@DonnieTACO I wouldn't be so sure. Plenty of first party Switch games could still use framerate boosts (with The Thousand-Year Door even having evidence for one in its code) and there are even some that could use the improved resolution in handheld (like Pikmin 3 Deluxe, which was rated as having a proper upgrade earlier this year) - not to mention that the docked resolution is still capped at 1080p for games without upgrades, when many Switch 1 games can hit 1440p on Switch 2 if not higher.
This really is a gamechanger. You can toggle the boost freely even while a game is running, making it easy to compare things, and it's just so nice seeing games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Smash Ultimate looking crisp on Switch 2, as well as getting to play pixel art games without the wonky sprite scaling
@EarthboundBenjy The basic idea is that it's a way to get Switch 1 games running above 720p handheld without being patched, at the cost of some potential quirks like touch screen compatibility being lost
@EarthboundBenjy I believe Pokopia DLC came up in the Game Freak gigaleak, with additional areas of the map to develop. I'm also holding out hope for a proper physical to come, especially because the smaller cartridge sizes that now exist seem to have fairly substantial cost savings between Yoshi and the Mysterious Book being priced at the equivalent of $60 and games like MIO: Memories in Orbit and The Disney Afternoon Collection retailing for $30 and $35, respectively
I wonder what he was working on between the release of Move It! and leaving Nintendo. I don't think this'll have that much of an impact on WarioWare continuing, either; they're definitely cheaper to produce than a lot of other Nintendo games, and Gold seemingly only hit a few hundred thousand copies sold - yet they continued the series regardless. Additionally, while Abe was chief director of virtually every entry, there's essentially always been someone under him appointed as the director, and given that a lot of the series has been driven by ideas individual developers bring to the table, I think one of those directors could readily assume his mantle and the series could keep going just fine. Definitely a shame to hear Abe's left Nintendo, though. He's only 51, so he wasn't really on anyone's radar when it came to longtime employees leaving or retiring. I hope his new venture as a professor goes very well for him.
It does annoy me that I've seen a few people celebrate this news on the grounds that it could mean Wario Land will return. WarioWare's been its own thing since the first installment, with Intelligent Systems now acting as the main developer after becoming heavily involved with the series starting with Mega Party Game$. I don't think it's very likely Intelligent Systems would've ever been assigned the development of Wario Land...
For now, I'll hold out for a potential physical, whether that comes in the form of them just doing a reprint on the 16GB cartridges that exist now (the decision to put Pokopia on a Game-Key Card was likely made when 64GB ones remained the only option) or, if the paid DLC that I believe was mentioned in the Game Freak gigaleak comes to fruition, a bundle with that akin to how Sword/Shield and Scarlet/Violet were rereleased physically with the DLC included. I may end up caving, in which case I will opt for the eShop version (at least the game is currently only around 6.2 GB, making it the smallest first-party release on Switch 2 that isn't one of the true eShop exclusives), but I know I'm not likely to start the game anytime soon. My biggest concern is that the Game-Key Card version is performing very well, even selling out at some retailers, and so it'll lead to future Pokemon games using them - even numerous other Nintendo games as well. The worst-case scenario is that Winds and Waves will be $80 Game-Key Cards, as Pokopia is already retailing for the same price as Mario Kart World in Japan.
Once again asking developers to start taking advantage of the Switch 2's VRR screen. This game doesn't need to be 60fps, but the 30fps here feels a bit choppy, and 40fps should've been more than doable
@HammerGalladeBro Most of the anime songs from Air Ride return in Air Riders and are absent from the Nintendo Music release. I think there's one theme that doesn't return in City Trial, though (the one associated with the lighthouse event)
@MTMike87 Not only that, it's currently the best reviewed game of the year so far on Metacritic, at one point ahead of Resident Evil Requiem and Mewgenics
Why this was signed as an exclusive and given the fancy webpage treatment on the browser eShop like it's first-party, I haven't a clue. Even more wild to me that it may have been one of the reasons the Partner Direct even happened, given its exclusivity and very quick release
Bug Fables reviewed better than Escape From Ever After and I've seen almost nothing but praise for it for years now. I haven't even played the original 2 Paper Mario games and I think it's a rather great game. Why are we acting like it's an objectively okay-at-best game here?
I've heard Switch 2 Editions can't be free in Japan, so we'll see if this one costs anything outside of there when the listing goes live in other regions
I'm surprised at just how dismissive people seem to be of this game. Maybe I shouldn't be after Super Rush and Battle League were seen as duds, but Aces did have its fans, and I was expecting to see more people just write it off because "it looks good but it's $70," and not preemptively calling it another disappointment because...some reviews said the singleplayer was underwhelming. Seeing people condemn Fever for that while in the same breath saying they miss the golden days of the GameCube era, where not a single Mario sports game on there had a campaign...well, it just tells me how much nostalgia dominates the conversation when it comes to these games. They haven't been critical darlings since the N64 days; 80 is basically the ceiling for them, and even well-regarded games like Mario Power Tennis, Mario Strikers Charged, and Mario Golf: World Tour are in that camp. I'm just confused as to why Fever outscoring Aces and being the best reviewed Mario sports game since World Tour is being treated like it's yet another disappointment. It's par for the course for this entire branch of the Mario series, and from day one it's been clear to me that Camelot did take their time to provide us with a meatier experience, from the base roster being over twice as large as the 16 characters Aces started out with and tying with the GBA game for the most in the series to getting courts with special gimmicks in line with Power Tennis again.
I don't blame anyone for not thinking it's worth $70. I don't think it is, and I'm only buying it at launch because I found a $20 giftcard I've been sitting on for over a year. But I hate seeing so many people already treating Fever like another disappointment when that feels at odds with the actual reviews and the clear steps taken to have a distinctly more content-rich game at launch. There's arguably more here than Power Tennis had, and if they do support the game with more characters, Fever Rackets, and courts post-launch, it's going to feel a lot more exciting because it genuinely won't feel like it's been held back (especially with most of the veteran characters returning, meaning the door is wide open for newcomers).
I definitely needed the demo to help me get onboard, as while I did like the general vibe of the game and the puzzle elements caught my attention, I'm not terribly fond of shooter gameplay. I really enjoyed it, though. I wish it looked a bit more crisp in handheld, but the experience felt very smooth and I don't feel conflicted about the idea of getting it on Switch 2.
Do have to wonder why Kunitsu-Gami is capped at 40fps when Pragmata, which has a broader scope, is 60fps...
@Otimus If you want to talk about a barren first 8 months of a system's life, go take a look at the Wii U and the whopping 2 first-party games it got after launch in that timeframe, one of which was a LEGO game and the other being a middling WarioWare spinoff
@Kiyata By around this point in the Wii U's life (July 2012, 8 months in), the only Nintendo-published games that had released since launch were Lego City Undercover and Game & Wario. Pikmin 3 was only just around the corner. The Switch 2 has had at least one first-party game release for it every month counting Switch 2 Editions, and the trend seems set to continue for the foreseeable future. The games aren't crazy heavy-hitters for one reason or another (taking a chance on smaller IP or spin-offs or cross-gen releases)...but neither were the ones the Wii U was getting around this time. It's also getting more substantial third-party support, and said third-parties are voicing that they're happy with the system and its specs when they were dragging the Wii U through the mud. The Switch's first year was better in many respects (though the lack of a first-party exclusive at retail that wasn't 1-2-Switch for 3 months should be held against it more), but things are quite a bit better and busier than many other Nintendo systems in their early days, and not just the Wii U.
It's going to be very funny if people just film their clips using their phones and just post those.
Hoping the SwitchBuddy app will come in clutch here. I haven't had any reason to use it since they updated the NSO app with the ability to save images and videos from your system, but I doubt however they were accomplishing it before Nintendo will be incompatible with Tomodachi Life as well
It was fine, but I'm not especially enthusiastic about all the news that's trickled out post-Direct. No online Mii sharing, image and video sharing is restricted, and the game is apparently $60, which feels like a bit much. The lack of mention for even just a free Switch 2 patch is also bizarre.
Some of my earliest gaming memories involve playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii with my dad and siblings, and we fire up Mario Party semi-regularly, so the prospect of having a bunch of little multiplayer minigames built around 2D Mario is actually quite appealing to me. Getting the return of Challenge Mode from New Super Mario Bros. U alongside some new levels and bosses that seem to be taking really cool advantage of the Wonder Flower idea, as well as Rosalina, just sweetens the deal as far as I'm concerned. I just hope there's a bit of substance to the multiplayer minigames, though as long as there's at least a few stages to pick from for each mode I think it should be fine. We still fire up Nintendo Land every now and then and it's basically got the bare minimum in terms of maps for its main multiplayer modes
@Lizuka I imagine they also didn't want to go to the effort of having someone fill in for Cranky's role as the shopkeeper the same way Retro did for Tropical Freeze on Switch
@PikminMarioKirby Backporting a character from this game's sequel and introducing a janky sped up Time Attack really isn't more substantial than a game mode with 11 stages that have 7 difficulty modes each designed around replayability, 86 statues to collect with more coming through limited time events with unique rulesets, which get scattered across DK Island, a slew of new outfits, and a bizarrely cryptic and extensive puzzle for a Nintendo game. It shouldn't have been $20, but it was a meatier update than this is
I think it'd be good if this guide was updated with third-party games given specific enhancements for Switch 2 without actual Switch 2 Editions. There aren't many to my knowledge, but Animal Well received an update that restored effects cut from the Switch port and works seamlessly like the first-party free upgrades, Batman: Arkham Knight got a Switch 2-specific patch, Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake got a free update that I believe basically just installs a new native version of the game to your system, and games like Easy Come, Easy Golf and Ninja Gaiden: Ragebound were given framerate toggles intended for use on the Switch 2.
@dskatter My understanding is that this upgrade was outsourced to Blitworks, actually. I think at least 40fps handheld would've been feasible, and I'm disappointed more developers aren't targeting it
So we're looking at a port where the filesize more than doubled, but the downgraded Switch 1 assets are still what's being used, while the framerate boost only applies to docked play...and there's not even mouse mode support?
Going to need this to be put out on a cartridge before I even consider buying it
@DashKappei Performance issues on PS5 Pro is wild. Apparently it holds up a bit better on Steam Deck but can still stutter even on recommended settings, so Steam Deck HQ recommends a 45fps cap
Hmm...the only other Switch 2 review I can find says the performance is very uneven, with a blurry handheld resolution and drops to 30fps with stutters. Not sure how much the performance vs. quality options impact things there, though
@Jack_Goetz There's actually evidence World was the last of the launch window first-party Switch 2 games to be completed. I saw discussion about how the credits are organized by when a developer joined the project, and there are cases where developers overlap with Bananza or Drag x Drive while coming at the end of a certain section of the credits, if I remember correctly.
Snagged Metroid Prime 4 physically on Switch 2 and put in a preorder for LOK Digital (also picked up Trails in the Sky 1st Chapter and KUUKIYOMI 4). I'll get Skate Story if the Switch 2 port is good. I'm interested in some other games as well, like Ultimate Sheep Raccoon, but I'm not sure about picking any of them up yet. Still wondering when Suika Game Planet is supposed to drop
Comments 1,879
Re: Nintendo Switch 2 System Update 22.0.0 Is Now Live, Here Are The Full Patch Notes
@DonnieTACO
I wouldn't be so sure. Plenty of first party Switch games could still use framerate boosts (with The Thousand-Year Door even having evidence for one in its code) and there are even some that could use the improved resolution in handheld (like Pikmin 3 Deluxe, which was rated as having a proper upgrade earlier this year) - not to mention that the docked resolution is still capped at 1080p for games without upgrades, when many Switch 1 games can hit 1440p on Switch 2 if not higher.
Re: Nintendo Switch 2 System Update 22.0.0 Is Now Live, Here Are The Full Patch Notes
This really is a gamechanger. You can toggle the boost freely even while a game is running, making it easy to compare things, and it's just so nice seeing games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Smash Ultimate looking crisp on Switch 2, as well as getting to play pixel art games without the wonky sprite scaling
Re: Pokémon Legends: Z-A's Mega Dimension DLC Is Getting A Code-In-A-Box Release
Guess I shouldn't hold out hope for a Pokopia physical with its leaked DLC included
Re: Nintendo Switch 2 System Update 22.0.0 Is Now Live, Here Are The Full Patch Notes
@EarthboundBenjy The basic idea is that it's a way to get Switch 1 games running above 720p handheld without being patched, at the cost of some potential quirks like touch screen compatibility being lost
Re: Tomodachi Life: Living The Dream Has Been Rated, Here's The ESRB Summary
There's an untapped market for an M-rated Tomodachi clone out there
Re: Pokémon Pokopia's Early Success Causes A Surge In Nintendo's Share Price
@EarthboundBenjy I believe Pokopia DLC came up in the Game Freak gigaleak, with additional areas of the map to develop. I'm also holding out hope for a proper physical to come, especially because the smaller cartridge sizes that now exist seem to have fairly substantial cost savings between Yoshi and the Mysterious Book being priced at the equivalent of $60 and games like MIO: Memories in Orbit and The Disney Afternoon Collection retailing for $30 and $35, respectively
Re: Veteran 'WarioWare' Director Goro Abe Has Left Nintendo
I wonder what he was working on between the release of Move It! and leaving Nintendo. I don't think this'll have that much of an impact on WarioWare continuing, either; they're definitely cheaper to produce than a lot of other Nintendo games, and Gold seemingly only hit a few hundred thousand copies sold - yet they continued the series regardless. Additionally, while Abe was chief director of virtually every entry, there's essentially always been someone under him appointed as the director, and given that a lot of the series has been driven by ideas individual developers bring to the table, I think one of those directors could readily assume his mantle and the series could keep going just fine. Definitely a shame to hear Abe's left Nintendo, though. He's only 51, so he wasn't really on anyone's radar when it came to longtime employees leaving or retiring. I hope his new venture as a professor goes very well for him.
It does annoy me that I've seen a few people celebrate this news on the grounds that it could mean Wario Land will return. WarioWare's been its own thing since the first installment, with Intelligent Systems now acting as the main developer after becoming heavily involved with the series starting with Mega Party Game$. I don't think it's very likely Intelligent Systems would've ever been assigned the development of Wario Land...
Re: Poll: So, Will You Be Getting Pokémon Pokopia?
For now, I'll hold out for a potential physical, whether that comes in the form of them just doing a reprint on the 16GB cartridges that exist now (the decision to put Pokopia on a Game-Key Card was likely made when 64GB ones remained the only option) or, if the paid DLC that I believe was mentioned in the Game Freak gigaleak comes to fruition, a bundle with that akin to how Sword/Shield and Scarlet/Violet were rereleased physically with the DLC included. I may end up caving, in which case I will opt for the eShop version (at least the game is currently only around 6.2 GB, making it the smallest first-party release on Switch 2 that isn't one of the true eShop exclusives), but I know I'm not likely to start the game anytime soon. My biggest concern is that the Game-Key Card version is performing very well, even selling out at some retailers, and so it'll lead to future Pokemon games using them - even numerous other Nintendo games as well. The worst-case scenario is that Winds and Waves will be $80 Game-Key Cards, as Pokopia is already retailing for the same price as Mario Kart World in Japan.
Re: Blue Prince's Excellent Mansion Mystery Arrives On Switch 2 Today
Once again asking developers to start taking advantage of the Switch 2's VRR screen. This game doesn't need to be 60fps, but the 30fps here feels a bit choppy, and 40fps should've been more than doable
Re: Drinkbox Studios' Hades-Inspired Brawler Is Confirmed For The Switch 2
No mention of how this game is an isometric Metroidvania? That's the main thing that has me interested
Re: Kirby Air Riders Races Onto Nintendo Music This Week
@HammerGalladeBro Most of the anime songs from Air Ride return in Air Riders and are absent from the Nintendo Music release. I think there's one theme that doesn't return in City Trial, though (the one associated with the lighthouse event)
Re: Round Up: The Reviews Are In For Pokémon Pokopia
@MTMike87 Not only that, it's currently the best reviewed game of the year so far on Metacritic, at one point ahead of Resident Evil Requiem and Mewgenics
Re: Poll: Box Art Brawl: Pokémon 30th Anniversary Edition
Excluding the Legends games because they'd sway the Gen 8 and 9 rankings #noticing
Re: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Team Consistently Aiming For 30fps On Switch 2 "Wherever Possible"
@OwenGamer22 A terrible joke
Re: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Team Consistently Aiming For 30fps On Switch 2 "Wherever Possible"
This game could definitely run at 10fps on Switch 2. I don't know why they're even bothering
Re: Missed Potential Or A Campy Classic? Switch 2 Exclusive 'Tokyo Scramble' Hasn't Been A Hit
Why this was signed as an exclusive and given the fancy webpage treatment on the browser eShop like it's first-party, I haven't a clue. Even more wild to me that it may have been one of the reasons the Partner Direct even happened, given its exclusivity and very quick release
Re: Opinion: This Is The First Game That's Come Close To Rivalling The Best Paper Mario
Bug Fables reviewed better than Escape From Ever After and I've seen almost nothing but praise for it for years now. I haven't even played the original 2 Paper Mario games and I think it's a rather great game. Why are we acting like it's an objectively okay-at-best game here?
Re: Castlevania: Belmont's Curse Unveiled For Switch, Launching In 2026
@LilKinopio Did you forget the 1 digit in the Switch 2 sales figure or something
Re: Castlevania: Belmont's Curse Unveiled For Switch, Launching In 2026
Why on earth is this not getting a dedicated Switch 2 release when Evil Empire's already released The Rogue Prince of Persia for it?
Re: Surprise! Braid: Anniversary Edition Nintendo Switch 2 Edition Just Dropped
I've heard Switch 2 Editions can't be free in Japan, so we'll see if this one costs anything outside of there when the listing goes live in other regions
Re: Poll: So, Will You Be Getting Mario Tennis Fever For Switch 2?
I'm surprised at just how dismissive people seem to be of this game. Maybe I shouldn't be after Super Rush and Battle League were seen as duds, but Aces did have its fans, and I was expecting to see more people just write it off because "it looks good but it's $70," and not preemptively calling it another disappointment because...some reviews said the singleplayer was underwhelming. Seeing people condemn Fever for that while in the same breath saying they miss the golden days of the GameCube era, where not a single Mario sports game on there had a campaign...well, it just tells me how much nostalgia dominates the conversation when it comes to these games. They haven't been critical darlings since the N64 days; 80 is basically the ceiling for them, and even well-regarded games like Mario Power Tennis, Mario Strikers Charged, and Mario Golf: World Tour are in that camp. I'm just confused as to why Fever outscoring Aces and being the best reviewed Mario sports game since World Tour is being treated like it's yet another disappointment. It's par for the course for this entire branch of the Mario series, and from day one it's been clear to me that Camelot did take their time to provide us with a meatier experience, from the base roster being over twice as large as the 16 characters Aces started out with and tying with the GBA game for the most in the series to getting courts with special gimmicks in line with Power Tennis again.
I don't blame anyone for not thinking it's worth $70. I don't think it is, and I'm only buying it at launch because I found a $20 giftcard I've been sitting on for over a year. But I hate seeing so many people already treating Fever like another disappointment when that feels at odds with the actual reviews and the clear steps taken to have a distinctly more content-rich game at launch. There's arguably more here than Power Tennis had, and if they do support the game with more characters, Fever Rackets, and courts post-launch, it's going to feel a lot more exciting because it genuinely won't feel like it's been held back (especially with most of the veteran characters returning, meaning the door is wide open for newcomers).
Re: Round Up: The Reviews Are In For Mario Tennis Fever
@SamSt565 Mario Power Tennis and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour would review worse than Fever for not including any content aimed at a solo player
Re: Capcom's New IP Is Off To A Promising Start As Demo Hits One Million "Combined Downloads"
I definitely needed the demo to help me get onboard, as while I did like the general vibe of the game and the puzzle elements caught my attention, I'm not terribly fond of shooter gameplay. I really enjoyed it, though. I wish it looked a bit more crisp in handheld, but the experience felt very smooth and I don't feel conflicted about the idea of getting it on Switch 2.
Do have to wonder why Kunitsu-Gami is capped at 40fps when Pragmata, which has a broader scope, is 60fps...
Re: Mario Tennis Fever's Opening Movie Is As Cinematic As They Come
Mario and Bowser are still pissed about the ending of Mario Odyssey, I take it...
Re: Tales Of Arise - Switch 2 Performance And Resolution Revealed
Nintendo really needs to start nudging third-party developers to offer 40fps modes...
Re: Round Up: The Previews Are In For Super Mario Bros. Wonder - Switch 2 Edition + Meetup In Bellabel Park
@Smithicus Can you elaborate on what "overly Americanized" means here
Re: Nintendo Reconfirms Release Windows For Major Upcoming Switch 2 Games
@Otimus If you want to talk about a barren first 8 months of a system's life, go take a look at the Wii U and the whopping 2 first-party games it got after launch in that timeframe, one of which was a LEGO game and the other being a middling WarioWare spinoff
Re: Switch 2 Storms Towards Its Forecast Target With 17.37 Million Units Sold
@Porky The Switch, and other consoles for that matter, aren't any different?
Re: Switch 2 Storms Towards Its Forecast Target With 17.37 Million Units Sold
@Kiyata By around this point in the Wii U's life (July 2012, 8 months in), the only Nintendo-published games that had released since launch were Lego City Undercover and Game & Wario. Pikmin 3 was only just around the corner. The Switch 2 has had at least one first-party game release for it every month counting Switch 2 Editions, and the trend seems set to continue for the foreseeable future. The games aren't crazy heavy-hitters for one reason or another (taking a chance on smaller IP or spin-offs or cross-gen releases)...but neither were the ones the Wii U was getting around this time. It's also getting more substantial third-party support, and said third-parties are voicing that they're happy with the system and its specs when they were dragging the Wii U through the mud. The Switch's first year was better in many respects (though the lack of a first-party exclusive at retail that wasn't 1-2-Switch for 3 months should be held against it more), but things are quite a bit better and busier than many other Nintendo systems in their early days, and not just the Wii U.
Re: Here's A Look At The Best-Selling Switch And Switch 2 Games So Far
@PharoneTheGnome The Legends games are considered mainline and the Generation 10 games are non-Legends games as per the leaks
Re: Nintendo Restricting Some Image Sharing Features For Tomodachi Life: Living The Dream
It's going to be very funny if people just film their clips using their phones and just post those.
Hoping the SwitchBuddy app will come in clutch here. I haven't had any reason to use it since they updated the NSO app with the ability to save images and videos from your system, but I doubt however they were accomplishing it before Nintendo will be incompatible with Tomodachi Life as well
Re: Tomodachi Life: Living The Dream Nintendo Direct: Every Announcement - How Would You Rate It?
It was fine, but I'm not especially enthusiastic about all the news that's trickled out post-Direct. No online Mii sharing, image and video sharing is restricted, and the game is apparently $60, which feels like a bit much. The lack of mention for even just a free Switch 2 patch is also bizarre.
Big fan of Hugh Morris, though
Re: Poll: So, Will You Be Getting The Switch 2 Upgrade For Super Mario Bros. Wonder?
Some of my earliest gaming memories involve playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii with my dad and siblings, and we fire up Mario Party semi-regularly, so the prospect of having a bunch of little multiplayer minigames built around 2D Mario is actually quite appealing to me. Getting the return of Challenge Mode from New Super Mario Bros. U alongside some new levels and bosses that seem to be taking really cool advantage of the Wonder Flower idea, as well as Rosalina, just sweetens the deal as far as I'm concerned. I just hope there's a bit of substance to the multiplayer minigames, though as long as there's at least a few stages to pick from for each mode I think it should be fine. We still fire up Nintendo Land every now and then and it's basically got the bare minimum in terms of maps for its main multiplayer modes
Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns HD Gets A Free Switch 2 Update And Adds Dixie Kong
@Lizuka I imagine they also didn't want to go to the effort of having someone fill in for Cranky's role as the shopkeeper the same way Retro did for Tropical Freeze on Switch
Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns HD Gets A Free Switch 2 Update And Adds Dixie Kong
@PikminMarioKirby Backporting a character from this game's sequel and introducing a janky sped up Time Attack really isn't more substantial than a game mode with 11 stages that have 7 difficulty modes each designed around replayability, 86 statues to collect with more coming through limited time events with unique rulesets, which get scattered across DK Island, a slew of new outfits, and a bizarrely cryptic and extensive puzzle for a Nintendo game. It shouldn't have been $20, but it was a meatier update than this is
Re: All Nintendo Switch 2 Edition Games, Upgrade Packs, And Free Performance Updates
I think it'd be good if this guide was updated with third-party games given specific enhancements for Switch 2 without actual Switch 2 Editions. There aren't many to my knowledge, but Animal Well received an update that restored effects cut from the Switch port and works seamlessly like the first-party free upgrades, Batman: Arkham Knight got a Switch 2-specific patch, Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake got a free update that I believe basically just installs a new native version of the game to your system, and games like Easy Come, Easy Golf and Ninja Gaiden: Ragebound were given framerate toggles intended for use on the Switch 2.
Re: Best Switch 2 Ports - The Most Impressive Third-Party Games On Nintendo Switch 2
Putting Persona 3 Reload as an honorable mention while ignoring really solid ports like Sonic Racing: CrossWorlds is crazy work
Re: Mini Review: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Nintendo Switch 2 Edition - A Great Upgrade That Misses A Few Wins
@dskatter My understanding is that this upgrade was outsourced to Blitworks, actually. I think at least 40fps handheld would've been feasible, and I'm disappointed more developers aren't targeting it
Re: Users Are Reporting "Greatly Reduced" Input Lag On Zelda: Wind Waker For NSO
If F-Zero GX has been improved I'll definitely try and get back around to it
Re: Fire Emblem Shadows Makes Metacritic's "Worst Games Of 2025" List
Do we think this or Highguard is hitting EOS first?
Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets Surprise Nintendo Switch 2 Edition, And It's Out Now
So we're looking at a port where the filesize more than doubled, but the downgraded Switch 1 assets are still what's being used, while the framerate boost only applies to docked play...and there's not even mouse mode support?
Going to need this to be put out on a cartridge before I even consider buying it
Re: Review: Skate Story (Switch 2) – A Laid-Back Kickflip Through The Underworld
@DashKappei Performance issues on PS5 Pro is wild. Apparently it holds up a bit better on Steam Deck but can still stutter even on recommended settings, so Steam Deck HQ recommends a 45fps cap
Re: Review: Skate Story (Switch 2) – A Laid-Back Kickflip Through The Underworld
Hmm...the only other Switch 2 review I can find says the performance is very uneven, with a blurry handheld resolution and drops to 30fps with stutters. Not sure how much the performance vs. quality options impact things there, though
Re: Video: Mario Kart World - Course Changes Side-By-Side Comparison (Original & Version 1.4.0 Update)
@Jack_Goetz There's actually evidence World was the last of the launch window first-party Switch 2 games to be completed. I saw discussion about how the credits are organized by when a developer joined the project, and there are cases where developers overlap with Bananza or Drag x Drive while coming at the end of a certain section of the credits, if I remember correctly.
Re: Video: Mario Kart World - Course Changes Side-By-Side Comparison (Original & Version 1.4.0 Update)
Close enough, welcome back T tracks from Mario Kart Tour
Re: Round Up: Every Switch And Switch 2 Announcement From The PC Gaming Show: Most Wanted 2025
@Liam_Doolan Huh. Wonder why the trailer didn't include it.
Re: Round Up: Every Switch And Switch 2 Announcement From The PC Gaming Show: Most Wanted 2025
Just a heads up, but the Switch logo is nowhere to be seen in the MIO trailer. Seems like it was scrapped in favor of a Switch 2 port
Re: Nintendo Download: 4th December (North America)
Snagged Metroid Prime 4 physically on Switch 2 and put in a preorder for LOK Digital (also picked up Trails in the Sky 1st Chapter and KUUKIYOMI 4). I'll get Skate Story if the Switch 2 port is good. I'm interested in some other games as well, like Ultimate Sheep Raccoon, but I'm not sure about picking any of them up yet. Still wondering when Suika Game Planet is supposed to drop
Re: Video: Metroid Prime 4: Beyond Stuns On Switch 2 In This Side-By-Side Comparison
@UpsideDownRowlet Well, in that case it is the biggest thing they have this month. Absolutely not this year, though
Re: Video: Metroid Prime 4: Beyond Stuns On Switch 2 In This Side-By-Side Comparison
"Nintendo's biggest release of the month..." It's the only one
"...(the year?)"
If you laugh you go to hell