TheWanderingBard

TheWanderingBard

May your heart be your guiding key.

Comments 196

Re: Talking Point: How Do You Feel About Series-Branded Consoles?

TheWanderingBard

I have kind of a soft spot for my current Switch 2, as I was able to get first in line at my local GameStop at launch night, so it's the first one they sold. Other than that, while I like branded consoles, it's rare that I'll shell out the money if I've already got one. I'm fairly stingy and can't ever justify the purchase.

Re: Poll: Who's Your Favourite Fire Emblem: Fortune's Weave Character?

TheWanderingBard

I haven't really been playing the other routes yet so I don't have a lot of reference, but I chose Dietrich to begin with and I'm loving him and his group, they're all so weird and fun, and the 3H nods aren't bad either. Dietrich himself is really entertaining, he's like an Alucard-looking, more unhinged Goku, super weird. I did play a bit of Cai's story and while I like him, nothing's really gripped me yet. Hoping to get to know Theodora and Leda a bit better down the line, Theodora really seems interesting but I'm kind of indifferent about Leda currently.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (1st August)

TheWanderingBard

Xenoblade 2! It's my favorite game of all time, so I definitely wanted to spend some time playing it with the upgrades. I recently beat Xenoblade 1's Switch 2 edition, and while I originally wanted to do a NG+ of 2, I can't help but want to do all the side content I haven't done beforehand (Though mostly, I want to try and get all the Blades I'm missing before I NG+). Love this game, it's insane to play it so smoothly and looking so good.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (13th June)

TheWanderingBard

After a few attempts, I'm finally going through Xenogears for the first time. Been in a huge Xeno-mood all week thanks to the direct, so I figured I'd finally go through it. Just made it to Bledavik and enjoying my time with the game. Fei's been an interesting protagonist (reminds me a lot of Noah) so far and the story's shaping up to be very interesting. Also a bit of Xenoblade 1 Switch 2 edition, the Ether Jet is so fun to mess around and explore Bionis with.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (21st March)

TheWanderingBard

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for me! Got back into my grind of defeating every Unique Enemy in the base game, and I also hopped back into Future Redeemed for a little bit, remembered how much I enjoyed it, and am working on Affinity completion on that one as well. This is the first weekend in a while where I really don't have that much to do so I'm looking forward to taking my time with gaming.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (24th January)

TheWanderingBard

I completely lied about waiting on FFVII, picked it up last night and planning on playing it today. It’s been running super well, I’m really enjoying it. I might also start FFII today, I finally beat FFI for the first time yesterday and have been wanting to go through them all number-wise. Undecided for now, but a lot of Final Fantasy for sure.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (17th January)

TheWanderingBard

I’m almost done with KH3’s Data Fights, I have 3 left, so I want to get as many done as feasibly possible (I’m not expecting to beat Yozora for a while) this weekend. Other than that, I’ve been playing a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles X this week, so probably more of that. Just grabbed the Hresvelg Lord skell, but I’m too low level to use it, so I’ve been grinding a bunch.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (10th January)

TheWanderingBard

After playing the DQVII Reimagined demo earlier this week, I've been in a pretty big Dragon Quest mood. I beat my replay of DQV the other day, so I'm debating whether to start up my replay of DQVI or actually go through DQIV for the first time. Gonna patch the DS version with the party chat feature for the best experience, whenever I get around to it. So, one of those this weekend.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (13th December)

TheWanderingBard

Finally done with finals, so I’m free to play some more Tales of Xillia Remastered, along with some Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X this weekend before I go back to visit my parents for the holiday break.
Been working on getting all the unique monsters and weapon upgrades done in XC3 now that I’ve finished all the Ascension Quests, and I’m working on filling out my FrontierNav in XCX when I get the chance.

Re: Review: Octopath Traveler 0 (Switch 2) - A Bit Of A Retread, But Unmissable (And Enormous)

TheWanderingBard

Geez, that's a long game. I'd really like to pick this up someday, but I still need to finish OT2, so it'll be a while. I've been burnt out on the Octopath style for a little bit, so this one will be down the line. It's not the HD2D style I dislike, I think it looks great, but there's just something about the UI and the blur that gives me a headache when I play.
Glad to hear it's packed with side-content, sounds like it'll keep people fed for a while.

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade's File Size On Switch 2 Is Making Us Sweat

TheWanderingBard

That's a huge size, but luckily I don't have a massive library, and with a 512GB memory card along with the switch 2's memory, I have enough space for Remake once I delete a few games. Since I do that anyways after I beat a game (barring the exceptions like Zelda and Xenoblade), it won't be a problem once I finally get around to playing Remake.
I'm weirdly excited to play Remake on Switch 2, because while I have played it on PS4/5, there's just something about being able to play it on the go that rocks.
In any case, at least it's not a Cloud (heh) Version, still salty about Kingdom Hearts being a cloud game.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (25th October)

TheWanderingBard

Tales of Graces f Remastered, trying to finish it up before Xillia drops next week. I think I'm getting pretty close, so hopefully I can finish it this weekend. Other than that, I might play a bit of Metaphor, I've barely touched it since it came out and have been wanting to go through it eventually. That one's definitely a maybe though, between Graces and homework I probably won't have the time for Metaphor.

Re: Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? (18th October)

TheWanderingBard

Focusing on Trails in the Sky 1st Chapter and Tales of Graces f Remastered this weekend. Wanting to beat Graces before the Xillia remaster comes out at the end of the month, so I’ve been playing that whenever I’ve had the chance this week.
No Pokémon ZA for me yet, though I do eventually want to pick it up. Wanting to work on some of the games on my backlog before I pick it up.