Weirdness: Try Not To Squirm As This Doomed Miiverse Romance Turns Sour

Posted by Damien McFerran

"I really did like u"

Miiverse is a powerful social tool which has won a lot of fans since it launched on the Wii U back in 2012. The recent expansion of the service to the 3DS has allowed it to become bigger than ever, with millions of users interacting with one another, sharing thoughts on games and generally connecting in a safe and friendly environment.

Given the warm and fuzzy nature of the service, it's perhaps inevitable that close relationships can blossom — but as is often the case in life, sometimes these meetings can turn sour. Take the tragic story of Allan and Nicole, two star-crossed Nintendo gamers who met recently on Miiverse and shared a brief (and often unintentionally amusing) connection. They even managed a quick game on Luigi's Mansion 2 before it all went badly wrong.

Nintendo has always maintained that Miiverse is a tool best used when applied to the realm of gaming — this is perhaps a fine example of why that should always be the case.

Thanks to nintendomasterr for the tip.

[via youtube.com]

tigermask

tigermask said:

This was the first thing I watched this morning. I don't think I want to watch anything else EVER!

PaperLucario

PaperLucario said:

Found it hard to watch, since this sort of online text dating thing I'd find pitifully sad. Atleast the tone of music along with the narrator reading grammar errors as they appeared made it kind of funny.

MAB

MAB said:

Nicole is really a 40 year old man that still lives with his parents ;)

Dave24

Dave24 said:

DRAMA!!!111oneone1! It reminds me of all those no life people who are actually too lazy to just move their butts from the PC or anything gaming - remember WoW and Halo "weddings"? It was awful and I have a bad feeling it will be like that with Miiverse.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

B-) Let me translate that for you...

Derp, derp derp derp...
Derpitty-do, derpy-derpitty-derp...
DU....
DDDUUURRRPPP!!!

tom_q

tom_q said:

I had to keep pausing it throughout so I could take a breather and recover from cringing before carrying on.

Buduski

Buduski said:

LMAO!!! Que pendejo xD
I can't believe what I just saw lol its crazy how hormoned kids get!

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

This happened all the time on Colors!3D, people posted paintings looking for boy/girl friends. They then "went out" and by that I mean had a conversation, and then "broke up" when they realized they were "dating" a random dude.
Happened. Every. Day. :|

Kisame83

Kisame83 said:

I'm scared for our species. This seems like the kind of thing that used to go down in PM or AIM (remember AIM). Now it's just out in the open on social media. Keep in mind these are kids, so of course this is awkward and immature.

XavandSo

XavandSo said:

Wow. I am speechless. That has to be the most cringeworthy things I have ever seen in my life. Bravo Allan and Nicole "Nocole" Samantha? Oscar quality stuff.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

first thing I watched today... The video started and.... I just couldn't stop watching... lol

BlatantlyHeroic

BlatantlyHeroic said:

A relationship in the 8th grade? My gosh most of the people in my class wouldn't have taken it seriously during that time. Then again it's been 3ish years, and they still aren't mature. People annoy me.

element187

element187 said:

Guy can't seem to take the hint when she moves into single worded answers.

I also gather she doesn't really have a boyfriend, just saying so in hopes he moves on.

Just creepy all the way around. Probably going to be traumatic to Alan when he realizes half the Internet is laughing at him.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

@AltDotNerd HAHAHA I concur!
@Dark-Luigi You've watched it. You can't unwatch it.
@StarDust Is it worrying that I also translated it the same?

I feel his pain. I too was once a pubescent adolescent with creepy stalkerish tendancies. But look at me! Now I sleep on a couch!

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

i met this cute guy called @Philip_J_Reed on this nintndo site and we talked like 4eva about games. we liked lots of the same game but he like megamen but i don't butt hats ok bc i thouht wen we moved in 2getha he cud play it wen i was making him cookies ^o^ but he doesnt respond 2 my calls any more i thought wat we has wuz speshul :( :( :(

Deadstanley

Deadstanley said:

This type of sexual tension infused adolescent chat is all over Miiverse. I think schools should start mandating an Internet etiquette or common sense class. I cringe every time I read them, but I can't stop LOL!

KTT

KTT said:

I'm something between feel sorry for him, facepalming and lol-ing. Flavoured with a little pinch of creepyness.

Razzle

Razzle said:

Oh man that made me laugh so hard, but there is an issue here. I have to say, the majority of females on Miiverse seem compelled to write 'NO WiiU CHAT' or 'No Anonymous Friend Requests' in their profiles which leads me to believe there are many misguided juveniles on Miiverse thinking it might be a chance to score a date. Whether these women are privately messaged or harassed I don't know, but jeez guys let me spell it out for you: You are highly unlikely to pick up a lady on Miiverse. There is a sad (and hilarious) lesson to be learned here :)

SpookyMeths

SpookyMeths said:

I feel like there were pieces of this conversation missing... and I really, really don't want to know what they are.

DAT END THO

XXIV

XXIV said:

I may want a boyfriend at sometime in my life, but this is both desperate and pathetic.

cookiex

cookiex said:

Somewhere out there, a Miiverse mod is laughing his butt off reading all this.

Remisio

Remisio said:

... Well then... ............. I honestly don't know what I just watched and why. I was half expecting a: "Yeh dis if u creed evertim" or something. And I'm still kind if skeptical about it being real or not... But if it is real... I guess I have come to understand some of the worries my Mother used to have when I was younger and talked to people she didn't know. (One case was memorably funny and awkward because I was talking to a friend I hadn't seen for a long time in Highschool on the phone and since my Mom didn't know who he was she thought I was talking to a strange drug dealer or something... I told my friend afterwards and he laughed... But then he cried... And I laughed. What was I talking about again?

Porky

Porky said:

Very hard to watch. Girl was probably weirded out by the dude and stoped talking back. On a side note, Allan said, "I'm sorry" a tad many times. Just, 'Eww' sums this up.

Mr_Nose

Mr_Nose said:

My heart broke a little bit, too.

Now every time the poor nipper plays Luigi's Mansion, he will quaff the dregs of love unrequited all over again.

Juma009

Juma009 said:

@MAB I doubt it, with Wii U or 3DS and all those camera options, I'm sure they had seen each other before.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

I cried... mostly because the grammar was awful. The schools that these two "8th graders" went to should be shut down for not teaching their students about periods.

Oh and they are both mentally disturbed, but the girl is clearly a 30-something male.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

Well I don't understand the need for a boyfriend or girlfriend so many people my age seem to be obsessed with but it leads to plenty of hilarious stuff... Like this...

I'm creeped out by how people could just be this stupid but I'm also laughing hard at the same time... I just hope it was brilliant trolling or I have lost a bit more faith for us... :|

Also it reminds me of when I used to play Club Penguin and I would see people acting like they were gfs/bfs :U

michael148th

michael148th said:

This was hilarious! I laughed quite a few times listening to the narrator. Well this put me in a good mood this morning X)

Boukman

Boukman said:

It's kind of sad to have your adolescent ramblings laughed at by so many people.
They have the saddest Mii's as well.

JarredBuzzo

JarredBuzzo said:

The biggest mistake he made was posting his thoughts on Miiverse, a lot of people can and will see that...

That being said, I feel bad for this kid, but hopefully he learns from the experience.

Of_Folsense

Of_Folsense said:

I'm sorry im so so sorry but this video made me feel like I didnt want to watch it kind of, like it was making me want to go away and it wasnt injoyible.

Of_Folsense

Of_Folsense said:

Sorry I meant to say that a different way sometime what I am trying to say I don't say things right sorry

The_OMEGA

The_OMEGA said:

Didn't this happen with Flipnote Hatena? except in that one it got kind of sexual :/ those were weird times

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Oh man! What an epic fail. I was pissing myself larfing as the music was building but then when it got awkward I could feel it in my stomach... Youch! Though I don't know how you can "love" someone when you've only seen their mii character, sooooo weird.

Though it may have not ended awkwardly if the "girl" had not been banned. Clearly she wasn't replying because she couldn't, then he may never have awkwardly confessed. I tried to see her profile but it didn't turn up in search. I presume this miiverse thread got deleted, since I haven't been able to find it. Anyone had better luck finding it? Wayyyy too funny :D I've seen someone else try to copy Allan & Nicole already haha.

The_OMEGA

The_OMEGA said:

:/ this got kind of creepy, especially when he said "goodbye nicole, i'm sorry" that just sounds like something someone whos about to kill themselves says....

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Considering how she dissappered after the play at Luigi Mansion 2 I see here more a creepypasta video then a funny-awkward one >o>

The romance between a guy and a girl just met on miiverse! the love growing until ghosts defetead them! The desperation of the boy seeing the love of his life dissapper! This is a pure masterpiece OoO

Gioku

Gioku said:

Damnit I only noticed this after I got to school so I can't watch it...!

...at least these comments are amusing...!

jorgem696

jorgem696 said:

I saw this Romeo and Juliet movie in one of the scene's Juliet showed one of her boobs and I got banned by a stipid couple oniiverse and when I had my first day of freedom this 9year old girl got me banned now Im going to make her life a living hell on miiverse

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

This reminds me on Flipnote Hatena, that these crazy fangirls wanted to be my girlfriend. They start with the "you're cute" or "you're handsome" comments, and i'm like "Thanks, I know, and I agree". Then they rev up that comment about they wanting to be my girlfriend, and i'm like "bye, bye, bye" and then I go and make a flipnote.

Flipnote Studio 3D is going to be the swellest of times indeed :)

Skyfox2000

Skyfox2000 said:

@WiiLovePeace I've Tried Allan, Nicole, Kimoney and f=xdhendri I had no luck. I think f=xdhendri is the creator of this video I contacted Curt Hoggs Gaming in a PM on Youtube No Response Yet Let you know when he messages me back

StaticWind

StaticWind said:

I wonder how they'd react when they find that a good amount of the internet just watched their conversation. xD

ACK

ACK said:

I'm offended and appalled that someone made an mockery of these two harmless kids. To laugh at them when you have to be truly pathetic to labor on such a video to cruelly expose a couple of innocent kids. Despite their public interaction, it is not appropriate entertainment and anyone who revels in the thought should question what kind of society they want to live in. Everything humorous is not important information that must be shared.

3Daniel

3Daniel said:

Not that i should admit this but i met someone on draw something while randomly paired and we ended up dating for a year. And i mean real world dating too. They ended up leaving me to move to deadhorse alaska for work and i wouldnt uproot my life on the east coast for them. True story. Lol

AlbertoC

AlbertoC said:

Wow.

Remember that anyone may or may not be whoever they say to be: Man, woman, bot or chimera. Even if they have photos of "themselves".

I had some other words and safety advices, but on second thought... Nah. Read about internet safety yourself. Ask your friend Google about it.

bloodycelt

bloodycelt said:

@ACK
Comedy is another person's suffering. And I hope putting this in media outlets, their parents find out what happened and appropriately punish them for being stupid.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@Skyfox2000 thanks, I'm really curious of what happens next haha. Nicole's NNID is iheartcats1234, as shown at the start of the video. Turns up nothing because she's banned I presume.

@ACK welcome to the internet, seems you haven't been here long ;) If people don't want to be scrutinised/laughed at for their "private" stupidity they shouldn't put their dirty laundry out to dry in public spaces haha.

FeedingTheWheel

FeedingTheWheel said:

@XXIV Same here. Hey Wana go out? I plomise I want stalk yuo! Plz, OK Im srry!

On a serious note: Any "romance" (if that's what you would call it) involving Allan seems doomed to me.

ACK

ACK said:

@bloodycelt That may be true, and I have no problem with anyone who finds it funny. But to distill and produce it into a video isn't right.

And it won't change anything. In fact, going by the types of things I saw in the younger days of the internet, this is the sort of tame behavior that is the least of my concerns. A couple of naive kids is nothing to worry about.

Seriously, if you don't think desperate adolescents are all over the internet passing out naked pics to strangers like sticks of bubble gum... I don't know what to say. The fact that this was a public conversation actually makes the interaction more secure. Because, believe me, in another environment it would have been no great feat for Allan to solicit a couple of saucy pics. And there are mods to censor private info, if necessary.

ACK

ACK said:

@WiiLovePeace This isn't about the internet. It's about some chump who thinks getting a laugh is worth publicly embarrassing a couple kids. It's about sites like Nintendolife giving his video a forum. It's about people like you who accept this drivel and act like it's good news. This is the kind of muck you roll around in reading a tabloid. There is no need and nothing beneficial.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@ACK Dude chillout, you have no proof they are actually kids & this whole video isn't fake, like those "y cant metroid crawl?" posts. If this style of humour isn't your taste, that's fine. But NL sharing a weird video & the non-factual muck written in tabloids are two very different things. There isn't anything wrong with having a laugh at someone else's public stupidity, especially since this act has been done from behind an avatar. No way to pinpoint who the people involved in this discussion are in real life. They can literally just make a new NNID & not use the old one & no one would know any different. Facebook leak of personal info this is not.

Doma

Doma said:

I always expected a social network run by Nintendo would be disturbing, but this....

Nintendo should purge miiverse from existence.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Reminds me of the days of America Online and instant messenger during the late 90's!

King47

King47 said:

The narration and music transformed it from sad to funny.

Assuming this is true, after laughing very much about this I can't help but think that this kid must have issues. Maybe bullied or something. Also, they should be concerned more about punctuation, grammar, and spelling than love.

Williaint

Williaint said:

I love hearing people read the average teen's spelling errors, these days. Always fun.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

Well, way to make my day xD love the narration... People need to, you know, go outside and meet with other humans.. And maybe, JUST MAYBE, get a real relationship xD

Specters

Specters said:

This was brilliant. The ending was too funny, but feel sorry for the guy and she got banned over it. Just imagine if this was on Swapnote.

edhe

edhe said:

I love the voice work - especially Allan's trembling speech pattern!

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

Not being nasty but this reminds me of all those kids on Little Big Planet, exact same scenario. Let this be a lesson to anyone who considers doing this, yes, there are some success stories but they're in the minority, it almost always ends in tragedy. Also, you don't actually know who it is you're talking to, it could be a 50 year old man who could later track you down and cause you problems in real life. Best bet is to only date people you know/meet outside the internet, at least then you know who it is and what they're really like (to a degree). Again, no offence to those of you who DO do this, just some helpful tips/info before you end up getting hurt one way or another.

Squid

Squid said:

Allan: A Miiverse Love Story

Coming to a theater near you, accessible by bus stop.

bloodycelt

bloodycelt said:

@ACK, @WiiLovePeace
Adults masquerading as children is illegal.
Children should not be allowed on the internet without direct adult supervision, they're too hormonal and stupid.
And 8th graders should be focusing on school work, not on dating, plenty of time for that AFTER college.
Hence why I hope those kids get grounded, or if they are adults, arrested.

CrimsonFire

CrimsonFire said:

This was hilarious, I was cringing and laughing at the same time. I think some sense needs to be slapped into him.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Hilarious :D

Made me laugh when 'Nicole' said she was sick of people laughing at her for not having a boyfriend at the start, but then immediately backpedalled and said she had a boyfriend when weird 'Allan' showed an interest, lol.

andrea987

andrea987 said:

Come on Ninty, "Harvest Moon 'Allan and Nicole-aka-Samantha' Edition". Make it happen!

Garios

Garios said:

Why does the universe insist on tearing apart true love? Can't you see that Allan and Nocole WHERE MENT 2 B!?

SuperiorYoshi87

SuperiorYoshi87 said:

How could Nicole deny a guy with an Afro as sweet as Allan's she fell for it........

Seriously though online social network boy meets girl crap never works out and it's just weird

Luna-Harmony

Luna-Harmony said:

I was thinking about watching Gone with the Wind but don't need to now after this. They should make this into a movie or a romance novel lol haha fantastic.

SuperiorYoshi87

SuperiorYoshi87 said:

@Doma ever get a message on Xbox live replace this crap with endless voice messages or texts calling people every obscenity ever. It's not Nintendos fault there weirdos on it there's weirdos everywhere

MrPokirby

MrPokirby said:

Don't want to be rude... actually, I don't really care about that, but whatever. This was pitiful and embarrassing. I felt embarrassed just watching it. I don't even have words for just how overall bad this was. I'm sorry but... just no!

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Well let's see.... in a nutshell,...

Assuming this pair of 8th graders are real, the worst possible case scenario is indeed suicide by either, or both of these kids, only if they are already someone with emotional issues, & are a hair trigger away from doing incredibly stupid things; far worse than this, & that they can comprehend that wherever this video travels online, so does mockery, & laughter at their expense.
There is also a chance that people pretending to be them will internet hoax one, or the both of them committing suicide. Granted, I only give this a low-moderate chance, but it could still happen.

Yes, it is also possible for dedicated hackers to hack Nintendo's servers, & get the location of their WUs, by geo-ip, thus finding out at least where the posts came from. Still, you would have to be dedicated, & want to waste your time. Not to mention obviously having skills in cracking internet security.

Assumming this pair of 8th graders are not real, the worst possible case scenario is Nintendo shutting down Miiverse, &/or making interactions on there much more restricted, than what some may say is already restricted. For me, I don't use Miiverse for really anything at the moment. Presumably, all I'm going to ever be using it for, is what I already use it for: gaming, & extremely light communication with other Miiversers. I know there are a good deal of teens, & children on the service, & it would be too easy to accidentally get myself in trouble, by unintentionally interacting with a minor, in a way that is actually harmless, but makes them, &/or the mods, consider me threatening to safety. So, I mostly use Miiverse for gaming, & I definitely do not use it for anything deeper than a "hello/this game is great/answer someone's game question/etc.". The service wasn't meant for that.

Part of me wants to laugh, & admittedly there are plenty of comments here that are worthy of laughter: AltDotNerd, Kisame83, Raylax, KTT, unrandomsam, allduhype, cookiex, Juma009, Philip_J_Reed, SetupDisk, Luna-Harmony, just to name some. Still, I can't help but think like Ack:"getting a laugh is worth publicly embarrassing a couple kids" in regards to this. The person, or persons responsible for this thing's creation may have been just 1, or 2 adults involved for a laugh. But, this could on the other side of the coin be very legitimate, & I can easily say kids around 8th grade level would have to also be in the age range ripe for raging hormones; they're not always going to be thinking on a sensible level, due to puberty. They're naturally inclined to do stupid things. If I were in this situation in real life, I would be totally embarrassed. Though on the other side of the coin, I really don't know if I would have actually done very much something like this in 8th grade.

Regardless, I hope these "kids"(if they actually are such), learn from this, & not repeat the actions.

bloodycelt

bloodycelt said:

@Capt_N
I would be in favor of Nintendo being more strict, MiiVerse should just be about games, people should leave socialization and personal lives outside.

Skyfox2000

Skyfox2000 said:

Nintendo You Should Really Add a Messaging System for 3DS User. This Aint the First Time This Happen All these kids is doing is blowing up 3DS community's with Romance

Shadow_Chad6982

Shadow_Chad6982 said:

First thing I watched this morning. Now I kinda have a headache. Although that echo at the end was pretty funny.

Skyfox2000

Skyfox2000 said:

@WiiLovePeace I did find out that the Community is in Europe the Game is a little indie game that probably sucks. i say Curtt Hoggs Gaming was Jumping Communitys Found This and had a Field Day with it

Skyfox2000

Skyfox2000 said:

@Capt_N i agree with you this never really happen until Nintendo put 3DS Users in There. Nintendo should put Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. on there Platforms!

Neferupitou

Neferupitou said:

It,s possible Miiverse moderators didn't delete this until it was over because they were having a huge laugh at the whole thing.

Pixel-Perfect

Pixel-Perfect said:

Mmm. In related news, I met a kid in X&Y who kept saying he was in love with me. Luckily he gave it up after I told him I was ten years older than him. (Which was true.) I couldn't imagine trying to form a relationship with a sixteen character limit.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

i feel this kid is going to be a stalker in the future and if any girl says no oh watch out he will force you to love him ha

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

finished...
They're supposedly in 8th grade and he's asking her if her boyfriend is forcing him on her? WTF????

SebCroc

SebCroc said:

Man... Some kids these days have serious issues with this whole relationship thing. But wow, this was hilarious! XD

BigDaddysPizza

BigDaddysPizza said:

Wait... was it confirmed that Nicole was banned?

I'm not sure what to think. This stuff is gonna happen, and I'm not sure if I want to laugh at it or not. This is just what kids going through puberity do.

The problem is This SHOULD be a private affair but apparently it isn't anymore. I feel bad laughing because I know they want absolutely nobody to be reading this.

BetweenTheTrees

BetweenTheTrees said:

on the other hand he sounds like some jeffrey dahmer fan boy. the does your boyfriend force himself on you, i mean kinda sounds like someone older than an eighth grader. creeper!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@Skyfox2000 Incorrect. This "Banana Bliss Jungle Puzzles" community is actually in the North America 3DS Miiverse, not only are they both from NA & hence that's where they would be. But also at the start of the video to the right of Nicole's mii picture at the very top, it has "Banana Banana Bliss: Jungle Puzzles" (notice the double "Banana" part?) that's a mistake in the title of the NA Banana Bliss community that's still there right now.

What I find strange is when someone is banned their posts are hidden, as if they had disappeared. If Nicole had been truly banned no one should have been able to see the Miiverse post in question. Once you're banned everything you've done is hidden. (not true, posts not deleted are still there even if the person is banned.)

But if that's true then Nicole was never banned & Miiverse moderators never removed the post. Nicole must have removed it & deleted her own profile. But the timing of this video is uncanny. The last post made by Allan was "1 hour ago" before the video was made, then after that the post was removed by Nicole & her profile is gone...

I propose from all this that CurtDogg Gaming is Nicole, after uploading the video he deleted his Nicole account. He has also stated more of this is coming, which if he was just an observer from the side he could not guarantee. Though sadly I have no solid evidence of this, unless he confesses we'll probably never know the truth. :(

P.S. Edited for facts.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@Skyfox2000 someone found Allan's NNID! They wrote it in the youtube comments. It's exodia55, check his latest post, people are bugging him about Nicole. Also, the Mii is the same though he changed his Mii name & shirt colour.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Hmm, many I should change my Mii to a sexy looking female so I can laugh all the way to the bank when boys try to hit on me?

Then again, I'm a 32 year old male and stuff like that don't look too good when you get summoned by an investigator...

wombatkidd

wombatkidd said:

Just a comment for the people saying not to met people online:

Miiverse is definitely not the forum, but there's nothing wrong with meeting someone online. Nearly 20% of relationships begin online in NA now. I met my wife online.

Some people have trouble talking to people (like me. I have a mental health issue that makes it hard for me to read and send social cues) or work a lot and don't have time to go to the bar or whatever. (like my wife who works 60 hours a week)

bloodycelt

bloodycelt said:

@wombatkidd
I think the point was that you shouldn't go on miiverse with the purpose of getting a girlfriend. The internet is sort of like a giant mall. If a person went to the mall and hit on every girl, they would get thrown out.

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

I actually commented on that post before it was deleted! I said, "Congratulations, Allan! You've just made it on #BadMiiversePosts!" Let's just say that in the end, Allan was very confused about what was going on. :D