New Fatal Frame Will Be Spooking The Wii U In Japan This September

Posted by Damien McFerran

Photo finish

Nintendo and Tecmo Koei have lifted the lid on a new Fatal Frame title for the Wii U, which is due to arrive in Japan on 27th September 2014.

In a special presentation which featured Nintendo's own Shigeru Miyamoto, the game's Japanese title was revealed to be Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko (Zero: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden). As before, the action involves snapping malevolent spirits with your camera, but this time around there's a strong focus on water. Producer Kikuchi Keisuke says that this will be the biggest Fatal Frame ever, and that the GamePad will be used to take photos of ghosts.

Miyamoto's brief contribution to the presentation was to state — with tongue-firmly in cheek, one would assume — that he doesn't like scary games, his own Luigi's Mansion being an exception. He also said that titles like Fatal Frame can not only show the power of the Wii U GamePad, but also bring new players to the machine by offering new genres to enjoy.

In addition to the game announcement, it was also confirmed that Fatal Frame is coming to both comics and the big screen. A new Manga series is being written by Kibayashi Shin, and a Kadokawa-made movie should be launching around the same time as the game. It was also revealed that a Hollywood adaptation of the series is in the works from the producer of the Resident Evil movie franchise. This final point should bode well for a western release of the Wii U Fatal Frame title, as a live-action film will do a lot to expand the appeal and fame of the series in the west.

It is not yet known if the game will be coming to North America and Europe.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

LexKitteh

LexKitteh said:

Nintendo has no reason to not localize this. The Wii U needs all the games it can get! Come on!

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

It looks great and does exactly what everyone wanted them to do with the gamepad. It also looks a little more adult than previous versions. I will have to buy a Japanese wii u if this isn't localised!

MuchoMochi

MuchoMochi said:

With Miyamoto stating that it will draw more gamers to the Gamepad you have to think it would be stupid of Nintendo not to localize this. One of the companies key members has said it himself!

MJKOP

MJKOP said:

@LexKitteh Yip, it's as simple as this really. I love my Wii U, but it needs all the quality games it can get, hopefully this will be another and we will all see it

Andyliini

Andyliini said:

Say what, which one of the Resident Evil producers? I highly enjoy those films, but it has quite a few producers, from the top pf my head:
Robert Kulzer
Samuel Hadida
Jeremy Bolt
Paul W.S. Anderson
Don Carmony

I really wonder...

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

Don't know how I feel about the Hollywood make of the movie (so there will be two Fatal Frame movies, you're saying? An American one and a Japanese one?), but I'll watch them and hope they're at least decent; don't have my hopes too high.

But the game!! OMG it's looking great! And yes, doing exactly what I wanted it to do with the gamepad. My god... I really hope this'll come to America (and Europe!) and please please please an HD remaster collection of the games together, please! My god... I would throw so much money at that. So much.

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

Hahaha just checked the screens- that woman in blue looks ridiculous. Can we tone down the tits, Tecmo Koei?
... No?
I just have to deal?
Huh...
Okay.

Brytor

Brytor said:

I can't wait to not play this and be disappointed because they didn't localize it and never plan to like the two previous games.

In all seriousness, I really want to play this.

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

This and Dragon Quest X are two games that should have had confirmed western releases already. Then again, gaming isn't a hobby to companies like Square Enix and Koei Tecmo. They're multimillion dollar ventures that, in some cases, can become multibillion dollar ventures.
Point being, if Hyrule Warriors does well, KT will release this here.

SpookyMeths

SpookyMeths said:

Oh god, not Paul WS Anderson. Oh well, there goes the prospect of a good American adaptation.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

Okay..it's starting to become a bit scary. Almost every time me and a friend talk about something, they announce/show something like this the next day.
Guess we'll talk about F-Zero today ;)

Trailer looks really good. I'll need several new pairs of pants to play through the game, but once they localise it, I'm definitely getting it :3

King47

King47 said:

Nintendo can't afford to keep this game in Japan, so now we wait for the localization news.

Psyclone

Psyclone said:

the game looks great!! the west might get it next year though or whenever they release the hollywood movie version.

Thestarskyeffec

Thestarskyeffec said:

I am incredibly excited about the trailer for this game. Since both Resident Evil and Silent Hill are really no longer survival horror games this is our only hope for the genre. I highly recommend anyone who can pick up Project Zero 2: Wii Edition to pick it up.

I'm wondering how we can nag Nintendo to get this released worldwide. The WiiU's library needs as many titles as they can have so I do believe Nintendo will be releasing this worldwide. The movie should help as well.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@King47 @Thestarskyeffec Isn't Fatal Frame the very definition of a niche game? It's also the very opposite of the family-friendly image Nintendo is trying to project. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so, but I don't see them making any particular effort to get this overseas. I doubt it will ever see the light of day in the west.
Nintendo needs system sellers, before anything else I'm afraid. This is not one. That's to say, I'd love to see this come over here, I just see little reason why it would. The last one on Wii didn't make it west either, did it?

kukabuksilaks

kukabuksilaks said:

" It was also revealed that a Hollywood adaptation of the series is in the works from the producer of the Resident Evil movie franchise." Wow, that's just horrible.. those movies (except the first) sucked more than an industrial hoover..

Hope this get a text only localization, or at least a japanese audio option. I really don't want to softmod my wii u just to play this like I did my Wii just to play FF 4 (and wait as long for a fan translation)

Hopefully they'll port it as fast as Hyrule warriors.. october release would be awesome!

conman2012

conman2012 said:

they are releasing a hollywood movie. The game will more than likely be released west to tie in with that. I'd say its just a matter of when. Just like Sonic Boom and its tv series

ToniK

ToniK said:

How many copies are they planning to sell if they don't localise it? Makes no sense to not bring it to US and EU. And every other territory. I seriously want this so make it happen Nintendo!

DaemonSword

DaemonSword said:

It has to be released worldwide. How are they going to promote the film without a game to go with it?

SpookyMeths

SpookyMeths said:

@Ralek85 Not quite sure where Assassin's Creed, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, and Devil's Third fit into this "family-friendly" image that you've conjured, but I'd definitely consider Fatal Frame more appropriate for younger players than Resident Evil: Revelations or ZombiU.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I love this series so much, but I'm not getting my hopes up for localisation. Still sad we never got PZ4 over here. The only sliver of hope is that they have so few games lined up, they might feel they have to bring it over despite expecting it to make a loss.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Blown away. This looks INSANE!!!! Even better than I expected. So damn pumped for this

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

woah the game looks pretty good! I remember almost sh*tting my pants when I played Fatal Frame 2. (that means I want this haha)

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

Really, really hoping that Fatal Frame 5 will come to Europe and NA.
This looks really excellent.

Fatal Frame 4 was such a good game that it deserves an international release, as for example in the form of a HD re-release for Wii U.

I fear for FF5 that it will end up like Yakuza 1&2 HD collection and Fatal Frame 4, but lets hope for the best.

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

Hey Ralek, what do Bayonetta, The Devil's Third, Ninja Gaiden, ZombiU and others do to the system's supposed 'family only' imagery you're suggesting?
Eternal Darkness ring a bell? How about Resident Evil 0, 1 and 4?
Honestly, it's people that sing the strongest praise for first party games that makes people think Nintendo gamers only play and buy Nintendo games.
Which is never completely true.
Assassin's Creed 3 had the best per system install rate for any of its releases. Maybe gamers got confused and thought it was Mario..?
Nah, it was because it had good marketing.
Nintendo system owners are actually pretty diverse, it's the devs who view Nintendo's sales and feel intimidated that reduced systems like the Gamecube to background status.
The Wii was Nintendo abandoning 3rd party ideals and doing their own thing, like they should have been doing all along.
As long as there are those gamers who swear by Nintendo's standard above all others, there will be a stigma against them.

DarkAngel_17

DarkAngel_17 said:

Nintendo's marketing strategy has proven to be extremely poor in many cases in the past. It's very simple: if game doesn't get worldwide release it's already a flop.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@CaviarMeths You could just as easily have pointed towards ZombiU or NG3 Razors Edge. The image was not conjured up by me but by Nintendo itself. Just watch their commericals or even their E3 presentations or overall tone of THEIR games (not 3rd party).
I wasn't saying that they don't allow for "mature" games on their system, nor was I saying that this may be the only reason we won't see this game make it's way westward.
I was just pointing out that there is zero incentive for Nintendo to pull a Bravely Default here. Considering the huge installbase of the Wii vs the WiiU and the lack of a Fatal Frame 4 localisation, I just don't know why anyone would reasonably assuming this is going to happen.
I'm not saying it shouldn't, but that the whole idea of "Nintendo cannot afford to leave any of their games overseas" is plain ridiculous. This won't move any significant number of systems for them, it's not even one of "their" games ...

SpookyMeths

SpookyMeths said:

@Ralek85 Commercials are and should be aimed at children and people over 30, because nobody else watches TV. They're especially not watching the children's programming channels that those commercials air on. I've never seen a 2DS commercial because I'm not sitting at home watching cartoons at 4 o' clock in the afternoon.

As for E3, both Bayonetta and Devil's Third got their fair share of the Treehouse focus. Neither felt neglected at all. Neither are 1st party titles, but that doesn't really matter. Neither is Fatal Frame V. However, both Bayonetta and Devil's Third were properties that were dying and Nintendo pumped their OWN money into seeing them realized. They WANT these M-rated games on their machine and they WANT people to know that they exist, and were willing to use money out of their own pockets to see that happen.

And Fatal Frame isn't some dying IP that Nintendo needs to swoop in and save. It's owned by Koei Temco, who have plenty of their own cash and worldwide subsidiaries to do themselves.

NES_64

NES_64 said:

My list of Wants keeps going up I so hope this comes West. I love this series.

FragRed

FragRed said:

Of course it will come to the west. Firstly Nintendo needs every game it can get on their systems. Just because it has not been mentioned doesn't mean it won't happen. I imagine it will come out next year so not to interfere with he sales of games like Bayonetta, Super Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors.

Also if they are producing a Hollywood movie adaptation of the franchise (don't get me started on why it's not a Japanese adaptation, bad decision) then I really can't see there not being a localised release of the game.

SpookyMeths

SpookyMeths said:

@Pillowpants They're all excellent and I recommend them all. Project Zero 2 is on Wii in Europe, but the other Wii game, PZ4, was never officially released outside of Japan.

If you have a PS3 though, you can buy the first three as PS2 classics for cheap.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I would love to try out a Fatal Frame game for Wii U. The unique features of the gamepad would most likely add quite a bit of depth and fun to the game. Besides, I could always use another horror game. Now, if only it would get localized sooner rather than later.

joey302

joey302 said:

Nintendo you need to bring it stateside!! You got nothing doing here retail!! Wii u needs every game it can get! By the way many moms n dads I talk to in stores like target & toys r us have NO clue what an eshop is so the only games they see are the ones on store shelves and that's not many at all!!

whodatninja

whodatninja said:

There's no way they wouldn't localize this. The Wii U needs more exclusives! (Especially "mature" ones)

King47

King47 said:

@Ralek85 No, that would be SMTxFE, and they're releasing that in the west. I've never played a fatal frame game, but I think they will release it due to the lack of games and third party support in the west. As for the family-friendly image, I don't think it's as big of a deal to them anymore. Bayonetta and eternal darkness, and many others, were published by Nintendo. So this game will add to the wii u's library diversity.
Again, we're just guessing here.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

The trailer looks awesome. Never played a Fatal Frame game, and I'm not really big on horror, but I'd give this a shot. They need to localize it.

I also like this sort of "just in time" reveal: the game will be released in just two months!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Do I have to add another "Please localize" to this? I will even go the extra mile and say "My wallet is where my mouth is".

Hopefully the Hollywood movie is not crap and does not scare people away from the game, if it is localized.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

So, in Japan, August has Hyrule Warriors, then September has Bayonetta 1 & 2 and Fatal Frame. I wonder what hardware sales will look like as these games are released? Looks like Nintendo has a fairly strong exclusive lineup coming over the next 5 months.

Shambo

Shambo said:

Dear Nintendo,

What I need now, is this sweet game.

Sincerely,
the Western gaming world.

Play-Doh_25

Play-Doh_25 said:

I really want this. It actually looks really scary and creepy. I dnt know how I'm going to get through it, but i want it.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

I see 2 things i don't like about the article. Of course number 1 being nothing said about being localized. 2 that the movie is being produce by the same person who produced those really crappy RE movies. Lets just hope this a better than all those movies combined. Like I said before, if it doesn't get localized I see another Project Rainfall happening with this and all the other Fatal Frame Wii games we never got.

Lasermaster123

Lasermaster123 said:

I am not really a fan of horror but this does look interesting! Especially since its main focus is the gamepad, plus it will be an interesting title to add to the now diversifying Wii U library. Looking forward to it :D Although I would have a hard time finishing it though....

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

@Ralek85 I would say they have system sellers either out or in the pipe. Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Zelda U, Smash Bros U are system sellers. Games like Fatal Frame are genre fillers and are equally important.

It's the same reasoning that caused Nintendo to publish Hyrule Warriors, Lego City: Undercover, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Bayonetta, Devil's Third, and Xenoblade Chronicles: X. They are all niche titles, but important to fill out the Wii U library.

Luna-Harmony

Luna-Harmony said:

Strike A Pose Smile !
I hope this comes to the west i have been a fan since ps2. Crimson butterfly was so dark and disturbing but a great game.

tebunker

tebunker said:

@Darknyht sad thing is we all know it but do they know it?

The key to having truly healthy system sales is to have a large varied library of games in all regions.

I truly think Nintendo got drunk on all the multi million sellers on Wii and forgot that having the niche titles helps a lot too. NES and SNES were filled with a variety if games and without full 3rd party support it is left to Nintendo.

And while FF may not be a system seller in a traditional sense having that variety is what could entice someone to buy the system. It could be the game that puts to person who was waiting for four or five games they want to make a purchase.

The thing is you never know and you cannot rely solely on the MK8s of the world to Carrie the load. You must have depth to truly push people into not only buying your platform but investing in to it.

Gamecubed

Gamecubed said:

The Wii U needs this. This is a niche game that some people will buy the system for. It would be foolish to not bring it to NA/EU.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

Imagine if this sells well. Perfect excuse to do a HD release of the Wii ones that didn't make it to NA.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@King47 Fire Emblem Awakening sold like 1.3 Mio. copies I think, that goes beyond anything reasonably labeled "niche" ^^
Fatal Frame 2 on the Wii sold like 100.000 copies, probably about 95+% of those in Japan. It just don't see this happening, there is virtually 0 appeal here for NoA or NoE.

Also Eternal Darkness was ages ago, but I hear what you are saying about Bayonetta, although Bayonetta is certainly no horror game, and all it's action and violence is very much stylized. I never meant to say, their sole reason for not bothering with a western release would be that it's not really in sync with their image, just the fact, that here in the west, either way, it won't do them any major good. It will not sell consoles, which, again, at this point is all that mattes. Ressources better spend elsewhere ...

@Darknyht I would agree, but there is niche and there is niche. There are niche titles which regularly sell through 100.000+ copies in the US and Europe, like the Atelier games, and then there is niche like Fatal Frame that barely manage to come up with a few ten-thousand copies sold. It's a difference. If it were of the former category, I would agree, but to my knowledge it is just not.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

@Ralek85 From wut i see, its appealing to alot over here in NA. The Wii game would have tripled sales if it had released in NA as well.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@Sir_Deadly I'm not sure it would have, tripled sales I mean. But let's be frank, two points here I want to mention:
1) If it had tripled sales, it would still have been a game that sold terribly in the west, a commerically failure as far as the western regions are concerend.
2) This is important, take a look at the current WiiU installbase vs the Wii installbase in 2012, when Fatal Frame 2 was released. Yes, there are worlds and worlds between those numbers ... no matter how many NA WiiU owners will be enticed by this, overall the game will end up selling way worse than Fatal Frame 2 did.
Maybe Nintendo feels generous for whatever reason, or they are desperate, hoping for some good press out of it at least, but forgoing those unlikely scenarios, there is no way, they will spend ressources on a utterly obvious failure just waiting to happen. The only bright spot here, is that there is not yet any piracy on the WiiU, but I doubt the Fatal Frame fanbase would have readily abandoned the game on the Wii just to save a few bucks ... and maybe the exlusivity this time around will help ... alot of maybes here.

KikReask

KikReask said:

I only played the Wii remake of the second game, and it was amazing. : D Most frightening experience I've played in recent times. Shame the US never got it while the UK did. Will this new entry be released internationally? Nah, doubt it greatly, unless Operation Rainfall 2 happens.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

@Ralek85 I doubt it would have done worse then FF2 Wii u sales keep rising and alot of people begged and begged for the Wii games to come over but nvr did. I am actaully surprised they didnt include them in Project Rainfall @KikReask if it doesn't get localized, Operation Rainfall 2 may just need happen lol.

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

@Ralek85 I wouldn't say this game is a system seller no, but with enough niche games exclusive to a single console, mixed in with system seller content too, then the Wii U just gets more and more attractive a prospect.

mch

mch said:

Yes, please! And now I will go to the store and finally pick up Project Zero 2 for Wii - I have had it in my hands about 12 times already - for real!! (Man, I love backward compatibility. I am one of the lost souls that never owned a Wii.)

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@Sir_Deadly They keep rising, but they are nowhere near Wii levels, they can't even match X1.

@ICHIkatakuri I might, but I highly doubt it will make any difference whatsoever for the WiiU. If I look at previous sales figures for the series, there is little cause for optimisim.

minotaurgamer

minotaurgamer said:

I really hope they bring this here to america. looks very good.

and I cant complain about a RE producer making the western film version. The RE movies make lots of money, and they are simply fun. bring them on.

Hy8ogen

Hy8ogen said:

This is the instance I wished the Wii U doesn't have the stupid region lock.

rbmoura85

rbmoura85 said:

@Ralek85 the reason you are looking for is the gamepad. Any game that uses the gamepad in an interesting way interests nintendo.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@Sir_Deadly X1=Xbox One^^ Well, but you are suggesting there is little to no correlation between a systems hardware and software sales. The Wii at the time had like, I don't know about a 90 million user installbase and the Fatal Frame 2 sales were terrible, they were also terrible on PS2 and X1, altogether the biggest installbase you possibly ask for in the history of home-console gaming. The WiiU is at what? About 7 Million, relative to the combined sales of ps2,xbox and wii that is just nothing.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@rbmoura85 Maybe you are right, that could be a reason for them to bring it over. But riddle me this, how they go about advertising this potentially great use of the gamepad? It's not like it would much sense to run a SSB spot, followed by a Fatal Frame spot ... it's just a tough sell.

darklinkinfinite

darklinkinfinite said:

It would be amazing if this was localized in the West and included a localized copy of Fatal Frame 4 in the same way that Bayonetta 2 includes a port of the first game.

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

@Ralek85 I don't think it will set the world on fire or even think that people who buy into the wii u will necessarily buy a new copy of the game. But after Christmas, or throughout next year when someone thinks "I really fancy playing #insert Nintendo first part game list here# but don't want to buy a console for that/those games alone". Extras like this, bayonetta, wonderful 101, devils 3rd are going to help sway people.

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@ICHIkatakuri I agree in general, but I'm not sure that Fatal Frame plays in the same league in the U.S. and Europe. I mean we don't even know yet if the game will be any good at all in the first place^^ Sometimes there are reasons why games don't get localised, sometimes they are just not that good.
But I don't think that will be the case here, and like I said several times, I do hope we will get it. I would certainly buy it, especially if it does something interesting with the Gamepad. I won't hold my breath though, worst case scenario will be a pleasent surprise upon the announcment of it's localisation.
I'd vastly prefer to hear something about SMTXFE though, I hope Gamescom or, more likely, TGS will shed some light!! :-D

Mystemo

Mystemo said:

Hopefully the immense fan support of Project Zero/Fatal Frame 4 (most notably the fantastic fan-translation) will be enough to convince them to localize this version. Can't really see any reason why they shouldn't

jbrewer99

jbrewer99 said:

wow looks amazing. please localize this or hell, throw in some subtitles even and ship it. hehe. im totallt looking forward to this.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

Looks absolutely fantastic. I hope they localize this.

I'd like to point out that this isn't the Wii era anymore. Nintendo has been a LOT better about localizing games this generation. Localizing these games fills out the lineup of games to help prevent droughts. While Fatal Frame is niche, it's a game like Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third. It's another strong exclusive game that is outside of the normal things people expect from Nintendo. It stands out on the Wii U, where as on XB1/PS4 it would likely get buried among all the other games (well it would if it weren't for their weak libraries at the moment). Strong exclusives like this help build the Wii U's library and only benefits it in the end. Nintendo has no reason not to localize this, especially since they co-own the Fatal Frame franchise.

seng2kx

seng2kx said:

This is exactly what the Wii U needs! Can't wait! It better come to the US.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

@Ralek85 I wouldnt base the future Fatal Frame sales off of the Wii games. Niether released in NA. I believe they would have done exceptionally well here. Example, remember Project Rainfall? Somehow i think they initially didnt release those games because sales weren't good. But gamers in NA really wanted to get them over here. There will be enough appeal here i am sure of it!

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@Sir_Deadly I honestly can't say. But you got a point insofar, that it would be a rather unique offering, especially on the WiiU but, really, all around since these kind of games are still quite rare.

AceTrainerBean

AceTrainerBean said:

ALL MY WANT. I hope Nintendo localise this in Europe and the USA it will be amazing. The Wii U needs more survival horror.

Bisna

Bisna said:

I will literally buy 7 if it comes to North America, know this Nintendo. We have YET to have a Fatal Frame game on Nintendo in North America, excluding Spirit Camera on 3DS which was great.

Cobra

Cobra said:

This is the entire reason I got a Wii U a year ago, in anticipation of this game. This game is what the Wii U was made for. The gamepad is the camera obscura, and we need this dubbed and sent our way.

theBluntKnight

theBluntKnight said:

This game looks pretty cool. Nintendo should definitely bring this to the west. The hollywood Fatal Frame film in the works suggests to me that they intend to bring this to the west - as well they should.

UltimateDespair

UltimateDespair said:

I actually got a Wii U knowing (hoping) that a Fatal Frame game would happen. If this doesn't get released in EU (couldn't care less about US :P) then I will attempt a boycott of the Wii U and future first party games and yes sell my Wii U for pittance.

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

Fatal Frame seems like a movie that would go nicely along the lines of The Ring and The Grudge. Let's not forget that one of Saw's original visionaries was also Japanese.
The movie seems like a no-brainer for American audiences, but the manga? The Wii U game?
No offense to European markets, but the US is the world's biggest market because of the English language. It's streamlined American culture.
European markets? Not even close.
And gamers HATE subtitles. So, triple the localization budget (if not 5-8x larger) just to cater to countries like Belgium and Poland who, if my info is correct, has been the lowest first world market for Nintendo titles for over 20 years now. The sheer audacity of it is banal.
And for the simple reason the majority of gamers would refuse to buy a subtitled game, IF it is localized, Nintendo would likely only pay a small English cast, potentially even hiring internally.
That, people, is the reality of the Wii U's install base.
Shovel Knight isn't out yet? I guess the whole '8-15 languages' they needed to include, the ratings checks, additional bug testing and distribution adds both time AND money, huh?
Fatal Frame MIGHT be localized, in English and subtitled in non-English speaking locales, but it's not happening for a long time, and that's only if both FF and Hyrule Warriors do well.
They haven't talked seriously about localizing Yokai Watch yet. They definitely haven't spoken very seriously about Puzzle and Dragons Z, so why would Nintendo spend (potentially) 2-3 million localizing a game that, to be frank, would fall into a niche and sell terribly.
For a system that has sold 7.3-7.5 million units, MK8's 1.6-1.8 million sales are astronomical. But to localize, they'll need to push a million copies of HW worldwide and 300k-400k copies of this new FF.
I don't want to come across as a hater but as a realist.
-> If this doesn't get released in EU (couldn't care less about US ) then I will attempt a boycott of the Wii U and future first party games and yes sell my Wii U for pittance.
THAT is what we should avoid.
THAT sounds like a fanboy regretting his choice.
Sorry, UltimateDespair, but you fell right into it.
I wouldn't give you or anyone pittance for such an obnoxious attitude, acting like Nintendo should sacrifice it's empire to sate the appetites of those chomping on pipe dreams. It's not in your hands.
But IF Nintendo wants to see if localization is worth it, put up a pre-order. Vote with your wallets, not your mouths and then we'll see what happens.
Half of the people who demand these games never buy them, so why should Nintendo bother listening?
(/devil's advocate rant)
Don't jump on your keyboards and get mad.
Go out and DO something.

TheGamerWinter

TheGamerWinter said:

LETS THIS COME TO THE UNITED STATES PLEASE!!!! (T~T) I was so angry and heart broken when the 4th one didn't get localized if this doesn't I'm never buying a not her Nintendo product. Nintendo doesn't have a decent verity of games for survival horror fans my wii just gather dusts and the 1 hour 3ds fatal frame knock of wasn't a good substitute.