Gaze At This Beautiful Limited Edition Zelda 3DS Console

Posted by James Newton

It's black and gold

Got space in your collection for another limited edition Nintendo 3DS? How about a Zelda 25th Anniversary model with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D?

Nintendo of Europe just revealed the new black model bearing the Hyrule crest and it's looking exceptionally beautiful.

It's out on 25th November and will cost €199, with a UK price likely to sit around the £169.99 mark.

NINTENDO ANNOUNCES LIMITED EDITION THE LEGEND OF ZELDA 25th ANNIVERSARY BUNDLE

Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the The Legend of Zelda series with a new limited edition Nintendo 3DS system bundled with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

8th November 2011 – The Legend of Zelda™ is highly regarded as one of the most critically-acclaimed video game series of all time. To celebrate its 25th anniversary and to mark this occasion, Nintendo is releasing a special 25th Anniversary limited edition* Nintendo 3DS™ system, marked with the Hyrule emblem and golden-coloured embellishments. This limited edition console will come bundled exclusively with a copy of The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D which was specifically created for the Nintendo 3DS system, and will become available in stores across Europe from 25th November 2011 – just in time for Christmas!

Fully re-mastered from the original Nintendo® 64 title, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is packed with stunning 3D graphics and visual delights for fans, both familiar and new to the franchise. As part of the bundle your copy of the game will contain, a special dual sided sleeve; on the front the classic game sleeve design appears but on the reverse there is the limited edition golden coloured sleeve. This dual sided special sleeve is only available as part of The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary bundle.

Join Link, a heroic young boy, on his quest to save the land of Hyrule from Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of Thieves. Interact with many different characters and battle various enemies while exploring vast landscapes, mythical temples, dungeons, towns and villages - all in 3D!

What’s more, make the most of the new control scheme, completely re-designed to make the best use of the Nintendo 3DS capabilities, all of which help you to intuitively guide Link on his journey.

The game’s graphical re-working coupled with the three-dimensional depth provided by the Nintendo 3DS breathes new life into this timeless classic. Whether you're a first-time player or a regular visitor to Hyrule, the limited edition Nintendo 3DS system bundled with The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D offers a magical new experience for all to enjoy, on 25th November 2011.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I just don't think I'll be able to bring myself to buy another 3DS system until they release the model with a second Slide Pad. But that thing is gorgeous. :D

abINC4L

abINC4L said:

OMG, GIMMIE GIMMIE! Hmm, I hope they don't release it until next year over here :3 I is super broke so I don't think I'll be completely back on track until January DX

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

I think there's a typo - it says that NOE have something worth getting, surely it should be NOJ!

Jono97

Jono97 said:

Awesome.. but I'm not so like a Zelda fan. Well, just put zelda stickers on your own then it would look like this but a bit messier.

pikku

pikku said:

Holy crap, that's awesome. it looks like they tookma little 'inspiration' from the photoshopped Zelda 3DS bundle someone made back in June lmao ;)

phoenix1818

phoenix1818 said:

Damn! I just bought a plain black 3DS with Ocaina of Time 3D about a month ago, and now this? It's so beautiful! Why didn't I wait!?

nick_gc

nick_gc said:

According to Kotaku, it's out on the 25th November.

I know it's Christmas Nintendo, but come on... Stop releasing so much in such a small time frame, my wallet can't handle it!

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

It's cool, but with limited editions like this I feel weird playing anything that isn't Zelda on it.

ville10

ville10 said:

I was going to wait until a new model was released, but this seriously makes me consider buying the current 3DS model. Damn you Nintendo, why do you have to make it so difficult!?

LittleFuryThing

LittleFuryThing said:

Looks pretty.
But I shall wait patiently until a limited edition NES (or Famicom) colour model is released. :)

MontMartre

MontMartre said:

@Linkstrikesback
Agree with you compoletly.
I got my 3DS on release date, aswell as OoT:3DS also on release date.
To only now find out i could of got both, collectively, cheaper, and MUCH better looking.
However, I can complain all I want, im still trading in my current 3DS and OoT:3DS. This christmas is wreaking havoc on my wallet. >.<

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Wow that looks awesome. They should do these kind of 3DSs at launch, make them limited edition to entice people to get them. Not fair those of us who buy it early already have one. Not buying a 2nd one just because this looks awesome.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

@thereefernander
i wouldn't sell your ambassador 3DS yet. At the end of november there is an update that will allow you to transfer games from one 3DS to another.
I just got mine like last week so this kind of makes me mad but there's a chance it won't come out here in the States.

Late

Late said:

But I already have one 3DS :(
It looks so awesome even though they didn't make it that much different.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

That thing is so beautiful! I'm grabbing one 4 sure when it comes out. Should make a nice piece in my collection :D

I-U

I-U said:

Months too late, so despite its cool design, it's a disappointment.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Omfg, it's beautiful. I WANT IT. AT ALL COSTS.
Begins looking for stuff he can sell

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

25th of November - 25th Anniversary:) fancy. It looks amazing maybe even better than the ice one. im not so wealthy atm to buy another :p and even if i was id spend it on all those awesome games that are comming this month instead.

I-U

I-U said:

No, but you can expect a Legend of Zelda DSi XL from NOA. :)

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Ok, it's all ok, breathe.... There i'm fine now.

motang

motang said:

That looks awesome, if I didn't have the 3DS, then I would get this one.

iPruch

iPruch said:

Definitely, they hate early-adopters. I bought a blue 3DS at launch day, and same with Zelda OoT. If I had known of this bundle I could have waited since I only have Zelda OoT and Rayman 3D and I haven't played with the 3DS for several months... Oh, and paying 110€ more >.<

Well, I'm not really upset with Nintendo, but I wonder why they didn't release this bundle when Zelda OoT 3D was launched...

TourianTourist

TourianTourist said:

I hate you, Nintendo!
I just bought a 3DS recently... and I waited all the time for a bundle exactly like this, which even got denied. There's no excuse that they didn't announce or release this earlier... They just screwed every Zelda fan, who already bought a 3DS.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

"Not fair those of us who buy it early already have one."

Yeah not like you didn't already know from the day a new handheld gets announced that it'll come in a variety of limited editions.

Looking at these comments, some of you are searching a little too desperately for reasons to hate on nintendo.

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

Why doesn't Nintendo release bundles like this on release day for a little more. Then the true fans get them and they retain their value. Most of the people that I have seen with limited edition consoles are little kids who don't know how to take care of them.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

It really is very attractive, though as a day 1 adopter I'm not going to rage about it. I knew full well that new colours and iterations would be released - the red one is also nice - but prioritised the chance to enjoy the system from launch. That's just the way it goes...

All personal disappointment aside, I'd expect this may attract a few sales this festive period, by its gorgeous looks alone.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Noooooooooooo!a
Now I wish I didn't all ready have one.
That looks amazing.

NINTENBOY

NINTENBOY said:

I know we all love Zealda and this is great but why arin't they doing any of this crap for Metroid!! What do the die-hard Samus fans get......NOTHING!! They should of brought back the Metroid Trilogy or have Metroid other M bundle or at the very least slash the prices on all the Metroid games on the Wii shop. I mean come on Nintendo Samus is one of the best video game characters all time and she's the best female character in video game history and your gonna do her like that!!

It's like Samus and Mario are sitting at this tiny little table all depressed and sharing their tiny little birthday capcake with 1 candle while in the back ground everybody is throwing Link the biggiest birthday bash ever. Then Samus shoots herself with her own laser canon and Mario gets a fire flower a lights himself on fire. All thanks to you Nintendo!

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Me gusta pero hubiera preferido que fuera dorado y no negro.

I like it but i would preffer it could be golden and not black.

Blaze

Blaze said:

I'll be buying one, I'm likely just to sell it on though for a huge profit! :-)

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

Me want but I don't live in europe nor do I have enough money. for a Zelda fan like me missing out on this is torture :(

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

I knew Nintendo was going to be doing this! :D

Except, I expected it to be Green or even just gold. Damn, all these colors and bundles coming out- they're really pushing it. The only bundle DS has within it's first year release was the Mario Kart DS bundle with a red DS- which both my brother and niece got with Nintendogs (I had chiuahua, bro had golden retriever and my niece got the other.. I called it Red version lol)

Bad thing about all this-

Freaking Black Friday... Do you people in the UK have that?

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Love the small touch of gold on the buttons and 3D slider. Very slick. My Aqua is doing just fine, thanks, but as stated above, if an NES version comes out (when they eventually start selling them as VC titles??) I might have to pull the trigger to match my GB SP.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

@Marakuto
I guess you didn't notice the golden patterns on buttons and the golden 3D-slider?

On topic... ... I have a cosmo black 3DS and only Ocarina of Time.... I now officially regret getting mine.. I want this ;_;

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

Most epic special edition console I've been blessed to lay eyes on (much better than the Zelda DSlite) Forget the $80, was the Ambassador games really worth missing out on this?

MegaAdam

MegaAdam said:

Wow, is this coming to NA? I want. All we have announced so far are DSi XL's bundled with Mario vs Donkey Kong, not even new colors.

Onett

Onett said:

If the Ice White 3DS doesn't hit shelves in the US before the release of MK7, then I may have to pick up this sexy beast.

Bensei

Bensei said:

Damn you, Nintendo! If this was known 6 months ago, I would have bought it!

Pj1

Pj1 said:

I'm loving the box art and the face thats limited edition, I know this was coming though ages ago but I thought it was a rumour. I'm a Nintendo ambassador so selling my 3DS is not an option and I don't have the cash either. Why does Nintendo do this at Christmas?

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

DAMN YOU NINTENDO!!! anyone know how much you can sell a kidney for these days?

AVahne

AVahne said:

I wanted Red, but now I want this one even more, bring it over please NoA!

Cloud-San-VII

Cloud-San-VII said:

FFFFFFFUUUUUUU------- Ya know I should have suspected that. Nintendo why did you do that. Also you should release one or two more StarFox and Metroid games on the 3DS and/or Wii U. These systems also need Kirby games and a new Zelda game. Please Nintendo, can you keep me in contact so I can give you ideas for games and when to sell them. I'm typing this on my 3DS

Juampi

Juampi said:

You should make it clear in the title or subtitle that this offer has only been confirmed for Europe right now.

Ren

Ren said:

nice looking, but what else? does it have a better battery life? perhaps a second slide pad built in? a bottom screen with better bumpers that won't scratch the top one? No!? I'll wait till next year then.

EdEN

EdEN said:

@Ren: I got a phat at launch, switched to a Lite at launch and then a DSi at launch. Since I'll transfer my DSiware purchases to the 3DS and then transfer those to model 2 in 2 years... it all works out in the end!

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

@luigifan141: as far as i know, black friday is only here in the states as the day after thanksgiving when the holiday shopping season starts. this one could push me into getting a 3DS. but will it come to the states? when? as always, nintendo seems more determined to keep us all longing for what another area has than anything else.

Colors

Colors said:

Dang it, if this had released sooner I would've not gotten OoT, sold my black 3DS, and gottent his hunk of sexiness D:

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

Nintendo? Hello? Um... When are you going to announce the Christmas bundles for NOA? You're leaving us hanging. Other regions are confirmed to have the Mario, nintendogs + cats, and Zelda bundle. If all of these bundles come to NOA then I will not be getting the Zelda bundle, because it looks like a cosmo black 3ds with a couple of gold stickers on it, gold depth slider, and gold words. I was expecting this bundle but thought it was going to be gold or green, which would have been awesome. I guess I will be getting ice white if it's ever confirmed for my region.

coolvw93

coolvw93 said:

looks cool... i already own one but this is a sweet design
I like my red one though, im not mad about this one. I like zelda but oh well... i dont think i could have waited this long for this one.

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

This bundle(along with the system design) was exactly what I was hoping for. Hopefully it comes in the U.S before Christmas.

Doma

Doma said:

Those icons are cool, the scribble border sucks though. I'll pick white.

Blaze

Blaze said:

Can someone tell me what's up with the Spanish in the comments section? There seems to be a lot of 'Me Gusta' from lots of people.

iphys

iphys said:

The border looks gaudy, and it's pretty evil to release this so late and force all the crazy Zelda fans to buy the system and game twice over.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

WOOO!!! Someone bought my Celebi distribution cartridge off eBay for 200 bucks today! That'll make getting this baby real easy! Now I just need the announcement for the US...

Link245

Link245 said:

It almost makes me wish I waited to buy a 3DS... that is, if they release this in the U.S.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Oh man, this one looks also nice! Maybe I should buy this bundle instead of the Mario bundle? On the other hand, there where some problems with the black 3DS devices. If these Zelda ones come from the same production-line, it could give some trouble!

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

AUGH Why must all the good colors come out two months after I buy a boring black one :'(

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

looks incredible! the symbol is a nice touch too. nintendo should do this with super mario, metroid, kirby, donkey kong, smash bros to name as well.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

I foresee a lot of these bought up only to be sold online for ridiculous amounts. Though somebody out there is liable to butcher these models for the case/shell, then have someone/find a potential buyer pay them to custom mod their 3DS w/ the new case/shell. Even more interestingly, I see a lot of that kind of custom case swapping coming (from European to American 3DS systems), especially if this particular case style doesn't hit NA. I mean, I can see a lot of ppl, merely swapping out an old 3DS case for this one, so they won't have to switch 3DS units, just the casings.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

WTF another 3DS bundle for Europe but not NA??? Come Nintendo get on the ball already there are people over here that would like those 3DS bundles as well.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Doesn't appeal to me as much as the Mario one. And i still wonder why they won't do the Circle Pad in another color. Too expensive production ?

Would be nice if before the release Ninty announced the remaining Ambassador games. So that people who want trade their system for the bundle can hopefully get a bit more cash for their system.

And depending on how essential the inevitable remodel of the 3DS will be i'll maybe just wait for a special edition then. :)

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

I have to ask something before I pre-order this sucker.

My Aussie games will work on it because it's European... right? I know this is true for the Wii but who knows what Ninty might have done with this lol.

It will look fantastic with my Zelda GBASP and Zelda DSLite :D

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

This is awesome! But to tell the truth, I still love the simple, understated aesthetic of my (price-dropped) Cosmo Black and I'm quite happy with it.

tylerFKNjohnson

tylerFKNjohnson said:

seriously? nintendo has seriously the people who bought the system on release date. Lowered it almost 100 dollars, made 2 more colours, with more comming. And now this? Wow. im done with nintendo.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Quite simply: 3 different bundles for Europe. one with Mario and one with Zelda. If the 3DS still not sells this holiday season, it never will!!

Oh, I just noticed something: The cardboard box has a misstake on it! It shows the American Oot 3D box-art instead of the better European one!

pariah164

pariah164 said:

If this manages to make it to the states...
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY RUPEES, NINTENDO.
Seriously, MAKE IT FREAKING HAPPEN.

TnAdct1

TnAdct1 said:

The special edition system has been confirmed for an American release as seen in the Black Friday ads for Best Buy and Gamestop (for those who saw the Best Buy ad already, that quality of the ad prevented the gold trimming to be seen properly).