Zelda Williams Will Be at E3 2014 "Doing Something Extra Special"

Posted by Jowi Meli

You know what that means...

Zelda Williams took to Twitter to report that she will be participating in E3 2014 this year "doing something extra special."

Nintendo fans know that Zelda Williams, the daughter of famous actor Robin Williams, participated in the Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary with some commercials for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and joined Zelda music fans for the first Symphony of the Goddesses concert at the Pantages Theatre.

It's possible that Williams is going to E3 to promote the new Legend of Zelda title for Wii U, or perhaps another classic Zelda title is getting the remake treatment. Either way, this could be some exciting stuff.

UPDATE: Zelda has responded to another Twitter user, adding to her initial statement "I'm going to guarantee you, it's not what you think..." We'll just have to wait and see!

Are you pumped to see Zelda Williams at E3? What do you think she'll be participating in at the big event? Give us a shout in the comments!

[via twitter.com]

Falchion

Falchion said:

I think an official title for the new Zelda with a teaser trailer maybe some gameplay for a 2015 release. But worst case senario, she will just be there for Hyrule Warriors...

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

The actual title of the new Zelda game is going to be "Zelda Williams" and she is going to announce it.

Dr_42o

Dr_42o said:

I just want to see her remove her Tunic! xD jk.. she looks too much like her father..

Zelda U = LoZ: Broken Sword

Falchion

Falchion said:

@HylianJowi It probably will be the next zelda, but i like to keep my hype level low for e3 so I am not dissapointed (like last year)

linkster55

linkster55 said:

The obvious reason for her presence definitely points towards ZeldaU, however considering her promotion for the older Zelda titles, I wouldnt be surprised if she was apart of anouncing the Majoras Mask 3D remake we keep hearing rumors about. Now that would be something extra special!

brewsky

brewsky said:

At first, I thought she was going to promote Zelda U, but because she said "it's not what you think", makes me believe even more so that it could be Majora's Mask 3D.

Zelda U is guaranteed to be shown this year. Majora's Mask 3D is still a toss up.

LexKitteh

LexKitteh said:

She's consistently said in interviews Majora's Mask is her favorite game.. And its been a while since A Link Between Worlds.. But am I crazy for hoping for 3 Zelda games at E3?? Lol

brewsky

brewsky said:

Then again, she could be doing something that is not at all Nintendo related.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

She said it's not what you think. So unless she's cosplaying as part of the reveal she's probably just going to enjoy herself lol.

Superiorspider

Superiorspider said:

She is going to fight Aonuma in a battle to the death. Winner gets to have Masahiro Sakurai's hand in holy matrimony.

Yomerodes

Yomerodes said:

Special guest challenger in the Smash tournament, maybe playing as Zelda.

Nothing more.

Henmii

Henmii said:

But WHAT was he thinking? Was he thinking Zelda U? If so, she's right! It will be all about Hyrule warriors!

Action51

Action51 said:

Cool.

Too bad her dad isn't coming to do stand up or something, but it's a nice little publicity thing.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

I remember a while back she specifically said she would LOVE to see Majora's Mask 3D. I was hoping she would be there for that until I saw the edit in the article...

AVahne

AVahne said:

"I'm going to guarantee you, it's not what you think..."

Probably gonna introduce the new Halo game.

Tysamu

Tysamu said:

She'll probably start playing the ocarina and it'll be Zelda's lullaby. Soon it'll crescendo to an orchestrated version of it. Then it turns into some reveal footage of the new main line zelda title.

noctowl

noctowl said:

Please be majoras mask remake so people will stop talking about it and I can forget about that terrible game just like after the first time I played it.

kensredemption

kensredemption said:

There's so much speculation and hype about this that I can't possibly predict what might happen. Loved those commercials and I've been a fan of Robin Williams for years. Zelda just might be a mocap actress for the next Zelda game, or something...maybe even voice her? ...Oh, wait, the last time Nintendo have one of their protagonists a fully-voiced role, it didn't pan out well with the fans. Then again, Team Ninja is infamous for reducing women into weak, vulnerable sex objects.

ToniK

ToniK said:

This could actually be something totally different. Don't know what though. I still don't think they will do MM remake. I don't think it would sell and "rumors" have only come from fans. Please just concentrate on new games Ninty.

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

Probably a guest host for the Smash Invitational…

The obvious one is something Zelda related so i figured id state another possibility

No-longer-postin

No-longer-postin said:

She's going to announce all of the new Zelda Games DRESSED as Princess Zelda!
Also, I didn't know about her until last year, and even then, it was a while before I found out who she is.
All I kept thinking is who is this girl and why does she matter?
It wasn't until the video on the 3DS with her and Robin where I knew who she was.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

It's not what you expect. She's promoting Xbox One's new Mork and Mindy racing game.

Dexter2015

Dexter2015 said:

Well we know Nintendo doesn't have a press event at the E3 but some pre recorded videos so she not will be there for Nintendo guys.... Maybe some Xbox or Sony game?!

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

TLOZ live action movie starring Zelda Williams as Zelda and Robin Williams as the king in their mission to find the hero of time.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

@Falchion I'd be really let down if it's only a teaser tbh. I mean..they said, that they were ready to show stuff last year and they have to be A LOT further into development by now. I think, we'll see a trailer together with the 'releases 2015' message, we'll see all over the place this year :D

Goginho

Goginho said:

I'm guessing MM, but that would make for at least 3 Zelda-related games for e3...which...is...awesome / unlikely :P

elstif

elstif said:

"It´s not what you think" So she´ll be doing voice-acting for Princess Zelda in the upcoming Zelda Wii U. (nobody expects that)
Of course she´ll dressing up with a Zelda costume to announce it

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

"t's possible that Williams is going to E3 to promote the new Legend of Zelda title for Wii U, or perhaps another classic Zelda title is getting the remake treatment."

@HylianJowi Or maybe both, if we're extra-lucky. ;)

outburst

outburst said:

I would love to see ocarina of time and majora's mask on Wii U. HD remake or VC.

outburst

outburst said:

@Dezzy
I know. It's jus a wishful thinking. :D I'm still holding on from buying it on Wii Shop VC and waiting for the Wii U VC.

I just hope majora's mask will get an HD remake instead of 3D :D

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

She'll be announcing the must have Wii U title this Christmas...

Princess Zelda xoxo Waluigi: My Boyfriend Keeps Stealing My Jewellery!
(ゼルダ姫XOXOワルイージ:私のボーイフレンドは私の宝石を盗む!)

Theober555

Theober555 said:

"it's not what you think..."

She's changed her name to Peach Williams and is going to announce Super Peach Sisters U starring Princess Peach and Daisy

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

PLEASE VOICE ACT AS ZELDA FOR ZELDA U PLEASEEEEEE her acting is phenomenal I would totally see her working as Zelda

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

She's going to make a special appearance in Majora's Mask 3D...

Or maybe that's she's single and that I can finally propose to her...

One can dream.

Stu13

Stu13 said:

I'm goin into hibernation until E3. Somebody please come rouse me when it starts, thanks.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

@AVahne Haha, yeah! I dunno, with the note that it's not what we're expecting (and we're all expecting that new entry in the main series on Wii U), maybe it's simply that the game itself will take a wholly different direction than previous titles. Or so I hope.

Sanqet

Sanqet said:

I'm looking forward to e3 this year not just for nintendo but sony and Microsoft as well with all consoles now out it is all about the games and all three have been quiet about games in development so this e3 should be good and hopefully nintendo will have a great line up and give the other two a run for there money

Zyph

Zyph said:

A full CG Zelda movie starring Zelda Williams as the voice for Zelda. :D

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

This is my last hope to see Majora's Mask remade before I officially give up (until next gen.)

@NintendoMonkey
Methinks he just doesn't know how to play the game, like most people who hated it after playing it for 10 minutes.

OneBagTravel

OneBagTravel said:

I think I'll only care if it's a sequel to Link Between Worlds. Either way she's a cool chick and so is her old man.

HappyHappyist

HappyHappyist said:

I knew it! Zelda Williams is going to be unlockable in Smash! I didn't care before, but now it's an instant buy!

DragonbornRito

DragonbornRito said:

I'm pretty sure Zelda Williams went on record saying her favorite Zelda game is Majora's Mask. MM3D is my gut feeling, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking at Zelda U either. MAYBE BOTH?! :D

Operative

Operative said:

You guys mentioning that she specifically asked for MM3D are now making me really excited. That's the one 3DS game that I want ever since OoT3D came out...

Imagine if this wasn't for Nintendo at all. What if she was promoting a Sony or MS game, that'd be like a betrayal of sorts, hah

Lobster

Lobster said:

It's not what we think, eh?

"And now, here's Zelda Williams to tell you all... the NA release date for Hyrule Warriors!" -hype train derails, everybody's heads explode-

CaptOlimar30

CaptOlimar30 said:

Now that she's told us that it's not what we think I really don't know what she might be up to but I'm hoping she's there because we'll finally have a The Legend of Zelda where we play as Zelda!

Shambo

Shambo said:

Majora's Mask 3D, Zelda U, or Hyrule Warriors? Anyway, I'm really expecting quite some bang from Nintendo, since they've already given away some rather big things recently... Boost the Wii U like you did the 3DS! Meaning: give us Zelda U, FE X SMT, X, Luigi's Mansion 3, surprises, surprises, and more surprises! Oh, and a Madworld sequel, No More Heroes 3,... And more surprises.

absuplendous

absuplendous said:

"And now, Nintendo will unveil some big Zelda news; but who better to make the announcement than Zelda herself? Ladies and gentleman, Zelda Williams!"

"Thank you, Reggie. Growing up, I've always enjoyed the Legend of Zelda games and was proud to have Princess Zelda as my namesake. But I was also always a bit disappointed that these games often relegated the titluar character--as powerful as she is--to a supporting or even background role. Today, I am proud and honored to announce that that's about to change. In Nintendo's upcoming The Legend of Zelda: ______ _______, Princess Zelda herself will be a playable character, along with Link."

That would be extra special and "not what [people] think." Hey, a guy can dream.

Omarsonic9

Omarsonic9 said:

Nintendo Kart.
Featuring, Zelda!
Haha, but I guess she's probably going to be there for the new Zelda title (hopefully).

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

What if she said "It's not what you think..." to take the obvious(her participating somehow in the Zelda Wii U announcement) out of our minds so that that wouldn't be what we're thinking. Then we would be thinking it's going to be something else and then when she announces Zelda Wii U then we won't be expecting it! :D I'm kidding about this whole thing...

darthllama

darthllama said:

Maybe she is going to apologize for how bad "The Crazy Ones" show starring her father was.

CainTrain

CainTrain said:

She's gonna voice Zelda in the first fully-voiced Zelda game. I'm calling it first.

ChuJelly

ChuJelly said:

But... Nintendo's big announcements are through Nintendo Direct, which is recorded separate from the E3 show floor itself. All she said was that she would be at E3, didn't even say who for. And since the E3 showing will be completely pre-recorded, this tweet means very little on if she is going to be used to reveal something Zelda-related, she'll just be at a booth or something. I wouldn't get my hopes far too high. For all we know, she might be revealing a game for another company, or hosting the Smash tournament thing or something.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@ChuJelly

Doubt it. She and her father are known Nintendo fans and supporters. She was named after Princess Zelda... that takes some serious fandom on her father's part.

Besides, press will be covering more than just stage presentations. E3 is a week long expo. The presentations are just a very, very small part of it. AND Nintendo is hosting 2 live presentations for separate games at E3 anyways. Point is, just because Nintendo is delivering a Digital Presentation, doesn't mean press can't and/or won't be covering Nintendo and it doesn't mean Nintendo won't be making any other reveals. Because clearly they are with the 2 game presentations.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

This chick is the most awesome female in the world. She was named after Zelda and her dad is Robin Williams. Nuff said.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

This news does not help my hype go up for the new zelda,I wont even care if she does shows up i went for the new zelda game not for her.

SuperMikey

SuperMikey said:

@ChuJelly True, but they did reveal the Wii Fit Trainer at the demo stations last year at E3 so maybe not something terrificly big but maybe something worth keeping an ear on.

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

AH! This "its not what you think" bit is killing me!
We all expect a new Wii U Zelda. Nintendo has been pretty blunt that they are going to show it this E3, so it's not that? or maybe her involvement isn't for that game specifically.
We all also expect a Majora's Mask remake, so that wouldn't be too much a surprise, so not that either??
Wayyy too early for another 3DS original, so that's the only unexpected thing i can think of?

Henmii

Henmii said:

@SamirMalik,

I never said something about voice-acting on this topic. I just meant that If she is there to promote a Zelda game, it will be Hyrule warriors.

Yeah, I heard about Hyrule warriors having no voice-acting. A pity, could have been cool. Well, maybe we get it sometime in a future Zelda.

Pod

Pod said:

She'll carry an enormous horned owl on stage and play the Zelda theme on an ocarina or some shit.

SamirMalik

SamirMalik said:

@Henmii Thats not what I meant. DW games are usually fully voiced. Maybe she's gonna announce that she's gonna announce that she's voicing Zelda/Sheik.

HappyMaskedGuy

HappyMaskedGuy said:

Smash Bros Tournament Host or guest player.

Don't get hyped for E3. I've made the same mistake every year for the past 5 years- Nintendo have perfected the art of dashing hopes and dreams at that event!