Nintendo Download: Bits, Tanks, Ants, Commandos, Pulses and Brains (US)

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Nintendo of America counters Nintendo of Europe with an import week of their own. Also, more WiiWare!

Nintendo of America sure loves WiiWare all of a sudden. This week sees yet another three new WiiWare releases, along with two VC imports recently released in Europe. DSiWare only gets a single new game.

As previously announced, today is the North American release date for Bit Boy!!, Bplus's latest WiiWare effort. Nobody can deny the concept is quite innovative - You start the game in "4-bit" mode, but as you go along, the entire game will "upgrade" to 8-bit, 16-bit, etc. until eventually reaching 128 bits. Sadly, the execution leaves a lot to be desired - We thought it just wasn't exciting enough to stick with. For 600 points those who are curious could possibly take a gamble, but if you're hard pressed for money, this is far from a top priority!

Incoming! was only announced a few days ago, but it's already available today! In this cutesy strategy game you control a bunch of tanks as they, you guessed it, fight other tanks. You'll have to use the Wii remote's cursor to shoot down enemy missiles and other attacks before they hit your tanks, while trying to destroy the opponent's. For 500 points this could very well offer some decent frantic fun, but then again, the developers also made Frat Party Games: Pong Toss! We'll find out if it's any good in our review soon enough!

We haven't previously heard much about Ant Nation from Konami. It seems like a sort of Pikmin-esque game - Increase the size of your army of ants and try to take down larger creatures like spiders and ladybugs while collecting items and fulfilling various missions. Konami still hasn't released a truly great WiiWare game, perhaps this will be their breakthrough? At 700 Wii Points it seems fairly priced. We'll have a review up soon.

It's that time again on Virtual Console - Two more imports will be available in North America later today. By far the more exciting one is Pulseman on the Mega Drive/Genesis, one of Game Freak's very first games, before they became known for almost nothing but Pokémon! It's a fast-paced, challenging platformer with great graphics, music and even voice acting. You also play as a half-man, half-robot who can generate electricity, what else could you want? We think it's one of the best imports yet, so do yourself a favour and put it on your to buy list!

Today's other import isn't really 100% an "import" - Secret Command was originally released in North America as Rambo: First Blood Part II, but obviously, getting the Rambo license back just to put that version of the game on VC would probably cost Sega a bit too much. The only difference between the two titles is that you'll be paying 600 points instead of 500, because this counts as an import! The game itself is similar to the likes of Commando/Wolf of the Battlefield and Ninja Commando - You continuously move upwards mowing down any enemy in your way with either guns or grenades. Of the three, we think it's probably the least interesting, but if you like the others and simply want more, then you can't go wrong with this.

DSiWare only sees a single new release this week, and it's the game everyone's been waiting for - Brain Challenge! If you own both a Wii and DSi there is absolutely no point in getting this game on DSi - The WiiWare version is a much more complete experience. If you only own a DSi though, it could be worth checking out, but really, haven't there been enough brain training games already?

Still no Super Smash Bros., but at least there's two new imports. Will you be getting either? More from Nintendo's press release:

DOWNLOAD: BIT BOY'S INCOMING SECRET PULSE COMMANDS POSE A BRAIN CHALLENGE FOR THE ANT NATION

July 13, 2009

This week Nintendo offers three new WiiWare™ games, including a trip through video game history, a strategic tank battle and a virtual twist on an ant farm. Download fans will also find two Virtual Console™ SEGA classics and a Nintendo DSiWare™ game designed to keep the brain sharp.

WiiWare

Bit Boy!!
Publisher: Bplus
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 600 Wii Points
Description: Get ready for the most spectacular journey through time in the history of video games!! Accompany Bit Boy Kubi through a crazy pixellated adventure and battle hordes of nasty monsters in 4-bit dungeons, 8-bit caves, 16-bit strongholds, 32-bit labyrinths, 64-bit arenas and 128-bit worlds!! Rescue Kubi's friends!! Set off in the ultimate pursuit of fruits and high scores!! Grab a friend for even more fun in Cooperative mode!! The Wii Remote is your joystick – let the arcade adventure begin!!

Incoming!
Publisher: JV Games Inc.
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: The goal of Incoming! is to defeat your opponents by destroying their tanks using the arsenal you have at your disposal. Advanced arsenals become available at different levels of the game. Incoming! is great fun for two people to play competitively. Can you defeat your opponent's tanks before they conquer yours? Collect power-ups to give your arsenal that tactical advantage. Your firing must be quick and your aim true to claim victory.

Ant Nation
Publisher: Konami Digital Entertainment
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E 10 + (Everyone 10 and Older) – Mild Violence
Price: 700 Wii Points™
Description: The beloved childhood pastime of lazy Sundays spent with a magnifying glass and an ant farm finally arrives in its most mischievous form via the WiiWare service. You must train your colony of Super Ants using a devilishly fun toolset. Zap, torch and manipulate your ants to make them numerous enough and tough enough to survive a variety of increasingly difficult challenges.

• Zap your ants with lasers, fry them with your trusty magnifying glass, send down lightning and much more to build them to be the strongest Ants on the block.
  • Send your ants into war against local bullies like spiders and ladybugs. Is your colony ready for the fight?
  • 100 missions keep you busy facing a smorgasbord of fun and wacky tasks.
  • Bonus mode features 20 additional challenges that allow you to get crazy with all your favorite weapons of ant destruction.
  • Use your Wii Remote™ controller to drop a virtual hammer on your ants, use your Wii Remote like a metal detector to find in-game gold and much more.

Virtual Console

Secret Command™
Original platform: SEGA Master System
Publisher: SEGA
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E 10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Mild Violence
Price: 600 Wii Points
Description: Play as a lone warrior, armed to the teeth, sent on a top-secret commando mission behind enemy lines to liberate your comrades at arms. Released on the SEGA Master System in Europe as Secret Command, players will battle frenzied attacks from enemy soldiers, rocket troops, tanks and other enemies doing everything they can to stop you from saving the hostages. Use your trusty machine gun and a compound bow, equipped with explosive-tipped arrows, to pave the way to victory. Let nothing stand in your path. Play it with a friend in two-player mode for double the fire power.

Pulseman™
Original platform: SEGA Genesis
Publisher: GAME FREAK
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Animated Violence
Price: 900 Wii Points
Description: When noted 21st-century scientist Doc Yoshimaya fell in love with one of his C-Life artificial-intelligence creations, he uploaded himself into his computer, where her program core merged with his DNA, and half-human/half-C-Life Pulseman was born. Doc Yoshimaya's mind twisted as he emerged back into real life, and he became evil Doc Waruyama. Use Pulseman's ability to harness electricity as a weapon with his Volteccer attack as a means of rapid transport to fight Waruyama's Galaxy Gang across seven crazy stages. Find out why this SEGA Channel classic was widely regarded as one of the best-looking games for SEGA's MEGA DRIVE (Genesis) on release.

Nintendo DSiWare

Brain Challenge®
Publisher: Gameloft
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Just like your body, your brain needs exercise to stay in shape. Brain Challenge is a simple, entertaining solution for stimulating your neurons that goes way beyond logic tests. Thanks to a complete range of 48 mini-games, Brain Challenge provides an exceptional variety of exercises. Not only can you train your brain for Math but also for four other categories: Logic, Focus, Memory and Visual. Plus an original Stress Mode, featuring multitasking and authority challenges, Plus, you can now personalize your profile and some exercises with your own photos.

[via press.nintendo.com]

VGM

VGM said:

nice update,i'm going to be the First one to buy Bit Boy. :D

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I really didn't expect an import week for America. Oh, regarding Secret Command - even if Sega did get the Rambo license back, it would have been 600 points still just because its a licensed game. Whether it was an import or a licensed game, Americans would be paying 600 points.

Supermarioman

Supermarioman said:

Well a decent week in my opinion, I'm very happy to see Bit Boy! and Pulseman so that I can try them out.

PopeReal

PopeReal said:

I'll wait for the review of Incoming!, but it actually looks kinda cool.

Oh and Secret Command is Rambo btw... I guess they had to remove the license.

Link79

Link79 said:

I like the idea of Bit boy but it sounds like it didn't quite turn out like everyone hoped. I might check it out at some point though it's not real high on my must have list. Now Pulseman on the other hand looks great!
I'll probably get that.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Good update today. I hope the 2 game VC week train keeps rolling. I may give Bit Boy a try and Pulseman and Secret Command are good additions. I guess you can just pretend it's Rambo in Secret Command.

i_am_error

i_am_error said:

Nice update. I really wish Monkey Island was here though... that's quite a delay. I'm actually interested in Ant Nation (since the I had so much fun with the DS demo) and Pulseman. Probably will get the former... or both.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Yes! I knew we'd get Ant Nation today. Bit Boy, Pulseman and Ant Nation make for a great update once again, IMO.

Also TWO VC GAMES TODAY. regardless of what those titles are, it's great to see that we finally get more than one!!

Kenny

Kenny said:

2 vc games and not one is Super Smash Bros. :-( how many weeks has it been since 2 vc games?

Knux

Knux said:

This is actually a good update. Now,I need to buy more Wii points to buy some of these games.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

This week is special since its an import week. You'll be back to a solo game next week.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Only game I might want is Pulseman, and I don't have enough points for it. I wish I could delude myself into thinking we'll get two VC games in one week again within the next couple months, but I doubt it. Nice when it DOES happen though, right?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

@ KnucklesSonic8 - Yeah but you also guessed Arkanoid Plus, 5 Spots Party, NyxQuest, and Carnival King. You're almost as good at this as I am. I couldn't even get it with an IGN release date. :P

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

i have no feelings for this update with 5 games i should be happy but yet it just feels empty i may get the ant game

Kidpit

Kidpit said:

Aww so hoping for Monkey island today and I can't get it for PC since all I have is this laptop with a 1.8 Ghz Processor and Tales of Monkey Island requires 2.0 Ghz sigh
Oh well at least there is Pulseman :)

Aenaida

Aenaida said:

I'll definitely buy Pulseman someday. Everything else, I'm not interested in.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

@Corbie: lol, well I had other sources for my predictions (they're not random guesses). Remember I also predicted Incoming also. Like WarioFan said yesterday, IGN's release dates aren't always reliable for WiiWare releases. The Ant Nation release date was practically confirmed though.

@Bass X0: That's what I'm afraid of. Still, even if it's only temporary it's a change that's welcomed.

Mike1

Mike1 said:

Good update, especially with 2 VC games for once. I'm still bummed about no SSB, but the games look really good. I wonder if Pulseman is a better Mega Man clone than Shockman was?

Terra

Terra said:

I'm particularly interested in Ant Nation, coming from Konami. Hopefully, we won't be waiting ages in Europe for it like with their other games. I'm also surprised to see Incoming so soon. Honestly though, I have low expectations for the game.

Kevin

Kevin said:

Its nice to see more than one VC game this week unfortunately none of them interest me and another Final Fantasy less week. The only import games I'm looking forward to are Devil World and Super Mario's Picross. Again nothing this week VC wise but at some point I'll get Bit Boy but I don't feel like buying it now.

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

@ Mike: Pulseman is nothing at all like Mega Man, really. It's much faster.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

@BassXO: You sure it wouldn't have cost more than 600 if the Rambo liscense were attached? :P

Anyways, i'll get Pulseman and maybe Bit Boy!!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Well Turtles is 600 points extra because its a licensed game. Maybe different licenses would vary in how many more points they would cost. But we just don't know for sure.

Metang

Metang said:

W00T! Excellent update :D

For once we get two VC games. I'll definitely buy Pulseman, might give Secret Command a chance. On the WiiWare front, I'm mildly interested in Incoming and Ant Nation. For DSiWare... I'll pass.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

I'm still perplexed as to why Nintendo won't give North America Smash Bros. but it's hard to complain about any update that gives us two games. Aside from the promising Pulseman, these are both catch up games so we are that much closer to Smash Bros.! Hopefully next week but I bet we'll get Altered Beast first, just to make us wait even longer.

Knux

Knux said:

My impressions:
Bit Boy:I know this game might be medicore,but I'm still going to buy this game.
Incoming!:Since this game is made by the developers of Pong Toss,I think it is doomed.
Ant Nation:I have no clue about this game.
Pulseman:OH YEAH!!! This is a must buy for me!! :D
Secret Command:I knew this game would be released as an import,I think I will buy this.
Brain Challenge:An useless update.

odd69

odd69 said:

nyx quest? why do we not have this yet? let me guess, we'll get tons of shovelware first then we finally get it.

Vendetta

Vendetta said:

Rambo, Secret Command, WHATEVER it's called - I loved that game and will buy it INSTANTLY just for the nostalgia factor alone! I'm sooooo happy they finally released it here in NA. I was concerned it was going to drad on and on.

Nintendo64Dude

Nintendo64Dude said:

Thank god Nintendo FINALLY released 2 VC games!
1 vc game is dumb!
But still one problem... Still no SSB or SMK...

Knux

Knux said:

I agree, NOA has finally released 2 VC games together. Let's hope it stays that way!

jhuhn

jhuhn said:

You can say North America got a mini version of the Hanabi Festival this week.

Popyman

Popyman said:

@KS8: Pulseman is a import so...

I would have liked Tales of Monkey Island, but I want Pulseman, and Ant Nation sounds really cool.

vherub

vherub said:

hmm, will wait some wiiware reviews, as usual
pulseman might be a purchase though

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

The last 2 game week was in late March with Detana Twinbee and Bomberman. I am excluding the introduction of the VCA and C64. Prior to March the last two game week was in November of 2008 with Space Invaders and Forgotten Worlds. It's possible the reason for the 2 game week is because they are imports. The other possibility is Nintendo has a bunch of games rated and lined up to be released. I guess we will find out next monday.

Buster13

Buster13 said:

I've been waiting for Pulseman! Insta-Download as soon as I get another points card!

MorriganIsHot

MorriganIsHot said:

I might get Pulseman from what I just saw it look like a good decent game. last week I just bought super mario world and I'm low on points. one thing I just hope there's continue and not just start back from the beginning of the game cuz I really hate that.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

@Tony: Well they do have a bunch of games rated/"confirmed" but yeah, that's a good look at it. Let's hope our next Import titles include Mario Super Picross!

Noire

Noire said:

Man, I was going to be all over Pulseman, but I saw it's priced at 900 points, and I'm sitting right at 800. I just bought 2000 points and used them all on Mario, so I can't justify buying another 1000 to get the 100 I need for Pulseman. Another question for another time, but: Why, Nintendo? Why can't I just buy 100 points?

Poopy.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Tony: I was JUST thinking that myself, actually. It stinks that imports would be the only way we could get two games in a week, but I guess it's better than only getting one even THEN. :P

@KnucklesSonic8: Don't I wish. It isn't looking very bloody likely we'll EVER get that one, though. Or Devil World (which I want even more thanks to PiCTOBiTS). :(

Mabbit

Mabbit said:

i wish i had saved my wii points until today. my sister and i are pikmin freaks so i want to check out ant nation. incoming! and bit boy! also both piqued my interest as well as pulseman. so i am sad

SSBFan_12

SSBFan_12 said:

2 things 1: wheres Monkey Island 2: I give up on SSB I have waited time and time again it is going to be the 350th VC game and that will most likly come out in november december time. When we get the game Europe will already have Super Mario Kart and maybe even Star Fox!!! I give up on the VC!

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Wow, no Art Style, no Smash, no Flipnote. Come on Nintendo! Each week i lose a little more hope..........

WolfLink22

WolfLink22 said:

This week is great because we got not 1 but 2 Virtual Console Games for a chance even tho i am still happy with Clay Fighter.I can't wait until we get Super Smash Bros. and Super Mario Kart just to name 2 VC Games that a bunch of us want.I wish that NOA or whoever is in charge of the Downloads would release Nintendo World Cup already instead of waiting for Europe's reaction to VC Games.

Sure this week's import week was a great start when it comes to having 2 VC Games a week.But having more even if it is not always an AAA Game that i like would help out fans a lot.

Syr

Syr said:

@PhoenixSage: Go buy a Pepsi! :P Apparently the free 200 points are easy to come by.

Ant Nation looks good for 700 points.. would get Pulseman, but I have to clear my backlog of a few platformers before I can justify the 900 points.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

I bought Bit Trip Beat, Bust-a-Move+, and Shining Force II yesterday.
I do not regret anything today, especially since I am expecting another Wii Points Card next week.

(Yay! Two VC games!)

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

While Pulseman sounds very interesting and all, I'm just gonna have to wait for SSB, because that's all I'm interested atm. Though Pulseman and Bit. Trip CORE are def on my radar. ;)

Miyabi273

Miyabi273 said:

I love how people complain about people NOA not listening to them about SSB. Its not like they login just to read your comments. At the same time I am happy because there were a lot less complaints.

Anywho, This is a good week I am still skeptical of these games. Ant Nation sounds good and Pulse Man seems interesting but what I really want to try is Bit Boy. So I will wait for reviews and see. I am happy with more Wii Ware this will lead to something good.

slangman

slangman said:

Great update alround. I downloaded Pulseman hours ago. 60hz version FTW. :) Not sure about Secret Commando though.

MrDanger88

MrDanger88 said:

I still laugh at people who want SSB. It has aged horrendously people. Get over it and play Brawl of Melee.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Where's Monkey Island? :(

Oh well. I just got Pulseman, and so far it's great! Ant Nation sounds interesting, but given Konami's previous Wiiware efforts (Sandy Beach and Critter Round-Up), I've decided to wait for a review. I'm thinking of getting Bit Boy!!out of morbid curiosity, but I'm afraid to waste the cash.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

@Ricardo91: I think you fail to realize that Sandy Beach and CRU weren't developed by Konami. For that reason, Ant Nation shouldn't be written off.

I got Bit Boy and despite the freeze issue I had the game's decent so far. Not great, not terrible, just decent. Hoping it gets better though as I could've gotten Pulseman...

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

Finally! A two game week for the Virtual Console! This is a good week. IT'S BEEN OVER THREE MONTHS SINCE WE GOT A GOOD WEEK, NOW IT'S HERE!

I cannot wait to download Pulseman, but I'll give The Conduit some playing first, since I just got it.

Guys, I think the Virtual Console is in a revival.

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Captain_Jack_Sparrow said:

I TELL YOU I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Somehow though I DOUBT that FREAKING SSB64 will come out at the end of July; for that's when STINKING NINTENDO will release it then... as the 310th game!!! If they keep pushing it back though, & it goes until August before we see SSB64; then THERE WILL BE MORE HELL TO PAY WHEN YOU'LL HEAR US WHINNY FAN BOYS COMPLAIN MORE AND MORE!!! :(

But you want to know why WE complain?! Because those of us who are DYING FOR SSB64 love the origonal and first game in the series for NOSTALGIC REASONS!!!! Even if we had it for the origonal 64 system; or DON't HAVE IT anymore!!! Need I repeat that a THOUSAAND TIMES?!!! ;)

NINTENDO JUST NEEDS TO STOP RELEASING CRAP WE DON'T CARE ABOUT AND JUST FREAKING RELEASE SSB64 FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!!!!! :(

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

I have many fond memories of "Secret Command" on the C-64, it might be a purchase. On the DS, I am waiting to hear more about Phantasy Star: Zero.

Swiket

Swiket said:

@ Captain Jack Sparrow: You seem to be the only one that's whining... hell, most of the people here who wanted SSB are happy with this week's update, even though there's no SSB.

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

I think the worst part about all these SSB64 spammers.. err.. complainers is the fact that I've noticed many of them complain about how the games we get in the updates are games "we don't care about" which is untrue. By saying that, they completely disregard the games in the rest of the update and the same case is true this time. People complaining in that manner are completely disregarding Pulseman - the clear winner for this week. This is the same case every week and I'm getting sick of it especially when the game that comes out is a game I care about. I'm secretly still wanting SSB64 pretty badly but I'm mature enough to not complain EACH AND EVERY WEEK and completely pass off the updates that we do get as "useless". I know patience has its limits sometimes but come on... Gimme a break. Just grow up already.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

AWESOME!!! Two VC games this week!!! I downloaded Pulseman the moment I saw it! Too bad there is no Monkey Island today; thanks for the accurate information IGN!:P

Mike1

Mike1 said:

64. P. D4NG3R
Maybe people that played SSB, Melee and Brawl actually enjoy all 3 games. The game hasn't aged poorly, it's just the game is pretty bare bones compared to the other 2.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

I love how many people ignore Incoming because of the graphics with no review but want to try Bit Boy which already has a very negative review. With Incoming you at least get the CHANCE to have something that doesn't suck (plus it's 100 points less).

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

Ant Nation and Pulseman look. Cool. When I get the money, I may pick them up. Everything else.....not interested.

badsmoothie

badsmoothie said:

Great update! Everyone makes mistakes, for Bit Boy, it's way better than the review, sorry.

MrDanger88

MrDanger88 said:

They might finally realize it when they waste $10 on it. Anyway, Pulsman and Ant Nation look like instant-buys.

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

IT'S BEEN OVER THREE MONTHS SINCE WE GOT A GOOD WEEK, NOW IT'S HERE!

Are you kidding? We've had good weeks these last three months.

Oh wait, don't tell me you only consider weeks with more then one VC as good weeks? How pathetic.

SSBFan_12

SSBFan_12 said:

@swiket I am wining to and the only good games this update are pulseman and bit boy!!, other than that the update freaking sucked!

HEMIII

HEMIII said:

I hope they release Killer Instinct Gold, Paperboy, Contra, and Base Wars before they release your stupid SSB64, hahaha. I hope they save it till the 500th release party, ohohohohahaha. But hey if someone can persuade me I can threatin' to eat NOA's faces off for you if they don't deliver it by next week.

Anyway, can't wait to check out that ants game and Bit Boy sounds pretty cool though it sounds like someone already played it and wasn't impressed and those imports, well import, it sounds like I might be spending a lot this week.

Noire

Noire said:

@Syr: I was thinking about that, but I didn't want to have to buy a bunch of Pepsi products to get the 200 points. If I won on the first try, I'd be happy, but if I blew $10 bucks getting 200 points I'd be a mite unhappy.

Charlie_The_Unicorn

Charlie_The_Unicorn said:

@anyone complaing about no SMB64

Chill out, you guys. Nintendo IS bringing it to us. We just have to be patient. If you can't handle the wait, there are plenty of other good games on VC/WiiWare to download. Why not try Pulseman? The point is, complaining about it here won't help, and it will annoy people. The point is; just chill out and enjoy what you get each week. Thanks for listening.

Ren

Ren said:

Ant Nation looks really fun.
I could care less about SSBB, any of them. Aren't there 3 or 4 of them? Just play the ones you already have, and quit complaining, people.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I did buy some points and download Pulseman today. It's really good, although it takes a bit of getting used to (I died a lot in the first couple levels, but I'm doing just fine in level 5). At the rate of "stuff I don't care about" we've been having lately, it's SO nice to actually download a new release again. :)

Objection

Objection said:

Pulseman looks good but I heard you can't save and that's a buzzkill for me. Great week for NA though.

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

Ok, we had one of those rare, good updates; 2 VC, 3 WW, 1 DSi, pretty nice. I really want Pulseman, but I'm out of points :(; well, I may get some at the end of the month since it's gonna be my birthday :).

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Objection_Blaster: It's true that you can't save, but you shouldn't really need to from what I can tell. Once you get the hang of the game, it's really not too hard. And if you need to stop for a bit, the usual VC quicksave works just fine. I always prefer being able to save in games as well, but this one is okay without that feature. :)

EDIT: Forget what I said, man. I lost all my damn lives and continues trying to get through Stage 6, and thanks to no saves, I would have to start the ENTIRE game over just to get here and die over and over again! Screw it. Another great game ruined by an impossible underwater level. :(

@Twilight Crow: Gonna be happy birthday, then. Make sure you play lots of Birthday Party Bash (if it's available by then...I don't know when it hits)! ;)

KeroKero_Cola

KeroKero_Cola said:

I'm revolting--I'm not buying one more VC or WiiWare game until Super Smash Bros. is released onto the Virtual Console. In your face, Nintendo!

Mike1

Mike1 said:

@80. P. D4NG3R
$10 isn't that much money. Besides, the game is still good.

BrazCanaMan

BrazCanaMan said:

Just watched the video for incoming, looks ummmm, what're the words I'm looking for?... Oh ya! Not Good. They should have just made a Scorched Earth Clone, I don't like the proximity of the opposing tanks. =(

EDIT:
Also, good to see less people complaining about SSB64 not on vc this week... except for the freak on comment #70

Kenji510

Kenji510 said:

Damn no Artstyle KuBos, oh well, hope it comes out next week, but todays update was pretty good... we got 2 vc games at least... i guess ill go and download Bit Boy and Brain Challenge for this week and try them out too. :)

sylkirian

sylkirian said:

it's the game everyone's been waiting for... Brain Challenge...
...
What's the difference between DS and DSi version? Only profile with photo?

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

@Stuffgamer1
Er, thanks?
Ha Ha very funny :P, I'm not expecting a game for a present, but if anybody dares to give me that I...

would sell it ASAP and get something better ;), like wiipoints, I'm sooo far behind with the VC and WW games I want, btw sorry to hear you got stuck in Pulseman, underwater levels, ew, I dont like those specially the ones on the Sonic games.

RurouniTeeter

RurouniTeeter said:

@73. KnucklesSonic8
Thank you very, very much kind sir. :D I like your words! Supporting you 100%!

As for the update, it's good. 2 VC games. Yay, something different. I really don't know what to say. ^^; They look all like fun games, I do want to buy something new, just not sure what to buy yet...

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Twilight Crow: SuperSonic1990 rubbed off on me, and I couldn't resist. ;)
Sounds to me like people need to give you Wii points or Gift you games! Get you all nice and caught up at last.! :)

The underwater stage in Pulseman is of the ESPECIALLY stupid variety, because much of it is falling down and trying to dodge mines you can't even see until you're right on top of them without any way to swim up. And of course, you can't use your lightning powers underwater. :(

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Poor update for NA overall IMHO. If you don't have BC Wiiware or DS retail I recommend it for a download. You guys had a good update
last week anyway eh.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

I'm interested in Pulseman, but I just spent my entire gaming budget for the next month or so on Beyond Good & Evil, Yakuza 2 and pre-ordering my copy of Little King's Story, so I'm going to have to wait a bit on purchasing the necessary points.

HappyHappy

HappyHappy said:

Seeing Tales of Monkey Island isn't out today i'm guessing it will come out at the end of the month. The same thing happened for SBCG4AP.

Crazed

Crazed said:

Week in hindsight
Pulseman- Looks amazing, and from Game Freak!
Ant Nation- I forgot about this game... Near the bottom of my "to-get" list
Incoming!!- Great review by Chicken Brutus...
Secret Commando- Not that interested.
Bit Boy- My "to-get" list is too long for average games.