For me, the problem is not that they used AI, the problem is the used bad AI. They didn't even try to make it look like it is not AI, and AI evolved to the point where it is hard to tell sometimes.
Most baffling thing about this is, this is a compilation of retro games, they are not remaking the games with modern visuals, so why the hell would they slap AI slop on the cover.
But the real problem is them claiming they sre not using AI, and their proof of it is one screenshot of a cow enemy that is so clearly AI. It is very easy to fake the work in progress screenshots with AI, but they didn't even attempt to make it look real. Like, why is the horn of a cow missing?
And the trailer, good lord, I made stuff like that on my old computer in movie maker. Somebody is scamming someone here.
I didn't enjoy Crash 4, so I will wait for Spyro 4 to see if Toys for Bob and Banjo combo would we a wise idea. All that said, Banjo is overdue for a new game.
@Lofoten Preach, that is my dresđ, but it seems Nintendo has no interest to revisit Wario Land, and considering declining sales with each new Wario Land, I can't blame them.
This game key code in a box nonsese, and game publishers knows it, yet they are still doing it for people who want a box on their shelf. Next generation will be full digital, as it should be.
The ridicilous amount of crossovers that is not connected to Sega franchises is giving me pause. I understand Mega Man and Pac-Man. However, Spognebob, TMNT... How the hell does that fit? So, yeah, weirdly enough, the more this game offers the less I want to play it.
Other than Pikuniku 2, I have no interest in any of the new revealed games, and even in case of Pikuniku 2 I am in no rush to play it and will probably get it on Steam. Even the Ocarina of Time, which I am excited for by the simple fact it is Ocarina of Time, what was shown of the game was... nothing. Overall, one big meh of the direct, for me, I know a lot of people will disagree.
As someone who bought Switch 2 for first party titles, I found this first year lacking. Mario Kart World and DK Bananza were suprisingly dissapointing, Kirby Air Riders is collecting dust, the only saving grace was Yoshi. Just my opinion, I am sure majority will disagree
IGN gave it 10/10 so it must suck, right? At least that is what internet told me when Mixtape got 10/10. Bah, anyway, this is my most anticipated game of the year and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
"Action is something that both adults and children can understand equally, so I think if we make it with action as the main focus, we can create a film that won't be boring."
Funny enough, Galaxy was mostly action resulting in a boring movie.
That is way Shigeru is a master at video game design and he is not a movie director. Take away Mario franchise from the movie and you got nothing. It is a bunch of easter eggs woven into a weak story. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the film, but I am a Mario fan who plays everything Mario. I fully understand why majority of critic saw this and said "This is bad."
Comments 471
Re: "We'll Be Creating A Whole New Kind Of Gameplay Experience" - Iizuka Says The New Sonic Game Is Now In Development
@eldersnake same
Re: Level-5 Is Really Starting To Panic Amidst Increasing AI Backlash
You have to wonder, how many are using AI but are keeping their mouth shut.
Re: "Scalpers Are Killing The Hobby For Everyone" - Pokémon TCG's 30th Celebration Isn't Going As Planned
Just print yourself a card
Re: Diablo 5 Is Coming In Spring 2029, Here's The First Teaser Trailer
Is it playable on smartphones?
Re: Diablo Is Getting An Animated Netflix Series
Yeah, I'm not watching ir just to wait 3-4 years for season 2.
Re: Nintendo Announces Two Directs For Next Week, 8th & 9th September 2026
Zelda movie trailer incoming
Re: Random: Sonic Is An Android In Fortnite Because The Real Sonic "Will Never Hold A Gun"
Meanwhile, Rayman is snorting cocain
Re: Mini Review: The Immortal John Triptych (Switch 2) - One Of The Funniest Games You'll Ever Play
Usually when I hear the video game is funny I end up disappointed. Hopefully this one will be and exception.
Re: Street Fighter's Latest Trailer Looks Utterly Ridiculous In The Best Way
Bison looks exactly looks he did in Street Fighter II, even if the movie is bad I am sure Bison will be a standout
Re: New Mario LEGO Minifigure Sets Are Small, But They Won't Break The Bank
300 euros for all the sets....... i have to say, that is managable for my budget, I might get on these
Re: James Pond Publisher Denies AI-Generated Trailer, But No One's Buying It
For me, the problem is not that they used AI, the problem is the used bad AI. They didn't even try to make it look like it is not AI, and AI evolved to the point where it is hard to tell sometimes.
Most baffling thing about this is, this is a compilation of retro games, they are not remaking the games with modern visuals, so why the hell would they slap AI slop on the cover.
But the real problem is them claiming they sre not using AI, and their proof of it is one screenshot of a cow enemy that is so clearly AI. It is very easy to fake the work in progress screenshots with AI, but they didn't even attempt to make it look real. Like, why is the horn of a cow missing?
And the trailer, good lord, I made stuff like that on my old computer in movie maker. Somebody is scamming someone here.
Re: Donkey Kong Arcade Set Surfaces In New LEGO Leak, Here's A First Look
Looks cool, not getting it
Re: Toys For Bob Reiterates Its Desire To Make A New Banjo-Kazooie Game
I didn't enjoy Crash 4, so I will wait for Spyro 4 to see if Toys for Bob and Banjo combo would we a wise idea.
All that said, Banjo is overdue for a new game.
Re: Nintendo Expands Switch Online's Game Boy & GBA Library With Four More Titles
@Lofoten Preach, that is my dresđ, but it seems Nintendo has no interest to revisit Wario Land, and considering declining sales with each new Wario Land, I can't blame them.
Re: Sony Ditches Physical Media - Suddenly Game-Key Cards Don't Look So Bad
Nintendo will follow soon enough
Re: More Mario Kart World 'Free Roam' Songs Have Been Added To Nintendo Music
And still no classic Grand Prix option...
Re: It's Looking Likely That Switch 2 Will Have A Handheld PS6 Competitor
They keep reinventing the wheel for diminishing returns. Just have exclusives, and make them good.
Re: "This Is Even Worse" - GTA 6 Code-In-A-Box Reveal Reignites Game-Key Card Debate
This game key code in a box nonsese, and game publishers knows it, yet they are still doing it for people who want a box on their shelf.
Next generation will be full digital, as it should be.
Re: Review: Dark Scrolls (Switch) - A Retro-Styled Soulslike Side-Scroller At The Right Price
Just played the game. This has nothing to do with soulslikes.
Re: Sega Wants To Know Your Thoughts About Sonic Racing: CrossWorlds
The ridicilous amount of crossovers that is not connected to Sega franchises is giving me pause. I understand Mega Man and Pac-Man. However, Spognebob, TMNT... How the hell does that fit? So, yeah, weirdly enough, the more this game offers the less I want to play it.
Re: Feature: Six Things That Need To Change In The Zelda: Ocarina Of Time Remake
@Mattock1987 Agreed
Re: Feature: Six Things That Need To Change In The Zelda: Ocarina Of Time Remake
@Mattock1987 Yeah, we are more experienced, but kids who will play this as their first Zelda are not
Re: Donkey Kong Country-Inspired Platformer Leaps Onto Switch With A Free Demo
First one was better than I expected it to be.
Re: Reaction: A Direct That Picked Up Pace For A Breathtaking Finish
Other than Pikuniku 2, I have no interest in any of the new revealed games, and even in case of Pikuniku 2 I am in no rush to play it and will probably get it on Steam.
Even the Ocarina of Time, which I am excited for by the simple fact it is Ocarina of Time, what was shown of the game was... nothing.
Overall, one big meh of the direct, for me, I know a lot of people will disagree.
Re: Opinion: By Definition, Pokémon TCG Is No Longer A Hobby
@Zeroo Pokemon is property of Nintendo...
Re: Talking Point: Nintendo Direct June 2026 Predictions - What Do You Hope To See?
Give me new Wario Land, it is criminal we didn't get a new one since Shake It.
Re: Feature: Nintendo Switch 2: Year One - Looking Back, How Would You Rate It So Far?
As someone who bought Switch 2 for first party titles, I found this first year lacking. Mario Kart World and DK Bananza were suprisingly dissapointing, Kirby Air Riders is collecting dust, the only saving grace was Yoshi. Just my opinion, I am sure majority will disagree
Re: Digital Eclipse Brings A Bunch Of Classic Toy Story Games To Switch 1 & 2 This Year
Toy Story 2 is one of the best 3D platformers, and Toy Story racer is so underrated. Getting this day one.
Re: Beloved Mega Man-Style Platformer Is Getting A Sequel Next Year
First game is free on Steam right now, no excuse not to play it. It is a masterpiece.
Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (30th May)
Mina to lose my mind, Yoshi to gain it back
Re: Round Up: The Reviews Are In For Mina The Hollower
IGN gave it 10/10 so it must suck, right? At least that is what internet told me when Mixtape got 10/10.
Bah, anyway, this is my most anticipated game of the year and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Re: Nintendo Teases LEGO Donkey Kong, "Rolling Soon"
Original Donkey Kong arcade level recreated in Lego. Cool. Not gonna get it, but cool.
Re: First Silksong, Now Mina The Hollower Is Causing Other Indie Devs To Delay Their Games
@kkslider5552000 ditto
Re: First Silksong, Now Mina The Hollower Is Causing Other Indie Devs To Delay Their Games
@kkslider5552000 Or they moved so they can give them a better chance to do well
Re: First Silksong, Now Mina The Hollower Is Causing Other Indie Devs To Delay Their Games
That's a shame, I was hoping for a double feature, but it's understandable.
Re: Marvel Cosmic Invasion DLC Adds Two New Fighters Today
Eh, I would prefer a new campaign.
Re: Sega Has Officially Cancelled Its "Super Game"
Come on Sega, give us Comix Zone remastered already
Re: Star Fox Switch 2 amiibo Compatibility Confirmed, Here's What You Can Unlock
As long as Amiibos are unlocking trivial stuff such as this one I am good with it
Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (9th May)
Comix Zone and Wario World
Re: Star Fox Is Finally Getting Another Game, Out June 2026 Exclusively On Switch 2
Getting this one for sure. It will be first Star Fox game for me.
Re: Mina The Hollower Finally Lands On Switch 1 & 2 In Just A Few Weeks
I would do 40$ no problem, so hyped for this game
Re: Shigeru Miyamoto Doesn't Rule Out Wario Appearing In A Future Mario Movie
"Action is something that both adults and children can understand equally, so I think if we make it with action as the main focus, we can create a film that won't be boring."
Funny enough, Galaxy was mostly action resulting in a boring movie.
Re: Nintendo Skips Over Some Heavy-Hitters In Its Super Mario 40th Anniversary Ad
"Okay, we can kind of understand that last one; it's a Wii U game after all."
The hell does that mean xD
Re: Miyamoto Thanks Fans For Watching The Super Mario Galaxy Movie
@AstroTheGamosian Agreed
Re: Miyamoto Thanks Fans For Watching The Super Mario Galaxy Movie
"We'd love it if you felt excited to return to those games and play them again."
This was exactly the problem with the Galaxy movie, it felt like a commercial for games rather than a movie with a good story.
Re: Okay, So The Mario Galaxy Soundtracks Are Officially On Spotify Right Now
I don't understand, what is so surprising about this?
Re: "It's Truly Baffling" - Shigeru Miyamoto Comments On The Mario Galaxy Movie's Critical Reception
That is way Shigeru is a master at video game design and he is not a movie director.
Take away Mario franchise from the movie and you got nothing. It is a bunch of easter eggs woven into a weak story. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the film, but I am a Mario fan who plays everything Mario. I fully understand why majority of critic saw this and said "This is bad."
Re: Preview: 'Yoshi And The Mysterious Book' Is More Than Just A Pretty Face
@StarCollector Did you try beating those 100%? There is some hard core challenge in there.
Re: Preview: 'Yoshi And The Mysterious Book' Is More Than Just A Pretty Face
Finally a Switch 2 game I want to play.
Re: We Might Have Just Got Our Best Look At Link In The Legend Of Zelda Movie
@setezerocinco Why is that a problem?