Nintendo Updates Available Club Nintendo Reward Games in North America

Posted by Martin Watts

Better start counting those coins

Update:

WiiWare title Art Style: Cubello is also available as a reward until 8th December, at a cost of 150 coins.

Original Article:

Nintendo has updated its North American Club Nintendo Rewards service with three new games to download.

From now until the 8th December 2013, users who have enough Club Nintendo coins accumulated can choose between The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for 150 coins (Wii), Dillon's Rolling Western for 200 coins (3DS) or the original Metroid for 150 coins (3DS). Sadly, there aren't any Wii U eShop or Virtual Console titles available to download.

If you've recently bought a Wii U or 3DS XL system and haven't registered it yet, then we'd highly recommend you do so soon; each system will earn you 160 coins, which is enough to bag you one of two of the games listed above. A 2DS, on the other hand, fetches a decent 100 coins.

Are you tempted by any of these current offers? Let us know in the poll and comments section below.

Which Club Nintendo Reward will you pick up first? (281 votes)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

32%

Dillon's Rolling Western

36%

Metroid

Nothing for me this time

26%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Many thanks to TreesenHauser for providing us with this news tip!

[via club.nintendo.com]

cbkummer

cbkummer said:

Does anybody else see "Sorry this reward is currently unavailable" when trying to get A Link to the Past?

alex167

alex167 said:

I have a problem with TLoZ:ATTP, my coins were changed for the wii download ticket code but on Wii Shop Channel says there´s no game for that code.

AtelierFan

AtelierFan said:

I think I'll get A Link to the Past. Just a thought: the orginal Zelda last month, and the SNES sequel this month; the orginal Metroid this month and Super Metroid next month, maybe?

SpaceCoyote

SpaceCoyote said:

Any insight as to why they continue to neglect the Wii U?

While the rewards may, in the grand scheme of things, be a small aspect, it continues to show the company's lack of support for the new system. It's been out a year, and this is just one more piece of evidence that there's really no incentive to invest in a Wii U at this point.

(And yes, I know you can play them in "Wii Mode," but why buy a Wii U just to use it as a Wii?)

alex167

alex167 said:

I´m waiting if Nintendo fixes that error because there are people with the same error, no just with Zelda but Metroid too, the coins are taken, the download ticket sent, but codes don´t work on Wii Shop Channel.

mystman12

mystman12 said:

You know, I think I'll try Dillon's Rolling Western. I've been really curious about that game for a while now, especially since it looks kind of similar to City Trial.

zeldafoursword

zeldafoursword said:

D: i only see cubello and dilon rolling western, and i really want a link to the past, does anyone else have this problem?

ungibbed

ungibbed said:

I already have most of the games Nintendo has put up in the games section for rewards. I do wish Sin & Punishment (N64) would make it into the mix. My last grab was the original Super Smash Bros.

After being spoiled with Brawl on the Wii, the original didn't age too well visually, but still remains fun after all these years and the only version to retain a intro via the game engine instead of a CGI video.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Club Nintendo? Ah, you mean that neat rewards program people outside South America get to participate in? Yeah, seems nice!

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

Well, I guess I can wait a day for LoZ:aLttP so they can work out the issues. But I am really looking forward to playing that again.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

You're welcome! :)

And I'm totally getting A Link to the Past, but Nintendo better figure out quickly what's up with the Download Tickets. I began a thread on their Tech Support Forum hoping to get an answer from someone there. Also sent out an email.

Mainer82

Mainer82 said:

When will they release A Link to the Past on Wii U? Yes, I could get it for free on Wii VC but I want to use to gamepad!

Mrclaycoat

Mrclaycoat said:

I highly recommend Dillons Rolling Western, I bought it a year ago and am still playing it from time to time, best E shop purchase I ever made. I'll get Zelda only because of it's inevitable release on the Wii U VC which I will then pay the extra $1.50.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Nice rewards for a change! Zelda will be mine well as soon as the current problem gets fixed as many are stating!

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

@Mainer82 Not to try getting your hopes up or anything, but with A Link Between Worlds on the way later, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw it on the Wii U eShop by the end of the month. Hopefully... fingers crossed

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

I prefer my SNES Zelda on SNES (Id think about it if it were a WiiU VC reward) already have Metroid (3DS Ambassador), Dillon (In April, to get its special note in Swapnote) and Cubello on Wii (Day 1 download), but since latest WiiU system update, Im getting WiiWare rewards for my WiiU... so Cubello for me this time.

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

Can't say that I'm not disappointed to see no Wii U games here. Would have been a good month to start with Wii U VC rewards as it is the 1 year anniversary of Wii U.

Sir_JBizzle

Sir_JBizzle said:

A Link to the Past for me! That way when they release it for the Wii U VC, I can upgrade it on the cheap! Besides, I've got over 2k coins to burn...

On a side note, I'm sure Nintendo fixed this, but I bought Pinball the other day, and they gave me a registration survey worth a cool 70 coins!

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

I didn't realize that Club Nintendo VC games were the deciding factor for the Wii U :O

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

@Mrclaycoat No biggie, I've grown used to it. Truth be told, most people here manage to get access to rewards such as digital games by simply changing their country settings. But alas, I'm way more interested in the Nintendo memorabilia they have available, which obviously take more than that to get (especially when you have to provide an address for them to be mailed to, heh).

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

A link to the past is currently unavailable..... that's what club nintendo says. I got Dillians Rolling Western. I already own Metroid and Cubella. Now I just need them to fix Zelda.

KillerGBH

KillerGBH said:

awesome reward link to the past :) , gonna play that while waiting Link Between World in 2weeks. only prob is i cant download link to past still bugged Q.Q

ikki5

ikki5 said:

Still nothing for me. Already got LLTP, I am just waiting for them to actually give Club Nintendo of NoA to give us something decent like it has for Europe.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

I've always liked Dillon's Rolling Western, and I liked it's sequel even more. They're not for the faint of heart though. They are LONG games, and they can be very stressful when the action heats up. Plus the final bosses in both games are awe-strikingly brutal.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

@Radbot42 I just noticed that... well, I hope they still honor the orders for it from Club members. I'll be happy getting my coins refunded, but still disappointed.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I might spend the coins to get ALttP on my Wii, which has no VC games on it since they've all been transferred to my Wii U.

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

Come on, Nintendo. Paper Mario, Super Mario 64, or Mario Kart 64 at least, please.

Anyways, nothing for me. A Link to the Past is excellent, but I already have it on my SNES. I also have Dillon's Rolling Western and Metroid, both which are decent at best, in my opinion.

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

As an Ambassador I already have Metroid.
I already have A Link to the Past on my Wii.
So, no, nothing for me this month...

GamerGleek47

GamerGleek47 said:

@ricklongo I know, right? I live in Argentina and I had to go to the US to get the Wii U. Its crazy expensive here and almost nobody sells it. Responding in English so everyone can understand lol :)

GamerGleek47

GamerGleek47 said:

Nobody ever answered me this, can I play A Link to the Past with the WiiMote? Or I need a Classic Controller? Please tell me!! :(

8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai said:

@GamerGleek47
You can use a GameCube or Classic Controller. But I really recommend avoiding the GameCube controller, since all of the buttons are in the wrong place for SNES games.

Williaint

Williaint said:

@Kaine_Morrison Yeah, me too.
I have to get LTTP! I have plenty of coins to splurge.
@GamerGleek47 Unless you used the Nunchuck combo, yeah... you'll need a classic controller. Other than the Original ones, they are pretty nice.
(It would be nice if Nintendo could add the Pro-controller, or Gpad support to the Wii games.)

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I will get Dillon, although I wish it was Sakura Samurai instead. But I will better wait if these codes are not working.

JustinH

JustinH said:

Getting Link to the Past and then paying $1.50 to upgrade on Wii U is tempting. I probably won't do it though.

Shane904

Shane904 said:

Debating on getting Dillon's Rolling Western... I'm a lefty, so I don't know how well I'd fare with it.

LttP is tempting as well... If it was 3DS I would have insta-bought it.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Nice week but I own them, Rolling Western is likely better at that price too over 9.99.

VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason said:

@alex167
If the problem isn't fixed, just directly call Nintendo's customer support. They're always friendly and helpful!
It's nice to see some good games on the CN rewards! For a while it was like the same games over and over, but this months and last months have been pretty good!
Also, All of my VC and wii shop purchases are still on my Wii (never transferred them) but I want to get A link to the past on Wii U instead of on my Wii. The problem is, I use Gamecube controllers to play VC on the Wii. I don't want to buy a horrible classic controller, so will the Wii U Pro controller register as a classic controller?

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Holy wacamole! One of the best months ever. Picking up both Rolling Western an ALttP. I needed to play it before Link Between Worlds and was already thinking on buying a new card for it.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

rjejr

rjejr said:

Will pick up Dillons Rollng Western cause it' s$10 and I have about 1600 coins. We may have to fight over who gets it though.

Thinking about Link and the $1.50 future update also.

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

Already downloaded Dillon for 200 coins! Been interested in that one for a long time, but with mixed reviews i couldnt justify paying $12 for an eshop game. Also i'd love to download LttP, so when it comes to the WiiU VC i can pay $1.50 to upgrade it instead of $8.

ColdingLight

ColdingLight said:

What the Hell Nintendo...I was looking forward to buying a Link to the Past and I can't....Why?...'Sigh'...Fix it!

hydeks

hydeks said:

A Link to the Past hands down, now Club Nintendo just needs to get that link to work so I can redeem it :-P

millarrp

millarrp said:

Too bad I've got all of these. Guess this means I can save up for next month. Hopefully there will be an equally good selection.

daveh30

daveh30 said:

@StephenYap3 All those games you have listed, and few other N64 games, have been Club Nintendo rewards in the past. You must've missed 'em.

ShockeyRai

ShockeyRai said:

I see Dillon's Rolling Western on there, I have been wanting to try out the game.

Darn it...I kinda wish i hadn't used my Coins to get The Legend Of Zelda (NES) for my 3DS last month now. lol.

Squid

Squid said:

Oh man. If I can get my Wii reconnected to the Internet I will definitely be getting ALtTP. If I can't get it to work then I'll just get Dillon's Rolling Western.

Uberchu

Uberchu said:

Will get ALttP when it hits 3DS VC.

And why does DRW still exists when DRW:TLR is out...

I thought they removed the original Freaky Forums when the Delux version came out after all...

solcross

solcross said:

I've been eyeing Dillon's Rolling Western for a while now, so I got that. Zelda isn't even showing up at all for me on the Rewards page, it's only on the front page.

SMW

SMW said:

I might get Dillon assuming I earn enough coins by December. I recently spent all but 60 of my coins on the DK posters.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I got Cubello last time it was a reward. It's pretty cool, though super confusing (for me at least) after the lengthy tutorial.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Oh this is awesome!! Definitely getting Dillon and might even snatch up all the rest that aren't Metroid!!

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Woah! I've been wanting to try Dillon but could never justify it without a demo first. Now I'm getting it for sure!

denpa-ben

denpa-ben said:

Zelda is back now, and seems like it's available to download. I'm hesitant to redeem my coins though... Has anyone actually been able to download the game yet?

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

I'm sure if they put it back up then its working. I already have it on my vWii channel so cant test myself.

denpa-ben

denpa-ben said:

Good news! I just tried it anyway, and it worked. Just finished downloading actually, so I'm going to play that now.

Windy

Windy said:

Its a great day to spend some points on Dillon's and Zelda! Are they trying to make nice for the swapnote fiasco? lol I'm still mad at ya but will take those. It does make me feel a little better

Holly

Holly said:

Metroid isn't getting a lot of love in that poll...which is really sad! I'm going to pretend it's because everyone has already downloaded it...

On a side note, for a moment I thought this article was referring to physical rewards, and I was really excited! Dang.

shaggyc

shaggyc said:

Yeah.. if a link to the past was on 3ds or was a wii u version I would... Not being able to play it on my gamepad is not enticing.

GamerGleek47

GamerGleek47 said:

Thanks everyone for the responses! I don't have a Classic Controller (they are impossible to get where I live). I think I'll go with Dillon's Rolling Western :)

AlmightyDerek

AlmightyDerek said:

Don't know why people go with the "I'm not getting it cause I already have it on the original console response". Hooking up old systems to HDTV's looks terrible. Even if you have an old CRT around it's still not convenient. Anyways I don't have any interest in Cubello and I already have all the rest of the rewards. Still a good week. Dillon's Rolling Western is really good and A Link To The Past is the best game ever made.

MideonNViscera

MideonNViscera said:

Everything they put up is something I already got for being an Ambassador or something I already bought. Or something I have zero interest in. It's getting tiresome.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

First of all, I agree with @AlmightyDerek.

Second of all, I just received a second confirmation email with a new download code for A Link to the Past. If you've been having problems, keep an eye out in your email for that new code.

alex167

alex167 said:

I haven't received anything yet, has anybody else who that issue received the replacement code?

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I've already got Metroid on both Wii and 3DS, and I'm not interested in any of the others.

I wish they'd pick more "forgotten gems" for this promotion, as there's still a lot of stuff on my digital backlog that I'd snatch up if they were offered.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

I have all these games. Metroid and Dillon couldn't hold my attention for long, but Cubello and Zelda are ingenious.

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

I'll be getting LTTP and Dillon for sure. Still thinking about Cubello. Already have Metroid from the Ambassador program.

luigifan2000

luigifan2000 said:

i recently found my gba version of link to the past so i dont need that. i would get metroid but i am short on portable stuff so i would get dillon but i spent all my coins on art academy first semester...

Austroid

Austroid said:

I already own the original Metroid since it was a bonus in Zero Mission. But what the hey, its a classic. I'll try and go through it without the debug code this time!

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Metroooiiiid. I has on GameCube, GBA, and 3DS. Haha. Nothing else to spend my coins, anyway, but... haha.

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

These kind of rewards make me sad that there is no Club Nintendo in Nordic Countries in Europe.

Thanks Bergsala AB and Nintendo for making parts of Europe second class citizens compared to some other European countries...

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Finally something to spend coins on lately! I bought two of those Pikmin 3 bags, blue 3DS XL charging cradle, and now got Dillon's Rolling Western finally. w00t!

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

well we got link to the past but in the wrong console -_- was so hoping for it on the 3ds so wth

ted-k

ted-k said:

Dillon's Rolling Western looks interesting but I think I'll pass because of the control scheme. I can't stand the circle pad + L button + stylus control style and I don't understand why they use it without giving other options. there should always be options to customize the controls

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

I want LttP really bad, but I don't have a classic controller right now, so that would be some more money id have to spend. Guess I will just wait for it to hit the Wii U, since Wii VC games have no Pro Controller support.

Windy

Windy said:

@Holly I bet that's it Holly since Metroid was a part of free games Nintendo gave away in the beginning

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Never did buy Dillon's Rolling Western...might have to look into that, maybe it'll make me get the second one, who knows, lol

soma

soma said:

I already have Zelda for GBA, but I'm tempted to get it again. I'm also interested in Dillon's but I think I'll get the sequel instead.

AtelierFan

AtelierFan said:

@Holly
I was thinking the same thing. Nintendolife gave the orginal a score that I thought was pretty low, maybe more people feel that way than I realize (for the record, the orginal Metroid is in my top 5, maybe even top 3 games ever). My vote for Zelda was simply about saving 800 points vs. 500 in the VC.