Rayman Legends Challenge Mode Coming Exclusively To Wii U This April

Posted by Andy Green

And it's free, too

As we all know Rayman Legends has now been delayed until September to accommodate a now mutiplatform release.

To ease Wii U owners' pains, Ubisoft said it would be bringing a second demo to the Wii U eShop. However, it turns out that instead of a demo, it will be releasing the game's full online challenge mode for free in April - and it will be exclusive to the Wii U eShop.

In a video message on Facebook, Rayman Legends creative director Michel Ancel and senior game designer Michael Micholic addressed fans, with Micholic saying:

We just wanted to reach out and let you know how truly humbled we were by the outpouring of support from the community and fans about the announcement of the delay of Rayman Legends. It definitely hurt us to see you guys so upset by the delay.

In the video the developers showed off a bit of gameplay for the online challenge mode saying it will feature daily and weekly multiplayer challenges. It will support up to five players simultaneously, has online leaderboards and allows you to download ghosts for you to try and beat.

Finally, Ancel says the development team will use the extra time to add more characters, bosses, and even some new levels to the finished game.

What do you think to this news? Are you happy to be receiving this online challenge mode? Check out the video from the Ancel and Micholic below and let us know what you think.

[via facebook.com]

Jonny

Jonny said:

So they're giving us part of the game early to give even less incentive to buy the game? Fine by me.

Zach777

Zach777 said:

Is this online challenge mode going to be on the disc when it comes out in September anyway?

AhabSpampurse

AhabSpampurse said:

Its something, as far as I'm concerned the fact that they've actually listened and responded in a positive manner is great IMO. And it also sounds fairly substantial so it should keep us entertained for a while, and best of all... ITS FREE!

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

No release this month is still no buy (or any other game Ubisoft will ever release) from me.

Lan

Lan said:

This just in! They're delaying the challenge mode demo in order to port it to other consoles.

Placlu

Placlu said:

As one of the "I brought my WiiU for Rayman" people, I'm still pissed off. You flowered up ubisoft, and nobody will forget that. The game you produce better be perfect since you've delayed it over a year! (August > November > February > September!)

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Not sure what to think...

From a side I'm very glad to ear that finally the unfairness to WiiU players will be quite fixed. An online mode all for them to enjoy soon and the promess the waiting will add new level and bosses to the final game ^O^

On the other side however... Damn ubisoft... You needed your developpers covering your poor publisher's choices!!! That's sounds too wrong >_>;

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

"It definitely hurt us to see you guys so upset by the delay."

Then hurt more and give us our game, jerk.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

@Derpsandwich

Don't be a fool. That's Michel Ancel, the Lead dev on the game, he didn't make the decision and you're just being horrible to the wrong person.

@Placlu

Did you seriously just accuse them of delaying the game... from 3~4 months before the wii u launched, to launch?

If they are going to use this time to add some more stuff to the wii u version of the game, I guess I'm placated. I can accept that, while they could have released the Wii u game now (and I would have preferred it!) that they can make the game better by september.

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

@DerpSandwich Woah Woah.. Ancel and the development team actually demonstrated against the delay, it's not his fault, that's why I don't feel like boycotting the game either, the people that actually worked very hard on it aren't to blame for this stupid decision.

Big_L91

Big_L91 said:

hmmm im still going to get the game, after all its going to be unreal. and if this online challenge mode is truely wii u exclusive ( i kinda doubt it will be ). i reckon it will be worth the wait again, i was truely pissed about the delay but whatever im over it now, just looking forward to the new rayman :)

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

wow that's so cool

y'know I'm not even a rayman fan(although I did enjoy the demo), but when this comes out I'm gonna buy it just to give the dev and wii u some support

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

Really nice, but as some have said,this might have a heavy negative impact on sales later.

Nukarmer

Nukarmer said:

here's your difference between those who create games and those who sell them.

WiiULoveGBA

WiiULoveGBA said:

I love the effort Mr. Ancel and co have put into these new rayman games. I can see the loving craftwork and creativity they got in this at every turn. I've said it before, this download's for you Michel Ancel & Co!

Pixel-Perfect

Pixel-Perfect said:

Hmm... if it's truly exclusive that might not be so bad... but are you going to delay your other projects so you can port them to Wii U? Didn't think so.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

This game could by completely wiped off the face of the earth and i wouldn't shed a single man tear. We should be grateful that this isn't Pikmin 3 getting the 7 month delay! ;)

Peach64

Peach64 said:

@Waveboy Is that sarcasm? By the time Pikmin comes out, it will be a lot more than 7 months late since it was meant to be out at launch.

Big_L91

Big_L91 said:

@WaveBoy did you even play origins. IMO it even blows mario out the water in some places the tricky treasure levels and land of the livid dead was platforming perfection!!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

If they are going to utilise the delay to add even more to the game then I can now say I'm happy with that. It hurt to think Ubisoft were holding back a finished game but if they are going to add even more to make it an even better game it'll make the wait that much easier to handle.

The online mode looks like fun too, it's free & it's not a demo. Thanks heaps Ubisoft Montpellier, you've recovered Ubisoft's huge mistake to the best of your ability.

DePapier

DePapier said:

@Peach64 Launch window.

Well, it's free, and from the devs. An opportunity to have the game without buying it, and to hopefully chat a little with the devs on Miiverse.
As for putting my money on Rayman this September, HELL NO.

SuperCharlie78

SuperCharlie78 said:

Not bad, after all it is free.
The full game will remain on Gamestop's shelf (and any other retailers' of course) instead.

CliffordB

CliffordB said:

@drunkenmaster76
You took the words right out of my mouth.

This news gets a pathetic! MEH! from me, no more than an advanced demo, boring!!!!

I 100% will not be buying this game on the Wii U anymore, and have now cancelled my pre-order.

Lego City: Undercover, here I come....

The-Chosen-one

The-Chosen-one said:

you know, this makes up for the mistake, so we can actually play this game for free. till it comes out, no hard feelings, and to really make it up, bring all the other ubisoft game also on the wiiU.

arrmixer

arrmixer said:

Well this might convince me to get the game.. Lets see how this free sample turns out .)

Jollykarp

Jollykarp said:

This is a very nice gesture from the creators of the game, hopefully it appeases some of the apparent internet rage Ubi's decision has caused :/

I don't have a WiiU, but for everyone who does have one I'm actually a little envious. Download, and enjoy everyone!

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

...Well, that was unexpected. Good attempt at a save, Ubisoft. This also seems like a good way to gauge an install base and/or increase it.

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

I hope this works to fix the relationship between Ubi and Wii U owners. I'd hate to see this game flop due to a few stupid decisions by "men in ties."

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

Hey, that sounds good! :) Erm, this thing is, in fact, coming out on time, right?

SuperMinusWorld

SuperMinusWorld said:

This is nice, but the final game is just going to be a mess by the team it releases, giving us a demo and a challenge, then the final game... I feel so frigging bad for the devs...

carlocunanan

carlocunanan said:

The delay did not only hurt the fans but also the developers so it would make sense to NOT boycott the game... The developers worked really hard!

bahooney

bahooney said:

It's so so lame and truly disheartening to see how spoiled and ungrateful the lot of you are. They don't have to release this, they have NO obligation to do anything for us. They owe us nothing. It's a /video game!/ Jeeze, support the devs who actually MADE the game. It's not their fault. Buncha whiners.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

That's actually a pretty good save effort. I had expected another few levels, but a full game mode - with online no less - appears to be quite a goodwill gesture. It's enough to get me to drop my boycott stance, so whether I buy the game at launch is now down to what's competing with it.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@bahooney Wrong. This is like a sports team. The devs and game companies owe us everything. They don't put a good product out, we don't play it. Look at hockey, they went on strike, so they delayed the season. Pissed off their fans, now they are doing terribly. You have to take care of your customer. Ubicrap is doing a terrible job of this. Giving us free stuff is the least of what they do.

I'll try out this challenge mode, but the chances of me buying Legends didn't change due to this. The only way they are truly apologizing and is releasing Legends on Wii U before the other systems. Period.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

Frankly I'm bored with the whole Rayman debacle now. Why watch the DVD extras before the Film? They're extras for a reason. Works the same with Games. Although they don't 'owe us anything', they are competing in a market against other games, and I intend to spend my money elsewhere for a game for my nephew to play.

Lego City here we come!

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@Big L_91
Land of the Living Dead was pretty good I'll give you that, while it lasted at least. Yet it was the only REAL challenging part of the entire game. Overall, Origins nearly put me to sleep and i had to force myself to finish it((Only needed 34 more Lums) even though i wanted to just throw in the towel more than a few times. It's true innovation at least in terms of graphics is the amount of depth you get with the environment design visually speaking. It's breath taking if you have the PS3 version in 1080p. But i don't know, I just didn't really have much fun with it to be honest..

i hated the floaty controls, it lacked variety in terms of game design, the boss battles were a breeze, the hidden caged lums weren't well hidden AT ALL(lol)the enemy placements were drab and stationary a lot of the time to the point where it came off like a rythem based platformer, half of the soundtrack was just too experimental, stock & artsy fartsy ranging from forgettable latino & Paris inspired tunes which didn't exactly stand out, to soothing Alving & the chipunks sounding underwater garble garble. :p Some of it was very nice, but a large portion of it was pretty annoying at least i found. Klonoa, Super Paper Mario, Kirby's Epic Yarn and WLSI's soundtracks wipe the floor with Origins imo.

But yup, this is coming from somebody who absolutely loved the original 2D PS1 Rayman. :p That aside, I'm still going to give Legends a shot, because I'm open minded and rad like that.lol No really, I'm interested in how the gamepad/screen will be utilized which i'm sure will add that needed variey and spice up the gameplay.

And I'm not going to be bitter and NOT buy Legends just because it has gone multiplatform or has been delayed 7 months.
If I like it, I'll buy it.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@Obvious78
You my friend get a goku cookie. DBZ is the most epic cartoon series I've experienced. It doesn't get any more bad ass than Vegeta!
Hell, I was obsessed with it during my later tween years, and I still can't get enough of it. Bruce Faulconer's score is just legendary stuff, which i actually listen to every other day. Totaly off topic, I'm getting tired here, whatever.lol

Cranky

Cranky said:

Sounds like we get a more complete game eventually, good. I'm buying, game delays and business practices don't scare me :)

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

This is truly a great gift to make up to the Wii U fanbase, it's essentially a nice chunk of the game for free, and I'm quite disappointed with how ungrateful and immature some people are being over this, I had high hopes when Ubisoft announced this yesterday. It's too late for them to release the game itself now, bringing it to Microsoft requires a simultaneous release because of Microsoft's fanbase and canceling it from the 360 now would piss off even more people. This is probably not only the best option, it is incredibly generous. It's FREE, and it's not just a demo, it's a slice of the game.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Seems like the right thing to do. I'm sure the delay was a corporate decision, rather than the development team's. This explains why they feel sorry.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@ShadJV Totally agree. Take it people and run. This is way better then another demo.

Don't punish the devs for the company's decision. If you like and want the game then get it! If not then move on and continue to protest all ubi games!!

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

That's pretty cool.
And even though I'm still pissed about the delay, I find it much better that they are adding more content to the game so that we actually have a reason for the delay. Ubisoft isn't being such a d!*& any more, but they're still huge @$$es.(Note, not the dev team, the publisher)

IxnayontheCK

IxnayontheCK said:

The guys seem pretty sincere, espec since suits made the decision. I'll still be checking the game out because my wife n son are mental for Rayman.

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

I'll take it! You don't know what it's like to work that kind of business guys. Be careful before throwing judgements.
I think it's saying something good when they give something like this free to Wii U owners

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

This actually looks very cool! Thank you Mr. Ancel for being compassionate about the Wii U Gamers rather than the Ubisoft business department.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

the people saying "I hate u ubisoft" and "I'm not buying this" are kinda dumb. what could possibly be a valid reason for wanting a game at one point, and then not wanting it just because it's delayed? you people sicken me. smash bros brawl had an even bigger delay and people didn't complain. and now we're getting free compensation and you're still mad? I'll be getting this and the game day one for sure, regardless of you silly people

DimetriWarrior

DimetriWarrior said:

Why are people so ignorant? The developers and publishers are NOT the same. Apologize to Mr. Ancel right now for being mean and blaming him for something Ubisoft Montipellier did.

Andyjm

Andyjm said:

Hmm, we get the online Challenge Mode (probably with some reasonably generous play restrictions) exclusively early. Not exclusively. The extra time is being used to make new characters and levels - again not stated as exclusive to Wii U.

Lets face it, Ubisoft would more than likely prefer a release early unless it pays them in some way to delay. My thinking is Sony and Micro offered an incentive of some sort to delay.

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

That's fantastic! We'll get the entire challenge mode free, and Ancel will add some extra goodness to the game. That is some very excellent news. :D

JayRydah

JayRydah said:

Well my hat goes off to Mr.ancel n his team for taking a better approach to this and giving us something to say they know we are ticked off. I have no problems with the developers but Ubisoft on the other hand I still feel some hate towards them. If Ubisoft wants to make it up to wii u owners then give us upcoming big title releases. So to support the dev team I will download this.does seem like some fun.and I love the fact that it will be updated daily.

True_Hero

True_Hero said:

I'm very pleased with this. I now know that those extra months will be used to make the game even better, not to mention that we'll be getting the online challenge mode FREE! I don't know why some people are still so bent out of shape about this, but whatever. Thank you, Mr. Ancel. :)

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

I'm fine with this. The challenge mode was way more than I though we would get and its way better then a demo since there are new challenges being updated all the time. I'll definitely download this, and buy the game when it comes out, even though I still think the decision was stupid. I think the game will be even better by the time it comes out

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

It's great to know that the development team have more integrity then the big wig suits and ties that created this whole mess in the first place just to make (or lose) some extra cash. The CEOs at ubisoft are nothing compare to the ones at Nintendo, but the developers are ok in my book. Too bad I can't support one without the other.

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

I wouldn't be mad if the game had simply been delayed to add more development time. What i'm pissed about, and the reason i'm boycotting everything ubisoft does from here on, is that the game is FINISHED fir Wii U. The delay is simply so that they can port it to xbox and playstation. They won't release it on wii u first, and then the other systems later... Yet that's exactly what they do ALL THE TIME with their other AAA titles when they port them to nintendo consoles. I guarantee they wouldn't delay watch dogs or splinter cell on xbox just so they can have time to port it to wii u as well! It's a double standard and nintendo gamers are being shoved aside for no reason, and this online challenge mode, while a nice gesture, doesn't make up for the fact that we should be playing the COMPLETED full game on wii u next week.

OGGamer

OGGamer said:

I'm sorry but I just can't support this anti consumer attitude from companies like ubisoft . The game was done you should have released it . Now you release an extra mode of the game in April ? Why not release that NOW to appease customers .
Rayman legends will be the last thing on my mind come April as I will be neck deep in MHTU . For the individuals saying "you're dumb for not supporting ubi" or "thanks for the bone ubi" , you need to understand the message it sends to large corporations . That message is "here I am abuse me !!". Without our money they (ubisoft) can brought to their knees . Understand the power that you as a consumer can excercise .

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

Aside from a boycott of the game hurting the developers, it's also a really good way of telling Ubisoft that their games don't sell on Wii U and that they shouldn't bother releasing games for it at all. It's a lose-lose scenario.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

Some people here need to learn the difference between developers and publishers. These guys are the developers, they've been working their asses off getting us the game in time. I'm humbled by their reaction. The less said about the publishing side of Ubisoft, the better.

I think this is as good as it could get without actually changing the release date back.

Also, people: the online mode is not exclusive. The early release of it is, and so are some of the stages.

And yay, they're actually adding new content instead of just porting it over the next few months. I'll easily pick this over GTA (which won't be coming to Wii U anyway).

@OGGamer If Rayman doesn't sell enough, Ubisoft will put away the franchise for a while, and release 3 Assassin's Creed games per year instead. You don't bring companies like Ubisoft to their knees, just the actual creative franchises. No one buying the fantastic Red Steel 2 is leading to us not getting an awesome sequel. Awesome how we've brought them to their knees, right? No company's going to read anything into you not buying this game — they do, however, look at the outpouring of support for the developers.

@bizcuthammer Yes the game was finished, but the video clearly states they're adding new stages, bosses, characters. So Wii U gamers are actually getting something out of this delay.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

If you people want someone to blame, blame Microsoft. This whole mess is their fault for refusing to not have a simultaneous muliplatform launch and thus making us wait. Wish Ubisoft would just ditch those jerks, but that obviously wouldn't be a smart move.

SuperCharlie78

SuperCharlie78 said:

This is not the developers bringing this free stuff on their own, it is still Ubisoft doing that in the desperate try to calm down the fans.
And blame Microsoft for what?
Did they know this game would not go sold out being released for one console only?
If you are about to release a game in just 3 weeks, and suddenly change your mind like crazy, the only consequence as a customer is that there's no way I will buy this game, no matter what.

OGGamer

OGGamer said:

@tealovertoma I was speaking in general using rayman legends as an example . Do you really think that any company losing a large amount of money from consumers not buying their products will fail to take notice ? Who keeps them in business ? Unless they print their own money .
The developers seem like nice guys I wish them well . Oh and rayman as well as mario need to be shelved for awhile .

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

After February, my interest for this game will be moot. If UbiSoft don't want my money, that's their own problem. I'll just get this game used whenever it's in the bargain bin around 2014 or so.

Ryno

Ryno said:

I found the Xbox "RT" button pretty funny at 1:20 for this timed Wii U exclusive download.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

At least we got something. (Albeit, I would still prefer getting the game on the February target date, but at least the bigwigs were merciful enough to do this.)

I'll still be picking it up whenever it comes out. Can't let this lovingly talented team that made the game have their efforts go to waste.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

That's a big effort to keep Wii U owners happy from the developers after the publishers angered us.

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

Im not happy w/ Rayman being delayed but i am very impressed and happy to have been united w/ my fellow WiiU owners to voice our anger and frustration over this matter.

I also appreciate the entire Rayman dev team with their protest and of course now the new upcoming additional features to this good game.

Im not sure what im going to do come September...i dont want to hurt this great dev team but i also fo t want to support ubisofts decision.

But i am sure i will not download this new demo because honestly i dont want the scraps they're offering us

goldbricks23

goldbricks23 said:

I understand peoples hurt but not buying this game on Wii U will give them the excuse that there is no market for non-Nintendo games on Wii U and no point in releasing any other major games on the console.
If you really want to hurt Ubisoft never buy a game for theirs again (no matter the platform) however show them how passionate you are about Rayman Legends through actually buying the game and supporting the dev team behind it. Otherwise you may never see their talented work on Wii U (or 3DS) for while.

mogadon1

mogadon1 said:

The last demo allowed only 30 launches, there are bound to be limitations on this too. I have to ask will the compensatory characters be just on WIIU or on all platforms?

SonataAndante

SonataAndante said:

Free challenge mode and more content we wouldn't have gotten if it had been released on schedule? FINE BY ME. Ubisoft made a lot of people mad, but at least the dev team is trying to get something positive out of it. Good on them.

Farmboy74

Farmboy74 said:

As olive branches go, a free online challenge mode is a good start. Ubisoft have realised their mistake and are trying to make things up with the Nintendo audience

GazPlant

GazPlant said:

Nice save Ubi! Not a bad deal really for Wii U owners in the end, still not as good as the game but it's a positive step. Nice to see

stevenm

stevenm said:

its good ubisoft are doing something and it should please wii u owners as its FREE and ONLINE

Hamguar

Hamguar said:

Still not enough, Why are we accepting this paltry crumb at all? We would have gotten this from the full game anyway! Is it the best effort a software company has done to make amends? probably. But that doesn't mean squat when the fact of the matter is that we should have the FULL game! And I will not pander to them. I am the customer and they have to EARN my money! ANd yes they didn't have to do anything to make amends, but then again WE don't have to buy jack squat from them either. I truly hope that this stupid sense of self-entitlement companies have will finally be quashed.

OGGamer

OGGamer said:

@Hamguar Thank you exactly my point . Why should I feel like I'm being held prisoner ? I don't understand why people feel that if we protest by not buying this game in september "it could make them think that there is no audience on wii u and then ..." and then what ? We won't get anymore of their mediocre games ? They owe US the customer , we don't owe them anything . So this "buy our game or else we won't make anymore" attitude that people keep projecting onto ubisoft is uncalled for .

Rect_Pola

Rect_Pola said:

"how truly humbled we were by the outpouring of support "
Translation: there were pitchforks
"It definitely hurt us to see you guys so upset by the delay"
They got inside.

Well, I guess that's SOMETHING. Ubisoft will never admit they were playing hardball with Nintendo, but perhaps next time they'll keep the players in mind.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

@Rect_Pola The smart people were supporting the developers. And attacking the publishers. There is a difference, and these are the developers speaking.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

@TheKingOfTown Because Brawl's delay wasn't for an asinine reason. Rayman Legends was already delayed before, to 'refine it.' As far as I'm concerned, many were okay with that reason--just like Brawl. But delaying a completed Wii U game 7 months just to release it on other consoles, that's what we're 'butthurt' about. I couldn't give a toss that this game is no longer exclusive. I knew it was gonna happen since day one. It's holding back a completed game, it's enough to drop a heavy lourde on Ubisoft.

As for this challenge mode, I'll definitely get it. I still wish it was the full game, though.

swordx

swordx said:

I wasn't going to get the game, so this just means that I get free content to me.

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

@OGGamer First, how is Rayman mediocre?
Second, I think what people mean is that if a large game like Rayman isn't supported, there's the possibility that third party support could repeat itself. Granted I was mad about the delay, but when the people who weren't responsible are reaching out to appease the chaos, maybe its time to grow up and think "I don't owe them anything, and they don't owe me anything." So by us getting anything for FREE, we might as well take it as a win since no other system is getting the online mode until the game comes out(NOT A DEMO).

Nobody got super butthurt about past games that got delayed, eg. Pikmin, Wonderful 101. Yeah the delay of this game is to port it over to other consoles, even though its complete, is stupid. From what the developers are saying though, they are going to add more to the actual game so when it comes out we get more content. If they would've said that in the first place without emphasizing the "porting" part, I wouldn't have been as upset.

Rect_Pola

Rect_Pola said:

@tealovertoma I'm aware of that and that the developers are as much in the crossfire of whatever Ubisoft is playing as we are. My comments weren't directed at Ancel so much as using his words to make light of Ubisoft's situation in general that would require Ancel and his people to come out with a fix (or as close to a fix Ubisoft is going to greenlight).
Besides, as a subsidiary, I'm willing to bet this was on orders to make "this" go away.

SMW

SMW said:

You guys can argue all you want, I am hyped for this game and I am VERY excited about this news! Delays don't bother me much. Heck remember the days of Rare/Nintendo? Now those guys delayed games more than anyone!

DLC for free is a rare thing these days. This time its free to EVERYONE. Whether or not you plan on buying the game. This is truly awesome!

rayword45

rayword45 said:

@WaveBoy Glorified Flash games?

I seriously don't understand you at times. This isn't bashing, it's just me being confused at how you bash on games like Jett Rocket and Gunman Clive (some of the best budget titles around) and use the most generic titles possible as comparison (Mutant Mudds and SM3DL). And now you call Rayman Origins, one of the best platformers of the last generation, a glorified flash game when the 2D platformers you listed before are far inferior?

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@MagicEmperor
Don't feed the troll? Boy are you childish. I find it hilarious how some people bust out the guns (Or Pee Wee pistol in your case)because they can't stand to see one little itty bitty negative opinion about an experience they found amazing. Differen't strokes? I'm not trolling, i'm actually a little optomistic for Legends, i'm just saying that my experience with Origins was LESS than stellar. Big deal! I've been playing Platformers for years and years when Rayward45 was in his Diapers, and it takes a lot more that flashy graphics to win me over. Maybe it's partially because i'm getting older now and I'm getting a smidge tired of it all, I want to see some real innovation LIKE the innovation that was in Wario Land Shake it! with it's brilliant use of tilt controls which completely breathed new life and FUN into the side scroller genre.The Space Ship & Boxing Glove wheelie Mobile being the 2 main highlites that basically blew me away.

Yes, WLSI came out when motion controls outside of the Wii never exsisted, or when I-pads and I-phone touch screen/gyro controls weren't the norm. NSMB.Wii and Wario Land Shake it! trump Origins in possibly every single way(remember, just my opnion), mind you NSMB.Wii is incredibly generic with it's minimalistic boring rehashed visuals and sound. But at the core, the stage design during the later portion of the game became brilliant, as expected. Rayman Origins just didn't impress me with it's gameplay, nor did it dish out the fun factor that i was hoping for. I'm sure Donkey Kong Country Returns & A Boy & his Blob will rid me of that bad taste in my mouth that Origins Left me. And Based on what I've played of Return to Dreamland, it was much more enjoyable and charming than origins was.

I know I'm in the minority(Chrono Cross being the only other dude to most likely back me up.lol) in regards to how i feel about Origins, but so what? Our tastes are different from one another, that's what makes the gaming world interesting. ;)

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

(Sigh) If they R going to add more stuff then fine I guess. -_-
Gotta realize that the delay was not the developers fault.
The video was great. "WAY BETTER than the Nexflix's apology video" about the price increase. They seem legitimately sad about the outcry of the delay.
I guess I'll still get the game...but not on launch day I think. Yea.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Yes, watch the video if you haven't. This is good. I like this. It seems like a ton of the game play time will be given away for free, to be honest. Over time I think these guys may win back the fans.

Still a horrible move by Ubisoft to break them apart, but I guess they feel their hands are tied by the draconian limitations of the XBox platform. Devs should stand up to this crap come the new generation. Seriously.

Even though it still stings, I think I'll be playing more Rayman Legends this way in the end. Can't be all bad I guess. Also, with MiiVerse this could really get some attention and long drum up to the actual game release.

OGGamer

OGGamer said:

@WaveBoy Hey thanks for summing up the way I feel. So as a reply to @Shanksta and in answer to his question "what makes rayman mediocre ?" I will kindly refer him to the well put reply that you made to magicemperor . It seems obvious from certain comments the difference between those who have played platformers for several gaming generations and those that only played them for a generation or 2 .

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Well at least thats better than a demo. Still if they want to make it up to us they should just release the full game for the Wii U than release the Xbox and PS3 versions in September.

Sun

Sun said:

Give it or not, but don't give us pieces of it. You are spoiling the game before we have it in our hands with this 'Challenge mode'. Challenge modes come after Story mode.

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

I'll be trying out the challenge mode when it arrives and if the game gets good reviews, when it eventually shows up, i'll certinaly consider getting it. I think short of releasing the game, it's as good as anyone can expect.
I can understand people's frustration with Ubisoft over the delay of an apparently finished game, but i don't think boycotting their games is very helpful, if it turns out to be a great game and bombs on Wii U then it'll reduce chances of getting future games from them, and this in turn might put off other 3rd parties from publishing on Wii U.
Going back to Ubisoft, i know they put out a lot of shovelware [Imagine titles where the name usually ends in Z] but they also have some good properties and publish for some really talented developers. I would like to see a new Zombi U game, or further Assassins Creed installments and Watchdogs on Wii U and if these new titles can attract more Wii U owners then that's good in my book.

Sun

Sun said:

Yeah, I don't see the point in boycotting Rayman Legends. Unfortunately this is going to be one of the few new generation games we are going to see on Wii U, as most of developers seem to be ignoring Nintendo once again. But I think it's Nintendo fault for not releasing powerful enough systems lately and I'm not saying here Wii U is worse than PS360 but obviously is far from powerful. Once again.

Die2Distroy

Die2Distroy said:

Is it just me or does it seem like this site's member's are all feeling more positive about Rayman Legends now than on anywhere else, even on the Facebook page they are still bashing Ubisoft about the Online mode, they also don't seem to believe that they are adding more content to Rayman Legends.

All the negatives aside though, I feel that this is a much better offering than the demo, I was never going to boycott the game to begin with anyway, I wasn't even sure if they were going to add more content, atleast Ubisoft still respect their fans, just most people fail to see that.