Nintendo Download: 26th December and 2nd January (Europe)

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Storming castles, classic Mario, Pokémon banking, EDGE and much more

Update:

Nintendo of Europe issued details for two full weeks of downloads previously, so a fresh update isn't expected. Please note that Pokémon Bank has been delayed due to the Nintendo Network server issues encountered during the festive season.

Original Article:

With this being the last Nintendo Download update before the Holiday season, gamers in Europe are treated to two weeks worth of downloads, covering this week and the next. We have a long-awaited Zen Studio title on Wii U, some top-notch Mario action on the Virtual Consoles, in addition to a variety of apps and promising download options on the 3DS; there's also a large batch of tasty discounts to consider, too. Unless otherwise stated releases and offers are available from 26th December, so let's get to it.

Wii U eShop

CastleStorm (Zen Studios, €9.99 / £7.99) — Arriving on the Wii U eShop after a bit of a wait, this is a promising hybrid of tower defence and physics-based destruction, the premise of which seems perfectly suited to the Wii U and its GamePad. There'll be touch screen controls, local multiplayer with one player exclusively using the GamePad's screen, as well as a campaign on online multiplayer to check out. We'll get destructive to bring you our review soon.

Wii U Virtual Console

Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo, £2.79 / €3.99 until 2nd January 2014, then £3.49 / €4.99) — Since confirmation that it's come to the latest Virtual Console earlier in the year, fans have been eagerly awaiting its arrival. It took some time but the iconic NES platformer is finally arriving, a game that's undoubtedly one of the finest platformers ever created and a stand-out in the entire 8-bit library. We'll have an updated look, but until then you can go all retro and check out our Wii Virtual Console Super Mario Bros. 3 review. This is the U.S. version of the game, so will run at 60Hz.

Wii U Retail Download

Cocoto Magic Circus 2 (Bigben Interactive, €29.99 / £24.99)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

DuckTales Remastered — (Capcom, €8.99 / £7.15 from 26th December to 9th January, normally €14.99 / £11.99)

Cloudberry Kingdom — (Ubisoft, €4.99 / £3.99 from 26th December to 2nd January, normally €9.99 / £7.99)

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom, €7.49 / £5.99 until 9th January, normally €14.99 / £11.99)

Wii U Retail Download Temporary Discounts

ZombiU — (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 from 26th December until 2nd January, normally €19.99 / £15.99)

Rayman Legends — (Ubisoft, €20.99 / £16.79 from 26th December until 2nd January, normally €29.99 / £23.99)

Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 from 26th December until 2nd January, normally €19.99 / £15.99)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist — (Ubisoft, €22.49 / £18.49 from 26th December until 2nd January, normally €44.99 / £36.99)

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 from 26th December until 2nd January, normally €19.99 / £15.99)

Rabbids Land (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 from 26th December until 2nd January, normally €19.99 / £15.99)

Sports Connection (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 from 26th December until 2nd January, normally €19.99 / £15.99)

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 from 26th December until 2nd January, normally €19.99 / £15.99)

Resident Evil Revelations — (Capcom, €24.99 / £19.99 from 26th December until 9th January, normally €49.99 / £39.99)

3DS eShop

Pokémon Bank + Poké Transporter (Free 30 day trial before 31st January, €4.99 / £4.49 for one year of service) — See update at the beginning of the article.

EDGE (Two Tribes, €1.99 / £1.79 until 23rd January 2014, will be €3.99 / £3.59) — This arrived on Wii U as the second of three Two Tribes Trilogy releases, and will hit the 3DS as a potentially perfect pick-up-and-play title. It's simple action of manoeuvring a cube becomes challenging and complex, with the Wii U version having a terrific audio and visual style. We'll see how this version stacks up, but in the meantime you can check out the strong recommendation in our Wii U eShop EDGE review.

Bird Mania Christmas (Teyon, €1.99 / £1.79) — This is an endless flyer (as opposed to runner) that follows up on the simple, fun and addictive original. The Citizen Kane of games this 'ain't, but we enjoyed the original; we'll get festive and bring you our review of this seasonal sequel soon.

3DS Virtual Console

Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo, €3.99 / £2.79 until 2nd January 2014, then €4.99 / £3.49) — As per the Wii U Virtual Console equivalent, but conveniently on the go with your 3DS. This is the U.S. version of the game, so will run at full speed.

Mario Tennis (Nintendo, €4.99 / £4.49) — Available from 2nd January 2014. When Mario Tennis Open arrived some bemoaned the absence of RPG-like features, so now the Game Boy Color entry in the series arrives to ease that levelling up itch, serving up a challenge to rise up the ranks and defeat Mario on the portable system. We'll let you know whether this is an Ace or a double fault in our review in the New Year.

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form, €5.99 / £5.35 until 2nd January, normally €8.99 £7.99)

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (Pixel Toys, €1.24 / £1.24 until 16th January, normally €5.99 / £4.99)

3DS eShop Retail Download Temporary Discounts

Resident Evil Revelations — (Capcom, €14.99 / £12.48 from 26th December until 9th January, normally €29.99 / £24.99)

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D — (Capcom, €4.99 / £4.49 from 26th December until 9th January, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

That's it for Nintendo downloads in 2013, Europe. Let us know what you plan to pick up in the poll and comments below.

What will you be downloading first this week? (291 votes)

CastleStorm (Wii U eShop)

Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U Virtual Console)

19%

Cocoto Magic Circus 2 (Wii U retail download)

DuckTales Remastered (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

Cloudberry Kingdom (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop temporary discount)

ZombiU (Wii U retail download temporary discount)

Rayman Legends (Wii U retail download temporary discount)

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Wii U retail download temporary discount)

Assassin's Creed III

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Wii U retail download temporary discount)

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Wii U retail download temporary discount)

Rabbids Land (Wii U retail download temporary discount)

Sports Connection (Wii U retail download temporary discount)

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 (Wii U retail download temporary discount)

Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U retail download temporary discount)

Pokémon Bank + Poké Transporter (3DS eShop)

12%

EDGE (3DS eShop)

Bird Mania Christmas (3DS eShop)

Super Mario Bros. 3 (3DS Virtual Console)

18%

Mario Tennis (3DS Virtual Console)

SteamWorld Dig (3DS eShop temporary discount)

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS eShop temporary discount)

Resident Evil Revelations (3DS retail download temporary discount)

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS retail download temporary discount)

Nothing for me this week

Please login to vote in this poll.

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

Will be getting Duck Tales, Steamworld Dig & Poke Bank.

Might trade in my physical copy of Zombi U and get it digitally.

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

"Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (Pixel Toys, €1.24 / £1.24 until 16th January, normally €4.99 / £4.99)"

Both € prices are incorrect, I guess. What's the real discount price in € going to be? 1.99?

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

"3DS Virtual Console
Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo, €3.99 / £3.49 until 2nd January 2014, then £3.49/€4.99) "

I presume this is a mistake and that it should be £2.79 like the wii u version, and not that there is no discount on the 3DS version for UK people.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

Hopefully we get SMB3 here in North America as well. I mean, it was only promised by the end of 2013, and this Thursday marks the last Thursday of the year. Guess I won't be too disappointed if it isn't released though.

Vriess

Vriess said:

SMB3...finally!! I hope that the DLC for ACIII will be discounted too.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Not that much interesting stuff to be honest. Maybe after the holiday season I'll buy SMB3.

Dr_Legendaddy

Dr_Legendaddy said:

Looks quite sweet. Rush n edge for 1.99€ in European eshop. Mario bros is still the best pick prolly

Peach64

Peach64 said:

SMB3 on 3DS for me. Shame it's missing Christmas Day but better than never.

readyletsgo

readyletsgo said:

Brillant week/2 weeks!

I'm gonna get for the Wii U:
Ducktails €8.99
CloudBerry €4.99
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara €7.49
ZombiU €9.99

And I'm gonna get on the 3DS:
SMB 3 €3.99
Steamworld Dig €5.99
Super Little Acorns 3D €1.24
The Mercenaries 3D €4.99

Grand total of €47.67 thats amazing value!!!!!

PS: I did the list out for myself to follow later on, haha

withoutdk

withoutdk said:

Ducktales :D

i already have ... 3-4 copies of mario 3.. so will pass on it this time :D

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I'll get Edge, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Mario Tennis.

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo is a must for that price. You won't regret it.

Yasume

Yasume said:

So why is Mario Tennis included in this update if it is going to be available on January 2nd?

Uberchu

Uberchu said:

@Boxmonkey Just use Wii VC, coz there technically already on the VC service.

@ThomasBW84 "Available from 2nd January 2013" Umm I'm quite positive this has happened like eons ago, unless its 2012 at the moment, in which case the cake is a LIE along with my life...

but lol'd at not seeing any errors on the article, nice try though.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm interested in CastleStorm, looks quite fun & having a level editor (iirc) is awesome. Might wait for a review though. Will definitely get Super Mario Bros. 3 on discount. Might try to get cloudberry kindom, D&D: Chronicles of Mystara, AC III (big maybe), & Splinter Cell: Blacklist. & maybe one or two 3DS eShop discounts. Lots to download these next two weeks! :O

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Wow, the Euro eShop looks great this week. Hopefully those of us in NA get a similar treatment... I'm looking at you LttP.
Would sure love to see that ZombiU discount (amongst others, Assassins Creed 3 at that price is worth every... uh, quid? euro? shilling?). Hopefully Santa (aka my wife) brings me many eShop gift cards on Wednesday.

erv

erv said:

Wow, I'm getting rayman, castlestorm and blacklist I think. Lots of goodness:D

Volmun

Volmun said:

@ThomasBW84 Resident Evil Revelations — )Ubisoft, €24.99 / £19.99 from 26th December until 9th January, normally €49.99 / £39.99) Capcom lol

Volmun

Volmun said:

il probably get Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara this week iv been tempted for a while now

Gold

Gold said:

I wish I could get ZombiU, AC3, Ducktales, Cloudberry Kingdom, and Super Mario Bros. 3, but I don't live in Europe. NOA, don't disappoint this week!

element187

element187 said:

@WiiLovePeace gonintendo linked to a review.... It gave it 8/10, because online mode stretched the replay value. I'm thinking about getting it as well.

Finntendo

Finntendo said:

Have quite a many, but probabaly RER for my husband for Wii U. SteamworldDig maybe, since I missed last temp discout.

AC4 will prbably drop it's price quite fast so...

Falk_Sturmfels

Falk_Sturmfels said:

Resident Evil Mercenaries just 5€? Get it, the game is pretty impressive and for that money a good deal.

Emblem

Emblem said:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag — (Ubisoft, €48.99 / £38.99 from 26th December until 2nd January, normally €69.99 / £55.99) LOL really?! For anyone who wants this game its £22 in Amazon and Game right now, be aware that the DLC is not coming to Wii U and the reviews for the first story DLC have been good.

I'll be picking up Castle Storm for sure and maybe ZombiU. I would get D&D but the new update to Dragons Crown will satisfy my side scrolling appetite for now.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@element187 thanks for the heads up! It's on my list to download, just not at the top. Gotta get NES Remix & Knytt Underground first & maybe some of the other discounts too since they won't last forever.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

@Yasume Because Nintendo staff won't be at work to submit release the upcoming games next Monday. They're doing both weeks today.

TimBiggs

TimBiggs said:

Nintendo's release video for Super Mario Bros. 3 shows multiplayer working via download play on 3DS, which is awesome. All VC games should have this!

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

Nothing for me for the next 2 weeks. I haven't downloaded anything from either 3DS or Wii U eShop for nearly a couple of months now! :-(

Pahvi

Pahvi said:

Ducktales.

Rayman Legends might've been an option had I not already gotten it on physical media a while back for only a bit higher cost.

Maybe SMB3, but just as an upgrade from the Wii VC.

D&D is interesting, but it's default sale price right now on Steam is cheaper, let alone if it ends up in a flash or daily sale. But, I'm still curious.

MAB

MAB said:

The reason why retail disc games are cheap is because of the crappy quality choppy framerates and glitchy lag fest slow loading disc drive poop... Atleast I know I'm paying for a quality gaming experience when downloading a DIGITAL 4 LYFE version while supporting the developers that work hard by giving them an incentive to continue making games this gen and next ;)

MathRaph

MathRaph said:

Quite a lot for me this week: Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Cloudberry Kingdom on Wii U and Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS. 63,5€ total, which is a steal!!!

skywake

skywake said:

If you haven't played Mario Tennis on the GBC then do yourself a favor and get the 3DS VC version immediately. That game is fantastic and is basically a full Tennis RPG that just happens to have Mario in it. If it doesn't get a high score in the review I'll be shocked.

.... and then wonder what the nostalgia glasses have done to me yet again

edit: IGN review from 2001 http://au.ign.com/articles/2001/01/25/mario-tennis-4

Tethers

Tethers said:

So the Wii U gets nothing in the next week and the 3DS only one game? O_o

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Kaze_Memaryu Still cheaper (At least Duck Tales was yesterday was less than £5). I suspect Chronicles of Mystara will get a flash sale at some point also. Not bothered about Ubisoft so no idea. (Not even worth getting for free with the codes you get thrown in with graphics cards even if you have all the rest like I do).

Morph

Morph said:

Ive been waiting on a deal for dungeons and dragons so i will get that, i will upgrade smb3 from my wii vc and might get ducktales too!

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

Well since Europe is getting the US Version, North America should be getting it as well.

Bryon15

Bryon15 said:

Why is it that Europe always gets these discounts, while the US doesn't get s***?

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

I can't wait to see what NA gets. I'm getting a Wii U for Christmas plus gift cards from my mom. This Christmas is going to be awesome. I know one thing that NA is getting that I will be downloading, Dr Luigi game.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

Super Mario. Bros. 3 BETTER be coming to North America the day after Christmas too. To say I've been patient is an understatement.

Skeletor

Skeletor said:

I'd really like it if NOA did some deep discounts, too. My wallet won't, however.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

£7.99 for ZombiU and Assassins Creed 3 wow! And £16 for Rayman legends, I will be getting that :)
The fact that super mario bros 3 is on both should have been the point where they made it so you can play the same purchase on both 3ds and Wii U
I'm upgrading so unfortunately will be getting the Wii U version but it would be nice to have it on the go also, but I refuse to buy it a third time, nintendo are being greedy. I already bought it on Wii I now have to pay a small fee to upgrade it and if I want it on hand held in have to buy it at full price again
I mean come on Nintendo how many times do u want to get money for the same games.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@UnseatingK Same here. I've patiently waited each week only to be disappointed. Why did they wait until the very last opportunity of the year to release it?! Should have just released it when SM3DW released.

Windy

Windy said:

I might get Resident Evil Mercs If it gets the Discount in North America. Good Price. There are so many nice discounts in the Eshop Right now. Kudos Nintendo and Game Devs! Project X Zone is also Calling my name at 14.99

bahooney

bahooney said:

OMG. GBC MARIO TENNIS. I SERIOUSLY JUST GOT CHILLS.

PLEASE, NOA. PLEASE DON'T MESS THIS ONE UP. YOU DIDN'T GIVE US TLoZ:ALttP. PLEASE. I HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF OWNING THIS GAME ON THE SURI DEE ESU.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

I say this to myself every week: "I really gotta stop looking at the these guys Download Week." -.-

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

Lets hope North America gets these same discounts, SMB3, and Mario Golf. Cloudberry Kingdom, DuckTales Remastered, SteamWorld Dig, and all those retail download discounts are the only things missing from the massive amount of discounts in North America right now. Won't be able to choose what games to get.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

The prices and typos should now be sorted. Christmas madness has set in for me!

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I'm still hoping some of these sales come to America. Even if it's the day after Christmas, Ducktales, Cloudberry, Steamworld, and maybe Super Little Acorns would make awesome gifts (for me), especially after getting eshop credit for 20% off at Best Buy.

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

Oh god, so much good stuff discounted. Hoping America gets these as well- I want Cloudberry, Ducktales & Chronicles. And man all those great retail discounts, too- hnnnnnng

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Vriess Ubisoft panics and is like an ADHD child in the way the deal with everything. I think they will collapse after the failure of Watchdogs because consumers won't be burnt again and they always use the same tactics. (Makes it worse for all other 3rd party developers as well).

heathenmagic

heathenmagic said:

I had to get £60 to cover the current sale and this one coming up lol. I should not look at these updates each week lol

cmk8

cmk8 said:

Having SMB3 on both formats is a fantastic opportunity for Ninty to put in the Sony policy of having a game on both formats if you buy on one. Shame Nintendo don't seem keen on doing that.
Not sure what format to get SMB3 on. Will prob be 3DS.
@DarkwingLz love your avatar!

JustinH

JustinH said:

Gee whiz, you Europeans are missing out on a ton of games we're supposed to get in North America by the end of the month — Pure Chess, Gravity Badgers, Dr. Luigi, even the super crappy Percy's Predicament.

But what you do get is Cloudberry Kingdom for $5. Go get that.

MeWario

MeWario said:

Seriously getting like 6 games... My poor poor wallet :( oh well, I'll be eating soup for a week!

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I voted SMB3, but only because I'll have a discount due to having bought it on the Wii.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Nothing for me. I already own SMB3 for the NES, and on the Wii's VC. Why would I bother tripple dipping? enough is enough already. I love the game and all, what NintenZoid doesn't? But yeesh, it's just another Wii VC re-release. The Wii U VC is just a pile of unexciting rehashed hashbrowns.

Already have a retail copy of DuckTales Remastered. Great to hear that WayForward(Who is also WayOverated ;) ) patched the pogo stick problem and included the option to cut down a lot of the cutscenes. Ribbit! in game chit chat that you run into every 5 minutes would drive me nuts....Power of Illusion anyone?

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

Wowzers, what a list!
Do you know why the US never knows what it's getting until the day of?
It makes it hard to plan accordingly eShop fundwise. And it'd just be neat to know =)

Shambo

Shambo said:

Double-dipping for EDGE, getting RE Mercenaries downloadable (keeping my physical copy though) and might consider getting some Wii U discounts, even though I prefer physical.
To anyone who hasn't played ZombiU yet: DO IT NOW! Unless you don't like tense survival horror, you should be ashamed you haven't yet. It's one of the best survival horror experiences I ever had, and I've been playing that genre for ages now, ironically backtracking all the way to it's roots.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

If it helps anything, if you want a discount in America, buy an eShop card from Best Buy ;)

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Hopefully this means Mario Tennis GBC will be hitting the NA eShop in the near future. It's my favorite Mario sports title by a very wide margin, and I have no idea what happened to my old cart.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@KeeperBvK I've simply put what's in Nintendo's official PR, I've double checked and those were their prices :P

I'll change the 4.99EUR to 5.99 as that's what we have on the game page, as for the discount prices I can only put what I'm told it'll be!

Jeez, you lot sure are fussy this week...

Frapp

Frapp said:

Still no news of a European release for Chibi-Robo Photo Finder is very disappointing to me.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Nothing for me, the nes versions of Mario 3 I find a bit too hard. I like the All Stars version much more.

Monsti

Monsti said:

Hmmm...I think I'm done with buying eshop games full price. Always feel ripped off when I see these discounts.

Aaronzord

Aaronzord said:

Excellent...the Ducktales reduction I've been waiting for! I'll get Cloudberry Kingdom too. I'm really a big fan of the eShop sales.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

@Monsti All games get cheaper as time goes on, unless they are some rare under the radar game that gets cult following.

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

When the eShop comes back to life, then it's time to buy ZombiU. Definitely a purchase with that price.
One other great one there is Rayman Legends.

Would've got RE: Revelations also for either 3DS or Wii U during this Christmas eShop discount sale, but since it was for 8,50 euros in Green Man Gaming, I got it for PC instead.

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

So...basically the only addition this week is Mario Golf on GBC?
Nothing else? Nothing at all on WiiU? No demos? Not even any new discount?

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

So there's nothing being added on Thursday 2nd this week? No new VC? no new discounts? Nothing? Dead week? First retail week in 2014? Nothing?

MAB

MAB said:

This is like so last week man!

I suggest if anybody likes Metroidvania type games then download Knytt Underground on WiiU... MAB has forsaken it 9.5/10 ;)

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

@DESS-M-8 Didn't you read my comment just right above yours? Mario Golf is coming to the 3DS VC.
Or are you walkting about WiiU only? In that case you should have made that clear, since the 3DS has a VC as well. ;)

Windy

Windy said:

If you haven't bought Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo take advantage of this sale! it's a wonderful game.

Anguspuss

Anguspuss said:

Ive spent too much. But castlestorm is one best indie games ive played in a while.
Had pick up zombie u & Assasins creed at that price.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Castlestorm is incredible, combining a humorous storyline, tower defense, micromanagement and side scrolling combat.
But let's not mince words: NoA is screwing gamers.
It seems like, with how terribly Wii U has performed in Europe (vs holiday dominance in Japan and strong bundle support in NA) that Nintendo of Europe has been far more active with deals and games.
No MMX2, no Zelda 3 and no SMB3, and yet.. all I've seen on this site is European gamers complaining. It's become quite frustrating, to be honest. Mystical Ninja, Super Punchout..? I spent yesterday playing Zelda 3 and Mario 3 on the Wii VC and haven't touched my Wii U since finishing Castlestorm as a direct result. Until Nintendo of America starts supporting gamers the way NoE does, I'm sticking to Wii VC for my retro fix.

MAB

MAB said:

@hcfwesker Yeah, Knytt Underground is awesome indie stuff. Chapter 1 & 2 is like a tutorial then chapter 3 is the main event on a massive map full of platforming, puzzles, NPCs, side quests and item collecting... The atmosphere in this masterpiece is bloody good ;)

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

I'd like Knytt Underground but I've spent way too much on downloads lately...got all the Zen Pinball 2 tables I didn't have, Star Wars Pinball, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, Super Mario Bros 3 (both 99p Wii U upgrade from Wii VC version and 3DS...yeah, I know I'm paying for it over and over again but it's my favourite 2D platformer and I find it far superior to Super Mario World) and also double dipped with EDGE on both formats just because it's one of the most fun and original games I've played for a while.

I'll start thinking about other stuff towards the end of January 2014 once my wallet's recovered a little more :p I've got plenty to play for now.

CharleSketch

CharleSketch said:

I cave in and got EDGE along with Gunman Clive on my 3DS with what was left of my eshop credit after getting Shantae. So far I'm enjoying both of them. I was a bit torn with EDGE since it looked so, so pretty on Wii U, but the pick-up-and-play nature felt native on the 3DS; but so far it looks pretty great and it's fantastic for sporadic runs. Gunman Clive is practically revered around here, haha, so I went for it and so far it's been pretty good as well, so let's see what happens.

If only I had 21 cents to complete for Kirby Super Star on the Wii U, gotta appreciate the double-dip discount on the virtual console.

@SahashraLA I get what you mean, they're getting ALTTP on Wii U and get Super Mario 3D Land for free when they register a 3DS with Club Nintendo. I really wish I got the chance to take advantage of that promo.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Already bought Bird Mania Christmas and Super Mario Bros. 3. I will also get Mario Tennis as soon as it is released in Europe. Too bad there is no Dr. Luigi. Can't wait for that game.

jos