Nintendo Download: 1st May (North America)

Posted by Darren Calvert

Triple Kirby, Mario Golf, Mega May begins and more!

It's Nintendo Download time, North America, and this week brings some rather tempting offerings to both the Wii U and 3DS. There are retro classics on both Virtual Consoles along with brand new software, while some discounts and two major retail titles also make an appearance. Let's get to the details.

Did you miss the European Nintendo Download news earlier this week. Stop panicking and click right here for all the information you need.

3DS Retail Downloads

Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo, $34.99 / $39.99CAD) - Lucky North America, you get this two weeks earlier than Europe. Devour trees, obstacles and huge chunks of the environment with Kirby’s Hypernova ability and inhale enemies to copy their abilities like Archer, Circus and Bell. It’s a grand new Kirby adventure, plus a new multiplayer battle mode: Kirby Fighters. We thought this was a pleasant package in our Kirby: Triple Deluxe review, while admittedly it doesn’t push the envelope very far. (Available on May 2nd.)

Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo, $29.99 / $34.99CAD) - Grab your clubs and bring fun to the fore in Mario Golf: World Tour! Join Mario and friends for engrossing golf action on your own, or tee off with players from all over the world in thrilling online multiplayer matches. Master a range of courses sure to test even the most experienced player. It’s not all lush greens and blue skies though – take to the fairway on sandy shores, or shoot for the pin on courses inspired by the world of Mario! Check out our Mario Golf: World Tour review if you want to know if this lands a hole in one or not. (Available on May 2nd.)

3DS eShop

Azada (Tulip Games, $5.99 / $6.25CAD) - A 3DS retail game in Europe, coming to the North American eShop at a bargain price. This puzzling page-turner is certainly worth a look, check out our Azada review for more information.

PICROSS e4 (Jupiter Corporation, $5.99 / $5.99CAD) - The 4th game in the Picross e series arrives, now with big 20x15 puzzles, Micross and Mega Picross modes. We'll endeavour to review this right away.

Tiny Games - Knights & Dragons (Reactor, $2.99 / $2.99CAD) The first in a series of mini-game collections for kids. Its look and gameplay is designed for kids, and the games offer a diverting experience with age-appropriate session lengths. Find out what we thought in our Tiny Games - Knights & Dragons review.

3DS Virtual Console

Mega Man Xtreme (Capcom, $4.99 / $4.99CAD) – It’s Mega May! Every Thursday in May, a different Mega Man game will launch in the Virtual Console section of the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Today’s release: Mega Man Xtreme; this spinoff to the Mega Man X games was originally released on Game Boy Color. In the action-packed platformer, Mega Man X must join forces with Middy, a genius hacker, and his partner Zero to restore peace. Help them defeat strong robotic enemies, obtain new abilities and clean up crime! Watch out for our upcoming review by none other than Philip J Reed.

Wii U eShop

Stick it to the Man (Ripstone, $9.99) - On an ordinary day, hard hat tester Ray has a bizarre accident and wakes up with a giant pink spaghetti arm sticking out of his brain, giving him extraordinary mind-reading powers. Ray can suddenly change the world with stickers, transforming his paper universe by tearing it, folding it and using the crazy stickers he finds (along with his awesome new powers) to solve mind-boggling puzzles! Sadly, Ray doesn't have much time to get to grips with his new psychic abilities. Instead, he’s on the run from ‘The Man’ for a crime he didn’t commit. Can you help Ray out of this sticky situation? Get ready to tear it, rip it and Stick it to the Man! Watch out for our upcoming review.

Abyss (EnjoyUp Games, $1.99) - Natural resources are scarce and the survival of the human race is in danger. Desperate to find new energy resources, the ASAN creates a biomechanical robot called Nep2no that is capable of withstanding extreme depths in the hope of finding new energy sources. This looks like an intriguing action/adventure at a tempting price point. Our review will be with you soon if you are on the fence, while we quite liked the DSiWare original.

Wii U Virtual Console

Mach Rider (Nintendo, $4.99) – It’s the year 2112. Earth has been invaded by the forces of evil. Battle the invaders as you race from sector to sector on your motorcycle, dodging obstacles and searching for survivors. For a different challenge, you can even create your own course in Design Mode, using the various twists, turns and straightaways the game has to offer. Here's our review of the 3DS eShop release of Mach Rider for your consideration.

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Tappingo – Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on May 15, get fun puzzle game Tappingo for 30 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS; that's $1.99 / $2.19CAD. We rather liked this in our Tappingo review.

Shin Megami Tensei IV – For a limited time, well-received RPG Shin Megami Tensei IV is $29.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer starts at 9 a.m. PT on May 5 and ends at 9 a.m. PT on May 12. Check out our Shin Megami Tensei IV review.

Wii U and 3DS eShop Permanent Discounts

Bird Mania Christmas 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Starting today, the price of Bird Mania Christmas 3D is being reduced from $1.99 to $0.99 / $0.99CAD.

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – On May 5, the price of Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist is being reduced from $59.99 to $29.99.

Those are the choices this week, North America. Let us know what you're planning to pick up in the poll and comments below.

What will you be downloading first this week? (326 votes)

Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS retail)

15%

Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS retail)

11%

Azada (3DS eShop)

PICROSS e4 (3DS eShop)

Tiny Games - Knights & Dragons (3DS eShop)

Mega Man Xtreme (3DS Virtual Console)

16%

Mach Rider (Wii U Virtual Console)

Stick it to the Man (Wii U eShop)

10%

Abyss (Wii U eShop)

Discounted - Tappingo (3DS eShop)

Discounted - Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS retail)

Discounted - Bird Mania Christmas 3D (3DS eShop)

Discounted - Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist (Wii U retail)

Nothing for me this week!

30%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

Haha, I finally got the first vote! I'll be getting Xtreme FIRST most likely, but I'll get Mario Golf tomorrow as soon as it launches. Can't wait to try it out!

EDIT:

Also, hopefully this is just a one-week downtime for the Wii U VC so that the 3DS can get a bit more attention. It had so much steam going last month, I really hope that they don't go right back to one NES game a week. We gotta get that MMBN3 sometime this month, after all!

Stu13

Stu13 said:

I'm gonna dive into Abyss. I will also be watching for that MM Xtreme review before I decide on that one, as i never played the original.

Blast

Blast said:

Great list but I expected better. Just hurry up to Mario Kart 8 already...

Zach

Zach said:

Apparently the dialog in Stick it to the Man is written by the guy who does Dinosaur Comics. If I'd known that, I'd have become interested a long time ago!

This one seems appropriate. Untitled

Karakato

Karakato said:

Hmm, I was really betting on MMV or Xtreme 2 to win the polls. Xtreme just felt like a rehash of X1&2 with %10 new content and an awkward dashing from what I remember playing... I'll still get it just to see if my opinion still holds true though.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Mega Man Xtreme...It won! IT WOOOOOOON! And I thought V would be sure to release first (though I'm looking forward to that too, just not as much as I am with the Xtremes!). I hope they release Xtreme 2 next week!!!

I'm interested to see what @Philip_J_Reed will have to say in his reviews of the Xtreme games because I once remembered him describing them as "dreadful." Not according to all the reviews I've read of it though...plus the videos I've watched of it look great.

Are Mega Man II, III, and IV worth getting though? I know they recycle a lot of stuff, and they're not as critically acclaimed as V, but I'm sort of itching to play more of the Blue Bomber's adventures. Anybody know?

Also, I'll be getting Kirby Triple Deluxe in the mail tomorrow!

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

The biggest question about Mega May: there are 6 games to release and 5 weeks to release them. Which week will get the two games? Tune in next week (and the one after that...and so on) to find out!

rdrunner1178

rdrunner1178 said:

Mach Rider is the lone Wii-U Virtual Console title this week? At least there are not too many more of these "bare bones" NES launch games left. Hopefully they start ramping the releases up again. Surely they could give us at least 2-3 per week? SMH

Dark-Luigi

Dark-Luigi said:

If Mario Kart 8 wasen't coming this month, I would've gotten Mario Golf. Guess I wait it out.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Just Golf retail for me. Will keep my eye out for reviews for Stick it to the Man though!

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@Discipledoctor I was just about to make that point. I hope they release V and Xtreme 2 together, but it'll most likely be some of the less sought after games that get released together (such as II and III). They picked a good month though because it has five Thursdays.

At the same time, it's a shame the Wii U doesn't seem to be included in the Mega May festivities...It would be great if they could release 5, 6, 7, and X3 for it.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Just getting:

Kirby Triple Deluxe - 3DS
Mario Golf - 3DS
Tiny Games - Knight's & Dragon's - 3DSware

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

@Giygas_95 I feel you, I'm really hoping to see the NES games complete on the Wii U and MMBN 3 this month. The NES games just for the sake of novelty and MMBN because those games were my absolute favorites as a kid. I remember always buying new ones and playing with my friend, trying to get all of the chips and splitting up the work on fighting the bosses. The digital release can't come soon enough!

Also, what in the world is up with the reply function? It wasn't appearing for me.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

MEGAMAN XTREME YES I WAS HOPING IT WOULD WIN!!

But, but... If it's anything more than $5 I can't get it just yet I have $40 of credit for Triple Deluxe.

mystman12

mystman12 said:

I won't be downloading any games, but I'll probably pick up Kirby: Triple Deluxe soon.

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

Some really good stuff this week. I'll be getting Mario Golf: World Tour tomorrow, and probably Stick It to the Man at some point soon. Abyss also looks interesting, especially at $2. I'll wait and see the review on that one before i decide though.

ToonLink795

ToonLink795 said:

Looks like Stick it to the Man and Kirby: Triple Deluxe for me this week. Also glad to see the Wii U get more games lately. :)

On the hand I would not mind getting Mario Golf: World Tour and Abyss is a maybe

Lastly, the Wii u also needs more Game Boy Advance games lets hope we get some at least every other week would be nice.

Lobster

Lobster said:

I moused over that Dinosaur Comics for the alt text out of habit. I had no idea Ryan North wrote Stick It To The Man! That does increase my interest slightly.

This is a good 3DS retail week anyway. I had to pick Picross because I get retail games... at retail.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Today would've been the perfect time to release a Mario Kart 8 demo. It's the first of the month, it's a Thursday, and it's the day after the damned Mario Kart 8 Direct was posted.
Guess that I shouldn't be surprised though; from a consumer standpoint, Nintendo looks like it has absolutely no idea how to do anything in the last few year. Its as if success has gone to their heads and they've forgotten that they're a PUBLISHER and a CONSOLE MAKER in addition to being developers.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Why is the poll not 100% Mario Golf? What is wrong with you people.

GAME OF THE DECADE!! Ok, only GOTY because of the $15 DLC, but still.

Lobster

Lobster said:

@AVahne Very good point. They also need to make sure every single person who buys that MK8 console bundle knows it comes with a free download game. Put a sticker on the box or something.

Tops

Tops said:

Getting Kirby--physical copy
Tappingo--cheap and on sale? yes please
Picross e4 (seems like a good place to start)
Megaman Xtreme (never played it so I'm excited)

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

I thought they would spice the eShop up a bit considering it's Golden Week but, guess not.

Anyway, I'll be picking up physical copies of Kirby and Mario Golf along with Stick it to the Man and probably Abyss if it's any good. Still playing through NESRemix2 and Child of Light.

AVahne

AVahne said:

@Zach
Poor green dinosaur, he doesn't know that Nintendo's gonna stick him in red shoes, put a red saddle on his back, and finally brainwash him into thinking that he can't do anything unless a fat plumber in a red hat rides him.

AVahne

AVahne said:

@BertoFlyingFox
If you happen to have a Playstation console, check out Sony's Golden Week sales. You could check out the details on Nintendo Life's sister site: Push Square.

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

I'm getting Mega Man Xtreme and I might check out Abyss, I'm kinda interested in PICROSS e4 but I don't really want to pay $6 for it since I already have similar games that I haven't finished.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

UGH!!! Mario Golf, Kirby, Child of Light, Amazing Spider Man 2, Stick it to the Man, I don't have enough money for all of this! I needa do a Kickstarter campaign.

Jampie

Jampie said:

I will be getting Stick it to the Man for Wii U and I will be buying a physical copy of Kirby: Triple Deluxe. I may get Abyss... Not sure yet.

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

Isn't there a demo for "the dempamen 3" out today as well? Eh, I'll find out shortly :)

I'll be DLing MMX, Azada, Kirby, Mario golf, & stick it to the man.

JustinH

JustinH said:

Sticking it to the Man at noon! Plus my copy of Spider-Man should show any minute.

ChewyTurtle

ChewyTurtle said:

So excited for Mario Golf! Nintendo is killing me this month, Mario Golf and Mario Kart in the same month?! At least they are a few weeks apart.

Karakato

Karakato said:

@Philip_J_Reed I'm on the same page as you, I'm still getting it though.

Also off topic but you wrote an article on TheMMNetwork site right? I just want to know, when's you're next article coming?

Fingeldor

Fingeldor said:

It's hard to say. I need to get Kirby, Mario Golf and Child of Light. Too many choices!!!

River3636

River3636 said:

Nothing this week , I guess the gameboy advanced games are on hold for wii u. Who in the heck wants Mach rider . Here comes the virtual console drought for wii u again too bad, they could have had a month of megaman there too.

KingMike

KingMike said:

Mega Man Xtreme? I think Philip just said on the forum he didn't like it, spoiler. :P

(I'll probably end up buying it anyways but I never played it.)

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

Totally called this.
Wii U's GBA launch: 3 games! 2 games. 2 again. 1.
The following month: back to one lone NES title.
Sad, Nintendo. Momentum. Learn.

brewsky

brewsky said:

@XCWarrior Because this is a Nintendo Download article. The poll is asking what you are downloading first. A lot of people don't buy retail games on the eShop. They buy it at retail, which doesn't count here.

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

I'd highly recommend SMTIV to anyone who likes RPGs and isn't afraid of a challenge. It's a shame more people haven't played it. It's a truly great game.

SilverArrow

SilverArrow said:

Well, I guess if I had eShop cred, I would get Stick It to The Man plus some of the games I've missed over the past few weeks. If I had actual money, I'd get SMT IV at retail, MGolf at retail, and Kirby 3D at retail.

rjejr

rjejr said:

W/ Kirby and Mario Golf I think it may be a bad week for the 3DS eShop games.
I also wonder if Child of Light releasing this week - 2 days earlier - might hurt Stick it to the Man, which I was planning on getting, but now I'll probably wait or a 1/2 off sale ad get it for $4.99 some day.

There is something to be said for pacing and timing.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

3DS games are getting cheaper in the US but nowhere else.......... great. smh

River3636

River3636 said:

Shim megaami is awesome, who ever is a RPG lover buy that game. It is worth it and then some. Unless you want Kirby ( huhuhhh).

GreyVagrant

GreyVagrant said:

Does anybody know when will Super Mario Kart (SNES) will come on Virtual Console for US ?

Dark-Link73

Dark-Link73 said:

Picross for me and debating still on Child of Light. Doesn't matter how much I try, I can't seem to get into RPG's :-(

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

I'm not sure why people voted for Xtreme 1 over IV, V or Xtreme 2, but it's a decent game.

Will be going for Mega Man first this week.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Man I was hoping for Mega Man V. Well guess I will check out Xtreme since I have never even heard of it.

Andremario

Andremario said:

If things go right it'll be kirby for my son and mm xtreme and tappingo for me! This week is pretty cool! How long will those mario titles be at discount for $29.99?

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

They really did "adjust" the prices for Canada :-/ How very disappointing. So screw this week.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@Discipledoctor I've never played the Battle Network games since I'm really only interested in Mega Man's 2D platformer outings. Are they good? About the reply function, it doesn't appear for comments that pop up while you're on that page. You have to refresh it.

@Philip_J_Reed I'm looking forward to seeing what you think about it!

denpa-ben

denpa-ben said:

I thought the Denpa Men 3 demo was supposed to be out today... Thats what it says on denpamen.com

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

@denpa-ben There FaceBook page say don't worry, it will be out soon (today) was late for an odd reason. The demo is out in UK just waiting for US. I'm about to go check again :)

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario Golf World Tour arrived in the mail today. First time in my life I've ever gotten a game before its release date.

Of course, I'll be grabbing Mega Man Xtreme, along with all the other Mega Man games this month. Cuz, ya know, that's what fans do. And I am most definitely a Mega Man fan.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@rjejr

If something hurts that game, it is the fact that Sony is offering it to its PS4 owners this month. But since writing my letter to Ubisoft in these comments, I may pick Stick It instead. Knowing Ubisoft, a sale of CoL is likely to happen earlier, and the higher price tag could help on that too.

The way I see it Ripstone is taking a gamble by porting to Wii U, while Ubisoft is following their usual pattern of releasing games on every platform under the sun. If they find the audience profitable enough, of course.

Anyway, I will wait for the review of Xtreme, as I always loved X on SNES, but never played that one. And Kirby and Mario Golf will be coming from Amazon.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Everyone should get their "Mojo" on and buy Bird Mania Christmas 3D for that cheap, permanent price of 99 cents~ B-)

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

Grabbed MM Xtreme. I'm suprised MMV didn't place 1st. I guess we won't be seeing any NES games this month b/c Nintendo simply refuses to give us more than 1 VC title at a time:/

Gold

Gold said:

Doing the Mario Kart 8 preorder at Best Buy tomo. DLing MMXtreme soon today. Hopefully getting a $20 card and Triple Deluxe soon.
Also, where's the Denpa Men 3 demo?
EDIT: Bought MMXtreme. Also sadly found out why DM3 demo is gone. :(

legend_of_Shawn

legend_of_Shawn said:

just found out why no denpa men 3 demo.EU gets it today, but sadly in you live in US we don't get it til next Thursday because of "technical issues"

odd69

odd69 said:

This is what we consider a a good week? Sony put more games on sale this week than Nintendo has released. Meh.Child of light is what i want, but then again i'm now debating whether or not to buy it on the wiiu or not.

slidecage

slidecage said:

Denpa 3 still is not out at 530pm est time ..... COME ON I NEED TO PLAY IT :)

and its not coming out

We are very sorry to say the demo for Denpa Men 3 will NOT be available today in North America. Due to technical issues, the demo will be released on May 8th, along with the full version of the game in just seven more days. Please bear with us!

Seems game says its 9.99

denpa-ben

denpa-ben said:

Dang! I was really looking forward to playing the Denpa demo today. Oh well, back to Pokemon X...

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

@Zach That describes so well how I feel about the industry, and I'm not even ashamed of admitting and sounding like a fanboy. :)

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

I'm getting the retail version of Mario Golf tomorrow, so no downloading for me. I need to save money for my Mario Kart 8 pre-order!

luke88

luke88 said:

I'm British, I never normally click on this North American update page but my outrage has brought me here. North Americans can download Mario golf for $30, that's around £17.80, in Britain Nintendo are asking for £35 on the eshop: almost double the price. I'm going to buy this game pre-owned, something I almost never do with Nintendo games, or most games as a whole. I like to support the vast majority of developers and publishers, I want to see most of them do well but double the price?! I hereby call any fellow Brits that have, similarly, been brought to this North American update page in a cold sweaty rage to join me in a boycott...

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

@luke88 Stop complaining. We don't petition even though you guys get more First Party Virtual Console games than us. You also get more merchandise (MGWT Pre-order), more opportunities (MK8 event), more discounts (SMB3), and more events (Pokemon), especially this generation. The last time we got an offer prior to MK8 was LoZWWHD, where they ran out of the special edition items within 3 days of pre-ordering! And they say that Nintendo isn't doing well... You guys just have to pay more. How do you think I feel every time I find out that an event is UK only?

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

Well im getting kirby on retail and shin megami tensei iv on download i never tried it so i might as well try it now.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

Another month goes by and still no Pier Solar HD, Shovel Knight or Scram Kitty. Hoping May isn't just Mario Kart..
Until one of those long awaited indies drops, I've got Ys Seven, Child of Light and Star Ocean Second Evolution to finish.
Maybe try and finish my NG+ in Xenoblade Chronicles.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@TeeJay I barely watch normal golf myself, but try Mario Golf. It is satisfying in a way I can't explain. Probably my favorite of all the Mario Sports series, and that is with baseball being by far and away my favorite actual sport.

@brewsky I guess my sarcasm was not clear enough? I do want people to buy the game, but I know how the poll is worded. I'm getting it physically as well.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

@XCWarrior Well I've got the demo downloaded and while I do not like golf I do agree it is kinda fun. I just feel a bit lost with all the different tees and stuff and it seems impossible to go below par. (I learned what par was from the demo!)

So yes, in my opinion it is okay, but not GOTY material, especially with Smash Bros coming out on both systems later this year.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@Karakato Yes! That's me on the MMNetwork! The next article is coming. I know it's taking a while, but that's only because I'm a really bad person. :)

@Giygas_95 Battle Network is super fun. In my opinion, anyway. If you have any interest in a Mega Man RPG, you'll enjoy it. It's by no means the most in-depth experience or anything, and it's not a patch on the platformers, but it's still lots of fun.

If you prefer a more "serious" take on the Mega Man RPG idea, skip to Starforce.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@TeeJay Glad you at least tried out the demo! All you can ask for being an open minded gamer. Like any game, as you play more, you get better. But to each their own.

Just wish I didn't have work and practice tomorrow, can't pick up Golf until like 5:30 tomorrow afternoon.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@Philip_J_Reed I'd like to see you do reviews of Zero 3 and 4 since you did 1 and 2 a while ago. Do you have any plans for those? Also wouldn't mind seeing you review ZX and ZX Advent. I liked ZX quite well, but Advent sort of left a sour taste...maybe it was the atrocious voice acting?

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

I actually have the Zero 3 review ready to go...I just need to get it submitted. I'll also do 4, and both ZX games. Glad to see you agree the first ZX is superior. I feel like I'm in the minority by preferring that to Advent!

SBOY

SBOY said:

Mario golf in Canada is almost 60$ for the full game (game+dlc+tx.) it's the price for most of Wii U games before tx.

luke88

luke88 said:

@Obito_Tennyson I imagine you feel hurt and confused, am I right? My complaints were supposed to be somewhat tongue in cheek but I do think they're valid. I also think your logic is pretty poor: because Nintendo do things that you don't like, I shouldn't complain about the things they do that I don't like? Surely we should both complain, directly to Nintendo, if enough people did that then perhaps things would change.

Zach

Zach said:

Got Stick it to the Man and am loving it. It's like Oddworld meets Day of the Tentacle meets even weirder humor. The papercraft art style looks amazing. I haven't gotten far but it's a blast to play as of thus. I'm happier with this than Child of Light even. I recommend it! Based on a limited playthrough, sure, but it really grabbed me.

TTGlider

TTGlider said:

I bought Stick it to the Man. Wow, this has an absoultely outstanding look and sound to it. Fantastic!

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I'll be Gameflying Kirby when I get the time (and right now, I've got too much to play already). As for Mega Man Xtreme, I remember being so hype about it back in the day to find out it's essentially a bite sized tour de force of Mega Man X and X2-- buyer beware as just playing the complete MMX and X2 are better overall plays. And as a future heads up, MMXtreme 2 is (you guess it) what I said above of MMX3 and X4.

Other than that... meh week for me... back to Fire Emblem Awakening, M&L:DT, and ponying up cash for the Wii U + MK8 bundle :)

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@Philip_J_Reed Yeah, what I really like about ZX is Model X which you can retain after beating the game on Normal or harder with both characters. It has that great double charge shot from Mega Man X2 which I LOVE. ZX Advent just wasn't quite as good...bad voice acting and a somewhat bizarre storyline. I didn't really like the transforming mechanic either. The boss transformations felt underused and kind of tacked on, but the biometal transformations from the first ZX were fine.

As for the Zero series, Zero 2 is my favorite though most people agree that Zero 3 is the best. Are you perhaps planning to review the Zero DS collection as well?

LightSuitGuy

LightSuitGuy said:

Decided to get Abyss after putting off buying the original DSiWare release for the longest time. Should be interesting!