Two Mega Man Titles Get a Two Day eShop Discount in U.S.

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

"2 Games, 2 Dollars each, 2 Days"

UPDATE: Nintendo of America has confirmed that the promotion only applies to the United States and not all of North America as was originally reported.

Original story:

Nintendo of America has been running weekly Virtual Console deals on the eShop platforms for around a month, but is now shaking things up with a quickfire two day sale in the United States.

Both of the following Mega Man titles are available for $2 from today, but the offer only runs until 08:59 Pacific / 13:59 Eastern on 18th December.

While both are tempting offers, the brilliant Super NES title on the Wii U represents a significant saving. Will you be jumping onto the eShop to pick up either of these titles for a couple of bucks?

Thanks to Ryno for the tip.

Related Games

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

2 games, 2 days and 2$...

Why does it reminds me of luigi? :>
(I blame melee)

Also I should get Dr. Wily revenge. Only mega man gameboy game I didnt finished.

lckulczak

lckulczak said:

Awesome! I was hoping Mega Man X would be discounted with all the other Mega Man games a few weeks ago. Downloading this today!

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

This and the Skylanders Wii U bundle at newegg.com for $219.99......great day for random deals

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Getting both as soon as I get home. Thankfully I still have some credit available. They really should do these things more often and advertise them.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

I hope this 2 Games, 2 Dollars, 2 Days thing goes on until the end of the year.

Will pick up the GB game, I already own X.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

What about the missing games ? Didnt capcom announce that the would at least complete the handheld collection ?
I have bought both games already and to be honest, i dont care what i pay for them. I bought megaman games on pretty much every console, everytime they are available multiple times :D Im totally nuts when it comes to this series.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

It's days like today that obsessive compulsively checking Nintendolife pays off! GB Megaman for me!

ejamer

ejamer said:

Maybe this is US only? The 3DS title isn't showing as a sale item for me (Canada) which is pretty disappointing. I'll check the Wii U game later in the day.

Edit: Ended up taking a short break and confirmed that Mega Man X (Wii U) isn't on sale in Canada either - at least not yet. Rather disappointing. Getting that game for $2 would've been an incredible deal.

Maybe the article title should be changed, as calling it a North American sale doesn't appear to be accurate.

Ryno

Ryno said:

I hope these deals continue for a little while and it is not just a one and done thing!

Shworange

Shworange said:

Awesome! Glad I waited and didn't purchase mega man X! You will be mine in about two hours.

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

Awesome. I'm definitely picking up Mega Man X.. in fact, I'll do it right now.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@ejamer Hm, I'd check again later or tomorrow. These promotions have all been North America as a region up to now, so it'd be random if this one wasn't.

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

Bought MMX,can't wait to try it out and see for myself if the X series is as good as the classic MM series.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@ThomasBW84 - A 2 day $2 sale pops up out of nowhere and you're concerned about it being too random?

NL review scores (I had to click thru 2 links to get these, don't these articles usually mention whether the game is worth getting or not)

Dr. Wily - 6
MMX - 9

Since X is normally $8 and on sale for $2 I guess that's a must buy. $2 for a $4 game that got a 6 makes me think I'll pass on that one.

daveh30

daveh30 said:

Still not showing on sale in Canada, but as soon as it does, I'll pick up X

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@rjejr It's our house practice to link to the overall game page, so you can look at screens, assets, latest stories related to a game or the review, whatever you want. An extra click shouldn't hurt anyone!

I shouldn't think these offers are "random" in the sense Nintendo just pops them up with little planning, it was likely setup internally at least a week ago. Nothing on the official site says this is U.S. only, so it's certainly worth waiting a day to see whether there's just been a hitch updating the store in different countries. We'll ask NoA, anyway.

daveh30

daveh30 said:

It is showing up on the Canadian Nintendo website, just not on the eShop yet...

Lan

Lan said:

Awesome, Steam-like sales finally! This is what eShop needs. People can't resist impulse-buying games when they're so cheap.

Dogpigfish

Dogpigfish said:

It's a great deal, but I think the big news is minecraft ps3 comes out. Good marketing strategy to steer the news to something else, though. I'll pick up megaman x, it's been a while.

ejamer

ejamer said:

@ThomasBW84
@daveh30
Fair enough - if it's showing up on the Canadian website, and if other deals are normally shared across both regions, then I'll just keep my fingers crossed and check back later. :)

rjejr

rjejr said:

@ThomasBW84 - "An extra click shouldn't hurt anyone!"

But, but, but...

Seriously though, you, Damo Orla or whoever usually write a little something along the lines of:

We gave MMX a 9 out of 10 in our review - here - so you'll want to pick that one up ASAP. But you might want to read our review of Dr. Wily first - here - as it only got a 6 and maybe isn't worth playing at any price.

This is what happens you spoil you're children, they learn to expect everything handed to them on a silver platter :-)

KCMOTO

KCMOTO said:

If only MMX was available on 3DS.....
So it's on the eShop meaning digital and yet it's only for WiiU? I know what eShop stands for, but why not make it for both platforms? This isn't a new game by any means. Please pardon my "newbie Nintendo mentality" as I'm new to the 3DS family as of Cyber Monday. On the other hand, PSN offers most PS1/PS2 on both PS3 & Vita and you only buy it once/play on both systems. I hope to see that feature incorporated eventually, but I won't hold my breath.
This happened last week or so with A Link to the Past for 150 gold coins, of which I had enough, BUT only for WiiU eShop. My heart sank. Wouldn't it be a spectacle to be able to play ALttP & the new Link between Worlds on the 3DS? Yes!..... But that isn't happening. Any ways, hopefully they'll do that sometime in the foreseeable future. As for MMX, I'd love to purchase & play, but alas it is not for my 3DS nor me.

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

Awesome tip, thanks!
I have MMX already but will gladly try the 1st Gameboy outing for 2 dollars =)

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

I'll do everything in my power to get X. With it, I'll have 2, 3 abd X ready to start for the first time on the same place.

JustinH

JustinH said:

@ThomasBW84 Thanks for being diligent and asking Nintendo! I'm sure you guys can understand that we Canucks would be upset to miss this deal.

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

Ahh I've been checking every 10 minutes the Wii U eShop (I'm in Mexico) and MM X still doesn't have discount :(. Hope it appears later today.

burninmylight

burninmylight said:

Say what you want about Capcom's other policies, but between shipping a free Classic Controller Pro with a preorder of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the Halloween sale on Resi Revelations and this, Capcom can have my cash.

KillScottKill

KillScottKill said:

YES. I'm glad I held off on downloading X1 - even though I own it on like five different platforms already. Seriously, it's the best game EVAR. I was going to get it when X2 came out for North America.

Oh yeah, can that please happen sometime soon? Thanks.

MeWario

MeWario said:

Man, what a great deal! Too bad Nintendo AU is the biggest waste of space on this planet and wouldn't ever manage to arrange something like this.

Stu13

Stu13 said:

This is so cool. I don't even particularly want Wily's Revenge, but I feel like I should buy it just to help encourage Nintendo to keep doing this kind of thing.

ejamer

ejamer said:

@JonWahlgren
Boo! ;)

Oh well. I'm a little bit jealous of people who can grab this awesome deal, but c'est la vie. Thanks for the confirmation - better to know one way or the other.

KingMike

KingMike said:

I have a physical copy of Dr. Wily's Revenge but I guess I can't pass up a digital copy for $2.

I already bought MMX on Wii, so if I ever buy a Wii U, I could pay $0 to $1.50 to play it any day.

Subaru

Subaru said:

I want to know why Canada is being left out of this deal. Why should I have to pay $7.99, when the US gets it for $2 for two days?

cheleuitte

cheleuitte said:

Good news for me, I was waiting for the Megaman X to be at a special price so I'm downloading now at the speed of light!!

millarrp

millarrp said:

Too bad this isn't on sale outside the US eStore. I don't have Dr. Wily's Revenge yet

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

Sigh. Of course they do. Someone should tell Capcom/Nintendo that the Internet is available outside the US.

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

Picked up MMX, played Wily's Revenge once and really didn't like it. I already have MMX on the MMX Collection. But Miiverse and some better controls (Wii U gamepad has a more SNES game suitable layout) made it worth the cheap $2.

umegames

umegames said:

even though i have the gamecube x collection, i can't resist buying a classic megaman game for $2

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

I now have a huge back log of games to play and the list is getting longer.....I really need the wife and kids to go on vacation for a month or so......

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

Europe will never have anything like this.

And sucks for the people in Canada that can't take part in this because this is country blocked offer for only USA.

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

@FadedSun There aren't ANY SNES games available on the 3DS VC. Kind of weird, too, because my 4 year-old smartphone can run them just fine.

Vriess

Vriess said:

Can't remember, but did Nintendo do a sort of "Steam Christmas sales thing" in the eshop last year?

jpfan1989

jpfan1989 said:

@Gerbwmu same and a few months off of work i got a list spread across 5 systems 3DS(13), DS(4), Wii(10), WiiU(9) and Xbox360(9) and thats just counting the ones i can remember off the top of my head.

delt75

delt75 said:

I've been wanting to get Mega Man X since it was released. Glad I waited!!!!

Subaru

Subaru said:

@PinkSpider Considering most physical copies of the games go for much more. $5.99 is honestly cheap. But, what ticks me off, is that Canada/EU/etc is left out of this deal.

KARNOVsSTACHE

KARNOVsSTACHE said:

Really stinks for peeps outside of the US... Would get MM X if it was on 3DS. I can't wait for SNES games to appear on the 3DS eShop. Would love to play "E.V.O. Search for Eden" on my 3DS. Hoping Nintendo keeps this promotion going.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Wait, is MMX $1.99, or $5.99? Seems to be conflicting reports.
(Welp, I guess I'll just bring up the eShop on my GamePad and see for myself <<crossing fingers>>)

komodo182

komodo182 said:

Where's the love for Canadians? I have physical copies of these, but I would buy them anyway for $2

Link41x

Link41x said:

WTF? Why is Canada left out of this? Damn they are treating us like EU....

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Just picked up Mega Man for the Game Boy. I hope we see more $2 specials until the end of the month - or at least through Christmas!

ejamer

ejamer said:

Update: Now available in Canada. Not sure when it started or when it will end since there was no announcement (that I saw). Get your cheap Mega Man while it lasts!