Mega Man 10 Heading to WiiWare!

Posted by James Newton

New Nintendo Power announces upcoming Capcom epic!

It seems 90% of the people who bought Mega Man 9 haven't finished it yet, but there's still plenty of time to whip those last levels into submission as Mega Man 10 will be launched in 2010.

The latest issue of Nintendo Power carries the exclusive reveal of the blue blaster's latest escapade, and it's looking like following in its predecessor's footsteps with more retro-styled running and gunning. Those that struggled with the previous entry may be pleased to know that 10 will feature an "Easy Mode", although Easy in the context of the Mega Man series isn't exactly the falling-off-a-log kind.

There's also new bosses, including the terrifying-sounding Sheep Man who gives you "Thunder Wool", and you'll also have the ability to play as Proto Man from the very beginning, bringing yet more fresh twists to this rather exciting project.

We'll bring you more news on Mega Man 10 as soon as we get it.

[via gonintendo.com]

Noire

Noire said:

Bwahahahahaha this is the best gaming news I've heard since E3. Absolutely flippin' brilliant. More Mega Man is always incredibly welcome in Feenieland, and even moreso considering it's NES-styled and in the classic series like MM9 is. I love it love it lovelovelove it. (dies of happiness)

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I think we all saw this coming. I'll probably get it, but I am a bit disappointed by the lack of a Mega Man X9.T_T

I just hope all the bosses are as crazy as "Sheep Man"!XD

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

No! I want badass bosses like Gutsman, Heatman and Snakeman! Not "crazy" stuff. The development team obviously take the ir task lightheartedly.

But anyway, I love Mega Man 9 (and I haven´t finished it) and I hope this will be as good as that game.

siavm

siavm said:

Why did you put me out at the beginning. I accidentally deleted my save and had to start over again. I did not get far the first time and I am still at that place now. I may get this game but not at launch.

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

This game is gonna be awesome. Not because of the "Easy Mode", but because it's more of Mega-awesomness!

AVahne

AVahne said:

Megaman 9 in 2009, Megaman 10 in 2010...so are we going to have to wait til 2011 for Megaman 11?

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

/me explodes in a fit of excitement

I concur with Bass, release the damn NES games already! And that SNES one.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Its also a joke. The old games used roman numerals then they made Megaman X which is also a roman numeral but unrelated to the previous games. So Megaman X and Megaman 10 are sequels to Megaman VII but are different games.

donth8

donth8 said:

Hard Mode all the way!
Bring it Capcom.
So we can expect 4,5,and 6 appearing on vc to celebrate 10's release?

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

"It seems 90% of the people who bought MegaMan 9 haven't finished it yet."
Looks like I'm in that 10% range since i beat it in the first week it came out.
Easy mode?
Mega Man 9 was easy in my opinion and I didn't really have any difficulty issues with it especially after playing the original, so this is just for the noobs it seems.

Digiki

Digiki said:

There are still people who haven't finished Mega Man 9?

Yup, some people would rather beat good games than decent ones.

RichardNixon

RichardNixon said:

This made me far too happy. Mega Man 9 is my favorite game on WiiWare. This is going to rule. Hopefully it will be in the style of MM3. I want to be able to slide! If there's an easy mode, there better be a normal and a hard mode too. Not all of us are wimps.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

are they continuing to do contest to create bosses like in the past megaman??

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I couldn't even beat the original Megaman with a Game Genie cheat cartridge, so in rare instances like Megaman, the game needs to be dumbed down with "easy mode" - excellent for "dumb" gamers like me!

PS - I may be Megaman Dumb, but I totally P'WN at Mario platformers, hehehe! :D

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

megaman easy mode wtf capcom megaman is meant for hardcore players
but with the news of 3 characters megaman and protoman playable from the start you can sign me up
i just hope its not as over priced as part 9

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

I am still in the Wily Stages of MM9, so this makes me want to get my butt in gear and finish it before MM10 comes out. The Easy Mode sounds really great, may play through it first on that mode, and try the harder modes as I get better.

Steamboat_Willie

Steamboat_Willie said:

Awesome, awesome news. MM9 was one of my most favorite games of the year and I'm glad that Capcom is making another one.

Bakajin

Bakajin said:

Personally, I want to see Mega Man go up against Person Man, who would use a frying pan.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

@40: I'm guessing the second picture (that I canmt see DX) is Mareep?

EDIT: I was right! :D

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Wow... WOW! This is freakin' awesome! I'm looking forward to it. I'd criticize Sheep Man if I didn't realize his eyes weren't in it's horns, so it's a good design. I like it. Kinda silly, kinda crazy... kinda like the way things used to be before Sony entered the fray. Awesome!

Mike1

Mike1 said:

I beat Mega Man 9 within the first couple of days. I guess I'm in the 10%. Anyway awesome news about MM10!

Knux

Knux said:

I still need to play and finish MM3 and MM9, but I will still be buying this gem on day one. :D

maka

maka said:

Wow!!!!! Great news. I love Megaman 9 and although I didn't finish, I'm close to finishing it :D The only MM game I finished was MM2, which I hear is the easiest in the series...

Eastlondon

Eastlondon said:

[img src="http://www.themmnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/megaman10.jpg"]

I love the box art, but who's that in the bottom left?
Is that Sheep Man?

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Sheepman sounds stupid:) But the "cover art" for MM10? Effin' classic!

It's more retro-flavored Mega Man though, so I'm definitely excited. Can't wait!

odd69

odd69 said:

This is will be a day one buy for me. I think i will try out the easy mode. I think it's nice to have that option. I got the Mega Man Anniversary collection on gamecube so my feelings wont be hurt if they don't release All of them on the VC. You can buy a used copy for less than 20 bucks.

Ryuuga

Ryuuga said:

Wow, now I got an incentive to beat MM9...still trapped in Wily castle :(

Anyway, awesome news. MM9 was fantastic, so I hope this one will be even better with 3 characters. I guess Bass is the third one!

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

Dude. Best news of the year, in my opinion. Words can't express how excited I am for this release. I was hoping they would bring out a tenth game and I'm quite stoked to see that all the popularity and stellar sales of MM9 have paid off for us, the fans, in the form of yet another classic installment to the series! Woot!

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

I feel like the only person who doesn't like this series. Played and completed Megaman 2 and 3. Asides good music, the whole thing was a bit dull. Felt like it was trying to hide a fairly generic game by making it go HEY GUYZ I'M REALLY HARD.

Spot the unintended innuendo and win a cookie

JakobG

JakobG said:

The best thing is that they kept the hilarious cover artwork.
It's not as cheesy as it used to be anymore, but still incorrect with every other possible look of Megaman.

Rensch

Rensch said:

I badly need this game. Mega Man 9 made me a fan of the series.

But unfortunately they seem to go back to weird random bosses like they did after the first few games. Sheep Man? Just WTF!

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I also hope that Mega Man 4, 5, and 6 are released before the new game. It would be a great way to lead up to Mega Man 10

Kevin

Kevin said:

The ending to Mega Man 9 kinda gave it away that a Mega Man 10 was gonna happen and I'm soooooooo excited for this game. Hopefully ProtoMan will be better this time around. Can not wait! Also Sheep Man and easy mode? WTF? I don't need an easy mode.

Zammy

Zammy said:

@Kevin: Oh, I'm terrible sorry. I'll tell Capcom to cater the game to your needs next time.

Sheep man is terrifying. -ly awesome. -ly horrifying.

deadly_by_design

deadly_by_design said:

Great news - I'll buy it day one.

Keep that X-sequel crap to yourselves, Capcom. (only the first was worthy, IMO) You're smart to continue with the better half of the franchise. (and burn all copies of Legends)

@Raylax:
Are you just trying it now? Are you a fan of that genre and period normally? 8-bit Megaman is a period work, and should be judged as such. It's not breaking new ground, but refining and refreshing take on a genre from years past.

Then again, Megaman games weren't everyone's cup of tea back then either.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

For those who have not beaten Mega Man 9, my advice is to stock up on E-tanks to get you through till the end. Also there are some excellent strategy guides out there to aid you in your quest.

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

This is just fantastic news! :D Ok, so I would have preferred a MegaMan X9 (with the look and gameplay going back to the SNES days) but this is the next best thing. Can't wait to play through it!

evilralfwiggum

evilralfwiggum said:

Looks like I should go and beat the last 3 Mega Man 9 challenges I haven't finished yet. Beat the game 30 times... beat each boss with one pixel of life left... beat the game without getting hit. Those are the only 3 I have left. Hmm.. also have beatin it in 27 minutes, maybe I should try to improve. :0 just for practice! yay XD

vakama94

vakama94 said:

YEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!, now this are awesome news, and yeah im that 90% of people :D, i hope they some DLC too :):)

vherub

vherub said:

never finished mm9, maybe 2 or 3 bosses left, but I've never finished any of the mm, always lose interest from the die/repeat/memorization after a while. Plus holding the controller sideways for too long cramped my hands up.

Probably will still get 10 the day it is released, though.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

@Aenaida - That was my thought, too. Pokémon invented the electric sheep 10 years ago.

Easy Mode, YES! I might actually get this one because of that, especially if they release a demo that lets you try easy mode.

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

@Bulbasauras Rex
Pokemon invented electric sheep? Please... Ever heard of Bladerunner? How about you look up the name the source material... I'm just saying...

OverlordMao

OverlordMao said:

...WHAT!? FINALLY! man, this is the greatest news I've heard from nintendo since...well, when Mega Man 9 was announced! :)

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Fantastic news. Mega Man 9 was the first Mega Man game I played, and I instantly fell in love with it. I still haven't beaten that final boss, but I'm sure that won't stop me from getting 10.

MAddogz

MAddogz said:

WAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Just read the news now... Woooooow!!!

That's like birthday and christmas falling on the same day!!!
I want MM 10!!! Yeah!!!

Haven't finished 9 yet. got beaten by the boss of Wily world 3 and haven't picked it up since...
Gonna finish that one before though... it ain't unbeatable. Just hard.

But what about sheep man??? that's so ridiculess that it is funny again rofl

Yasume

Yasume said:

Instant download. I'll make sure to beat Mega Man 9 before it comes out.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

"There are still people who haven't finished Mega Man 9?"

Uhh, surely yeah. You know how freakin' hard that game is?

I'd much rather see a Mega Man X9, but this is still great news! Glad to see that there's finally gonna be an easy mode, and Capcom must really be getting desperate for new "Men" with Sheep Man! XD
It'd be nice to see another female robot master as well.

Now I just hope Capcom doesn't make us pay for multiple difficulties like last time...

BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat said:

I was hoping for a more 16-bit look, but as long as the game isn't ball-bruisingly difficult, maybe I'll give it a try. I'm sick of being knocked into a pit after one hit from an enemy though.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

@Djungelurban I (unfortunately) had to read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" (the book Blade Runner was based on) for a sci-fi literature college class. Although it used electricity to power itself, it was only a basic mechanical sheep. By "electric sheep," I'm implying that it has electric-based special abilities like Mareep and Sheep Man do.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

But wait wouldn't this make it Megaman X actually? Ah, who knows... looks awesome though! I won't complain. MegaMan is better than MegaMan Super Ultra Battle Network Omni Street Rocket Action 5.

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

What I can't believe is that we have all these games with all these different "men" and Capcom still hasn't gotten around to making "Water Man".

Draygone

Draygone said:

Hey, Capcom, I have a suggestion. You're probably going to have another flash attack to freeze enemies onscreen, right? Maybe Sheep man could help serve that purpose. I mean, he's a sheep. Sheep make people fall asleep. I think it'd be pretty funny if you used Sheep Man's attack, and all the enemies onscreen fell asleep, with the flying robots plopping to the ground.