TheWanderingBard

TheWanderingBard

May your heart be your guiding key.

Comments 196

Re: Fire Emblem: Fortune's Weave Charges Onto Switch 2 In 2026

TheWanderingBard

Looks great! I really like the Roman-esque style the game has going for it. Since it looks like it's related to Three Houses, I do still need to complete the other routes (I'm working on Golden Deer after just finishing Crimson Flower). Hopefully it operates more closely to how Awakening and Echoes were rather than a direct pre/sequel.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (6th September)

TheWanderingBard

Surprisingly, not Silksong. I haven’t beat Hollow Knight yet even though I started it 5 years ago, so while everyone else was playing Silksong I got back into it yesterday. Still as fun as I remember.
I also picked up SMT V: Vengeance as my first SMT game, so I’m going through that while running through the 3rd semester again in my NG+ of Persona 5 Royal. Lots of gaming this weekend.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (16th August)

TheWanderingBard

Trying to get in some Tales of Graces f Remastered this weekend. If the Xillia leaks turn out to be true, I want to make sure I finish Graces by the time it comes out so I can hop in without any regrets. Got in a bit of The World Ends With You on my 3DS, I've owned it for a year but haven't touched the DS version really (Played Final Remix a while ago, love that game), so decided to play some this weekend.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? - Nintendo Switch 2 Edition (7th June)

TheWanderingBard

Switch 2 games, obviously. Enjoying my time with Mario Kart World, as well as the Switch 2 editions of Breath and Tears. I’m also going through Bravely Default HD Remaster, since the original 3DS release is probably one of my favorite 3DS games of all time. Been loving it, but I do miss the “For the Sequel” additions the original US release had, like Bravely Second, the Hourglass, etc.
I also tried out the Card-En-Ciel demo earlier today, and really enjoyed the gameplay loop. Might pick it up if it goes on sale.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (5th April)

TheWanderingBard

Might play a bit of Bravely Second or Pokémon Ultra Moon. I haven't used my 3DS in a bit so I'm kind of feeling the urge today. That, or I'll get in some manga reading, I recently picked up a few volumes of Jojo part 4, so I want to get that in as well as game. I'd be playing Xenoblade X, but I've been feeling really burnt out ever since I unlocked Skells. There's just a lot to manage and my brain doesn't want to do all that right now.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (1st February)

TheWanderingBard

Beat Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS4) last night (Sora Side) as part of my goal to play through the series in release order (Beat 1 last month), so I'm gonna finish up Reverse/Rebirth today and potentially start up 2 if I have the time. This was the first time I've gone through ReCoM, and my opinions on it are mixed. The card system is simultaneously really fun and the worst KH battle system ever, somehow. Really excited to get back to 2, it's my favorite out of the series (though that seems to be the norm).

Re: Opinion: Chrono Trigger Isn't The Only Great Time-Travel RPG On DS

TheWanderingBard

I really need to go through this again. I bought Perfect Chronology a few years back, loved every second of it, and then never did the bonus content. The game gives you the option to either play the DS version’s story straight through and keep the bonus stuff at the end, or integrate it into the main story. Choosing the former, I was pretty much done with the game after beating it. Still, super good game and a great story, I need to do a run with the classic DS art (it was offered as DLC) sometime.