Nintendo Direct: Watch The Wii U Direct Presentation Live

Posted by Damien McFerran

We'll be watching with you

Today's Nintendo Direct presentation has a special title which should leave no doubt as to what the subject matter is going to be.

"Wii U Direct" is going to be focused on new developments for Nintendo's newest home console, and will be hosted by Satoru Iwata himself.

Tune in at 2PM GMT / 9AM EST to watch the presentation. We'll be live-blogging events as usual.

Live Text - Updates will load here automatically, no need to refresh the page.

14:40

Ant: So, Wind Waker HD eh? Nice! Pretty good show from Iwata, lots of coverage and analysis on the way.

14:36

Thanks for watching!

14:34

14:33

New title from Xenoblade dev being shown now

14:33

14:32

Wind Waker Wii U releasing this fall

14:31

Zelda Wind Waker HD on Wii U!!!

14:31

14:30

14:29

14:28

Legend of Zelda Wii U!

14:27

New Yoshi game, spinning out of Kirby's Epic Yarn

14:21

Climax action!

14:21

Do we want to touch her? What?

14:21

Bayonetta 2 looks like its coming together nicely.

14:19

This game looks insane!

14:19

14:18

New footage of Wonderful 101!

14:18

It's alright Iwata, we forgive you.

14:17

Iwata is sorry for the lack of Wii U titles in Jan and Feb

14:16

Nintendo TVii coming to Europe as soon as possible

14:15

Web-based view to start with, but mobile apps are coming

14:15

Miiverse will be viewable on smartphones in Spring 2013

14:14

Miiverse filtering functions are on the way

14:14

Sounds like Nintendo has some pretty big ideas and plans for Miiverse

14:13

Wii Fit will also have Miiverse functions

14:12

Pikmin 3 will allow you to use the GamePad as a camera and share shots on Miiverse

14:11

Balloon Fight is available after this presentation

14:10

This Famciom campaign sounds great!

14:10

14:09

14:08

Prices will be the same as the Wii versions

14:08

Special prices for people who have already purchased games on the Wii VC

14:08

Wii U VC titles will be newly developed for the service, and will feature save states and can be played on the GamePad

14:08

14:07

Wii U Virtual Console service launches in Spring 2013

14:07

14:07

Updates will improve speed

14:06

Two Wii U system updates coming in Spring and Summer 2013!

14:05

Verified accounts can post links and embed videos - cool idea!

14:05

Verified Miiverse accounts, bit like how Twitter works

14:04

Ant: He's right, some of the drawings are amazing.

14:04

Daz: The way Iwata pronounces Ubisoft is so cute

14:04

14:03

Cool examples of how Miiverse connections players (and developers!)

14:02

Ron: Iwata sure knows how to wear a suit. Always looking good.

14:01

Iwata is kicking things off with a chat about Miiverse!

14:00

Daz: My body is ready. Amaze me Nintendo!

13:59

We have liftoff!

13:59

Ant: Traffic spiking on the site, bodies are certainly ready.

13:56

Ant: As long as it's made by EAD and not SEGA.

13:54

Damo: I demand F-Zero GX 2.

13:46

Tom: While VC and a couple of eShop games are my realistic expectations, I'd love Bayonetta 2-style teases of Holiday 2013's big hitters. Mario Kart seems likely this year, and possibly Retro's latest. I don't think Ninty will do that, but I like to dream.

13:42

Ant: someone just said Wind Waker HD, that's optimistic - but would be awesome!

13:38

Ant: wondering what we have in store today, should be a good one I think! Not expecting to many game reveals though - probably a mention of Resident Evil Revelations - hopefully something on what is happening with VC on Wii U. Excited.

13:23

Not long now! What are you expecting to see? Wii U Virtual Console, perhaps?

Big_L91

Big_L91 said:

good question. im watching because i have a wii u and want new games hahah all aboard the hype train! choo choo

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

What time is it? The feed says it starts UK 2pm/South Africa 3pm. But its 3:30 in SA right now.

biddenden_sue

biddenden_sue said:

I'm expecting them to roll out the Wii U Virtual Console, and for it to incorporate GameCube games. That's not jaw dropping though. I'd like to hear about something new and unexpected. A new service or channel would be good. It's a bit sparse at the mo.

zane

zane said:

Where can you watch it on the wii or wiiU? My pc is ooooooold! :P

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

My bet is on vc wii u but no gamecube! Further one unannounced game but just spare info and one wii u e shop thingy! That is all! Maybe pikmin 3 release date.

MAB

MAB said:

I already have 3 beers under my belt with another 5 to go ;)

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

After playing the Metal Gear Rising demo today, I couldnt help but think how suited it would be on Wii U with the wiimote/nunchuk control scheme....
just a random thought lol

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

10 minutes. I'm hoping to see what Retro has in store, but like others have said I kind of expect VC. Which isn't bad by any means, really!

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

Shoot. I had my times backwards for Central Standard Time! I was thinking 10am, but then I noticed you guys started saying it starts in "30 min" and it clicked that it starts at 8am here!

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

As much as I'd like some teasers on games in development, I'd really like a solid date for Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101! Really, is that too much to ask??

Karakato

Karakato said:

All I expect to see is Iwata-san holding out a guava and quoting Hamlet verses. That is all

TrickySx4

TrickySx4 said:

I'm on my Wii U. I think they switched to HTML5 , I watched the last direct here on my Wii U.

VeinZ

VeinZ said:

I want Saturn, Dreamcast and GCN games for VC. So many gems on Dreamcast and Saturn especially, that a lot of people missed out on. I think that impact could be big.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

You really expected them to offer transfers for free with all the new features? Come on guys...be reasonable.

FarukoSH

FarukoSH said:

I really dont like the idea of repurchase, but its 1 dollar and im pretty sure youll be able to play them on the WiiU Gamepad, thats enough for me

burninmylight

burninmylight said:

Think of the repurchase as paying a dollar to add the functionality of playing on the Gamepad screen.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

30p!!!! Wowowow! I have Balloon Fight and several others on 3DS, but 30p!!! Buybuybuy!

KingH3nrry

KingH3nrry said:

Will we be able to transfer our wii vc game save data to our wii u memory to use the save data in the wii u version of the game?

Chomposaur

Chomposaur said:

There making us pay again for the virtual console titles we have already purchased .. I knew it .. screw nintendo

rjejr

rjejr said:

Pikmin 3 - "planning to include" - is a future tense I'ld rather not hear. Hopefully a translation error.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

I thought Nintendo was gonna make people pay full price for re-buys... I'm honestly pleasantly surprised. You only need to pay 10-20%.

MegaWattsAdmin

MegaWatts said:

While the repurchase price is small, it just seems like an absurd idea. Give existing customers that supported your service on Wii by making them pay even more money to use it sufficiently on Wii U?

Chrno-x

Chrno-x said:

15 minutes have passed and what, where are those new "Wii U Games?" I honestly don't give a poo about again the same virtual consoles games from NES and SNES (and now even GBA games are coming to VS but not for 3DS but for Wii U? WTF?)

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

So far no confirmation of Game Cube titles. I'm glad the upgrade cost is only a dollar for NES titles. I will definitely be getting them as they release. (Good thing I transfered my Wii software library over to Wii-U).

CrissCross87

CrissCross87 said:

Hrmm, watching the american stream on a different site, but I wonder if the games shown in the videos will be the same

Bankai

Bankai said:

rjejr

rjejr said:

FivedigitLP - No, Reggie blows, but he's funny. Too early for the almight Iwata.

The 101 looks like the last season of Ninjago. I just finished Vanquish last night.
OK, Bayonetta 2, happy now.
No date? And the happiness fades.

Bankai

Bankai said:

This is the third time he has asked for us to be patient for information, translation is WE GOT NADA

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

Mario Kart U at E3 2013! Especially in playable form. That makes it worth it to me.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

I got tired of party games on the Wii, but honestly I've enjoyed Nintendo Land so much I might give that a try.

CrissCross87

CrissCross87 said:

We know Smash Bros exists... could say something obvious at least, like oh, "favorites like Mario and & Kirby will return! Please wait for more info tho!"

rjejr

rjejr said:

STOP THE PRESSES - Nintendo is working on new Kart, 3D Mario and Smash Bros. games.

Film at 11.

I mean E3.

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

@Chrno-x and @MultiMariosonic I know, seriously? Yeah it's great that they are coming but the GBA is a portable, you'd expect 3DS owners to get first dibs -.-...and if we even do get GBA on 3DS(aside from Ambassador ones), obviously we'll have to repurchase them yet again.

sigh At least the new reveals are making up for it slightly.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Yoshi's Epic Yarn?

Kirby's Epic Yarn is selling for $15. It was too easy and not very well received.

Oh well, at least it's new.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

They choose Wind Waker and not Majora's Mask huh? I'm starting to question that decision.

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

Wait...are we going to just be getting HD remakes of GC games now or something instead of GC VC? :/

@3DSLUIGI I'm pretty sure they are saving Majora's mask for 3DS.

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

@FiveDigitLP Yeah, unfortunately. I've been relying on the texts and posts mostly so far, haha. I'll rewatch it once things are over with.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

As much as I love Wind Waker, it appears they've killed the chances of HD Majora's Mask forever now :(

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

@Chriiis
I'm not saying The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker doesn't look good recreated on Wii U. It's just that I question the decision as to why they chose Wind Waker. IMO, A Link To The Past or something along the lines of Link's Awakening would have been a better surprise.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

that was really good! a few surprises. people might have been annoyed about the wii U V.C, but these game announcements made up for it.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

awesome, Yoshi games like little big planet, HD WIndwaker and new zelda in the works, and new Xenoblade (looks like i need to play the first one)

zane

zane said:

aaaaaaah xenosaga or new xenoblade cant wait aaaaaarggggghhhhh!!!!! AWESOME nintendodirect made it all worthwhile

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Wow... it sounds as though nintendo still needs to improve on the wii u some. Makes me really glad I'm waiting til june to pick my wii u up. By that point sounds as though alot will have been improved upon. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

Xenoblade sequel... It looks amazing... My jaw literally dropped...
Plus, Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Smash bros, Yoshi Land, Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Fire Emblem crossover.

This is going to be Nintendo's best E3 of all time. I mean it. This is perfect.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

OK, so I was basically right. They showed us stuff to help Wii U in the long term, but nothing to shore up the next two months. Showed a Mario sports-ish title. Showed Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3 with no release date.

Only surprise was awesome, the new Monolith Soft game. Would be nice to have this year, but don't see it.

So basically, we got Virtual Console tryouts to hold us over until March. But March we get lots of stuff. So Jan and Feb, people clean out your backlogs or go buy games you missed!

I rate this Nintendo Direct 6/10 - because we won't be getting that stuff for awhile. Though what in the world will they bother showing at E3?

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MY MIND IS BLOWN! Xenoblade SEQUEL! YES! My DREAM COME TRUE! Sequel to the single greatest game of all time! :D

rjejr

rjejr said:

Never played WindWaker, seems I'm in luck as the HD version looks good.

Still need to play Xenoblade Chronicles, guess the new game will give me he push I need.

Slow slow beginning, but it ended well. So job well done Nintendo.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

new Yoshi game, Wind Waker HD, Kart and Super Mario 3D announced, a Bayonetta 2 teaser, Wii Party, a Fire Emblem mix

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

I missed the part about VC and GBA games. Can anyone fill me in on what's going on about that?

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

Rebuying virtual console games for play on gamepad at a reduced price is the best thing that realistically could've happened. I'd rather just be able to play my old games on it at no cost, but $1 is not that bad of a deal to upgrade. It's better than paying full price again which I wouldn't have done.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

They didn't confirm it was a new mario party, just a new party game in the style of 'wii party' - but here's hoping!

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

@3DSLuigi They just announced that there's gonna be GBA titles on Wii U VC... that's it. No confirmation on whether you can only play it off the TV or prices or whatever.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Ohhhh, he had us there. He had us right by the kids and talked endlessly about stupid crap for sooooo long, then BAM! BOOM! BLAMMO!

"Different flavor", indeed. 8)

Peppy_Hare

Peppy_Hare said:

A nominal fee to repurchase VC games! Ridiculous! You're sacrificing the goodwill of your most loyal fans.

edhe

edhe said:

I was a bit unimpressed (wow... a new Mario & Mario Kart game? You don't say), but Wind Waker HD and a new epic MonolithSoft RPG rocked my socks off.

And I guess the Miiverse improvements are welcome too.

renaryuugufan92

renaryuugufan92 said:

i'm excited for wind waker HD cause i never owned the GCN original~

so, now the wait for E3 begins~
titles i'm excited for:
that new 3D mario game
mario kart
the next Zelda
super smash bros
that new yoshi game

but most of all, I'm excited to see the new Zelda games at E3~ >o<

rjejr

rjejr said:

@3DSLugi - They're redoing Windwaker probably b/c it' c ell shaded graphics are easy to update to HD, and as Iwata said - not a lot of people played it on Gamecube so it will be new to them. Makes sense to me.

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

@Bankai Sony does the cross platform savings because if they didn't nobody would have a Vita, instead they have "some" people with Vitas.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

For all people that complain, with what other console manufacturer do you have the president himself step out every few weeks and inform you about whats going on, whats going to come? None!

Kirk

Kirk said:

Best Nintendo Direct in...in fact, pretty much best Nintendo Direct ever!

I said from day one that Kirby's Epic Yarn, while a brilliant game in it's own right, would have made more sense as a Yoshi game (Yoshi's Epic Yarn), for multiple good reasons, and I am soooo happy to see Nintendo is actually making a Yoshi themed version of the game. As long as they don't change it too dramatically i.e, break it, and just add in all the Yoshi game specific aspects that would work so well in this type of game, I genuinely believe they could have one of thee very best platformers ever on their hands. Honestly. I am soooo excited for this game.

A little bit more info on Pikmin 3.

Great to hear there will be a playable, playable, versions of both the new Wii U Mario 3D and Mario Kart games at E3 too.

The HD update of Windwaker is a great little touch since I always thought that all that game really needed to truly shine would be smooth anti-aliased HD graphics and improved real-time dynamic lighting and shadows and then it would just about be perfect graphically. The rest of the game is solid as is and if they fix a few little fetch quests and make sailing a bit less empty at times then this will be a great addition to the Wii U's library.

A couple of casual games, that didn't take up too much time and indeed actually looked kinda interesting in some ways; such as the two player baseball game using only the Wii U GamePad.

A nice and indeed unexpected cross-over game, in Shin Megami Tensei + Fire Emblem.

That HD Xenoblade looking game is also going to be very popular among a large group of gamers and it was a great announcement to finish the presentation on.

This is how to do it right, Nintendo. No silly gimmicks, a nice lineup of high quality games, some of them even brand new and unknown to us hardcore gaming geeks. Some nice takes and updates on previous great games. Good details about how you are slowly but surely working on fixing all the little issues many gamers have expressed with the system and just improving the experience overall in general. No "Americanized" cheesiness and patronizing to the presentation either, or really cringe worthy demos of corporate goons trying to demonstrate their games in badly staged demos and just looking like tools. In fact, it was all good stuff.

Yes, Nintendo, you've finally done it in such a way that even I am happy with!

MarioKenny1992

MarioKenny1992 said:

can't wait for the 3D Mario and Mario Kart games :) the Yoshi game looks cute too, reminds me of Kirby's Epic Yarn :D

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

Xenoblade sequel? Congratulations, Nintendo, that's the system-seller I was looking for. Guess I've got something to save up for now :3

MAB

MAB said:

Good stuff ;) cannot argue with that line up... Now I'm off to troll the users from the other gaming thread in the WiiU forum. Peace ;)

erv

erv said:

Wind waker HD! HEAVEN CAN WAIT!

AND a xenoblade sequel?! oooooooo bring me the glory :)

AbeVigoda

AbeVigoda said:

I can only assume that at E3, Nintendo will also have to show us a little bit of the new Zelda Wii-U game, at least some images or character models in a video package. This E3 will be a huge one for Sony and Microsoft, so I wouldn't be suprised if Nintendo is holding their cards close to their chest and that the new Zelda game is further ahead in development than they let on.

edhe

edhe said:

Lol @ Bankai:

"That us a really weak showing by Nintendo. Nothing ready to show, nothing to announce."
27 Minutes Ago

Should have watched to the end, mate.

pntjr

pntjr said:

..............................................................................................................................
WHY NOW?!?!?!?!? WHY ANNOUNCE THESE NOW?!?!?!
CAN'T THEY WAIT FOR E3?!?!?!?!?
So much for this year being a good E3. They are announcing all the AAA titles now.

And another thing: WIND WAKER WII U?!?!?!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?! this means that Gamecube on Wii U VC might not happen.....

This was a great Nintendo Direct, but it was too great. It makes me less exited for this year's E3...

fluggy

fluggy said:

Yawn. Yoshis epic yarn appeals to me cause loved playing Kirby with my niece. Zelda Windwaker 'remake'??? ....pointless!!! In fact, the hd version seems to have lost all the character of the original. Fed up with remakes. Want to see a realistic 'new' Zelda like the hd teaser where Link fought the giant spider. Xenoblade looked good until those numbers continually flashed over screen. Hate stupid hit point games. Wish we could go back to plain old enemy energy bars. 101 looks like weird, quirky japanese nonsense. Still, Mario kart and a galaxy type game (where was the preview reel for these 2) might be enough to hang on for. . . il probably be blowing the dust off my wii u ..... 2 years from now.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

Shin mega tensi (pretty that is spelled wrong) X Fire Emblem. Pretty sure nobody expected that.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

Can't believe the new 3D Mario game will be playable at E3. It might even launch this year...

I guess for E3, we'll likely have Retro's project to look forward to. And while we know Mario/Mario Kart/SSBU will be shown, it'll still be nice.

Hokori

Hokori said:

@waltz how the heck is this a weak ND... And rebuying? Bad? Didn't YOU say
"hmm all these fanboys don't wanna support the companies they say they support, but when they do something to make money, your all against it" or something like that? Honestly I have no problem rebuying for only $1

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

@3DSLUIGI That Wind Waker comment was in general, makes me think we'll get HD GC at full price rather than GC VC now.

As for the Majora's Mask thing, I was saying I remember hearing possible plans of that on the 3DS a while back, but probably after an original 3DS Zelda title.

GBA VC was still disappointing, why have it on the Wii U when we haven't even gotten it on the 3DS yet(aside from ambassadors), especially seeing as it was a portable system? With no joint VC, if we even do get GBA on 3DS, we'll obviously have to pay for them separately and again.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

The more I think about Wind Waker on Wii U, the more I wonder if they could do an HD version remake of Super Mario Sunshine one day on Wii U also while waiting for the new Mario Wii U game? :/

Eien1239

Eien1239 said:

I'm glad they didn't show all their games. Holding the retro studio project must mean that's it's gonna be huge.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

That was bloody epic,so many surprises there.
Nintendo really does need to pull out the big guns this year,with the announcement of the new next gen consoles,but if they continue like this they'll be fine.

A Xenoblade sequel,and a Wind Waker remake,is enough to make me happy for a long while.

3dbrains

3dbrains said:

Wow, totally the best Nintendo Direct in a LONG TIME.
Very pleased F-Zero will be 30p :)
'X' looks awesome!
New Zelda! + old zelda remade! *crying tears of joy
Bayonetta2 looks ambitious and cool.
New 3D mario woohhoo!
New yoshi game... Meh...
MARIOKART U! =thank you (defo not buying sonic racing now)

I have a happy brain.

NImH

NImH said:

Too much... Much too much. I cannot possibly keep up with Nintendo this year. Well, i'm sure to maintain my Platinum CN status.
HD Windwaker... That was a welcome surprise! I can't wait to revisit it.
@Molotov I concur. Bippity Boppity, gimme the zoppity.

Mulder1617

Mulder1617 said:

So, in order to play a virtual console game from SNES or NES if you already bought it on Wii and want to play it on the gamepad then you have to pay to transfer it to the Wii U?!!! Forgive me if I misunderstood.

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

@tealovertoma I'd love to be able to play on both though, but as of now that won't be possible without paying double the $$, haha. It's also bizarre because we have barely been getting any Gameboy (Color) releases in the VC.

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited for new Yoshi! Is it true that a sequel to Wii Party was also announced?

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Lots of good things here!!!:
Updates for faster load times, improved Miiverse functions, Wii U VC, GBA on VC, Yoshi's Epic Yarn, 3D Mario, Mario Kart U, Smash Bros at E3, HD Wind Waker, new Zelda, Xenoblade sequel

What I don't like:
paying for Wii VC with Wii U functions (I know I'll end up paying it but I'm not happy about it), new Wii Party game (just give us the ultimate Mario Party 10 I've been wanting for years!), no chance of a HD Majora's Mask now, and waiting for all this awesome stuff!

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

For those wondering what they'll show at E3, that is no longer the big show. I expect Microsoft and Sony to make first reveals on next console NOT at E3. They all will flesh things out for the media at E3, but internet news stuff like this is going to be how all 3 announce stuff in 2013. Just be ready for it. E3 will be for the mainstream gamer that doesn't follow this stuff daily.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

@Mario_Party_Fan_999
Obviously I'd have been happier to download my VC games for free but I wasn't expecting that so I'm happy with the minimal cost. Honestly I don't think we could have realistically expected any better than that especially if each game truly does have to be recoded.

Nareva

Nareva said:

Some great reveals there. Looking forward to the rest of the year.

Regarding the GBA VC: putting this on Wii U is an interesting idea. The gamepad obviously makes gamboy games a no-brainer on the system. I think this also shows where Nintendo might be heading in their next hardware iteration. As they hinted previously, some kind of hybrid portable/home console. Should be interesting to see what they come up with.

Kirk

Kirk said:

SEE!

It IS possible to satiate even the most hardcore of gamers, Reggie and Iwata.

IF you just do it RIGHT.

This Nintendo Direct was how to do it RIGHT!

Turns out that contrary to popular belief and opinion, mainly from the guys n gals at IGN, I really ain't a hater.

Told ya!

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

GC HD Game!! Wind Waker HD announced!! They listened to the fans pleas!! They did a good Nintendo Direct!! Not just rehasshing stuff we already know!! yaay!

DePapier

DePapier said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! going crazy

I was just saying no to HD Wind Waker, and now I'm like one of the most excited about it... I'm such an hypocrite... But they're doing this explore how they could make the next Zelda on the Wii U and to get to know what to do so that's my excuse...

I'm just mind-blown. E3 DIRECT !!! (@MrWalkieTalkie)

Emaan

Emaan said:

Here I was thinking 2013 was all about the 3DS. Wow. Iwata. You proved me wrong. This really hyped me for what's to come with the Wii U. Best Nintendo Direct yet!

Lopezdm

Lopezdm said:

Umm.. not as much news as I expected but it's nice to finally hear something from Nintendo. It would be nice if they rolled out a game every week once set up so they can say that the software line up is growing steadily.

Cesco

Cesco said:

Quite disappointing. I'll have to pay again for the very same virtual console games I already purchased on the Wii U, about 20% for each game and if my console will eventually break I'll have to repurchase them again at full price on a new console. That's not really intriguing

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Wow, two Nintendo Directs in a row that were much better than every ND last year. AND IT`S STILL JANUARY!

hydeks

hydeks said:

wow, the Wii U is starting to look like a very worth while purchase, might have to rethink my thought lately on Nintendo :P

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

The VC Solution is a bit meh, having to pay for games again, just to play them on the gamepag alone is a bit...well, meh.
Wind waker is one of my least favorite Zelda titles, wich doesnt mean that its a bad game at all, say, if every other zelda is a 10/10, WW is an 8 in my book ;) But still very very awesome.
And HOLY Macarony Batman ! A (more or less) Xenoblade sequel O.o If its size will be compareable to its predecessor, its a bigger RPG bite than i can chew :D
I need to finish Xenoblade as fast as possible :P