We have genuine fears for the health of some Pokémon fans; if the game doesn't arrive soon they may, as we've previously suggested, spontaneously combust. The Pokémon Company doesn't mind, however, as it continually feeds new information that makes many of us — even the uninitiated — want to play this game yesterday. The Pokémon X & Y releases are about a month away from their 12th October release, so we've got more hype to handle.
As is our now traditional routine, we cast our gaze to early scans of CoroCoro magazine (visible below), which typically trump official announcements. Serebii has once again done sterling work in bringing translated information to us, with this week's reveals including an image of Mega Mewtwo X, evolutions for the new starters Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie, and some new 'mon. Below are the details.
Middle starter evolutions
- Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Chespin's evolution. A pure Grass-type that knows the move Mud Shot.
- Teerunaa — Fennekin's evolution. A pure Fire-type that knows the move Psycho Cut.
- Gerogashira — Froakie's evolution. A pure Water-type that knows Bounce.
Two Fossil Pokémon
- Chigorasu. A Rock/Dragon T-Rex which has a new ability called 'Hard Jaw', which increases the attack power of biting moves and knows Crunch.
- Amarusu. A Rock/Ice Diplodocus which has a new ability called Freeze Skin, which turns Normal type moves into Ice-type moves and raises their power. It knows Aurora Beam.
Two other new Pokémon
- Torimian. A white dog that was seen in the recent Pokémon Direct and is a Normal-type. It has a new ability called Fur Coat which reduces Physical Damage. You can also customise its appearance.
- Nyaonikusu. A psychic-type cat which has male and female appearances. Moves vary by gender. The male is more of a supporter while the female is more of an attacker; the female knows Extrasensory and the male knows Miracle Eye. It has Keen Eye or Infiltrator.
Fairy Type chart
- Reportedly, Fairy is Super Effective on Fighting, Dark and Dragon and not effective on Fire, Poison or Steel. Is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. It is immune to Dragon.
Mega Evolutions - Mewtwo and Garchomp
- Each game has a named Mewtwo exclusive to that version. Mega Mewtwo X is a Psychic/Fighting-type and has the ability Steadfast. Mega Mewtwo Y is exclusive to Pokémon Y, no further details yet. They use the items Mewtwonite X & Mewtwonite Y to Mega Evolve.
- Mega Garchomp has the ability Sandforce
Change your hair and clothes at a Boutique and Salon, reflected in the graphics, with a famous actress called Karune. Team Flare has five scientists, Kuseroshiki, Momiji, Bara, Akebi, Corea.
As always thanks are due to Serebii, and names and details may be slightly different once The Pokémon Company makes its official announcements for the Western localisations. So, what do you think of these details and the images below?