Japanese Gamers Put Off by High Price of 3DS
Posted by James Newton
Are you the same?
3DS had a decent start in Japan but its sales have notably fallen behind the Monster Hunter-powered juggernaut that is the PSP. Japanese survey firm Goo Research quizzed over 1,000 Japanese citizens about why they haven't bought the console yet, with the most common reason simply being "it's too expensive".
Other reasons include being satisfied with existing DS and DSi consoles, concerns about eye-strain and nausea from the 3D screen and the lack of games available.
The complete top 20, as translated by Andriasang, reads like this:
1. Price is high/waiting for a price drop
2. Satisfied by DS/DSi
3. Worried about eye strain
4. Worried about getting sick from the screen
5. Few launch titles
6. Will buy once a game I want is released
7. Satisfied by cell phone and smartphone games
8. Satisfied by PSP
9. The battery is weak
10. It's heavy and I don't feel like carrying it with me
11. Can't play Game Boy Advance games
12. The color I want isn't available
13. Can't play Game Boy games
14. I'll save my money for NGP, thank you very much
15. Waiting for a version with a larger screen
16. Because you can't move your DSi Points over
17. The buttons layout looks hard to use
18. No Famicom/NES in the Virtual Console
19. The zoom view for DS games is hard on the eyes
20. Waiting until my friend buys it
If you haven't bought the 3DS yet, are any of these reasons to blame?