The Club Nintendo Rewards Are Confirmed for April

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Classic Mario! Arty learning! Mario Golf! Trajectile!

It's been a whole month since the last update, so Club Nintendo in North America has confirmed the latest batch of downloadable treats that are available in exchange for your hard-earned and treasured coins.

This time we have two Virtual Console games available on Wii and Wii U, joined by two rather diverse DSiWare titles to be downloaded on 3DS systems. Check out your options below.

These titles will all be available until 11th May 2014, and you can check them out on the Club Nintendo site. It's worth remembering that Super Mario World is being listed as redeemable on the Wii U Virtual Console, while Mario Golf is available on Wii or Wii U via the Wii Shop.

Let us know if you plan to spend any of your hard-earned coins on these in the poll and comments section below.

Which Club Nintendo Reward will you pick up first? (285 votes)

Trajectile

Super Mario World

35%

Art Academy: First Semester

Mario Golf

19%

Nothing for me this time

38%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

AkinaChan

AkinaChan said:

If I don't have it already (I need to go check ^^; ) I shall download Mario Golf :3

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

Glad i waited to get Super Mario World. Saved $8. Maybe i can use that on a GBA VC game lol

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

Considering Mario Golf, though I was hoping another 3DS Virtual Console title would have made the cut this month.

EpicMegaman64

EpicMegaman64 said:

I wish we could get more eShop titles. The DSiWare is fine, but I feel like the 3DS selection is much higher quality.

Tops

Tops said:

Nothing for me. They really should have one VC game each month for the 3DS each month
Also, these are up until May 11. Is it just me, or does it seem like each 'month' is getting slightly longer each time? Maybe it balances out idk

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

Ugh, I've got Super Mario World on my Wii U already and I have Mario Golf for my N64, so I'm not really interested. Plus I'm not really into art games and the other one looks mediocre so I don't want those either. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait until next month... Again.

MixMasterMudkip

MixMasterMudkip said:

really?!?! I still need to get SMW on Wii U. I just wasted coins getting Yoshi last month, and I'm out now. I need to pick up some points fast/

wombatkidd

wombatkidd said:

Live the people complaining about the quality of free content.

Keep it classy, Nintendolife.

Mrclaycoat

Mrclaycoat said:

I'll take Super Mario World and Mario Gold as I don't have either on this console yet. About time I can spend some points.

daveh30

daveh30 said:

I already have Super Mario World, so Mario Golf it is! I'd like to see them bring the GC Mario Gold to the Wii U VC... loved that game, but this will do until the new 3DS Mario Golf game comes out!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I will be getting Super Mario World so I can beat it for the umpteenth time. It has been ages since I last played it, yet I still remember all the secret exits.

paburrows

paburrows said:

I was already planning of getting Super Mario World, and now I don't have to pay for it!

logan1215

logan1215 said:

I knew Mario Golf would make the list since World Tour is coming out soon, I think I'll get that this month

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

I got Mario Golf, now all I need is World Tour and I'll have every entry in the MG series so far.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

I'd love to see something like this for the PAL regions...too many stars and too little cool stuff (until they come up with the next special offer like the Luigi coin or that diorama ofc)

EpicMegaman64

EpicMegaman64 said:

@wombatkidd Well, it's just strange to see Nintendo pushing its DSiWare on this service when the primary system isn't supported, and they have a fantastic line of 3DS exclusives.

JLSniper

JLSniper said:

Am I the only one that noticed the amount of coins needed to buy games increased?

Yorumi

Yorumi said:

I'm actually kind of tempted by art academy. I've never had any real artistic ability but a few months ago I started learning blender(3d modeling) and enjoyed it. Figure it's free I might be able to learn to draw a little bit.

Cevan

Cevan said:

Looks like I'll be passing by the game rewards once again. I would've gotten SMW, however I bought that already a couple months ago.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom said:

I'd get mario world, but I spent all my coins on the Link between worlds poster set

ChuJelly

ChuJelly said:

Hmm... I'm kind of tempted to get one of these, but I'm always skeptical of using my coins on things in case something huge comes by. ESPECIALLY so close to a Direct! Guess I'll just wait until the end of the month and make my decision then. Hopefully I'll remember ;)

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Wow, very nice offering with Super Mario World Wii U VC download. Very nice indeed. I'm sure many have already made the purchase, such as myself, but for any who have yet to buy the game I'm sure they are quite pleased with this one....

K-Gamer

K-Gamer said:

Wow, finally a good month. (At least for the Home consoles) Will get SMW as I already have Mario Golf.

AJSjedi

AJSjedi said:

I thinks it's way past time to completely phase out wii and completely transition everything to wiiu

Kodeen

Kodeen said:

@JLSniper

No, you are right. One of the extremely nerdy things I do is compare the cost of the game to the coin value, to determine if one is a better value (for if they have 2 games I want). For this round both games come out at ¢4 per coin, which is comparatively poor. They've gone as good as ¢5.3 per coin before.

kingston589

kingston589 said:

Im getting all except smw (already have) but after the direct incase they release something new.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

if I still had coins, I'd go for Mario golf but I spent them on the great stuff that came out earlier such as those DS cases. I love those so much :) Got the Zelda one for me and the AC one for my GF :)

RR529

RR529 said:

There are some good choices this time, but nothing for me personally, unfortunately.

SMW would have been a definite pick up, but as it's Wii U only, it leaves me out. Mario Golf would be my second pick, but I don't have enough coins for it. The two DSiWare titles just aren't grabbing my attention either.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Trajectile for me! I've had my eye on it since I got Starship Defense from Club Nintendo.

It would be nice if Nintendo enriched their monthly lineup a little bit though. Maybe an NES, SNES, GBA (once more of these are available), DSiware, and 3DS game each month.

R_Champ

R_Champ said:

@JaxonH

I'm definitely pleased. I didn't buy it when it was first released because I've already beaten it a million times and I'm poor (so poor T_T), but you can't beat free so it's a 100% grab for me just to have it on my Wii U.

I'm also thinking about Art Academy because I love the Wii U version.

JCnator

JCnator said:

I used to own Mario Golf on my N64 since a decade or so and then lost the system and most of my games. Given that I haven't already downloaded that game, I decided to pick it up from Club Nintendo.

I already have Super Mario World on my Wii U, and the other two games didn't caught my interest.

Booboos35

Booboos35 said:

I already have SMW on Wii U VC and SNES and I have Mario Golf Toadstool Tour on Gamecube, so nothing this month for me :( I'm really really hoping next month they release some Mario Kart posters. I'd buy those no matter how many coins they cost.

Action51

Action51 said:

Oh yeah! Just got me some Super Mario World on the U baby!

A very nice treat at the end of an otherwise gloomy, rainy, crappy day at work!

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

Already have Super Mario World (bought that on the first day of having the Wii U) and I have little interest in most N64 games. 3D graphics from that era was great when they happened, but in my opinion they have not aged as well as the 2D graphics from the NES/SNES (GBA even) eras.

paul1983190

paul1983190 said:

man the games they keep giving for the 3ds stink. Most of the reward are nothing i would play. I think that they don't put great stuff on their is because they don't have alot to stuff up like the vc for the wiiu. I notice that the stuff that they have for the wiiu are stuff i would play.

also why do the amount of days theses are upkeep being more than a month.

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

I'd only get Mario Golf or Super Mario World if cross-platform play is implemented and I am able to play it on my 3DS with no extra charge.

shane1228

shane1228 said:

Wow! Two awesome games for the WiiU and here I have yet to see anything even remotely worth spending my coins on for the 3DS.

KeithTheGeek

KeithTheGeek said:

Had enough spare coins for SMW (after doing some of those surveys I'm not good at keeping up with...) so went ahead and got that. Still have it on the SNES, but at the moment I don't have access to a working SNES, so you know...

Alpha2797

Alpha2797 said:

I wish the Wii U had N64 virtual console. I'd like to get Mario Golf but it's Wii only! I am very sad, I love the Mario Golf games :(

EDIT: I don't have a classic controller so I can't play it on Wii Mode on the Wii U so it's "no buy with coins" for me.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Darn it! I just bought Trajectile as part of a DSiWare shopping spree before they stop getting post-play surveys on Club Nintendo.

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

Wow I can't believe that there is something actually worth picking up on the monthly rewards. I'll definitely pick up SMW since I don't have it.

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

the Wii U rewards are good but I don't have one, the 3DS options are dissapointing nothing for me again

WiiChuck103

WiiChuck103 said:

Really?! I just bought Super Mario World last month, and I can't get Mario Golf because I have no classic controller.

Sonic1994CD

Sonic1994CD said:

Really Super Mario World is the most wanted? I bought this game when it came out on the Wii Virtual Console.

shigulicious

shigulicious said:

Super Mario world on WiiU ! I'm so glad I patiently waited for this to show up on the club Nintendo rewards. I've beatin the game 100% a few time but off TV gamepad play is pure win. Thank you Nintendo!

mrchills

mrchills said:

ive never done anything with these "coins", but Mario Golf 64 could be one of my favorite games ever. I have it on my wii, but of course I can't play it on my wii u. If I get this, could I play it on my wii u? That's been my dream. Someone please answer me.

freaksloan

freaksloan said:

Finally games I want for the Wii U - I will be getting both Super Mario World and Mario Golf.

These coins have been burning a hole in my pocket.

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

Why is Mario Golf on the Wii and not the Wii U? C'mon Nintendo your killing me smalls!

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

I may be buying Trajectile. With my own money because I just spent mine of Kid Icarus last month..

Beau_Skunk

Beau_Skunk said:

Ugh... I want "Mario Golf," but 250 coins is way to much. I have more then enough coins, but a $10 download game doesn't seem worth that much for me. Might've considered it if it was just 200, or 150... I hope they aren't going to charge 250 for all N64 games now...
Mario Tennis was 150 last year. (I'm going to be mad if they jack-up it's price on me... I couldn't get it last year, because I didn't have enough coins.)

I really wish Club Nintendo would stop price gouging us with the coins... Not a single thing under 200 coins this month, and the games seem to get more expensive every year... They must really not want us to get them so easily.

ghasfarost

ghasfarost said:

I spent $5.99 on Super Mario World last November during the eShop Mario Week U_U No way i would have known... I guess i will go for something I would never spent real coins like Art Academy: First Semester. I have always wanted to improve my drawings at Miiverse, which at this point still look pretty pathetic...

InMooseWeTrust

InMooseWeTrust said:

I hate DSiWare. Mostly because the stuff isn't 3D (I like the 3D effect on most games) and overly pixelated (doesn't upscale well on 3DS XL). And I hate how Nintendo expects me to spend my points on DSiWare while Wii U gets the much cooler games. I'd like to see more 3DS exclusives as rewards. Like how about 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventures?