Nintendo Download: 29th May (Europe)

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Mario Kart 8, badgers, a Minish Cap, loads of tasty discounts and more

It's Monday morning, and Nintendo clearly wants this to be a particularly awesome week for its fans. This week's download update is packed full of options, including one of the biggest releases of the year, some exciting new download options and a whole load of tempting discounts. There's a lot to get through, so let's get to it.

Wii U eShop

Gravity Badgers (Wales Interactive, €4.99 / £4.99) — The first of three confirmed titles from this developer, here we have a gravity physics puzzler somewhat reminiscent of Angry Birds Space, but with a whole load of attitude, mullet rock and even boss fights. It sounds like it could be fun and we'll find out soon in our review, until then you can check out our interview with Wales Interactive.

Wii U Virtual Console

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Nintendo, €6.99 / £6.29) — The Game Boy Advance collection on the home console continues with this charming Capcom-developed Zelda adventure. This quest sees Link shrink down to tiny proportions and 'wear' a rather unique hat; we'll have a look for a fresh review, but in the meantime you can always check out our The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap review from the 3DS ambassador promotion release.

Wii U Retail Download

Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, €59.99 / £49.99) — Available from 30th May, the wait finally ends this week. A new Mario Kart is always a big event on any Nintendo hardware, and this Wii U entry is no exception. Gorgeous visuals and presentation are accompanied by refined, exceptional racing, with exciting tracks and new ideas such as Mario Kart TV and anti-gravity thrown in; the online's pretty sweet, too. You can read our recommendation in our Mario Kart 8 review.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition (WB Games, €14.99 / £12.49 until 5th June, normally €59.99 / £49.99)

Batman: Arkham Origins (WB Games, €14.99 / £12.49 until 5th June, normally €59.99 / £49.99)

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (WB Games, €12.49 / £9.99 until 5th June, normally €49.99 / £39.99)

Injustice: Gods Among Us (WB Games, €14.99 / £12.49 until 5th June, normally €59.99 / £49.99)

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom, €8.99 / £7.19 until 8th June, normally €14.99 / £11.99)

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, €29.99 / £23.99 until 8th June, normally €49.99 / £39.99)

3DS eShop

Coaster Creator 3D (Big John Games, €7.25 / £6.00) — A title where the name truly does say it all, as you create your own rollercoasters. That said, it's done well, with a host of features including challenges, QR code swapping and solid creation tools — we gave this a strong recommendation in our Coaster Creator 3D review.

Castle Clout 3D (Selectsoft, €4.00 / £3.59) — This one incorporates gravity based destruction as you hurl projectiles at enemy castles and troops; there's also local multiplayer and the option to create your own castles, too. We appreciated this one as uncomplicated fun and gave it a solid recommendation in our Castle Cloud 3D review.

Blue Exorcist Manga VOL. 3 (Daipen, €4.49) — Not available in the UK.

3DS Virtual Console

The Mysterious Murasame Castle (Nintendo, €4.99 / £4.49) — The likely winner of this week's 'random download' prize, this is the first time that this NES title has ever been released outside of Japan; it's not entirely unfamiliar, as it was that IP hardly anyone knew in Nintendo Land — remember the star throwing game? Yep, that one; we'll explore this mysterious arrival in our review.

Mario Golf (Nintendo, €4.99 / £4.49) — Previously available as a download extra for those that picked up Mario Golf: World Tour on the 3DS eShop, this classic Game Boy Color entry will soon be available in it own right. Regarded as a stand-out title in the series by some, we gave it a solid recommendation in our Mario Golf review.

3DS Retail Download

Me & My Furry Patients 3D (Treva Entertainment, €29.99 / £24.99) — A vet sim, of sorts, we thought this was somewhat average in our Me & My Furry Patients 3D review.

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, €17.99 / £14.99 until 8th June, normally €29.99 / £24.99)

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom, €5.99 / £5.39 until 8th June, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom, €11.99 / £10.79 until 8th June, normally €19.99 / £17.99)

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (WB Games, €9.99 / £8.74 until 5th June, normally €39.99 / £34.99)

Real Heroes Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB, €4.99 / £4.49 until 19th June, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Funfair Party Games (Joindots, €6.99 / £6.99 until 12th June, normally €19.99 / £17.99)

Gardenscapes (Joindots, €5.99 / £5.99 until 12th June, normally €14.99 / £14.99)

3D Mahjongg (Joindots, €3.99 / £3.29 until 12th June, normally €4.99 / £4.49)

Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots, €6.99 / £5.79 until 12th June, normally €7.99 / £6.99)

SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition (Gamelion, €0.99 / £0.89 until 19th June, normally €1.99 / £1.79)

10-in-1 Arcade Collection (Gamelion, €0.99 / £0.89 until 19th June, normally €1.99 / £1.79)

Rage of the Gladiator (Gamelion, €3.49 / £3.09 until 19th June, normally €6.99 / £6.29)

PIX3D (Gamelion, €1.99 / £1.79 until 19th June, normally €3.99 / £3.59)

Angry Bunnies (Cypronia, €4.85 / £4.49 until 31st June, normally €6.49 / £5.99)

Bubble Pop World (Cypronia, €3.74 / £3.35 until 31st June, normally €4.99 / £4.49)

Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey (Cypronia, €3.74 / £3.35) until 31st June, normally €4.99 / £4.49)

Some great options this week, European gamers. Let us know what you're planning to pick up in the poll and comments below.

What will you be downloading first this week? (262 votes)

Gravity Badgers (Wii U eShop)

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Wii U Virtual Console)

15%

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U retail download)

46%

Coaster Creator 3D (3DS eShop)

Castle Clout 3D (3DS eShop)

Blue Exorcist Manga VOL. 3 (3DS eShop)

The Mysterious Murasame Castle (3DS Virtual Console)

Mario Golf (3DS Virtual Console)

Me & My Furry Patients 3D (3DS retail download)

One of the Wii U eShop discounts

One of the 3DS eShop discounts

Nothing for me this week

18%

Please login to vote in this poll.

outburst

outburst said:

Arkham City is tempting. But I want Arkham Asylum and Knight also on Wii U if I have to buy it. So maybe.

I'm on the brink of getting MK8 on eshop instead of that limited edition I pre-ordered.. Just one more reason before Friday. Convince me on going digital NLifers. :D Decisions decisions...

Edit:
Arkham City is just 8 pounds on amazon UK so I'll pass.

bouncer0304

bouncer0304 said:

Some good bargains there but seriously Nintendo, £49.99 for Mario Kart 8?! £10 MORE than a physical release?! Glad i pre ordered mine online now! So excited since the money was taken out Saturday :-D

erv

erv said:

Mario kart 8 for me. A free game afterwards more than makes up for that one.

Tempted by some of those discounts too.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

Uhh...that's pretty awesome.
Guess I'll go with Arkham City for the poll since this'll be the eShop game, I'm buying.

that means I'll get MK8, W101, Klonoa (buying that with the rest of my eShop balance + 5€ for the MK8 Promo) AND Arkham City for my birthday.
Man...I'm pretty satisfied with this week ;)

[really...the only "bad" thing so far is that Hanamonogatari was delayed til August :D]

bouncer0304

bouncer0304 said:

@outburst correct me if i'm wrong but isn't €50 roughly the same as £39.99 or am i getting it wrong? (I live in the UK so am a bit rusty on these things) Still annoying though when you miss a good deal- i often say "oh i'll wait a bit" then it's gone lol! The main question here is how do they expect people to buy download copies when a) the cost £10 more than physical and b) they are also tied to the console and NOT an account. Nintendo really need to sort out their eshop sooner rather than later. For retail games the price should either be the same as online stores like amazon/shopto/game etc or about £5 cheaper. Why should a digital copy cost MORE than a physical one? If they altered those two things i'd bite but for now, unless it's a special offer, i'm mainly a physical disc and cartridge lady.

MouldyK

MouldyK said:

Can anyone confirm to me whether the recent GBA VC games have screen smoothing like the first batch or did they stop that?

Quirky

Quirky said:

Yeah, 60€ is pretty pricey for the download copy. I'm tempted because I'm sick of (little) fingerprints on CDs making them unreadable. But it's 10€ more than an online physical copy. I guess Nintendo do this to not annoy their retail partners - if you buy MK8 in a shop it'll be at least 55€, so a discounted dl version would mean shops may tell Nintendo to take a hike.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker said:

60€? Even if I had a Wii U, I would never spend that much money on a game, no matter if it's the latest Mario, Zelda or another famous series... Terrible move, Nintendo, shame on you!

Anyway, I am tempted to finally get Street Fighter IV, a great game at a cheap price, given that there are still people fighting online... Can anyone confirm that the SSF IV online matcher are alive and kicking? :)

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Can't wait to get Mario Kart :D
The Batman discounts are tempting too, but wrong wrong week, I gotta race, no time for fighting crime!!!

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano said:

I'll be getting MK8, not sure whether I'll get both physical and digital or just physical.

@bouncer0304 Yes you are correct (50 euros is about £40) and yes I do agree that digital should be cheaper than physical but of course you could take advantage of the Super Mario Kart deal on the eshop which makes the digital copy cheaper than £50 (it's cheapest if you already bought SMK on Wii VC).

Sinister

Sinister said:

Not sure if i will download anything this week.
I will get the Mario Kart 8 Steelbox and i am not een sure what game i should get for free.

Blackgate for the 3DS sounds interesting at a 10€ price point. Have to think about that.

zool

zool said:

@BakaKnight the word 'download' is the key here and I will not be downloading anything. Not even Mario Kart 8.
But I do have it on order and my copy should arrive on 30th and £10 cheaper than the overpriced download version.

I wonder how many have voted even though they are buying a hard copy.

cmk8

cmk8 said:

Wario Kart 8 for me. Shame its £50 but is suppose do get original Kart and another game with it.

Vriess

Vriess said:

MK8 digitial and Minish Cap :P Waiting for Shovel Knight and Teslagrad will get a bit easier with these titles.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Japan exclusive games coming out on the VC?
Mario Picross II and Battle City please. :3

ClockworkMario

ClockworkMario said:

I'm really tempted by that Arkham Origins -deal. When added to MK8+Game&Wario, which I'll snatch as my free game, I'll have some busy times trying to play them all. Summer job's beginning in a week, too.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

Getting Mario Kart 8 for a non-extortionate price physically. Might pick up SpeedX 3D since its under £1.

ScorpionMG

ScorpionMG said:

Mk8 is a must have, getting that with WWHD :)
hmm.. i have city but i'm not so sure about origins.. not a big fan of batman..
don't know either about lego batman, it's nice to have 2 player mode one on gamepad and one on the screen but i'm not sure.
Any advice guys?

andrea987

andrea987 said:

Yes, I know a Bat-week would arrive, eheh
MK8 physical and Lego Batman for me, anyhow.

FragRed

FragRed said:

@Angelic_Lapras_King To me that £5 off digital MK8 when buying the VC version of Super Mario Kart is not that great a deal. It is still cheaper to just buy the physical version of MK8 and get Super Mario Kart on VC.

And I don't believe it is just Nintendo who over price the digital games. Look at Microsoft and Sony, not sure if still the same but there was a big thing about how expensive their digital games were when the new systems launched back in November.

norwichred

norwichred said:

Is it confirmed that Mario Kart 8 is £49.99 download in the UK? I am downloading it - the first time I have ever downloaded a full price retail game on any system. Got £50 credit from GAME so I still get reward points.

My rationale is that I am never going to want to trade it in, and i tend to only have one disc game going at once. I am STILL battling my way through SMB 3D World (up to champions run), and Donkey Kong country is still in cellophane waiting to be played.

So MK8 download it is (and Zelda Windwaker HD as the second game, as I haven't played that).

Morph

Morph said:

No downloads for me, but i will have physical mario kart for £35

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

Wow, I really hope we get Murasame Castle in the NA eShop. I somehow got to play it way back then and remember enjoying it. They havent done much of anything with that title or Takamaru either. Would love to see a new Murasame castle game or at least seeing a trophy for Takamaru in SSB.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

@zool I know "download" is the key word, my vote is legit ^_^
Personally I don't even think the digital version is such a bad offer, free Mario Kart SNES and 5€ bonus from the WiiU deluxe premium program; maybe it's not the best deal in the world, but I'm happy with it ;)

Emblem

Emblem said:

I have MK8 order via Amazon but for those going digital don't forget you'll also get enough points for a £5 code via the deluxe digital deal.

Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King said:

@FragRed True but over time, Microsoft at least have been offering Digital retail titles on sale offer for very low prices. Granted, they're very old games in most cases, but considering I picked up Bully for £3.29 when the Physical costs over the £20 mark preowned and even some as low as 89p.

Hopefully when either the 3DS and/or Wii U is on its last legs or just very old, the digital versions of some of the oldest retail titles will be offered for next to nothing to gain a cheap few bucks. Even so, I have ended up with more digital versions of retail Nintendo games because of their offers (This free game this week with MK8, the Wii Fit U offer when you buy the walking device, quite a few "register a 3DS, get a free digital retail game" promotions, etc. They have done some good deals on Digital Retail before and will do so again, but it is always in general that Digital retail on day one is waaay more pricey then what you can get in your hand.

£50 isnt too bad for MK8, SMK for free basically, and a free game of your choosing, and I think we're lucky that Nintendo really wants this sucker to sell sell sell, hence pulling off these offers. Certainly cheaper at least then the limited spikey shell edition I'm getting for £60 (As well as a free T Shirt and keyring Nintendo's throwing into the deal). XD

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

A thing to note about the Warner games is everyone I know who has purchased them physically did not get Club Nintendo points despite NOE listing as eligible games (http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Club-Nintendo/About-Club-Nintendo/How-to-get-Stars/How-to-get-Stars-622685.html). I am guessing in those cases only the eShop versions are eligible.

Mario Kart 8 is a definite buy for me (I bought the Wii U for it) but not at UK eShop prices.

@outburst That is true but adding in the NNP points (~£4.16) makes it about 25p more than £8. Going by what I said above, Arkham City has no Club Nintendo points and I think physical will go cheaper.

@Emblem Look at the NNP website. £50 is not enough points to get the £5 code sadly (as £50 is 120% of the cost due to VAT added). I think €60 is enough to get €5 though.

MJKOP

MJKOP said:

@Nightwalker hey, yeah I've never had a problem getting a fight online! Still a great game too, I picked it up for a tenner in HMV ages ago

Xilef

Xilef said:

Been wanting to check out Murasame for a while. Will the game be translated, or is that even needed?

whodatninja

whodatninja said:

And here i thought i didn't want to buy ANY Game Boy games for the Wii U... That Zelda does look tempting! (I'm of course getting Mario Kart either way)

shaneoh

shaneoh said:

Arkham Origins for me, getting a physical copy of MK8 complete with blue shell

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I would choose Mario Kart but since I'm getting a physical copy of the game it's gonna be The Minish Cap for me :)

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

No question about Mario Kart 8 (with the Wind Waker as my freebie); with luck I'll have my Mario and Luigi Wii Wheels by then! Oh and for people with price concerns GAME is selling the download code for £39.99 - n fact I just now purchased and received my code - I'd try to see if I can get the game early (doubt it), but the Ts and Cs for the free game promo say 10:00 on the 30th and it would suck to do myself out of that!

Beta

Beta said:

To those who played both Arkham Origins and City, which would you suggest to someone who never touched a Batman game and would like to try one? I don't care about accessibility, I care about which is more fun and has a more explorable world. Oh, and does any of those has somekind of local multiplayer mode?

outburst

outburst said:

@Beta
Go for City if you ask me. It's made by rocksteady who also made arkham asylum and the upcoming arkham knight. Plus it's a complete game with all DLCs included. Origins is a prequel made by WB Montreal if I'm not mistaken and you are missing some DLCs which isn't released on the Wii U. Plus they said it was buggy.

( I've only played Arkham Asylum)

Yai

Yai said:

Big week! Probably getting MK8 physically but either way the free game makes the price tag more than worth it digitally.

shigulicious

shigulicious said:

@Beta Arkham City is much better than Origins. Like Outburst said, you also get the DLC. Trust us on this one. Get City. Its not only the better of the 2 Batman games, its also on my short list of games that are near perfection.

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

£49.99 for a download copy of MK8 PAH plain ridiculous when you can get it anywhere for £37 from various places, just to high light the a"~* raping we take in the UK for pricing from Nintendo the $59.99 for the US converts to (IN THE REAL WORLD) £35.61, MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm, i for one mostly dont support this business model as its extra bad in the UK.

Ninhau

Ninhau said:

i can buy MK8 for 48€ on amazon. why bother paying 60€? those are insane prices

heyzeus002

heyzeus002 said:

@bouncer0304 re physical/ retail prices; businesses will always charge for a product what they feel people will pay.a lot of people wrongly assume that digital will cost less due to less cost involved. A good example our accounts lecturer used to give was nike trainers.do people really think they cost 100£ to make? Of course they don't but nike know that people are more than willing to pay so why charge less.it is often a misconception that companies base their prices on costs or profit margins but it is almost always the case that the price is determined by what people are willing to pay. And yes, nintendo account system is archaic, I hope they adopt sony's way because their system is fantastic.

Vriess

Vriess said:

Too bad the Cold cold heart DLC for Arkham Origins isn't available on the Wii U otherwise I would have bought the game. I'll get it on Steam during one of those crazy sales.

@Ninhau
Very true. I'm making use of the discount because I bought the VC SNES version but the digital version is still too expensive. It should be cheaper considering that there aren't any packaging costs and except for hosting the download servers, hardly any distribution costs either. Digital games cost that much because Nintendo don't want to alienate the retailers by undercutting them. By the time that publishers go completely digital, then the consumers have gotten used to the high digital prices... It's a somewhat dirty business, isn't it?

smikey

smikey said:

Zelda for me will never buy retail games on e-shop Mario kart 8 only cost me £60 from uk Nintendo store & I get all the extra collector items to go with it.
Will pick up the badgers game eventually as I buy all the e-shop games but in no rush for it at all if I got it now wouldn't play it for months anyway

MAB

MAB said:

If you like poor performance when playing HD games then go physical... It's a good thing I waited a while before purchasing both Batman games, MK8 has been put on the backburner now ;)

ULTRA-64

ULTRA-64 said:

The batman games are tempting but no cheaper than physical which digital should ALWAYS be in my opinion (also, an option to buy all 3 batman games on Wii u chaper as a bundle would be nice) . I would consider mk8 as my first dl retail game but the price is not better and there are countless options to get a freebie if you pre order. I'm suprised there are not additional rewards for going digital. I've actually been shopping on the Wii store allot lately, getting the gems I missed, especially the ones that are wiimote only while I've got a cast on my thumb =(

rjejr

rjejr said:

I don't see the point in WB offering all their games on sale this week, are people really spending a lot on other games w/ MK8 coming out? There was hardly anything on Wii U the past few MONTHS, that may have been a better time sales.

That €59.99 / £49.99 split seems pretty fair, but that would compare to US $85, not ideal for you guys. Though I will pay $5 tax on my $60 in NY to $65. But I'll take my free physical Wii U Wheel and a disc over DL any day.

edit: so, um, after my diatribe against WB, I decided I will be DLing Minnish Cap first. May not be for a few months, but it will technically be the first game I DL from that list, and it's coming out the day before Nintendo offers WW HD free w/ MK8. Still seems like bad timing though.

PJR0cks

PJR0cks said:

@rjejr
yeah very bad timing on the sales. all this time since February and now they go on sale.
I was wondering who makes the decisions, was it WB's idea to put it's games on sale the same week MK8 is coming out?

NintendoFan990

NintendoFan990 said:

I'm getting a physical copy of Mario Kart 8 instead and I'll get Minish Cap later, so nothing for me this week.

ArcanineArco

ArcanineArco said:

I bought the Mario Kart 8 Special Edition from Nintendo directly, but I am also buying Zelda: Minish Cap! :)

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

D&D:CoM is at a great price.

I hope more people buy it and go online! I need more people to play online with!

mystman12

mystman12 said:

Good to see Coaster Creator finally released in EU! Definitely a good game for anyone interested in it. I even enjoyed the campaign, which most people viewed as a chore more than anything. I hope this means NA will get the patch soon.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

@norwichred I can't see it being any less. I am tempted because like you say, I will never trade MK8 at any point and I also get the SMK discount. I am a bit worried that the digital version might not run as well as the disc too. I also worry that Amazon or GAME might steal my club nintendo points and free game!

I have a choice between W101, Game and Wario, MH3 and Wii U Party. Really don't know what to go for.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Just a physical copy of Mario Kart 8 for me this week, limited edition with the Blue Shell...getting it from the Nintendo site with a free Bullet Bill T Shirt and Red Shell keyring :)

I downloaded Resi Evil: The Mercenaries 3D onto my 3DS during the big sale last Xmas, I'm sure it was cheaper than that last time it was discounted?

Varoennauraa

Varoennauraa said:

Scram Kitty and Mario Kart 8 for me.

Damn Capcom;
update the Revelations with Wiimote and/or Gyro controls, and I pay twice as much.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

@unrandomsam it's Nintendo. I wouldn't put it past them to find a way to make it run better from a disc than from flash memory and then still charge more for the inferior version. I would like to see digital foundry compare both versions.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Mario Kart 8 download all the way! It's technically the second cheapest option in Australia when you account for all the promos. Throw in a free game and there should be no complaining about the price. I'm on the fence about buying the Minish Cap since I already have it for free on my 3DS.

Beta

Beta said:

@shigulicious But they say that the world is much bigger in Origins and the main story mode is around 24 hours (without the sidequests) and that City is half that content, is that true?

Game-Over

Game-Over said:

Obviously with Mario Kart being released everyone is happy this week even though outsIde of Mario kart it's another pretty poor week for the Wii U VC and like that Mario Kart comes with a pretty hefty download price tag. Although Mario Kart is an expensive download i do think that digital download is the way to go, it's great to have the option and instance of purchasing a new game from the comfort of ur own home

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Wowzers! So many discounts! Definitely going to pickup Lego Batman 2 & maybe even Batman Armoured Edition. But of course before all that a download of MK8 is the absolutely first thing I will get :D

AVahne

AVahne said:

@outburst
I'm gonna do the opposite: STICK WITH PHYSICAL. For such a high profile release such as this, don't take the risk of buying eShop digital until Ninty has an account system in place.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@rjejr

it is probably perfect timing for them. I am betting they did this so that when the sales still suck even when there are good deals, they can blame nintendo saying that people don't want to support them even if their games are on sale. This would justify their reasoning for not supporting the Wii U even more and then they would have "merit" to drop it altogether.

3DSfan134

3DSfan134 said:

Usually I comment from the North American Nintendo Download, but for me I love discounts and MK8 will be the perfect gift for my birthday(Which is in May 30, the day it releases.)

santaglause

santaglause said:

why all these discounts on mario kart week, thats not good i would have got all the batmans at that price! but not this week mk8 is the only thing in my radar!

Kiz3000

Kiz3000 said:

@XyVoX @unrandomsam Woah. Since when has CDkeys been offering Nintendo download codes? I remember visiting them a few times to pick up some eShop credit, but they never did any Nintendo products and so I had to use GameCodesNow. Glad to see GAME have some competition in this now.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@ikki5 They are still about twice the price of a hard copy. (From e.g The Game Collection).

Bet Nintendo gets lots of complaints from people who buy two or more and cannot fit it on the flash.

MussakkuLaden

MussakkuLaden said:

Great week!
I'm still not sure if I buy MK8 (I mean if I do, not as a download but retail) soon, as I don't really have time to play it this summer. The promotion and the possibility to thus get Zelda HD for free would be the only reason for me. So in the end it depends on the price at which I can find the retail version.
In case I postpone the purchase, I will surely get Minish Cap soon!! One of the titles I was really waiting for.
Oh, but first I must finish that boring Mario & Luigi...

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Has anybody played the Steam and Wii U versions of Chronicles of Mystara (The Steam one I think is really buggy). Are people actually using the online on the Wii U version ?

pukka-pie

pukka-pie said:

Minish Cap and Mario Kart. Wow, great week. And my freeeeeeee copy of Monster Hunter to get stuck into. Some great sales too!

pukka-pie

pukka-pie said:

@unrandomsam I've got it on the Wii U and haven't noticed any bugs at all. The biggest problem with that game is the lack of consequence when you die. Sadly whenever i've tried to play online it's been dead, same with Injustice which is a shame.

faint

faint said:

@rjejr I actually think they believe the wiiu will have a big sales boost this week. The new adopters will be forced into the shop to get their free game and will start poking around only to see a sale button that uncovers a wall of batman

millarrp

millarrp said:

I hope some of these discounts come to North America. I wouldn't mind picking up a couple of the games, specifically Injustice: Gods Among Us and SF4.

andregurov

andregurov said:

I hope those discounts carry over to the North American Wii U eShop. I could use some Arkham Origins in my life for that price!

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

There are some nuce discounts there that I'd like to see on NA. Maybe I'll finally pick Arkham City or Injustice if they come here.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@outburst physical over digital, any day of the week! Especially when there's collector's editions for games I'd never sell.

Miss_Dark

Miss_Dark said:

I already ordered mario kart and I dont have money now for zelda:P but I'll eventually get minish cap

memoryman3

memoryman3 said:

Mario Kart + LEGO Batman discount= good week. If Watch_Dogs came in time then it would be a phenomenal week. Sigh....

MajinSoul

MajinSoul said:

Minish Cap was okay, but rather short + I have it on 3DS already. MK8 LE is preordered already and WB won't get any money from me. So no download for me this week, unless the free game you get by registering MK8 counts, which would be WW HD for me.

electrolite77

electrolite77 said:

@norwichred

An MK8 download code is £39.99 from GAME. The Super Mario Kart download is only £5 on there too

Linkus

Linkus said:

What an amazing week! Mario kart, Zelda and Batman wii u games at discount. Hmm expensive week also!

rjejr

rjejr said:

@faint - Yeah your right that makes sense for new Wii U owners who will be going to the eShop for the free game. And I think they will be pleasantly surprised w/ Wii U compared to Wii shopping. I think I like Wii U eShop is even better than the remade PSN store on PS3.

paul6891

paul6891 said:

Downloading loading mario kart for sure, I've got a unused nintendo network promotional code i'll be putting to good use. Also interested in cheap batman, having never played one. Are they worth me downloading???

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Whoa, those e-Shop discounts sound awesome. May finally give Injustice a go, since we're sorely lacking another decent, non-Virtual Console brawler on Wii U right now.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Even after the discount, you can still find Mario Kart 8 for cheaper at retail.

joey302

joey302 said:

I NEVER buy digital unless NOT available retail especially with Nintendo's account structure but furthermore why kill 5-6 gig on your hard drive? Also next week at least when I bring MK8 to my brothers house I can just pop it in....can't get that feature from a download boys!

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

@Angelic_Lapras_King

I think the VC Super Mario Kart discount only applies to the download version of Mario Kart 8. That was the only thing that was tempting me to get the download of MK8, but the Blue Shell Limited Edition with Bullet Bill t-shirt and red shell keyring was more tempting in the end.

Windy

Windy said:

Nice game sale! Hope everyone enjoys MarioKart 8 I'm skipping this round. I rarely played my MarioKart 7

mastermp2

mastermp2 said:

@paul6891
Having played Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham city (I have yet to play Origins) I have to tell you, they are amazing games and the definitive Batman experience

If you are interested I suggest buying Batman Arkham City since it comes with all the DLC

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

Sweet! I hope Minish Cap makes it to the US eShop this week. That'd be a hoot! And the 3DS gets 2 titles this week! Not bad =)

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

Side note, Toys R Us (in the US, at least) has a nice deal on Mario Kart 8. If you pre-order it you can get any 2nd Wii U title at 40% off. Throw in the digital title you get free for registering MK8 on Club Nintendo and that's a pretty sweet deal. Just passing it along.

Yosher

Yosher said:

Aaaagh, get here sooner, Friday! Can we please skip Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday?

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@joey302 Why not if you have the space. The user experience is better with digital.

Especially for people who intend to play it until the next one comes out (When whatever you might get for the old one is basically nothing). No changing disks no drive noise.

JCnator

JCnator said:

The Mysterious Murasame Castle seems to be interesting for me, yet I'm not a European and want it to arrive on Wii U VC instead. It basically looks like the gameplay is based on Zelda, but with a faster pace and much tougher difficulty. Hardcore Gaming 101 has this covered, so you might as well read it to see more details about the game.

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

Should these deals be available in NA, I'd be skipping MK8 and Gravity Badgers and finally picking up Injustice and RE: Revelations on top of Minish Cap. Regardless, I'll be getting at least 2 games (3 with the discount, 2 with Gravity Badgers if no discounts).
I traded an NES GBA SP with Minish Cap, Superstar Saga, Mario Advance 1 and 3, Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission for a 600$, reversed blade katana, a 40 year old sword made by an 7th generation swordsmith.
Needless to say, I still have the sword, love Rurouni Kenshin and miss that GBA SP fiercely. It took me four tries to beat Vaati and close to 60 hearts to beat his castle, but that game stands as my favorite GBA game of all time.
It's a phenomenal action RPG and the perfect precursor to a round of A Link Between Worlds.
Sometimes Nintendo loses when they give others control of their titles, but as Squaresoft, Capcom, Rare and Retro have shown, sometimes it's best to trust a great developer to make a great game.
Personally, I'd love a Nintendo RPG game, in the vein of the original Mario RPG with character models by Square Enix (they do some great character modelling), story by Atlus' Persona guys, cutscenes and script by Working Designs (or whoever the main guys from that team work under now) and gameplay by Monolith / Working Designs.
Just one big collage of awesome by the virtue of teamwork!

KeatonTS

KeatonTS said:

getting the physical copy of Mario cart. the past few games i've been getting digital downloads because i didn't live near a game store while I was in college, im taking advantage of this

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano said:

Decided on just retail rather than retail and digital on the assumption that E3 won't be a disappointment (assuming that if I get both then Double Dash, the best MK game now that Wii's online is gone will be announced for Wii U VC).

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Very tempted by Arkham City with that price. Not really caring about Batman holds me back, though. I have to think it's better than Darksiders II, right? What a disappointment that was in the end...

Peach64

Peach64 said:

Do Nintendo allow publishers to set sale prices? Because PSN is also having a Batman sale and the prices are a lot better. Maybe Nintendo takes a bigger cut than Sony so they can't go as low?

Arkham City is £3.99, Injustice is £5.99 or £7.99 for all the DLC edition, Origins £10.99 and Lego Batman 2 is £5.99. Further 10% off if you have PS+.

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

@Sean_Aaron I just bought the game from the eShop(midnight launch) and it says as long as you don't register the code before 10am on Club nintendo you will still get the free game so if you are still awake then go for it! Mine is downloading now!

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Right, but download registration happens when? When you download the game or launch the game? I've never had to manually register anything with Club Nintendo when I've downloaded - it's just automatic! Still if they're doing a midnight launch themselves....