Nintendo of Europe Announce WiiWare and DSiWare Plans for 2009

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

NoE has once again revealed a bunch of their upcoming downloadable games in advance.

Today, Nintendo of Europe held a press event for the announcement of a whole bunch of DSiWare and WiiWare titles. And it paid off - There's at least 37 WiiWare games left for the rest of the year, so it looks like we're going to get at least 2 every single week from now until 2010! DSiWare also has quite a hefty list, with 34 known games left for the year.

It also seems like WiiWare/DSiWare will start to get more licensed games from now on - The list includes games based on stuff like Miffy, Ben 10 and even Hell's Kitchen! Keep in mind that these are not all releases left for 2009 - There's even more stuff on the way as well. Our very own Thomas Bowskill was actually at the event, and he'll be writing a story about it later today.

Without further ado, here's Nintendo of Europe's mouthwatering two release lists. First, WiiWare:

Learning with the Pooyoos Episode 1 - Lexis Numerique - September

Art of Balance - Shin'en Multimedia - Q4 2009

Super Meat Boy - Team Meat - Q1 2010
B.C.Kid: BRINK OF EXTINCTION - Hudson Soft - Q1 2010
Bang Bang Racing - Playbox Games - Q1 2010
Castlevania ReBirth - Konami - Q1 2010
Where's Waldo - The Fantastic Journey - Ludia Inc. - Q1 2010

The DSiWare list is a touch less impressive, but still has quite a lot of games:

SUDOKU - EA - September

The Price is Right - Ludia Inc. - Q4 2009
Hell's Kitchen VS - Ludia Inc. - Q4 2009
Car Jack Streets - Tag Games - Q4 2009
Spaceball: Revolution - Virtual Toys - Q4 2009
VT Tennis 2010 - Virtual Toys - Q4 2009

Where's Waldo - The Fantastic Journey - Ludia Inc. - Q1 2010

A lot of nice surprises! How much do you plan on getting?

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

ReZon

ReZon said:

Castlevania for Q1 2010? Ouch! And no Electroplanktons either. I also expected to see Dragon Quest Wars on this list, since it was recently rated by OFLC, but alas, it isn't there. Maybe it'll be an unannounced surprise for all regions..

At least you have Cave Story "confirmed" for October!

FATEM

FATEM said:

Well no point whining about MFC then. At least there's still some good stuff coming out.

Link79

Link79 said:

Wait a minute. Just a while ago you guys said Castlevania rebirth was coming in Q3 of 2009. This list says Jan of 2010. Which is it?

Aviator

Aviator said:

My 3 favorites on that list are:

• Max and the Magic Marker
  • And Yet It Moves
  • Super Meat Boy
KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

"Nor Mighty Flip Champs, it seems. WayForward has still never released a game in Europe :p"

Bogus.
They've released a lot of games here, but most of them aren't noteworthy, like some Spongebob games, Wrestling, Barbie and other licenses. The only truly good game they've brought over the pond so far is Duck Amuck.

jhuhn

jhuhn said:

Strange that myNotebook wasn't announced by Nintendo of America yet, but it has for Europe.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

There seems to be some quality/potentially quality titles in those lists. It's going to be hard to save for all these games coming out!
Also, is that list in random order, or in the order they are coming out?

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I must second the query as to the location of LiT; ditto Mecho Wars and Squibs Arcade (which seems to have also disappeared from the NoE WiiWare page completely).

Blockout sounds interesting -- could it be the 3D tetris-like game from Technos? There's quite a lot of titles of interest there. Should be a lot of points spent by me through the end of the year!

Now will they do the same for the Virtual Console?

DSman59

DSman59 said:

Where's Thorium Wars, DSi Metronome, MFC? This was the only DSiWare I was looking forward to.:(
The Dracula game looked interesting, but nothing more. I would like to see more apps for DSi.

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

Someone call Corbie! Castle of Magic is coming, Castle of Magic is coming!!!

looks at list again

I'm going to be broke by Christmas. :(

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

I'm pretty sure that's not a complete list. For example, Monkey Island 4 and 5 is nowhere to be seen and we all know those games are coming out in November and December respectively... And we all know how well NoE's list for Q2 turned out... However, I do agree that LiT nonappearance is kinda disconcerting, someone should pester NoE about that... And also the name change of Night Game makes me cranky, I really liked the novelty of having a name like that.

Terra

Terra said:

DSiWare isn't that exciting by miles. WiiWare though, woah, that is something special. :)

We should be in for a good few months. Shame about LIT and MFC though, that's disappointing. And Castlevania for next year? Slightly disappointing but I don't mind too much.

Rum_Rapture

Rum_Rapture said:

Maybe LIT's not listed because it's out on Friday, and it would have made little sense to bother. Right? Maybe? Guys?

... :(

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

Damn, just checked out Castle of Magic and god dammit, it looks awesome... So why the hell can't Gameloft release games like THAT on WiiWare. Why do we have to make do with only shovelcrap from them... Seriously, I demand that they port that over to the WiiWare before too long, you hear me Gameloft?

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

It's true that NoA also announced a few DSiWare/WiiWare games, but they only announced a few and basically just lumped them together in the same list as upcoming Wii/DS games.

cr00mz

cr00mz said:

Lostwinds 2, la mulana and cave story. Awesomesauce, i still have to get LostWinds 1 though. And a bunch of other retail games are coming out the same months, Sigh

reborn

reborn said:

Wait.... Where's Pokémon Scrambble?? It can't be possible TT. I don't want to wait moreeeeee xD.

Reala

Reala said:

Even DSIware is getting a bit of variety, wont be rushing out to buy one anytime soon though, thankfully wiiware has a strong line up of games.

PhillaLoup

PhillaLoup said:

Sudoku 50! For Beginners - Hudson Soft
Sudoku 150! For Challengers - Hudson Soft
A Little Bit of... Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training Sudoku - Nintendo
SUDOKU - EA
SUDOKU Sensei - Hudson Soft
Simply Sudoku - Engine Software

... will there be sequels next years? :D imo EA chooses the coolest name ...

Omega

Omega said:

When will they release the 5 pending games for september? 3 WiiWare games a week?

Edit: And 13 titles for october and only 5 for november and december? Hmm, is this list really reliable?

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I noticed that the Domo game teased at E3 have been absent as well. I wonder when Nintendo plans on releasing them to DSi

I just counted 5 Poker and Sudoku game for Dsi Ware :P Please just stop we have enough

deadly_by_design

deadly_by_design said:

Caaaaaave Story. 'Bout time. Here's hoping NOA keeps pace or even releases it earlier.

The Worms title also interests me, but I haven't seen anything about it. I wonder how difficult the Ninja Rope is to use with a Wiimote...

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I wouldn't believe that list unreservedly. Remember what happened to Aptil-July list? Anyway, no Lit, MFC and Robocopalypse that where on the previous list!

Still, several there I'm interested in! DSiWare looks a bit uninteresting overall, but there is a lot there we don't have info on anyway.

Probably about 21 to 24 of those are on my radar or insta-download list. So I'm happy I guess!

Worms: Battle Islands - Team 17 - September

Combat of Giants: Dragons - Bronze Edition - Ubisoft - October
A Little Bit of Brain Training: Arts Edition - Nintendo - October
Quick Pick - Dancing Dots - Q4 2009
Simply Mahjong - Engine Software - Q4 2009
Reflection - Konami - Q4 2009
Spaceball: Revolution - Virtual Toys - Q4 2009

I need more info on some of the other games I don't know anything about as well

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

@Omega: Q4 is October/November/December as well, the months just haven't been decided yet.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

@Djungelurban
I was about to mention the Q2 list. I wonder how long people will remember and cite this provisional, media-only list for and then blame Nintendo for the fact Nicals takes a bit more than they estimate or whatever no-shows will happen.

That said, LiT has taken so long I'm nearly beyond caring. It was submitted and approved months ago.

Omega

Omega said:

@Drake: Thanks, I see.

According to the list they have many titles in the next time. For next Friday alone that must be two or three titles. But I guess there are still changes possible to that list. I can not believe that LiT doesn't appear before next year. And Rush? I'm sure they squeeze both in somewhere.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

The list doesn't include Magnetis which the Nintendo Channel lists for Friday so it's not complete (as if we didn't already know that THE LIST IS A LIE)

MattL

MattL said:

Jeepers, that's a lot of games! May have to get a third job to pay for some of these ;)

But seriously, I think I'm going to have a real backlog of WiiWare games to purchase by early next year. There are already too many retail games on my wish list.

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

WiiWare has a few good games.
DSiWare is soo disappointing. I was hoping for some Game & Watch games in time for Christmas :(

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Just read on the ONM forums that the makers of Lit have told them that the game should be released round about end of October (31st October) in the EU.

ONM Staff:

"Just checked with Lit's producer at WayForward. He says it's all done and should be out on, or close to, Halloween weekend (Oct 31st). He's going to confirm soon.

He's going to get back to me about Mighty Flip Champs in a bit..."

Lotice-Paladin

Lotice-Paladin said:

Eh? No future VC list? Glad to see the WW and DsiW list all the same but a VC list would help...or are they keeping it quiet so people don't get angry? :P

13 WW games in October. I guess that means many people will be happy in the Autumn as well.

Pyrodon

Pyrodon said:

Dang.... I wish there was a NoA release list.... I'm really looking forward to Bomberman Blitz and Pop Island. Does anyone know when those will be released in the U.S.?

When are you guys going to do a Scribblenauts review?

lockd

lockd said:

i seriously loled when i saw the where`s waldo game! where`s waldo is awesome

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

God damn! Why can't Nintendo of America do stuff like this instead of just standing there and saying "Well duh, we have 2 games coming out for the Wii!"

LucBernard

LucBernard said:

@Sean Aaron

Mecho Wars isn't planned for europe as of yet, I think Flying Tiger will put it out eventually once the american version is out.

Squibs Arcade doesn't suprise me, haven't heard from Alten8 since I moved to America, talking of which I should maybe get EC back one day

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Eh, the last list was one big bunch of broken promises, you're just as well off not getting a list.

AdamTierneyWF

AdamTierneyWF said:

LIT and MFC are both still headed to Europe, rest assured. We should be able to announce LIT's release date very soon, and it won't be far off.

maka

maka said:

Well... I'm glad that list is incomplete. I'm really looking forward to Rock'n'Roll Climber...

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Cave Story in October, eh? I hope that's at least somewhat close to when it gets released in NA...

colmtheperson

colmtheperson said:

So... Uno bomberman and worms in september? I doubt it somehow! If we get an update in 2 and a half hours I'll be impressed

imp2010

imp2010 said:

WiiWare and DsiWare have brought lot of new licensed games. The online capabilities of both Wii and Nintendo DSi are being pushed very much to the fore in 2010. free casino