Nintendo Download: 22nd August (North America)

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Retro fighting and ninja skills, soothing portable puzzles and more

It's Nintendo Download Update time, North America, and this week serves up plenty of new and old games on 3DS, alongside some discounts, as well as a lot of 16-bit fighting on the Wii U. Let's get right to the details.

Wii U Virtual Console

The Wii U Virtual Console is offering up three versions of Street Fighter II this week, along with a special promotion. If you buy one of these games you can pick up either one or both of the others with a 50% discount; the offer is valid until 29th August.

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (Capcom, $7.99)

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (Capcom, $7.99)

Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting (Capcom, $7.99)

Wii U Retail Download

Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (Majesco Entertainment, $TBC) — Available from 27th August.

3DS eShop

Wakedas (CIRCLE Entertainment, $2.99) — Not all puzzles need tight time limits or to have dramatic countdowns, as this budget effort shows. A little like a flat Rubik's Cube, this colour tile-sorting concept is executed well and provides some enjoyable puzzling. It's lacking in features, but at this price point and with plenty of content in the core package this is certainly worth considering, as explained in our Wakedas review.

Funfair Party Games (Joindots, $19.99) — With 11 attractions and Mii support, this one joins the list of titles targeting the minigame market on the eShop; both single and multiplayer are included. It'll also include motion controls for some games, and we'll see whether its worth buying some tickets in our review.

Fish On 3D (Agetec, $9.99) — Fishing has always been a surprisingly persistent genre on Nintendo's download services, and Agetec weighs in with a release that aims to offer modes to satisfy both sim and action fishing fans. There's even some StreetPass functionality thrown in, so we'll dig out our waders and give this a go.

3DS Virtual Console

Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (TECMO KOEI GAMES, $4.99) — The second part of the NES series that — in all likelihood — left young gamers curled up in a ball muttering "game over" repeatedly, it now arrives on the 3DS Virtual Console with all important save state functionality. While it is fiendishly difficult, it's also a fun action platformer that arguably brings notable improvements over the original with switched up moves and power ups. We'll summon our inner-Ninja for a review soon.

3DS Retail Download

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Aksys, $24.99) — This excellent title has been on the market for nearly a year, but finally makes its way to the eShop. It's an involving, unique experience that's well worth consideration, and you can learn all about it in our review.

Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (Majesco Entertainment, $29.99) — Available from 27th August.

3DS Retail Download Discounts

The six following Ubisoft games have a 30% discount until 27th August:

Rayman Origins — $21
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3D — $21
Rayman 3D — $21
Petz Fantasy 3D - $21
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D — $21
Rabbids 3D — $21

So that's another week of updates confirmed. Let us know what you're planning to download in the comments and poll below.

What are you most excited about downloading this week? (246 votes)

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (Wii U Virtual Console)

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (Wii U Virtual Console)

Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting (Wii U Virtual Console)

Multiple Street Fighter II games (50% off promotion)

Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (Wii U retail download)

Wakedas (3DS eShop)

Funfair Party Games (3DS eShop)

Fish On 3D (3DS eShop)

Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (3DS Virtual Console)

11%

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (3DS retail download)

11%

Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (3DS retail download)

Rayman Origins (3DS retail discount)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3D (3DS retail discount)

Rayman 3D (3DS retail discount)

Petz Fantasy 3D (3DS retail discount)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D (3DS retail discount)

Rabbids 3D (3DS retail discount)

Nothing for me this week

51%

Please login to vote in this poll.

Rafie

Rafie said:

I'll take Ninja Gaiden 2 and Super Street Fighter 2 thank you! Good week for an update.

tchaten

tchaten said:

I'm picking up the Street Fighter 2 "Bundle" - I like to support Nintendo when they do the launch discounts for VC titles. I've never played any Street Fighter games before and am anxious to see what the hype is about - I hear SF2 is a classic.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

No Recca...

Also...Could we just get Mega Man 7, X2, X3, Xtreme, and Xtreme 2 already?

47drift

47drift said:

I'm saving my money for Summer Carnival '92 RECCA. I have $5 eShop credit from the Wii U Digital Deluxe promotion just for it.

ferrers405

ferrers405 said:

I already bought Rayman Origins in Wii, PS3 and Vita, I'll give a try to the 3DS version even it's low quality compared to the others.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I'm getting SSFII for $1.50 and then buying SFII Turbo: Hyper Fighting for 50% off. Discounted updates + Sale prices = WIN!!!

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

After all of these years I have never owned a copy of Ninja Gaiden II in any format. I think its time that changes

rjejr

rjejr said:

Would have been a good week for a Pokemon Rumble U demo. My kids played the Wii demo for dozens of hours before we bought them the game (pre-allowance days, they'll be ponying up for Rumble U next Thurs.) Game and Wario could use demo as well, it's in Gamestop so I know it exists.

Annoying somewhat related Wii U thought for the day - I have a 32GB Wii U but my Wii-mode storage is still only 537 free blocks? I still have to play the swap-game with all my VC and Wiiware? How rude. I didn't realize how many games I had actually purchased but not played in awhile b/c they didn't fit until the transfer told me. I would have DL'd them all and played them if I had more space.

gaby_gabito

gaby_gabito said:

@tchaten street fighter is my all time favorite fighting game. i wonder why more fighting games haven't followed this model. i find it much more fun than injustice although it doesn't have the current graphics, of course. you won't regret it ;)

Alshain01

Alshain01 said:

Still waiting on ANYTHING from the Zelda franchise on the Virtual Console. At this point I might even take the Adventures of Link. What is it with Nintendo, it's one of the top two franchises and they don't want to make money off of it?

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

...Whelp, looks like I'm going to buy yet another version of Street Fighter!

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

I'm gonna have to pass for now due to a lack of funds, but as soon as possible I'm downloading Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting because that's the only iteration of the three SF2's I haven't played yet.

tchaten

tchaten said:

@gaby_gabito thanks - I just finished the story mode of Injustice last night. 5 hours and 20 minutes to get through something I bought several months ago - I guess I can only handle so much of a fighting game at a time - really enjoyed it though!

tchaten

tchaten said:

@Alshain01 They did put 2 Zelda games on VC a few months ago - but that said I really want A Link to the Past on 3DS or Wii U (Both please?)

tchaten

tchaten said:

@Alshain01 fair enough - it was hinted that A Link to the Past is coming to Wii U VC before the end of the year (there was some VC launch trailer that had it in it) - you could always hop into Wii mode - there are lots of Zelda games there - not what you want to hear I know ...

Salnax

Salnax said:

As something of a series noob whose only played the 3DS version of IV, which version of Street Fighter would be the best choice?

Thanks in advance.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

@leon_x I know, right?!!!

And Recca? They released that trailer yesterday that got me all excited and then... nothing. Yeah, I know it was from Nintendo of Europe... but still.

Alshain01

Alshain01 said:

@tchaten Nah, I've never bought anything on the Wii even when I had a Wii (gave it to my sister). Not gonna start now, I'll just wait. I'm just surprised that I'm waiting so long for such a big franchise. But I just bought Skyward Sword to at least keep me busy till WWHD. I know the rumors, but it was speculation from a video which was probably thrown together by their marketing from the SNES or Wii VC.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Massive list of games.... still with more than 60% saying nothing for me this week. Ouch. I'll pick up Ninja Gaiden 2 down the road, but gotcha catch up on my eshop downloads first. Too many unplayed still sitting on the 3DS.

edcomics

edcomics said:

Does anyone know if this version of Super Street Fighter II includes a Turbo mode? I remember that for the PC, Super Street Fighter II Turbo was its own entity, and I'm not going to buy this game if it doesn't have Turbo.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

The bundle seems a bit pointless to me, although Turbo and Super have some features that might warrant a buy one get one free. I still have my SNES carts for all 3 games so will only pay the £1.50 to upgrade the best one, SSF2

edcomics

edcomics said:

@Zodiak13 Yeah, I see that now. It's a real shame. I just can't justify buying this game without Akuma and the Turbo mode. I'd really like to have a copy of SSF2T somehow, even for the 3DS or something.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

@Tasuki Yeah, but you know Capcom. The fact that they most likely planned out out the three Street Fighter II games for the Wii U before they made that statement contradicts themselves, regardless if it meant a new Street Fighter game or not.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

Ninja Gaiden II for me this week. I'm proud to say I actually beat the original for the first time in my life just a couple of weeks ago. I did not have the patience growing up to see it through. Anyone who likes a challenge should get 1 and 2.

MAB

MAB said:

I'm downloading Blacklist, Giana Sisters and The New Challengers right at this moment and the discounted W101 tomorrow... It's a WiiU blowout for EU this week ;)

rdrunner1178

rdrunner1178 said:

Cool! Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden. Man, I need to get a couple of those Ubisoft games on sale before it's too late.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Captain_Gonru - I have a 4GB in there now that I used for the Wii to Wii U transfer, but you still need to keep that free space in the actual Wii storage and load off the card, yes? I'll try it again later before I say more. I would have gladly given up 2GB of WiiU space for Wiiware and VC though.

Oh, funny thing, I only did the transfer to get my 200 points over to buy Trine 2. Don't know why 200 points couldn't transfer to $1.99 in eShop. What's the point in having a Nintendo NETWORK ID if there isn't any actual networking going on? Wouldn't happen to know any thing to spend 200 points on in the Wii would you? :-)

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Thinking of getting Virtue's Last Reward but not sure I will like it since I never played the first one.

Ryno

Ryno said:

I prefer SSF II: Turbo but might pick up Super SSF II at 50% to support Capcom and VC sales. .

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Those thinking of getting Virtue's Last Reward, FYI that there's a save game corrupting bug which can be avoided if you know the safe places to save. Awesome game, just need to be careful and do some research online!

I'm upgrading my Wii SF2T this week and getting the 50% deal on SSF2!

MonocledMetroid

MonocledMetroid said:

@rjejr I believe Mega Man 9 and 10, as well as those Bust-A-Move and Bubble Bobble remakes have some DLC that's 200 points, and that's all I can really think of.

Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King said:

@Fast_45er Well, with Street Fighter out the way (Apart from SNES Alpha 2), there's more chance of those hopefully (Though I see MM5 and 6 more likely to be the next MM games on Wii U...)

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Noboy will buy 3 SFII, only the people will get SSFII (without online enabled because it isn´t the Genesis version).

Ryno

Ryno said:

@edcomics: Super Street Fighter II has a 3 star turbo or speed select option on the title screen buy pressing right 1, 2, or 3 times.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

Ninja Gaiden 2 and nothing else. I was hoping for more than 1 NES VC game for the 3DS this week. Still waiting for Summer Carnival '92 RECCA, Star Soldier, Solomon's Key, and River City Ransom. At least we have a NES VC game EU doesn't for once.

NINTENBOY

NINTENBOY said:

It's cool we finally got the street fighter games but of course they should have been there day one and added in online multilayer and leader boards. THAT would be worth $8 bucks each!

I don't like to complain but I'm just saying, Capcom you need to step it up man.

Caryslan

Caryslan said:

@NINTENBOY To be fair to Capcom, how many other VC games by Nintendo or other companies add leaderboards or online play? Capcom is far from alone on this one.

Sega is probably the most ambitious company when it comes to adding new features to their VC ports.

element187

element187 said:

What is the difference between the three Street Fighters?

I might get virtues last reward.

Rafie

Rafie said:

@element187 Characters, tweaks in physics and gameplay, and updated graphics. Super Street Fighter 2 is the best version to get. Virtues Last Reward is an excellent game as well. You'll enjoy it.

Rafie

Rafie said:

@dadajo LOL Well Capcom thought they were slick by releasing 3 versions of this game. The first game SF: World Warriors is the original with just 8 characters. Then the Hyper version added the 4 bosses to the character roster with an option to adjust the speed at which the game can run. Lastly you got SSF2 with the 4 new characters (Cammy, Fei Long, Dee Jay, and T. Hawk)

Yeah I think I'm going with JUST SSF2. LOL

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Finally Phineas & Ferb 3DS!! I'm downloading it early sept gotta get e-shop cash lol. XD

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

burninmylight

burninmylight said:

@rjejr:
I know, right!? I went to download La Mulana on WiiWare the other day (HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT GAME) hoping the Wii Mode would take advantage of all the storage available on the Wii U, but it's still limited to that measly 512MB. Why the heck is the Wii treated like the barsteward slave child of the Wii U's system? Why can't it use some of the 32GB storage and the games I've downloaded be right there on the main screen?

Furthermore, how come I can rearrange the layout of my WiiWare/VC games in Wii mode, but I can't move crap around on the Wii U's screen? Bass ackwards, Nintendo.

Captain_Gonru

Captain_Gonru said:

@rjejr FFCC: My Life as a Dark Lord accessories?
I stuck a 16 GB card in when I got the system at launch (Target had them on sale), and haven't really thought about it since.
I would hope the points get integrated into the eShop whenever the inevitable merger of the eShop and WiiShop occurs. Perhaps take a page from Microsoft and the XBLA change-over? I would think it would be easier, as Nintendo's points were basically one point = 1¢.

Captain_Gonru

Captain_Gonru said:

@burninmylight Wait, why can't you rearrange your Wii U menu? You move the tiles around the same way you do on the 3DS. Hold the stylus on the item you want to move until it "detaches", then drag it to the new spot. I'm more curious as to how you're reorganizing the Wii Menu. The inability to do that used to drive me nuts.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

VLR for $25 is a steal. By far one of the best games on the system.

Definitely looking forward to getting Ninja Gaiden 2 soon.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@SmaMan
No, "Street Fighter II Turbo" has turbo with the stars. But this game, "SUPER Street Fighter II", does not. There was actually a SUPER Street Fighter II Turbo game, but it never came to the SNES. I believe that is the game he/she is referring to.

Ryno

Ryno said:

@JaxonH: You can adjust some speed in Super Street Fighter II by pressing right on the title screen.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@element187
Street Fighter II was released first, then Street Fighter II Turbo was released, and then SUPER Street Fighter II was released last out of the three.

Street Fighter II is the most basic, and the pace of gameplay is noticeably slow for a fighter (was fine at the time, but games have sped up since the 90s). It has 8 playable characters if I'm not mistaken. The most primitive of the three, but a true classic and the core game that made the franchise world-famous.

Street Fighter II Turbo is basically the same game as Street Fighter II, but has a "turbo" option at the title screen which allows you to speed up gameplay up to five stars. This game (when maxed out on turbo speed) is the fastest of the three, and has 12 playable characters: the original 8 plus 4 boss characters including Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M. Bison.

SUPER Street Fighter II improves the game even further, and is the most well rounded and critically acclaimed of the three. The speed isn't adjustable as in the Turbo Edition, but is considerably faster paced than the original (but not quite as fast paced as the Turbo Edition maxed out at full speed). The game has the 12 characters from Turbo Edition, plus 4 new characters- Dee Jay, Cammy, T. Hawk and Fei Long. The game also adds some new moves for several characters, including some which differentiate Ryu and Ken.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

The Wii U VC no longer matters to me....Re-releasing already available titles on the Wii VC isn't exactly exciting. Been there, played that, whatever. Earthbound Marks the first new VC release, still waiting for the next! :P Mario Paint, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Mega Man 6,7, Gargoyles Quest II, TMNT III: The Manhatten Project, Mega Man X3 ect ect.

Also, Ninja gaiden II rocked! It's only downside is the Ryu 'Ninja orange soda' clone item....it can really get in the way of gameplay, and makes for one confusing Hyabusa monster mess!

Stage 3-1 was amazing! Love this particular 8-bit Ninja track.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@burninmylight
I don't think we have anything to complain about personally. At least the Wii U HAS backwards compatibility- something that Sony and MS could take notes on.
The Wii BC is exactly like having a Wii built into your Wii U- nothing more, nothing less. The Wii designated 512mb of space for channels- anything more had to be put on SD card. Same applies for the Wii OS environment on Wii U.

512mb held ALOT of games for me, but if it's not enough, can't you just move them to SD? I have over 100 Wii VC games, many of them the larger files of N64 games, and they still all fit on an 8gb card. Wii U is compatible with up to 32gb cards, which sell for less than $20 now. I'd recommend getting a 16gb or 32gb card, and you'll never have to worry about space again.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

@JaxonH
Dude, I have both games in their original cartridges and on the VC. SSF2 has turbo by doing what I explained earlier. 'Nuff said.

burninmylight

burninmylight said:

@Captain_Gonru:

You know, I've tried a hundred times to move around files on the Wii U, but it never worked for me until I used the stylus and let it hover over the icon without moving instead of trying to move it immediately. Sometimes it's the simplest little things that make the difference. Thanks for pointing that out.

On the Wii, you grab an icon/channel with A+B. Easy-peezy.

burninmylight

burninmylight said:

@JaxonH:

Having to play a puzzle game in and of itself to manage files between the on-board Wii memory and SD cards was a pain when the Wii was in its heyday, and it's a pain now that Nintendo could have fixed. At the very least, Nintendo could have given the Wii emulator access to some of that extra flash memory sitting right there. Why should I have to invest in an extra SD card when I already have more space on the same console? That money could be applied toward more actual games.

Equally frustrating is the way the Wii shop is a separate entity from the Wii U shop, even though it's all right there on the same console. I'm so thankful Nintendo made the common sense decision to allow us to pay exact price for games instead of having to buy them in specific $5/$10/$20 increments, but it's another thing that makes the Wii Shop issues all the more glaring. If Nintendo would have just combined the two and/or updated the Wii Shop to let you pay the exact price of the game you want, I'd be quicker to invest in more games. I can't stand having unused points just sitting there.

Having backwards compatibility is great and all, but that doesn't mean that Nintendo's solution toward it is above criticism because the competition is going without it.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I may get SSFII as I had the cart and played it a lot. And if I decide to get another SF, I would actually pick The World Warrior, as it is the first port of SFII on a home console.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@burninmylight
I see your point, but I guess I'm just an optimist. There's always stuff that could be better, but I just choose to see the bright side of things. Bright side being, an 8gb card is less than $10, and me personally, I just move all my games to SD so they're not mixed and matched between the Wii menu and SD. Yes, the BC could have been better, but it could have been worse too, right?

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@SmaMan
Easy does it friend. You're right, my mistake. It's easy to get confused with all the different versions there are, and it's been like 15 years since I played them.

coolvw93

coolvw93 said:

Decent week, especially with the fact virtues last reward is on here, i might go ahead and get it later.
Other than that, I was hoping for Tecmo Bowl or Super Mario Bros 3 for 3ds vc this week.....

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@Ryno @Ryno

Does the top speed in Super equal that of the top speed in Turbo?
The original version and especially turbo were two of my most played SNES games...Yet by the time Super was released i was officially burnt out on SF. I didn't give a booger pizza about the addition of Cammie, Felong, T.Hawk and DJ. Didn't enjoy playing as any of them. I think it's a safe call on this one, turbo it tis' B-) Ahem, i mean...On my Wii VC. :p

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Captain_Gonru - Yes, you could always move Wii tiles w/ A+B on the Wii using the Wiimote. I don't know about the Wii U, I've only had it 10 days, but using the stylus method is weird after 6 years of the A+B button combo. I'm not sure how the Wii within the Wii U works. Well besides not to my liking, but I hate everything.

jtarr523

jtarr523 said:

Anybody know if that infamous save glitch for the Zero Escape still exists? Did they update it or something?

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

#84 WaveBoy I totall agree with you. I´m not excited to see all the same games that we have years ago in the Wii in Wii U. I´m a VC lover but only Wii and 3DS because the Wii U VC is a dissapointment.

Even if the Wii doesn´t has discounts I preffered it because it has more than NES and SNES games that are very difficult to get in another way (In Mexico its impossible to get a Turbografx or a NeoGeo).

Nictendo64

Nictendo64 said:

I feel Nintendo needs to do something new besides recycle games that I can already buy from the Wii Shop Channel. Which is already accessible on the Wii U. GBA and DS games would be nice.

Frostfyr

Frostfyr said:

About Virtue's Last Reward on the eShop:
The official Aksys Games Facebook says "The save glitch in the PEC room has been addressed in the eShop version."
Also, if you're going to get it digital, you better do it quick. Aksys' website says "Get Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward for only $24.99 from now until September 3, 2013!"

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

I wish we'd see something not previously released in some form a half-dozen times. I know Dreamcast isn't on the Wii U VC roster (heck, right now only NES & SNES are), but if an old Street Fighter title is going to be released, how about something that's only seen the light of day once: Street Fighter III: Double Impact (New Generation & 2nd Impact). In the absence of many releases and much excitement, it might generate more interest in Wii U to see more than the same old titles.

Look at all the excitement EarthBound generated! Wii U needs more of that, but releasing the same old same old all the time isn't going to do it. There must be 5 or 6 versions of SF II already in Wii VC.

Nintendo even could've made a killing if it motivated Capcom to put an arcade-perfect SF II version on Wii U e-Shop. And, think how mind-blowing it'd be for a Nintendo fan to play the original Street Fighter Alpha arcade game, after that whole series being on PSOne! Instead, it's the same SF IIs, and we still don't even have Dungeons & Dragons yet. 😡

Nothing is going to change for Wii U if Nintendo refuses to do any more than the status quo, and I consider these re-releases of games already on Wii VC (and 3DS VC) to be status quo.

Nico07

Nico07 said:

@burninmylight You are awesome, I've played the Wii for years and had resolved that moving channel tiles was impossible. You've made my day in proving me wrong. But yeah I figured out how to move Wii U tiles pretty quickly. You can actually just use your finger holding down the tile for about two seconds until it unlocks.

Ryno

Ryno said:

@WaveBoy: The Ninja Gaiden II 3-2 Theme is one of my favorite Ninja Gaiden, if not overall NES songs. The only problem is it is to short.

As for Street Fighter II, I think I am going to pick up Turbo and Super. I prefer Turbo more but Super is different enough. Plus, I want to support Capcom on the Wii U VC and also support the sales when available. With Turbo you can go up to 10 stars with the code and Super you can only go to like 3 or 4 so Turbo is definitely faster. Don't you miss codes at the beginning of games?

I wonder what is going to become of the Wii U VC? No signs of Konami yet and who knows about other systems beyond the NES and SNES (which is what really matters anyway) and GBA.

element187

element187 said:

@Alshain01 Expect to see Zelda related VC games on Wii U in the run up to Wind Waker's release.... They will use their classics to market their newer titles. guarantee it.... a link to the past will come out just before the new 3DS sequel, etc.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

The VC is dead? It's only been out for less than a year and it got three releases today...

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

I'll rather wait for SNES games to come on the 3DS than buy the SFII games on the Wii U now. Same goes for EarthBound. I'll be picking up Ninja Gaiden somewhat soon... but I'd rather beat the first one before buying the second one...

Wario Land 3 is coming next week, so I think that Recca or SMB3 will come out the following week, and the other one of those two the week after that. I have no issue with one Virtual Console release a week, even if it's bad. As long as they don't release nothing but terrible VC games two months in a row, I'd be fine. I don't honestly care about Star Soldier, Blaster Master, or Trip World. River City Ransom and Solomon's Key, though... We don't want Nintendo to burn through their entire NES Game Selection, so it's best to wait for the games a couple of weeks than whine when they're coming.

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

@Rockman_Onion The D-pad and the L button at the same time? You do realize that the Wii U has the same exact button layout as the 3DS only bigger and more spread apart, right? If you could do it on the Wii U, then it's a million times easier to use it on the 3DS. By the way, there is a Circle Pad.