We've just got word from the Big N that the Nintendo Switch has become the fastest-selling home video game system of all time in the U.S. While this is obviously amazing news, this line in the press release about upcoming third party support really stood out to us:
This year, Nintendo Switch owners can look forward to Nintendo-published games like Kirby Star Allies, Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2 and a new game starring Yoshi. Fans can also expect continued support from major publishers such as EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Capcom, SEGA, Take 2 and Bethesda, plus a growing catalog of quality content from indie developers.
Which games those third parties could realistically consider porting to the Switch is another matter, but older games like Red Dead Redemption seem like likely candidates. Here are some of the key franchises from each of those publishers for your consideration:
- EA - FIFA, Madden, Star Wars, Battlefield
- Activision - Call of Duty, Overwatch, Destiny
- Ubisoft - Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy, Rayman, The Crew, Watch Dogs
- Capcom - Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter
- SEGA - Sonic, Persona, Yakuza
- Take 2 - NBA, WWE, Mafia, BioShock, GTA (Rockstar), Red Dead (Rockstar)
- Bethesda - Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Dishonored, Evil Within
Let us know what you think of this continued third party support for Switch with a comment below.