While details of Pokémon X & Y are slowly filtered through to the West, we can rely on CoroCoro magazine to keep the new information coming regardless; today's revelations are undoubtedly worth exploring. Scans taken and translated by Serebii have revealed details on new Pokémon and all-new "Mega" evolutions, which promise to shift up the dynamics for all Trainers.
Thanks to Serebii's efforts, below are the details.
- There are "Mega" forms of various Pokémon, specifically MegaBlaziken, MegaAbsol, MegaMawile, MegaMewtwo, MegaLucario and MegaAmpharos.
- MegaMawile is Steel/Fairy-type (as is normal Mawile) and has the ability Huge Power.
- MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost.
- MegaLucario has Adaptability.
- MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce.
- MegaMewtwo has the ability Insomnia.
- MegaAmpharos is Electric/Dragon and has the ability Mold Breaker.
- These "Mega" 'mon "evolve" through a process called, not surprisingly, "Mega Evolution".
- A new character will be called Koruni in Japan. She is a Gym Leader and holds the key to understanding Mega Evolutions.
In addition new Pokémon, shown below, are the following:
- The pre-evolution of Gogoat is called Meekuru. It is 0.9m and 31.0kg.
- There's an Electric Fairy called Dedenne. It is 0.2m and 2.2kg. It is the Antenna Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or the new ability Cheek Pouches.
- The Rabbit is a Normal-type called Horubii. It is 0.4m and 5.0kg. It is the Digging Pokémon and also has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches.
Quite a lot to take in this time around. Check out the scans below and let us know what you think.