Nintendo Download: 13th February (Europe)

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The Doctor's in, Bumpie's Party gets started again, Inazuma, LEGO and more

Update:

We have now updated UK prices via the Nintendo UK press release. We'd also like to apologies for confusion with the headline date, now fixed.

Original Article:

The download update for Europe is in, as always, and this week brings a range of retail titles and promotions, with the Wii U benefiting from a double promotional dose of puzzle gaming. Please note these details are from the mainland Europe press release (thanks NintenDaan) as the UK equivalent hasn't yet arrived; once it does UK prices will be added.

Wii U eShop

Spin the Bottle (KnapNok Games, €8.99 / £8.00) — This title's unique pricing scheme kicks off this week with the arrival of additional minigames. Existing owners will receive a free update, yet those buying for the first time will pay slightly more than the original launch price. If you're looking for off-the-wall multiplayer fun this may be the game for you, as our Spin the Bottle review explains.

Wii U Virtual Console

Dr. Mario (Nintendo, €4.99 / £3.49) — The classic NES version of the puzzle game lands on the Wii U, bringing some retro "vitamin capsule" colour matching to the latest home console. It's the first appearance of this version on the Virtual Console, with WiiWare getting a fresh release and the Game Boy iteration landing on the 3DS; we'll see whether it's just what the doctor ordered in our upcoming review. This is the US version of the game.

Wii U Retail Download

The LEGO Movie Videogame (WB Games, €39.99 / £34.99) — Available from 14th February.

Wii U eShop Promotion

3DS Retail Download

Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks (Level-5, €34.99 / £29.99) — This title arrives as the third variation of Inazuma Eleven 3, taking large parts of the content seen in the Lightning Bomb and Bomb Blast iterations released in Europe in September 2013. The differences are more pronounced than those between the original two versions, and we'll give our view on whether this is worth a punt in our upcoming review.

The LEGO Movie Videogame (WB Games, €39.99 / 34.99) — Available from 14th February.

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! (D3 Publisher, €39.99 / £34.99)

Spot the Differences! (Bigben Interactive, €9.99 / £8.99)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Ent., €2.99 / £2.69 until 20th February, normally €3.99 / £3.59)

Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Ent., €2.99 / £2.69 until 20th February, normally €3.99 / £3.59)

Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games, €0.99 / £0.89 until 12th March, normally €2.99 / £2.69)

3DS Retail Demo

Game Festival 1 (Bigben Interactive, free)

That's another week of download goodies, Europe. Let us know if you're planning to pick any of these up in the poll and comments below.

What will you be downloading first this week? (178 votes)

Spin the Bottle (Wii U eShop new + update)

Dr. Mario (Wii U Virtual Console)

11%

The LEGO Movie Videogame (Wii U retail download)

Dr Luigi (Wii U promotion to receive Dr. Mario free)

Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks (3DS retail download)

The LEGO Movie Videogame (3DS retail download)

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! (3DS retail download)

Spot the Differences! (3DS retail download)

Sweet Memories Blackjack (3DS eShop temporary discount)

Brunch Panic (3DS eShop temporary discount)

Darts Up 3D (3DS eShop temporary discount)

Just the Game Festival 1 demo for me

Nothing for me this week

58%

Please login to vote in this poll.

santaglause

santaglause said:

With the lack of retail games you would think they would buck up their ideas, i'm sick of being kicked in the junk!

Emblem

Emblem said:

Just free Dr Mario for me. I'll wait for the lego movie review, if its good I'll go retail so I can trade it when I'm done.

Shambo

Shambo said:

HIKWDYSOG in Europe? I've imported the DS version recently, gave up it would ever see the light of day here. Is this download only? Probably is... Isn't it?
Lego Movie game (physical) preordered. Already own a version of Inazuma 3.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

I think i'll wait for a regular discount on Dr. Luigi instead. I'd want to get the Wii VC version of Dr. Mario as well, so it would only be a 1€ discount for me. Not enough to make me consider Dr. Luigi yet.
And woah, just seen Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! finally comes to Europe. Just this morning i was thinking to myself "well, it really makes no sense when the other Adventure Time game was released here." Might get that when it's 15€ some day.

Jese_1

Jese_1 said:

Awesome. So that's 3 weeks now that the 3DS VC hasn't received an update. I'm getting very bored of this.

Will definitely get Dr Mario at some point, but it doesn't exactly make me jump up and scream in excitement.

JohnG

JohnG said:

Yet another week of nothing!
Nintendo are doing nothing to help themselves here.

PAAppleyard

PAAppleyard said:

I would like to see a review of The Lego Movie Videogame. It might be good for all I know.

Emblem

Emblem said:

You guys complaining about the eshop this week, Its worth noting that Nintendo's only major first party Q1 release is next week, they need DK to sell a lot so its obvious they wouldn't put anything special on eshop these last couple weeks.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

As others have pointed out, the Viurtual Console is something that Nintendo should really be pushing on Wii U at the moment. Sure, they probably don't want it to get a reputation as simply being a machine for old games but it would at least demonstrate that they're constantly expanding the catalogue. Three or four a week wouldn't seem like too much.

LunaticPandora

LunaticPandora said:

@Emblem Err, no. I don't think that's stopped them releasing "big" things on the eshop before, and no one is going to choose an eshop title over DKCTF. If the week after DK has absolutely nothing, like these last few, then you will be proved wrong.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Cool deal on Dr. Luigi + Dr. Mario. I might download Dr. Luigi just so I don't have to buy Dr. Mario haha.

Mahe

Mahe said:

@Emblem That's really poor reasoning. The game selection is just too slim, that's just the way it is.

Emblem

Emblem said:

@Mahe @LunaticPandora Your reading what I posted wrong. There is a general lack of games in general as everyone knows, what I'm saying is that the 2-3 weeks before any 1st party release has always been even more spartan than usual.

Sheesh its Monday lighten up :) .

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Another week for saving money. I do like the free Dr. Mario promo though but since I don't have Dr. Luigi I am no interested.

JohnG

JohnG said:

It almost seems as though Nintendo are reluctant to release any VC games.
GB, GBC and GBA have just been drip fed since the eShop started.
What is the point of releasing DS games on VC when there is a much richer back catalogue that is being basically ignored!

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I'll be taking advantage of the free Dr. Mario promo, though I don't imagine I'll play the original NES version as much as Dr. Luigi.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Terrible week yet again, Dr Luigi is to expensive currently for the type of game it is it should of been a £6-9.
@Emblem No the problem is what you are
suggesting is silly.

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

I guess I'll be downloading Dr Mario because of the promotion, thank you Nintendo!

Interestingly low entry price with the Lego Movie videogame. Hopefully it's top class Traveller's Tales production again.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Can Tropical Freeze just be out now so that Nintendo actually starts paying attention to people again :/

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

Free Dr Mario? That's 3 new games this week, then (just bought UnEpic and - finally - Kirby)

Bensei

Bensei said:

What? Adventure Time? Was that actually released in Europe? If not, then this game's more like Phoenix wright, a Retail download exclusive...

SeVok

SeVok said:

The date of the article is wrong, says 6 February, should be 13 February...

Morph

Morph said:

The adventure time game shouldnt be full price, ridiculous pricing, i will wait till it's on sale

element187

element187 said:

"Until 20th February, if you own Dr. Luigi you can download Dr. Mario on the same Wii U (the Virtual Console entry released this week) for free."

Chances of this coming to NA is slim and none. I picked up Dr Luigi, so getting a free NES game would be cool.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

No thanks on Dr. Mario. I have it on Game Boy, Super NES (with Tetris on the same cart) and Dr. Mario Online RX on WiiWare. I've got my medicine thank you.

vicviper

vicviper said:

Total garbage for another week. The heady days, of retro games galore on the Wii, are a long time gone and a quickly fading memory of when we has it good. Only Earthbound has made me sit up over the past 12 months...

Monkeh

Monkeh said:

6th February? I think you made a mistake there. :P

EDIT: Also, nothing for me this week. Not much good coming on the Wii-U eShop lately.

daveh30

daveh30 said:

That Dr. Mario promotion is nice, but it would be even better if owning Dr. Luigi on your Wii U got you a free copy of Dr. Mario for the 3DS VC. hopefully this promotion makes it to NA this week as well.
I'll be picking up the Lego Movie game (saw the movie this past weekend... its hilarious.) but i'll probably end up getting it on PS4 instead of Wii U, just for the trophies. Lego games are always an easy (if time consuming) Platinum...

andbap

andbap said:

It's great that the Adventure Time game is finally being released in Europe. I played it on my NDS and it's a really fun game (think Zelda II but fun). Definitely not worth the full retail price, though... That is a 20€ game tops.

Anguspuss

Anguspuss said:

Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks sorry im confused. Is this just a third version of the same game with a couple of different charecters

Mitsuko_Chan

Mitsuko_Chan said:

I already have Dr. Mario on NES catridge, so i could care less if it doesn't come in the US this week.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@cornishlee Well, are they able to release 3-4 games a week? Even 1st party offerings from other systems like N64 and Gamecube will dry up fairly quickly.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Is this really any surprise? Nintendo has been failing with VC for years.

And in other news, the sun rose in the east today.....

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

I'd get LEGO Movie on download, but I want the mini figure edition so I have to not only get it physically but on PS4 (Wii U & 3DS don't have it).

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Not that I have a need for new VC releases right now but I´m sure plenty of people would welcome those. Is Mario Tennis the only new VC release on 3DS so far this year?

mch

mch said:

@Nintendolife (idea for an article) or anybody
How hard is to make a Wii U enhanced..
..NES VC game?
..SNES VC game?
..N64 VC game?
..GC VC game?
What are the technical issues? How many people would have to work on it? How many hours have to be put in releasing one of these games? (in- or excluding eshop info-texts)

Sceptic

Sceptic said:

Spin the Bottle is actually a great family game. I bought it on a whim due to the sale and we surprisingly spent almost two hours with it.

Certainly isn't much else these days. Way to keep the faith alive, Nintendo.

Vriess

Vriess said:

@mch
If only we could award each others posts mod points. You nailed it! I hope that NintendoLife picks up your suggestion.

supremii

supremii said:

@mch yeah good suggestion!

I'm also disappointed by the lack of (interesting) VC titles. It can't be as difficult because back in the Wii days the cataloque was growing much faster. I'm also disappointed that consumers don't get any information about why only nes games get released. I mean it is not as if the VC was not a selling point of the WiiU.

I have to admit though that without a true account system I'll always be reluctant to buy games digitally (which does not mean that I ignore this option entirely, it's just that I think ten times before actually doing it which has resulted in just buying one game in over half a year).

MeWario

MeWario said:

I'm so over this. Week after week it's just junk. Why do I keep getting my hopes up?

Superryanworld

Superryanworld said:

Wow another disappointing week for Europe virtual console.Something tells me the upcoming us eshope release wont be much better come Thursday.Maybe we will get lucky and get bible adventures or Mario is missing.There is still plenty of unwanted software to put out before we get the goods.

cmk8

cmk8 said:

Disappointing again.
I'll get darts because I love a sale so have to buy something, and I'll get the spin the bottle update.

erv

erv said:

I keep hoping for great retail discounts. Oh well, I'll be thinking about donkey kong next week perhaps.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Rubbish week. I'll just save my cash for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze then.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@rjejr You should be able to use ctrl + alt plus number (Not sure whether it is 4 or 5). Or alt gr if you have it. Shouldn't need that method.

Aaronzord

Aaronzord said:

I'll get Adventure Time when the price gets cut. I wouldn't pay £35.00 if it was a physical release, so no chance for a digital version.

millarrp

millarrp said:

I hope they offer the free Dr Mario for dr Luigi owners in NA.. I had it on the NES back in the day but never got around to getting the virtual console version.,.and I wouldn't object to a free game.

Vallu

Vallu said:

I'm actually glad that there is nothing interesting this week, I alredy spent my money on Virtue's Last Reward and Bit Trip Saga. :D

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

I'm hoping Inazuma is released for the Aussie eShop. Probably won't be though.

AugustusOxy

AugustusOxy said:

Am I the only one annoyed that Inazuma Eleven keeps getting localized but not LBX?

That poll that was done for Level 5 games not too long ago was annoying as hell, Prof Layton shouldn't have even been on the list, it would have came over here regardless. Totally gave LBX a shoddy chance.

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

No Inazuma Eleven for Australia. Oh well, maybe some complaining on the Miiverse community will help?

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

@unrandomsam
Can't remember about Ninja Gaiden, but Simon´s Quest was released in Wii VC ages ago. I was referring to VC releases of games that haven't been released on previous Nintendo download services.

__efac

efac said:

Ouch!

I am sad to say this, but I am quite glad I can use the money I put on my Wii U quite some time ago on my 3DS. It has been sat there waiting for VC releases that just haven't come (although I did buy Earthbound day 1).

At least I can use it now to buy something for the 3DS, and I think it is a shame I have to say that.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@unrandomsam - re € - Yeah I tried a whole bunch of those combos and none of them worked. I think I might need to change my keyboard to international or something, but I cant be bothered. And I hate to admit it as someone who has owned a home computer since 1983 but I don't know what key "gr" is.

Ruthven

Ruthven said:

I was going to wait for Dr Luigi to be discounted... but the free Dr Mario (NES) is enough to make me get Dr Luigi now. Thanks Nintendo for making me spend my eShop Cards ;)

rjejr

rjejr said:

@the_truth - I know what the "alt" key is, I have 2 o those, right and left, it's the "gr" that's the problem. Adding the "!" isnt helping. Do you mean Alt + "g" + "r" + "!".

Wait, isn't altgr! a Godzilla foe?

rjejr

rjejr said:

@the_truth - The right "alt" key and what else? Wait the right Alt key is the gr key? You did read my original post where I said "US" right? I dont think we have that on our keyboards. Maybe Gateway didn't pay the Microsoft tax or something. Its an 8 month old PC,