E3 2014: Nintendo Reveals A Slew of New Trailers for Previously Announced Games

Posted by Martin Watts

And there's a lot of them!

It's that time of the year where the video game industry goes absolutely bonkers for a few days and unveils a ton of new information about upcoming games for various systems and devices. In true keeping with this tradition, Nintendo of America has uploaded a shed-load of new trailers for previously announced Wii U and 3DS games.

Being the good folks that we are, we've embedded all of these in one place below for your benefit - so why not take a look and see what you've got to look forward to?

Wooden Sen'Sey (Wii U eShop)

Upper Byte's action-platformer tasks you with ninja-ing your way through a fantasy Far Eastern-themed world.

Chromophore: The Two Brothers Director's Cut (Wii U eShop)

Having undergone a slight name change, Chromophore: Two Brothers Director's Cut is a nostalgic retread of the action-adventure/role-playing genres and sports a Game Boy aesthetic.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal World Duel Carnival (3DS)

Popular characters from the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise battle it out in the card-based role-playing game.

Teslagrad (Wii U eShop)

A puzzle-adventure game in which you use a range of wacky inventions to combat enemies and solve puzzles. There are in fact two new trailers for you to feast your eyes on.

Nihilumbra (Wii U eShop)

A puzzle-platformer with a dark and twisted setting. Problem-solving and defeating bosses are the key to helping protagonist Born escape from an inevitable curse.

STARWAHL: Just the Tip (Wii U eShop)

Quite possibly the weirdest game in the list, STARWAHL: Just the Tip can essentially be described as a game about neon-magical dolphins that joust one another to death. Up to four players can join in the madness.

Tappingo 2 (3DS eShop)

A sequel to the popular puzzle title on the 3DS eShop, which blends Picross-style puzzles with a fresh twist. This edition will include over 100 puzzles and a new zoom option.

Pier Solar and the Great Architects (Wii U eShop)

Previously known as Pier Solar HD, this game offers a JRPG experience and sports a traditional top-down 2D design.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (3DS)

The first Persona game on a Nintendo console, this RPG has a new visual style that's unusually funky. The game will incorporate gameplay elements from the popular Etrian series.

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Wii U)

Based on the popular children's TV series, PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2 sees the popular pill-popper and his gang of chums set off in a new action-platforming adventure.

One Piece Unlimited World Red (Wii U)

A continuation of the popular Japanese series in which Luffy and the gang set off on a new adventure.

Cubemen 2 (Wii U eShop)

A hybrid of tower defence and real-time strategy, Cubemen 2 promises online multiplayer across multiple systems.

Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop)

Top town 2D adventure RPG where you play as Vice-President of the World. As per all career politicians, you must use your charisma and negotiating skills to get ordinary people to fight your battles for you.

Armillo (Wii U)

In this action game you must guide a small rolling creature through a series of hazardous mazes containing some puzzle-lite elements.

Blast 'em Bunnies (3DS eShop)

Defend your burrow from a horde of evil bunnies in this unusually violent animal-based fixed first-person shooter.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop)

Experience the original trilogy, starring everyone's favourite blue-suited defender of justice, in this remastered edition exclusively for 3DS eShop.

Woah Dave! (3DS eShop)

A crazy single-screen platformer which resembles Mario. Bros in the gameplay department.

Tengami (Wii U)

Already available on mobile devices, Nyamyam virtual pop-up book for a game will be appearing on Wii U later this year.

Which of these games are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments section below

King47

King47 said:

That's a large list.
I'm hoping this means they have many announcement tomorrow. And that lack of Nintendo directs makes me think that.

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

Persona Q is really the only one that catches my interest here. We've seen most of these before also...

Hikingguy

Hikingguy said:

Pier Solar on the Wii U would be nice! The copy of the game I have has always been called Pier Solar and the great architects. The "and the great architects" has just been a sub title. I think the HD just indicated that it was not the Genesis/Mega Drive version. But I don't think Watermelon ever officially dropped the subtitle.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Teslagrad looks sooo good! Persona Q will also be mine. More look interesting but I'll wait till they get released and reviewed.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Whoa, hoping this is Nintendo getting all the old stuff out of the way so they can show the new stuff and the more highly anticipated stuff.

WalupeachyTime

WalupeachyTime said:

Starwhal and One Piece are my picks. Starwhal seems like a really frantic multiplayer game and One Piece seems to be a combination of Monster Hunter and Castle Crashers. Colour me excited.

Kryce

Kryce said:

I'm too exited for Yu gi oh! zexal WDC I was awaiting for a localization for ages !
armillo, tengami and persona Q looks interesting also .

schizor

schizor said:

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth LOOKS AWESOME! The soundtrack for the trailer is superb!

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

And this doesn't even cover the whole first-party retail releases.
This is gonna be a good E3.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Chronosphere looks really beautifull, but I'm still holding out for PierSolar!

The rest didn't really catch me.

Varoennauraa

Varoennauraa said:

Most of them look amazing, but:
A.N.N.E (not in this list, don't miss it)
Tesla
Citizens
Pier Solar

Are absolutely must have games for me

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

What's this 30-minute Digital Event rumor nonsense I've been reading about? I've never heard of it before. I think Nintendo has much more in store than that. It has to be close to an hour long, not counting the Nintendo Minute video that gives even more details.

And about these trailers, Tengami sounds interesting, though Gunman Clive 2 is my most interested indie game right now.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Two Brothers still looks like it needs some work on a technical level, and the autotune song was grating (and I like autotune when done well). Shame, since I'm really digging the look of it, and the story has potential.

Teslagrad looks awesome as always, Just wish they had some sort of date set for it...

Pier Solar Looks cool, and I really do hope the HD version irons out the flaws of the Genesis version.

Persona Q Has me excited, of course.

Citzens of Earth...showed off the old trailer...it's a good one, though.

Phoenix Wright Trilogy Looks great, I can't wait to play it!

Tengami Looks more interesting every time I see it.

dumedum

dumedum said:

lovely. Seem like a lot of console exclusives for Nintendo. eShop looking rad.

Dexter2015

Dexter2015 said:

Bah ID filler games, sorry pass I want real developers games not this 5th party junk most of this games also came out for other systems!

Anguspuss

Anguspuss said:

seriously lots of games on e shop so either release a mk2 with built in hdd or a totally crazy suggestion an official hdd with some games pre installed or with a DL Code.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

My picks: Teslagrad, Nihilumbra, Tengami, Phoenix Wright trilogy and Pier Solar.

In the maybe column, Two brothers and Persona Q. The rest don't interest me even a bit.

Too bad exclusives don't abound. Or even first on WiiU/3DS.

PLATINUM7

PLATINUM7 said:

Looking forward to Starwhals and One Piece.
Use to be excited for Two Brothers but I've heard the PC version at least has a lot of problems. I'll wait for a review.

Theober555

Theober555 said:

Nihilumbra looks brilliant, Starwhal looks hilarious and Tengami looks beautiful! I'll keep an eye on all 3!

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

Persona Q = HYPEHYPEHYPE!

Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal and Armillo also look pretty neat.

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

I'd so get Pier Solar if I had a Wii U.

Citizens of Earth and Persona Q look nifty too. (The narwhal game looks bonkers)

Of course Ace Attorney too, but I already have the games.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

I'll take Woa Dave!, Wooden Sen'Say! and Maybe Teslegrad. :*
Don't really care for the rest.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

Three words - Pheonix Wright Trilogy.
That is all.
Also, Citizens of Earth seems interesting.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

tengami,teslegrad,nihilumbra, are absolutely gorgeous and citizens of earth looks hilarious. Now cubemen 2 cant wait for that game.

SleepyCrossing

SleepyCrossing said:

Extremely excited for these. The quality of titles on the eshop justifies a Wii U purchase to be honest.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

The Bunny shooting game sonunds interesting. Raymond and the Raving Rabbids had a mode where you shot rabbid rabbits with a plunger gun. The idea of an FPS featuring killing bunnies sounds like a perfect balance between sadistic and hilareous.

ChessboardMan

ChessboardMan said:

How is the Phoenix Wright Trilogy exclusively remastered for 3DS? Isn't it just using the sprites from the HD iOS version? Or is it including just a touch of 3D too?

ModestFan93

ModestFan93 said:

Persona Q and One Piece Unlimited Red for me. They be the obvious choices people should really look at those trailers again.

Lobster

Lobster said:

Phoenix Wright looks to be good!

I hope they don't show off too much of this tomorrow, oh dear... This would take too much time away from the big guns.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Yu-Gi-Oh and Cubemen 2 are the 2 biggest games for me on that list. And Pier Solar. Lots of good vareity, many genres covered for many types of gamers.

andrea987

andrea987 said:

Wooden sen sey, tislagrad, pier solar and pac man 2 are very tempting. That starwahl, though, seems like something that could really catch on...

GougeMan

GougeMan said:

Nintendo is about to drop the atomic bomb today. They will come out guns blazing with huge titles coming forth! The return of the King is now.

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

I'm excited for a lot of these but the Phoenix Wright trilogy is my most anticipated. I would like release windows for everything though, a lot of these indie games have been shown off for way too long with no release dates.

Pod

Pod said:

Citizens of Earth has me intrigued.

Looks like it borrows quite a bit of tone and play-style from Earthbound, but with a satirical twist to it.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Oh, yeah. I totally forgot about Wooden Sen'Sey.

Teslagrad, Nihilumbra, and Tengami have held my interest since I first laid eyes on them.

Speaking of, that isn't a new trailer for Nihilumbra. That one's been around. I've watched it enough times to know.

Poketendo

Poketendo said:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy looks simply amazing. May pick it up (don't own any of the original). But I have to mention Woah Dave! What the heck? Woah Block (Pow Block), coins, jumping around, it's just too similair. But it looks a lot of fun. I can't describe it, but I love it and hate it at the same time.