Mario Kart 7 Update Available Now
Posted by James Newton
The exploit-fixing update for Mario Kart 7 is available now.
It patches up glaring shortcuts in the game's Wuhu Island Loop, Wuhu Mountain Loop and GBA Bowser Castle 1 courses. You won't be able to play online if you don't download the update, so hopefully this'll level the online playing field.
Here's how to update your game:
1) Make sure your 3DS is updated to the most recent system software. To do this, open up your System Settings, tap Other Settings then navigate to page four and select System Update.
2) After the update has finished, hold L or R from the Home Menu to open up 3DS Camera.
3) Tap the chequerboard icon in the bottom-left corner.
4) Align the frame with this QR code:
5) If the QR code doesn't work, simply open the eShop — the update should be the first icon on the bottom row. Failing that, search for "Mario Kart 7 Update data".
Now we can all go back to enjoying playing Mario Kart 7 online. Why not join one of the Nintendo Life Mario Kart 7 communities too?