Pokémon Bank Goes Live in Europe and Australia

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Huzzah!

Update 2:

Nintendo of America hasn't, at the time of writing, issued any update regarding the arrival of Pokémon Bank in the region. The Pokémon Company, however, has posted the following tweet that vaguely promises the service for the region "soon".

Update:

The Pokémon Bank has also gone live in Australia, so this appears to be a PAL-wide release. With thanks to @chunky_droid — aka Brad Long.

Original Article:

For the second week in a row the Pokémon X & Y online services had extended maintenance early this week, and this time the final result has delivered what fans had been anticipating — Pokémon Bank has gone live on the 3DS eShop in Europe.

There's been no formal announcement from Nintendo as yet, but Serebii spotted it and posted an image, and we've now verified its presence on our own system. It's available to download for free now, and appears to be unchanged from the original software that was originally due on 26th December 2013.

• Access to 100 boxes that store 30 Pokémon each, with space for 3000 to be stored online.
  • Downloading the Bank gives free access to the linked app Poké Transporter, which allows you to transfer 'mon from Pokémon Black and White as well as Pokémon Black and White 2.
  • Anyone who downloads the Bank app between now and 14th March will receive a fee 30 day trial.
  • After the trial a full year of access will cost £4.49 / €4.99.
  • Those that access their Pokémon Bank Box by 30th September will receive the Mythical Pokémon Celebi as a free gift.

We'll keep an eye on the North American store in the coming hours to see whether it will launch later today in the region. In the meantime, how many of you in Europe are rushing to your 3DS right now?

[via serebii.net]

Related Games

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

Finally! Just in time of my B-day. Maybe I should start playing X and Y again, my poké-mood lost its momentum after Christmas.

SakuraHaruka

SakuraHaruka said:

It's the moment when the famous image macro of AZ y Pokemon Bank can be used, jiji

Well, waiting for North America release.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Man if I didn't have a assessed chemistry practical I would be on my way home right now but this is still awesome. :D

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

Finally....now please the NA version, so no one has to complain again, okay GameFreak?
(Don't even own Pokemon, but some people really started to get obnoxious :/)
Please watch the profanity — TBD

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'm gonna miss listening to everyone complain about Pokemon Bank all the time.
Hopefully it still takes a while longer to reach North America, so that can keep me entertained. :)

KTT

KTT said:

Oh. My. Arceus. Unfortunately I'm doing an interval shot atm. I hope this won't get removed (knowing my luck and how big N works, it is possible).

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Huh, out of nowhere. But is it really identical to the japanese version? If I remember correctly, the JP version doesn't require NNID's for login.
But the one thing I really wanna know is what delayed it until now? If above assumption is right, it was the implementation of NNID's. If not, I'm certainly curious about the reason(s).

... I just hope people will finally shut up when the NA release is through. More immaturity only gathered around Call of Duty MiiVerse and Console bashing...

mhoving

mhoving said:

I do have to admit that they released it earlier than I expected them to release it , but still... Finally!

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

I insist coming up with a "cloud" storage system for pokemon where pokemon are tied to your hardware is a stupid idea that shows everything that is wrong with Nitnendo

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

i have to agree you would think they release it for all 3 countries that are missing but nope US has to wait :| let i can transfer my other shinies plus the 2 boxes i just got these past few days >:D

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

@CrazyOtto That may or may not exist go look up january direct in the forums it will open your eyes to why speculation with no solid proof leads to disappointment.

Sethdarkus

Sethdarkus said:

I wonder just how long how long me and the rest of the U.S and Canada has to wait for Pokemon Bank to come to us.

Ich will wissen wie lange Nintendo erwartet alle von uns zu warten auf Pokémon Bank.

As a wise man once said "Die Hölle muss warten" meaning "The hell must wait" and it would seem it apples to even Nintendo.
For starters I am amazed people who are upset at Nintendo world wide about pokemon bank has not taken it up to their door steps. For starters if People were really mad at them they could of just went to the Nintendo in their Region and had a riot protesting them world wide but did that happen no so what is there to worry about it be here soon.

GalacticMario28

GalacticMario28 said:

Those of us in NA may not be getting it quite yet, but it looks like we won't have to wait too much longer. I've been eager to start my second playthrough of Pokémon X, but I've been waiting for Pokémon Bank so I don't lose the 400+ Pokémon I've collected; better late than never.

MysticX

MysticX said:

For once i'm happy that i live in Europe (All those games i had to import from the US back in the GBA and DS-days...), i'm sure NA will get pokébank soon, which by my reckoning should be next Tuesday at the latest, Nintendo understandably wants to spread out the "Imma transfer ma pokémon!"-surges to prevent mass server faceplants.

TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold said:

I imagine that the NA version will come out Th. with the rest of the new E-shop updates for the week.

Gioku

Gioku said:

Yay! This is good news for everywhere else, too; now it's very, very likely we'll have it soon, too! I'm so excited, I can't wait! It's almost time for me to start playing Pokémon again! :D

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

Hopefully it hits NA soon. Once it's out I plan on breeding some starters and sending them out over wonder trade.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Yay, a ray of hope for the day in NA. I haven't played my Pokemon X in a long while because I run of boxes; the bright side of that is, it give me more time to play my other games.

pariah164

pariah164 said:

US is never gonna get the Pokemon Bank... I hate NoA sometimes. Seriously, why do they hate us so much?

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

GUYS, relax.

Nintendo is just releasing it one region at a time to prevent any server failures.

Chomposaur

Chomposaur said:

Uh .. Is anybody else having problems transferring ledgendarys over ?

all of my event ledgendarys are legitimate for example

i bought black 1 on launch and registered my victini. According to GameFreak its hacked ... A few others too my mew and shaymin are a with them. but my darkrai arceus and genecect got through

jshcamisado

jshcamisado said:

Absolutely delighted that it is finally up but my goodness the process for transporting Pokémon is so tedious haha! It was all worthwhile when I saw Reshiram use Fusion Flare though. Glad that the wait is over!

FilmerNgameR

FilmerNgameR said:

I guess the NA release will have to be waited till Thursday, oh well better than nothing right! ;)

Shy_Guy

Shy_Guy said:

I'll be upset at Nintendo of America if it doesn't come,just like SMB3...

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike said:

I figured they'd be staggering the release dates to avoid server issues, now I just hope they don't make NA wait too long.

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

Being in NA Im not affected but this is still very good news. Hurray for patients!

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Now that I think about it, it make sense that they will release it in EU before NA. Europe sold less copies then N.America so the stress to the servers will be less by comparison. Also a good way to test it out.

Olmectron

Olmectron said:

For those getting the app already, I have a question:

Let's say you put up all of your Kalos Pokémon up in the Bank, then you erase your save file and start it all over again. Then you download some of your Kalos Pokémon from your past save file into the new one. How does the game treat those Pokémon? Are they marked as gotten from trading, so they get more experience points? Or are they treated as your own?

Thanks. I would try it myself right now, but I don't have an European 3DS.

ColdingLight

ColdingLight said:

..........Can we all agree on the fact that Nintendo of America sucks? Why the Hell isn't it out here in America yet??? Ughhhh WTF >_<

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

B-but...Australia is supposed to get everything last! You can't throw off the balance of the universe like this! There could be disastrous consequences! Flips table

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

Yet another thing that everyone else in the world is going to get months before Americans...

NOA, just because most of us 'Mericans are lazy doesn't mean you need to follow suit...

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike said:

@ColdingLight The entire reason Bank was delayed was because the servers couldn't handle the amount of people who wanted to download it (most of them probably only so they could transfer Pokemon). So it's probably to stagger the traffic.

Sionyn

Sionyn said:

696 Mega Bytes for 5 euros that a raw deal in comparison Amazon charge $0.03 per gigabyte 5-10 euro per month you can have a virtual server with alot of bandwidth gigs of storage a domain and a mailserver.

FritzFrapp

FritzFrapp said:

Pokemon Bank – cool, I suppose.
However, a POINT BLANK collection is unbearably overdue. What are you doing Namco? The Wii Remote is MADE for the game.
Sorry. Rant (and thread derail) over.

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

Poke transfer won't take any Pokemon traded from games before Bokemon B/W. I spent all last weekend transferring my Pokemon from Pearl to White 2 (a complete living Dex) and I can't send them to Pokemon Bank. :(

Squid

Squid said:

This article is fake, Australia never gets anything!

But seriously, I'm happy for Australian and European trainers out there. Hopefully it won't take another month for it to come here in NA.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Thanks for the 2nd update, now I can stop reading all the comments looking for it.

Doobie

Doobie said:

I bet we dont see PokeBank In North America for at least another week

DakotaM47

DakotaM47 said:

I don't know why NOA is holding off on this. eShop servers are FINE. They could've released it one week after the "eShop Christmas Crash of 2013" and servers would've been fine. Augh, I'll be mad if it doesn't come this Thursday.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

When is soon NOA!?!?!?!?!??!???!?!?!?!?!??! thought for sure it would be up by now in the Western Hemisphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

Another case of where NoA, the region that originally shaped Nintendo's international sales back in the NES days, is neglected again with priority to everywhere else in the world...

Just give me my SMB3 and I'll stop crying like a little babby. :(

OdnetninAges

OdnetninAges said:

Awesome! I'm glad that you guys finally got it.

Now all that's left is for us North Americans to get it.

LKhom

LKhom said:

Europe (And Australia) your one of the lucky ones.Tresure your Pokemon gift

Clavis

Clavis said:

Just saw on Twitter...

Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica 17m
.@Pokemon Bank has continued to roll out in certain locations. Stay tuned to our social channels for availability in your region.

It may happen tonight for us in the US!!!

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

To all the people asking if I'm serious, yes I am and I'm not happy. I can't even get my Jirachi that I got way back from Pokemon Channel, a perfectly legal Legendary off of my White 2 game. If anyone can prove me wrong or tell me what I'm doing wrong, please contact me ASAP.

dadajo

dadajo said:

Meanwhile in America...

Sigh...

This has been another exciting comment about how Pokebank has not been released here yet.
In all seriousness though this is good. This means the world wide release is coming soon. I am guessing it will come on Thursday or Friday in time for the new games on the eshop.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

I will assume that the bank will launch in NA on Thursday... No biggie, that's the normal update day for us anyways :)

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

@Trikeboy
Whoa, now thats a massive failure on their part if true. Whats the point if you can't transfer anything from before gen V?

I wonder if its intentional or not. Maybe the way previous gen Pokemon are marked causes them to raise a red flag or something.

tigermask

tigermask said:

Has anyone had the server lock them out? Pokemon Bank timed-out when it was logging in now it keeps telling me I'm locked out and should try again "later"... How much later Nintendo? I've already waited over a month!

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

"North American Trainers will be able to introduce their Pokemon to the Kalos region soon!"

Hmmm according to some people, Pokebank was cancelled.

Delay =/= cancelled. Anyway, it's good to hear. Can't wait till we Americans get it, which will probably be within the next few days.

the_truth

the_truth said:

This got buried very quickly with other news articles! That's a shame, because this is actually quite important.

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

I take back my complaints, I re-downloaded Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter and it works now. It must have been a glitchy download. Phew, I'm happy now.

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

I was waiting for this so I can transfer my X pokémon and put in BW pokémon so I can start a new game with those