Bayonetta 2 has North American Release Date Confirmed

Posted by Matt Suckley

Witch Time

Following a wait which felt like an eternity, it's finally been revealed when exactly gamers will be getting their hands on Bayonetta 2. Well, gamers in North America at least. You see, we've yet to see a European release date for Platinum's much-anticipated Wii U exclusive, but we finally know when the American launch will be taking place – and it's not very far away.

The 24th of October is when it'll all be kicking off for our friends across the pond, who'll also be able to bag themselves a free copy of the original Bayonetta with a purchase of Bayonetta 2. However, for those over in Europe that process is a little different.

To get both games in a single retail package in Europe, you'll have to shell out for a special 2-disc edition. Or, alternatively, you'll be able to grab the original game from the eShop as a separate purchase. Hopefully we'll be able to report on a European release date very soon, but in the meantime, will any of you North Americans be grabbing Bayonetta 2 on release day?

Related Games

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I know who can scratch a date off his calendar now...

I am happy with this. 31st would fit like a glove, but let's face it, why should we have to wait an extra week? This and The Evil Within will give me a gritty October.

whodatninja

whodatninja said:

Still no release date for Europe? Don't tell me they're delaying it... Not only that but we still HAVE to buy a mystery "special edition" (not up for pre-order anywhere btw) to get the original? Not cool!

I would like some actual info soon from Nintendo!

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589 said:

Can't wait! Hope to see more Bayonetta games. I heard someone at Platinum Games or Nintendo mention they would like to make a 3DS game spin off starring Jeanne. I was so willing to pay whatever price for the 1st game a 3rd time, love it to death. Now I just have to finish it on my PS3 on the hardest difficulty for the platinum.

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589 said:

For those that haven't played the 1st game. IT'S AMAZING! FUN gameplay and the game has so much to unlock. And cool secrets too.

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589 said:

SOME secrets have an alternative way of unlocking if any of you find it too hard to do it the challenging way.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

The main reason why I got a Wii U, I gotta get The New Persona 4 Arena game in late September, then Smash Bros a few days later and now Bayonetta . Gotta save up my money.

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

Wow so much new nintendo news today…sweet! This is absolutely Day 1 for me i've been waiting so long at least we finally have a date now if they could somehow throw in the 5 disc Bayonetta 2 soundtrack i would probably lose my mind!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Is the included first game a limited time only or will it be always there. I'm not day oneing this but if it's limited to a small time period I just might have to.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

My wallet is going to hate me during the month of October. Five of the games I preordered are out the same week (2 on the 21st and 3 on the 24th). Lucky for me, my birthday happens to be that month too lol

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@MAN1AC Even if it's released on December 31st 2014 it counts for that year and not the next so it can only be GotY for 2014

Reverandjames

Reverandjames said:

Didn't really like the original, but intrigued by the sequel, and what it will play like on Wii U. Hopefully it won't take too long to come out in Europe 'Cough' Shovel Knight 'Cough'.

Yurikun

Yurikun said:

I cant wait to play this. Taking the day off to play this and Hyrule Warriors.

FragRed

FragRed said:

Hang on, you mean the Bayonetta 2 I pre-ordered I ordered from Amazon UK doesn't come with the 1st game on disc? I am sure it said it has both!!?

blaze8937

blaze8937 said:

Finally a release date but my god im gonna be broke for the next couple months thanks to comic con and nintendo

whodatninja

whodatninja said:

@FragRed Yeah it still says it in the item description on Amazon. Do I have to order a different release or don't i? I'd like to know soon!

Diddy_kong

Diddy_kong said:

Considering this game will likely be about 10 hours long (like every other action game I've ever played) I have no idea why it took so long to develop.

Regardless, I am still excited for it, but it's died down a bit. The thing was announced in 2012... jeez this took forever.

sainrub

sainrub said:

Dat Box Art is saweet.

Liking that bonus up in da corner telling me Bayonetta is included as well.

Lasermaster123

Lasermaster123 said:

Can't wait to get this game!

Looks amazing! Yea 31st October would have been perfect but hey its a week early! Plus its got the 1st game included so this is a must buy for action game fans!

BigH88

BigH88 said:

Day 1 buy. Loved the first one but will play through it again to play with those Ninty costumes.

eleccross

eleccross said:

Why do I keep seeing this as news everywhere? They announced the release date at E3.

millarrp

millarrp said:

I will probably have to wait until after Christmas to pick this one up. My family doesn't like it when I keep buying the games released after mid September since that limits what they can get as gifts.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

I'm getting confused Amazon UK says this: "Bayonetta comes packed in with the purchase of every retail packaged version of Bayonetta 2." is this not true.

Andyjm

Andyjm said:

Jazzer if that's on the Amazon description then that's what you'll get. They're usually pretty accurate and it's clear what you should get.

LDXD

LDXD said:

Can't wait and that box art looks sick!
It's a shame UK doesn't get both games though

Ak_Dub

Ak_Dub said:

Day 1! The Wonderful 101 was my introduction to Platinum & I have a feeling they know exactly what I like.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Might have to wait until November depending on if I get a 3DS XL or not. The New one kinda took me by surprise, so...yeah. lol

FragRed

FragRed said:

@Jazzer94 you're not the only one confused. I pre-ordered from Amazon UK under the assumption it came with the first game, now I am questioning how true it is.

I wish someone in the know would come out and clarify.

burninmylight

burninmylight said:

The news we've been waiting two years for. I want to download, but I can't seem to figure out why I'm so intrigued by that box...

Hero-of-WiiU

Hero-of-WiiU said:

I'll get it next year, From now until end of 2015 I am going to be sorely broke and while trying to get most of the games, I won't have money left saving.

SahashraLA

SahashraLA said:

One week delay, getting this on Halloween. Which is fine as both Lego Batman 2 and Lego Marvel weren't as good as I'd hoped they'd be. So, passing on Lego Batman 3 and getting Bayonetta 2 instead.

Leu10antFalcon

Leu10antFalcon said:

On October 24th, this is the one (counting the free disc original) game I simply cannot refuse. My wallet and body are more than ready for the Bayonetta 2 launch.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@sinalefa - Been a busy news day today huh, really surpised there wasn't a western ND to cover it all, release dates, amiibo pricing, Wii U bundles and a new 3DS model. If they do have an ND in Sept they must have some secrets to unveil :-)

Daisaku36

Daisaku36 said:

Can't wait to get this and the first. Even though I've already beaten the first one about a year ago, I'll still play it on Wii U. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

well this game was looking good but dont think i will get it due to too many games coming out so close to each other >.< darn it

EnyoTheFirst

EnyoTheFirst said:

Day One!
I'm so relieved that this is coming out at the opposite end of the month from Smash for the 3DS-- works great for my budget.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

Day one, actually minus 1. Fred Meyers always puts them out the day before where I live, sometimes 2 days.

WoottWinds

WoottWinds said:

Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, and Pokémon Art Academy on the same day, with Smash 3DS coming out earlier in the month....? Why would you do this to my wallet, Nintendo......?!?!?

Mizzah_Tee

Mizzah_Tee said:

Make sure you support #OperationPlatinum everyone. It's a movement started to try to make sure Bayonetta 2 reaches 1 million+ copies sold worldwide. Spread the word and support Platinum Games and this awesome title!

Gabjazz

Gabjazz said:

I will. I have preorder two copies. One for collection. I will just love this franchise!!!

zionich

zionich said:

Day one, yes yes yes. I'm just going to start direct depositing my check to Nintendo for a while.

element187

element187 said:

I'm buying it exactly midnight. I need this game.

I was playing through the first Bayonetta about a week before E3 and soon as the first was announced to come with it, I stopped playing immediately. I want to play both games back to back. Might as well do it on the same console.

After how amazing Wonderful 101 was, I cannot wait to pick up Bayonetta 2.

On a side note, I'm so glad Nintendo switched to Friday releases for big games. Gives me the whole weekend to enjoy it

Manaphy2007

Manaphy2007 said:

well my b-day is on nov. 1st so its going to be my 8 days early b-day present, that is if i went to the store and buy it but i did pre-ordered it so it may or may not arrive on the 1st. so looking at the calender it may arrive on my b-day since it does usually take 7-days so im hoping it does

Gameday

Gameday said:

Will be on it , live com as usual first time on the game series. Playing through both back to back ~

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

It's kind of funny that European gamers are complaining about the release dates. It honestly seems that most Wii U gamers come out earlier in in European countries.
One game, a 'mature' title, gets an earlier NA release and it's a full out march on Nintendo HQ.
From what I've read, the German ratings board is almost as restrictive, going so far as to prohibit advertising or even display of certain 'inappropriate' titles, relegating them to 'unless you ask, we don't carry them'.
Bayonetta 1 wasn't exactly the tamest game and the sequel likely has to jump through just as many hoops to avoid certain, unwanted designations.
Until those hoops are passed, the game won't get printed which means it can't ship or be sold on the eShop.
It's insane that a game could release faster than it does in NA, which suggests to me that those games were submitted much earlier to those ratings boards. The only delay we Canadian gamers have seen (in comparison to our stateside neighbours) is licensing.
Like iTunes, it seems many companies aren't applying for license in Canada, which can only be indie games with voice acting or alot of text.
Paying for the French dub / sub option is often not included in smaller studios' budgets, hence no European release and no Canadian release either.
It's unfortunate, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Fall and other similar titles delayed several months beyond their NA dates.

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

My previous statement is a bright light on Nintendo and (ultimately) the changing nature of gaming.
Nintendo creates fantasy titles with little to no voice acting.
Aside from a handful of offerings, Nintendo's first party catalogue is one of universal appeal, without need for local slang or inside humor.
There is no grand scheme, no overarching plot.
Each title is a seperate entity whose main objective is to provide stand alone fun. Fun challenges ideas, whether it concerns, controls, visuals, aural interaction or involvement.
Each unique individual has their own perceptions and ideals.
The goal is to be accommodating yet uncompromising.
While more and more companies push the Last of Us, Skyrim and DmC style experience, that is story woven into play, play incorporating entertainment, entertainment pushing sensory stimulatiob, Nintendo still attempts to engross without the cinematic extravagance.
Electronic Arts (I hate beating a dead horse, but still) is fully encapsulated in the 'new movement'. Dead Space has a movie. Dragon Age has a movie. Dante's Inferno has a movie. EA, for better or for worse, wants games to have a voice and not just a subliminal 'voice' but a voice that enunciates, punctuating each moment with a memorable, watercooler event.
The spectacle is more important than the quality or the quantity.
They do it with the movies.
They do it with all the special editions.
They do it by recycling resources.
They do it by jumping on trends and monopolizing an otherwise open market..
And they do it by eliminating retail and ownership and replacing them with subscription services, services that are entirely dependent on EA's mood, financial standing and licensing contracts.
And others are wanting to do the same.
Why isn't EA supporting the Wii U? Talk install base all you want, EA never truly supported the Wii U because they realized Nintendo wasn't going to head down the same path. Ever.
Microsoft, believing the XB1 is failing / a failure, isn't above jumping into bed with money. Even if they lose their fans' respect and their exclusive games abandon them.
Like DoA 3, DR3 and Rare, Microsoft is EXACTLY like EA, they just make the crap the games play on.