User Profile

JubilifeRival

JubilifeRival

I am an ultimate PokeManiac!

Male, 15, United States

I have played every Pokemon game in and out, watched half of all the episodes in the show, have the manga, a bunch or cards, and figures. Other Nintendo franchises that I love include The Legend of Zelda and Mario.

Joined:
Thu 12th September, 2013

Recent Comments

JubilifeRival

#1

JubilifeRival commented on Take a Look at the New 'Green Blob' Pokémon:

Some Game Freak guy (forgot his name) in an interview around 6 months after XY said that for the next generation they would be going for simpler Pokemon designs. Could this be Gen 7? The new pokemon looks simple enough, considering it's dubbed "the green blob".

JubilifeRival

#5

JubilifeRival commented on Here Are Your Eight Qualifying Nintendo World ...:

Ahgggg, too much arguing. I think this is best settled with a little numbers.

According to edugamesresearch (link below), female gamers make up 40% of the spectrum, leaving 60% to male gamers. So, theoretically, out of the 6,000 competitors nationwide, 3,600 were male and 2,400 were female. Uh oh.... the world of gamers are sexist.....right?

This is where we come to the point of many people misunderstanding probability. If I flip a coin, one side male, one side female, the male side weighted more then the female side, 8 times, then the probability of it landing on male every time is pretty low, right? Well, actually, the number of times you flip the coin has no effect on the chances of landing the male side every time. And lets not forget, there are more male competitors then female competitors. Try it for yourself, even with an equally weighted coin. You'll find that it's not that hard to win heads or tails up to 8 times in a row, maybe even more. Aside from that, this coin I mentioned is weighted too.

Okay, I know, I know, this is just theoretical. There are other factors that come into play here, but I just thought I should throw that out there. But hey, numbers don't lie ;)

Link: http://edugamesresearch.com/blog/2008/07/23/esa-survey-malefemale-gamer-ratio-is-6040-average-age-is-35/

JubilifeRival

#19

JubilifeRival commented on Play 8-Bit Retro Squid Games While You Wait Fo...:

For all you whiners freaking out... The Splatoon amiibo will easily be in stock. As an amiibo collector I have experience with preorders, and there have been online preorders for the Splatoon amiibo for weeks now (contrary to Wave 4 amiibo selling out in 2-10 minutes). This is proof enough that Nintendo is making enough and also that they aren't in high demand. I expect they'll restock the Splatoon amiibo by August, in time for the big update. But I reccomend not waiting past July to buy Splatoon amiibo because they can only sit on shelves so long before being sold.

JubilifeRival

#34

JubilifeRival commented on Gallery: Nintendo Celebrates Women's History M...:

Two things:
The creator of Cpt. Toad said Toadette is neither male nor female.

And why isn't Lucina's mask off? If a person didn't know that Marth was Lucina, they would now. Either mask on with the name of Marth, or mask off with the name of Lucina.

On a different note, we can do what? What are they trying to say? Isn't the point "We already did it"? It's not a movement, it's remembering the movements that already happened. Like really

JubilifeRival

#46

JubilifeRival commented on Video: Feast Your Eyes on Another Slick Xenobl...:

Not a huge fan… if it looked better graphic-wise maybe I'd be convinced to pick it up. I feel like MM3D, this, and Monster Hunter 4 all look like they're from 2011. I'm a huge Zelda fan so I'll pick MM3D up, but I feel like I'm playing a dummed- down version of Ocarina of Time in Monster Hunter, which is really saying something.

JubilifeRival

#47

JubilifeRival commented on Feature: The Heartwarming Tale of a Missing 3D...:

Omg! That's so nice! One time, against my judgement, I brought my 3DS and all my games in a small bag out to dinner. When I arrived, I realized that they were missing! The only place I could've thought they went was when we stopped for gas. We drove back, and it was no where to be found. We visited a nearby store in hopes that someone turned it in. An employee on her break found it and returned it! I was so happy :) My 3DS and games are very special and invaluable to me.