Nintendo Download: 17th April (North America)

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Classic Mario, GBA treats, HD Flowerworks, smashing cats and much more

It's Nintendo Download time, North America, and this week brings some rather tempting offerings to both the Wii U and 3DS. There are retro classics on both Virtual Consoles along with brand new software, while some discounts and a major retail title also make an appearance. Let's get to the details.

Did you miss the European Nintendo Download news earlier this week. Stop panicking and click right here for all the information you need.

Wii U eShop

Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure (Nocturnal, $3.50 / $4.00CAD introductory price for first month, then $6.00) — This is a HD re-release of the well-regarded WiiWare title, which brings enhancements such as 60 frames per second at 1080p, with two player co-op and multiple control schemes. It promises a lengthy adventure to find seeds and transform the surroundings. Our review will be with you soon, but in the meantime you can check out our interview with the developer.

My First Songs (RingZero Games, $9.99 / $9.99CAD) — This is a karaoke game targeting very young children, with 15 songs including examples such as Baa, Baa, Black Sheep and Old MacDonald; it can be played solo with the GamePad microphone, multiplayer with a USB microphone and also takes pictures as young gamers perform. We'll pretend we're five years old again and sing for a review.

Wii U Virtual Console

Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo, $4.99 / $4.99CAD) — This classic NES platformer, some would argue the greatest game of the 8-bit era, finally lands on Nintendo's current systems in North America. This was a revelation when released with its overworld, larger levels and outstanding design, and still stands up as one of the all-time greats. You can read our glowing assessment in our Super Mario Bros. 3 review.

Golden Sun (Nintendo, $7.99 / $7.99CAD) — An RPG series that plenty of people are keen to see return to the current generation of systems, after two GBA titles and one on DS; this is the first of those entries that may just draw in a new group of fans while providing nostalgia for others. We'll try to save the world again for our upcoming review.

F-Zero Maximum Velocity (Nintendo, $6.99 / $6.99CAD) — While we may impatiently await the day that the F-Zero franchise returns, this arrives to help soften the blow. This Game Boy Advance entry certainly prompts some debate among fans due to the differences in its handling from its predecessors. Despite that ability to divide opinion, it has some enthusiastic advocates, and earned a recommendation in our 3DS Ambassador F-Zero Maximum Velocity review; our updated review will be with you soon.

Wii U Retail Download

LEGO The Hobbit (Warner Bros., $49.99)

Wii U eShop Permanent Discounts

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, $39.99 / $39.99CAD from 21st April, was $59.99)

ZombiU (Ubisoft, $29.99 from 21st April, was $59.99)

3DS eShop

Bit Boy!! ARCADE (Bplus, $7.99 / $7.99CAD) — Bit Boy is back after his WiiWare début in a title that's certainly promising much. With a broad variety in levels and play styles, including boss fights, voice acting and what appears to be a daunting volume of collectibles, this could be one to look out for. We'll see how well it lives up to its potential in our upcoming review.

Smash Cat Heroes (Tom Create, $3.99 / $4.30CAD) — This is a top-down action title across both screens in which you bust some serious fighting moves; it'll also be possible to upgrade your cat's abilities as you play. We're working on our review right now, and until then you can always peruse our interview with Tom Create, the development studio behind this title.

3DS Virtual Console

Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo, $4.99 / $4.99CAD) — It's a double release of the classic as it arrives on the 3DS Virtual Console, too. Just for variety, here's our 3DS Virtual Console Super Mario Bros. 3 review.

3DS eShop Temporary Discount

Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition (Telegames Inc., $14.99 / $14.99CAD until 1st May, normally $29.99)

Quite a few choices this week in North America. Let us know what you're planning to pick up in the poll and comments below.

What will you be downloading first this week? (427 votes)

Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure (Wii U eShop)

My First Songs (Wii U eShop)

Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U Virtual Console)

23%

Golden Sun (Wii U Virtual Console)

24%

F-Zero Maximum Velocity (Wii U Virtual Console)

LEGO The Hobbit (Wii U retail download)

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Wii U eShop permanent discount)

ZombiU (Wii U eShop permanent discount)

Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS eShop)

Smash Cat Heroes (3DS eShop)

Super Mario Bros. 3 (3DS Virtual Console)

23%

Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition (3DS eShop temporary discount)

Nothing for me this week

19%

Please login to vote in this poll.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

I'll download SMB3 to both my Wii U and 2DS, and I'll probably get Golden Sun since I've never played it.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

"Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo, $4.99) — This classic NES platformer, some would argue the greatest game EVER, finally lands on Nintendo's current systems in North America."

There, I fixed your story's sentence.

dadajo

dadajo said:

Wait a second... Is it actually a good week on the wiiu virtual console?

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I want to see all the people that whined for months about SMB3 saying that they will buy it.

As for me, I will be getting Flowerworks and possibly Golden Sun.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Flowerworks HD
BIT BOY ARCADE!
Golden Sun
Maybe even Smash Cat?

Lot's of interesting stuff this week!

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

SMB3, F-zero MV, and Golden Sun YEEEEEAAAAAH!

And I have a three day weekend to play them over!

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

THERE'S THAT SUPER MARIO BROS 3 GAME YOU ALL WANTED FOR YEARS NOW, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT IT HAD TO TAKE IT'S TIME TO BE RERELREASED MAKE YOU ALL COME TOGETHER TO WANT IT, THEN IT WAS RELEASED, THAT WAS THEIR PLAN THIS ENTIRE TIME!!!!!

All and all, I guess i'll get it, even though I played it to death already on NES, SNES, GBA, and Wii, LOL :D

Also, all of the caps means i'm cereal =w=

Porky

Porky said:

You failed to mention in the article that Nintendo delayed the release of SMB3 for 4 months. Oh, SMB3! Instant download for both 3DS and WiiU!

@sinalefa we have a right to whine; Nintendo lied to us about a December 2013 release!

workerbot

workerbot said:

rats! I was hoping that there would be a new Easter hidden object game today. No such luck.

ejamer

ejamer said:

FlowerWorks sounds kind of interesting... will definitely look into it further.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

Golden Sun and Super Mario Bros. 3 BOTH get my vote for this week. On a side note, I could really care less for F-Zero: Maximum Velocity that much seeing as how I was never too big on F-Zero games tbh.

@sinalefa

Who said anything about whining if that points at me also. I'm just ticked off a bit about the fact of why it took Nintendo so long to bring SMB 3 over here to the US after the UK got their release is all.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

SMB3 3DS for me. I own Golden Sun on GBA, and prefer my handheld games on handhelds, oddly enough.

2Sang

2Sang said:

I didn't think I was going to live to see the day. I no longer have to mention SMB3 every week!

Traskin7

Traskin7 said:

Thank goodness for Mario 3. Not like I need it since I've had it on the NES, SNES, GBA, VC and the anniversary disc. But great for all the whiners who really need it on the U/3DS.

Edit: golden sun sounds good though! Had the cart years ago.

1upsuper

1upsuper said:

Nothing for me. I already have four different versions of SMB3 (doesn't everyone?), and I think Golden Sun is an extremely mediocre JRPG series.

Gustoff

Gustoff said:

Ha! Hadn't played my 3DS in about a month and I decided to pick it up today and charge it and play. So happens today that SMB3 is released today too. WooHoo! Perfect timing! Now I just need Moon Chronicles and Cult County!

JusticeColde

JusticeColde said:

Y'all were whining a bit about the SMB3 release... but I gonna buy it too because ya hype.
4th purchase is a charm.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Good to see Lego Hobbit since retail got delayed. Maybe there's hope for Wii U getting part 2 DLC after all. I'm not buying it until then.

So what replaces SMB3 for people to ask for since we already got Earthbound?

Cant decide if Flowerworks HD is marketing genius for a 4 week $3.50 price before raising it to $6 or complete cluelessness? Nobody will buy it at $6 but maybe they hope people will buy it before the price goes up? It's why I'm buying it.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@WillhamBoyGeniu Nintendo never lied to you back in December. They never once said that SMB3 would release in NA because the end of the year. That was something that was said for the pal regions. Though people took that as it was being released everywhere putting words in Nintendo's mouth.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

Wasn't Zombiu already $19.99? I was looking at it yesterday and thinking of downloading it and giving my physical copy to my nephew.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Flowerworks HD for me, it looks so tempting.

I guess people have to start researching what VC game release to complain about next. Can wait to see what gets selected.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

@rjejr

That's way too easy of an answer. Mostly for everyone, it would be waiting for the release of BOTH Nintendo 64 and Nintendo DS games , and Golden Sun: The Lost Age to pop up next on the Wii U eShop. Also add in Donkey Kong Land on the 3DS VC and possibly the other 2 games in the series from the GAME BOY if they ever wind up landing on the Japanese 3DS eShop in the coming months. Then people will probably start complaining again. Who knows? :/

Porky

Porky said:

@ikki5 The release date was confirmed for December 2013 in a Nintendo Direct and they showed off gameplay...

AJSjedi

AJSjedi said:

Well now all those people crying about super Mario three for months put your money where your mouth is and purchase it. It better sell millions of copies and no excuses!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@WillhamBoyGeniu @3DSLUIGI

I can understand the whining. What I can't understand is hearing about it each and every week, as if Nintendo would be reading this and then realize that you want it and release it. People would be better off posting that on Nintendo's facebook page, so there IS a chance that the powers that be see it, and I don't have to see it.

Shy_Guy

Shy_Guy said:

Finally! It's about time NoA! Now I can play my favorite childhood game on the gamepad :)

Gen0neD

Gen0neD said:

For all the MONTHS of complaining, i cant believe that SMB3 isnt at like 99% for what people are gonna download this week.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

I read the comments all the time on this site, and honestly the complaining seemed nominal compared to many other places comment sections on the internet. Not everyone complained either. Specific people did it weekly usually, and I actually kind of will miss it. Yes I really will.

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

Golden Sun and SMB3 for me this week, might pick up both 3DS and WiiU versions of SMB3. I look forward to your reviews of bitboy arcade and smash cat heroes too, those look pretty interesting.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@rjejr

I wouldn't call it marketing genius, I would call it common sense. People normally wait for prices to drop, unless they are dying to get the game. By the time the sale comes, they may not be interested in the game anymore.

This approach entices people to get it day 1, posting on Miiverse when the game is fresh and thus spreading word of mouth.

And as all things common sense, it seems that it occurs to a minority.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

Now people can stop whinning and moaning about a tired-and-true Mario game that they've played several times before on many different consoles!

Mrclaycoat

Mrclaycoat said:

Gonna hold off on SMB3 since it will probably be a club nintendo release in a few months. RE Assassin's Creed price drops, I would love to buy the DLC for AC3, but am wondering why the DLC price hasn't dropped down but the game itself has? I can buy the game for $29.99 but the DLC packs are $10 each still??? I heard only the last pack was really great so I don't want to pay $3o for all that.

Warruz

Warruz said:

I hope we get Minish Cap and perhaps the Mega Man Zero Collection for Wii U viritual console

Ryno

Ryno said:

Where are the Nintendo should have linked accounts so I don't have to pay for SMB3 twice comments?

Stu13

Stu13 said:

I now have to decide which system to get SMB3 on, so I can't vote yet. I hadn't even heard of Smash Cat Heroes, but I just watched the video and it looks like something I'd be into. For that price I might pounce on it.

brewsky

brewsky said:

@ikki5 Uh....no. In the North American August 2013 Direct, Nintendo of America confirmed the release of SMB3 by the end of the year. That's not putting words in people's mouths.

LordFamicom

LordFamicom said:

Should I get Super Mario Bros 3 for Wii U or 3DS? I didn't own it on the Wii so I have to pay $5 and the 3DS version has download play.

JCnator

JCnator said:

I never touched Golden Sun during its heydays, mainly because I wasn't that much interested in RPGs when I was younger. The game appears to be very well received. Now's the time to rectify my mistake and buy it off from eShop!

As for Super Mario Bros. 3, I have to download it off from Wii U eShop even though I already own the superior GBA port.

2Sang

2Sang said:

Someone should seriously call the president and putin and tell them smb3 is out for vc. This should end the conflict in the Ukraine. After all, the revolution was about smb3 getting delayed right?

rjejr

rjejr said:

@sinalefa - "And as all things common sense, it seems that it occurs to a minority."

Exactly.

It just occurred to me that Wii U and 3DS sales went up last week in Japan right before the big tax hike (and crashed this week, poor Wii U). Maybe instead of a price drop Nintendo should announce the Wii U will go back up to $350 starting June 1st. That would really boost MK8 sales I bet. :-)

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

Super Mario Bros 3 for a dollar for the win. Also will pick up Golden Sun because while I have played it, I am that starved for RPGs on the console.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

@2Sang Please Understand.

I'm gonna get Super Mario Bros 3 for 3DS, I do wish it was a 3D Classic tho. Nice....ZombiU is $30 now.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Ryno

Pay twice? I am pretty sure most people have it already on NES, SNES, the Wii compilation disc, Wii VC, GBA, or any combination of the above.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

Seriously Telegames, just make it a permanent discount already.

People won't fall for it after 50 consecutive "offers".

flojomojo

flojomojo said:

I wish Super Mario Bros 3 were "cross buy" like Sony or Apple (buy once, play on Wii U and 3DS) but I guess we can't have that ... at least I get the Wii U for a sharp discount since I have the Wii Virtual Console version, right?

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@brewsky

Alright, I stand correct. I never remembered seeing a date but after rewatching it, he does say "later this year"

shane1228

shane1228 said:

Excited to finally be able to download SMB3!!
Wasn't there supposed to be a Demo of Mario Golf today too? Ahhhhh it's Nintendo....I should know by now, they don't take their release date schedules too seriously..
@Mr_Trill281
Go Blazers!!!

gatorboi352

gatorboi352 said:

The only thing I remember about Golden Sun, is Reggie trotting out on stage during the 2005 e3 to plug it (and play it on stage) in a last ditch attempt at keeping the GBA relevant in the face of the impending DS reign.

I will now get to enjoy this title from the comfort of my couch and 6 inch screen.

gatorboi352

gatorboi352 said:

I like the permanent price drops from UbiSoft, but they still need to be lower. ZombiU can be had BRAND NEW on Amazon for $17 for like the last 6 months.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Just for the price, I'll be downloading SMB3 (and because I've anticipated Gamepad play for 6 months, and no, the GBA game isn't better as I can't use save states with that one). I'll probably try Flowerworks HD (the price is very reasonable) but I'll be playing Golden Sun first. My ideal superpower is to possess the abilities of Isaac, Garret, Mia and Ivan, so naturally, the gameplay was very fun for me. And yes, I am completely serious. Over flying, superhuman strength, walking through walls, super speed, everything. Psychic / psionic powers just seem so incredibly cool to me.
I blame Akira and Galerians for this obsession.

AVahne

AVahne said:

yawn

Woke up hoping that for the first time in forever, there'd be a demo I could play...
Unfortunately that's not the case.

rdrunner1178

rdrunner1178 said:

@Traskin7
Yeah I'll grab Super Mario 3 on Wii-U even though I also had it on NES, SNES, GBA, Wii, and VC. I'm more excited for Golden Sun myself, I have never played it.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Can't really get anything right now...maybe SMB3 at some point, but yeah...low on money.

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

Maximum Velocity is a good game it just feels different compared to the rest of the F-Zero games. It's set even further into the future than the time of Captain Falcon so maybe his absence leaves a void. He is the manliest of all men of all-time.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

Gonna download Golden Sun.....just have no idea when I will get a chance to play it. Will pass on SMB3 and hope it is a Club Nintendo reward at some point.

BinaryFragger

BinaryFragger said:

I already own the original GBA cart for Golden Sun but it's worth buying again. Also getting SMB3 and possibly F-Zero.

Porky

Porky said:

@faint lol dude I wasn't complaining in this article nor had I been every week. I was saying we had a right to complain those weeks we didn't receive the game. SMB3 is good; reviews beg to differ.

SomeNamelessGuy

SomeNamelessGuy said:

Everyone else: YEAH, WE GOT SMB3, WHICH EUROPE AND JAPAN HAVE ALREADY HAD FOR A WHILE NOW.
Me: But...... what about Castlevania III?

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Did Sea Battle come out today? Nintendo Life shows an April 24th release date for the DSi title, but Teyon's various social media sites all indicate that it's out now.

Wilford111

Wilford111 said:

QUESTION -
If I buy Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Wii U Virtual Console (because I have a discount from the original Wii VC), would I get a discount for buying it on the 3DS VC? Because after all, the two accounts are linked now.

LDXD

LDXD said:

Wait wasn't child of light supposed to be this week? Or is that next week or something?
And what about NES remix 2? I thought that was also today!
And can anyone tell me when does shovel knight come out?!?!
All that said looks like golden sun and smb3 for me two awesome games

Discostew

Discostew said:

Alright Nintendo! You've finally brought out SMB3. Now get in touch with SE and release those SNES Final Fantasy games, pronto!

Jampie

Jampie said:

@LDXD Child of Light's release date is April 30. NES Remix 2's release date is April 25. As for Shovel Knight, I have no idea when it's coming out (was supposed to be March 31, but was delayed).

Adam

Adam said:

Bit Boy!! ARCADE sounds so exciting. Exclamation points and caps ALL IN ONE PACKAGE!! These guys know what's up.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

Nothing to get excited about as a 3DS owner so far. Interessting change of pace vis a vis 2013 :-/

WesCash

WesCash said:

I guess this is a good week for the 10 people in the world that still haven't played SMB3.

shigulicious

shigulicious said:

Gettibg Golden Sun. I never played it on GGA. I prefer the updated version of SMB3 and I own that on the Wii and GBA. Good week although ZombieU is still too expensive.

absuplendous

absuplendous said:

I'm glad SMB3 is available, but I already own in in several formats. I might be tempted to play it again its original (non All-Stars/Advance) form, but not anytime soon.

Golden Sun is exciting, too, for those who haven't played it, but my GB Player is still in service.

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

Obviously SMB3 just to complete the mario collection for Wiiu. I just read the interview for Flowerworks HD and whether its my type of game or not I'll check it out for that sale price and Im always down to support Nintendo fans turned developers.

SLiM

SLiM said:

Golden Sun brings back fond memories of gaming on the GBA. I missed out on its sequel and that will for sure be an insta-buy.

ShockeyRai

ShockeyRai said:

Got SMB3 for my Wii U.

Say...Is anyone else having Sound Issues with the Wii U version?
Its not my TV, Its the game itself (Because, The sound is just fine outside of the game), The sound will cut out in a stage and not return to normal untill i return to the map screen. Oddly enough The Gamepad seems unaffected by this.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano said:

For those asking about the Mario Golf World Tour demo, it only came out today in Europe. America has to wait a week.

Webby-sama

Webby-sama said:

I know it's just SMB3 but I'm in heaven playing this on my 3DS. Best Mario game there ever was.

bofis

bofis said:

FINALLY, SMB3! So what is the upgrade procedure if you already own SMB3 on Wii VC and now want to get it on the WiiU side of things?

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

Can anyone tell me if the Super Mario Bros 3 that came out this week follows the NES art style or the SNES art style? I know it says NES classic or whatever, but I'm more inclined to get it if its the SNES style.

VictorySong

VictorySong said:

Voted Golden Sun but just remembered the cartridge is still in my gba so I'll just play it on that....so maybe F-Zero for me...

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@Webby-sama: SMB3 is my fav game of all-time, & my fav Mario title.

@Everyone_Else: As much as I love it, I'll put SMB3 on the back-burner, since I already own the ver.2 Nes cart, on Wii VC, & SMA4:SMB3 on GBA. But it's release is great for those that don't own it in another form. I'm patiently waiting for a genie-turned-pirate; the funds are sitting ready in my e-Shop account. For a minute, I forgot the e-Shop funds are now unified. I was going to type "3DS e-Shop".

8bitforever

8bitforever said:

Now I just wish we had cross buy since I am not paying twice. Just got to figure out which system to buy it for now.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

Finally, SMB 3 is out!!! I will upgrade my Wii copy later tonight. But that Flowerworks HD game....hmmm....should I get it? Is it worth buying?

chiefeagle02

chiefeagle02 said:

I already have SMB3 on my Wii, so I don't know. Otherwise, nothing for me this week.

Edit: I buckled and got it. I regret nothing.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

F-Zero:MV... on Wii U. I'm going to get a Wii U one o' these days, but I guess I'll just be one of those guys that will continue to complain that GBA games aren't being released on the 3DS.

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

Eh, I'll save my excitement for next week since there isn't anything here I'm really interested in this week.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Lo and behold: hell hath frozen over.

As soon as the shock wears off from SMB3 finally arriving on the eShop, I'll be downloading it for both Wii U and 3DS, followed by Golden Sun and F-Zero.

My VC collection is actually starting to fill out nicely. In fact, I've only got one menu page left on my Wii U, and the only digital games I buy are Virtual Console and the occasional digital release like Castlestorm and NES Remix. That's a heck of a lot of VC games all things considered. But I'm going for broke this gen. I want the FULL BACKLOGGERY from past consoles, seeing as Wii U is shaping up to have the most diverse and robust VC offerings to date. From NES to GBA, N64 to DS... with Wii and Wii U playable by disc. If they add Gamecube VC down the line, the Wii U will be able to play games from every Nintendo gaming device ever made, barring the Virtual Boy and 3DS (speaking of which, Virtual Boy VC for 3DS anyone? No?)

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

Golden Sun may be my only GBA Purchase on Wii U if only because it doesn't work right on my DSLite.

Action51

Action51 said:

Now that Super Mario Bros. 3 has been released on both 3DS and Wii U, what will the next thing that the internet suddenly demands be released next or Nintendo is the worst thing ever and makes puppies cry?

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

So with SMB3 being released today is it officially 2014?

Anyway I have my dollar ready for SMB3.

JarredBuzzo

JarredBuzzo said:

Oh, I need someone who is wise and omnipotent to tell me what to buy. So many people on this site tell me what I "should" buy I can't think for myself anymore!

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

Golden Sun (my 1st time playing it) is AWESOME! Totally worth it.
F-Zero (my 1st time playing it as well)... not so much. It's kind of bland compared to the superior SNES original and later sequels. I can see why fan reviews on this one are conflicted.
Looking forward to NES Remix 2 next week!

sinsalaca

sinsalaca said:

Will pick up SMB3 for the 3DS. Already have it on the Mario 25th anniversary disk so not getting it on WiiU. Also definitely picking p Golden Sun. I can still remember playing it on my GBA. My add Bit Boy to my wishlist and see what reviews say and possibly pick it up in the future.

TTGlider

TTGlider said:

I just bought Flowerworks. Absolutely terrible tutorial that doesn't even say what buttons for some of the instructions. No way to use the wiimote for single player (unless it unlocks after the tutorial). And no way to 'b out' or press start to get back to the main menu?? Really?

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

Still surprised that Sonic Racing hasn't seen a huge discount with Mario Kart skidding around the corner.

Superryanworld

Superryanworld said:

@JaxonH I'd be down for virtual boy vc.I remember it had a good warioland game I'd like to own.I'm the same way with only downloading vc games on my systems as retail releases take a hefty amount of space.

faint

faint said:

@WillhamBoyGeniu is it good? yes. is it good enough for miiverse to throw tantrums and for people to complain here every week? no. the game has been released a billion times and was readily avalible on the wiishop but everyone complains for what? screen shots to show off. if has never been released in the west. it's a spin off title for the nes made by atlus. but hey at least we got mario 3 on a billion formats. who needs mother one? we got mario 3. do you see my point?

brooks83

brooks83 said:

I'm curious to know how the emulation on SMB3 is. The Wii version had some ugly washed out colors.

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

@brooks83 I think ALL NES VC titles seem washed out. And dark, too. I'm not condoning emulation but these colors usually pop much better that route. I have no idea why NES titles look so bad when emulated on the Wii or Wii U's VC. What's even stranger is that if you start up in Wii mode and run the same VC title off of your gamepad, it looks stellar on the pad screen. Run that same title in Wii U and it looks darkened and less vibrant. Weird.

PS
Found this topic in our forums:

Jampie

Jampie said:

@LDXD Oh wait. I guess Child of Light releases on April 29? Or well... that's what it says on an email about "Wii U news" I got from Nintendo. Lol. But Ubisoft's website for Child of Light says April 30. @_@. Well, whatever. April 29, April 30, close enough. Lol.

Luigivaldo

Luigivaldo said:

I had the GBA version of SMB3, but now I have it on Wii, the All-Stars Collection port for Wii and 3DS! My childhood in a game that I can beat over and over again... worth every single cent ;)

Uberchu

Uberchu said:

Nothing for me. GBA VC should be on 3DS not Wii U, so all GBA VC Wii U downloads are a 1/10 in my book. And I already have NSMB3 thanks to that Super mario all Stars for Wii game aka I'm not lazy nore do I need gamepad/MiiVerse/onthegoplay for SMB3

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@faint Not a fan of Super Mario Bros 3? The game is 2D Platforming perfection. Even the NSMB games can't replicate it's greatness.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@Lance168 Having now played Maximum Velocity thanks to being a 3DS ambassador, I feel sorry for the 3% who want to pick that up.

I should try the GCN game, but GBA/SNES are pretty bad.

faint

faint said:

@XCWarrior didn't say I didn't like it. It's just everywhere and eazy to get while many titles have never had a proper translation. It's also not as good as super mario world. Mario 3 never left the wii shop yet I can think of dozens we will never see

odd69

odd69 said:

i think the gameboy advance /color games being released on WiiU is a blessing, why would anyone complain about that is a mystery to me...

Shy_Guy

Shy_Guy said:

I love playing Super Mario Bros 3 on the gamepad,now I can play it when I'm laying in bed before I go to sleep.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

Now, I'm not trying to start no brawl or riot by what I'm about to say here. But since SMB 3 just came out yesterday on both the 3DS VC and Wii U VC , it won't be long before we probably see Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 coming from the GBA line to the Wii U eShop. Heck , just look at Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 that just came out over on the japanese Wii U VC on 4/3/2014. Count also that BOTH the US & UK are getting Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 next Thursday even though Japan is still waiting on a release for SMA 3 and it really wouldn't surprise me at all of any region's Wii U eShop getting SMA 4 down the road.

And to all the haters who "I'M GONNA SAY" are real pissed off about the fact of GBA games being on Wii U eShop's VC instead of the 3DS VC. Stop being mad about what wasn't able to be done yet on 3DS VC in the 3DS eShop. Even though anyone who owns a 3DS , myself included, think they should be on 3DS instead of Wii U despite the fact that mostly everyone I see makes posts about how GBA belongs strongly on 3DS because it has portables like the GAME BOY , GAME BOY COLOR , and GAME GEAR games running on it. Just be glad we got the 10 GBA Ambassador games next to the 10 NES Ambassador games. Because in the long run, we don't know if there will ever be a SOLID DAY in the 3DS's life where we'll all see GBA games running on the portable. Maybe it's too much for the 3DS to handle, maybe not.

Overall to me, speaking for everyone, even the haters also. I say just be glad Nintendo made the decision to make the jump for GBA games to show up in the Wii U eShop , because it's like playing a GBA Player without the GCN on the Wii U. Basically, anyone who never has owned a GBA Player to know what it looks like, or never even heard of it, it's like having a GBA Player of your very own on the Wii U to sit back and enjoy.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

ZombiU is still showing at 19.99 on the Eshop. Maybe it will go up in price on the 21st? Unless it's just a Canada thing which would be a good change for once.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

This is the same price as the 3DS version!! if you download one of the versions can you get it on the other console?