Hyrule Warriors Screenshots and Gameplay Details Emerge

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Team Ninja character design strikes, it seems

It seems Hyrule Warriors is quite the hot topic right now, with news of its Japanese release date and Team Ninja involvement just recently bombarding our screens. As it's coming relatively soon in Nintendo and Tecmo Koei's homeland — 14th August — there's a little hype starting to build.

More details have now emerged via Famitsu — helpfully translated by Siliconera — and reveal a little more about the actual gameplay and design; there are certainly some positive details.

One notable feature is that local multiplayer will be supported, with one player using the TV and another focused on the GamePad's screen. There'll be multiple playable characters, with Impa now confirmed as the leader of the Elite Guard — she utilises a long sword. Different weapons will give a different feel to combat, such as quicker strokes with a one-handed sword, heavier impact with larger weapons and upgrades available for both weapons and characters. In addition some classic Legend of Zelda moves will make the cut, such as Link's Spin Attack, bombs, and Z-targeting for dodging and targeting weak spots.

Considering its relatively close release, it's a little surprising that development progress is given as 70%, but the developers have extensive experience in producing these Warriors-style titles.

A series of screenshots, above and below, also show more of the game in action and some character designs. Link sports some dashing attire, while what we believe is the witch Shea — a villain — sports a figure that we're going to tentatively blame on the involvement of Team Ninja producers.

Some of these details and screens certainly seem positive, but let us know what you think.

[via famitsu.com, siliconera.com]

brewsky

brewsky said:

Local multiplayer with one person on the TV and the other on the Gamepad!

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

I can't wait to see Young Link suddenly appear and break down in tears when Ganondorf shows up.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

@PrincessEevee9 I was riffing off the scene in the Team Ninja-developed Metroid: Other M, where when Ridley appears, Samus promptly morphs into a little girl and starts crying.

GloverMist

GloverMist said:

Argh, I REALLY need a Wii U! Now. This, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. 4 in relatively short succession? Too much awesome!

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@Raylax Yeah, Link is such a cool character, he would be so much better with PTSD! (Sakamoto logic).
Oh wait, He's not a girl. I forgot game devs were sexist.

Hy8ogen

Hy8ogen said:

@memoryman3 Seems like you were not trolling afterall! Hyrule warrior is looking greater with every update!! I'm going from meh, to wow to be honest. Looking forward to more details in E3.

Emblem

Emblem said:

Link looks so beautiful they could so make this link female, that would be a nice change.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

This game has looked a lot better since December. Of course, I'll have to watch new gameplay before I can seriously consider getting this game.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

I see Team Ninja are making themselves comfortable and leaving there mark on the game.

Hy8ogen

Hy8ogen said:

@jos They better not or I will be furious. Nintendo needs to realised North Americans are not 5 year olds. We have GTA V here, a little skin censorship is not going to make things any better.

marko

marko said:

This looks like a descent game to pass the time i hope it gets possitive reviews...
I am just hoping for Zelda U in 2015 I expect we will get that holiday 2015 if we are lucky... I just hope the art style is more ocarina of time less windwakerish

Hy8ogen

Hy8ogen said:

@jos Yeah. They put a blanket over Tharja's buttocks. It was suppose to conceal her bikini bottom, but instead they made it more lewd....not even kidding.

KodyDawg

KodyDawg said:

Epic! My brother and I, ever since we played OoT, had dreamed of one day playing a 3D Zelda together at the same time, and it looks like our dream is about to finally come true!

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

@C-Olimar That's a VERY generalized statement. Just because you're a dev doesn't automatically make you sexist. That's an unfair statement for the rest of the devs.

Mikeopferman

Mikeopferman said:

That pic of the girl at the end just removed this game from "family friendly" guess my kids won't be playing it with me! Thankfully, it isn't the new Zelda game, or my kids would riot to play. Ah, the joys of fatherhood.

randomlypikachu

randomlypikachu said:

oooooh i thought i was gona be able to wait a while before getting this but darn i need it as soon as possible >_<

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

So: Nintendo giving the license, Team Ninja doing the character design and Omega Force making the game ?
What a lovely mix of NinTecKoei :D
As an addict of everything barring the name "Warriors" comming from Koei, im in for it day 1 for sure.

Frapp

Frapp said:

Team Ninja is always going to mean nice norks, but I'm not a fan of that very effeminate Link. Looks like someone's been putting something in the Hylian water.

Ryno

Ryno said:

It's like a bunch of boys discovering their dad's adult mag's for the first time in here!

erv

erv said:

@Mikeopferman lol, you hack your way through flesh by the thousands but boobs are considered less family friendly?

As for me, more naked = more potential buy. I gotta admit, though, transgender link as depicted here isn't part of that dynamic...

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I'm not even into those round thingies but they looks marvelous. I get why straight guys like 'em.

But will they jiggle when shaking your GamePad...like in DoA and Ninja Gaiden? Fascinating.

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

I'd rather they go full Team Ninja than hold back. The less this feels like a Zelda game, the better for me. I want Team Ninja Zelda!

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

@WiiULoveGBA Neither am I, but because it's Zelda and Warriors I will most likely get it. However, if it's the usual team Ninja boob-jiggling affair, then unfortunately I'll have to miss out :(

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

@KodyDawg Sakurai LOVES his Zero Suit Samus... she is constantly being pushed in the wrong direction, it seriously might not be long...

The_Ninja

The_Ninja said:

@marko I'm hoping for the excact opposite... I loved how WW looked, I liked oot too but SS/WW were better in art style IMO

SuperiorYoshi87

SuperiorYoshi87 said:

Seems intetesting, for anyone saying the massive cleavage is to revealing for a Zelda game, need I remind everyone of the great fairys from OoT yea the 64s graphics didn't convey it well but they were essientially naked with Ivy just covering their lady parts. Can't forget when Twin Rova fuses either. If OoT was done in HD and ehanced visuals it would be considered a bit risqué in terms of Zelda. So while the super cleave does bother me a bit it's not to out of place in the series.

marko

marko said:

@NintendoMonkey
I actually didn't mind the art style in WW but i didn't like the character models at all... the rest of the world and graphics especially in HD looked great.
I just want an Adult looking Link the WII U DEMO looked awesome I would buy that for sure immediately.

WebHead

WebHead said:

Zelda game with boobies? 10/10 XD

Anyway I may pre order this. I hope NA gets it before October.

Bigtime

Bigtime said:

Looks great. First time Ive seen something to do with Zelda that sexualised though.

Dragoon04

Dragoon04 said:

Link looks bad donkey. This game looks like a lot of fun. I really enjoyed playing Dynasty warriors on my friend's PS3.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

@WiiULoveGBA
I'm with you. Hopefully Nintendo can get it under control before it hits the US. It's unfortunate that it's 2014 and we're still depicting women in games with the focus being on exciting a 17-year-old adolescent boy. I'm disappointed :(.
If I wanted that kind of juvenile gaming I'd have an Xbox.

KingofSaiyans

KingofSaiyans said:

Hopefully there won't be any censorship in the American version. Seeing a little bit of jigging in Zelda will be interesting. Aside from that, I am really looking forward to this game.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I see Team Ninja is working on new material for possibly a new Beach Volleyball game.

gamerphil07

gamerphil07 said:

EDIT: i just read more closely and it seems this game is going to be fantastic. LOL
I just want some good replay value and multiplayer. Otherwise I'll have to wait out and see. I heard the warriors games are easy and boring. Can't judge from what I've heard, but I still want to hold out a bit.

Remisio

Remisio said:

@C-Olimar you know, that's just what happens when a character's creator attempts to develop his character better and get a message across that he couldn't originally due to the limits of past tech. Also the transition from Japan to the west. But yeah that's a valid enough reason to hate on the guy who wrote Super Metroid, Merroid Fusion and others, one mistake. (I suppose two because he also Worked on Tomodachi Life and not allowing homosexual relationships is clearly another reason to hate him, rather than look at Japan's lack of openness as a whole.) reason enough to declare that metroid is better off away from its creator and with Retro Studios instead.

memoryman3

memoryman3 said:

@Hy8ogen Someone tell him.....

Gullible gamer: Have you seen the screens for Dynasty Warriors on the PS4? Those graphics are incredible, Dynasty Warriors 8 XLCE is going to be the greatest game ever!
Super sleuth: Mate, the Dynasty Warriors screens from were complete bullshots. Just like any other Tecmo Koei game. It doesn't look any where near as good as that.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I don't understand the hate for the series (and sometimes genre). I find tailing missions, fetch quests and most AAA game design to be far more shallow than 'button mashers'.

rjejr

rjejr said:

"One notable feature is that local multiplayer will be supported, with one player using the TV and another focused on the GamePad's screen"

Well that makes the game a must buy.

So is Nintedo the only developer NOT using that feature?

One potential downside - if the next proper Zelda game goes w/ the cel shaded cartoon look it will be really disappointing after this.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

@rjejr Yeah that's the feature I want most and Nintendo have missed it out of every single proper game despite it being a perfect fit for most of them.

pukka-pie

pukka-pie said:

"One notable feature is that local multiplayer will be supported, with one player using the TV and another focused on the GamePad's screen." Thank the gods! Why in the name of all that is holy have more developers not done this?

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

@memoryman3 Red Steel still looks better than most Wii games that came after it even after the downgrade. :)

I am surprised nobody talks about the downgrade 'X' looked like it had taken between the mech suit trailer and the more recent gameplay trailer! Not as surprising as IGN's refusal to mention the game.

Warbeard

Warbeard said:

Wow, Link looks sick, and local split multiplayer? :D This could be what we've been waiting for!

Clandon

Clandon said:

What's everyone's problem with Shia?

Need I remind you all of Twinrova in Ocarina of Time? How about Impa's cleavage in the Oracle of- games? Too much belly on the gerudo ladies! Oh no! The Great Fairies are nake--yyyeaah I've made my point.

Cleavage isn't new in The Legend of Zelda people. Get over yourselves.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

I'm getting more interested in this game by the minute. I've never played a Warriors game before, which makes me quite intrigued.

Those screenshots look a lot more polished than what we've seen so far, too.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Oh yeah! This is looking sweet! Never really could get into the warrior series a great deal, but this looks like it will be a nice combination of the 2 series. Add in the fact that it has local multiplayer with the gamepad with multiple characters from the Zelda series new and old, and this has the makings of being awesome.

Can't wait for more at E3. :D

Pod

Pod said:

I like those new characters, but the Skyward Sword moblins still look very out of place in a setting like that.

Stomatopod17

Stomatopod17 said:

I'm really behind on this but.. is this like a regular zelda game? With dungeons, quest, and such or don't we know yet?

Looks like a remake of dynasty warriors..

Spuratis

Spuratis said:

@Stomatopod17 It's made by the same people who made Dynasty Warriors, so that's why it looks like that. There isn't much information on dungeons or puzzles or anything of that sort. I imagine it's just a lot of hack n slash with Zelda elements thrown in. I imagine you will enter dungeons, but it won't be like a typical Zelda game. Just big battles and boss fights within there.

Of course, I am talking out of my rear so don't take anything I'm saying to be fact. It's just what I'm getting from the game so far. It still looks pretty good IMO and it might be refreshing to play a new take on the Zelda franchise.

yuwarite

yuwarite said:

It looks like they put a woman's head on Link's body. The game looks interesting; I really enjoyed Sengoku Basara on the Wii, so I think I might enjoy this style of game.

Cyberbotv2

Cyberbotv2 said:

I'm all over this. I want a Zelda game where I could mow down enemies. Just give me a western release date, and I'll be buying digitally!

Cia

Cia said:

@Angelic_Lapras_King
It's not the first time. Just think about the Great Fairy in Ocarina of Time. That one went even more overboard, despite the graphical limitations of the time.

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

Metroid fans telling all the Zelda fans to beware. They might shoehorn an overly emotional personality into your beloved Link.

CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths said:

Seriously though, in that main image up there, Link looks like he could be Other M Samus's brother.

Untitled

Untitled

Maybe it's just me?

KodyDawg

KodyDawg said:

@PvtOttobot Just imagine the look on everyone's face if Sakurai revealed that Team Ninja was working on the game, and then confirms all the barely-dressed women who have ever appeared in a Team Ninja game. All the young males (me probably included) would be drooling. Everyone else, not so much...

Spanjard

Spanjard said:

@CaviarMeths To me... it's just you:P

Link seems to look more eastern like, especially with that nose. His eyes are also quite different. I am not getting the brother sister vibe.

MajinSoul

MajinSoul said:

Looks really promising and Link is gorgeous looking. I can't wait to see more of this game
Edit: Lokal multiplayer sounds interesting as well - especially with the gamepad being used

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Not sure if anyone already stated but that masked lady with the cleavage is in fact the main antagonist, the witch that kidnapped princess Zelda. I really like what I see (not just the witch's boobies) and I want this more by the day.

mostro328

mostro328 said:

People complaining about the boobs ate the same ones who say nintendo is to kids focused

Nintendo just can't get it right can they

I-U

I-U said:

Hyrule Warriors is the first Zelda game I've been excited for. Every other Zelda game I have I just kind of picked up just due to the expectations and hype surrounding the games. Here, I actually want the game. I'm a fan of Team Ninja's design choices and I like that they don't shy away from sexualization. Looking forward to this title more so than whatever they reveal as the actual "Zelda U."

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

Looks amazing and really guys boobs are freaking you guys out there were plenty of cleavage in the zelda franchise. For example minda true form.

MASAHIROSAKURI

MASAHIROSAKURI said:

I personally think that Link needs more fashion accessories as well as some more L'OREAL hair conditioning. This is unbelievable and disgraceful

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Surprised Nintendo's ok with that character design after being paranoid in FE:A. She looks awesome though. Like seriously, stop staring at her breasts and realize how awesome her mask is.
Very excited for this game, looks fun.

gamerphil07

gamerphil07 said:

@Dragoon04 You've played Warriors? There are 3 things I need to know, if you don't mind. Replayability, Difficulty and overall fun, are things I look for in a game. Is there a difficulty setting? (I like games that are really tough) And are there any modes/features that make it fun to come back to? Again, I appreciate your help in advance.

Janfeae

Janfeae said:

Got Dangit Nintendo! Save it for E3!!

This, the new poekmon reveals, etc. would have had much more impact if they were revealed at E3 in the next 3 weeks. Even if they have a serious trove of things to show, I would much rather receive all at once in one amazing week.

The same goes for other gaming companies. With it only being about 3 weeks away, I wish they'd be patient and stop revealing things. Smash Bros I understand. This way you have more time to talk about other things. But these little tidbits (remember that 30 sec Pokemone "trailer") would be much better if they would just hold off for a little longer.

Kaoru_La_Kaoru

Kaoru_La_Kaoru said:

What's with all the complaints about cleavage in a zelda game?
For one thing, this isn't a zelda game-it's a spin off Dynasty Warriors crossover. I think a lot of people by now have accredited Shia's cleavage to Team Ninja's usual character designs.
For another thing: Veran, Telma, Impa (Oracles games), The Great Fairy (Ocarina), The Great Fairy (Twilight Princess), Midna, and lots of Gerudo are all examples of female characters in the Zelda canon who aren't exactly modest.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

I'm surprised the big N let them make the villain dressed like that in a Zelda game.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@Remisio I don't hate Sakamoto.
Story wise, Other M doesn't make sense. Sandwiched between Super Metroid and Fusion, Samus' characterisation is absurd.
Where exactly did I say Metroid was better away from its creator? I've never played Prime. I speak as someone who adores Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Not that I would ever defend the sheer sexist tsunami that is Team Ninja but Veran, the one existing female Zelda lead villain wasn't exactly modest herself. I'm willing to let the one character slide but if Nintendo let Team Ninja start slapping cleavage and mini skirts on other characters such as Impa and Zelda I WILL BE FURIOUS.
The damseling is a tired and upsetting trope of the series but Zelda has always been highly respectful of it's female audience before.
@outburst
Edit: Well thankfully Impa looks pretty freaking AWESOME!

blodermoder

blodermoder said:

I'd love to play as Impa, I hope there will be lots of playable characters.

Even better if we would have an evil-mode where you play the villains, like Ganondorf.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

nice sales tactic to reel in the NintenZoids. ;) I wouldn't be surpised if they included Pit in Bayonetta 2. :P
Zeldas new character model looks pretty cool. But i'll be passing.

Ryno

Ryno said:

@Hy8ogen: Haha... Yep!

If this comment section is anything to go by, the answer to save the Wii U is games with more cleavage.

MaverickHunterX

MaverickHunterX said:

Boobs = awesome.
It's a mathematical fact.

Anyway, I'm preordering this game as soon as I can, because there's just something so satisfying about mowing down hundreds with a single swing.

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

#1:Link looks like a girl. The hair, the face contours. The scarf. It disturbs me.
#2:Does the Zelda series really need to get racy with immodest clothing? Color me disappointed. I play Nintendo games to avoid all that "Mature" crap seen on M$ and Sony systems.

I'm glad the gameplay doesn't look my cup of tea. It will make passing on this title less difficult.

Hy8ogen

Hy8ogen said:

@sketchturner You have got to be kidding me. You play Nintendo games to avoid mature content? You're better off playing Legos. Seriously go play Lego.

BoobooMama

BoobooMama said:

So this looks like it might take place after Skyward Sword, but if that's the case, why is Impa still young?

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

@Hy8ogen Considering Nintendo almost exclusively makes family-friendly content, I don't see what's so bizarre about my sentiment. As a dad of 4 kids, I appreciate having a system full of games I can play with my kids. Sony and M$ have some great quality games, but not a lot of what I'm looking for.

Nomad

Nomad said:

Super excited for this. Looks like Team Ninjas signature on that witch.

JosieC84

JosieC84 said:

Sonysiders and Xbots: "Why release this game for a crappy console like Wii U? Nintendo should go third party.

Nintendrones' solution: "Tough luck! Get yourselves a Wii U and shut the l**e up!"

It's true! People buy the Wii U to get Nintendo exclusive games like Zelda. Then there are those damn fans from Sony and Microsoft that whine and moan about their beloved powerhouses not getting these games. I know not all people don't have enough money to buy more than one console but if they really want games that are Nintendo exclusive, they should buy a Wii U.

Profanity is not necessary here -Lz

Henmii

Henmii said:

I must say that Links design looks pretty good!

As for the Witch: Shea isn't by coincidence japanese for Veran, is it? Just wondering! As for her boobs: It may be a bit to much for a Zelda game, but as a man I can't complain!

And mutiple playable characters: Hopefully we can also play as a Goron, Zora, etc. Could be fun.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Its all in that lighting and those eyes, I swear theres just something about them. This version of link doesn't look much different from the Skyward Sword version, its just that clean, shiny look with that pose that makes Link look more feminine, the screenshot looks fine to me.

Henmii

Henmii said:

@Zombie_Barioth,

In my opinion Skyward sword Link looked more feminine. It has to do with the lips he had in that game! The most manly Link still is from Oot! That Link may still be my favorite!

ModernMARVEL

ModernMARVEL said:

Looks awesome! At first, I was iffy, but looks like the hype-train has yet another stop this year!

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

@JosieC84 You're complaining about them complaining. See the irony there? And now I suppose I'm complaining about your complaining about their complaining. Complainception!

Superiorspider

Superiorspider said:

Zelda in Skyward Sword had tits. Peach has tits. Daisy has tits. Rosalina has tits. Samus has tits. Dixie Kong has female monkey breasts. Candy Kong has tits. Hilda from LBW has tits. Krystal has fox tits. Lucina has tits. Wendy the Koopa has tits. Toadette has tits. Cackletta has tits. Princess Shroob has tits. Lady Palutena has tits. Medusa has tits. The female Pokémon trainer has tits. Heck, even Dark Samus has tits. Everybody calm down.

Remisio

Remisio said:

@Retro_on_theGo it's mainly nintendo of America that finds the need to sensor this stuff. In Japan they're fine with all the violence and sexual images, but once they bring it to America NOA finds it necessary to censor for teh children's sake... Whether it be FE:A or BD.

Remisio

Remisio said:

@gamerphil07 there are difficulty settings, there's a warriors game on wiiU, warriors orochi. There's a replay ability value in that some of the warriors games have side missions, relationships between characters, different difficulties (easy, normal, hard and chaos in W:O case, not so much SW from what I played, but still alternate missions) depending on what they decide to do it could have branching stories, extra characters like Takamaru, side quests, side missions, etc. It always depends of the gamer though, whether they'll come back to it or not. I did some missions 20 times in WO 3 Hyper on wiiu.

Remisio

Remisio said:

@C-Olimar no, I wasn't saying you said that specifically, I was just presenting a view I've noticed many have around the web, mainly because of Other M. In Japan firstly, Samus was portrayed as stoic and strict but also respectful to those with more experience and wisdom, Adam was also a surrogate father to her and his influence on her can be seen in Fusion when he (sort of) shows up. The PTSD that Samus displayed, while I admit was kind of badly conveyed, is meant to be a representation of her character's growth, Samus had killed this monster, the very one that had killed her parents, but here it was back from the dead, hunting/haunting her. In super Metroid it wasn't easy to convey feeling, so Samus appeared to be a silent strong type, however silent people are usually the most perturbed in real life and so Other M attempts to humanize this Goddess image we had developed of Samus so as to help her be more relatable, the attempt was mostly a failure, but it was there. Rather than this unimaginable character that no one can hope to be, she was now a human and showed that anyone can be strong too if they truly try. But this is just my (extensive) opinion and yours is as valid as anyone else's. I just think that if I made a character but then my fans thought I shouldn't go near said character anymore because I tried to convey something they didn't like/understand, I wouldn't be too happy myself.

Remisio

Remisio said:

@sketchturner quite a few Nintendo games actually have pretty dark and Mature themes and events. Some that come to mind right from memory are: Fire Emblem, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Zelda (sometimes), The Wars franchise, Sin and Punishment, F-Zero and now cop out mode: Geist and Eternal Darkness. There are a few more if I remember right but the names don't come to me and I probably haven't played them. But I guess themes and visuals are different things. Also technically Xenoblade Chronicles and I suppose Pandora's Tower.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

Looks pretty cool! I'm definitely much more interested in this game knowing that it will have local multiplayer! That's a big plus for me personally!

Henmii

Henmii said:

Now that I took a better look at them: Don't you guys think that Shea and her 2 minions look a bit out of place? You can see that those 3 characters specifically where created by Tecmo/Koei!

Still no word whether there will be dungeons and puzzles or not. If this hack and slasher also has some dungeons and puzzles, it could be fun! If not, I am not so sure. Either way, the new information and new screenshots (wich do look a little bit better) made me a little more excited! I'll wait and see.

JosieC84

JosieC84 said:

Never played a Dynasty Warriors game before but I will be getting this as it looks fantastic!

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

@Mikeopferman you're shielding your children from cleavage? Do you also shield their eyes when they walk outside your home?
Long story short, if you can expose them to such PG things as cleavage under your guidance, the better effect you'll have as a parent.
I really mean no offense. Just speaking as a kid who was sheltered from such things.

Action51

Action51 said:

Hee hee!

Another thread about Hyrule Warriors, new screens that look pretty good...and new memoryman3 claims of doctored screenshots and "downgrades"!

Untitled

By the way, he asks...who makes better looking games, Tecmo Koei or Ubisoft?

Honestly it depends on the game....Zombi U had nice looking environments but really crummy looking character models and zombies. Dynasty Warrior character models look amazing with really detailed costumes, but some of the environments are muddy and repetitive...I guess it depends on personal preference and what aesthetics you find more desirable.

Ubisoft makes so many games and are a much larger publisher so it's not really a fair comparison.

TheRegginator

TheRegginator said:

Considering the track record of the Warriors franchise and Team Ninja, I'm very skeptical as to whether this game will be good or not. I'm not liking the way those villains look.

Excep7ional

Excep7ional said:

Why are people having a fit about this? Weren't the three goddesses in Ocarina of Time virtually naked? Or did people complain about that too?

WarioMan

WarioMan said:

Untitled

This is all I gotta say. Especially being able to play as other characters and multiplayer...this game is gonna be perfect. :*

Tryken

Tryken said:

Please, I don't need this website to be KotakuLife. I don't mind a jab here and there at the sort of "interesting" character design they chose for the villainous looking woman, but considering your recent editorials, I think it'd be better to lay off the social commentary--even in jest for a while.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

Omega will animate the characters, so hopefully the trademark Team Ninja jiggle simulator won't be used. It is a bit of a cliche Japanese teen/twenty something woman villain, even for Super Sentai (the Japanese show that gives Power Rangers it's costumes and mecha footage) and anime shows.

arkady77

arkady77 said:

this looks fantastic. there has been cleavage in every zelda game its just the gfx werent good enough to notice. i love tecmo koei production values even on their average games. this is looking properly AAA

arkady77

arkady77 said:

@Tryken
i completely agree. i find the the tone taken in this website to be reactionary in its treatment of mature content. we have classifications for a reason. nintendo knows that the family includes adults.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

I see concerns in some of the comments about the BooBs , have you people not played Zelda OOT or did you just forget about the Fairies ? I can't wait to get this game I hope Zelda is a playable character .

Dreamz

Dreamz said:

@Will-75 I was just about to post the same thing. Even in Windwaker HD, you have the giant, mostly naked fairies littered about. Of course, it's the little girl fairy that actually hits on Link...

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

@liljmoore lol right? What're these complaints about Link looking feminine? He's never been all that masculine, firstly, and secondly, he' looks fine in this new screen. Chill.

PS4

PS4 said:

Sorry guys I'm porting this game to myself, but it will feature Spyro the dragon instead of Link, and lots of cannons named "Gannon".

lulles

lulles said:

Not too sure about that villainess' design... Not Zelda-ish at all, and needlessly revealing. Also not sold on the silly "she liked Link, got jealous of him and Zelda, so she decided to destroy the world" storyline. On the bright side, Link and Impa look awesome (what's up with people making fun of his face though? He's never looked very masculine to begin with, and his eyes were always that defined). We'll have to wait and see.

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

I just hope there's a HUGE difference between different weapons, or this will be the usual Warriors...

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

@cyrus_zuo "If I wanted that kind of juvenile gaming I'd have an Xbox." Thank god I've a 360 next to my WiiU so I can play juvenile games like Fallout, Mass Effect, Dead Space and even those JRPGs that I can't play on the nintendo consoles just because they don't exist.

HappyMaskedGuy

HappyMaskedGuy said:

I still reckon this will be okay at best.

Wait until the first reviews at least. Hate to sound like the downer, but don't get too hyped folks.
It's relying on boobs as one of its press screenshot previews for a start....

khululy

khululy said:

it's never good enough for you people... Link looks different in almost every game because he is not the same Link. and you all claim to be fans...

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

While it is foolish to get hyped for something, don't judge it by it's cover. Aliens Colonial Marines and Star Wars Episode 1 proved that hype doesn't lead to a quality product. I really want this game to be fantastic though and I know it will be a day one purchase for me. The designs are great though I feel the original characters just don't look like they came from the Zelda universe. They are too Team Ninja if that makes any sense.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Anyone remember Heavenly Sword? Incredibly over-hyped title for the PS3 that, frankly, didn't control or look bad, it was just so one dimensional. EXACT same thing: fight legions of enemies, busty ninja-esque warriors and something swirly to make the character look prettier.
Golden Axe: Beast Rider or Conan? Near or full nudity. And both systems received ports of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge with extra skimpy costumes.
I don't want to be sexist, but Nintendo allowing this wouldn't be that surprising, as a GAME. They've had worse, to be honest.
As a ZELDA GAME? Am I surprised? No. Because it's not a Zelda game. It's a spinoff. And it will only be considered chronological if it sells well. That's the bottom line. It is for every company: does this warrant recognition, time, effort and money? Nintendo wants and needs new games, so as much as 'die hard' fans may not like it (die hards that skipped Wind Waker because it was too kiddy, Twilight Princess because of the wolf segments and Skyward Sword because of the less mature look and Link's pants) the 'die hard' fans need to deal with it. As far as the big N is concerned, EVERYTHING is on the table. We shouldn't be surprised to see more Team Ninja, more Platinum Games, more sex and more spinoffs. Because at this stage of the game, Nintendo simply can't afford to pick and choose. As long as the game passes certification and isn't a full-on sex sim, expect it to be considered.

DdFixen

DdFixen said:

@PvtOttobot Same here. I have to look at more screen shots and designs and reviews of the actual game, and if it turns out it's too sexist for my liking, I'm gonna skip this game.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Oh memoryman3, I've got 3 things to say, on behalf of everyone: we know you hated Other M. We know you don't like ANYTHING by Tecmo Koei. And we know you think Ubisoft is a godsend.
Now, please, stop trolling. It's enough to post the same thing once or twice, but now that you only post the same lame thing, over and over and over, it's driving people crazy.
You know why the troll hid under the bridge? People crossed it every day.

burninmylight

burninmylight said:

@Mikeopferman

You sound like a good, caring and responsible father, and I wish there were more men like yourself. But that statement is exactly why so many (myself included) are freaking out over such audacious cleavage in a Nintendo IP now!

Also, speaking of audacious in-your-face cleavage, Team Ninja must have spent so much time on it that it apparently forgot human anatomy. I don't think a person's head is meant to turn that way so high on a person's neck. That looks like it hurts, Shea. Maybe they're going to hide design goofs with jiggle physics.

Uro

Uro said:

@KodyDawg
Just to make sure... this is not a Zelda game, it is another game with Zelda character... Not saying it'll bad, but I think it's not going to be nearly as good as a real Zelda game. Will definitely try it though.

KodyDawg

KodyDawg said:

@Uro Yeah, yeah I know. I still really want to try it, even though Zelda spin-offs have been pretty mediocre for the most part. But I'd still like to get into the Dynasty Warriors series, and this is the perfect way to do so!

Shambo

Shambo said:

@GloverMist Wii U has so many great exclusives already, and my preorder list is still going, while I have a backlog to take care of already. It's ridiculous how many people still say it has no games... Like the Wii, it has a vastly superior selection of exclusives of many genres and skill levels, many styles and age ratings, and some much better ports (some very poor ones too, so be careful). As a gamer, the real choice is: what system to get besides the newest Nintendo one. So far, I stick with just Nintendo for this generation.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

It's official, this is going to be my most played LoZ game ever.

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

@Remisio Most of the games you listed are the Nintendo games I don't enjoy--Fire Emblem, Earthbound, The Last Story, Xenoblade, Eternal Darkness, and Geist. But you clearly have to admit that those make up a small portion of Nintendo's catalog of games.
And I'm not sure how you could argue that Zelda, Sin & Punishment, or F-Zero is mature. Light "Teen" material, but certainly nowhere near M-rated games like The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, or Bioshock Infinite.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Looks amazing! I am very excited about the local co-op part - my son will love being able to play with me. Can't wait to bring this home!

GloverMist

GloverMist said:

@Shambo I know, that's why I stick with Nintendo! I've never owned a console that isn't Nintendo, actually! ...well, not including Steam.

Remisio

Remisio said:

@sketchturner when I think mature I think themes and events that depict death or sometimes more advanced ways of thought. The ESRB definition of mature you imply as the only apparent definition is blood, profanity and sex. Which are actually quite juvenile. There hasn't been an "M-for Mature" Fire Emblem, Last Story or Xenoblade game. But the themes of Death are present, just as they are in Zelda, Sin and Punishment and even Pikmin to a lesser degree.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Well, this has definitely got this comment section stirred. I'm loving the Link model. I always wanted to see Link in more armor amidst the green tunic. Awesome.

Remisio

Remisio said:

@noctowl soooo... Wait what? How am I advocating hate? I represent mature themes over mature ratings, I wanted to say that the events are often poetic or touching representations of death rather than the violent and brusque ones that are usually considered mature by the current gaming world... How exactly have I advocated hate or anything of the sort...? If I have said anything that offends you or depicts me as a hateful person I apologize, but I will stick to my views, not everyone is going to accept them but please specify how I am advocating hate so that I can avoid further misunderstandings in the future.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@GloverMist I mostly get a PlayStation a few years after launch, the re-designed versions, cheaper, and with a good selection of affordable games already. But since 4 requires extra payment to fully 'enjoy', I guess I'll skip it. And the games for PS4/X1 so far look barely interesting.