As most of you are aware, Club Nintendo's days are numbered. About a month ago, Nintendo announced that a new loyalty program would be replacing it later this year, with Club Nintendo set to shut down for good on 30th June. Shortly after the announcement was made, Nintendo made a plethora of new downloadable games and physical goods available, so the service could go out with a bang. Many of the new physical goods carried a high price tag, and while it may be that you can no longer register new games and products to earn coins, these physical items just became a whole lot more affordable.
Oddly enough, Nintendo chose not to make any sort of announcement about it, but the prices of all physical goods have been cut. Here's the full list of what the prices were and what they are now:
- Mario & Luigi Greeting Cards: 300/150 coins
- Nintendogs Greeting Cards: 300/150 coins
- 3DS Game Card Case: 2015 Edition: 400/300 coins
- 2016 Desktop Calendar: 400/300 coins
- 3DS XL Pouch: The Legend of Zelda: 600/300 coins
- Retro Mario T-Shirt: 700/350 coins
- Fierce Deity Link Jigsaw Puzzle: 800/400 coins
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Messenger Bag: 800/500 coins
Will this entice you to grab anything before it's gone? For those of you that paid top dollar for these things before the price drop, are you frustrated that you could've saved some of your coins? Share your thoughts in the comments below.