E3 2012: Nintendo's 3DS Software Showcase Live

Posted by James Newton

What will we see?

Nintendo's hosting a 3DS software showcase to spend more time talking about its range of upcoming 3DS games. And you know what? We're going to be covering it live right on this very page.

It all kicks off at 6pm Pacific — that's 9pm Eastern and 2am UK time.

Don't forget the comments will automatically refresh so kick back, chill out and chew the fat as we guide you through some forthcoming treats for your Nintendo 3DS.

Live Text - Updates will load here automatically, no need to refresh the page.

03:11

It is now officially bedtime. Thanks for joining me for this live text! I had fun. Catch you guys tomorrow.

03:07

Can I go to bed now?

03:04

Things we have learnt today: you guys love 3DS, but you hate games you already knew about.

03:03

And that's our show. No new games revealed, no big announcements. Bit disappointing for me.

03:03

So that was worth staying up until 3am for.

03:02

2012 games missing: Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem nowhere to be seen

03:02

Hi Krysta Chang. Hi Reggie.

03:01

Or, er, soon.

03:01

NSMB2 is out on 19th August - that's in stores and in the eShop. Quite soony.

03:00

Looks like fun!

02:59

You can play the whole adventure with a friend via Local Play

02:59

NSMB2 has co-op play - that's good news!

02:58

Coin Rush is a speed run mode basically. It turns everything into coins, surprise.

02:57

Coin Rush is a new StreetPass mode

02:57

Anyone been counting how many coins he's up to? I make it 780,000 so far.

02:56

Nate seems like a good host. He should do more of this.

02:55

In New Super Mario Bros. 2 you have to collect 1 million coins. It's like a Mark Zuckerberg simulator. HA.

02:55

There are not coins "literally" everywhere. That would make it impossible to move anywhere.

02:53

LEGO Batman 2 demo available right now

02:53

New eShop demos coming soon: The Amazing Spider-man, Rhythm Thief, Heroes of Ruin and Kingdom Hearts

02:52

Pokémon eShop apps being covered now. We knew all this, though.

02:52

Threediots is out now in case you want to offend your brain

02:52

"It's a little zany" - is this the 1990s? Bodacious!

02:51

It's like a student production only without the excuse for why it's so bad

02:51

Oh god this looks horrible

02:51

Threediots will premiere on Nintendo Video soon, it's "wacky and wonderful" apparently

02:50

Anyone spot the connection? They're all free downloads. And only one is a "real" game (and it's not out any more!)

02:50

Five eShop games passed one million downloads - Netflix, Swapnote, Four Swords, Pokédex, Nintendo Video

02:50

58 million Swapnote messages exchanged. Wowsers.

02:50

70% of 3DS owners connected to the internet.

02:49

eShop purchasers buy an average of 4.7 paid games.

02:49

eShop segment now - it's one year old today! Happy birthday, eShop.

02:49

Which I may have mentioned (it's 2:49am here)

02:49

Apparently there's a LEGO Batman 2 demo in the NA eShop. Can anyone check? I'm in the UK.

02:48

Scott says "Pokey-mon", not "poker-mon". Which do you say?

02:48

Heroes of Ruin and... oh, that's it. That was fast.

02:48

Third party sizzle vid now: LEGO Batman 2, Transformers Prime, Rabbids Rumble

02:47

Scribblenauts is no longer a series of one-off puzzles, it's now a persistent world to explore

02:47

Scribblenauts has StreetPass modes to "share creative solutions"

02:46

Scribblenauts video introduced. One person claps. Others chuckle.

02:46

Kingdom Hearts demo "coming soon"

02:46

I didn't. But then again I don't get why people like this series as Kingdom Hearts is boring.

02:45

Kingdom Hearts 3D has Circle Pad Pro support

Did we know that?

02:45

Here's the part of the conference I get to say things like "Kingdom Hearts is boring" and "I don't get why people like this series"

02:43

Third party games up next - Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance first

02:43

3D trailer for Paper Mario in the NA eShop now

02:43

Good to see so much of Paper Mario: Sticker Star - a real highlight of the holiday season schedule

02:40

Seeing a giant fan appear to blow a windmill's sails to some Also Sprach Zarathrustra-style music. Only in Paper Mario!

02:40

These stickers can also be used out of battle - plant the fan to blow a windmill

02:39

The 3D items are turned into powerful stickers for battles

Blow your enemies away with a fan

02:39

3D items include scissors, a fan, lucky cat, all sorts. You turn them into stickers!

02:38

You now boost Mario's levels by solving puzzles, exploration and finding secrets

02:37

Plant flower stickers and they will grow. You'll be rewarded for being nice. Sounds like a nice game.

02:36

A toad's flowers are all trampled so Mario is using a new sticker power to revitalise them

02:36

Some 3D items from our world appear in the game - like a 3D fan

02:35

Mario just folded up a Koopa shell and kicked it at two Goombas.

02:35

Action battle system remains - timely button presses let you attack and block as usual

02:34

Turns-based battles of course, very similar to past battle systems

02:34

Stickers are used for everything - battle and exploration

02:34

Nate was surprised by an in-game Goomba ambush - guess those enemies aren't sticking to the script!

02:33

Paper Mario 3DS looks sharp, bright and vibrant - not too much dialogue from this video!

Nate's first game was Paper Mario N64, he's worked on every game in the series since.

02:32

Nate Bihldorff is up to talk about Paper Mario. "I'm gonna play some video games here now" - best job ever?

02:32

"The sticker system adds new strategy to gameplay and battles"

02:32

Paper Mario: Sticker Star is up next

02:31

18th November 2012 for Disney Epic Mickey 3DS in North America.

02:31

Holiday season release for Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion

02:31

Warm applause for Epic Mickey 3DS. Game looks like it has some class.

02:30

Gameplay footage of Epic Mickey 3DS - looks as good as ever!

Great Mario homages, artwork looks ace, levels based on Aladdin, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast - all sorts!

02:29

Just as an aside, I have a blister on my thumb. That means I'm missing sleep AND enduring pain to bring this live text to you. You're lucky.

02:28

Peter Ong used to like to play and complete Castle of Illusion every day!

02:28

Ong clearly not used to standing on stage and talking to thousands of people.

02:27

Ong's explaining a concept that started with drawing items on the touch screen then going to the top screen. DreamRift got a call from Disney and it all went from there.

02:26

Spector and Ong are discussing Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for 3DS

02:26

Warren Spector might be the nicest man in the whole industry.

02:26

Warren Spector and Peter Ong up now to talk about Disney Epic Mickey

02:25

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will hit stores and eShop this holiday. Trailer in the US eShop now apparently!

02:24

OK it's a different trailer. Luigi just got in a lift.

02:24

Not hard to imagine how impressive that'll look in 3D.

02:24

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon looks good too: really stylish and full of character

02:23

Same trailer we saw yesterday though, I think. Not sure though, I've slept since then (briefly)

02:23

Now now now

02:23

Dave Cox has left now and Scott Moffitt is back. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on now

02:22

Promising "epic combat, deep exploration and challenging puzzles"

02:21

Four playable characters including Alucard

02:20

It has to be said, Castlevania 3DS looks graphically amazing: great lighting, animation and design

02:19

You can grab and block in combat; much deeper than other Castlevanias

02:18

It's much more like an action adventure game than others - big combos and giant enemies seem the order of the day

02:18

Always nice to hear about a 3DS exclusive, especially a Castlevania one!

02:17

Konami producer Dave Cox is on stage now to talk about Castlevania.

02:17

And there's some weird comic cut scene with goblins and trolls!

02:17

Castlevania for 3DS is out this fall - Alucard gets a special mention

02:16

We saw this trailer yesterday but it still looks good. Nice blend of 3D and 2D - really stylish.

02:15

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate might be the worst name ever, but it looks ace!

02:14

Scott is talking up third-party publishers on 3DS. Castlevania is up first!

02:14

Super Mario 3D Land 2m US sales, MK7 1.6m, Ocarina 1m

02:13

Seems we will see some new 3DS games today

02:12

Scott is talking about StreetPass - his Mii is an uncanny likeness!

02:12

Seems he's only there as a mascot, don't think he has a game though.

02:11

It is! Non-Specific Action Figure gets a big cheer.

02:11

Special guest coming out first - could it be Non-Specific Action Figure?

02:10

Spotted Kevin Cassidy of GoNintendo fame in the audience. What a beard!

02:10

This banter between Reggie and Scott Moffitt is classic stuff. BANTER.

02:09

He's already fluffed his lines.

02:09

Reggie Fils-Aime is kicking things off. People are clapping but we can't hear them.

02:09

OK here we go, we are now commencing the 3DS presentation. PREPARE FOR GAMES!

02:08

Still waiting. Anyone know any good jokes?

02:06

We're about to start!

The usual requests for people to turn their phones off. Fat chance.

02:05

While this feed is silent, I'm listening to Watch the Throne by Kanye West and Jay-Z. It's quite a good album, if you like that sort of thing.

02:03

The presentation is starting a little late, just for a change.

Expect it "soon"

02:02

It's 2am. Where's my conference, Nintendo? *shakes fist*

01:59

"Presentation will start at 6pm PST" - that's in about two minutes. Be quick!

01:58

The Wii U E3 conference had 636 comments. Can this one top it?

01:57

All you can see are reporters' laptops, tablets and phones. Do they not know they could have live texted this from the UK?

01:53

Less than 10 minutes to go so get comfy. Bring me a snack!

01:41

There better be some Animal Crossing news tonight or I'll have stayed up for nothing. Make it happen, Nintendo!

01:32

30 minutes and counting!

01:24

Your dinner stories are making me hungry. Time for junk food. Yum.

01:18

So, prediction time. Who's expecting what?

01:15

We have the live video feed now! Come watch the 3DS software showcase, kicking off in 45 minutes.

01:10

Our 3DS conference live text is up! Come join in the fun!

01:09

I'm finding it oddly entertaining to hear about what you had for dinner. Anyone take any photos?

01:08

This is James, by the way, in case you wonder who's breaking our no-first-person rule. I'll be up to bring you the live text of Nintendo's 3DS games and trying not to go too mad. Should be interesting!

01:04

So, what did everyone eat for dinner? I had a gourmet burger. It was so big I couldn't fit my whole mouth around it.

01:02

I am up and ready and refreshed to bring this live text to you! Hopefully we'll have a live video stream too but that depends. Will keep you posted!

00:15

I need sleep.

Will_Ireland

Will_Ireland said:

I gotta get some sleep too, but looking forward to reading through all your updates in the morning. Enjoy!

BenAV

BenAV said:

Hoping this thing finishes before I have to leave for my exam!
Not that it likely matters, as there probably won't be much new anyway.

SageofShadow

SageofShadow said:

I'm hoping Nintendo makes up for yesterday; we need to see something excited for the 3DS. Bring it on Nintendo, my body is ready once again.

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

Too bad I can't watch it :(. Too late in the night for me. Will this be on Youtube tomorrow?

dmobanton

dmobanton said:

I woke up thinking that it started at 1am (UK)....... cant trust myself to sleep again

roflcap

roflcap said:

cool nintendo for the win i cant wat fir the new super mario bros 2 gameplay

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

great, I'll check in tomorrow then.. I'm not expecting too much from this, probably just more in depth talk about games that were already announced, but one can only hope they have a nice littel surprise for us yet.. and if not, some nice views of luigi's mansion will satisfy me.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

@James: How do you find the willpower to keep on going? I feel for you, I really do. Hang in there man!

Oh and I haven't had dinner yet. I ordered myself a pizza, should be here any minute. ;)

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

For the record, I had a delicious homemade pizza. Also, I have a strange feeling that posting pictures of our dinners will come back to haunt us someday...

KodyWB-98

KodyWB-98 said:

I can't wait. I hope that Nintendo will surprise tonight with new titles such as Fire Emblem, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, PL 5, and a new Zelda. That would would really make Nintendo's E3 worth watching. :)

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

I might leave for Nintendo's website if u guys don't livestream...
sorry, but I can't see videos in Live text.
But I did watch yesterday on the site.
Ima check back in 40 minutes, see if u guys got teh livestreams.
C ya, ima go eat moar bacony pizza.

James

James said:

@bobhobob We need Nintendo to upload a placeholder before we can embed anything — if I can, I will bring you the stream here. If not, I'm very sorry!

Zergling

Zergling said:

Nintendo is live streaming this correct? They should have it up so that the videoplayer will come up but I am only seeing an add to calendar button.

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

@James
just did a google search, looks like you guys have no competition.
Might just have to stay here.
Also ANIMAL CROSSING PLEASE!
Me thinks Nintendo will put up live stream soon, but not for like another 35 minutes. This time I'm leaving for real, until later. Cya!

James

James said:

@Bobhobob Awesome! I like no competition :) And sure, we have the live stream now, so I hope you come and watch it with us all later :)

mamp

mamp said:

Can't wait I love my 3DS more than I love when James answers my questions on Ask James.

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

I shall not take for granted being able to watch this at 9 pm again. I feel for you James.

Better have Fire Emblem Awakening announced for NA release. Also new Zelda, Majora's Mask or not.

Metalskull

Metalskull said:

really awesome ive gotta say a big thank you for the guys hosting the hole thing can't wait for a Metroid or a Zelda surprise!

Phle

Phle said:

I had pasta with tomato sauce and vegetables. Not very interesting and I didn't take pictures...

Pokémon please! (Ö_Ö)

firearrow505

firearrow505 said:

What i really want they anything in the world is a 3D donkey kong game, Doneky kong 64 made me love DK.

Pro-N-Gamer

Pro-N-Gamer said:

Feeling a bit tired, but i'm absolutely ready for this showcase! :)
Hopefully Majora's Mask or a new Zelda game for the 3DS.. That would make me very happy :D

Zergling

Zergling said:

@ firearrow505
Dk 64 3ds with special yellow 3ds bundle????? now we are talking : )

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past remake is my number one on my 3DS wishlist. Otherwise, "overhead" Zelda, classic 2D Metroid, F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country Returns 2, Super Smash Bros. 3DS information... just toss us a frikking bone! :)

(I wouldn't be surprised at nothing new since they announce stuff at these Nintendo Directs, though)

NintendoLee

NintendoLee said:

I'm excting NSMB2, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Epic Mickey. We won't get a huge surprise as that would have been announced yesterday.

Mizore

Mizore said:

Please Capcom...this is your chance to prove hunters you're not giving up on us. :c

K964

K964 said:

FIRE EMBLEM LOCALIZED! FIRE EMBLEM LOCALIZED! PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!!!?

Zergling

Zergling said:

They better announce an animal crossing 3ds release date or my wife is writing a letter to reggie in all caps written in blood LOL

Xerxes

Xerxes said:

I dont expect anything new to be announced, i think its just going to be run down of everything we've seen with possibly some new trailers

Render

Render said:

It's 1.26am and I just found out about this. So tired but missed the first one..

janettocrossing

janettocrossing said:

They better say something about Flipnote Memo... i doubt it though... :/ I won't be so pissed as long as they give us a release date for Animal Crossing ...

Zergling

Zergling said:

@firearrow505 Everything. Very strong community. It was the #8 worldwide trend on twitter yesterday when it was NOT announced now that is a rabib fan base.

Metalslime

Metalslime said:

Speaking of Mother 3...

Nah I do wanna see some changes to the 3DS homescreen and maybe SNES games on the virtual console and while we're at it, I hope they let us link our Wii VC games to the 3DS, that'd make my year. And ofc Monster Hunter 3G localised and with added online mode.

Not too much to ask is it?:P

LeTr011

LeTr011 said:

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess.Super Smash Bros. Brawl, metroid, and another Resident Evil

DF2506

DF2506 said:

Janett, totally agree with you. Animal Crossing or its a bust!

firearrow, its a game you have to play to believe that its fun. If I explain it, you might just go "hmm" but its a VERY addictive Sim game. Really love the series. And Animal Crossing fans have been waiting FOREVER AND A DAY for this new title finally get a release date....

I just want AC3DS out of this. If they give that, i'll be VERY happy. If not....sigh Then I'll wonder why I even bothered with this E3...

SpriteKing

SpriteKing said:

If they introduce one Nintendo-published game that ISN'T a sequel, I'll be happy, actually.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

@James You must be REALLY devoted to Nintendo to give up sleep just so others can find out about the newest games when they wake up.
Thanks NLife, and all you go through so I don't have too!

Phle

Phle said:

Just drop by, and you can borrow dry pasta... Sorry, but can't promise anything else right now.

Zelda would be a nice one, yes. I'm still praying for Pokémon to happen though, not that I believe it will...

It's cold night here too :( no plans of sleeping just yet though.

Aloth

Aloth said:

Yesterday was a disappointment but let's hope for the best. I'd guess a f-zero 3ds, risky but it is on Nintendo land! If fire emblem is not announced I'd buy a vita now!!!

mamp

mamp said:

My Wishlist:
New Mario & Luigi announcement
Actual release dates for the games they showed yesterday and AC
FPS metroid with CPP support
Cool 3rd Party games
Professor Layton Mask of Miracle and VS Ace Attorney and Ace Attorney 5
new 3DS eShop games
cool RPG announcements
Something completely unexpected

mOh

mOh said:

This last half hour is going by so slowly... Personally I'm hoping for a new Nazo no Murasame-jō. They wouldn't have included it's hero Takamaru in NintendoLand for no reason, so I'm guessing they're bringing it back. Also hoping Retro are working on a Mach Rider game. A mix between Road Rash-style driving and on foot bits like Baynoetta/Devil May Cry/etc would make me do a sex wee :) Sadly I think we'll just get 3DS Fit or something.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I really want to see some news about Animal Crossing. I know that a bunch of my 3DS friends feel the same way. :)

Mizore

Mizore said:

cooks up some lasagna....and by cook I mean the frozen kinda that you throw in the microwave for 10 minutes, lol

mamp

mamp said:

@firearrow505
It's a great game if you like life sims but with a cute animal twist also you can take things slowly and relax and do things on your own time. I love paying off and upgrading my house and getting tons of furniture and making friends with my neighbors and that's just without the internet connection.

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

Come to think of it a new Mario & Luigi RPG would be at the top of my list (save Fire Emblem for NA)

I would like a new Metroid that's a throwback to the older 2D titles. I don't like FPS.

mOh

mOh said:

Hope they show Acid Ghost too. Rumours said it was a Wii U game but sod all was shown yesterday so maybe - if it's real - it's a 3DS game?

Phle

Phle said:

I hope they will show off something new, something we not already know about, is that having too high expectations?

JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa said:

A FPS would be nice. They're not exactly my favorite, but I enjoy them quite a bit and would like a good one on the 3DS.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Wow your up late James, as am I. It will be worth it if we get Animal Crossing info, right?

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Any Dragon Quest related news would be awesome! Hoping for some more RPGs and also some Monster Hunter for 3DS.

mamp

mamp said:

Come on Nintendo you know we all want the next cooking Mama she can do it all.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

20 more suspension filled minutes... I feel like I'm waiting for E3 all over again!
After NO new 3DS games were announced I feel like I'm getting an E3 just for 3DS... which I kinda am, LOL.

SpriteKing

SpriteKing said:

If this goes any better than yesterday's presentation went, I'll be happy.
Don't dissapoint, Ningrundo.

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

I want to hear more about Code of princess, seeing as the game got a US release date recently, also the new Zelda game, and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

Also, it would be great if there's news of a localized Project X Zone.

Squirtodile

Squirtodile said:

I was just trying to beat Tate & Liza from Pokemon Emerald. I'm here to blow off some steam. (If you've played emerald and were ever underleveled you'd understand) Of course, i would've come anyway XD

zeldaeevee64

zeldaeevee64 said:

i really wanna see Animal Crossing 3D. I have all the games in the series, and this one seems like it will be amazing. I also wanna see some Zelda on the 3DS.

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

Looking at my post now, I meant to say localization for Code of Princess, oops.

Sonicman

Sonicman said:

The next N64 game to be brought to the 3DS... SUPERMAN 64 :D! We all want it, VERY badly :3.

mamp

mamp said:

Please a new Banjo Kazooie game if Microsoft has worked with Nintendo to make Viva Pinata and Diddy Kong Racing DS I'm pretty sure they can do this one 2. Remember birds of a feather XD

Birdman

Birdman said:

Something fresh that I'm not expecting or would see coming. I count a true F-Zero game (not that NintendoLand one) as something I would see coming.

DeadAntelopesGo

DeadAntelopesGo said:

IGN still has a "Secret E3 Game" listed on their games list which recently changed too "Nintendo Game!!!(TBA)" ...so there's that bit of info.

mOh

mOh said:

@ firearrow505 - Cheers. Sadly I thinks that's pish. Even if it wasn't, it's not the same Rare anymore. Look at what they did to poor B&K on the 360.

@ mamp - Yes, it was. But it didn't show up so who's to say it - if real - isn't a 3DS game.

Unlikely but I want a 3DS remake of Timesplitters 2 with online play.

JohnDoe123

JohnDoe123 said:

I'm not expecting any new software to be announced, apart from maybe a localization. Hoping for an Animal Crossing release date and info. I can't watch live, so thanks for this live text, James.

pc999

pc999 said:

Lets see if they have games for us in here.

I hope the retail DL version of this games is cheaper... I love steam because of that.

mamp

mamp said:

Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Banjo-ThreeDee
Sounds like a perfect name to me.

Metalslime

Metalslime said:

@mOh holy crap how did we forget timesplitters:O

And just to be controversial, I kinda liked Doshin the Giant hides

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

I can't wait to see what there is going to be here. Hopefully we get some new games announced or something.

GuardianKing

GuardianKing said:

Guys: We have THREE NEW Pokemon games on the way! I don't think GameFreak has enough manpower to give us four. If they did come out swinging with either Ranger or MD, then I'd be really happy (Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky really moved me emotionally)

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

Uh, is anyone else but me seeing double posts? o.O

Anyways, a new Golden Sun for the 3DS would be really nice.

DF2506

DF2506 said:

There won't be a 3DS XI yet. Nintendo already said (a few times) that it wouldn't happen. Next year though...

Anyway, I'm not going to put out anymore predications. I already said what I want. As long as I get that, don't care what else they do. Well, it would be nice if its some exciting stuff, but as long as they mention that one game (animalcrossing3ds)...well...you know. :)

mOh

mOh said:

@ Metalslime - Doshin was a great game. a 3DS version which lets you create your giant (like FreakyForms) and then a world (like Sim City) would be awesome. Your God could go to other peoples worlds through Street and SpotPass. I'm making myself want this too much now and it'll never happen.

Xerxes

Xerxes said:

@pc999 Nintendo already said retail and DL prices will be the same @SkywardLink98 : they meant new games as in localizations of games for america and europe, most likely Animal Crossing, professor layton etc etc games that have already been anounced

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

hopefully, this will be worth staying up for. i'd like to see metroid, zelda, project x zone, maybe a new kirby game, that sonic and allstars racing transformed game. anything else by nintendo would make up for last tuesday.

Ras

Ras said:

The only thing I care about (besides tons of surprises) is whether or not Sticker Star has partners.

mamp

mamp said:

@SonicmanThey've already made games for Nintendo on the DS like Viva Pinata and Diddy Kong racing. Microsoft does it to keep them popular.

mOh

mOh said:

No audio as it hasn't started. It's just people coming in. Calm down.

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'm watching this instead of doing last minute exam revision so hopefully it'll be worth it!

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

Though I'm not expecting that to happen.

Oh well, I'll be happy with more news for Code of Princess.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Oddy Thoughts™:
The conference was a boring blah-fest except for the 3DS games, so if this is just more of that then it should be pretty awesome! :)

mOh

mOh said:

Ice Climbers 3D - like Journey on the PS3 but in snow and much bigger. Loads of mountains to climb/platform on. Your Mii in a cute parka like Popo and Nana. Meet other climbers on online play. Make it happen, Jebus!!

kingofsouls

kingofsouls said:

I swear there has better be info about a new TWEWY or Fire Emblem Kakausei.
Otherwise there is no hope.

mOh

mOh said:

@Sonicman - Do hope that wasn't sarcasm, haha. I personally think that would be a fantastic game.

@shinobi88 - F-Zero as it would make peoples eyes bleed. Just be like F-Zero X not GX.

Oh, 748 StreetPass hits if anybody cares (I know you don't).

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Let's start this party with a bang!!! BANG
Some nice 3DS surprises would make the nice cherry on top of a great night if the Thunder win the Western Conference title tonight, to play for Oklahoma's first pro sports title! :)

BenAV

BenAV said:

The E3 press conference was meant to be the most exciting event, probably followed by this and then the Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct... But the Nintendo Direct was far better than the E3 Press Conference so it seems to be in backwards order... so hopefully this is at least somewhere in the middle. :P

Nin-freak

Nin-freak said:

Those people have no idea that 20,000 people just watched them stand up and sit back down :P

mOh

mOh said:

Reckon we'll get more Puzzles and a Find Mii 3? Would be cool. Maybe let us have clothes and accessories as opposed to hats. And let us swap puzzle pieces online so it's possible to get those damn pink pieces.

mamp

mamp said:

OMG awesome it's a good thing I have the office to myself after 6 I can watch this in peace.

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

I want the cobalt blue 3DS.

And now that I remember it, I want to see more Castlevania mirror of fate.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Oddy Thoughts™:
I'm going to eat dinner (cucumbers with dressing, pork, and sweet potato fries) and try memorize lines for the production of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I'm going to be in, all while watching the conference. Should be fun!

Xerxes

Xerxes said:

its shocking how excitement can quickly turn in to rage within nintendo fans

KonaShiner

KonaShiner said:

@Xerxes
So true. So very true.
I really hope this isn't technical difficulties. I feel like I'm missing something scrolling down here to post.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

@Bob Curious: does best look best, while high streams better, and low streams even better, at the cost of quality of course?

zeldaeevee64

zeldaeevee64 said:

@Xerxes you're right. we nintendo fans can be so excited, and all of a sudden we get angry because of the wait. I certainly felt that way waitng for Skyward Sword and Pokemon White

akacesfan

akacesfan said:

Hopefully they'll expand on NSMB2's coin gimmick. It'll be interesting to see what that's about.

mOh

mOh said:

Christ on a bike, do you Americans know nothing about time keeping?!

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

I hope there are good surprises due to the wait. I still have Ness's baseball bat ready to get excited! Strange how I am using an iPad to watch it and they are at the live show itself...

Kirk

Kirk said:

I wish they'd just show the footage without the tool droning on about how you actually play the game and what cool weapons you have etc.

Just show me gameplay footage for a few minutes and done.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

@mOh
Hahaha, that´s a good one. If we could swap those pink puzzle pieces online, it would be possible to get them one day. They´re giving us new puzzles every two month or so, with yet another containing pink pieces.

pariah164

pariah164 said:

Luigi! I love it.

Everyone clamoring for Zelda/a new 3DS design, please shut up. It's not happening.

CerealKiller528

CerealKiller528 said:

I like how Nintendo is trying to embrace third-party developers, but come on! I miss when Nintendo would only focus on their games .

James

James said:

You guys are going to blitz the past comments record! Thanks for your enthusiasm!

CerealKiller528

CerealKiller528 said:

N64? I'm sold. That was the greatest system ever.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Bleh, is the rest just third party stuff?
If so, then boring.

Don't care for Kingdom Hearts.

TLink9

TLink9 said:

I'm giving up on Animal Crossing VERY disappointed nintendo. We hardly know anything about it.

c0ldfire16

c0ldfire16 said:

we already knew about all these games. i thought they were gonna show us something NEW -_-'

BenAV

BenAV said:

Bleh, Scribblenauts Unlimited.
I'm interested... for the Wii U version.

zeldaeevee64

zeldaeevee64 said:

we already know about kingdom hearts. why can't they show something new, like animal Crossing? but scribblenauts looks good

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

PLEASE HAVE A GOOD GAME NEXT. KH SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY GOOD THIRD PARTY GAME. CRAP. WHERE IS FREAKING ANIMALMCROSSING AND FIRE EMBLEM!

Guhin13

Guhin13 said:

Ugh. Don't worry c0ldfire16, I thought the same thing. This is pretty annoying. I mean, yeah, I'm excited for Paper Mario, but I've seen and heard about all these games enough already, especially Kingdom Hearts.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Threediots is the greatest insult to my intelligents in a long while, and that's saying something...

akacesfan

akacesfan said:

I kind of want to watch the whole thing (Threediots) just to see how terribly horrible it is. I'll let you know how much brain damage I suffer...

TLink9

TLink9 said:

Nintendo has just been appealing to mario fans this last year and now. I am sick of all these mario games

hydeks

hydeks said:

I wanted to see something new, ohh well... metroid would have been really cool

AlbertoC

AlbertoC said:

NSMB2 has the very same music from the Wii? This has turned my face away from it...

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'm a bit more excited for New Super Mario Bros. 2 now.
Will probably buy it.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I sure do wish that New Super Mario Bros 2 didn't seem like such a copy and paste job. Same music and everything as NSMBW. Kinda disappointing.

coolvw93

coolvw93 said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat no animal crossing anuoncement at all........... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sc100

sc100 said:

Looks like Animal Crossing has been delayed into 2013. Not surprised.

pastasauce

pastasauce said:

No new games, yet somehow way better than yesterday, maybe cause the games were actually good.

Guhin13

Guhin13 said:

Wow, I wasn't aware E3 was a platform to announce a bunch of games we all knew about already. Really Nintendo? Not one effing surprise title? Ugh... this E3 was frustrating.

Mizore

Mizore said:

Sooo....other than that we got more info on Paper Mario and a few others...basically no new games we already heard about... :/

mamp

mamp said:

This is how the Wii U presentation should have gone well detailed explanations to show us why we want these games/Wii U

Kirk

Kirk said:

Well there weren't really any new games there but the ones they did show are pretty good games for the most part.

A better upcoming library than the Wii U at the moment imo.

Moorpheel

Moorpheel said:

Well, considering AC is released in Japan very late this year, its reasonable it will take some time to localize

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Was really hoping for some surprises, but Mario 2 has me a lot more excited than before! The streetpass game sounds pretty cool.

ennan

ennan said:

Well that's 3:04am here. Time for bed. Wasn't much new here was there? Was glad to see non-specific action figure though.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Plenty of good 3DS games on the way which is good... but we already knew about them all so this conference was a bit unnecessary. :P

Malkeor

Malkeor said:

Nothing new :( but im ULTRA EXCITED for Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion

I like Nate also, you make these things fun. Good job Nate, please come up and talk more next time. Just don't let your voice trial off too much.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

Soo i am assuming they meant they are showing new demos for games we already knew about!! THERE BETTER BE A NINTENDO DIRECT VIDEO EXPLAINING THIS YEARS E3!!!!

mOh

mOh said:

All the main games look great and are definite purchases - Castlevania really impressed me and I'm not a fan of the series - so it was good to see them. Just wish there was something new. Even if right at the end it'd just been five seconds of F-Zero or an Arwing flying past something or anything. Something to get excited about. Oh well. Night everyone.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

I thought they´d give a teaser trailer for some 3DS game coming in 2013 or 2014. Oh well, back to sleep. I just can´t imagine how many lives I´ll be having in NSMB2 or how quickly I´ll reach 99...

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

James, you are also mad about AC AND FE? WE MUST THROW NESS'S BASEBAll BAT AT REGGIE. HE MUST GIVE US AC!!!!!!!

BenAV

BenAV said:

I don't mind about the lack of Fire Emblem that much... because I'm pretty sure it's on the way to the PAL regions... right?
And I guess it's a shame that we have to wait a bit longer for Animal Crossing, but I totally don't have the money anyway, too many games.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

No new game announcements? That's probably what we all follow E3 for. More footage is fine, but nothing unexpected? FAIL!!!

Plus, my Thunder are losing. FAWK!!!

Percentful

Percentful said:

Now that it's all over, I'll state my opinion
That was a very "meh" e3.
That 3ds presentation wasn't bad by any means, but they announced ZERO new games. New games is kind of why we have e3. So while it was still an entertaining time, and definitely better than the Wii U presentation, I wish we had gotten more.
In the end, I don't mind much, since new games get announced throughout the entire year, and I have Paper Mario to look forward to.

James

James said:

@Oddy You can but you need to refresh the page first!

I'm going to bed now. Sorry this was so disappointing you guys!

Tsukun

Tsukun said:

Some interesting info about Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion, but no new announcements. What a shame.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

For E3 as a whole; except for excitement about Wii U, NSMB U & 2 (hey, U2 ;)), and a game here and there; this E3 was terribly mediocre and disappointing. So few surprises to be found anywhere. I have high expectations for E3, 2013 edition, because it doesn't get much more uneventful than this.

Thank you for all the wonderful coverage, NL staff, I appreciate all your hard work! :)

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I'd like that hour back now, please. I think even the people who complained that Nintendo's main show was supposedly garbage should by and large be able to admit it was GOLD compared to this sludge.

Silvervisiona

Silvervisiona said:

Wow. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm glad they kept this segment OUT of the Nokia press conference. The 5 minutes they did spend on the 3DS was great. This past hour was an insult...

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

Disappointed to hell and back with this entire E3 from Nintendo. No Animal Crossing, no Metroid, no Zelda, no F-Zero, no Donkey Kong, no Star Fox, no solid release dates for anything except a recycled (and for the first time kinda bad-looking) Mario sequel. I'm just speechless at the level of suck the past two days have been for Nintendo games.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Oddy — note that you'll also need to refresh the page after reporting anything in order to see it having been taken care of. the comments appear automatically, but they don't disappear automatically :3

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

With no surprises and what amounted to a complete waste of time here, yesterday's Wii U conference was a smash hit by comparison. What was the point of this tonight??? Looks like Nintendo Co. Ltd. stock taking another dive tomorrow...

pc999

pc999 said:

NO NEW GAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT IS WHAT E3 IS FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plus I wanted cool new apps, like flip note 2 and 3DS creative software (like Inchworm, rhythmic, art academy), and extra fuctionality like youtube/vimeo video and a improved browser....

Also no FIre Emblem or Code of Princesa for Europe :(

That said, great game I whish I will be able to get them all.
All but NSMB, I didnt like of that game and I am get tired of so many Marios too.

Maybe if they are cheaper on the eShop... :)

Bankai

Bankai said:

The worst E3 presentation in the history of E3.

Dear Nintendo: not everyone loves flipping platformers. Get some freaking variety into your lineup please, because the 3DS still a terrible console by my taste in games.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

this was a terrible year compared to the awesome scope of the last two years. Nintendo do not do this again next year this was very disappointing.

KodyWB-98

KodyWB-98 said:

Now to play the waiting game.
"After all, patience is a virtue."
Descole--- Professor Layton and the Last Specter

Masterman280

Masterman280 said:

Terrible E3 conference and Terrible 3DS showcase... i hope Nintendo loses a lot of consumers, harsh but they deserve it.

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

Yeah I know Xerxes, Fire emblem is coming to the US, and everyone's too far in disappointment land to care :(

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

I'm seeing a 2013 release window for Fire Emblem awakening, how about anyone else?

pastasauce

pastasauce said:

Guys, come on, all the games they showed today were great whether you've already seen them or not. But seriously, WHERE WAS LAYTON!?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

Guys, please do us a favor and

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE, PLEASE!

We ask that you not use profanity here at Nintendo Life in the very first paragraph of our Community Rules. I'm seeing a lot of new faces and people who don't post very often, so please take a look and refresh yourselves if you're not sure what is and isn't okay here at Nintendo Life. Thank you! :3

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@SDDMN: Probably, yeah. Can't see them squeezing it out with these other "Holiday Season" games coming up. Sadly, I fear the same for Animal Crossing. Can't believe they haven't even MENTIONED it all week.

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

Anyways, I'm really excited for Castlevania MOF, and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon!

I'm also looking forward to NSMB2 and Paper Mario.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Gosh Nintendo. Where was my Animal Crossing? Where was Fire Emblem? I just don't understand. :|

GreenDream

GreenDream said:

I'm guessing Nintendo thought Fire Emblem was too niche to present for everyone on the other side of the Pacific...

And Eguchi is too busy fantasizing about Nintendo Land to bring us Animal Crossing info.

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

The lack of any major surprises disappointed me. I wanted to see Fire Emblem, I wanted to see Bravely Default, I wanted to see Monster Hunter, I was hoping for a Megaman revival, was also really hoping to see some western games.....

This has been pretty much disappointing.

hendie001

hendie001 said:

i really did not mind it except reggie. looking forward to castlevania and the mario titles.

GreenDream

GreenDream said:

Look on the bright side, the 3DS has good backwards compatibility! There's never been a better time to be a retro gamer!

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

I thought the did a great job on there lineup, and just remember that they will have a lot to reveal at there next E3.

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

I take that back. Just read Fire Emblem has been confirmed. They REALLY should of confirmed it in the conference.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Well, I liked the games they showed tonight but since they already showed them yesterday it was disappointing. I was under the impression that they were going to show us something new but nope. Anyway, looking forward to Epic Mickey, Castlevania, Kingdom Hearts, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario and Fire Emblem.

KodyWB-98

KodyWB-98 said:

It may seem Nintendo could have done better ( maybe even a lot), but read my previous comment #769.

3dsisthebest

3dsisthebest said:

i think it was a good 3ds presantation. i´m looking forward to nsmb2, kh, lm2, pm3D and pokemon and you know that there´s still the tokio game show to announce more about ac3d and probably some american/european n-direct where it will be announced for us and prof. layton and some others which were already released in japan. for the ones who´d liked to see sth. about bravely default, layton vs. attorney and mh4: this games must get a release for japan first.

LittleKing

LittleKing said:

It seems that all of the good stuff is confirmed outside of the presentations. Project P-100, Game & Wario as well as Fire Emblem's localization. :S

3dsisthebest

3dsisthebest said:

fire emblem is good stuff for a n-direct. the next will be in august i guess when you look at the 2 month rythm of the last presantations.

Despair1087

Despair1087 said:

woosh the sound of Nintendo stock plummeting (even more)

its becoming increasingly harder and harder to defend Nintendo...

sigh...

pariah164

pariah164 said:

So many negative Nancys up in here.I loved the presentation, loads of stuff I haven't seen before.

evildevil97

evildevil97 said:

With all the goodies coming later this year, I dont think they really needed to announce anything new. Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, New Mario 2, Epic Mickey 2... it's a solid latter half of 2012! And that's just the 3DS! Wii U goodies are also gonna be fun.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I still wish they did, though. Paper Mario and Code of Princess are still all I've got for the Fall for any Nintendo platform. :/

Debageldond

Debageldond said:

This has been one of Nintendo's worst E3 showings I've seen. Not by content alone, mind you, 2008 was probably worse, but taking everything into account, this was a very important show and they punted on it. And it's not just the company's losses which are concerning but I believe overblown, but the fact that most of the past year I've been grumbling to myself that Nintendo had better have a good showing at E3, because things have not been good on the games front.

I'm very excited about Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, but that feeling is overshadowed by disappointment and the feeling that Nintendo has been fairly lazy and traded a certain degree of landmark vision for easy money. I'm tired as hell of the recent style of Mario game, and I can't seem to get excited for another NSMB title. Do you know what would be an excellent showcase for Wii U? A fully 3-D, immersive Mario game along the lines of 64/Sunshine/Galaxy/Galaxy 2. It's not about the hub world, it's about good gameplay based on quality rather than timing and gimmicks a la 3D Land.

Sorry if I'm being a bit unfair here, but I hold Nintendo to a very high standard, as they generally hold themselves to one. When they do well, their often quixotic behavior that flouts industry conventions seems genius and amazing; when they don't, they seem ridiculously out of touch and behind the times. In the early 2000s, the latter was mostly true; in the late 2000s, the latter. Unfortunately, the former seems to have taken hold over the last year or so at an incredibly inopportune time for the company.

What find particularly bothersome about this was that the Wii U looks great, but I'm seeing more of Nintendo playing catch up to the other consoles with it than any sort of "killer app". No, New Super F***ing Mario Bros. Volume 578 doesn't cut it, guys, even if it looks cool. It looks like a great console, and I will buy it on or around day one, but I don't see it creating much buzz, and I expect Nintendo's market share to once again fall to Gamecube levels, mostly due to poor promotion and software decisions. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm generally an optimist. Nintendo Land looks fun, but it's a microcosm of everything Nintendo has been criticized for in an increasingly large number of circles of older gamers. I generally don't like those people, but you can't just ignore people you don't like when you're making a console, as it has to have a larger base of supporters.

If Nintendo wants to become a third party, more of these underwhelming E3 shows at important times is the way to go. There's plenty of good software coming down the pipeline and the Wii U looks like fun, but Nintendo has absolutely struck out in the perception game. That's the area where the company has never fared well (in fact, they seem borderline-autistic), and it's very important for reeling in potential new customers and returnees. I'm a "hardcore" Nintendo fan, but the company's commercial successes (Wii, which was initially predicated upon playing the game of perception well for the first time in nearly a decade at E3 2006) are good for us as well. Don't say "we don't need 'em" about casuals and "omfg so hardcore" Sony/Microsoft/PC gamers. You can't build the company on an island populated by Nintendo nerds like us, just like a successful sports franchise can't build its successes solely on die-hard fans (google "pink hat" regarding the Boston Red Sox). It's something that Nintendo hopefully understands, but a balance is rarely shown off in their presentations. Massively disappointing from a company that really should know better by now.

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

Y'know I was way more pleased with this 3DS conference than the debacle that was yesterday's presentation. However, that's really not saying much. Simply put, I think Nintendo is beginning to lose its touch with innovation. They are becoming more like other game companies in how they're rushing games out for a quick release. I mean, c'mon Nintendo do we REALLY need ANOTHER TWO NSMB games IN THE SAME YEAR? The worst thing about the NSMB titles is that they are essentially carbon copies of each other with powerups and enemy placement switched up. Where's the love? What happened to the amount of care and thought that went into these games? Mario games have been becoming increasingly reliant on past concepts and sooner or later that's just not gonna cut it. I really hope that Nintendo takes a HUGE hit in their stocks or something because it's destroying me to see the visionary gaming company I love devolve into another mindless video game manufacturer. In all honesty, the second video game industry crash may not be as far off as we think.

crazyj2312

crazyj2312 said:

The reason I didn't like it was because everything they showed, we kind of already knew about. They made it seem like they were going to reveal some all important stuff, since the conference was stand alone. But all it was was a very tiny bit of info on things we've already seen and a reel of third party games that looked very unappealing (to me). Personally, I was hoping they would hint at something like an update or something but not even that.

Torchwood

Torchwood said:

We already knew about all of this stuff... and did any of us care about Lego Batman or Rabbids Rumble? Disappointing, almost a worse E3 than 2008 IMO.

akacesfan

akacesfan said:

Am I the only one who actually liked that press conference. I thought it was pretty cool that we received more info on games.

mamp

mamp said:

I should have known, it's a conference by NOA after all, they're only good at re-showing games and info that we already know.

CaPPa

CaPPa said:

I don't understand the logic of any of the big 3 this year, as every single game had been announced prior to the show. It was especially shocking for Nintendo because they usually have a suprise or two (well there was Nintendoland but that wasn't the kind of suprise many wanted).

I'm not suprised that there were no new 3DS announcements though, as the line up for 2012 is already pretty full, plus Nintendo generally don't announce a lot of games that won't be appearing in the same year.

Supermarioman

Supermarioman said:

I guess Software Showcase was an appropriate title, since that's exactly what they did. Showcase the upcoming software for the 3DS. Nothing else major, and while I'm saddened by the lack of really any reveal (Minus Fire Emblem AFTER the show which erks me more then anything else), they showed some solid titles. My only real concerns with 3DS was the lack of mentioning any localization of titles like Monster Hunter 3G and the remake of Dragon Quest Monsters and then the big missing Animal Crossing which I was for sure was going to be one of the bigger games shown at this one. It worries me more then it should that it wasn't shown at all or even mentioned. What the hell happened to it. I'm willing to wait, but please acknowledge it still exists. Beyond those things, it was what I sort of expected with an extra 10 minutes of Paper Mario.

Basically I think Nintendo's biggest problem this year was the fact they took so much time explaining things that didn't really need it that took time away from other important showings or information that they could have given. No massive core franchises doesn't exactly upset me since we've seen so many of them released recently on the Wii with the exceptions of Starfox, F-Zero, and Wave Race. The rest of which have had solid fairly recent entries on the Wii which explains their absences. This year's E3 was a solid showing of the upcoming content this year, nothing less, nothing more......

Nanoline

Nanoline said:

Nintendo as a whole was incredibly disappointing this year. Was not sold on WiiU by far; the tech is impressive, but we learned nothing that we didn't already know, and saw nothing we hadn't already seen on stage. Except NintendoLand, and some of us would like to un-see that.

3DS was, somehow, more disappointing just because we were only told about things that we already knew, and then some things we knew about were left off entirely: Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem anyone?

DF2506

DF2506 said:

Nintendo games always come at almost the same time as they do in Japan anymore. So IF Animal Crossing is coming in Japan this year, its coming here & Europe too. But it doesn't look like it is, unless Nintendo just decided to leave the title for an upcoming Nintendo Direct this month or next...

But it all seems unlikely. Just VERY unhappy with the whole thing.

I needed that Lego Batman 2 demo. Punching lego stuff & punching/throwing Robin around helped. Fun demo. I'll be playing it more (too bad we didn't get to see any of the other characters).

Also the new special visitor was nice too.

But these are very small consolation prizes. Brief smile and then I remember they didn't even TALK about AC3DS. They could have pu the logo up there with the other logos at least!!

And whats really worrying is this: every E3 since its been announced we've gotten a trailer of Animal Crossing. Its not been at the show, ever, but at least we got a VIDEO on the Eshop of it. This year....NOTHING. Its very worrying and makes me extremely unhappy.

If they had given us an eShop video to drool over at least.... sigh

My interest in E3 is officially dead.

SageofShadow

SageofShadow said:

Nintendo confirmed that Fire Emblem is coming to the West, but not specifically WHEN. Thanks, Reggie. >.>

SageofShadow

SageofShadow said:

Also, NOTHING on Heroes of Ruin but a simple video. Europe is getting HoR Demo tomorrow, why could NoA offer this demo after E3? It's sad because this game is getting more attention from the press (e.g., IGN) than it is from Nintendo.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

It was nice to see them go more in-depth with Paper Mario (and to get a FE confirmation... after the show), but overall, I came out of the 3DS showcase pretty underwhelmed - much like the rest of E3, really.

I mostly just wish that Nintendo hadn't assured everyone that they'd reveal new software tonight before they went ahead and didn't actually reveal any new software.

Popyman

Popyman said:

I liked this better than most of yesterdays stuff. Nate was probably the only Nintendo speaker who wasn't awkward and annoying the whole time and he actually seemed to care a whole lot for Paper Mario. And then Warren Spector was there, it's always nice to see him.

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

It's so sad to see so many people saying Nintendo is "disappointing." I mean, seriously... this company has given us free ambassador games to early 3DS adopters, some great 3DS titles such as SM3DL, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D and Mario Kart 9. Let's look on the bright side of the great e-shop 3DS offerings, too. Just because they have nothing on your list to announce doesn't mean its not in the works.

Silvervisiona

Silvervisiona said:

I'm not disappointed in the games. On the contrary, the games shown at this E3 seemed exceptionally interesting to me. What tanked was the presentations, and the missed opportunities to capitalize on the E3 hype. This is the first year where Nintendo legitimately revealed information ONLY on games for this fiscal year. Every E3 I've been to has been filled with future titles that are well over 1 year in advance. I think we can all agree the reason we are all upset is because they gave us nothing beyond this year. What's worse, by next E3, all the titles for next year will be leaked/revealed throughout the year such that next E3 will have nothing new either. This is pointless! Use E3 to reveal, and spend the rest of the year releasing. Don't waste our time giving us details we could happily find out throughout the year.

Again, it was good to learn of the features for all the Wii U and 3DS titles we already knew about, but I'd prefer to hear about those outside of E3. Now I have nothing to look forward to during the year...except for a price and release date. Whoopdeedoo.

Molotov

Molotov said:

It's Quite Obvious That Scott Muffin Is Gunning For The Position Of CEO Of Nintendo Of America

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Wait the coins in NSMB2 are a mode and no the main game? Its emphasis reeks of something put in to make it seem different to NSMBU. I take it they only mentioned spotpass and not online leaderboards...

As for Fire Emblem, they could have mentioned it at any of the shows. I was not seriously expecting any footage since Fire Emblem games tend to have a tonne of text and so take 6 months or so to come out (exception, Shadow Dragon which fans berated for having next to no text among other things). Then again Path of Radiance was seen at the E3 directly after its release in English...can't recall if that E3 was in July though...

Pro-N-Gamer

Pro-N-Gamer said:

@grumblegrumble I absolutely agree with you.. Lots of people expected too much and can't believe why they are complaining so much about Nintendo.. No doubt there are many great titles in the works!

Moshugan

Moshugan said:

What people seem to miss is their decision to only talk about games that are coming THIS year! All of the Wii U and 3DS titles shown are coming in 2012, as far as I can tell.

luminalace

luminalace said:

Nintendo should really learn that us fans like hearing about new games and not the same stuff we have been reading on Nintendolife for months!

3dsisthebest

3dsisthebest said:

you know that at a showcase show only once presented titles are going to be shown off not new titles. and you may already know that capcom said that they haven´t any title for a nintendo console on this years E3. so don`t be to much disappointed. AC3D, layton vs. attorney and other expected titles are likely to be presented in a nintendo direct or at the tokio game show.

James

James said:

Well to be fair, before this show we hadn't seen or heard from Luigi's Mansion or Paper Mario since September last year, so it was good to see them again :)

123akis

123akis said:

at least we got 15 minutes of paper mario 3ds gameplay... and extra lugis mansion gameplay and all the other game trailers... but e3 is suppose to be new things

rjejr

rjejr said:

James, thanks for staying up all night, reading your notes this morning was very LOL, I think you might have been delirious. Sorry about the blister though, way to take one for the team.
And I've never in my life heard anyone say Poker-mon, it's Pokey-mon, even w/ Boston and NY accents.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Actually, it's Pokay-mon with a long "A" sound.

Well, that was a waste of an hour of my life. The 3DS really got shafted at E3 this year with only a Super Scribblenauts announcement.

James

James said:

@rjejr You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed reading my madness. TBH I haven't read them over again as it might worry me. Maybe the Poker-mon is a UK/US thing; I don't know anyone who calls it Pokey-mon. Must just be you North American weirdos.

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

Just want to add my thanks to James and all the team for the great E3 coverage. I was still up at 0145 and decided hang around for the conference and comments as I was convinced there would be SOME mention of AC3D. Big mistake! Lost an hour's sleep, then went to bed and cried into my pillow :)

gamergoddess

gamergoddess said:

I'm pretty disappointed they didn't speak a word of AC3DS but maybe they will say some at a later time or maybe it is one of those games they don't show until 2 weeks before release.
(l _l) /
V l V

Yellowgerbil

Yellowgerbil said:

I actually liked the E3 presentation (pikmin 3), but the Nintendo direct presentation was just rehashed software. Although I did get more interested in Luigi's Mansion 2 (Dark Moon). I don't play AC but I do know what it's like to be in that situation (MH3G) so I am sorry for you guys.

3dsisthebest

3dsisthebest said:

it is incredible. one of my friends send a requst at nintendo.de about the release date of ac3d and the answer was wait till the next nintendo direct. you know what this means?!

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

Reggie saved us from smashing our computers, but where is AC? It was in Japan for crying out loud. And why did that special note said there would be NEW games at the conference.

....

THERE WERE NO NEW GAMES! NOT BY THIRD PARTIES OR BY NINTENDO!

Just terrible games like Paper mario and Epic Mickey 2. Luigi's mansion 2 and NSMB2 look great though! (I swear, if I max out my lives the first day I buy it, I will throw the game in the garbage. Infinite 1-up tricks are OK, but not a crapload of coins.)