Nintendo Download: 28th August (North America)

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

SteamWorld, The Fall, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Mega Man X3 and much more

It's that time again, North American gamers, as we learn what download treats will be joining the eShop stores today. There's plenty on offer, too, with enticing new titles on both Wii U and 3DS, alongside a range of DLC and discounts. There's a lot to consider, so let's get on with it.

Missed the European Nintendo Download Update earlier in the week? Don't panic! The details are right here.

Wii U eShop

SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form, $9.99 / $10.99CAD) — The 3DS eShop favourite finally hits the Wii U this week, with improved visuals and animation contributing to the enhancement of the excellent exploration title. With a great soundtrack and impressive gameplay hook this joins the list of must-haves on the Wii U's store, as our SteamWorld Dig review explains.

The Fall (Over The Moon, $9.99 / $9.99CAD) — Released earlier this week, this is a retro-styled 2D exploration adventure title that draws heavy inspiration from Super Metroid. We'll see whether it lives up to its potential in our upcoming review.

Wii U Virtual Console

Mega Man X3 (Capcom, $7.99 / $7.99CAD) — The final entry in Capcom's Mega Man August extravaganza, this is the first appearance of this third X title on Nintendo's Virtual Console platform, having skipped the Wii. We can expect more of the X brand moveset and stylish visuals, and we'll let you know what we think in our upcoming review.

Donkey Kong Jr. Math (Nintendo, $4.99 / $4.99CAD) — Be afraid, it's retro edutainment. It may not be the most exciting idea but can have its uses, though control issues meant we gave this a damning appraisal in our Wii Virtual Console Donkey Kong Jr. Math review; we'll crunch some numbers for another review.

Wii U DLC

Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, free) — The modern Mercedes-Benz GLA, the 300 SL Roadster from the 1950s and the legendary Silver Arrow of the 1930s will be added as available DLC following the game's update on 27th August.

Zen Pinball 2 (Zen Studio) — Details listed below, all of these tables have a free trial available.

• The Walking Dead — $2.99
  • Doctor Strange — $2.99
  • Deadpool — $2.99
  • Guardians of the Galaxy — $2.99

Wii U eShop Permanent Discount

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Ubisoft, $19.99 / $19.99CAD from 1st September, used to be $39.99 / $39.99CAD)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts — Capcom

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom, $6.75 / $6.75CAD until 4th September, normally $14.99 / $14.99CAD)

DuckTales: Remastered (Capcom, $7.49 / $7.49CAD until 4th September, normally $14.99 / $14.99CAD)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom, $15.99 / $15.99CAD until 4th September, normally $39.99 / £39.99CAD)

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, $19.99 / $19.99CAD until 4th September, normally $49.99 / $49.99CAD)

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (Capcom, $4.99 / $4.99CAD until 4th September, normally $7.99 / $7.99CAD)

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (Capcom, $4.99 / $4.99CAD until 4th September, normally $7.99 / $7.99CAD)

Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting (Capcom, $4.99 / $4.99CAD until 4th September, normally $7.99 / $7.99CAD)

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Capcom, $4.99 / $4.99CAD until 4th September, normally $7.99 / $7.99CAD)

3DS eShop

Azure Striker Gunvolt (Inti Creates, $14.99 / $15.99CAD) — There's plenty of excitement around this 2D action title, with stylish visuals, a retro style and the input of Keiji Inafune all prompting optimism. We'll get cracking on a review, while those that pick up this game also receive the spin-off Mighty Gunvolt for free.

Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter (Big John Games, $7.99 / $7.99CAD) — A follow-up to the thoroughly enjoyable DSiWare original, this is an aerial combat action title that can perhaps scratch a little of that retro-styled Star Fox itch. Solid controls and arcade fun are only a little undermined by its brevity, but we gave this a recommendation in our Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter review.

Outback Pet Rescue 3D (TREVA Entertainment, $19.99 / $19.99CAD) — You run an animal rescue station in Australia, tasked with rescuing, caring for and managing various animals from the country. It's jostling with plenty of other pet-sims / resource management titles, and we'll see whether this one makes its mark or not.

3DS Retail Download

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Nintendo, $29.99 / $34.99CAD) — This much anticipated mash-up of the Level-5 and Capcom franchises finally arrives in North America, combining puzzle solving and exploration with courtroom drama. A relatively lengthy story with free DLC on the way combines for a fun and charming experience on 3DS, as we explained in our Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney review.

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (Pixel Toys, $3.95 from 3rd September to 24th September, normally $7.99)

Soccer Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games, $1.99 / $1.99CAD until 17th September, normally $6.99 / $6.99CAD)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts — Capcom

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (Capcom, $17.99 / $17.99CAD until 4th September, normally $29.99 / $29.99CAD)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom, $19.99 / $19.99CAD until 4th September, normally $39.99 / $39.99CAD)

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, $8.99 / $8.99CAD until 4th September, normally $19.99 / $19.99CAD)

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom, $8.99 / $8.99CAD until 4th September, normally $19.99 / $19.99CAD)

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom, $9.99 / $9.99CAD until 4th September, normally $19.99 / $19.99CAD)

A substantial selection this week in North America, undoubtedly. Let us know what you plan to download in the poll and comments below.

What will you be downloading first this week? (370 votes)

SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eShop)

The Fall (Wii U eShop)

Mega Man X3 (Wii U Virtual Console)

Donkey Kong Jr. Math(Wii U Virtual Console)

Mario Kart 8 (free DLC)

17%

Zen Pinball 2 - The Walking Dead (Wii U eShop)

Zen Pinball 2 - Deadpool (Wii U eShop)

Zen Pinball 2 - Guardians of the Galaxy (Wii U eShop)

Zen Pinball 2 - Doctor Strange (Wii U eShop)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Wii U eShop permanent discount)

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

DuckTales Remastered (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS eShop)

27%

Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter (3DS eShop)

Outback Pet Rescue 3D (3DS eShop)

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS retail download)

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS eShop Temporary Discount)

Soccer Up 3D (3DS eShop Temporary Discount)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3DS eShop Temporary Discount)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS eShop Temporary Discount)

Resident Evil Revelations (3DS eShop Temporary Discount)

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

Nothing for me this week

10%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

What an awesome week!

Has anybody played The Fall? Looks very interesting to say the least. I'm going to start a topic for it now!

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Dang, I've been waiting SO long for Mega Man X3. Can't wait to finally download it when I get home. I probably will never use the X Collection version again!

Great week. I'd also like to check out Thorium Wars, The Fall, and Azure Striker, but I'll probably have to limit that a little for my wallet's sake.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@DefHalan Would tell you if I could, the PR didn't even list the games (I had to follow another link and bring them across).

Beau_Skunk

Beau_Skunk said:

Still, no 3DS Virtual Console update?! I'm beginning to think we'll never get "Bubble Bobble."

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@shigulicious Yeah I just got done looking at that and also on Metacritic as well at the PC reviews. Mixed reviews but as always some really liked it. The reviews said opening act though so I'm wondering if that's also the case here or is it the full game.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

There are so many good to great titles that came out today on both WiiU and 3DS, plus stuff on sale from Capcom that is quality. If you are picking Nothing for Me this Week, I sure hope its because you are strapped for cash.

millarrp

millarrp said:

I'm getting mega man x3 and the Mario kart 8 dlc for sure. Might grab street fighter alpha 2 and street fighter 4 3d if the discounts are good.

shigulicious

shigulicious said:

@Spoony_Tech I heard it was a 3 part story. So 3 chapters. Maybe wait for a sale on the "complete" game? I don't know why I keep buying up games with a backlog that could last me a lifetime.

Stu13

Stu13 said:

Gunvolt and Steamworld for me. I voted Steamworld because I figured it would get less love than Gunvolt and X3. X3 is kinda weak, by the way. Just a little heads-up if you've never played it and are assuming that it's as good as the first two.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I may check out Steamworld Dig since I held off on 3DS. Still waiting on those N64 Virtual Console games, Nintendo. I think we have pretty well mined the NES catalog at this point. When you're having to dredge up unwanted junk like DK Jr. Math, it's time to move on.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@shigulicious Lol, same here. I've toned it down this year as last year it was one or 2 games a month. I'm starting to get through some of that backlog though but haven't even touched most of the games I got last year.
By then maybe they will patch any bugs and the complete version will be worth it.
Also thanks for that info

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

If it were cross-buy, even only with a discount, I'd gladly double dip on Steamworld Dig, I loved that game, but this is really getting old. NoA needs to pull it's head out of it's proverbial ... you know.
I'm gonna stick with Dual Destinies, maybe MH3Uon WiiU. Any word on Azure yet, it any good?

allav866

allav866 said:

I've never been interested in the Monster Hunter series, but this sale might give me the push I need to dive in. Which version is better?

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I know this is an amazing week, and I kinda feel bad for complaining, but wasn't Tappingo 2 hitting today?

Getting Gunvolt, and I may get a second copy of SSFIV if the price is good. Too bad I lack an HD, or I would have gotten that MH discount.

Caryslan

Caryslan said:

@XCWarrior Well, there really is nothing for me this week. I don't have a Wii U, so all the stuff on that is out, I already own Super Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil Revelations, I can skip Monster Hunter 3 since 4 will be coming soon, I'm not going to spend $29.99 on something like Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and of course, the 3Ds once again gets nothing on the Virtual Console not even a sale for Capcom's games that are on the service.

So honestly, there is nothing for my 2DS this week. Oh well, I can save my money for Smash then.

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

Holy buckets. One of the best weeks for us in a long, long time. There will be quite a few additions to my wish lists for purchase later.

(The quality and quantity almost make up for the horrendous decision to port Donkey Kong Jr. Math instead of, you know, ALMOST ANYTHING ELSE.)

Vhyper1985

Vhyper1985 said:

Youu lucky people in the U.S., X3 & Azure Striker.... Hopefully we won't have to wait long for those 2 to make it to the Euro/UK shop

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

Depending on the discounts, I might get Dual Destinies and/or MH3U on the Wii U. If the sales are good enough, I might get an SNES Street Fighter and/or Dungeons and Dragons, but they'd have to be pretty great discounts to get all 4 games.

blaze8937

blaze8937 said:

What in the world is going on...we haven't had the best updates as of lately and now they throw a curve ball and slam us with stuff oh god my wallet is going to kill me. I already got all the mario kart dlc but im definitely getting x3, gunvolt, finally gonna try zen pinball and get the walking dead table and thank you capcom for the sale I been waiting for phoenix wright to go on sale and I was just about to buy alpha 2 yesterday thank god I waited. Thanks Nintendo for this outstanding update.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Resident Evil: Revelations I might get if its at least half-off. But Azure Gunvolt is a MUST!

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Arceus Dam, this is a good week. I know I'll be downloading 5 of these paid games very soon, 6 if Wii U's RE: Revelations is a good discount price.

I been putting off on buying PW:AA Dual Destinies until I play the first 4 again to refresh my memory, but I guess now I buy it now and play it later.

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

It's been a long time, nearly four years...and the crossover finally comes out tomorrow. It was announced before I started college and now I'm a senior, yet no less excited for it. COME ON LAYTON AND WRIGHT!!!

Also, Azure Striker is likely going to be a day-one and I'll look at the discounts as well. Super Acorns 3D is pretty good for anyone who's wondering.

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

X3. Totally skipping Steamworld because I have it on the 3DS and NA refuses to offer a discount.

shauntu

shauntu said:

The Fall is pretty awesome — old school adventure mixed in with some action gameplay, creepy atmosphere, and intriguing setting. The AI voice acting is great and surprisingly full of character, and the caretaker drone is a psycho (I am sure of it).

dings

dings said:

I'll be getting some discounted Capcom goodness! Hopefully the prices will come out soon

BigH88

BigH88 said:

@Mr_Trill281 Can't wait for the season to start next week. Hopefully we see some more players show some greatness tonight against Denver. Oh and you should check out X3.

chilenozo

chilenozo said:

when is the eshop updated? I just checked the Capcom titles and the prices remain the same as yesterday.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Update the news and please put GoGo Kokopolo will be quit from dsiware services this 31th august.

ULTRA-64

ULTRA-64 said:

Just got my mk8 dlc pre order in and realised I get a £5 code from the premium rewards. Bonus!! Let's hope the capcom sale comes to Europe eh!

BearClaus

BearClaus said:

DarkEdi wrote:

Good suggestion right here.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

Good week, but still no 3DS VC. C'mon Nintendo, give us Devil World already so we can have all of EU's titles!

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

Gunvolt is going to be so awesome :D so glad they threw in Mighty Gunvolt for free as well, that makes the purchase even better!

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

I voted for Soccer 3d because it's only $2. Even though it didn't get a great review on here it would be a great addition to my 3ds sports folder. Definitely may get Resident Evil :R as I passed on it a few months ago when it went on sale.

argh4430

argh4430 said:

I already picked up the Mario Kart 8 DLC, so i'll just grab Super street Fighter 2. This might be the first time i've seen the "Nothing for me this week" category lower than another category in a long while.

Lycidas

Lycidas said:

Man, so jealous of you guys now... :(
The Fall and Gunvolt seem really good, AND you already got Shovel Knight...
come on NoE, hurry!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

The shop is not updating Zen Pinball. I will not be happy if this skips us this week!!

Nothing about it on the home page either.

NbaJunkie

NbaJunkie said:

There is no steamworld discount for U,and I have the previous version. Dissapointing...

I may buy a capcom sale priced item or two. How are peoples experience with street fighter for 3ds?

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Did Azure Striker Gunvolt and Professor Layton vs. Phoenx Wright really have to come out on the same day?! 2manygaemz5me

ejamer

ejamer said:

Oh, awesome. I'll grab Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara at a discount.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

I've added an update regarding Zen Pinball 2's new content. Zen Studios is investigating its current absence.

TonLoco

TonLoco said:

I've been waiting for MH3U to drop in price on the wii u. I've gotten back into the 3ds version and would like to start hunting online. $15 I dont think I can pass this deal up.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Nothing for me but all the Capcom sales are pretty much a steal, awesome prices for good games, but I wonder why the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is cheaper on Wii U then it is on the 3DS...but I remember when the 3DS version was on sale like last year, started playing it for the first time since I got it on sale just to see it on sale again!

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Might get super street fighter iv. It is one of the games I'm missing and I miss it lol. I think I might have to cancel the PL vs AA preorder because I'm having trouble with my credit card. I tried to buy a gift card online through Best Buy Canada's website and they couldn't process my request apparently so I have extra money now.

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

@BearHunger No, just get it. MMX3 is a great game that gets pointless hate.

Besides, NL will probably give it a 2/10 and recommend the PSX version because.

Zobocop

Zobocop said:

Why can't I select more than one thing? I'm certainly buying more than one thing.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Jot this week down... this is one of the best and most well-rounded weeks I have seen in a long time. I see things I've already purchased, moving up my list, gonna buy later, took notice of, etc. The only disappointing thing is, I still haven't played PW:AA:DD which I bought at full price a month ago, and NOW it's discounted! Doh! >_<

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

@Spoony_Tech

Actually, I don't think the wait will be that long, because if the number of Eshop reviews are anything to go by, it's not moving too many copies, the last I checked, it had 18 reviews. I'm kind of shocked they made it so expensive, I mean, there are plenty of good side-scrolling shooters on the eShop for cheaper, I mean, honestly, $30.00?!

I can buy a download of Mario Kart 7 for that price!

Windy

Windy said:

@Spoony_Tech I'm doing the exact same thing. I've really toned it down from last year. I'm really looking at only 2 games in the next 6 months. Fantasy Life and Monster Hunter. I was planning to get Persona Q but actually may pass on that since I haven't even beat the Etrian Odyssey games. There just never seems to be enough time after your playing something your concentrating on. I may be passing on some very good games to concentrate on a couple big hitters. Then if Square will announce Dragon Quest X on 3DS you can catch up with me there :)

Windy

Windy said:

Great week! But I may not get anything. I just have to much of a backlog.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Windy I'm really upset with Persona Q's price more then anything. I'll wait till next year and a price drop. Fantasy Life gets all my attention now and there's multiplayer co-op so I'll see you there.

Windy

Windy said:

@WinterWarm yep that was absolutely crazy. I don't even think 19.99 would be low enough on that. I don't see it seriously selling heavy until its around 14.99. 19.99 will move some sales though. I'm just wondering how much longer they are going to leave it at 29.99. I would imagine it hasn't sold 50 units.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Windy It does look good but I'm looking for more like 10$ tbh. Crazy to think it was going to sell at that price. Put it at 5.99 and it sell 50k in a week lol. I just don't understand these pricing issues.

SOD1459

SOD1459 said:

Capcom discounts are nice to see, $10 for the Resident Evil's. Still waiting for other gems to surface, but this should do for now.

Stu13

Stu13 said:

So bummed when I got home and realized that Gunvolt doesn't release til tomorrow. I want it NOW.

mowerdude

mowerdude said:

Just the free Mario Kart 8 Dlc for me this week, Nintendo doesn't really have that great of sales on the eshop for any of there or 3rd party games on sales. I will stick to Amazon for Nintendo games. Also just a few days ago on the Psn Flash sale I could have purchased Resident Evil Revelations for only $9.99 instead of Nintendo's so called sale price of $19.99 really why should I even bother with a digital download of it, when the disc version is only $24 on amazon? Plus I am already out of space on my Wii U console don't really know what nintendo was thinking when they came out with only a 8gb and 32gb console and expect us to actually download all of our games from the eshop.

Gen0neD

Gen0neD said:

Am I missing something? Gunvolt isn't in the eshop.

Edit: So apparently, being literate helps. 8/29/14. My bad. Carry on.

freaksloan

freaksloan said:

I think I am finally going to pull the trigger on these 3 Wii U games- Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, DuckTales: Remastered and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

I was initially excited for Gunvolt, but I watched some gameplay of it and the level design and combat seem fairly repetitive. Barring high review scores, I'll probably pick this up when it goes on sale.

Speaking of sales, that Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies price cut is... WOW. Huge. I'll definitely be picking it up ASAP at that price.

Also LOVE the low price of all versions of PLvPW:AA. I'm definitely excited about it, and hopefully more people will buy it at a $30 price point. What's the block size for the U.S. release? I know the European digital version is significantly larger than the original Japanese digital release.

I'm trying to only buy games that go on sale, though, aside from a few key releases (Smash, Fantasy Life, SK:SV, etc.). I have a backlog that is larger than I am comfortable with.

First world problems, eh? "I can't keep up with all of these games I own!"

Webby-sama

Webby-sama said:

I actually just traded away my Monster Hunter to Game Stop (32 bucks, worth it especially since I only paid 20 for it). Kinda glad this sale only started today, might have considered buying it off the eShop and doing a data transfer first.

Need a break from it though. I'm not even very into it but I liked playing with friends when we actually bothered. No regrets. RIP, What.

90sRetroGaming

90sRetroGaming said:

All four SNES Street Fighters, Ace Attorney: Dual Destines, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) and probably Resident Evil Revelations (3DS). My poor wallet :/... for once in a loooooooooong time! xD

mowerdude

mowerdude said:

@denpa-ben, But by the time you purchase a Exteranl Hard drive that they recommended you could have purchased either a PS4 or Xbox one cheaper instead with the hard drive inside the console.

Plus I am having this problem with my wii u console since the 5.0 update and nintendo act's like there isn't a problem with the Wii U console when me and others are having the very same problem and I am not going to sent in my console and have to pay to get it fixed when it wasn't even my fault to start with.
I've been having this issue since the launch of 5.0 and was curious if anyone else was having the same problem.

After the release of 5.0 I noticed when I would turn on my system in anyway the Gamepad would read "Cannot connect to Wii U. Turn off Gamepad power and move closer to console then turn power back on" (Most of the time it will do this however sometimes it will power up properly). I've tried this many times. I've tried it without the external hard drive plugged into the console, I've tried it when the system wasn't near anything at all, just sitting in the middle of the room away from anything that could interfere with the connection. If I hold the power button the the system for 4 seconds to shut it down it will start up and play just fine. Also it will only happen for the first tie I boot up the console that day. each time after that it will start up no problems at all.

I'm thinking this has everything to do with the 5.0 patch because nothing like this had ever happened like this before the patch was launched.

ogo79

ogo79 said:

nothing for me, however being that i already got dungeons and dragons for regular price when it came out, this new price is steal, i say yall need to go for it.

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

@Windy Yeah, it's crazy, who decided, "Eh, $30.00 is reasonable, right?"

@Spoony_Tech Well, I personally just can't believe the devs would be so naïve as to think a lot of people are going to buy it at that price, sooner later they'll lower it, but I think it'll be sooner.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

I'll get Mega Man X3 as soon as I possibly can. I'm broke at the moment because I started school this past week but when I can, I'll get it.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

@WinterWarm
I think the publisher was perhaps just expecting to prey on early adopters. Milk the people who can't wait for $30, and then lower the price later on for everybody else. I doubt a price cut will be too far in the game's future. I can't imagine it's moving too many digital copies at this point given that they have effectively priced themselves out of the market.

$15 is as high as I will go. I'm not paying more for a remastered Sega Genesis schmup than I am for Kokuga.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

@mowerdude It's opposite for me; when I first got my Wii U I was having that problem but as updates have been rolled out it's happened a lot less frequently.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

What a great week and those resident evil discounts for both platforms are great deals.But that will have to wait cause i'm buying The Fall and pre ordering that mario kart 8 DLC.

mjnmixael

mjnmixael said:

Are there seriously enough people consistently buying Donkey Kong Jr Math that they have to keep spending time releasing it on every console evar? It cannot be making them that much money...

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I think I'll bite on RE: Mercanaries 3D, then I'll buy Steamworld Dig and wait for a review on The Fall.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

Dang....X3 & Azure Striker Gunvolt on the same week?? Couldn't they spared that out?? Aww it doesn't matter. FINALLY Mega Man X3 is out on the VC!!!! ABOUT TIME!!!!!!! This will be my Saturday night game! Sweet!!!! Sorry Mario Kart 8! XD

DracioKoi

DracioKoi said:

My plan was to get Azure Striker Gunvolt for sure, but now Phoenix Wright is on sale. Oh my, good-bye money T_T

Captain_Gonru

Captain_Gonru said:

@allav866 I prefered it on the Wii U, but if you have a 3DSXL, it may be a closer fight. I have a launch model and Circle Pad Pro. The smaller screen had me using it less than the Wii U version, but was serviceable for foraging while on the go (you can transfer your save back and forth, in case you didn't know). With the Circle Pad Pro, though, the game play is practically identical.

ZachBeacon

ZachBeacon said:

Child of Light is currently on sale on the PSN. Child of Light is currently on sale in the European eShop. Child of Light is NOT on sale in the American eShop.

I guess I’m getting Child of Light on my PS3. They’re less stingy with sales there.

Actually I bought many of those Capcom games in PSN sales already.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@ZachBeacon

Hate to tell you this, but Nintendo doesn't determine when third-party games go on sale. The publisher does. The reason they're probably putting it on sale for the other platforms is because sales have dropped off on those platforms.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@mowerdude You have no reason to be complaining about hard drive space, trust me on this. I own a Wii U, PS4, X1, Vita and 3DS.

The PS4 and X1 have mandatory installs, even for physical discs, and with games averaging 40+ GB due to lack of any effort to properly compress, I'm left with just 125 GB on my PS4 right now. Had it less than a year, own 3 indie digital games and 7 physical games. Yet three quarters of my hard drive space is gone. Explain that to me.

And Vita? Not even 1 GB included with the original model. Of course I bought a 32 GB, for $100. Fantastic, right?

When it comes to Nintendo, the 3DS takes SD cards which are a dime a dozen. The Wii U I've had for 2 years. I own 37 physical games, most with update file installations and/or DLC, and 79 digital indie/VC games. And I STILL have 7 GB left of hard drive space. Over five times as many retail games and over 25 times as many digital games as my PS4, yet I have the same 25% percentage of hard drive space left. AND the ability to expand via external hard drive.

People just don't understand how good they have it this gen with Wii U. Sure, last gen might've been a different story, and PS3 was phenomenal for space, as it was for free online. But last gen is over. When it comes to value of your hard drive space, no other console this gen can touch the Wii U.

Just sayin, you're complaining about the one system that outclasses all other eighth gen consoles as far as storage space goes. That little 32 GB on Wii U runs laps around the 500 GB of rival consoles. Don't be deceived. Don't let the bigger number fool you.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@Caryslan Well the last Ace Attorney game is on sale. So if you don't want to pay full price for the new old, old one is on sale. But I'm sure its not on sale enough or something like that. Other option is get a WiiU... that's where you want to play Smash in the end.

vattodev

vattodev said:

@JaxonH I agree. I got an old laptop HD and a HD case, with 160 GB and I've been downloading MANY games. Most Wii U games are less than 10GB. Most Nintendo games are less than 3GB. It's really insane.

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

Here's hoping the European release of Azure Striker Gunvolt isn't that far away.
I bet Europe will have none of that Capcom sale, Atlus and Capcom just don't do sales in Europe like they constantly do in North America.

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

Outstanding week.

Azure, Mario Kart 8 DLC and Duck Tales Remastered for me. I might even snag one of the Street Fighter games too. The Fall looks really cool as well.

Ryu_Niiyama

Ryu_Niiyama said:

Why do I have to be a responsible adult and pay bills? Anyway I'm snagging a 50 dollar eshop card next payday and I'm going to pick a bunch of these up. Starting with Steamworld Dig!

Iggly

Iggly said:

That Monster Hunter discount, anyone who has been interested in buying MH3U really should now as you can't go wrong with 15(19) dollars. ;)

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

@Ralizah

Yeah, the publisher is Teyon. they're not exactly the best company when it comes to the eShop.

I've never spent more than $9.99 on a eShop game, but Azure Striker Gunvolt'll change that.

Still, $30.00 is absolutely insane.

Windy

Windy said:

@Spoony_Tech yeah they put that at 9.99 and I bet they sell at least 2k in no time flat. But who knows they may let it Rot there. There are a bunch of old DSi games they should be putting on sale but they don't. They should be having a DSi Clearance and permanent discounts.

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

Finally!!! Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright.... the sad thing is that that's one of two games that sold me on the 3DS (the other being KH3D) but after all this wait the excitement has kinda waned... still buying and downloading right away thought, just to help ensure the localization of future AA installments

onery

onery said:

Really great week... will probably try find retail for Prof Layton x Phoenix. Downloading Azure as I type this out.

brianvgplayer

brianvgplayer said:

Zen Pinball 2 update is now live in the US. It updated a bit
late today, but I checked and Walking Dead, Deadpool, Dr. Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy are now available.