.

If anything, at least the Wii U is getting many surefire hits that you can't get anywhere else.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I voted for Bayonetta 2, loved the first game so much on 360. I look forward to Smash and Mario Kart as well. I may keep an eye on X. Hopefully there will be more games than this on Wii U in 2014.

Buduski

Buduski said:

X, smash & bayonetta 2 are my top picks for 2014 close seconds are watch dog & mk8

moomoo

moomoo said:

I like how we say X and Bayonetta are coming 2014 when we actually have no clue.
Didn't keep me from voting for X, mind you. That game looks fantastic.

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

Super Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS
Bayonetta 2
Monolith Soft's X
Hyrule Warriors
Watch_Dogs

Looks like i'll be Platinum next year again!
I'm already Platinum on both of this years accounts...

GearsOfWarU

GearsOfWarU said:

My most anticipated games of 2014 are 1. Smash Bros Wii U 2. Bayonetta 2 3. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze 4. Mario Kart 8 5. Shovel Knight .... My Most Hopefull Releases are Destiny (Bungie/Activision) & Star Fox Wii U ( Platinum Games ) ... can't wait for more exciting games to play on my Wii U hopefully this year will resemble August to December 2013 With a bevey of great games ... no more January to July Droughts !!!!!!!

Gold

Gold said:

(In no particular order of hype)
1. Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze
2. Mario Kart 8
3. Super Smash Bros. U (I don't like the 3DS one)
4. Monolith Soft's X
5. Hyrule Warriors
6. Watch Dogs (Why is there always an underscore for WD?)
And hopefully Shovel Knight will come out this year. I'm sorta interested in that game. Now, I'm off to make a "Nintendo 2014 Bingo Chart."

Zero_Revolution

Zero_Revolution said:

Well, my choice would likely be Zelda U, but out of the games listed, I had to go with either Mario Kart 8 or Bayonetta 2.

King47

King47 said:

How likely is bayonetta 2 to succeed without the first released in the system? I'll probably get it, but this fact makes me somewhat worried about the game's fate.
But X is my most anticipated game.

DrRandle

DrRandle said:

I wouldn't say I'm -Most- Excited for Scram Kitty, but that game looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

I will own everyone of these titles they all look awesome , the Wii U looks set to have an EPIC YEAR .., so glad I got a Wii U .

VolcanoFlamesNL

VolcanoFlamesNL said:

All of 'em for me! But Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros are first, Hyrule Warriors and DKRTF coming close. Plus the unannounced games! Ohhhh.... 2014!!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I voted for Smash Bros, but I am still very excited for DKC, MK8, X and Scram Kitty. Also Project Cars if the port is good.

I am also hopeful of the surprise announcements during Directs.

Ste

Ste said:

Hi everyone,
I voted for Mario Kart, Watch Dogs was a close second with Project Cars right behind it

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

I'm way too excited for all of them, it's difficult to vote. But I think I would choose X even if I never played Xenoblade but the fact that X it's an open world RPG with HD graphics, dinosaurs, huge creatures to battle and flying robots it's something that every gamer should be excited about. 2014 could be the true ryse of Wii U since it would have two of it's biggest system sellers such as MK8 and Smash. Plus, all the unnanounced stuff that would be revealed in future Nintendo Directs.

But the thing that makes me more excited is that looks like we are not going to have another drought of games like on spring/summer of 2013 anymore! Heck yesss!

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

Easily Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U. It's my favourite franchise and Melee is my favourite video game of all-time, so no doubt that I'm eagerly anticipating this one!

Setrodox

Setrodox said:

Now let's see how many of these actually make it in 2014 and how many are delayed into the next year.

micronean

micronean said:

Project CARS for me, as I'm a racing fanatic. But most of those games are great and I can't wait to play them. I hope they don't disappoint.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I really hope they hit us with some more big announcements soon. Not too much that interests me so far this year. (Smash Bros. would have been highly-anticipated, but the removal of any sort of story mode means I'm better off just playing it at a friend's house. Playing against endless bots grows old for me.)

Ventilator

Ventilator said:

I voted for Project Cars only because it had 1%.

I will buy X, Project Cars, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, Bayonetta 2, Watch Dogs and Neo Racing??? because its from Shin'en.

RUMOUR: "The Devils Third" is said to be Wii U exclusive.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Donkey Kong Country is the only one of those I am bothered about. (I am worried they will destroy the difficulty as the current fashion seems to be).

Rapido

Rapido said:

Bayonetta 2. And are we supposed to expect a 2015 release for SMTxFE?

Godzealous

Godzealous said:

As a Grand Prix Legends (GPL) from years and years ago I can not wait to do some 1960's era Formula One racing action. Sans driving aids, I am hoping that with much time and effort I may be able to do a lap of Spa without wrecking.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Ventilator hmmm where you are hearing that from? last I hear it was ps4 and xbox1 that will be interesting if it is a Wii u exclusive

JimLad

JimLad said:

Those look like some really good games but not much of it interests me sadly.
Smash Bros doesn't seem to be doing anything new, although I might get it if the online actually works this time.
Donkey Kong I will try but I really didn't get along with the first one, the difficulty was ridiculous.
I'm not a fan of button mashers or RPGs so that rules out Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors and X.
Mario Kart does look interesting with the gravity, not sure why they didn't make a new F-Zero instead though.

Yarn Yoshi or Zelda would be top of my list. Hopefully they'll come out this year.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

damn this was hard to choose but im more excited for X cause xenoblade chronicles was amazing and im still waiting for sakuria to announce midna for smash bros fingers crossed.

Royalblues

Royalblues said:

Smash, Kong, X and Kart. At least the Wii U will have 4 great games this year *if X comes out this year). Now I hope for a bigger 3rd party presence on the system, because I am tired of the story of Mario and Zelda holding a Nintendo platform.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

@JaxonH Don't get me wrong, I think these are/will be awesome games, are truly great for fans, and in some cases were unexpected to be on Wii U. However, outside of Wonderful 101 (2013) and perhaps SMT x Fire Emblem (who knows what it will be like), I'm not sure any of these represent fundamentally new or bold game concepts that will expand the system's audience beyond fans that already expect them. I was thinking more along the lines of a game changer on par with the original Super Mario Bros or Wii Sports. That said, I personally can't wait for all the titles you mentioned, and hope they move the needle for potential new Wii U players as well as existing ones. As long as Nintendo keeps the Wii U rolling and all these games make it out (and many more), I'll be a happy camper.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

X has to be the most impressive game for 2014 on ALL platforms! The sheer amount of detail the trailers already showed off proves how much work Monolith puts into the project. It's the very reason I got myself a WiiU, so it's obviously my most anticipated game (though not for 2014, but for all time)!

Smash Bros., on the other hand, starts turning stale. The recent inclusion of Rosalina is a nice addition, but nothing impressive - just like the entire game. But expecting revolutions from a competitive action platformer (not calling it a fighter, that's not fitting) to revolutionize in these times is asking for more than possible.

To be honest, the lack of Metroid (without Sakamoto of course!), F-Zero, StarFox, and any good fighters (Skullgirls, Guilty Gear, I'm not too picky there - just not KoF or Tekken) concern me. From what I've heard, the WiiU is already successful enough to justify some really good japanese games to release on it - so where's the stuff, eh?

@JimLad Whoa, whoa! No jumps here! Bayonetta and Xenoblade (and most likely X as well) are anything but button mashers - Xenoblade is a menu based real-time freerun RPG, and Bayonetta is the ultimate punishment for button-mashers with fast and agressive enemies.

JimLad

JimLad said:

@Kaze_Memaryu
Hack and slash, brawlers, whatever you wanna call it. I consider Bayonetta in the same group as Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden. Can't stand that repetitive combo crap.
I'm not calling X a button masher though.

Purple

Purple said:

I'm a little disappointed that we don't know of more games releasing 2014 or have a solid release date other than Donkey Kong. I'm most anticipating PROJECT CARS ... and MonolithSoft X. also YOSHI... Smash Bros looks better than Brawl but.... not much different?... i mean it's the same game essentially.. Mario Kart 8 looks beautiful. The new tracks look great and i'm excited to play it. DK doesn't look much different and i'm a little burned out on side scrollers though they are some of my favs.. i won't be getting it right away.

Hyrule Warriors looks like that biggest turd to ever get pushed out... i'm shocked they are really doing it... they're really putting that game out huh?...

I'd love to hear more new titles though... I don't want familiar characters in new games .. i want NEW GAMES. why is Nintendo so afraid?..

ejamer

ejamer said:

Am I the only one who has a hard time believing that X will arrive (in North America, at least) during 2014? Still my most anticipated game across any console - regardless of when it does arrive.

Purple

Purple said:

I don't see "X" releasing this year at all..... I also am pretty sure almost 100% that Super Smash Bros. Wii U will release DECEMBER 2014 for NA

OorWullie

OorWullie said:

@Kaze_Memaryu It might be multi platform but Injustice is 1 cracking fighter.Only played it on my nephews 360 but if the Wii U version is as good as that,that's your 'good fighter' there :-)

Yasume

Yasume said:

Lol, 50% of these games aren't even going to be released in 2014. Just speculation.

topperware

topperware said:

I recently came back to Nintendo after years with PS1 through PS3, and I'm glad I did. I'm loving my Wii U so far. I'm most excited for Watch Dogs, Bayonetta 2 (the first Bayonetta for PS3 was awesome), DKCR Tropical Freeze (I loved the DKC games for SNES and just finished DKCR on Wii, which I also loved) and X. Since I haven't had a Nintendo system since SNES, I've never played a Smash Bros game, but I'm looking forward to trying that as well. And yes to MK8 as well! 2014 promises to be a great year for gaming.

KillerGBH

KillerGBH said:

damn cant choose 3 or 4 :( - Mario Kart / Smash Bros / DKong and X gonna buy those on release day for sure xD - Happy New Year to all NintenFANS !

Ventilator

Ventilator said:

@LDXD: Someone told me it was the secret big 3rd party exclusive for Wii U in 2014. When THQ went broke, they didn't have a publisher anymore. This game was originally also for Wii U btw. Also there have been no news in one year about this game. It will supposedly be exclusive like Bayonetta 2, as Nintendo will use it to attract more people to Wii U.

If i can have a guess, there will be no news about the game until E3.
Nintendo will drop the bomb and tell its Wii U exclusive, which means its already cancelled for all other consoles.

Its all guessing, but Nintendo need more ground shaking 3rd party games for E3. Nintendo want violent games on their consoles, but don't wanna make them under their own brand.

Shambo

Shambo said:

X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros. But all of them are day 1 purchases for me! All retail games are already preordered since preorders were possible here.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Ventilator hmm now thinking about it makes sense why we haven't been hearing any news on the game recently I almost forgot about it

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Yasume almost everyone of those games are supposed to be released this year if they don't get delayed the only one maybe X I haven't herd anything about a release date on yet

umegames

umegames said:

Of course smash bros is my biggest

but everyone of those I'm really excited for, and with Nintendo Directs on the way plus E3, this is going to be Nintendo year for sure! honestly don't see sony or microsoft convincing me from a software standpoint to purchase either of there systems right now.

64supermario

64supermario said:

@Superstick Actually I'm excited for Bayonetta 2 and I've never even played the original xD. I hope they re-release it on the Wii U sometime, but if they don't I still probably go out of my way to find it.

Datasun_7

Datasun_7 said:

looking at the list at the end was actually pretty depressing as a recent wii u owner. Yes i have no doubt mario kart will be good, etc, but the wii u will not survive another drought, it will give an even more negative perception to gamers. i really nintendo do what they did this year and annouce some games for a wii u a couple months before launch like they did with the 3ds because else well you know what will happen

I-U

I-U said:

X easily. If it happens to not release this year, 2014 would be disappointing based on what currently has been announced for the Wii U.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

@Shambo can you elaborate please? X cant be pre ordered nor smash yet. At least I havent found any evidence that it can. I have mario kart pre ordered though. Ive also had watch dogs pre ordered since they started taking them.

Ventilator

Ventilator said:

@SahashraLA: I agree with you. Miyamoto himself said a few years ago that such violent games is needed for a console these days.

Gory games is never mature games. Gory/violent games is mostly attractive to younger people because they think its cool. They have mature rating for content, but mature people mostly don't care about these games.

Older people usually prefer funny games like Wii Sports, Tetris etc.

Super Mario 3D World is a game for all ages, while 95% of kids games is not.
Somehow Mario works for all ages, while games like Barbie and Smurfs is only for kids.
Mario Kart is for everyone.. If it was Smurfs Karting, it would be for kids only.
Mario and Disney is almost the only brands which suits the whole family, because they have that kind of "magic".

A Mario/Pikmin game is more mature than games like Ninja Gaiden.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@Subie98 Where I live I can already preorder Smash Bros, which I did for both 3ds and Wii U. Of X I'm not sure, I should check. But there's quite a bunch which only have working titles so far up for pre-order, and most are on my list.

Ventilator

Ventilator said:

@LDXD: Yes, alot points out to that Nintendo will be the publisher, but also payed them off to get it exclusive. X, Bayonetta 2 and The Devils Third will show that Nintendo have more to offer than Mario etc. as exclusives.

Also the boss of that dev showed off how could it would be to play it with Touch pad over a year ago. He swiped on screen to rip off a tail or something as a teaser. :)

And yes, i had forgot the game myself. If it was still multiplatform, there would be news several times this year to keep the hype alive.
If its Wii U exclusive now, they are probably making it from ground up natively to push the console. Thats why it takes extra time before we hear about it.

minotaurgamer

minotaurgamer said:

@YChung And that's why they are not a priority. hardcore games means niche sales. There's a reason why Nintendo stopped making Fzero and Star fox. Nobody buy those games anymore. Sad but true.

Metroid has always been a niche series with healthy sales and aceptation but after Sakamotos' disastrous offering, i doubt we'll see a metroid game in a long time.

Hardcore gamers are blind, selfish and destructive. If it's an audience nintendo should stop listening are the hardcore and their "casual" fallacies. They have to make games that expand gaming and teh audience...something neither Bayonetta, Fire emblem, shin megami tensei, star fox and f zero wont ever do.

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

As much as I would like to play Smash, I'm more interested in X, simply because of how fantastic Xenoblade was. It seriously was my favorite RPG of all time, and that's saying a lot considering I've been playing RPGs since the 80s. A cannot wait to sink 100s of hours into that epic and juicy piece of gaming goodness.

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

"Bayonetta 2
5%"

...Oh no...
-Sigh- The only reason I didn't vote for Bayonetta 2 is because I'm just a little more excited about X...so...I really hope it's that way for the other people. JUST 5%? Really?

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

@minotaurgamer
Star Fox...niché? F-Zero niche?
REALLY?!
STAR FOX AND F-ZERO?!

NICHE?!
STAR FOX AND FREAKIN' F-ZERO?!
You're mental.

Hell, you're mental times 2. Are you really saying Nintendo should stop caring about hardcore gamers? That's their only hope right now: Cater to them. As in, the REAL hardcore gamers (because according to some 2012 interviews, Nintendo's main goal for Wii U was to cater to hardcore gamers...yeah, it shows).
Star Fox, Metroid, F-Zero, Bayonetta, X and Zelda are perfect ways to cater to them...if marketed properly. But nooo, Reggie and Iwata insist on marketing only Mario, Zelda and Kirby.

Pod

Pod said:

Had to go with Donkey Kong.

DKC Returns was my favorite game on the Wii right after Mario Galaxy, and I'm stoked with how the new game is looking.

X I'm excited for at well, but the game still looks very grey in all the videos, so I'm really hoping they'll pump some color in there an get it a little closer to the breathtaking beauty of Xenoblade.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@minotaurgamer wtf? OK Nintendo claims they want to recapture the hardcore gamers not cater to the likes of candy crush and Angy birds and if you think that f-zero, metroid and starfox are a niche market then so is Zelda and every other 1st party Nintendo franchise
If you're on meds you need to switch to something else or stop taking them if you aren't on anything you should start

biomadd

biomadd said:

@minotaurgamer Are you KIDDING me? Do you have ANY idea what hardcore gaming is? Not all that COD Battlefield Xbox crap. Hardcore is a breed of experienced gamers who like to play online. You can't segregate them.

dumedum

dumedum said:

X Bayonetta 2 and watch dogs for me. Of course I'll also buy the Nintendo ones.

CharlieLoneWolf

CharlieLoneWolf said:

@DerpSandwich @DerpSandwich There's an online mode too bro. One of the reasons I don't love Melee as much as other people is because I never had anyone to play it with. I'm excited for Smash Bros. U cause I'll always have someone to play with due to it being online.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

@dumedum almost the same top 3. 1. X 2. Bayonetta 2 3. MK8. I 'm the weird Nintendo fan that doesn't play SSB games. Not cause it's a bad game, but I don't enjoy playing with other people, and that game is really best enjoyed multiplayer from what I understand. I will probably get everything on the list except SSB and Scram Kitty, looks like a good year ahead.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

@CharlieLoneWolf I'm not usually good enough to play anything online. I'm a pretty casual gamer, haha. If I compete I want it to be with people in the room, but that's about it.

PS4andWiiUFan

PS4andWiiUFan said:

I can't wait 2014 is gonna be a great year for Wii U. I'm mostly looking forward to Super Smash Brothers,Mario Kart 8,and Bayonetta 2.

JarredBuzzo

JarredBuzzo said:

I voted for Watch_Dogs, but only because I couldn't decide, the games look great. I do find it weird no Indie games were included on this list; especially since games like Super Ubie whatever they're calling it, Pier Solar HD, Shovel Knight, and 90s arcade racer seem cool, that's a travesty!

XavandSo

XavandSo said:

My top three are:

• Watch Dogs. It looks amazing and even though GamePad features won't be used, I still crave for an open-world GTA clone on Wii U.
  • Project CARS. Having been blown away by Gran Turismo 6 on 7 year old hardware (I was underwhelmed with Forza 5, considering the Xbone is "next gen"), I would love to see the Wii U give Polyphony a run for it's money.
  • Monolith Soft's X. I have no words to describe the hype.
Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Wow, not much love for Bayonetta 2 among our Nintendo Life readers, or not as much as other upcoming titles, anyway.

DuggyFresh

DuggyFresh said:

I'm actually more excited about Yarn Yoshi than anything else. I know I'll love Mario Kart and Smash, but Yarn Yoshi looks different and surprisingly refreshing.

jayclayx

jayclayx said:

honestly I didn't like donkey kong country returns from retrostudio, rare did an amazing job make the game fun, amazing music and memorable enemies, something I still can't find in returns, many people are saying graphics looks gorgeous but again to me is not the case, the game looks same like the original wii but in HD which is not good enough to get it, Ill wait some metroid stuff from this studio instead, about smash bros yeah is cool and all that stuff but you people should support more third party games, I am pretty sure bayonetta, watch dogs and project cars will be amazing, if you people still don't support those games maybe 2014 will be the last year we can see any support from these companies.

element187

element187 said:

Wow, smash is more anticipated than X? Madness... As fun as Smash is, X is just going to be epic... I predict it will win Best RPG of 2014.

CharlieLoneWolf

CharlieLoneWolf said:

@DerpSandwich I see what you mean. Playing online is a different experience than playing with friends in the same room. Personally, I prefer local multiplayer, but having an online option is awesome since friends aren't always available to play locally. Thankfully, there's plenty of awesome games coming out this year for Wii U, so you'll have at least a few amazing titles to play instead of Smash Bros.

element187

element187 said:

@YChung Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox sold pitiful in their last console outings. If the fans really wanted them they should have bought the last ones that came out. Metroid is the only one that might come out by 2015/2016.... Starfox and Fzero sold less than 250,000 in their last console outing. Sales like that wouldn't even break even on the development costs in today's standards. Not a chance they will move millions of systems.

The fans of these series spoke with their wallets. I bought these, but it wasn't enough to convince Ninty to fund another one.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

@CharlieLoneWolf Like I said, I'm unfortunately not too interested in much else. Lots of games that look sort of fun, but not fun enough to spend $50 or $60 on. Donkey Kong is probably the closest thing to a game I want, but I'd rather wait for the price to go down.

It's probably a good thing though. My backlog is staggering. Still so many 3DS games to buy, and even more that I've already bought and neglected to play! 2013 was a preposterously awesome year for the handheld.

juanjo_dpr9

juanjo_dpr9 said:

Until we have the unknown Zelda Wii U all these titles are good but bot enough. Maybe Bayonetta 2 because the sequel was a beast in Xbox 360 and PS3 and X which comes from Xenoblades' creators are the best choices but I'm still waiting for something big. If Nintendo is unable to change and bet for something that goes for different ways I don't see a clear future for them. I think it's about time we see a Zelda in a huge world like Skyrim with tons of missions.

Vriess

Vriess said:

I'll be getting DKC: Tropic Freeze and Mario Kart 8 but to be honest... I'm not all that excited about the big titles planned for this year...
I'm waiting for Zelda Wii U, a new Metroid and hopefully a new Wave Race of some sort.
There are several small indie/Kickstarter games on my radar though. Shovel Knight, Hyper Light Drifter, Dex and Paradise Lost: First Contact.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I'm surprised Watch Dogs is as low as it is... then again, up against Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros it's not too surprising. Still, I'm sorry to say Watch Dogs got my vote! Nintendo won't be missing out though since I'll still buy the others (as well as DKC:TF) and I'll be buying Watch Dogs on the WiiU!

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

Bayonetta 2, X and Mario Kart 8.

Fast Racing Neo is also interesting if pricing is done correctly and the game is as quality as Shinen's games usually are.

Watch Dogs and Project CARS are more towards to PC usage in my lists.

Morph

Morph said:

As good as those games listed are, and i will certainly be getting mk8, smash, bayonetta and X and probably the hyrule game and maybe watch dogs, i dont know wether to be concerned at the lack of 3rd party games. Nintendo games will always arrive fairly regularly, about every other month, but at the moment past the games listed above there doesnt appear to be an awful lot else. However it is only january so theres plenty of time plus i think this year will be a big one for eshop games

Nomad

Nomad said:

I was going to vote Hyrule Warriors but then realised Smash Bros was on the list and couldn't vote for both. I'll take the first six games on the list but I really hope Nintendo and third parties have more great games in the works for 2014. Is anyone else hyped for Hyrule Warriors, I think it looks very cool.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

I didn't go for the obvious choice like everyone else, I'm looking forward to Fast. We all know smash and kart 8 are gonna be good. I'll be that 1% of people that buy fast then lol

Edit: curious I clicked on fast and my 1% has not shown up :/

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

@LavaTwilight don't be surprised about watchdogs being low on the list, it's not made by nintendo and generally nintendo fans don't look past anything that isn't made my nintendo hence the third party support is drying up. Sure I'll get some flack but it's true. I'm a nintendo fan but there are other company's that release games on the console and they are good. Guarantee watchdogs on Wii U doesn't sell as well as the other consoles. The fanboys will whinge that the console isn't getting games well then maybe they should start buying the games they have available. Look how many people third party games have slipped Wii U now. The Wii had a reason it was underpowered there's no excuse now, the Wii U can produce great looking games. It's down to the people to buy the games.....

Nomad

Nomad said:

@PinkSpider I won't be buying Watchdogs on Wii U and it's not because it's not a 1st party Nintendo game. I'm not buying it because in generall I prefer fantasy or Sci Fi games and not games set in the real world. There's plenty of third party games I'd buy on Wii U if they were released like The Witcher, Diablo, Dragon Age etc.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

I bet if watchdogs was made by nintendo it would sell so much more because of that. I don't think I'm wrong with that statement

AJ_Lethal

AJ_Lethal said:

PROJECT CARS! PROJECT CARS! PROJECT CARS! PROJECT CARS! PROJECT CARS! PROJECT CARS! PROJECT CARS! PROJECT CARS! PROJECT CARS!

cookiex

cookiex said:

Will buy:
Smash Bros. [top priority]
X
Watch_Dogs (hell I already paid for it when it was supposed to come out last year)
Donkey Kong
MK8
Bayonetta 2

Put the rest in the 'maybe' category.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

@Seandaddy yeah it does seem odd that' it hasn't been seen for a while

@cookiex yeah I preordered watch dogs and lost the receipt hope they take the £10 off the price when I finally buy it

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

X has me feeling like a kid at Christmas again with excitement. The wife is all about Mario Kart 8. And we'll get Smash Bros just because its SB.

Really hoping we start getting some serious VC love from more recent consoles like N64, Cube, and Dreamcast in 2014. More VC RPGs would be nice too.

electrolite77

electrolite77 said:

X looks great from what little we've seen of it

Mario Kart is a surefire win

Watch Dogs looks very promising, as does Bayonetta 2

Smash Bros I don't care about, likewise Zelda Warriors

The two platformers will hopefully be good though I wouldn't say I'm that excited about them

Where's SMT V FE?

Hopefully Nintendo have more up their sleeve and more information about the games we know about-and release dates-would be good

electrolite77

electrolite77 said:

@PinkSpider

Well said. Third-parties have made dome of the best games on the Wii U-NFS:MW, Sonic Racing, Deus Ex:HR, Assassins Creed IV, Rayman Legends, Mass Effect 3, ZombiU, and I'm currently really enjoying Batman Origins.

Unfortunately they don't sell.

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

So far, no WiiU games have been interesting enough for me to buy the system. And none of the upcoming games intrigue me... except Tropical Freeze. I just might buy a WiiU for that game. If it is at least as good as Returns but removes the waggle to roll [and maybe remove blowing?] then it will be platforming perfection.

Alucard83

Alucard83 said:

Still TOO FEW games for 2014! They need a new good hardcore RPG! And not a stupid adventure game with a few RPG settings!

Snes_is_king

Snes_is_king said:

these are all on my list to get. so many good games coming up. my wallet is going to take a beating

Midayle

Midayle said:

There are a few other games that could come out for the Wii U in 2014 if not 2015. They are:
-Fire Emblem x Tenshi Megumi
-Zelda Wii U
-Yarn Yoshi
-3rd Sonic Wii U game (Nintendo and Sega made an agreement for 3 exclusive sonic titles to come to the Wii U. The first two being lost world and Olympics, let hope the best is for last)
-Masamichi Abe's new Nintendo IP (Director of the original Pikmin is working on something new. Probably 2015 at the earliest, but we can still hope)

Lets not forget Super Mario 3D world was announced during a Nintendo Direct during E3 2013 and was released later that year. Nintendo probably has a few announcement for game coming out in 2014.

Rafie

Rafie said:

For some reason, I don't see Smash releasing this year. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but there's a lot of huge titles coming this year. I can't see MK8 being overshadowed by Smash in the same year. I know this isn't the first time Nintendo released those 2 particular games fairly close. I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong.

Outside of that....MK8 most certainly! Bayonetta 2 and Smash are all day one purchases for me. I don't count DK because we're a month away from release and it's already paid for. I'll be supporting Nintendo big time! Can't wait for those E3 announcements.

Ronoh

Ronoh said:

I highly doubt Zelda WiiU is coming out in 2014 so my next pick is Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei followed by Mario Kart 8.

OGGamer

OGGamer said:

@Rafie I agree with you as a matter of fact this is my speculative time line.
mario kart 8 - may
super smash bros - MAYBE november but likely 2015
Bayonetta 2 - july/august
X - pushed to 2015 , not enough info to say otherwise
Watch dogs - november
project cars - september
fast racing neo - april
scram kitty etc - february

Luna-Harmony

Luna-Harmony said:

Donkey kong is £32 pre-order on amazon uk at the moment you just know in 4weeks it will be £40.

Smash bros
Bayonetta 2
X
Mario kart 8
& fingers crossed for n64 remakes and gamecube on shop.

CharlieLoneWolf

CharlieLoneWolf said:

@DerpSandwich 2013 was undoubtably the 3DS's year. The amount of quality releases is a bit overwhelming, although it's hard to complain. I feel like Nintendo have something similar planned for the Wii U. There are still many unnanounced Wii U games. But for now, I think everyone can keep themselves very busy with their 3DS.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

@PinkSpider I agree. And if Splinter Cell Blacklist had Yoshi in it, AC4 had Link in it, Batman Arkam Origins had Fox McCloud in it........sells would have been much better. -.-

NewUser

NewUser said:

Why did i have to choose between Smash Bros. and Monolith's X? Tough life, o tough life.

ningeek185

ningeek185 said:

WHAT??! Hyrule Warriors only has 3%? Even though I voted for the next Smash, that's quite surprising...

turnmebackwards

turnmebackwards said:

Most looking forward to -

1st - Hyrule Warriors
Love this style of game so mixing it with Zelda I can't wait.

2nd - Mario Kart 8
Got a 3DS XL for Christmas with Mario Kart 7 if it's as good as 7 we are in for a treat.

3rd - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Only a month to go already got it on Pre-order with ShopTo for £31.85 I'm sure it will be a classic platform game.

4th - Monolith Soft's X
I feel the Wii U is lacking a solid RPG game as not a fan of Monster Hunter I'm hoping this will be a game I can get into.

5th - Watch_Dogs
Mixed feelings about this game unsure if it will live up to hype but hopefully it does.

6th - Project CARS
Hoping for a true driving sim from this game.

7th - Bayonetta 2
Will only interest me if they release Bayonetta 1 on Wii U for a realistic price if not I'll give it a miss.

8th - Super Smash Bros.
I might stand alone in this but I'm not a fan of Smash Bros never have been.

Would like to see a new Starfox game the most & F-Zero but think it would be best to do a F-Zero game for 2015 as Mario Kart will be all I need in 2014 racing wise maybe Project Cars if turns out to be good.

faustcoolio

faustcoolio said:

I wonder if they could do variation of Unreal Tournament for Wii u. So many hours spent playing original UT. Are there any games on Wii u done on unreal engine?

theBluntKnight

theBluntKnight said:

I'm surprised there isn't more luv for Bayonetta 2. It does look very promising, I haven't played the first one but I would consider getting it simply because it offers something a little different on WiiU. As always I will wait for the reviews and never pre-order. If game developers want my hard earned cash they will have to make good on their promises.

Wodkalime14

Wodkalime14 said:

Watch_dogs and Mario Kart from this list but even more excited for Yarn Yoshi and the new Zelda U.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

@SahashraLA So you want more Last of Us style games? Retro Studios hired people from Naughty Dog and Vigil among other places, so perhaps they aren't working on Metroid, but something else (alongside DKC).

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

We can't forget the 3rd Sonic game from that exclusivity deal. I'm looking forward to Smash, Mario Kart, X, and Bayonetta 2 the most. I'm sure there will be more games announced soon.

DuggyFresh

DuggyFresh said:

@sketchturner What exactly are you waiting for to buy the system? Super Mario 3d World is amazing, as well as Lego City, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, Sonic All-Stars Racing, Mass Effect 3, Disney Infinity (Guilty Pleasure), Super Mario Bros. U, Toki Tori 2, Trine 2, Nano Assault Neo, Bit.Trip Runner 2. I'm just constantly confused why people don't think there are great games for the system, or are waiting for something specific. Don't take my reply the wrong way, I am genuinely interested to know what you're waiting for.

jrob23

jrob23 said:

@sketchturner if this is true. You can't possibly be a Nintendo fan. Maybe a fan of Zelda, or Metroid by themselves, but not Nintendo...because there are so many good 1st party games out and announced for 2014.

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

I am definitely a life-long, hard-coreNintendo fan, but I should certainly clarify my comment. There have been several great games to come out on WiiU--Mario U, Luigi U, Rayman Legends, NintendoLand, Arkham City, Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD. And plenty of exciting games are announced--X, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros U.
The problem is that I have been gaming for a really long time and have a good-sized library of amazing games. As time goes on, my job, wife, and 4 kids result in me caring far less about really good games and focusing my attention on the really great ones.
I've played 3D World and it's undoubtedly a good game, but for me personally, it just isn't a must-have. I'd rather spend my time replaying one of my all-time favorite games like Super Metroid, F-Zero GX, or Shadow of the Colossus than spend that time on a new but [IMHO] less amazing experience.
I have admittedly gotten to a place in life where I don't think my opinion should apply to the masses. Once my choice in games stopped being determined by budget, it began being determined by what my time is worth. I've just been gaming long enough to become a bit of a snob who is primarily interested in what I personally consider AAA games.
I wish great enjoyment upon all WiiU gamers. But as for me, there's not much these days that can turn my head, and I'm still happily playing games from the NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, PS2, etc.

Cyberbotv2

Cyberbotv2 said:

I have had zero interest in the SSB and Mario Kart series since the GameCube days. I voted for Bayonetta 2. I never even played the first one, but fully expect an e shop release. I'm also digging Donkey Kong. That game looks very intriguing. Reggie said there would be no drought this year. I'm assuming they have their year lined up with properly timed releases. And I know something is up with Capcom and Resident Evil. A re worked RE 6, and maybe a new entry or RE2 remake.

mamp

mamp said:

Bayonetta 2 and Smash I WANT THEM!!!
X looks intriguing and MK 8 = meh but I'll take it.

erv

erv said:

Smash, kart, donkey kong, x, and whatever surprise awaits. Another great gaming year ahead:)

electrolite77

electrolite77 said:

@sketchturner

I've no intention of jumping down your throat or accusing you of (sigh) not being a Nintendo fan but it sounds to me like there's a lot of nostalgia playing a part in your thinking. You haven't got the time to learn new games because you're busy so it's easier to just replay old ones. I did a similar thing when I had a hefty training schedule at work, playing new games went out the window because I couldn't commit to them.

kastark

kastark said:

Big N will have 3 or 4 games in hand for E3
Wii Sport Resort 2
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Mansion 3
plus surprises
Nintendo should buy Sega

companyoflosers

companyoflosers said:

Zelda U should be on this list. i know its not oficially confirmed as a 2014 release but cmon, it HAS been in development, there hav even been comments on the scope of the game by those working on it.

Ninja2014

Ninja2014 said:

There are few games i will be buying for wiiu.
Here they are:
1)Bayonetta 2-This game will be totally awesome
2)Super smash bros-Already looks like best fighter
3)Mario kart 8-Can't go wrong with Nintendo racing game
4)X-Looks amazing and gameplay looks promising
5)Donkey kong tropical freeze-This is going to be outstanding platformer

Marioblkops

Marioblkops said:

I'm very excited about the new MK8, DKC, and Project Cars. Also new Super Smash Bros. However, I am a gamer of many types. I love the exclusives to Nintendo. Although I will get some of these games, I still need my COD. I love sports as well. Don't care for EA Sports too much but would still purchase Madden, TW Golf, and a Nascar game for the love of the sport that I have. I REALLY hope Nintendo picks up some 3rd party support. I want to play Mario Bros, COD, and Football on the sAme system. I don't want to have to break down and buy a PS4 just to play 2 games.

mreagleboy

mreagleboy said:

I must definitely say the new Super Smash Bros for Wii U (and maybe the 3DS version), Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and maybe Monolith Soft's X. Maybe also the "Hyrule Warriors" game. The year of 2014 will be i a very god year for Wii U owners. I am so exited =D