Push Square is Open for Business!

Posted by James Newton

Our PlayStation site is alive!

Our quest for world domination took a giant step forward today with the much anticipated launch of Push Square, our new PlayStation-oriented news and reviews site.

When we launched Movemodo back in 2010, many of you asked "why not do a full-on PlayStation site? I would totally dig that," so we've teamed up with long-time PlayStation writer — and Nintendo Life alumnus — Sammy Barker to bring you a bigger, stronger site that we think you're going to love.

As always, we want to stress that this does not take any of our focus off Nintendo Life — we have a lot of exciting stuff in the works for you guys this year, some of which you'll see in the very near future.

You can Follow Push Square on Twitter or Like Push Square on Facebook too.

Don't forget your Nintendo Life account works over at Push Square so go see what we've got waiting for you over there and rustle up some discussion.

[via pushsquare.com]

Ryno

Ryno said:

Nice! I am going to be less and less of Playstation gamer especially with the Wii U coming but I will still visit and see what's new.

anifan

anifan said:

Nice! Just Yesterday I was hoping that Nintendolife had a PlayStation counterpart for Vita news.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Don't tell Pikachu! He'll get mad (if he even recognises what your saying - mine was useless!)

stromboli

stromboli said:

As long as Nintendo is King, although I'd prefer an Android sister web-site. Not much use for over-saturated Sony reviews market. The sheer focus on Nintendo is what makes the site unique in my opinion since that's less frequent - places where hardcore Nintendo fans have for themselves.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Hello SonyLife. :)
Can't enter the site though since everytime i see that logo i think Pushmo. One man can only be let down this often. :o

Magi

Magi said:

Congrats on the expansion.

edit1: Does this make Vitagamr redundant? I would have no problem if it did, I'm just curious.
edit2: nvm, I just saw Slapshots post in the PS3 thread where Movemodo and Vitagamr have merged with PushSquare

Cipher

Cipher said:

I'm almost disappointed in myself for not being a Sony fan right now, the new website looks amazing.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Stromboli

Considering how many Sony and Microsoft fans there are here, I think we can safely say that Nintendo fans haven't had this place to themselves for quite some time.

Anyways, I'm hesitant because I recall there being a site called Pushsquare that was filled with Fanboys far more annoying than what this place sees. I'm not sure If I want to go there if it's the same place...

Jave

Jave said:

Not a Sony fan, but congrats on the expansion, guys. Best of luck.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Scratch my last post. Considering how small the old staff was, it couldn't be the site I'm thinking of. Guess I'll give it a shot after all.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Would it be possible to put buttons for each site at the top, to make navigation between the sites easier for lazies like me?

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

This is great news! The mods can finally lock that PS3 "fan" thread. No more clutter in the forums. :)

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@3Dangerous3Dash: no one's forcing anyone to visit anything against their will. if you truly hate the playstation, you'll probably want to steer clear of Push Square :3

@Gamesake: i'm pretty sure you're joking, but just to clarify for everyone else, the 'Other Gaming' section of the NL forums will be staying, as well as any of the various 'fan' threads already located there. Please don't take this as an opportunity to start disrupting threads by telling people to 'go to _____ site to talk about _____'. i'd hate to be forced to hand out temp-bans over something so silly. :3

jer18

jer18 said:

Is anyone else bothered by the design of the square button being blue? I'll have to get over it.

Hyperstar96

Hyperstar96 said:

Wait... it's possible to be a Sony fan without completely hating Nintendo and everything associated with it? WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS?!?!

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Awesomeness! This is exactly what I was hoping you guys would do and it is finally here! Congrats and much success on the new site. I'll see you all there! :)

Vincent294

Vincent294 said:

@Hyperstar96 That blasphemy is just about everyone but the haters, which steer clear of this like NLife has a mysterious ward against most of them. Hopefully that doesn't disappear, because theoretically, the multi-site account thing can work vice-versa. Anyways, I have comed to accept Playstation post-PSN disaster & outrageous prices, because they're better than Xbox. Still, I like Halo. That Kinect isn't very good though. Move's okay. They just need to innovate.

Splat

Splat said:

Awesome. Now I have a place to talk PS3 with out Nintendo fan boys getting upset. I love Nintendo but some people don't seem to understand it's ok to like other stuff to...

edhe

edhe said:

@Splat

Why is it, that by default, Sony fans are always considered more rational and mature than Nintendo "fanboys" around here?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@edhe: it's because when they're at a Nintendo-centric site, it's easy to forget the Sony and Microsoft fans from other forums who point and laugh and stir up BS anytime someone so much as breathes 'Nintendo'. i'm sure we'll be seeing plenty from that end of the scale too as soon as PS starts to pick up, lol :3

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

^Totally. I've tried going to join a Sony-centric site, and the people there were just as bad, if not worse than the Nintendo "Fanboys" around here, save for a few obvious exceptions.

TheN64Dude

TheN64Dude said:

If push square accounts are connected to Nintendo Life then you realize internet trolls are gonna start laying their eggs here

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

^You do realize that Nintendo Life has been connected to Movemodo and VitaGamr for over a year now, and the number of trolls hasn't increased much at all?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@PlatinumGamerX: I'm not sure to what you're referring, but rest assured that the moderation team has never tolerated trolls (aside from our friendly neighborhood types) and will continue not to do so, whether here at NL proper or anyplace else in the Nlife Network. :3

Lobster

Lobster said:

Oh, excellent! I'm not a Sony fan but I love to see you guys expand - I trust your reviews more than anything and I hope to see them cover everything one day.

Will you be doing retro reviews by any chance? The only non-Nintendo console I own is a PS2 and I literally only have two or three games for it. I'd love to expand my collection (PS2 was an amazing console) but it can be so hard knowing what's worth buying. Since PS2 is backwards-compatible I'd also like to see original PlayStation reviews.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Lobster

I know they mentioned doing PSOne and PSP reviews someday. I'm hoping they do some PS2 reviews, too. Maybe you could throw in some requests when the forum goes live and see where they go with it?

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@Lobster Yep, we sure will be doing Retro reviews, but don't worry if you don't see any for awhile. We've got Vita launching in a few weeks and we will be busy busy trying to review all of the launch titles. As for you PS2 game recommendations, I can give you a few quick recommendations that are fit for a Nintendo fan: Beyond Good and Evil, Rayman 3, Ratchet and Clank and Kingdom Hearts is a great way to start off. :)

@ShadowChaos Haha... silly little hedgehog, you forgot to turn the power on first! :O

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

Friendly neighborhood trolls. LOL

I just wish NL's staff would tolerate trolling a little... better than what we've seen over the years.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

I've been reading that site for a bit now. Could always see this happening.

Good work.

Lobster

Lobster said:

@Slapshot Excellent! I know this is a busy time so good luck. I can't wait to see those reviews, though! :D

Ah, Kingdom Hearts, how did I forget about that one? Hahaha, I am a terrible gamer!

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@Lobster Don't miss out on Kingdom Hearts and it's PS2 sequel, they are incredible games - especially if you're a Disney nutcase like myself! :D

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

As I've always said, it's possible to be a fanboy of one system, w/o mindlessly(, or even remotely) bashing another (system), &/or mindlessly agreeing w/ your fav company.

@antdickens: #37 suggestion: far right, under "life"; like a dropdown bar, or something, perhaps?

This is def(inately) good news for any Sony PS owners that frequent here. That's awesome for you guys. :)

MachineLaw

MachineLaw said:

looks really, really good, but for some reason I like NLife's layout a bit more. Of course they will improve it over time.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Shoot. At first I thought it was a Square-Enix site I could go to for hentai of Lightning and other Final Fantasy babes! :p Guess I'll go there anyway and see what everybody wants to see in the upcoming 3DS 2D Mario. :p

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Yes! Nintendo Life is no longer Sony Life! :D
About time too...
As for Push Square, I guess I could check it out...
A quiet befalls the discussion as everybody stares at NP, their mouths agape and drawing in flies
What? Look at my signature! Here's a quote:
"I'm not narrow-minded. I have other interests too!"

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Congratulations everyone involved. I'll definitely be visiting both sites. @ant what do u mean by getting NintendoLife up to speed next out of curiosity?

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

@79: Got a preview? Pretty please? :p

Also, now we need an all XBOX and PC gaming site.

@76: And Blu-Ray players, Mobile Phones, PCs, and yes - some playstation stuff ;)

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Could it be that this leads to a Nlife website called "Dedicated Gaming" that features Sony, Microsoft, PC, Nintendo (maybe even smartphone) games altogether ?
This would be great if you could set what news you want to get (Create Your Own DG-Frontpage). For example if you were only interested in news about the 3DS, PS3 and smartphone games. Don't think i'll need it in the near future though since my hands are already overfilled with Ninty stuff.

James

James said:

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your positive comments. I'm really glad you like the new site!

To address a few questions:

No, we will not do an all-in-one gaming site – platform-specific sites in a larger network is the way to go.

We have no plans to launch PC, Android or iOS gaming sites.

A full-on Xbox site will happen when the new Xbox console is announced.

NL will get upgraded in the near future with some of the cool features you see on PS.

That's all for now. Cheers!

Shock_Tart

Shock_Tart said:

wow, honestly the only thing that surprises me is LordJumpMad didnt post one thing on this entire comment bar about this site O_o

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

Cool site! I likes my Sony stuff too :)

I actually came across Push Square yesterday when I nonchalantly clicked the Vita Gamer banner out of boredom.

I'll definitely be visiting this site more often!

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

No. I'll stay with Nintendo. I had a PS and a PS2, but once I got the Wii, they gathered dust. Also, I always had Nintendo handhelds, so I didn't get the PSP, I got the DS. Nintendo rules!

JayceJa

JayceJa said:

never owned a playstation, but was considering getting a vita if the library is good enough, glad to know if i choose to ill have a site as easy to use as nintendolife for it

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I did not own the Sony Move so I really did not use Movemodo much. Now that its an all Sony site I'll check it out.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Congrats Sammy for making it back into the fold in a big way.

"Pushsquare - From the makers of Nintendo Life!" reads a bit disingenuous to me hovering over that icon, could've read "now a member of" but since you guys are all mates since the old days, and well they are your sites, who am I to say?

ViRtUaLbOy11

ViRtUaLbOy11 said:

yechh.... gross.
Sony already has a website anyway.
www.RadioShack.com. heh ;)
no need for this malarky... yechh-

Megajack

Megajack said:

nah. i dont care for playstation any more. My first game system i got was a sega genisis my dad got me at the swapmeet. then i went to my dads freinds house and his freind had a Playstation 1. I loved it and later got one for my birthday follying a playstation 2 next. Then i got into nintendo and almost never touched my playstaion 2 since. (this means i dont care about PS3 like everyone in the world.)

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

I still can't believe it. I was at Taco Bell last week (my second favorite restaurant) and I saw that they were giving away PS Vitas! Why Taco Bell! Why did you betray me!!

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@Masterox7737: #85 I'm told they have cookies.

What makes this so awesome for Sony PS owners, is that you now have a review site for that console w/ review credibility the same as NLife, b/c it's the same people, on the same network. That same level of high credibility is the gem of this news. Or @ the very least, it would be to me, if I owned a PS.

Yosher

Yosher said:

I came to NintendoLife for a reason and that's for Nintendo news and ONLY Nintendo news. Sorry, I'm not interested in Sony! I have a PS1 and 2, but I've barely ever touched those aside from playing FFIX a lot. I'm sticking with Nintendo!

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

Nintendo Life is pretty great so I have no doubt Push Square will be as well.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Now to get geared up for all of the Vita launch titles coming soon. Yikes! :D

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

slick looking site, guys. good job; can't wait for it to happen here at NL.

(the definition of a 'troll' here lately seems to be 'anyone who disagrees with me'.)

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

99. The_Fox United States 03 Feb 2012, 16:52 GMT
Nintendo Life is pretty great so I have no doubt Push Square will be as well.

This.