Club Nintendo Rewards Updated for July

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Do a barrel throw!

A sky-climbing star, a rank-climbing boxer, barrel rollers and a barrel thrower are all up as Club Nintendo rewards this month in North America, if you have the coins. The following titles will be available until 4th August:

Aura-Aura Climber — 100 Coins
Donkey Kong ‘94 — 100 Coins
Super Punch-Out!! — 150 Coins
Star Fox 64 — 200 Coins

A nice cross-section of systems is represented this month, with the Game Boy’s Donkey Kong and DSiWare’s Aura-Aura offered through the 3DS eShop and Super Punch-Out!! for the SNES and Star Fox 64 offered through the Wii Shop Channel.

The annual Platinum and Gold gifts for Club Nintendo Elite members will also be announced soon. Until then, are you thinking of passing the time by picking up any of this month’s game offerings?

Which Club Nintendo Reward will you pick up first? (244 votes)

Aura-Aura Climber (3DS eShop)

Donkey Kong ‘94 (3DS eShop)

19%

Super Punch-Out!! (Wii Shop)

Star Fox 64 (Wii Shop)

21%

Nothing for me this time

50%

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via club.nintendo.com]

Related Games

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Pitiful selection this month. How many times has DK been a CN reward now?

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

I actually highly recommend Aura-Aura Climber, they need to offer something a little more than a 200 point game though, but it's a superb title

cbkummer

cbkummer said:

I got DK last year, and I have Star Fox 64 3D (Which to me is the superior version), so no thanks.

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

1. Already got that. (It's also 1.99 in the eShop, save your coins!)
2. Already got that.
3. Hmm, thinking about getting that...
4. And that too. Leaning towards star fox at that point...

bugaham

bugaham said:

I got DK. It's an amazing game, but I already have the GB cartridge.. I wish we could just get some E-Shop credit.

KingH3nrry

KingH3nrry said:

Disappointing selection again, Nintendo... When do you think'll they'll actually give us what we want, games for Wii U!

kingston589

kingston589 said:

already got dk last year on club nintendo, aura aura climber ill pay the 2 dollars for (even though its really good), super punch-out can die in a ditch, and i dont have enough for star fox, but im planning on getting it in an original n64 cartridge

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Already got aura climber and donkey kong, got star fox on my broken wii and star fox 3d so I won't be getting any games, can't wait for the elite rewards.

snoox

snoox said:

I have Platinum status, do I get a gold gift AND or OR a platinum gift? I'm guess OR :(

Maskeraid

Maskeraid said:

I had super PunchOut on my old Wii, but not the one I transferred the data from, so I'll grab this some time. And SF64 possibly... But I have already logged over 100 hours on the 3ds version to 100% it, so I don't know.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

Let's see. I already have Aura-Aura Climber and so the only one which slightly catches my fancy is Star Fox 64.

That said, I think I'll hold off this time. ;)

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

3rd parties need to get in on this too. It's only 1st party games they offer as rewards and so the monthly selection is very limited.

sinanziric

sinanziric said:

This is for Americans only I guess... :(((((((((((((((((((((((( NOTHING FOR EU!!!!!!!!!111

47drift

47drift said:

I really like how I looked at this list and said to myself, "Wow, not a single bad game this month!" And sure enough the first comment down is complaining about bad selection.

zeldazero

zeldazero said:

So how come they don't have games that can be bought to put on the Wii U yet???? Also, yes Star Fox is best choice.

Epicnessofme99

Epicnessofme99 said:

Hmmm...... I worry about if I do end up buying Starfox that some awesome prize will end up showing up and I won't have the coins for it. I'll definitely buy it, just at the end of the month.

dings

dings said:

I bought DK when it first came to the shop, got SPU as a reward when it was offered last but have not gotten Star Fox 64 yet and was seriously considering doing so! Now I can with out paying!

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Hmm, I got Donkey Kong 94 when it was up last year. I have Star Fox in 3D. Maybe Aura-Aura Climber even though it is 1.99. I'll come back to this.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

I'll look into Aura-Aura Climber, & Super Punch Out, though I think I'd be smarter, & maybe better off in the long run, if I save my coins for CN merchandise.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

@snoox Unfortunately it's or. Typically the platinum rewards are much better, but occasionally a gold one may be more to your taste.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

@snoox Gold members only get Gold prizes, while Platinum members get both Gold and Platinum prizes. However, you can only pick one item out of everything that would be offered, so choose wisely!

Wii_Win

Wii_Win said:

Just FYI, I'm actually a fan of Aura-Aura Climber. Not sure if you should get it with coins or cash tho...
Certainly worth your two bucks!

Than64

Than64 said:

@47drift I thought the same thing. I remember when Aura came out a while back and it sounded interesting, and I think Star Fox is a fantastic selection!

Wiidsguy

Wiidsguy said:

Also I find it odd that people are complaining about free stuff. Just saying.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I own all of these except Aura Climber.

And this time they offered pretty good games, although it is not the first time SPO or DK have been offered.

SonataAndante

SonataAndante said:

I'm not sure why they repeat DK94 so frequently but oh well, it's a fantastic game and I hope more people play it. Nothing for me this month, as I own everything listed besides Aura (seems to be a trend in these comments) and it's only $2 if I do want it. They're not going to toss out all the best stuff for free every month anyways. They still put out some new gems too. I've been wanting to get F-Zero X for ages and I've been searching for a cartridge copy of it, as they run about the same price as the Wii VC version. Then all of a sudden it pops up as a June reward and I'm able to get it for free. No complaints from me.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

I don't know... I'm thinking I should get Star Fox 64... But what if something comes up better next week...? Or what if I find Star Fox 64 3D...?? Forget it... A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. STAR FOX 64!!!

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

I thought about Aura-Aura Climber, but a $2 game isn't worth 100 hard earned coins. For 50 coins I would give it a shot though.

RR529

RR529 said:

I don't have enough coins for anything (they were well spent on Super Metroid, when it was available), but I already have Donkey Kong '94, so I'm good.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

@KnightRider666 I really wouldn't bother to get any games for coins because you can redeem coins for something physical and rare, but alas there is less and less worth while rewards to get.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@undead_terror: The rewards they have right now are a joke. I'm sitting on over 1,500 coins with nothing to get. I check daily for something new to be added. I have got some great items in the past though. I wish they would make a Game & Watch Collection 3 for the 3DS. I have the first 2 DS games they offered. The Tingle Balloon Fight game would be cool if they localized it.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I would have to say Super Punch-Out, only because I have Star Fox 64 3D and I see no point to getting the original VC game :(

@Azikira nope, but the images on the front page aren't showing, about it.

@KnightRider666 yay, the game offers are great usually, but those rewards are very pathetic. I want the Hanafuda cards, but than they where gone, and I was saving up for the Game & Watch Ball game, when I had enough, it was gone. sigh

rjejr

rjejr said:

Got Star Fox 64, which I honestly haven't seen as a reward before but for all the comments I may have missed it.

Have to say I forgot games were like this in 1997. Game Over screens. Only 2 lives. No save points. 3 initials for your score keeping the 80's memories alive. Back then I was playing all the JRPGs I could get a hold of on my PSOne and the biggest complaint was having to find a check point. This game just seems like it was made for the arcade to eat up quarters, not for a home console.

It's fun, but it's weird. (Though I did just finish Jak and Daxter a few nights ago, play that before/after this if you don't know what I'm talking about. Though Super Mario Sunshine may be close enough. That was my first ever Nintendo game. That or Starfox Adventures (which I know has nothing to do with this), or Luigi's Mansion, one of those 3.)

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@hydeks: I have both items. The ball G&W was a big waste of coins, but then again; if you have a lot of coins like me, it's better than getting nothing. The Hanafuda cards looked cool, I haven't opened them(and I probably won't). I even got the golden Wii nunchuck, but strictly for collector's purposes. my favorite rewards were both G&W collections for the DS for 800 coins each.

Nictendo64

Nictendo64 said:

Wouldn't mind downloading some of these games for my Wii U. I mean theoretically I could through the Wii Channel, but the Wii U's pro controller or gamepad doesn't work with it. :(

crazyj2312

crazyj2312 said:

there's not nearly as much variety on the 3ds side as there is for the wii side. for a vc that can support not only game gear but nes and game boy advance, you'd think that the rewards would be more varied than metriod 2 and donkey kong like seriously those games have been up too many times this year

ikki5

ikki5 said:

Starfox interests me, though I wish I could get it on the Wii U instead....but I may settle for my Wii.

Beechbone

Beechbone said:

How is that UK Club Nintendo gets literally nothing in terms of digital download rewards?

ANGRYBALDMAN666

ANGRYBALDMAN666 said:

@Beechbone I know its always the same here in the UK we get nothing there is no point in being in the UK Club Nintendo there is nothing you can get with your stars which is any good :(

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I had to pick up DK'94 this time around. I missed it that last time it was offered as a CN reward and I wasn't going to repeat the same mistake twice.

Chipmunk107

Chipmunk107 said:

It's cool to discover Aura-Aura Climber! I'll definitely buy it though rather than spend 100 coins. Can't wait for the Platinum and Gold rewards to be announced! :)

ferthepoet

ferthepoet said:

got DK'94 one of my favorite games of all time, for anyone that does not have it its the best way to spend your coins

Shambo

Shambo said:

I want ANYTHING INTERESTING on the European Clun Nintendo... I finally have a lot o stars, but the only things worth them disappear and don't get replaced... I want collectibles, that actually add to my collection; or games...

KingMike

KingMike said:

I blew 40 coins earned from Project X Zone. I read it wrong and thought I had 260 coins for the year (figured I might as well get that calendar) when it said I was 260 coins away. :(

Nareva

Nareva said:

I would be much more likely to go in for one of these digital downloads if they were on the Wii U. I play quite a bit on the gamepad while my wife and I watch the tube and I would love to play StarFox 64, but if I can only play it on the television, I won't bother.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Azikira

I don't have crashes, but I made a survey and even if they gave me the coins, they did not go towards the Elite, as it still says I need 300 to get to Gold.

russellohh

russellohh said:

Does anyone else write down the codes/camera phone them at Gamestop? For used games, especially those 4-5 years old, I figure the original buyer and the next 6 purchasers had their chance already. I already own all the Marios and Laytons and Kirbys, but Monster High, Dance Fever 7 or whatever its called, never interested me. But when the game is 5 years old and no one ever registered it... well then. In 7 years or so of doing this, I've actually only come across one already-registered game. I think I had 5,000 coins for a bit there...

Windy

Windy said:

@KnightRider666 Me and you are in the same boat. I have 1200 coins and nothing really to spend them on. I would definately like some of the DSi software to be added or even some WiiWare. They should start running some clearance sales on WiiWare. I wonder how long they will keep the Wii-shop open since they are starting to close down online services for Wii

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Windy: Yeah, right? I haven't even powered on my Wii in at least 6 months to a year. I'm waiting for a price drop before I even consider getting a Wii U.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

I was saving up for a Game & Watch, but now that's out... The rewards are getting very lacking as of late. The US needs to take a page from Japan's book.

Windy

Windy said:

@KnightRider666 I still play my wii quite a bit. Ive actually been playing some racing games. I went through Need For Speed the Run and Started Auto Modellista for gamecube on Wii. But 90% of my games played are on 3ds

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

I'm already almost a Platinum Member for this new Year's Cycle!
I'm glad I waited to register my:
WiiU
Oracle Series Games
Super Metroid
Yoshi
Crazy Chicken 3D
Nintendo Land
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

There needs to be an option for these polls something like the following. "I already downloaded all the ones I wanted out of that list."

Beau_Skunk

Beau_Skunk said:

@Ralizah
This is only the second time to my knowledge, and it's actually a very good game, (in fact, my favorite B&W Gameboy game) and much better/longer then the original DK. It's funny how people don't realize the Gameboy Donkey Kong is a completely different game from the original NES/arcade DK.

I'm a li'l sad to see not so much love for Super Punch-Out. (Which I already have on Wii.) I actually thought it was better, and had more possible ways to beat your opponents in it then the more beloved NES one. Time trial mode was fun to. (And unlike the NES one, I can actually beat the SNES one.)

allav866

allav866 said:

Since the Hanafuda Cards, Game&Watch Ball, Game&Watch Collections 1 and 2, the Gold Nunchuk, some poster sets and notebooks, and the Mario shoelaces are all unavailable, the Rewards section seems a bit too empty.