Feature: The Biggest Wii U Games of 2013 - Spring Edition

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Time for a few changes

At the start of the year we published our Biggest Wii U games of 2013 feature, sharing some of the exciting releases set for Nintendo's latest home console. That list included some titles that are now available, and also some "before 31st March" predictions that have come and gone — those due to drop out due to imminent or recent release are LEGO City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Runner 2 and Toki Tori 2.

So, it's time for an update.

We do feel that there are a number of exciting games on the way that are either confirmed or likely to arrive in 2013. We've listed our updated choices below, alongside some honorable mentions. Based on Nintendo's enthusiasm and level of announcements for Wii U games since our original list, we expect that the following ten won't be our final choice this year.

Pikmin 3 — Due Q2

Keeping its place on our list, Pikmin 3 has been on a number of wishlists for too many years, with rumour and speculation in the past even tying it to a Wii release. The predominant control scheme of Wii Remote and Nunchuk certainly suggests that this was once on the cards, but a number of fans are likely to be relishing the chance to dive into a new experience with the extra bells and whistles on offer with Wii U. We still expect a Q2 release, though no firm date has been set.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD — Due Fall 2013

When this HD remake of the GameCube classic was unveiled, we suspect a lot of hearts fluttered. While an all-new Zelda title for Wii U is unsurprisingly a while away, the prospect of replaying this one in HD, and with GamePad enhancements, is exciting for fans of the game and those that are yet to enjoy its delights. Remakes aren't always the answer to a potentially quiet release window, but we suspect this one will go down rather well.

Rayman Legends — 13th September (NA)

We had this down for March at the start of the year, but then Ubisoft infamously switched the game to a multi-platform release and delayed the Wii U version for a co-ordinated distribution. Despite that controversy, this still looks like the fantastic platformer it always has been, while the GamePad's capabilities will naturally provide unique gameplay opportunities. Demo and preview builds look and sound stunning, while Wii U owners are supposed to receive a Challenge Mode exclusively, and for free, in April.

Game and Wario — TBA 2013

This is a game that's had less focus and attention than some others — which we believed was supposed to arrive in Q1 — and fully expect it to arrive this year (it's already out in Japan). Taking its cue from the manic and cult-favourite WarioWare series, this will serve up a number of mini-games that should take advantage of the control options provided by the GamePad, as well as provide plenty of frantic and wacky moments. If it's done right it could be a party classic for those with quick reflexes and a sense of humour.

The Wonderful 101 — TBA 2013

This one is a bit like Pikmin, but with some Platinum Games madness and superheroes fighting giant mechs. It didn't get a showcase moment like Pikmin 3 at E3 2012, but this title deserves to be on every Wii U owner's radar, with its chaotic brand of action and intuitive use of the touch screen for move selection boding well. If preview builds are anything to go by this will offer some truly epic and gorgeous action strategy gaming, and its presence at PAX East recently is encouraging our hopes for a Q2 release.

Bayonetta 2 — TBA 2013

If Nintendo was hoping to cause a shock when it unveiled this title as an exclusive in a Nintendo Direct broadcast last year, it seemed to succeed. While Bayonetta wasn't necessarily a commercial smash — which may explain one of the reasons why SEGA dropped out from publishing the sequel and put the project in jeopardy — its intense action and sense of style did earn some critical praise and a passionate following. Nintendo stepped in to publish and get exclusivity, prompting quite a backlash throughout the online gaming community, with some using words such as betrayal and others even saying they'd buy a Wii U just for the sequel. We'll see whether excitable online comments convert to sales when Platinum Games gets this one finished, which is certainly expected this year.

Watch_Dogs — TBA 2013

When Watch_Dogs was first shown at E3 2012, its impressive visuals and busy city environment caused much speculation in terms of which systems would get the title. The answer is simple — most of them. Alongside PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360 releases will be a Wii U version, making this Ubisoft title one of the highest-profile multi-platform titles set for Nintendo's console later this year. With interesting mechanics, technological manipulation and whizz-bang Triple A-esque features on display, this looks like a candidate for the Holiday season. Considering the current hype, we at least expect it to hit in 2013.

Yarn Yoshi — TBA

One of a number of games announced during the Wii U Direct extravaganza from earlier this year, this takes one of Nintendo's more adorable mascots and gives him the yarn treatment, which worked to wonderful effect with Kirby's Epic Yarn. No release window was given, but considering the number of screens released, some brief footage and the fact that it's a twist on an engine that's already been used on Wii, it wouldn't surprise us if this arrives before 2013 is finished.

Shovel Knight — September 2013

We're now taking a step back to some choice download options, starting with a successful Kickstarter campaign from Yacht Club Games, which is comprised of former WayForward team members. The Kickstarter fundraising has a short time to go at the time of writing, but its success has already ensured that the game is coming to both the Wii U and 3DS eShops, as well as PC. It's a retro-themed action-platformer that looks to have gorgeous bit-style visuals and music, and the footage and previews already in the wild look fantastic.

DuckTales Remastered — Summer 2013

Announced at PAX East, this collaboration between Capcom and WayForward Technologies came way out of left-field, as this looks set to be a multi-platform download-only remastering of the NES classic. We can expect the developers to add their own twists while following the classic mechanics, and considering the fact that the original is one of the most treasured 8-bit games out there, we can't wait to see whether this is a worthy modern-day follow-up.

This list, of course, could have included a lot of other games. Honorable mentions should go to Monolith Soft's 'X' and Mario Kart U, both of which arguably seem likely for this year; then there are those that we expect in 2014 — including 3D Mario, no less — which aren't listed. Even in making this list we had to exclude some exciting small developer's upcoming projects, as well as some big-hitting retail titles. There's plenty on the way this year.

As always we want to know what you think. You can vote for your favourite in the poll below, or let us know what's pushing your buttons in the comments section.

What's your most anticipated Wii U game of 2013? (623 votes)

Pikmin 3

23%

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

24%

Rayman Legends

Game and Wario

The Wonderful 101

Bayonetta 2

Watch_Dogs

Yarn Yoshi

Shovel Knight

DuckTales Remastered

My choice isn't on the list

Please login to vote in this poll.

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

Kinda sad when of all these, I'm most excited for the remake of a 20+ year old classic, Duck Tales!

sgotsch

sgotsch said:

Wario, Bayonetta, Yoshi, Pikmin, 101, WW.
The others when the price is right. :D

ABoyXG

ABoyXG said:

I´m waiting for Bayonetta 2, then Watch Dogs and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD.

snax007

snax007 said:

With no news or Nintendo-hype about Pikmin 3, it looks more and more like it will be delayed to the fall. Sadly.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@snax007 I wouldn't be so sure, as Miyamoto kept talking about it in his US press tour. Look at Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D being announced for next month, sometimes the big N gives a date within a couple of months of arrival.

Ryno

Ryno said:

I would've voted Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara but it wasn't a choice and that is why I voted My choice isn't on the list.

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

Looks like the WiiU will go at least one year without a game I consider a must-have. Rayman Legends looks good but I'm skeptical about the gimmicky use of the tablet.

gohanrage

gohanrage said:

I want to Double Dip with Wind Waker HD. I hope they include the dungeons they removed from the GameCube Version

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

WWHD and Pikmin 3. I don't know whether or not they've officially included the timer again in Pikmin 3, but I hope not. It kind of robs the game of replay value when you can't explore at will and take things slow. If you finish the game, all you can do is start over. I want it to be like Pikmin 2.

nocode

nocode said:

The Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 convinced me to buy the wii u in the first place... give us release dates already!

Kohaku

Kohaku said:

I wait for Mario Kart. It is playable at the E3 so it must be possible for the end of the year.

DarkAngel_17

DarkAngel_17 said:

Where's Resident Evil: Revelations? That's my most wanted game of the year. Then Wind Waker, then Watchdogs

Beta

Beta said:

Game and Wario
Wind Waker HD
The Wonderful 101/Pikmin 3
Ducktales Remastered
Those are my To-Buy list so far ^_^

PK_Wonder

PK_Wonder said:

There is a tough three-way tie for first place: The Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, Watch_Dogs. I'll probably get every game on the list except for Game and Wario.

The only confirmed game I would add to this list is Assassin's Creed IV. I may be in the minority when saying III is BY FAR my favorite game in the franchise, but IV looks like it's adding to that excellence even further. My next Wii U purchase will definitely be Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

Sad to think the list can't get to 10 full retail games. I would add Injustice: Gods Among Us to the list and was a reason for buying a Wii U in the first place. But I would say I'm likely to purchase Pikmin, Zelda, 101, Bayonetta, possibly Yoshi and Duck Tales (if I can be bothered to use the e-shop).

Rayman would have been on the list but... well, a large percentage of us have the same thoughts on that game.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

bayonetta 2, windwaker, yarn yoshi, wonderful 101, pikmin 3, watch dogs, game and wario, duck tales in that order for me. funny a lot of people say the wii U has no good games coming out when this article proves otherwise.

astros75

astros75 said:

Great variety of games for the WiiU this year! Pikmin 3 looks absolutely amazing and is my most anticipated title, but every game in this article is on my wishlist!

rjejr

rjejr said:

I read the title as "Biggest WiiU Games of Spring 2013 Ed." so was extra disappointed when I read the list.

I'll cut Nintendo some slack as I fall into the "no console has a great line-up at launch" camp, but it's been about 6 months now and I'm getting depressed. I know it's probably just my imagination but it FEELS like the PS4 has more announced games coming out this year than WiiU does, though a few of those games will be on WiiU as well. Maybe Nintendo is putting all it's eggs in 1 basket at E3 but that might not be the best idea. I still think Pikmin 3 is Sept. and I don't see Bayonetta 2 in 2013. Yoshi's Yarn Planet will be out for the holidays, and probably Mario Kart, which will be either HD 7 or HD Wii ed. I'm not expecting any big changes.

I know this list was written as reasons to be a happy WiiU owner in 2013 but from the perspective of someone who doesn't own 1 yet, without some actual dates it more of a list of reasons to wait to buy 1. Sad but true.

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

I've been waiting for Pikmin 3 for about seven or eight years now (along with quite a few other people around here, I'm sure). I'm also pretty excited about Wind Waker HD, and Watch_Dogs looks like it has a lot of potential.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

1. Game & Wario
2. Yarn Yoshi
3. Ducktales Remastered
4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
5. Pikmin 3
It's really puzzling that NOA is so quiet about a release date for Game & Wario. All they have to do is translate it, and it's not like it's Animal Crossing.

Romeo

Romeo said:

from that list, i'll be getting:

Zelda Wind Waker HD
DuckTales Remastered

maybe:

Pikmin 3
Yarn Yoshi
Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2
Watch Dogs

i don't know what else might be coming out this year, but i would obviously immediately buy a new Zelda Wii U, Super Smash Bros., 3D Mario, Mario Kart Wii U, etc.
and maybe Deus Ex + Dungeons and Dragons VC

Peach64

Peach64 said:

Pikmin 3 is my most wanted out of those, but I'm still not convinced it's coming in Q2. If it does, I think it's just going to squeeze in during the last week of June. I'm not expecting Yarn Yoshi to be 2013 either. I really don't think Nintendo wanted to reveal that yet, but the low sales of the console made them panic and put together that Nintendo direct. Same for the Monolith game. I cannot see that being anywhere near 2013. Probably 2014 for Japan, maybe end of 2014 for the West, or even later.

LDXD

LDXD said:

Believe it or not my most anticipated game is shovel knight
But im very much looking forward to bayonetta 2, pikman 3, watch dogs, and of course zelda ww hd. Didn't even know anything about yarn yoshi till just now so i guess I'll be looking forward to that too ohh and no doubt duck tales remastered!

Unoquazin

Unoquazin said:

I get a Syphony of the Night/Super Metroid/Mega Man vibe from Shovel Knight. Easily my most anticipated game of the year, followed closely by Wonderful 101 (it's so... Viewtiful Joe) and Watch_Dogs. These games have me completely pumped for the rest of the year. I'd encourage more donations to Shovel Knight to enhance the final product even further. I'd do it, but I've already given 200 dollars to the cause.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

Pikmin 3, W 101, Bayonetta, Yarn Yoshi, Watch_Dogs, Rayman, Game & Wario, WW HD(because it's a remake), Duck Tales, Shovel Knight.

All these games look pretty awesome. I voted Pikmin 3.

Fudgewhizzle

Fudgewhizzle said:

Pikmin 3, because it's fresh and I've been waiting for it for ages. Although the Wind Waker remake comes in as a close second. Simply because I loved the game on GameCube and it's probably one of the most fun Zelda's I've played (and I've played pretty much all of them :P )

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

Duck Tales HD, Game & Wario, Yarn Yoshi & Rayman Legends (I must be the only one still buying this, all considered).

Sinister

Sinister said:

Was a tough choice between Pikmin and Ducktales. In the end Pikmin got my vote.

advance_melee

advance_melee said:

I would be more excited for Pikmin 3 if it wasn't a timed game like Pikmin 1

Pikmin 2 was vastly superior to th original with new pikmin, plenty of time to explore and 2 player modes.

Im sad they are making the 3rd like Pikmin 1

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

I hope Pikmin 3 plays like the Pikmin game in Nintendoland. That game was really good.

deKay

deKay said:

Oh man - Rayman from hyped to nobody cares. What a difference a delay makes.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

@deKay
The delay shouldn't even matter to real fans of the game. I wasn't even planning on getting it before the delay, but I'm considering it now.

Rafie

Rafie said:

2013 looks good for the Wii U....and I KNOW 2014 is going to erase a WHOLE lot of doubt from everyone.

PokeMario

PokeMario said:

How long is Nintendo going to take to announce a release date for Wii Fit U? Their website still says it will be out in the Launch Window, but that's already over. I'm actually really looking forward to this game.

SuperSNESLiam

SuperSNESLiam said:

Wasn't Smash Bros going to come out this year? Maybe not. That is my most anticipated Wii U game though.

Daz-brum

Daz-brum said:

What about kickstarter 80's racer coming to WiiU i backed a PCdisc but will def be buying this for WiiU

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'm pretty confident that Yarn Yoshi will release in 2013, and I think even the 3D Mario and Mario Kart U have a chance for this holiday season since it was a 3D Mario and a Mario Kart that boosted the 3DS to success. Nintendo might want to do that again for Wii U.

seronja

seronja said:

the thing is, i will get all of these games mentioned above, only i will pick game & wario used or on discount next year since i'm not a fan of party games even tho warioware is one of the top party games out there... i will also pick up deus ex since i sold my ps3 copy of the game just to get the wii u version when it arrives... and to pick my #1 most anticipated wii u game is very hard, but in all honesty i think i want bayonetta 2 the most of all mentioned above, i loved bayonetta for the ps3 and i do hope that bayonetta 2 will improve the things i liked about the first game and perhaps fix the frame rate issues i had ( xbox360 version didn't have this problem but from the start i didn't know about that so i got it for ps3 like every other 3rd party game )... i hope next year platinum and nintendo could work out for vanquish 2 to be exclusive for wii u?

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

huh, pikmin 3 and wind waker HD are about tied and leading the list. though, WW is indeed a great game despite it's age.

NinGamer85

NinGamer85 said:

Imo mario kart has to come this year and honestly I love nsmb but its been a long time since galaxy 2...I need my 3d mario.

NinGamer85

NinGamer85 said:

I also think this is about half the list...e3 is coming and I already count about 200 hours in games that are on the list.

TimoteiWest

TimoteiWest said:

All of them bar Shovel Knight and Watch_Dogs, and that's mostly because Watch_Dogs is a PC purchase for me, more than likely.

Lord knows when we're going to see that 3D Mario, the next true Zelda, Smash Brothers and Mario Kart though. Those are far more anticipated.

cyberman67

cyberman67 said:

I am a proud Wii U owner since one week. Which give me the choice from a few good games right now, like "Batman" or "Darksiders 2". Future buys will be: "Wind Waker", "Pikmin 3", "Ducktales", "Deus Ex", "Resident Evil Revelations". And then there is the rumored "Mario Kart Wii U"...

AtomicToaster

AtomicToaster said:

Thats plenty for me to play I wish we were getting sudas game this year! Why not throw in deus ex isn't that this year?

Exile20

Exile20 said:

@Mahe Make Wii Party U online with leaderboards and what not and make Wii Fit U as social as possible with as much miiverse interactions as possible and they will be a hit.

Kirk

Kirk said:

That list is ok for what it is but Wii U needs a lot more games, period, be it first party games, big name AAA third party titles or even indie games.

DrSlump

DrSlump said:

Comeon do not encourage them to make... remakes! We must pretend new ip and new games! My choses goes to Wonderfull 101 and Bayonetta2.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

I voted Pikmin 3 for President, or Prime Minister, or whatever... but most of those games are cool. LoZ:WW HD, Bayonetta 2, and Yarn Yoshi are for sure purchases. If I get Watch_Dogs, which I probably will, I'll get it for Wii U too. I think DuckTales Remastered and ShovelKnight or no doubt eShop games to boot.

nilcam

nilcam said:

I have to go with The Wonderful 101. That game screams fun and was the deciding factor in my Wii U purchase.

I'm torn on the Wind Waker remake. If they fix the search for the Triforce near the end, I'll be happy. not only was that not fun, it killed all momentum the game had built up.

Lin1876

Lin1876 said:

I've waited for nine years for Pikmin 3, so it has to be that. Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2, Rayman and Watch Dogs are all shaping up very nicely too.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Big time Platinum fan here so "The Wonderful 101" and "Bayonetta 2" for me. a new "F-Zero" would imminently shift my priorities, tough...

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Yarn Yoshi and DuckTales remastered are the ones I'm looking forward to but first I have to get a Wii U. Probably won't get one until my birthday in October

Emaan

Emaan said:

I'm really looking forward to Pikmin 3 and Game & Wario. Followed by Yarn Yoshi and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. Of course, Shovel Knight and DuckTales Remastered look amazing as well! :D

Wodkalime14

Wodkalime14 said:

For me the must haves in this order: 1. Pikmin 2. Yoshi 3. Zelda WW HD 4. Watch dogs. And of course a new 3D mario! Oh and maybe 101....

LonDonE

LonDonE said:

@WingedFish lol at Nintendo an the supposed wii u launch window! its crazy that after alll these months we still dont even have a solid release date for pikmin, which in my opinion was a bad mistake on Nintendos part, pikmn 3 should have been a launch game as it was intended to be!

LonDonE

LonDonE said:

@DePapier lol me too!! its pointless to show us mario 3d for wii u, an smash brothers, an mario kart, if we wont get at the very least 3d mario for Christmas on wii u, my wii u cries out to me every time i look at it, she so badly want some loving an a bit of action lol i have been praying everyday that retro studios will unveil the secret game an engine they have been working on for wii u, an also i have been praying that its a 3d matroid game, ala metroid prime, because i can think of no other developer to shut the mouths of the doubters,an show everybody that the wii u is a powerful piece of kit, an can blow us away with a hd metroid game!

swordx

swordx said:

I'm most excited for X. WW is amazing, but I (generally) don't buy remakes UNLESS they have extra content, which I've yet to see.

PONGbyATARI

PONGbyATARI said:

I would really love to see some release dates. I hope everything doesn't all launch at the same time late in the year.

I-U

I-U said:

Is Shovel Knight releasing publicly or is it just for those who have donated to the project? I'm a little surprised that the new 3D Mario isn't on this list, and will be even more surprised if it actually doesn't release this year. TBDs need to get their dates.

kobe1724

kobe1724 said:

Do any of you find it a bit sad that the most anticipated Wii U release (according to these voters) is a remake of an old game? Don't get me wrong; I love Wind Waker and definitely plan to buy it, but the fact that it's the most wanted Wii U game of 2013 is a bit depressing.

OdnetninAges

OdnetninAges said:

Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends and The Wonderful 101 will be first for me.

I'm still not sure if I want Shovel Knight on Wii U or 3DS yet, though.

And I'll get Yarn Yoshi and Mario Kart U when they eventually release.

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

Pikmin 3, Wind Waker and 3D Mario for me. I think the next mario is coming sooner than people think. I think it comes holiday 2013. Ninty knows it cant go into the holiday season against PS4 and 720 without a mario game that really shows off what wii u can do. If they dont know that, they've already lost the next gen console race before it starts.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Good job Ubisoft

You had one of the most anticipated games coming out for the Wii U, now it's getting beaten by a remake of (an admittedly awesome) 20 year old game.

I voted Wind Waker, but if I could vote twice the second would be DuckTales

fregrold

fregrold said:

People are definitely still pissed at Ubisoft. I would have Rayman, but now I'm most excited about Pikmin, new Zelda, new Ducktales, and Yarn Yoshi.

strongest_link

strongest_link said:

Pikmin, Wind Waker, and 101 are at the top of my list, though I'm almost definitely getting Rayman Legends, Yarn Yoshi, and Duck Tales, and both Boyonetta and Watch Dogs have my attention. I think Mario Kart U deserved to be on the list, but I suppose there wasn't much to say about it as we haven't seen a single screen for it yet...

McGruber

McGruber said:

Pikmin 3 for me. Also pretty excited for Watch Dogs, but I don't think most of that list are coming out this spring...

biglittlejake

biglittlejake said:

Really surprised more people have not picked or mentioned Wind Waker. Wind Waker is the game I am most excited about, I played it so many times. I would say it is 2nd best Zelda right after Ocarina. Before Wind Waker comes out, I will get Pikmin 3, Yarn Yoshi, and Duck Tales.

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

Never got to experience the original wind waker so it goes without saying that that's my most anticipated title! And hopefully I'll be able to play watch dogs. To me it feels as if ubisoft put that on wii u as a kind of apology for rayman.

TotalHenshin

TotalHenshin said:

@VALERHU They did mention X in the honorable mentions, but I'd say X, Bayoneeta 2, and Yarn Yoshi, are all very likely not coming in 2013, especially the first 2 if only due to the localization process alone.

SEGAGAGA

SEGAGAGA said:

Looking forward to hop on the wii u train later this year, depending on the PS4/720 launch games. (main reason to buy PS4: Gran turismo 6 / Xbox720: Forza motorsport 5)

1 Project CARS (if it makes 2013)
2 Yarn Yoshi
3 Pikmin 3
4 Mario Kart
5 DuckTales Remastered
6 Shovel Knight

out now
LEGO City: Undercover
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Toki Tori 2

Oscarsome

Oscarsome said:

None of these games are that appealing. Where's the real OOMPH or BAM? We've got remakes, sequels and the same old (Wario and Kirby's Epic Yarn, but now a palette switch?) I want to see something exciting! The Wonderful 101 is the only somewhat creative software on there. But something tells me it may be a flop.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Windwaker! However, I'll prob get all those except Bayo 2 and Watch Dogs and including Injustice, Wii U Party, Wii Fit U and MK U.

NINTENBOY

NINTENBOY said:

The only ones in that list I really want honestly is Beynetta 2, Wind Waker HD and Watch Dogs but if the Wii U gets GTA5 and Destiny (I wouldn't hold my breath on it) that will change everything.

ultrasann

ultrasann said:

Super Smash Bros. 4 is where my excitement lies. There are titles in this list I am pretty amped about too, but SSB4 takes the opinionated Schroedus cake.

crispychicken

crispychicken said:

This sucks. I completely forgot/didn't know most of these were coming out this year and I was literally planning on getting them all. gulp Goodbye cash, I hardly knew ye!

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Right now we could had just been playing Rayman Legends. Screw UbiSoft for making us wait this long as if the launch period isn't enough.

Luffy

Luffy said:

if nintendo adds the 2 dungeons they took out of windwaker due to time 10 years ago then i'd pay about 150 for the game. I loved ww that much and to get a complete HD version of it is like well...money doesn't matter lets say at that point.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Watch_Dogs and DuckTales are the two I'm looking forward to most. But I plan on getting DuckTales for 360 and Watch_Dogs will be a PS4 or next Xbox purchase. Of the Wii U exclusives, Yarn Yoshi seems pretty cool.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

Of everything mentioned here, I'm looking forward to:
1. Pikmin 3
2. LoZ:WW HD
3. Rayman Legends
4. Game & Wario
5. Yoshi's Epic Yarn
6. Shovel Knight
7. DuckTales Re-mastered
8. MarioKart U-Turn
9. Monolith's "X"
10. Super Mario Universe

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

@hcfwesker Ditto that, brother. But it was a real hard choice for me, because I am very much looking forward to Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, The Wonderful 101, and Rayman Legends.

snax007

snax007 said:

@ThomasBW84 Myamoto is talking about it since he is working on it, but Nintendo are very quiet about it and not releasing any new footage or info. And there is no date for it yet - only a vague "Q2 2013" promise. If it was actually coming soon, they would have announced a date.
I hope I'm wrong though.

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

What happened to Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?
What do EB Games know that nobody else seems to?
Or did I place the earliest pre-order I've ever made when I put down the deposit for it and FE:A?.... :)

Buzzthebatgirl

Buzzthebatgirl said:

The Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3, come on Ninty I'm getting sick of not having anything to play on my Wii U...

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Most excited about games not in this poll.
1. Deus Ex: Human Evolution - Director's Cut
2. Citizens of Earth
3. UnEpic
4. Assassin's Creed IV
5. Two Brothers

Neferupitou

Neferupitou said:

Anything about a Pokêmon Stadium like game for Wii U or maybe an Gale Of Darkness xD ?...just for curiosity...

Dyltheman

Dyltheman said:

a lot of great stuff here, can't pick just one to call the best! they're showing mario kart u and the new 3d game this e3 in playable form so they probably release this year too!

erv

erv said:

Pikmin, Wind Waker, Wonderful 101 perhaps, and who knows what will end up as legendary quality gaming :)

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Oooh it's neck and neck for Pikmin 3 and Windwaker HD. Of course I'm looking forward to BOTH!

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

Bayonetta 2 of course. That will be my main reason to get a Wii U. Pikmin 3, Yarn Yoshi and Wonderful 101 are cool too. I look forward to Rayman, Ducktales, and Watch Dogs, but I can get those on another console.

HaNks

HaNks said:

given their recent track record, i wouldn't put too much faith in wind waker hd being 'fall' or 2013. depends whether its more a remake or reskin. having said that, it should be a hard hitting year for wiiU, most likely from titles not shown yet like Mario Kart, Retro project and a 3D Mario if it releases.

the release date situation right now is shocking given the lack of software. nintendo badly need to get dates for games like pikmin and w101 and get them out. the whole list is pretty much TBA.

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

@I-U Shovel knight is released on both in the public and the backers (provided they ploped down enough money). Hopefully the game will have new game+.

And about the games, I don't believe that (as this time of writing) that people are more looking forward to Pikmin and Wind Waker than everything else.

I'm looking forward to every of the games out there even though i still don't have a Wiiu.

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

Out of that list Rayman Legends, out of everything announced, probably Monoliths game X if it comes out this year and Two Brothers if Monoliths new game isn't released. With that said, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was hands down my most anticipated game of 2013.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

This is an impressive lineup, no doubt. How will Wii U owners choose?? :P

Ducktales HD, Bayonetta 2 and The Wondeful 101 would be my top choices.

BennyFresh

BennyFresh said:

I played shovel knight at PAX East and talked with one of the developers. What I played of the game was rad and the team working on it is made up of people who previously worked at Wayforward. More people should be excited for Shovel Knight.

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

@hcfwesker Yeah, it's kinda sad to be such a nostalgic fanboy.
I mean--

Being completely honest, these numbers are quite...sad. I really hope more people get excited for Bayonetta 2 and Watch_Dogs...Pikmin 3 and WWHD are okay. But the second one is just a REMAKE...barely.

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

@Melkaticox don't worry, I'm all about the 3rd party support. Dues Ex, Bayonetta 2, and Watch Dogs are on my launch dat purchase list. I'm just most excited for DuckTales, it's my favorite platforming game from the NES era.

SpaceApe

SpaceApe said:

Judging from this list it is going to be a long year for Nintendo. I certainly hope they have better stuff to announce at E3.

ninja89

ninja89 said:

@SpaceApe
I agree. But I am excited for Bayonetta 2. I faith that the games are coming, people need to be patient because the Wii U is barely out of the womb and people are expecting Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash Bros., Metroid, etc. already. It also didn't help that PS4 is already looking like it has an excellent launch lineup either..

SpaceApe

SpaceApe said:

@ninja89 No doubt about the PS4. I bet that new Thief game outsells anything the Wii U has done so far. Nintendo is just not getting it right right now. They need to grow up from Zelda and Mario if they want to have a good future.

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

You might want to add Mario Kart to the list. It will be playable at E3 so I think we can expect a 2013 holiday season release.

yienwae

yienwae said:

My son is looking forward to LOZ Windwaker HD (I am too). But I am looking forward to Watchdogs.