Nintendo of Europe Offers Free Game in "So Many Games!" Promotion

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Register three and get a fourth free

In recent months we've seen Nintendo — both in Europe and North America — offer the incentive of a free game for those registering a 3DS XL. Nintendo of Europe is now stepping up with an enticing new offer featuring a list of eight retail games (both current and to be released); it's very simple, if you register three of the eight games on your Club Nintendo account, you can pick any of the other eight as a free download code from the eShop.

The eight games in the promotion are below.

That's a rather terrific list of games and, to repeat, to get one free you have to register three from the list on your Club Nintendo account. Half of these games are yet to be released in Europe at the time of writing, and the first codes can only be claimed from 2pm UK time / 3pm Central Europe on 23rd April. Registration of games that are eligible must be completed by 11:59 on 30th June, while code claims for a free game must be made by 11:59 on 31st July. As with previous promotions, if your account has three eligible games registered, a promotional banner will appear at the top of the My Account page when you're logged in; you then select your game and will be emailed a code right away or, if it's yet to be released, shortly after it hits stores. As the code is emailed, the free game can be downloaded — just once, of course — on any 3DS device. Listed games already registered before now will be eligible for the promotion.

With some serious big-hitters on the list, especially Animal Crossing: New Leaf, this is an exciting offer. We recommend checking out the official "So Many Games!" website for all of the details, and we'll be keeping an eye out for any equivalent promotions in North America.

So, European 3DS owners, how many of you are going to take up this offer?

[via nintendo.co.uk]

FernandoMachado

FernandoMachado said:

That's an amazing promo! Hope it comes to North America.
I've got Luigi's Mansion and will deffo pick up Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. So that would mean free Castlevania or LEGO City for me :)

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

I'm all set. Will register them tomorrow and wait for my digital copy of Animal Crossing!

Thanks again Nintendo!

edhe

edhe said:

I have Fire Emblem, and I'd like Animal Crossing and maybe Luigi's Mansion. Unfortunately, I haven't really got my eye on any of the other games on the list, so, at the moment, I can't really justify spending £60+ on games for a free one.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

Very nice! I have Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem, and will definitely be getting Animal Crossing. I might buy Donkey Kong since its only £26 on ShopTo, and then get a download of AC for free.

GameLord08

GameLord08 said:

Couldn't have finally become an XL owner at a better time. :D

I already bought LM2 and MH3U plus two other games with my own money, so that leaves either AC:NL, DKCR:3D or FE:A as my interesting choices. Personally, I'm willing to spend money on all three at any point in time but I've been dying for Animal Crossing in particular for a long time now. I think I'm happy to claim that as my free bonus.

The rest can wait because OMG FREE ANIMAL CROSSING.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Hope it comes to America. I've got LMDM which I've not registered yet, and I'll probably get a couple 3DS games for my birthday so I'd love to take advantage of this if it comes over here.

edhe

edhe said:

Now, if I was lucky enough to win that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow competition, then I can buy Luigi's Mansion 2, and then claim my free Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

But that's highly unlikely... I'm right in thinking that Nintendolife hasn't declared the winners of that competition, aren't I?

Bazry

Bazry said:

Amazing, that's my Animal Crossing pre order cancelled then, I was actually debating whether or not to pay £10 extra just to have it installed on my 3DS. I have Luigi's Mansion 2 and plan to buy Fire Emblem, so i'll see what is the cheapest at the time when Animal Crossing comes out and buy that.

Moshugan

Moshugan said:

What a cunning plan to get us to buy your games. >:)
Haven't got any of the games yet.
Want: Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing. Not so sure about the others, although each are great games.

Late

Late said:

I already have Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm going to get Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Pokémon Mystery Dunegon: Gates to Infinity at one point or another. Guess I'll get one of them for free.

@Dambuster: Yes, since you can't register same game twice on Club Nintendo. I've tried before, couldn't register my brother's Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky since I had registered mine already.
EDIT: Looks like I'm wrong. Take a look at rjejr's post below.

Sakura

Sakura said:

Thanks Nintendo! Now if you would release a European special mii as well I'd love you forever.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

I think I can see how this will pan out for me.

I already have Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and loved it.
I need to try out the Fire Emblem demo still. If I like it, I might actually buy that.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is an absolute purchase for me.
With those three games, I will be eligible to get the Animal Crossing download code when it launches in Europe, awesome.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Late - you can set up a "Family" account under the main account and register 2 games and get 2 sets of coins (I'm in US). We did this for Mario Kart 7 and SM3DL. My wife and 2 kids each have a 3DS so I always put my oldest sons codes on my primary account and my youngest sons codes on my wife's account and they are all put together under the 1 family account. We have coins aplenty ;-)

Vallu

Vallu said:

I always buy my retail games from the eShop so I don't have any codes...

Doma

Doma said:

1 game too many for me. I already own FE, so only needing 2 would've got me to buy LM and take AC or DKC as the freebie (since my interest in those are low). Don't care about the rest.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@Doma I bet you'd love ACNL (Or just Animal Crossing in general). And DKCR is about as good as any platformer gets (that is if you want a really really hard platformer though DKCR 3D will have an easy mode as well). :)

edhe

edhe said:

@Vallu

They should actually be tied to your Club Nintendo account automatically - assuming your country has access.

Humphries90

Humphries90 said:

@Vallu If you've linked you're 3DS account to your Club Nintendo account, you still get them registered. As long as you fill in the survey online.

goldbricks23

goldbricks23 said:

Already have Luigi's Mansion and I'm planning to get Donkey Kong on release (never had the Wii version). I was interested in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate but was going to wait for a price drop. This promotion has pushed to consider getting it sooner now. And this in turn will allow a free download for Animal Crossing which I wasn't too sure was for me, but I'm willing to try it for free!

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

hope this comes to NA.....it probably will since we got the XL promotion like EU did. would be a great announcement at e3

Late

Late said:

@rjejr: I never noticed that option. I'll take a look at that when I register other games I have not yet registered.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

It's pretty weird timing. I understood the free game on January as the 3DS needed a boost, but lots of these games would have sold well without the offer.

Instead of getting £39.99 off me for a download of AC, they'll now get a portion of the £26.86 I'm spending on an Animal Crossing download AND a physical copy of Donkey Kong. That £26.86 also gets split between Nintendo, the retailer, manufacture and distribution etc.

Humphries90

Humphries90 said:

@Peach64 They're probably hoping people will go out and actually buy two or even all three games just to get the free one. It might even entice newcomers to buy a 3DS along with three of the games. If they can advertise this well enough, it could be great business for them.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

This had better work in Australia! I've got LM2, and am getting AC:NL and DKCR so the only problem I'll have is picking a freebie. (not too interested in the rest)

Morph

Morph said:

So i already registered luigi, vania and fire emblem when they came out does that mean i'm eligible?

Waann

Waann said:

Wow, amazing promotion!

I'm going to be eligible (I'm getting Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing), but I'm still not sure what my fourth game will be. I already have DKCR on the Wii, I've finished Mirror of Fate but it wasn't my own copy (so no registering), and I don't like the Lego games. That leaves MH3, which I've tried on the Wii but haven't really got into, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I guess I should give MH3 another chance. One thing's for sure, Animal Crossing is going to be the downloadable one.

@Morph Yes.

Kirbic

Kirbic said:

Got Luigi and am going to get Fire Emblem. I BADLY want Animal Crossing as well, but since it's the only retail game I've ever wanted to download, I'll let it be my freebie. Not sure what other game to get since they don't interest me too much on the whole...Donkey Kong comes the closest.

Might spread the word about this a lot where I am. I know lots of people that got Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem and are looking at Mystery Dungeon, but aren't on the Club Nintendo thing. A free retail game, especially out of this lot and with downloadable Animal Crossing being one of the options, is surely worth registering for.

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

There are really only 3 games on that list I want (Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing) but with this promo I will have to pick up another game. I was planing on getting AC as a downloaded game anyway so this is good news for me.

I think I will get Donkey Kong Country: Returns since I missed it for the Wii (was far too expensive for me to get it).

EDIT: Might put a reminder on my phone so I don't forget this.

Waann

Waann said:

For anyone who hasn't played DKCR yet, it's a great choice. It's very fun, challenging and well designed; I liked it better than NSMBW.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

A good deal except for the part about the free game being a digital purchase since I am only interested in these as retail physical copies.

Boukman

Boukman said:

I was planning on buying an XL anyway. I have Luigi and Fire Emblem and will buy Animal Crossing. I think I'll go for Monster Hunter. Sweet deal.

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

what? I haven not recieved free game from nintendo by buying 3ds xl last year. -.- time to contact nintendo

Squashie

Squashie said:

Wait... I have three of those games from the eShop! Free game for me! Which one...

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

@edhe That competition is long over (I know because I was one of the runner-up poster winners). I found it a bit odd that they didn't make an announcement for it as well.

Anyway, this is a great promotion! Already have Fire Emblem, I'm planning on getting Luigi's Mansion 2, but I don't know what to pick for my third game and my freebie... Probably between Pokemon, Monster Hunter and Donkey Kong. This is one of the best promotions I've ever seen!

Koapa

Koapa said:

Nintendo, I hate you for this promotion.
I have registered 3 games from the list, but not "after 23 april" !
So, If I don´t buy games before, I will got one for free.
:-(

Beta

Beta said:

What if I bought the AC special edition XL, would that still count?

MrPanic

MrPanic said:

Well, this certainly couldn't have come at a better time, got LM2 and MH3U already registered and there was no way I'm going to skip the DK port so that's a definite free game for me if I won't forget to claim it.

The question will be if I either want FE or AC, gonna be a hard choice.

Beta

Beta said:

Also, @Koapa my friend did the same thing but Nintendo confirmed (I think) that it doesn't matter if you already registered them.

MrPanic

MrPanic said:

Learn to read the terms guys.

@Beta: Yes
"To take part in the promotion, simply buy any three of the above games (as a boxed copy at retail, a Download Version from Nintendo eShop on a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL linked to your Club Nintendo account or as part of a Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo 3DS XL bundle pack)"

@Koapa: You'll still get the free game.
"To qualify for this promotion, any three of the eight eligible games must be registered since their respective release by 30 June 2013 (23:59)."

Koapa

Koapa said:

I will get a free game?! Great!
Thank you guys, you made me a better day.
And this one, was one of the worst ever.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I'll buy Luigi, Fire Emblem and Castlevania soon. I don't want Pokemon Mystery Dungeon neither Animal Crossing. That leaves me with Monster Hunter, DK and Lego. Since Lego is not what I hoped and I already have DK and MHTri for Wii...I'll get Ultimate because of all the new stuff.

Rei7

Rei7 said:

Oh man please come to NA. I already got 3 of the games listed..

Koapa

Koapa said:

I will decide after trying the Pokemon Mystery dungeon demo.
But I see it to Donkey Kong.

Dambuster

Dambuster said:

Just been to blockbuster, rented 2 of the titles, both had unused code in box. Now that is a deal.

Cesco

Cesco said:

Cool! I'll get Luigi Mansion 2, Fire Emblem and Donkey Kong Country Returns and I'll get Animal crossing for free!

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Okay, I swear I won't complain anymore about the weak star catalogue, these promotions are so amazing!

Nautical-Rudie

Nautical-Rudie said:

My heart sank for a second as I just registered a bunch of stuff last week, but I actually have none of those games! Only planning on picking up 2 of them but this promotion could persuade me to drop an extra 30 notes on something else

Romeo

Romeo said:

that’s obviously pretty awesome

i have luigi’s mansion 2, fire emblem: awakening (still have to register both of them), and donkey kong country returns is already pre ordered

the problem:
i’m not sure which one of those 5 remaining games to get

played monster hunter + castlevania demo’s and i didn’t like them
i have no interest in animal crossing, same goes for lego city
pokemon x already pre ordered.. no need for pokemon mystery dungeon : /

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Nooooooooo! I bought and downloaded luigis mansion 2 AND fire emblem on Friday 19th does this mean if I can't get a third to get a free game???????

pixelman

pixelman said:

Daaang, I hope this comes to America. I'd totes pick up LM2 or DKCR (I've got MH3U and FE) and get me some free Animal Crossing. :O

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

I'm glad I waited to buy Luigi's Mansion 2 and Castlevania. I'll probably also get Donkey Kong Country Returns. Now the question is which free game shall I go for? Monster Hunter, Pokemon or Fire Emblem? Choices, choices.

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

Doesn't matter when you bought or registered the eligible games so long as you've registered them before June 30th.

The 23rd of April is the date when you can start claiming your FREE game.

theJOE

theJOE said:

with the amount of free stuff i'm getting from nintendo, the 3DS pretty much pays for itself

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

Oh god...i cant decide...i really like havong boxed copys of my games, but who could turn down a free game ? And i already got plenty of games from the list (Monster Hunter, Luigis Mansion, Fire Emblem, Castlevania). I guess the wisest thing would be to wait for Animal Crossing, to have it around at all times.

heathenmagic

heathenmagic said:

Gotta love the big N for this and all the offers they do. Am mainly after FE, so might get 3 others so I can get that, and then DLC (if EU gets the same) will download automatically

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

Just bought FE:A yesterday, I'm getting MH3U for my birthday tomorrow and I was allready planning on DKCR3D in the summer! Free AC HERE I COME!

Nik-Davies

Nik-Davies said:

I have Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening and LEGO City Undercover. YAY FREE GAME... Now, which to get? Hmmm.

themac2001

themac2001 said:

Got Luigis Mansion 2, getting Fire Emblem after May exams and getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for b-day (19 July) SOOOO getting animal crossing

Waann

Waann said:

If anyone's interested in that, you can ask for a download version of a game you've already registered. I know it's a special case, but that's what I'm doing (I'm going to give a copy of AC to my sister). It says so in the FAQ.

Morph

Morph said:

Glad its open to to anyone no matter when the games were registered, hmmm animal crossing or monster hunter i think, im not a major fan of both but seeing as ive already got luigi, vania and fe and ive got dk pre ordered that only leaves me with 4 to pick from

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I just worked out if I spread the cost of my 3DS console and all my games out, then I've paid less than RRP of my games come to. I have 7 games, and the RRP is £39.99, that's £279.93, but I've only spent £255.84 on 7 games AND a 3DS XL.

For that price I've got

White 3DS XL

Mario Kart 7 (Digital) (Pre-installed on 3DS)
Super Mario 3D Land (Digital) (Free as part of a NOE promotion)
Kid Icarus Uprising (Physical)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (Physical)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (Physical)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Physical)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Digital) (Free as part of NOE promotion)

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

@MeowtOfHere Well if your get it before 30th of June (or regester it) because if your B-day is 19th of July and you get the game that day, then you won't be able to get your free game.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

Actually now that I think about it, I might not get Animal Crossing digitally because that would be the most prized game on my 3DS. If anything, my 3DS would get broken someday or even stolen and I can't recover it and I'd have to fork out £40 to get a physical copy. However, it's still the title that I'm eagerly wanting to play on my 3DS (and the reason I bought a 3DS too) out of the other 5 that I could get for free.

Doma

Doma said:

@Five-seveN The only AC i've played was GC. From what i can tell, very little has changed about the game since then despite having regular entries. I get why people like the game but, i doubt there'd be much incentive for me to play it without those cool hidden NES gems. It just gets boring after a short while.

DKCR is awesome indeed. My low interest is due to owning it already. Wish it was a new game.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@Doma Yeah, I wish they'd do a Diddy's Kong Quest Returns. DKC 2 was the best one in my opinion.

About AC though, I haven't played the GC version so I can't speak for it, but Wild World and City Folk were almost identical. This one looks like they've added quite a bit new however.

dudey300Staff

dudey300 said:

For me anyway, this is perfect. I've purchased Luigi's Mansion 2, will be picking up DKCR 3D with some birthday money, and after playing through the Fire Emblem: Awakening demo, I'm determined to make the game mine by the end of May.

This leaves me with the tough decision: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, or Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@dudey300 Tough one...I've heard Monster Hunter is pretty good and has a lot of replay value, but personally, I'd get ACNL and get the Wii U version of MH since it probably has better controls via the gamepad and online play (provided you have a Wii U).

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

@Hunter-D Thank Christ for that, thought I'd really missed out for a minute there. You could buy a download code for some of these games on Game's website for £32.99. Save yourself £7 a game them get donkey kong for free!!!!

dudey300Staff

dudey300 said:

@Five-seveN That makes more sense in fairness. I have MH3U for the Wii U, so I'd imagine I wouldn't be missing out too much. AC:NL it is! ;)

Peach64

Peach64 said:

@DESS-M-8 Well, not yet, but I have 2 of the games on this list, and have a 3rd one on pre-order (Donkey Kong), so I'll be claiming Animal Crossing as my free game as part of the offer :)

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

If this came to NA, I'd register LMDM, and I'd get ACNL and DKCR 3D both of which are $5 cheaper than most new 3DS games. Then I'd use the free code for Awakening since it's full priced. Strategy!

Perfectkill

Perfectkill said:

I dont have any games of them but I dont get it You get 3 of any of THOSE games or just any game? Also When is the deadline some one answer!!!

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Awesome! I already have Luigi's Mansion 2 and Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Animal Crossing is a no-question purchase. Now I just need to decide what to get.

Perfectkill

Perfectkill said:

I never even Signed up for club Nintendo because I lost my red card which had the pin. Would that make a difference?

Doma

Doma said:

@rayword45 But you guys already get cheaper games and stuff to actually spend your club points on. Don't be greedy, lol.

Perfectkill

Perfectkill said:

Sorry to be asking so much questions but when do I have to enter the codes When is the last day month????? Also read the 99th question and PWEEEEASSSSSS answer...

datamonkey

datamonkey said:

@Perfectkill - Register the games up until 30th June, download your free game by end of 31st July.

You would definitely need the red Club Nintendo card PIN to associate the game with your CN account. You don't need that to register at the Nintendo website though I don't think...

Seancy

Seancy said:

I have two copies of fire emblem. Would registering two fire emblems and one luigis mansion 2 count as three games?

iphys

iphys said:

Don't count on getting a Club Nintendo code with Castlevania LoS MoF. Despite being listed as a Club Nintendo retail title for NA, Konami didn't bother to include Club Nintendo PIN codes in the Canadian copies, and when I contacted them about it, they didn't even respond. Thanks, Konami, I'll remember not to get trolled by being foolish enough to buy your games again.

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

@Seancy Well it does say you must register 3 out of the 8 eligible titles. Therefore 2X FE & 1 LM is still only 2 games out of the 8.

Besides you can't register the same game twice.

Perfectkill

Perfectkill said:

thx 4 da ansers guys my final question is If I make an account by using Luigi's mansion 2 would I need to buy it again to enter or would it still be ok to use for the.. SO MANY GAMES promotion?

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

@Perfectkill Normally with these promotions they always just had the one game per promotion. So the 8 games shown above will not be used again in another future promotion.

123akis

123akis said:

THIS IS A SCAM... look at the website it says "under 16's" cant take part in the promotion... im 14, this is bullpoopy nintendo! i cant change the date of birth so i will create a new club nintendo account -_-

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

I already have two of those games and I have Animal Crossing: New Leaf pre-ordered, so I'd obviously love for NoA to offer us a similar deal.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

I already have 3 of those games (Castlevania, Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem) so I'll take a free Monster Hunter 3 download, as I already have the Wii U version and it'll allow me to transfer my game save and play it on the go. I'd much rather have physical copies of the other games I was intending to buy anyway.

I see what Nintendo are doing here....slowly but surely, they're convincing everybody to try retail downloads with the old 'carrot/stick' routine, and for the most part it seems to be a strategy that's working.....

EDIT: On the upside, judging by most people's comments....the physical release copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf I've got preodrered will be as rare as hen's teeth in the future :D

Yosher

Yosher said:

I will make use of this nicely. Already have Luigi's Mansion and Monster Hunter, and will pick up Fire Emblem soon (stocking shortages right now) and Pokémon soon. Already have Donkey Kong on my Wii, not really interested in Castlevania and Lego City all that much, so my choice goes to Animal Crossing on this one. It's one of the few games I can live with being a digital download instead of a cartridge game.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Just bought LM and FEA, and I'm definitely getting Animal Crossing. So now's hoping this comes to NA, I'd most likely claim Monster Hunter if it did.

Matthew94

Matthew94 said:

"As the code is emailed, the free game can be downloaded — just once, of course — on any 3DS device"

Excuse me? If I delete the game I cannot get it back? Is that correct?

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

I wish this was in NA. I have both a copy of Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon which I have yet to register and I'm getting Donkey Kong since I didn't play the Wii version.

That would've worked out well since Animal Crossing is probably the only 3DS retail title to date that I'd consider downloading.

firebowser

firebowser said:

guys i got a normal 3ds and i have not registare it on club nintendo but had made a acount from the eshop would i still be able to get this promotion?

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

@firebowser I wouldn't say if it mattered if your Club Nintendo account was tied too your 3ds (it would if you bought one of the 8 games as a downloaded game). Just register your 3 games to the site and you should get the code anyway.

If I am wrong then someone correct me.

GumbyX84

GumbyX84 said:

PLEASE let this come out in the states. I bought MH3U and Luigi's Mansion. I'd break down to buy Castlevania in a heartbeat if it would get me Animal Crossing for free.

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

Will this promotion make it to Australia? I know the other free game promotion didn't reach us, but there are four games on that list I intend to put onto my white 3DS XL anyway, so being able to save $69.95 by getting one of them for free would be a fantastic offer! Come on, Nintendo of Europe! Don't neglect us any longer! ^_^

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

a local store has a "buy two games, get one free" promotion this week so i can actually get two free games. sweet!

rdenton85

rdenton85 said:

I'd love to have Fire Emblem as a download. It will look very nice next to my download of Sacred Stones.

I guess that along with Animal Crossing, I'll be buying Castlevania and Luigi's Mansion pretty soon then :)

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

The end-date for redemption is mid-July means Nintendo are releasing Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing before then. I think mine will be Animal Crossing as it will be useful keeping it on the system, otherwise I'd be endlessly swapping cartridges!

Henmii

Henmii said:

That's a nice offer! I'll guess I'll make use of it too!

Let's see: I already have Luigi's mansion 2, and Castlevania and Fire emblem are on my list! I guess my free game will be DKC returns 3D! That way I can sample the extra levels for free!!

I should get a new SD card though! One with bigger capacity!

stefenjc

stefenjc said:

Its great that Animal Crossing: New Leaf will be a promotional game choice. But its kind of a bad idea to give that away for free when that is the most anticipated game that people are looking forward. It should be taken off the list so people would buy it instead getting it for free to create more profit to Nintendo. Its kind of a bad decision of Nintendo of Europe to give a away a game that hasn't even release, yet a game that will bring profit to Nintendo.

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Just downloaded castlevania for £32.99 from game as my third game ad bagged a free copy of donkey kong!!!
Free digital copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns.?? Has to be one of the best sentences ever. Not only that, I don't have to do anything now, Nintendo will automatically send me the code after release.

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

@stefenjc but if the offer encourages you to buy a third game you werent too sure about to get animal crossing for free, then the promotion has worked, Nintendo get the money for 3 games and give a fourth one for free, doesn't matter which game you tag as 'free' they have sold 3 titles for a specific 8, and encouraged a LOT or people to use the eShop in a big way. Very very clever promo

CheapMerc

CheapMerc said:

Wish Australia was part of Europe our club Nintendo store is a joke. Probably wont get this offer even though we are also PAL region. Least we get special colors normally. I really think Nintendo needs to treat world the same. Obviously Japan will get some stuff different but Europe, US and Australia. Is a bit silly at the moment.

AceTrainerBean

AceTrainerBean said:

I already have 2 games regrestered from the day they came out I have yet to regrester my MH3U 3DS game will I be eligible if I have games regrestered from before the offer started?

RD74

RD74 said:

@AceTrainerBean yes, you will automatically be notified with a banner on your Club Nintendo screen, you just click on it to pick ehat game you want. Picked my game today, but am still waiting on the code from Nintendo. Getting Luigi's Mansion for my little girl as I already own it and I will buy 3 of the other games anyways. So a new club Nintendo account gives me another free title for her! Bargain.

imalrightjack

imalrightjack said:

@RD74 Your code will be available if you go to your account now. Mine was there pretty much straight away but no emai received.

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

Looks pretty tempting. I already own Luigi's Mansion 2 and I'm hoping to get Animal Crossing when it comes out.

Might go ahead and pick up either Fire Emblem or Pokemon Mystery dungeon then and get the one I didn't pick free.

I'm lucky there's exactly four games in the line up that interest me a lot.

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

@Peach64 I think this is moreso them trying to push online and the eShop then trying to push the games. I'm sure they know those games would sell anyway....but they're aim is probably to put consumers attention to the eShop and downloading retail titles.

Wasn't there a report recently that said Europe's 3DS connection rate to the internet was the lowest of all regions?

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

Goddmait! I forgot to read Terms and conditions.. well i havent purchased the third game yet but even though I am 18+ and from Europe I am still not from eligible european country. I am so mad right now. Not getting free 3ds game after I purchased 3ds xl not being eligible for this either. -_-

SPUD

SPUD said:

still waiting for my so many games promotion code for animal crossing...................Can anyone tell me how long after a game has been released does the code get sent out?

bob-omb75

bob-omb75 said:

@SPUD Check your Nintendo Club account, my code for AC was shown there even though I still haven't received it by email.

SPUD

SPUD said:

@bob-omb75 Cheers, Thank you, that worked a treat got the code from myClub Nintendo account,
My friend code, if you want to add me is
Frank
0731-4800-0677

Funem

Funem said:

Over two days and haven't got a code yet by email, but if you login to the website it will be displayed at the top of the page as one of the revolving news articles.