Competition Winners: Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Is it a-you?

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the release of Super Mario Bros. and the North American debut of the NES, we ran a competition to give away a free 500-point NES title for Virtual Console to each of twenty-five winners, the selection of the game being their choice.

Almost a thousand users entered, so we'd like to congratulate the 25 lucky contestants who overcame the odds. They are:

ballkirby1
shantaego64
soniczelda dude
TheSSNintendo
Vantes
Wildflower
WolfRamHeart

Thanks to all who entered and congratulations to the winners. We'll be contacting you shortly to get your friend codes and game selection, so keep an eye on that inbox. Commiserations to those who missed out, better luck next time!

SuperPeach

SuperPeach said:

Aw didn't win. Congrats to the people that did though. I'm amazed I've actually heard of a few people on there. :D

pixelman

pixelman said:

CMD-F pixelman.

...

Darn!

lol, grats guys! Nice to see a bunch of NL regulars win for a change. :)

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

It's just as well that i didn't win. I like games with save features, games like Super Mario World. :)

Congrats to all who won!

Why did it take so long to post the results? I understand a few days, but A WEEK, Wow! :o

ReddLionz

ReddLionz said:

You may have won the battle, RedLemon, but I will win...the next battle.
grumble grumble

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Hooray, I actually won! Thanks so much Nintendo Life! Congratulations to all the other winners as well!:)

Knux

Knux said:

Congratulations, winners! [Also congratulations, WolfRamHeart!] :)

Objection

Objection said:

Conmgrats all who won. Now watch your back, that I don't consume you and where your skin to take your prizes. ;)

FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT said:

Omg I won! That's awesome thanks so much! Now I can't complain that I never win anything anymore haha. Hmmm what to get... A SMB game would be obvious, but I will probably pick up that 25th anniversary pack, hmmmm

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

For I minute there, I thought I won. I was foiled again by my doppleganger Wildflower! Oh well, congrats to those who did win.

Buster13

Buster13 said:

Is it because I got the question wrong?

Just kidding. Congraturations to the winners.

jayo

jayo said:

Darn, didn't win! Well, not like there were any NES games that i didn't have. I probably would've gotten Donkey Kong or Wario's Woods...

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Congradulations, winners! I thought my chances were good for a crowd out of twenty five contestants, but I guess this wasn't my winning contest. Good for ballkirby, koops, and WolfRamHeart too, the ones I'm familar with.

Mark_M

Mark_M said:

I cracked up at "Markystal"

I'm never going to win any freebies : )

Congratulations.

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

Yay, I won something for a change! lol

Guess I better look through the list of VC NES games now...

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Congrats to all of our winners. I know you put a lot of hard, strenuous work to win this contest but--wait, what?

I've just been told you put absolutely no effort into winning this contest, and the winners were just picked randomly. Well in that case I retract my congratulatory remarks. You all make me absolutely sick.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Congratulations to all of you that won! I reconized a few names there too. Only two winners are people who signned up around the same time as this contest started so its nice to see that all the people who just registered for the prize didnt win like I thought would happen.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

You spelled one of the names wrong. It's supposed to be "PSICOffee" :D. I'm actually a little relieved I didn't win to be honest, as I can't possibly think of any NES game for 500 points I'd get that I don't already have! :<

Vantes

Vantes said:

Oh.em.gee. It is indeed a-meeeeeeeee! NintendoLife continues to be my favorite gaming site! :D

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

Congrats, winners! This was actually the one contest I was REALLY crossing my fingers on XD hehe, I think it was exciting because you guys are letting the winners choose which game they want, thats SUCH a cool prize.

Azikira

Azikira said:

Congrats to the winners! X3 Darn now I must somehow obtain 500 points to get Super Mario Bros

JustaGerm

JustaGerm said:

Where's Me? Why isn't Me on the list? That sucks how Me isn't on the list.

I'm uber happy for the winners!

GamesX99

GamesX99 said:

Congratulations to all...I wonder if any of those people joined the day of the contest

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Congrats Wolframheart, Link-Hero, ballkirby, and everyone else who i don't know.

Ah, well, next time!

Noire

Noire said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahh-wait-no. Where's my name?

cries

Oh and... congrats for winning, people who did. I hate you think you all deserve it~

StuffyStuff

StuffyStuff said:

Very cool. It's always nice to win stuff, especially in these tough times. Thumbs up to NL for being so generous.

cyphid

cyphid said:

I am soooooo happy to win! I never thought I would win! Thank You so mucho Nintendolife!

James

James said:

Congratulations to everyone who won and thanks to everyone else for taking it in such good grace!

invmat

invmat said:

Congrats to the winners! It is indeed nice to see some well-known users won.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Congrats y'all. Gee..... Now I want more contests like these, NL. Mind if we have another one, NL? :)

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

I know three of those people! Well done to the winners, enjoy your prizes!

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

A Super-Groovy Congrats to everyone who won! Like has been said many times, use your points wisely. Have fun! :)

@ballkirby1: Winter Warlock from Rankin Bass Santa Clause Is Coming To Town is the quote origin.

Rensch

Rensch said:

Congrats to the winners.

But when is the European contest you promised coming up.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Heh I entered the contest on accident. Wasn't expecting to win anyway. But congrats to all you wieners (winners) out there! :D

Percentful

Percentful said:

Congrats to the winners!
I may not have won, but I'm glad that I actually know some of the people that did.

Link-Hero

Link-Hero said:

@StarBoy91

I just found out a few minutes ago after I looked at my email about this.;)

Also... I totaly forgot about this contest. I just joined for the heck of it, and I'm now one of the top 25 winners.:D

darklinkinfinite

darklinkinfinite said:

Yay! I won! :D

I had to go with Super C because of all the great memories (of never making it past the first level) I have from when I was a kid and since I have Mario All-Stars pre-orderd so getting a Mario game wouldn't make much sense.

Anyways, I think it'd be interesting to see what the other 24 winners chose for their game.

shantaego64

shantaego64 said:

I WON THE CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Zach

Zach said:

Attn winners: If you have not received an email stating that you've won the contest, please email admin@nintendolife.com. If you have received one and not yet responded because you are picking a game or figuring out your friend code, please e-mail us and let us know the status. Thanks!