Feature: Nintendo Characters Looking for Love

Posted by Philip J Reed

PRAY FOR A TRUE LOVE IN SPACE

About me

I'm a lone wolf. I keep to myself, and I trust no one. My thoughts are my own, and I express myself through my accomplishments and my firepower. For a long time everybody wondered why I never talked, then I opened my mouth and revealed that I'm an insecure whiny wimp with the vocal delivery of somebody who's succumbing gradually to a heavy anesthetic. Now nobody wants me to talk anymore, and that's just fine by me.

Location: Where no one can hear you scream.
Ethnicity: Honorary Chozo.
Hair: Serious case of helmet head.
Eyes: X-Ray, Thermal, Scan.
Occupation: Bounty Hunter.

I would like to meet: Somebody who is comfortable with my unpredictable work schedule. It's hard enough being a bounty hunter and having to accept jobs whenever they become available, but it gets even more complicated when I'm assigned brand new missions that are somehow meant to take place between two old jobs that I've done already, a long time ago. I don't get it. Oh, and my Irish cousin Seamus Aaron.

I like to play the following sports: I spend my life spelunking through treacherous, repetitive death caverns, getting slowly pecked to death by giant cockroach soldiers and bloodsucking jellyfish. Do you really think I get home and want to play sports?

My exercise regime consists of: Screw Attacking like mad through every living thing that I see because by the time I get that upgrade I'm sick to death of exploring and just want to get the heck out.

My favourite music: "Mother" by Pink Floyd, "Other M" by Ink P Loyd F, The Mamas and The Papas and The Baby Metroid.

My favourite movie: The Crying Game, The Man with Two Mother Brains.

My favourite TV show: Adam-12.

My dream is to: Start an adventure with all of the upgrades I risked life and limb to earn in my previous one. I know, I'm so selfish, right?

On a first date I'd like to: Take it easy for once, maybe just drift aimlessly through space for a while and admire strange worlds from a distance for a change. Also, since you finished reading my profile fast enough, I can reveal that I'm actually a woman.

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

Dude I am all over Link.

"Honey, it doesn't do me any good unless I can have the whole thing."

Oh yeah, he's so fabulous~ n_n All my heart container are belong to you Link~

We have so much in common I just know it'll work out :*
we'll have to work on those horrible puns though...

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Kinda harsh on Samus, there, weren'cha? Ah well. I still take her out of the selections, but also take Pikachu for a loving pet.

Of those not listed, I choose Tifa Lockhart, Sheena Fujibayashi, and, of course, Shantae. ;)

Late

Late said:

These were really awesome! Tingle's page was just what I expected xD

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

I wonder if Pit has a sister... Also, I think he should go out with Samus. That would be an interesting sight. XD

Noire

Noire said:

Dear lord, was that a Sonichu reference in there? D:

Tingle's was definitely my favorite, I can totally see him writing a profile like that lol. Mega Man's was fantastic too.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

This is the coolest feature to come on on this site in a long time. Pit needs some more love!

Where's Wario's profile? Surely he needs to share the love too.

SegaGamer93

SegaGamer93 said:

What an interesting article. I dont see Amy from the Sonic series there.... but oh well. Happy Valentines Day to all!

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

These are great. SO MANY PUNS WITH PIT THOUGH... It's hilarious but painful. I can't believe I didn't see the bird one coming.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I'm working on a mixed tape right now for Tingle. Poor guy - music is the food of love! :*

Squid

Squid said:

Well there's no way anyone would take someone who hasn't ever played unicycle hockey. What a loser. :P

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

My favourite music: "Angel" by Shaggy, "Cupid, Draw Back Your Bow" by Sam Cooke, "Cupid, Reclaim the Three Sacred Treasures and Fight Some Eggplants" by Palutena. Palutena writes music? @NintyFan I'm honestly surprised that Pit even got a profile, considering how "new" (not technically but you get my point) he is. And I think we all know what Wario loves.

Bazly

Bazly said:

Man Phil you are just all about the puns eh? :P

I think there should have been some gay profiles... though I mean look at the way Pit dresses... come on now... he's totally mine. :D

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Wait... that Pikachu is a male, because it doesn't have a notch on its tail! Does that mean... D:

But more importantly, /me contacts SMEXIZELDAMAN about the Tingle section

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Samus, I'll be your huckleberry! You can screw attack me like mad anytime... :O (thinking back to enemies being blown up into a million pieces by it in the past) Or, perhaps not.

Intriguing to think of the lingerie Samus would wear under her Power Suit on Valentine's Day! (always incentive to finish a Metroid as quickly as possible). Her job would probably be rough on a pair of stockings though. :P

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

And back away, all you other ladies, Link is mine!

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Haha Great work on Tingle Chicken. I feel it wasn't as accurate as it could be though since I saw a distinct lack of :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :*

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Lol! That was hilarious! Really fun read,
Oh Samus! Don't worry, I can accommodate for any schedule you have!

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Glad you all enjoyed. This was a blast to write. A few of you mentioned other profiles we could have done, and believe me, we considered them!

We had to save a few for next year though!

@Bensei:
Isn't Cpt. Olimar married already?

Read a little further. :)

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

*Buneary searches for Sonic

Buneary: Bun Bun Buneary
Sonic: Whoa, hold on a sec. I can't understand you.
Buneary: BUN-EARY!

*Buneary clobbers Sonic with Dizzy Punch.

Cloud-San-VII

Cloud-San-VII said:

HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! What about Zelda, Peach, Sonic, Mewtwo, Bowser, Cloud, Fi, Midna, Navi, Ash, Sephiroth, Sora, Riku, Kirby, Yoshi, Ganondorf, Vaati, Demise, Misty, May, Brock, Roxas, Riku, Sheik, Roy, Marth, Ike, Cosmos, Zant, ROB, King Boo, Wario, Waluigi, Master Hand, Tom Nook, Fox, Ridley, Wolf, Slippy, Captain Falcon, Issac, Starfy, Lucas, Ness, Saki, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, Pokemon Trainer, Meta Knight, Snake, Ice Climbers, King Dedede, Mew Mii, Game and Watch, Sakari, Iwata, and Miyatamoto. Or ya'know you could just use some of them next time (aka: the next holiday thing you do).

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Great read, Chicken. Best feature I've read in a while.

Also, CommandgirlVideo is the only one for me (it's OK because CV's dead and she's a lonely widow).

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

Great read, im going to say something similar to Oddy. Best read for laughs in a bit, but i expect it to change in a week or so when NL comes out with another work of gaming literature in one way or another=)

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Seriously guys, only one female to like ten males? Where's Peach and Daisy, or even Rosalina for that matter?

Tsukun

Tsukun said:

"I like to play the following sports: Basketball. I've got a killer hookshot!"

And that was where I fell over laughing.

Noire

Noire said:

Oh no, an article on NL that doesn't specifically cater to the ravenous needs of boys~

Those who whine are deepest in the closet. ^__^

besides in the end, it doesn't matter if they're all men or women, Mr. Brutus wrote them all so it's really him you're crushing on

Ultra128

Ultra128 said:

That was pretty epic, but I do agree with StarDust; you could've put more females, like Zelda/Sheik.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

This was too much awesome for me to handle yesterday. Guys, CB, you’ve outdone yourselves once again. :* It will be very hard to chose characters and make something this good next year. With the other characters already mentioned, Mallo, Nikki, Resetti, Tom Nook, K.K. Slider, … there are no limits, really.
I cry foul at profile number nine though. That’s not a game character, it’s nl-users! :o It made for an amazing change of style though that gives this Feature the last bit of epic. HoF and wtf status . easily.

• Didn’t like Pickachu’s first but it’s grown on me.
  • Man, Luigi’s a character I can relate to so well.
  • S.A. + S.B. = ♥♥♥, make it happen!
  • I was certain Mega Man would listen to Rush. I’m crushed now and will never play or buy any new Mega Man game! As if there’d ever be one…
  • Glad you avoided the overly-obvious “lay pipes” with Mario and not involved the timeline for Link..
  • Sure Samus also likes Other M by Anzig D, Olimar Clayman by In Flames and Pit Angel’s Holocaust by Iced Earth :)

@Lordlz(#63): Just wait until you play Uprising … :o

TwilightPoint

TwilightPoint said:

I would have to choose link, then he can take me on an adventure to save princess zelda. :)
...And when he saves her I can just take Zelda by the hand and sneak through the back door :D

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

"Basketball. I've got a killer hookshot!" Oh no you didn't...

Some of your best work here Brutus. Great work again. I bet it's a lot better writing when you haven't been forced through a 1* game.

Lobster

Lobster said:

This was truly fantastic. At the very least, best thing I've read all month. :D

AutumnShantel

AutumnShantel said:

How did I miss that, the "Mother" and "Other M" thing was really clever, and PF is my favorite band :)

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

the "Mother" and "Other M" thing was really clever

Thanks, that was one of the things I was most proud of. :)