Meet Sticks, The New Member of Sonic Boom's "Core Ensemble"

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

She's a jungle badger, by the way

Those that don't want Sonic to make any more chatty friends, look away now. Sega has unveiled Sticks, a jungle badger that will be a new member of the "core ensemble" in Sonic Boom, which takes in a TV show, licensed toy and merchandise range and, of course, the Wii U and 3DS games.

Hiroyuki Miyazaki, Chief Content Officer for the Sonic Brand, says that "Sticks is a significant addition to the Sonic Boom universe and the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. She brings a quirky personality and perspective to the team dynamic, and we look forward to sharing this energetic and funny new character with the world." She does have a handy boomerang, which will no doubt be used for various combat and puzzle scenarios in the team-driven games that are on the way; the Sega Blog describes her as follows.

Sticks is new to Sonic’s circle of friends – actually new to friends in general – and as the most primal character in the Sonic universe, she is a force of nature in every way. Sticks is wilder than the other members of Sonic’s team with unparalleled animal instincts and extremely sharp survival skills. She’s a fearsome combatant and a tenacious hunter who’s armed with handmade weapons at all times, most notably a handmade boomerang that she keeps in tow.

Her wildness means that her social skills need plenty of work and she’s not the most trusting individual. Full of outrageous suspicions, Sticks’ instincts often prove to be accurate. While the concepts of sharing, compassion and friendship are foreign to her, Sticks has a good heart and a genuine desire to get closer to her new friends, particularly Amy, who helps Sticks adapt to civilization. Sticks and Amy quickly become best friends, with Sticks willing to go to extremes to protect her new pal, a quality that will play out through new Sonic Boom content. Her eccentric character adds an endless amount of humor and surprise to the Sonic team.

So there you go, you can also see more concept drawings and see voice actor Nika Futterman bring her to life in the video below.

Are you a fan of Sticks, based on what we've seen so far, or will she join the — lengthy — list of friends we wish Sonic didn't have? Let us know your thoughts below.

[via blogs.sega.com, neogaf.com]

Related Games

FragRed

FragRed said:

That is one hell of a horrible design. Not sure how much I am looking forward to this game to be honest.

B-Squared

B-Squared said:

I seriously thought that was Marine for a second....oh well....Nika Futterman voicing her though? Hmm...

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

Gonna go ahead and wait til the game comes out before i start spewing hate. Its just one character and its not even that bad. This character is in no way as bad as Mario Kart 8 giving us pointless, stupid characters like Pink Metal Gold Peach and Baby Daisy. Let's let the game come out and maybe give it a go or two before we rage on it.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Just when they got it just right with Generations they seem to want change it. It is almost as if they want another Sonic 06. (Coincidently I think the best level on Generations is Crisis City).

TheWhiteFalcon

TheWhiteFalcon said:

Ugh...Sega...just make a Sonic game. Sonic. Not Sonic and Friends, just Sonic.

And have it control better than Lost World.

outburst

outburst said:

I am looking forward to this game. I've never touched a sonic game since playing them on the Sega megadrive until the demo on the Wii U. I didn't like it so I hope this one will be good.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Hmm. I saw that same character over 2 months ago I thought it was Marine because of the looks and everyone on the web said so. Now I know better.

Yorumi

Yorumi said:

Ugh that voice is horrible. Thought the character was ok till my ears were bleeding and now I'm hoping she has almost no screen time. It doesn't fit the design, or the voices you expect from the sonic games or anything.

Xtremetdifan

Xtremetdifan said:

Sega
A new sonic game doesn't warrant yet another new sonic character. I'll try to be optimistic, but this feels like it'll be an annoying new friend.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

Like her design, The description sounds pretty generic, but I think if it's done right, I'll like her.
that VA is HORRIBLE, tho. I hope, they'll get some German voice acting for the localization (...dunno why, but now that I think about it: I want David Nathan as Knuckles lol)

2Sang

2Sang said:

Sonic characters became lame after Big the cat. You want only tails knuckles and sonic? Please undastand.

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

You guys are way to quick on the compulsive hate. I don't even like Sonic but I think this character is pretty great. Plus I think that's the same voice actor as Medusa from Kid Icarus: Uprising!

Tops

Tops said:

The design isn't that bad but the voice is too high-pitch. It'll probably get grating.

Turnip

Turnip said:

I feel like the voice is something that I'll get used to; in my opinion, it suits the character.

Azooooz

Azooooz said:

People here always jump to conclusions. Roger Craig Smith was dissed by fans until they got used to him, so this case is no different. New character and new voice that people will get used to it in time.

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

I don't care for Sonic anymore. After the Genesis games, I've been disappointed with everything Sonic. I will say that my kids will love the show, so I'm hoping the game is good.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

"Jungle Badger"?
Do you mean Honey Badgers?
That voice doesn't sound any more annoying than every other Sonic character so I don't get what the fuss is about. Seems alright to me :P

Sir_JBizzle

Sir_JBizzle said:

The voice seems to fit the character so no complaints here. From what I remember, this isn't Sonic Universe proper and a canon Sonic game is coming. So why all the hate on this game? Give it a chance before lighting the torches, guys :-)

TheHumbleFellow

TheHumbleFellow said:

For people saying that the Sonic series doesn't need any new characters, bare in mind that the series actually hasn't had any new faces since 2007 or so.

The_Ninja

The_Ninja said:

I lost intrest in Sonic after Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I will probaly never buy a Sonic game ever again. Tried Secret Rings, worst Sonic game I've ever played. Sega just wont do it right.

Edit: By the way, "Sticks" sounds like Tails smoked a joint.

Okumei

Okumei said:

Absoulute garbage. There's a reason why this game isn't coming to Japan.

PS4

PS4 said:

lol 10/10

I love orange too.

Port this game to @PS4 and I'll attempt to sell millions even though theres only one of ME...

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Aren't there loads of other characters that could use some better exposure in the Sonic universe? I mean, I like Sticks' design (not the voice, though it fits somehow), but they could've gone for some more popular faces (except other Hedgehogs, we've had enough of those).
Other than that, I'm eager how exactly she's going to fit in.

And if SEGA will try submitting her for Smash Bros. to get some early exposure. /sarcasm

Sherman

Sherman said:

I'm still having problems with the designs in general. The voices are... an acquired taste. But the character designs... It's Dragon Ball Evolution all over again.

Action51

Action51 said:

I'm not a huge Sonic fan...I like the old school Genesis and GBA games a lot, and thought he was cool in Smash.

However, I have learned one very important thing about the Sonic fanbase:

• Any announcement, any new character, any new voice actor, any new design, any new ANYTHING will instantly and immediately be met with blind rage and hate.

I know the Zelda, Halo, and Pokemon fanbases can be a little nutty...but nothing can prepare you for the groundswell of disapproval any Sonic announcement will get from the Sonic fanbase.

Artwark

Artwark said:

..................Its already getting negative feedback no matter how good this game may be.

While the voice isn't what I expect from a raccoon( Atleast I think she looks like it) Its not that bad to be honest as I can see how it can fit to her. Amy however is HORRIBLE!

Ok Metroid fans out there, would you say the voice acting of other m is better or worse than this one?

Dr_Corndog

Dr_Corndog said:

@Action51 Don't know how "blind" it is. Sega churns out new Sonic characters faster than disposable pop radio singles. Many of them are lame, and almost all are unnecessary.

The Sonic fanbase's biggest problem is how it's never happy with any new Sonic game, even when a game turns out to be good.

ToonLink795

ToonLink795 said:

Yea i'm not quite sure what to say about the voice acting at all for the the new character. Maybe it will seem better when the actual character is talking and not the actor.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Probably was the boomerang that did it, but I think she's supposed to be Yuffie.

jungle badger = mystery ninja?

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

Cool. I'm looking forward to learning more about her and the game.

Oh, and lol at all the knee-jerk hate. :D

Cresartist

Cresartist said:

Alright SEGA, great job. Can I have Yazuka 5, Project Mirai 1 and 2, and Puyo Puyo Tetris now?

Kiz3000

Kiz3000 said:

The final voice over sounds a bit Donald Duck esk. I love the design of the character, the back story is cliche but one I like, and hopefully the voice grows on me.

Thumbs up from me Sega

Gelantious

Gelantious said:

Neado! Looking forward to this, and I like the voice as well. A bit raspy compared to other female voices that goes too soft/sweet.

Beau_Skunk

Beau_Skunk said:

Y'know, I don't care what anyone says, I'm actually looking forward to seeing this character. She seems funny, and unique for Sonic character standards.
Also, we haven't had a new Sonic character in years honestly, (or seen the extended cast much in recent games, aside from the Olympic ones) so can we get over the whole "Sonic has to many characters ruining the series" ignorant hype? (Heck, "Sonic Boom" marks Knuckles' first fully playable moment in an action Sonic title sense "Sonic Advance 3.")

Also, people chill, because "Sonic Boom" is NOT part of the main game canon, and isn't going to effect it. So I don't mind the liberties they're taking with it. It's kinda nice they are, rather then just make it "Sonic X in 3D."

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

I like the design aside from the boomerang hair and her entire description sounds very interesting, sounds like it could add a lot of interesting scenarios to the show. Only thing I don't like (aside from that hair) is the voice, it's very annoying, reminds me of Charmy who I hate...
No voice acting can possibly be worse than what was in the first Sonic Adventure, however.
I'm also happy to finally play as someone other than Sonic again at last, something I haven't been able to do in a new game since Sonic Rush Adventure (unless you count Sonic Chronicles). It always adds much needed variety to an otherwise stale gameplay style.

onery

onery said:

I'll wait for the animation and withhold judgement till then. It is a rather unique voice and may work well with the character. Here's a bit of a difference, I actually like the extended cast of Sonic Team. While perhaps in game having too many playable ones may just take the spotlight off Sonic, nevertheless as supporting characters they're cute and mostly alright. Plus, I'm a wee bit smitten with the old Sonic comics... are they still continuing with those now? Probably...

User1988

User1988 said:

I don't get all the hate here. I was ready for some high-pitched squeaky voice that would make me cover my ears in pain judging by the comments. Then I watched the video. Her voice could have been a LOT worse, honestly, and I think it fits her.

Weird

Weird said:

looks really great and she fits perfect to the rest of the team <:

Forgael

Forgael said:

I like the design, and it's an interesting concept for a character. I found myself adjusting the volume several times while watching the YouTube video, though.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Ironic she has more "animal" instinct than the other characters, maybe even a little uncanny >__>;

That apart I honestly love what we saw and even heard so far, seems like a awesome crazy character ^o^
Not that Sonic needed more pals, but if they have to add them, they better be good!

MetaRyan

MetaRyan said:

I think the voice is fine. Besides, they always "clean up" voices for stuff like this. Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon sounds a lot more nasal-ly in studio, but Dreamworks cleans up the audio. My guess is that Sticks will be similar.
(And it's interesting to see a negative reaction from the Nintendo crowd when there's such a positive reaction in the Sonic community.)

hydeks

hydeks said:

I like Sticks kinda, but as for Sonic Boom, everything about the franchise so far looks like crap to me :-P

Please Sega, just make a normal style Sonic game when it comes time to make a game for the X1 and PS4.

WiiULoveSquid

WiiULoveSquid said:

Love this new character! Can't wait to see more of this franchise! Surprised by the negativity but at the same time I'm not lol

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

@Artwark Please don't cook that up again...
It's also barely comparable. Other M was a rather mature game, so mature, reasonable voice acting was required for good atmosphere. And that wasn't the case, sorry...
Sonic Boom is cartoony, so the voice can be as unusual as anything. And it's fitting enough for me.

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike said:

She totally is Marine in jungle form, there's no question.

Also, she sounds like Numbuh 5 from Codename Kids Next Door.

Diddy_kong

Diddy_kong said:

I've never understood why female Sonic characters wear clothes while the male characters walk around naked.

Or am I the only who thinks about such random things?? lol

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Cool! I like her design. I hope the TV show comes to Australia. I've got Foxtel so even if it stays on Cartoon Network, I can still watch it. & I'm excited for the game & maybe a bit of merchandise too! :D

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

@Diddy_kong It's nothing surprising really. They've done this with many cartoons for years. You have Diddy Kong as your profile pic, ever think of Candy Kong? Or Dixie Kong with her top?

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Marine is that you?

Honestly, I like her design. It's not bad. But man is that artwork at the end of the article HORRENDOUS! Now to watch the video.

Discostew

Discostew said:

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom! mushroom!

Honestly, the voice isn't that bad when you consider this is the Sonic universe. Expecting some Hollywood voiceover/acting is silly.

SamirMalik

SamirMalik said:

I like her. Her voice seems familiar so I'm not bothered though I can see so for 50% of others. Plus, when was the last time we even HAD a hilarious yet "sane" nutjob in a game? Or any form of media for that matter?

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

@SamirMalik No but you gave the exact same point I did, just in more obvious words. Was just pointing the fact out, no need for aggression.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

...Jungle what?

...oh wait, duh, it's a honey badger. Okay. Don't think they live in Jungles, though.

MASAHIROSAKURI

MASAHIROSAKURI said:

Voice sounds like turd, in fact her hair looks like turd fell in it! Poor character design which doesn't fit the rest! SIGH, looks like another flop from the sonic team

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

@TheWhiteFalcon So you want another Sonic 1 or Sonic 3D Blast? The series has almost always had more then one playable characters with more than one playstyle, it's the staple of the series. Every time they remove that (after Sonic CD), it goes wrong.

ZephyrTortera

ZephyrTortera said:

Too much hate, not enough space. Hating for legit reasons is one thing, but most of these reasons are just pretty stupid. i mean, Amy for Lost world was worse than Sticks. Cream from almost every game was worse than Sticks! Why are we forgetting that not-so-good VO has been a part of the Sonic universe for a while now? I just think a lot of people hate because they imagine they'll hate how the game is, and how the characters are without even trying it because of the past Sonic experiences. I mean yeah, its hard for me to get excited for a new sonic game when things like 06 come into mind. Lost world wasn't very stellar either. These are just my opinions however. If anyone wants to debate, its fine, but lets keep it a sensible argument please.

TantXL

TantXL said:

I can't get over the way the characters look in this, i mean they looked nice before why change? The voice and the look for this character terrible.

GalacticMario28

GalacticMario28 said:

She seems like she could be an interesting character, and I think her design fits well with the other characters' designs.

TantXL

TantXL said:

@kamifox1 Well i don't know why anyone would find this design any better than the last one, but that is just what i think

SamirMalik

SamirMalik said:

@TantXL Because former Naughty Dog employees. Remember Uncharted? First thing you can tell by looking a Mr.Drake is that he's very adventurous. And thats why they were changed. To reflect their key trait.

Shambo

Shambo said:

Am I the only one around here who likes the idea, ties the voice to a cartoon character instead of a voice actress, and give it a fair chance all-around? The character designs are really growing on me, and I liked them first time around as well. Remember when the world hated Wind Waker for its redesigned characters? Does anyone remember?

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

@Shambo Don't worry, I like the redesign too, I always have. I think they're actually much more logical than the original designs.

Link506

Link506 said:

The idea but the process was somehow messed up. The design was fine, I actually like it. But....oh gosh....that voice...

Link506

Link506 said:

@Shambo I like the design for Sticks, but not really the others. I really hope they don't make her a permanent part of the team though. But eh, that's just me.

FilmerNgameR

FilmerNgameR said:

Seriously....why couldn't they have chosen a comic book character or something. Oh wait maybe instead of wasting their time on a game that is really not necessary in Sonic's game line and create a new Sonic game with Generations game play in open world with all characters playable and lots of bosses too. It doesn't have to be Sonic Adventure 3 just a real open world Sonic game with Generations game play with all characters playable with their own stories would be very awesome! btw by character stories I think it would be best for Sonic, Shadow , Blaze, Silver, Knuckles, and Tails for having their own episodes. Sigh.....if only Sonic Team can think of something like this...

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

What is this i dont care bout this character i want shadow or silver and even blaze. Not some random character people dont give a damn about and that voice oh my god. I hope there is subtitles in this cause when sticks talk im going to put the game into mute.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

The stark contrast between the introduction of a new character and the mere concept of "core ensemble" is likely to further shatter Sonic's already broken fanbase.

That said, I like this! I realized Sticks has a very Naughty Dog-esque feeling, and any successor to the Crash Bandicoot imagery in the Sonic franchise is always good in my book.

Daruncic

Daruncic said:

I don't need a Crystal Ball to know you are Fooling Yourself about this being a good character. you need to let your Grand Illusions go. this Lady makes me long for The Best of Times, aka sega of the 1990's!

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

@AlexSora89 Which was what era? The '90s. Please don't tell me you never found her annoying... Following the hero around like a lost puppy, screaming at him at every opportunity once voice acting was introduced...

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Amy was flanderized (see Tv Tropes) a lot, but her presence has never bothered me that much. That said, the Sonic Boom-verse Amy is shaping up to be a good role model, abandoning her canon persona in favor of a strong girl who can take care of herself, on her own. We'll see.

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

@AlexSora89 True but my point was that the guy I initially responded to was using his 'nostalgia goggles' and longing for Sonic of the '90s when the '90s in fact introduced its own share of bad and annoying characters to the series.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@hydeks They already are afaik (2015 / PS4 / XBone / PC) made by Sonic Team Japan. (There was that leaked slide that caused them to announce Sonic Boom).

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@midnafanboy

Think about every character you've grown to love. There was a time you didn't care about them at all either. You and I and everyone else may not care about this character now, but that's because we've never played or experienced a game with her in it. What I'm trying to say is, you have to give new characters a chance. If we dismissed every new character in a game off first impressions, we might never have grown to love half the characters we love today.

I've seen some dumb characters before, but I gotta be honest here- this Sticks character is kind of likeable. I'll reserve judgement until I play the game. You should too- you may well end up loving this character when everything is said and done.

I'm diggin' the voice. And Sticks looks kinda cool, too. Although I've never heard of a jungle badger. We've got WISCONSIN badgers where I live, but there ain't no jungle in the heartland I can tell you that.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@kamifox1 Indeed, Sonic looks like he can run, Knuckles looks like he can punch. They still don't look like the animals they're supposed to be, but who cares :D

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

@JaxonH Completely agreed there. Nothing should ever be judged on first impressions. There's still time for tweaks and improvements and we haven't even seen her in action yet. She could be just as good as Sonic and co. or she could be as bad as Charmy, Big and Cream, we don't know yet. Wait until there's actual footage of her before just hating her outright.

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

@Shambo Exactly. Also, athletic tape because, well, they're athletic (Tails less-so because he isn't as much as the others and none on Sticks because she's wild, no way to get it or even know what it is), scarf on Sonic looks like it might cover his face sometimes (think, he runs fast, what happens when you move fast? Stuff flies up into your face), Goggles, tool belts and headphones (sometimes) on Tails because he's a techy and a pilot ('nuff said), Amy in a shorter, sleeker dress to allow for better mobility.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

@kamifox1 Did you delete your reply to me? I don't see it here. I wanted to say that I think honey badgers live in rainforests, not jungles. Besides, honey badgers aren't actual badgers. They belong to their own subfamily and more closely related to martens, not badgers. They sure have the fierceness of a badger though, but their 'real' name is the ratel.

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

I like it! Considering her backstory, the voice fits in an odd way. Also having another female on the team is never a bad thing.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

I am disappointed in the lack of a Crash Bandicoot joke in this article. :P

Maybe she's actually crash going Turbo

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

@JaxonH What you just said totally reminded me that i disliked midna when she first appeared but then i starting to like her then she was my favorite character of all time. It might happen again your right i should give this character a chance P.S. When midna showed her true form it really helped me make her my favorite character you get what im saying bro. No all jokes aside your totally right i should giver her chance and lets see what happens.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

I agree, the character design seems to be pretty good, but the voice acting, ... well ... time will tell.

Nomad

Nomad said:

Not too bad. She does kind of fit in with the rest of the sonic gang.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Eh, I'm okay with her appearance, at least. Nothing could be as bad as or worse than the Archie characters, right?

... RIGHT?

Leu10antFalcon

Leu10antFalcon said:

@Phantom_R In actuality, the voice of Medusa in Kid Icarus: Uprising happens to be CREE SUMMER (Numba Five from "Codename: Kids Next Door"). Nika Futterman is voicing Sticks in Sonic Boom.

ModestFan93

ModestFan93 said:

@Nibelilt Oh man I feel ashamed for not knowing the reference. TnT
@Retro_on_theGo Hm? Did she do a voice for them? I was taking about this Kids Show: Henry the HuggleMonster.

Oh man I wasn't even close. She's an accomplished voice actor though. Shame people don't want to give her a chance. =(

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

@Genesaur Right, they can be worse. Most of the Archie characters actually look really good and are much more detailed than anyone you see in the games. They also have much more personality and much better lore surrounding them.

GamecubeComplex

GamecubeComplex said:

If the hideous design wasn't enough... they make her voice more aggravating than Tails' was in Heroes and Amy's was in Generations and Lost World.

Rect_Pola

Rect_Pola said:

Okay, whatever. I can't recall a time Sonic had a deliberate "funny one" since Antoine. The voice isn't that bad, I got used to it fast and found it pronounced yet fitting, like Toad. I really don't get what in her design is repulsing people so much more than any other Sonic character.

In fact, isn't the usual "different = bad" reflex out of place toward sonic boom in general. Last time I heard, Sega made it clear this was spin-off from "your" Sonic. That tells me they still regard the franchise as an experiment they could cut off if it fails. Yeah, they're pushing it hard with merch and such, but you can't fault they're giving it the best chance they can. Remember how hard Microsoft wanted Viva Pinata to win hearts?

BOOM would have to do incredibly well for Sega to change gears and declare it the new direction of the entire franchise. And even if they did, they'd still have the other Sonic in their arsenal for when they felt it was time for a "return to form" series like NSMB.

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

@Rect_Pola Completely agreed, 100%. Finally, someone else who sees sense! I really don't get why people hate her look, I recall a lot of people loving Marine and Cream before they were seen in action, this love was based on the design which isn't far off this one. She also presents me with an air of Tikal, another character a lot of people love. Then there's Princess Sally Acorn, Bunny Rabbot and NICOLE (after she becomes a Mobian) more much-loved characters, this time from the comics, there's some similarities with their designs too.

Henmii

Henmii said:

I thought Sega wouldn't do new animals anymore? Anyway, the design doesn't look bad!

Mr_Video

Mr_Video said:

I'm usually vehemently against adding more characters, considering how many critters are running around in Sonic's world already, but I'd be willing to to keep an open mind with this one. Personally she looks to much like Marine, but from the little voice samples they gave us, it sounds like she'll actually be something a bit more unique than Sonic's other friends.
And I may be in the minority, but I don't hate the voice either. Granted, it's a little cringe-worthy, but it does fit the character. I just hope they won't make her spout random nonsense every other sentence, just as I hope they don't keep Knuckles in that stereo-typical "strong but dumb" character mold that Sega's been doing the last few years.

BlackStar9000

BlackStar9000 said:

I almost like the voice, but I want the Numbah 5 voice actress from kids next door or Foxy from drawn together.

kamifox1

kamifox1 said:

@Genesaur That doesn't make them bad, as you implied. You're seriously telling me a cyborg rabbit who was half turned into a robot before being rescued is worse than a normal, 6 year old rabbit who... What was the point in her existence again? Just because you, personally, don't like something doesn't automatically mean it's bad.
Oh and for the record, I said better lore, not more lore.

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

I'm a sucker for pigtails, so I don't think she looks that bad. It could have been a lot, lot worse.
I'm actually glad she DIDN'T have the obvious Australian voice. Its maybe a little raspy, but I don't think its very high-pitched.
So, I assume the "Dumb as a Stick" jokes have been made? I kinda get annoyed when they say a character is really smart, but make them the butt of constant ignorant jokes based on them saying stuff that sounds dumb all the time.