Nintendo Direct Broadcast Confirmed for 13th November

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Focused on previously announced 3DS software

Update

Nintendo of Europe has now confirmed its own regional version of this Nintendo Direct at the times indicated below, repeating the wording on a 3DS focus while inviting viewers to "join Mr Shibata". As has been the case in the past, it looks like at least a segment of the broadcast will be region-specific.

Original Article

We're rather used to regular Nintendo Direct broadcasts here on Nintendo Life — they can often appear on a monthly basis — so the wait for a broadcast catered to a Western audience was starting to feel a little longer than normal. The company is gearing up to give us our fix, however, with Nintendo of America confirming a new Nintendo Direct broadcast on Wednesday 13th November.

The announcement press release states that the focus will be "new details and information about previously announced Nintendo 3DS software launching through early 2014", though previous broadcasts have deviated from their stated agendas. It's all happening at 8am Pacific / 11am Eastern / 4pm UK time / 5pm European Central time. Nintendo of Europe is yet to make a similar announcement at the time of writing.

As always we'll be providing extensive live and post-broadcast coverage right here on Nintendo Life; we expect The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds to feature prominently, as well as titles such as Mario Party: Island Tour. What do you hope to see in the broadcast, and how keen are you for some Wii U coverage to sneak into the presentation? Let us know below.

Squashie

Squashie said:

Its strange that Nintendo of Europe haven't announced anything as of yet, but I'll tune into this one, if they don't end up doing so.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

YAY!!!! There will probably be lots on Mario 3D world but I hope we get some surprises too! :D

This just made my day happy :)

after reading the whole article.... I am less happy now as apparently this will be mostly 3DS....the system that isn't struggling.....

Jampie

Jampie said:

@ikki5 Super Mario 3D World is a Wii U title though. This direct is supposed to be on 3DS stuff I think?

Bilko

Bilko said:

Why they would focus predominantly on 3DS rather than Wii U at this point is beyond me.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

w00t w00t! Love these! I'm assuming some Zelda: Link Between Worlds, maybe Smash Bros 4 on 3DS, Mario Party, few other titles.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

I guess the time is not yet right for new announcements. Here's hoping it's an interesting one, though you'd think it'd be like a full-on, in-depth developer's look at 3D World, given the timing.

Maybe it's a trick and will be like that email they sent out, "Your 3DS News is Here!" that they resent as "Oops! We meant Your Wii U News is Here!" since the email was all Wii U and no 3DS.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@Jampie

yeah I saw that and edited my post, even though on their facebook page they show the Wii u in the picture as well so we may hear a little bit of Wii u news as usually if it is only one system, they tend to only show the system they are talking about....so I am hoping there will be Wii U news.

WebHead

WebHead said:

Seeing as how we've gotten at least one ND every month this year, I think next month we'll get a Wii U centric one.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Always happy to get new Directs, but I'm slightly bummed out by the apparent lack of Wii U content. Oh well, let's hope we get an unanounced title at least, like Kirby 3DS in the last Direct.

Blast

Blast said:

AWWWWWWWWW YEAHHHH!!!!!! This is great!!! I'm sure they will focus on Wii U in another massive Nintendo Direct.

cookiex

cookiex said:

Just because it's 3DS-focused doesn't mean we won't get some WiiU content.

Likely:

• Updates on Kirby 3DS, Super Mario 3D World, A Link Between Worlds, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Golf World Tour, Smash Bros. (seeing how we just had Marth last week maybe we'll get a newcomer this time?)

Maybe:

• 3DS Miiverse and/or unified account system finally?
  • Surprise game reveal at the end.

Not happening:

• Anything else. :P
Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I'm hoping to hear about the long lost Mario Golf for the 3ds??? I wouldn't be surprised if that somehow turns into a Wii U game and 3ds cross over!

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

The 3DS needs no help atm, its gonna be riding that Pokemon wave for a while yet...
The Wii U needs announcements though, when was the last big Wii U game announcement?!
crickets chirping

Dark-Luigi

Dark-Luigi said:

School again... Ah well. Anyway I really want news on:
Mario Party: Island Tour
A Link Between Worlds
3D World

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

A download of Mario Bros 3 on your 3DS or WiiU after the broadcast? Im hoping to see what Intelligent Systems have been working on...

MADGAZ

MADGAZ said:

So Ninty is to flex its advertising muscle. Has anyone seen a Mario 3D World commercial in Europe yet? It's coming soon ya know Nintendo! Even Face book page is still showing Pokemon.

But wait they put a picture a cute cat goomba on twitter! yeah that's how you work it.. snore..

Competitive Multi-player
Game pad craziness
Speed Runs
Glorious HD Bosses

But no we get a flaming cat goomba!

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Sorta disappointed that its focused on 3DS. But who knows, they might announce a Wii U Direct soon afterwards. Or even show off a new Wii U game at the end like how they showed the new Kirby 3DS game at the end of last month's Wii U focused direct.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Rats; I have class at 11 AM.

I hope they show plenty of footage on Mario Party: Island Tour and don't ignore Super Mario 3D World, but I would also like to see Kirby 3DS too. Maybe Mario Golf: World Tour could get a mention? That game actually looked pretty far in development last time we saw it.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

I expect Mario Party Island Tour, Legend of Zelda ALBW, Kirby 3DS, Flipnote Studio 3D, Miiverse, Mario Golf World Tour, Yoshi's New Island, and 3DS eShop news! (VC, 3DSWare, etc.)
I'm very excited for this one! I'll be looking forward to tomorrow! :D

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

I've kinda forgotten about 2014 3DS titles, but I'd still rather see some Wii U love. I'm still angry at Mario Party's Europe delay for no reason.

Cinaclov

Cinaclov said:

Bravely Default! Bravely Default! Bravely Default!

Is it odd that I'm really excited for an RPG that's effectively an unproven new IP (regardless of its SquareEnix-ness or how traditional it looks), whereas I'm not that fussed about the new Zelda? Not that I'll have much time to play either for the next few months :P

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

I want release dates for Bravely Default, Professor Layton & Azran Legacy, Yoshi's New Island. Some news about the new Mario Golf game & Kirby game. I'm more focused on 3DS news because I don't have a Wii U yet.

zeldagaymer93

zeldagaymer93 said:

I'm with everyone else... At the very least this should be a 3DS/Wii U direct. Clearly the 3DS doesn't need more attention than the Wii U since both hardware and software are selling extremely well... I really don't understand Nintendo.

GamerGleek47

GamerGleek47 said:

I would really like some news about Kirby 3DS, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy release date in NA, a new trailer for P. Layton Vs. Ace Attorney. And the final confirmation of MiiVerse on 3DS and Unified Accounts for Wii U and 3DS.

And if they'd show some footage for SSB For 3DS and a launch window, it would be awesome!!

And on the dreams side, a new 3DS Metroid or an ORIGINAL Star Fox would be awesome!!

Tra_Venous

Tra_Venous said:

@element187 well, considering Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem was announced nearly a year ago, it's a safe bet that's what Intelligent Systems is working on in collaboration with Atlus.

Yasume

Yasume said:

3DS only, eh? Maybe they've finally come to their senses and realized that continuing the production of the Wii U is pointless.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I might ignore this broadcast because it will probably just be another 20 minutes of Nintendo digging a massive Wii U shaped hole with their 3DS shovels and then beating the Wii U to death with amazing 3DS software.

It's depressing to see (reminds me of the GBA vs Gamecube) and will probably be capped off with a new Wii U game from a brilliant dev. team that nobody has asked for (like Stunt Race FX) or all the Wii U games we have asked for but coming as 3DS games.

rjejr

rjejr said:

The Wii U does need more help obviously, but Ill cut them some slack on this one. My kids just made up their holiday lists and there aren't any 3DS games on it. They are looking forward to Yoshi and the Kirby game w/o a name - I'm guessing a name tomorrow - but that's about it.

Maybe we'll get a date for SSB :-)

Nintendo is really bad at releasing news i advance so if they want to give out some info for the winter/spring - even on the 3DS - I'm all for it.

In Dec. I want a winter/spring Wii U ND w/ Bayonetta 2, X, MK8, Brawl, and Yoshi's Yarn Planet for all the whiners hating on Party, Fit and Sports Club.

zeldagaymer93

zeldagaymer93 said:

"Hey Nintendo, why should I buy a Wii U this holiday season?"

"Well, tomorrow we are going to have a broadcast that advertises many great games coming out in the near future for 3DS!"

"..."

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Why are people acting as if this is the only Direct for the remainder of the year?

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

Why do people only assume this will cover 3DS software when previous directs announced the same thing and presented games for both?

Expa0

Expa0 said:

How about NOE does a direct too and maybe FINALLY give us a SMT4 release date? Is that too much to ask?

jkvasn

jkvasn said:

I bet their biggest announcement will be something like, "Wii Music U"

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

My wishlist is, in decreasing order of importance

• more Smash Bros. footage from the 3DS version
  • 3DS Miiverse
  • FRIGGIN' Flipnote

Now that I said it, it's confirmed... that my expectations are doomed.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Awesome! I'd been wondering for a while when the next Nintendo Direct was going to happen. I always look forward to the funnies that only Nintendo can bring. Hope Iwata holds bananas or something else haha. Any game info is a bonus really haha. Just under 24 hours left by my calculations!

SpinelessOyster

SpinelessOyster said:

I don't doubt there will be some mention of the Wii U, but I'd have figured that it should be the main focus of a ND. I just don't get Nintendo sometimes.

Zyph

Zyph said:

I believe a Wii U Direct will take place next year January like they did earlier this year.

TenTen

TenTen said:

Attack on Titan: Last wings of mankind localization? Please? Pleeeeeeeeeease?
Being more realistic, I hope there's something on 3ds miiverse and the new kirby game, perhaps.

Spuratis

Spuratis said:

I have a feeling we're not going to see any extensive information regarding the Wii U on a Nintendo Direct until January, MAYBE December. I'd like to be wrong, it just feels like they are building up anticipation to hopefully blow our minds with some announcements. It does feel dumb though that they aren't showing anything Wii U tomorrow. I think I'm in denial, because I want to believe they're saying it's a 3DS direct just to throw us off. -_-

VolcanoFlames

VolcanoFlames said:

... I was happy when I saw 'ND Broadcast Tommorow'. Then I saw 'Focused on announced 3DS titles'. Just hope there is A LOT OF WII U NEWS WHEN THEY'RE THROUGH FOCUSING ON 3DS TITLES!!
.......please.

AVahne

AVahne said:

In other words, nothing to get excited about. Let me know when Nintendo does something that's actually worth mentioning.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@mariobro4 You can watch it on your 3ds when you get home then :P

I imagine the Kirby and Yoshi games will come up, neither of which interest me greatly right now. I'm sure Zelda will get a huge focus though so that alone should be good!

Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain said:

I would like to see more informations about Theatrhythm Final Fanatsy: Curtain Call and Flipnote 3D.

yoshisfood2go

yoshisfood2go said:

professor layton VS. pheonix wright. professor layton VS. pheonix wright! please, please please, nintendo!

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

@ikki5 Well both need stuff, right? We have lot's announced, but no details. A struggling Wii U doesn't mean they can stop what they're doing with the 3DS.

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

Pretty sure we'll see some new stuff on Kirby and Yoshi's island. Hopefully miiverse announcement too!

SubZer023

SubZer023 said:

3D flipnote , Miiverse 3DS, yoshi kirby ALBW, iron fall, Finalfantasy, SM3DW news and a new app for WiiU

Kirk

Kirk said:

@AlexSora89 Based on it's Twitter is seems like the

Such small expectations to be fair, not a lot to ask for, and yet you're probably 100% right that they will be "doomed".

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

They've already been trying to spoil every last detail of Link Between Worlds. I get the feeling I'm going to be looking away and skipping ahead a lot tomorrow morning.

SuperSah

SuperSah said:

Miiverse 3DS PLEASE.

Also Smash Bros 3DS gameplay! We've got like two minutes worth of it in total. :/

MasterWario

MasterWario said:

I haven't seen anyone say it, but I feel like they're gonna throw in the release of the Pokemon X/Y soundtrack...because apparently it releases tomorrow in Japan, so perhaps it will release here as well. I can't wait to get a hold of some more video game music.

theperson

theperson said:

kind of irrelevant but when are street fighter x tekken and tekken x street fighter out, they were my most wanted when wii u games were announced pre release, i thought they were launch window and the disappeared of the face of the world :(

Shambo

Shambo said:

Prof. Layton vs. Ace Attorney? One of the games I'm looking forward to since the first announcement, even though at first I couldn't believe it were true.
Time Travelers translated?
Senran Kagura release date, without crawling back from physical release in PAL regions?
Dementium 3?
WarioWare Twisted on virtual console worldwide?
Okay it's getting a bit too unlikely...

Windy

Windy said:

I hope they will announce Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Bravely Default for 2014

thesilverbrick

thesilverbrick said:

I'm hoping there'll be a Smash Bros. character reveal of some kind. Maybe Zelda in honor of A Link Between Worlds or Toad for Mario 3D World...

Great_Gonzalez

Great_Gonzalez said:

I just hope they don't show any more of a link between worlds I'm so excited for it and don't want to see any more and ruin it for myself only over a week to go now! But they can confirm Majora's Mask 3D :D

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

No no no. Why focus on 3DS? Yes of course Wii U content would be there but on this moment Wii U needs to be the entire focus on this Nintendo Direct and... and EVERYTHING if they want to sell properly this holiday, Gosh!! >:(

flummerfelt

flummerfelt said:

I would love some info of localization for Dragon Quest 7 (a man can dream, can't he?), and a release date for Mario Golf!

Conellossus

Conellossus said:

What I want:
-3DS Miiverse
-Super Mario Bros. 3 VC release date.
-Kirby
-Yoshi's New Island
-More Super Mario 3D World
-Did I forget to mention 3DS miiverse?
-3DS miiverse
-3DS miiverse
-3DS miiverse
-3DS MIIVERSE!!!!!!!!

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

MH4 western announcement would make my day as I held out on getting it for Wii U as I had Tri on Wii.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Bravely Default release date. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse release date. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy release date. That is all I need.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@MeowGravy Wii U just needs the ones from the last one to actually be available. Announcing even more stuff (Which will probably be delayed anyway) is just annoying. Wish they went back to just announcing stuff when it was a week away or so.

Weedy

Weedy said:

If I could have put money on a Direct coming out this week I would have, it seemed inevitable given the approaching console launches. But I never would have expected 3DS to take the spotlight for it, poor little WiiU!

Dyltheman

Dyltheman said:

coolio, expecting mario party, kirby, zelda, maybe some smash bros. but am i the only one thing now would be a good time to announce the 3rd exculsive sonic game?

Gold

Gold said:

Feburary - Donkey Kong 3D
April - Zelda : ALBW
June - DKC : Tropical Freeze
August - Animal Crossing Plaza
October - Kirby 3D
November - ??? What's the suprise this time? Any guesses?

ferthepoet

ferthepoet said:

I want Reggie to announce that Senran Kagura is releasing this week and claim that his body is ready

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I always enjoy Nintendo Direct broadcasts regardless of the content, but I would definitely like to hear some more information about Mii Verse on the Nintendo 3DS. Just saying...

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

Since this is a 3DS-focused Direct, I expect:
-Mario Party Island Tour
-Zelda ALBW
-Mario Golf World Tour details and possible release date
-Bravely Default release date
-Reminder of Pokemon XY soundtrack being available
-Reminder of Pokemon Bank
-More formal announcement of Sega 3D Classics release dates
-Yoshi's New Island

There might be some surprise at the end coughMonsterHunter4localizationcough.
I don't expect Professor Layton & the Azran Legacy and Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright details until a later Direct.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

There will probably be another big Wii U Nintendo Direct in January like there was this year, though it'll be at the beginning of January instead of the end.

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

I've seen enough 3D World and I refuse to watch anything else until the game releases so I hope they don't show anything more there. If anything, I'm more interested on details for Mario Party: Island Tour, since that game comes out next Friday and we still don't know much about it. You know what...here's my list of what I want to see:

-Mario Party: Island Tour
-Zelda: Link Between Worlds (I imagine that will be featured)
-Kirby 3DS
-Yoshi's New Island (still know only minimal information about this title)
-Mario Golf: World Tour (seriously, this game practically dropped off the radar...)
-MIIVERSE FOR 3DS. I NEED to see this announcement!
-A new announcement?
-Mario Kart 8 (even though it's looking it will be 3DS centered, they typically discuss a thing or two about the other console, and Mario Kart 8 is coming in early 2014, so...)

Hope this Direct won't disappoint.

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

Geez man, I'm desperately hoping for some sort of surprise. Or Smash Bros. news, because other than that, there isn't THAT much to say about the upcoming 3DS games, except for Kirby and maybe Yoshi's island.

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

Here's what I'm guessing, which I feel is fairly realistic:

LoZ: LBW
Professor Layton & The Azran Legacy
MAYBE PLvAA
Mario Party: Island Tour
Bravely Default
A couple of new announcements for next year
A sizzle reel of upcoming 3DSWare games
3DS System Update info
And maybe, maybe, GBA VC for Wii U as a end of Direct surprise (I mean really, how many Directs haven't had a surprise at the end?)

Anyway, my point is that I really only expect info on announced 3DS games (gee, I wonder why?) and then update info and maybe a surprise at the end. 35 minutes, tops.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

If they deviate, it better be about Flipnote or reinstating Swapnote.

Or giving us PictoChat 3D. No camera use. No recordings.

Beta

Pokemon X&Y DLC
Digimon Re:Digitize localisation
Fantasy Life localisation
Medabots Dual and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Carnival localisation T_T sobs

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

Hopefully news about 3DS Miiverse, unified account system and of course gameplay video and more information about Kirby and Yoshi's Island.

As a special surprise Nintendo will announce Virtual Boy for 3DS Virtual Console. You can either play it with the red&black original eye destroying colours, or optionally with new colors that are more towards gameboy colouring. In the settings colours settings can be changed.

That would be so awesome.

supocarta

supocarta said:

Bet we get supermario 3 after this ,that would explain the lack off vc this week.
But i want sega 3D classics come on !

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

I hope we get some news on 3DS Miiverse. Zelda Link Between Worlds has online functions and that is hopefully something to do with Miiverse in a way similar to the Tingle Bottle item in Wind Waker HD.