Nintendo Confirms E3 Best Buy Demo Locations

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

89 in the U.S. and 21 in Canada

Not too long ago we reported that Best Buy will be showcasing demos of Nintendo's E3 games, essentially bringing the booth to the masses. With big Wii U titles such as Mario Kart and the new Super Mario 3D expected to be playable, it could be an enticing opportunity for gamers in North America.

Nintendo has now confirmed the locations of the stores that'll host these demo units, announcing that there'll be 89 in the U.S. and 21 in Canada. The list of U.S towns and cities is below, while full details of all locations can be found at the official website; the demos will be playable at participating stores on 12th June from 4pm to 8pm, and 15th June from 1pm to 5pm.

Alabama

Vermont
Williston

Washington
Lynnwood

Wisconsin
Greenfield

These locations could provide an exciting early hands-on opportunity with some major Wii U releases, with the final list of playable games to be confirmed after they're revealed during the E3 Nintendo Direct — will you be heading to your local Best Buy to try them out?

Big_L91

Big_L91 said:

wish this was happening in the UK. really really good idea from nintendo!

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Looks like I'll be heading up to North Olmsted in June, closest Ohio location for me.

MAB

MAB said:

Can't argue with that... Those demo units will be the popular ;)

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

Oh yeah! Everytime something like this happens, my heart beat increases while scrolling down to TN. Usually, it seems, Memphis isn't included in things like this. Glad that's not the case with this! :D

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

I hope something like this comes to the UK for GAME stores, that would be pretty awesome, and would make me go into a GAME for the first time in over a year.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I would love to try these out but I'm not driving three hours way to some demo both. Really aggravates me. There are several Best Buys around here, and they didn't even pick one in WV.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

This is cool, but I don't understand why they couldn't bring them to a FEW more Best Buys. Either that or extend the time period in which you can play the games. Two days for four hours each? You've gotta be kidding me. The place is going to be a mad house! Still, either way I'll probably be heading down to Oklahoma City...

mystman12

mystman12 said:

Charlottesville VA!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! I was so sure we weren't going to have one near us!

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

I was expecting a NYC (not just NYS) best buy to be one of the choices. Surprised the Best buy on Union Square wasn't an option aka the "first" place to sell the 3ds on release date.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

@mystman12 Lucky you!!! I'm an hour south of C-Ville. I might have to take a Friday off work and head on up for a small road trip to Best Buy. Might even get a Street Pass or two while there. xD

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

There was a Best Buy that was about 2 miles away from me, but unfortunely, it closed down late last year. :(

I'll go to the one in Schaumburg then, since it's still decently close to where I live.

mike_intv

mike_intv said:

Unfortunately, Best Buy site is only listing about half of the locations.

That leaves me guessing where in Pittsburgh the display will be.

EDIT — Best Buy listing now updated and seemingly complete.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

Ehh, I get screwed over yet again. Not one at all where I live in PA. Heck no, if I ain't going all the way to Pittsburgh just to try a demo. This bites!! -__-

Shworange

Shworange said:

I'm really surprised its not at the mall of America in Minnesota, just Eden Prairie. Oh well. I'll have to stop by

Gallimastro

Gallimastro said:

Man.... closest one is four hours away. In one of the hottest places in the US, not one on Vegas. Guess I'll have to miss out.

onex

onex said:

40 miles from me AND it's on my bday..thanks Ninty, now I have something to do! haha

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Aaand I dont live in the US... I still pray for the day someone releases downloadable E3 demos.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

Then again, I can always take a 1-hour trip to Amherst... but still, disappointing considering there's a Best Buy about 25 minutes away from me.

Arianabtd

Arianabtd said:

just like I thought, NONE in Nebraska.
Dang it I was actually really excited for this.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Figures none of the Best Buys in my area are partaking in this event. :(

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

Yeah I'm not going all the way to Greenville or North Charleston for this. Why not Florence? It's a big city :l

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

Hmm, NoA is based in Redmond, Washington. Yet there is only one place in the state that get's this. I was stoked to go check it out, but I'll pass now. Lot's of Best Buy's in Washington...

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

Hmm, cool. Ann Arbor has one.. looks like I may check these out after all, even if I have to stand back and watch some kid play it. Cool to see it anyway. Leave it to Nintendo to beat the other companies to the punch. Expect to see Xbox/PS4 to copy this method in the future.

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

I seriously cannot believe there's a location in my area. Holy crap! Now I have a reason to goto Best Buy other than browse and laugh at their prices.

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

Why no Canada NL? Were just as important. Anyway, I can't seem to find details on the Canada Best Buy website.

redclow

redclow said:

Once again those Americans forget about Canada. How am I supposed to know where to go?!?!?!

killustrator

killustrator said:

You're information here is incorrect. New Jersey and Pennsylvania only have 2 stores each and you have 3 and 5 listed respectively. Not sure where you got the other stores from but you might want to amend this list.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

ahahaha, no way, it's coming to Fayetteville's Best Buy? Eat that, Charlotte! Suck it, Raleigh! >:3
everything cool happens in those two places and not here, plz to forgive my enthusiasm if you live in either of those two areas ;___;

grovertheblue

grovertheblue said:

What? No Canadian love in the article wrt listing Canadian cities? I know that I can follow the link, but why not add the extra 21 cities to the list, not much more than the 88 US ones :)

123akis

123akis said:

if nintendo cant get it in GAME stores in the UK, then at least put nintendo unleashed tours in shopping centres

Varia01

Varia01 said:

No where near where I'm gonna move to this Monday. That's fine, I'll just watch the trailers and read the Game Informer to get my information. I can't wait to see how awesome these upcoming games are going to be. :)

edcomics

edcomics said:

Ha. West Paterson. I'm surprised there's actually going to be a local event here. Looks like I'll have to go take a look, though I'm sure it'll be crowded as all get-out.

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

Sweet!!! The Schaumburg , IL location is 20 minutes from me!!! I definitely will be checking it out!!!

WildMan

WildMan said:

Looks like there's one slightly close to me in MN. Still kinda far though..

Emaan

Emaan said:

I'm in Florida so I guess I have to drive over to Brandon to experience this. :O

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Awesome; Louisville, Kentucky is just an hour away from me! I'm going!

I'll make sure to go early so I can nab some of that Luigi loot too.

SchamMan89

SchamMan89 said:

Odd that the Los Angeles location is in Culver City. Oh well, that's not TOO far from me.

Now I just have to decide if I want to go or not... ah, who the hell am I kidding...

rjejr

rjejr said:

Wow, 74 posts and not ONE person commented that these demos are only going to be available for 2 - TWO - days and only 4 - FOUR - hours each day for a total of only 8 - EIGHT - hours of playable demo time? Why even bother?

How long do you think each person will be allowed to play for before being asked to move on? This is even dumber than thought.

Ispheria

Ispheria said:

i didn't realize people knew Elk Grove existed...(i live in Elk Grove, lucky me)

WildMan

WildMan said:

You know, it's kinda funny Best Buy didn't have more locations in MN since their headquarters are here in Bloomington..

Ryno

Ryno said:

Might have to check out the Lynnwood, WA since that's pretty close to me.

Ispheria

Ispheria said:

hold up, on the official site theres only 2 locations, and elk grove isn't one of them...

Wii_Win

Wii_Win said:

Aww, I was gonna do this except there is an 8 minute drive, that is too long... D:
JK, I am TOTALLY doing this. This is going to be AWESOME.
Thx Ninty! :D

Nintendude789

Nintendude789 said:

Damn it!! No demos in New Mexico!! It's not fair. :( The nearest location for me is Phoenix. I won't be able to play. >:(

Adam

Adam said:

If anyone visits the Harvey, LA location during E3 week, I'll be the one elbowing little kids who want a turn. Say hi.

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

yo thanks for naming the Canadian cities, clearly you out alot of effort to copying and pasting a list, thanks for putting in the tinyist bit of extra effort for your Canadian readers

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

I really should of seen this coming... nothing in nebraska... at all. Apparently no one cares about the home of arbor day. I hate this state.

Nirosmir

Nirosmir said:

For the love of god Nintendo, if there's going to be places in California at least put one near the South. All of them all in just one single spot in California, what about San Diego, or Los Angeles?

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

I just checked the Iowa locations, and the closest to omaha is 2 hours away, I don't feel like a 2 hour car ride... so yeah.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I'm surprised they're going Glen Burnie instead of Arundel Mills...but it's still reasonably nearby either way. :)

ikki5

ikki5 said:

unless Canada is going to be announced later... I don't see any on their site

riverfr0zen

riverfr0zen said:

Hmm...no NYC location...whaat? Wonder if they'll be doing it in the Nintendo World store. Can't see why they'd miss out on an opportunity to showcase in a location with probably the most potential for exposure.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Well what do you know...I can try out an E3 game, finally my city is a part of some big event. lol

hydeks

hydeks said:

thanks for the USA list and not the Canadian ¬¬ don't like Canada or something? We have some Best Buys around here lol

GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie said:

YES!! The Best buy near my house is having it. I doubt many people will go even though this is one of the top selling Best Buys in the nation. Most people around here show up fro Xbox/PS stuff, but rarely for Nintendo.

When I waited overnight to get Wii U I was #1 in line at toys r us (#1 selling in nation) and only 20 people showed up overall. For 360 at a best buy I waited also overnight hundreds waited, same for PS3.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Who said Nintendo was stepping back at this E3, hun? This is an attack on a very big scale XD

DrOzaki

DrOzaki said:

This article claims it features 21 Canadian locations. I can't find one. Not even in the link provided.

idork99

idork99 said:

About 60 miles (100 k) away from where I live to the nearest Best Buy. Hmm? I'll consider it. Oh, who am I kidding! There's going to be a new Mario Kart for crying out loud! If it weren't for Mario Kart being my favorite gaming series, I don't think I would go. It'll give me an opportunity to see if I should finally invest in a Wii U! It will be a tough sale though. As it stands now, MK7 is THE BEST Mario Kart! It is the most finely tuned gameplay wise where coins, items, jumps, flying, and course recognition all come into play in order to succeed! Anyhow, as I'm getting away from the subject, I'll love to see how the new Mario Kart will play and how much it'll differ from the current one. And a little playable Smash Bros. would be fun to see as well :)!!

swordx

swordx said:

I was in Cary N.C. alast weekend! I go there every so often. This is awesome!

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

NINTENDO!!! Why is there no Hawaii on this list??????? C'mon, there's a Best Buy like, 10 minutes from my house!!!! I know there's several in Honolulu!!!

Now I'm sad...I guess I'll just watch the Direct and wait rather than experience it...

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

There are two near me but the one that is almost an hour away is participating in this. I'm sure I'll be up there soon to visit some family :)

Link-Hero

Link-Hero said:

Dang... The one closest to me in Washington State is about an hour drive. I'll just have to settle with watching videos during E3. :(

umegames

umegames said:

Ohio.....really? those stores out of all of them, No Cincinnati at all!? So upset

Xcape_DuCkMAN_X

Xcape_DuCkMAN_X said:

What a great time to live in Savannah Ga!!!! I hope that the same opportunity will be given to our UK brethren!!! Keepin fingers crossed for the UK!!

Peachy

Peachy said:

Eh, I'll save the quarter tank of gas it'd take me to get to the nearest participating Best Buy and back. I'll be fine with watching videos.

Ballordie01

Ballordie01 said:

Which BEST BUY in Miami,Fl? There are more than one in miami!!! Anyone from Miami, Fl help me out. Thanks

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Why am I the only one who's mentioned that you can get Luigi loot if you go to the demos early?

Oopsiwin

Oopsiwin said:

Noooooooo, why does all the fun E3 stuff always happen during finals week here at CalPoly? Stupid quarter system making my summer start late.

MiNiStRy

MiNiStRy said:

Why not do it in other countries besides the us? They want to raise awareness of the console? Then putting displays with the latest games would be the way to do it!

Blizzaga

Blizzaga said:

"89 in the U.S. and 21 in Canada"

So California is no longer part of the United States?

I knew it.

Lobster

Lobster said:

Not only is West Virginia not even INCLUDED, the closest stores in Ohio are on the other side of that state as well. D:

Tra_Venous

Tra_Venous said:

Fellow Canadians! Here's our list (via Facebook)

Ontario: North York, Toronto, Mississauga, Windsor, London, Ottawa, Kingston, Brampton, Oakville
Quebec: Montreal, Lasalle
Manitoba: Winnipeg
Saskatchewan: Saskatoon
Alberta: Edmonton, Calgary (2 locations)
British Columbia: Vancouver, Langley, Richmond
Nova Scotia: Dartmouth

2 Calgary locations... Nintendo loves me.

Tra_Venous

Tra_Venous said:

@Williaint Dude... you nailed it! Two Calgary locations confirmed (refer to post #157 for the list of Canadian Best Buys) I live in Medicine Hat and my holidays start on June 15th, and I'll be travelling to BC that weekend...it's perfect.

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

fantastic idea, but i'm disappointed by lack of availibility.
Only 2 days, only 4 hrs each day, and in so few locations?
I would make a trip and go to my nearest one but I'm not sure it would be worth the drive to possibly miss it due to crowds or a huge line or something...
do people think these locations are going to get swarmed?
not really up to dealing with that just to play a demo...

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

@drumsandperc92
I'm guessing you would never want to go to the actual E3 then.

I didn't see the freebies mention earlier. Free Luigi stuff and deals sound great. I'm gonna bring my 3DS and play the demos for sure.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

Well this sucks, was hoping for Virginia to have Gainesville as a location, closest one by me.

Rafie

Rafie said:

@umegames I said the same thing. Why no Cleveland?! Well...to be fair I no longer live in Cleveland, although I was born and raised there. I stay in South Florida now....so I guess its Miami for me.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

my old hometown Kingston has one (canada) but nowhere where I live now (Lindsay). Closest Best Buy to me is Whitby. I wish I was back in Kingston lol