Nintendo 3DS Direct Bringing the Love on 14th February

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Europe focused on the handheld, North America will include Wii U games

Nintendo has announced new Nintendo Direct broadcasts, giving us a positively useful 24 hours to prepare ourselves. In Europe this time around the focus is on the 3DS, with Nintendo stating that it'll look at future games on the handheld; the North American broadcast isn't branded in quite the same way, "covering upcoming Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games".

Unlike the global Wii U broadcast, then, this will encompass regional presentations running at the same time, with Satoru Shibata confirmed as host of Nintendo of Europe's presentation. The Nintendo of America video happens at 6am Pacific time / 9am Eastern time, while the Nintendo of Europe broadcast kicks off at 2pm British time / 3pm Central European time.

So, will these broadcasts focus on upcoming releases and keep it low key, or are we in for some exciting announcements and reveals as seen in Wii U Direct? Feel free to speculate wildly in the comments below, and be sure to come back to Nintendo Life on Valentines Day for live coverage and reaction.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

According to facebook, this is a Wii U direct as well.

"Looking for a Valentine’s date? Join us tomorrow morning at 6 AM PST for a Nintendo Direct covering upcoming Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games! As always, you can watch on Facebook or on Nintendo.com/nintendo-direct."

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@SkywardLink98 - Yeah, the European presentation is all about 3DS, NA's is branded different. I've updated the article, so hit refresh if need be :)

LordGeovanni

LordGeovanni said:

Or maybe a high-demand game that I actually want. Luigi's mansion and Fire Emblem are not doing it for me.

Would love to hear about GBA or N64 on VC. Or maybe a new deal on the VCs like the Wii U got...

ktribal

ktribal said:

There better be a release date for New Leaf or I swear to Miyamoto...
That said, Bravely Default and DQVII confirmation please. :)

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

I expect some wii u release dates for game & wario, wii fit u and pikmin 3. Maybe with some new info. Maybe a new 3ds game announced, and an AC:NL release date. I dont expect anything on the scale of the wii u direct, but maybe a couple game announcements.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Sweet! Sorry, I had to write a pun.

Nintendo will be having a treat for us. Gah, let's just have fun with Valentine jokes along with game speculation!

A Valentine card from them would say, "Wii love u."

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Awesome news. I want to see what the 3ds has to offer other then pokemon the second half of the year! Plus AC:NL release date please!

P184

P184 said:

Harmoknight, Fantasy Life and Bravely default, plus commitment to Monster Hunter localisation would suffice.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

In all seriousness, I expect to finally get a solid release date for Game & Wario, along with Animal Crossing: New Leaf and hopefully Harmoknight. I have little idea about any new games, but they can sure surprise us after what they did at the Wii U Direct.

SteveRod1992

SteveRod1992 said:

Sounds great. I just hope they don't spend the whole time giving us new info on games we already know are coming soon. I want at least one new major game announcement!

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I hope this one will be as good as the last direct...kind of afraid to keep my hopes up but we will see!

Kohaku

Kohaku said:

European release date for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and that Europe will get Animal Crossing in the first week of april.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

EU is badly in need of release dates for 3DS AND WiiU. Would've liked at least some Wii U time for just announcing release dates. Still, this is interesting!

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I'm trying to keep my expectations low, as I have the feeling it's just going to be hyping Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion, maybe a date for Animal Crossing.

I would love a flurry of new games though. It's time for a new Mario and Luigi! A brand new handheld Zelda would be great too. It's been more than 3 years since the last one so its not crazy to hope there might be one at Christmas.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

I don't see anything about this on Nintendo's Japan website. No 3DS direct for us in Japan then? So...nothing new, just videos announcing releases or Japanese games for the western market I'm guessing?

shynra

shynra said:

Monster hunter!!! and Harmo Knight Please and teh release of Code Of Princess on the e-shop!

AhabSpampurse

AhabSpampurse said:

Mansion 2 all the way, I'm super excited for that game, I've finished the first one at least 15 times, huge fan.

JayRydah

JayRydah said:

Really hard not to get pumped for this. I have hopes that nintendo is trying to give us wii u owners good news sinve the whole raymans legends crap that ubisoft pulled. Hopefully its something awesome. Plz dont let us down Nintendo. Confirmed release dates for wii u games releasing soon would be nice

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

These particular directs are cool and but Im a bit suspicious of their timing. Sony is planning to announce something big on 2/20 [most likely the anticipated PS4]. I guess Nintendo wants to get their info in 1st. Nothing wrong with that i suppose. i hope the direct addresses the rayman legends issue. Hmm...

OverturePT

OverturePT said:

Just hope that this doesn't mean that the US will have some Wii U goodies and us europeans will be looking at it from afar...

Shworange

Shworange said:

Animal crossing can't be much more than three months away, so I'm really expecting a release date here! Nintendo, if you really loved us you'd let us know tomorrow... :)

SuperCharlie78

SuperCharlie78 said:

Bravely Default, Project X Zone, Code of Princess, Prof. Layton Vs. Ace Attorney, Time Travelers (believe) all here!

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

I also think it will most likely be release dates for games without one yet (EU that is) instead of something big as last Wii U direct.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Honestly, both Nintendo Directs could simply be Shibato and Reggie coming out, saying "Go **** yourselves Ubisoft" and then walking off. And it would be one of the best Nintendo Directs we'll ever see.

I like other people's suggestions though. I'll be happy with some release dates, some Game Boy games like Pokemon coming to 3DS VC, and Bravely Default and Prof Layton vs Ace Attorney announcements.

Hyperstar96

Hyperstar96 said:

I have a feling the "Wii U announcements only in North America" will FINALLY be about Earthbound.

rjejr

rjejr said:

If the US Direct has Wii U and the EU doesn't, release dates for Pikmin 3 and W101. Sorry EU.

I'm glad it's 9AM eastern, very nice way to start the day :-)
Sony is 6PM next week and that interferes with my dinner.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

I'll honestly be satisfied with a Bravely Default confirm. for North America and hopefully for Europe too. It would be absolutely amazing to get a confirm on Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney. I'm just hoping Nintendo is going to start living up to its promise to bring over more Japanese games.

Obvious78

Obvious78 said:

Please Nintendo, give me just 1 good 1st party hardcore title in 2 months....please???

Konata

Konata said:

Bravely Default & Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I want them both in this Nintendo Direct x3

element187

element187 said:

@JayRydah I think thats exactly what this Nintendo Direct will be. To throw cold water on the Rayman Legends delay.... Hopefully they move up one of their finished games to an earlier release.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

Something I suspect weird will happen with Animal Crossing which bothers me...I just feel it.

datamonkey

datamonkey said:

lol - reason there's no WiiU games being covered in the European ND is because there are no WiiU games for EU!

TheRavingTimes

TheRavingTimes said:

Perfect timing (sarcasm), I have to leave my house at 8:30 in the morning for my last lecture before reading week. Guess I'll have to catch the last 15 minutes while it's still live :(

Falk_Sturmfels

Falk_Sturmfels said:

I want announcements from Dragon Quest VII and Bravely Default. Also Etrian Odyssey IV for Europe.

Who kows know, which genre I prefer?

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

As long as we get some release dates i'll be happy. Of course, a few surprises wouldn't hurt either. :)

enjoievan

enjoievan said:

they've somehow managed to ignore new leaf in every nintendo direct thus far... can't see it being anything else.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm keeping my expectations low on this next Nintendo Direct. That way I won't get disappointed if they don't reveal too much new but will get a nice suprise if they do.... I hope someone holds some fruit though ;)

pariah164

pariah164 said:

BRAVELY DEFAULT. Come on, Nintendo.

I wish I could lower my expectations without depressing myself.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Please, NOA...talk about Ultimate already!
The west needs to like, know about this game. xD

Doma

Doma said:

FE release date pls. I've seen a few online retailers listing end of May/June, i'll be pissed if true.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

I'm open for anything in terms of 3DS. Hopefully we'll see some new games like with what they did with the last Wii U presentation. Oh, and regarding the Wii U snippets that will be discussed... PIKMIN 3 RELEASE DATE PLEASE!

C7_

C7_ said:

I'm expecting release dates for upcoming titles and nothing else.
I didn't say hoping for intentionally, because the fact that we still don't have release dates for all of those "launch window" titles is a joke and it's no wonder the WiiU isn't getting much attention.

WarioMan

WarioMan said:

For 3DS,I hope for GBA games on VC,Please Nintendo.
As for Wii U,I hope for a Release Date for Zelda Wii U.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Instead of dwelling on my lack of a significant other on Valentine's Day, I can spend my morning hoping for news of a Rocket Slime 3 localization.

roryscott

roryscott said:

I really hope they confirm that Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney is being localised because it is the best thing to happen ever! :D

Dodger

Dodger said:

Animal Crossing is really all I care about. That'll keep me entertained for years to come. I've been excited for years now.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

• Miiverse on 3DS patch announced
  • Trailer for the original 3DS Zelda title
  • Trailer for Monolith Soft's 3DS title
  • FlipnoteMemo app trailer
  • 3DS Lite/i announcement
  • A Link to the Past 3D Classic remake
  • Zelda Majoras Mask 3D announcement
  • Elite Beat Agents sequel announcement

Any one of these would make me happy. The more the merrier of course.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Maybe NA will get a release date for Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. I'm particularly stoked about the new Shantae.

@DarkKirby
I haven't heard anything about that. Where did you hear that?

Emaan

Emaan said:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf release date please! I literally just posted to Miiverse hoping Nintendo would give us a 'date' for the game this Valentine's Day. :*

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

@Ralizah

I meant it as a joke since it's the Valentines Day Direct. If only New Love Plus was localized outside of Japan... =(

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

@DarkKirby
Gotcha, LOL. I mean, I know Nintendo pledged to bring over more Japanese games (BravelyDefaultBravelyDefaultBravelyDefaultBravelyDefaultBravelyDefault) but I still can't see them bringing over a dating sim. It would be a really cool announcement on Valentine's Day, though, wouldn't it? I know I'd buy it.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I've got to get up at 5:45am AGAIN?

Worth it. At least this time I won't be so excited that I wake up at 4:00 instead. XD

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Layton Phoenix Trilogy! As in PW VS PL and the new titles in each series!
I am expecting miiverse functionality on 3ds to be the main focus though : )

jacksayspurple

jacksayspurple said:

Surprise release date of tomorrow for Animal Crossing! Haha! I would worship Nintendo as gods if that happened!

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

I wont lie that im excited but i wont keep my hopes up until after the Nintendo Direct is over...only because im jus looking forward to actual confirmed release dates and the WiiU system updates! But ima still keep my fingers crossed

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

GBA on 3DS Virtual Console, I'm going to say this everytime and eventually I will be right.

Void

Void said:

I'm honestly too busy playing Fire Emblem: Awakening (75 hours and counting.) to care wether they announce anything cool or not.

meltendo

meltendo said:

If they don't give a release date (USA) or even mention Animal Crossing, I'm rioting.

SMW

SMW said:

This may be the first Valentines Day that I'll celebrate! What goes good with Valentines Day and chocolate? I'm sensing Animal Crossing. Then after all that chocolate, you'll need to burn a lot of calories. Wii Fit U release date?

Maybe we'll get a US release date for Wii Street U as well. I know I'm not the only one that wants it!

Also hold the candy for just a minute. Valentines day is on Thursday and so is this ND along with the weekly download. Incoming Thursdayton!

Mr_G

Mr_G said:

Because its valentines day it will aimed at girls.
Animal crossing release date made official with Pink 3DS bundle.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Valentine's Day is Forever Alone Day to me. Fortunately, this broadcast will help me--oh, damn it! 6 AM! Sorry, but I need precious sleep after my night job. :( I'll have to read about it all when I wake up.

Edit: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright getting a confirmed localization is my most sought-after news.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Maybe this will have to do with 3rd party stuff. Some games we were hoping would come to Wii U (GTA5, Blacklist, Watch Dogs).

As for other stuff I'm hoping for localization announcements of some of Japan's biggest titles like Dragon Quest VII, Bravely Default, and Time Travelers.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

@brandonbwii
Hopefully the 3rd party Wii U support will be in this direct.I think Iwata said it was going to get it's own but since it's NA specific it might be that.

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

Long shot, but maybe they'll announce the next Sonic game there. It would be a great bit of promotion for both Nintendo Direct and for Sega.

Airola

Airola said:

@SMW Yeah, I've been very interested in Street View U too. I can't understand people who've been hating on it.

I hope it would be a free app, but I think I could pay up to 5.99 euros for it.

GuardianKing

GuardianKing said:

Oh you people and your silly to reasonable expectations.

This is Reggie we're talking about!

Throw your expectations out the window, cause they're better off dead.

Henmii

Henmii said:

It probably finally gives us some dates for Fire Emblem and Luigi's mansion 2! But I would love to finally see the new 3DS Zelda too! But I guess it's to soon! I wouldn't be surprised if we see it in March though!

AVahne

AVahne said:

If it turns out that Monster Hunter 4 was pushed back for an international release, that'd be insane.

Dodger

Dodger said:

While a release date for Animal Crossing (preferably before I move in late June) would almost make me forget I have the flu, there are other things that would be nice. I only care about Miiverse on 3DS if it actually works with 3DS games. I would love for them to finally release an account system that works between all of your systems.

I don't expect it though. I'm not being a pessimist, I'm just guessing. They have a Nintendo Direct on Valentines Day. They probably are going to announce something cute. For the first time in the last two years, I would bet money on seeing Animal Crossing in one form or another. Bet we will see some Summer titles too, as they have pretty a pretty good Spring lineup, between Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter 3 and Luigi's Mansion.

Oh, and I'm guessing Flipnote Memo was canceled. I'm pretty sure they took that and turned it into Swapnote. If you want something to replace Hatena then Colors 3D is quite fun to browse, if you are willing to pay.

AVahne

AVahne said:

@mastersworddude
Considering this Direct is on Valentines Day, something like this makes the most sense. Personally I'd like it if they announce XSEED is localizing Beyond the Labyrinth for 3DS.

krunchykhaos

krunchykhaos said:

I wanna see a smash brothers update. Maybe a retro studios update or even more ambitious a screenshot of zelda wiiU.

ClassicJetterz

ClassicJetterz said:

While I'd LOVE to see some Mario Kart U shots...I have a feeling that would be a worldwide coverage with Mr. Iwata, rather than the respective presidents of each region.

I think the North American Nintendo Direct will cover some Wii U/ 3DS release dates. Maybe more? Maybe more.

Happy Single's Awareness Day!

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

I'm thinking release dates for upcoming games and trailers for them as well. I don't expect any new games/remakes to be announced.

Cloud-San-VII

Cloud-San-VII said:

An Animal Crossing: New Leaf release date would be a present. EarthBound comimg to the Wii U eShop would be a MiRaClE. (Sorry for the double post).

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

Expectations: 3DS Miiverse, AC New Leaf date, Luigi's Mansion 2 European release date, Harmoknight American release date and other eShop stuff, F Zero on Wii U VC, Free Tank Tank Tank download, Google Street view for NA, and 2nd Rayman Legends demo.

Hopes: GB VC multiplayer update, Flipnote Memo, Youtube 3DS, more on GBA eShop downloads, Tetris Axis released on the eShop, Earthbound for North America.

kereke12

kereke12 said:

lets see if mr.iwata talks about games like animal crossing and the hulu app ohh and pokemon x and y

Boofonater001

Boofonater001 said:

I will make a list:

Thing that probably be annouced:
1.Animal Crossing
2,Wii Street U
3.Tank,Tank,Tank (Free to play)
4.Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
5;Mii Verse on 3ds
6.Amazon Instant on 3ds
7.System upadates
8.Pink 3DS w/ Animal Crossing
9.VC for Wii U (More Detail)

Things I want to be announced (or put in more detail)
1.Mario Kart U
2.GBA virtual console
3.SSB for 3DS/Wii U
4.Pokemon Virual Console
5.3D Mario platformer
6.Wii U Sports

Just to name a few...

I am in NA.

_Saren_

_Saren_ said:

If you guys weren't in the ambassador club (bought your 3ds before the price drop), then you won't be seeing Gba vc. They were only exclusive to the club and wont be available on the Eshop. Nintendo already said no so get over it.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@SkywardLink98 No, I meant that there only seems to be Direct's announced for outside of Japan, so it looks like it won't be news of new Japanese-developed games, just stuff from Japan being localized for EU and NA, as well as western-developed game. I'm still not seeing anything about a Nintendo Direct for Japan.

@Saren You know, its not like it isn't a logical thing for those games to show up on the VC. Its a reasonable thing to ask for, and enough people would pay for it. They're not harming you by wanting GBA games, so maybe you should leave them alone about it and not be so negative.

SuperCharlie78

SuperCharlie78 said:

According to Gaf this will be all about Fire Emblem DLC, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing, the US Direct at least, just this.

Dunban

Dunban said:

About one think I´m qiute sure: They will reveal a limited 3ds/ monsterhunter 3u bundle witch a special edition of the 3 ds (some nice painting on) they did the same in japan witch tri g, so it would be no big thing to sell these bundles also over here.

maybe also a mii verse for the 3ds. with the functionality to interact with wii u owners. would be a possibility to draw the attention of 3ds owners to the wii u.

another thing is more a wish of me: a first look on the monolith game for 3ds! i would go insane for a baten katos 3ds :D