Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Figurine Spooked Off Club Nintendo

Posted by Orla Madden

Unfortunately they're all gone

During Nintendo's latest European and North American Direct broadcasts in December, the company revealed a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon figurine, making it available right away on Club Nintendo in Europe and as a pre-order in North America.

Unfortunately, it appears that the collectable is now sold out on the North American Club Nintendo, where the diorama featuring Mario's brother, the pesky Polterpup and the Greenie ghost was available for pre-order for 1500 coins.

It also seems to have disappeared from the European Club Nintendo, where users could spend 7000 of their hard earned stars on the mantle-piece worthy figurine.

Were you lucky enough to grab one of these before it sold out on Club Nintendo? Be sure to let us know by dropping a comment below.

[via gonintendo.com]

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

Argh, I hoped, that not enough people hoarded stars and that I'll get at least a small chance to catch up für the statue :/

Well...at least I got all the other Year of Luigi stuff until now ^^

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I would have got one but I didn't have enough coins or ways to get enough for that. I might check out eBay down the line to see how much they are going for and pick one up there at some point.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

ive got 17,000 points and was gonna get it the other day and it had gone. I put it off coz wasn't that interested but now its gone i want it lol... typical

Eatpower

Eatpower said:

I'm just waiting to see wheather anyone will put this up on eBay. Unfortunately, I was about 6000 stars short. :(

AltDotNerd

AltDotNerd said:

I HATE when Nintendo does this! Showing us something awesome then "whoops, all gone"! I understand that it's "first come, first serve" and all that, but a lot of other fans will feel left out.

WildKatb

WildKatb said:

It's cute but, I wasnt interested in it. The trinket I really hated missing out on was the 3DS Zelda pre-order treasure chest that wasnt offered in NA.

benjamines

benjamines said:

I was thinking maybe NOA was going to wait to see how many pre-orders there were and then manufacture that many figurines. Guess not.

JellySplat

JellySplat said:

I missed out. However, my brother somehow got his hands on a WW hd Ganondorf figurine and gave it to me for Christmas! (Best X-mas present EVAR)

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I could not get it, but I told a friend and he did. So at least I will get to see it first hand.

Zach777

Zach777 said:

Nabbed one about three hours before it was removed from Club Nintendo, yo.

Mida

Mida said:

I would like to have it but it literally costs $1500 and that's just insane

goonow

goonow said:

Ill have to wait for them to come on ebay...at an affordable price...

Wildfire

Wildfire said:

So they won't be making the figurine available again?!
Oh man! I didn't had enough stars to get it... :(

Volmun

Volmun said:

id have really liked this but the club nintendo refused to work for me 8( sed that the info i enterd was "suspicios" or something... it did it on every device i triyed with my frend got it too (i triyed getting the spelling right but just culdnt...)

hypercoyote

hypercoyote said:

1600 coins seemed way too high for me....When you consider you earn roughly 1 coin per dollar spent, that's about $1600 in games to get it.

golephish

golephish said:

nope this is just like the colored docks that were up for 10 min damn you inter-webs ! Happy New Year ! 

GearsOfWarU

GearsOfWarU said:

Aww Man Really want that ... So does my Wife but only have 1090 coins ... Hope they re stock it by Summer

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

I hadn't spent my coins in forever before picking up the Zelda poster set, but luckily I had a boatload of coins saved up over the last year or two and still had enough to get this.

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

I'd love to see more figurines on the shop but NOT for that kind of coinage. It would have been a fantastic Platinum Reward, though.
Sadly, I imagine only a small % of these will go to actual Luigi fans. Most of them will become eBay gold.

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

damn i needed like 150 more coins to get it well at least i can look at other people getting it, if nintendo sold this figure for money they would had gotten alot of money from people in my opinion.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

I'm sure I had enough to purchase it if I went on inputting all my codes, but maybe it's just better to have platinum secured for the next 3 years : )

Mr_3DS

Mr_3DS said:

Blows my mind how that many people had 1500 coins ready for that doggieoopsie...I was like 500 away...

Watch the language -LZ

LastLife

LastLife said:

I was lucky to have enough to reserve one when they announced it. I had a bunch of points leftover since the only thing I ever used points on was one of those giant AR cards (which is still awesome).

Emaan

Emaan said:

I wish I got one, but then again why was it ever 1500 coins??

I mean Luigi it may have been your year but come on Nintendo.
I give major respect to anyone who happened to conveniently have 1500 coins just lying around on their Club Nintendo account. Like okay.

Just keeping it real here :*

Shambo

Shambo said:

As soon as they mentioned it, I went through my stack of Club Nintendo codes, doing survey after survey until it went automatic. I had a feeling they'd sell like ice cream on a hot summer's day, so the site not co-operating was quite frustrating at times. But I got mine ordered, glad I watch Nintendo direct! I said it countless times: I really wanted a Luigi's Mansion figurine. Same for a Wind Waker's Ganondorf. Nintendo just reads my mind! Now for cat-suit Peach, Rosalina or Toad pluches/figurines, and Wind Waker statues by F4F... Please make it happen!

SamuraiShyGuy

SamuraiShyGuy said:

I'm surprised it took this long to sell out. I ordered mine on day one expecting it to sell out in a day or two. I guess the high price went a long way in limiting who could order it.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@AltDotNerd
That's usually the case, but this thing was available for like a month. Anyone who wanted one and had the means had plenty of time. Now, other items like the poster sets, those disappear in half a day.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I missed both the MK8 and smash trailer during Nintendo's recent N Direct trying to order one of these awesome diorama's! Should be getting mine around my birthday. :)
I hope its not another Bravely or WW Ganondorf which were mediocre to awful quality. (Agnes' eyes are horrible! Cheap move Nintendo..) Oh well it looks splendid on those photo's so it'll probably be fine. :) Can't wait!

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I ordered mine within 15 minutes of the Nintendo Direct announcement. No way I was risking losing out like I did on the Zelda Link Between Worlds poster set (and had to buy from eBay as a result).

I considered opening a second Club Nintendo account to order another one, but decided against doing so. I probably should have though, seeing as so many people are already listing the pre orders on eBay for $300-$400. I'd rather have gotten a second one than see it go to someone who scalps the figures for cash.

Ras

Ras said:

This is why I never use my coins for game downloads. If I can buy it with cash, I'll save my coins. I usually have enough coins saved up to go platinum the day after the Club Nintendo year ends, so I had to quickly put those codes in. Then, I got a bunch of codes from my sister, who never uses them. It was finally enough. Good thing, because the eBay prices are already nuts.

Yes, this should definitely have been the Year of Luigi platinum reward.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@benjamines

Or maybe they did. It is January after all. And considering they're shipping out in March, that leaves just enough time to get the orders in, manufacture the correct amount and get em boxed up and shipped.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Although it's a neat looking figurine I wouldn't bother spending that amount of coins on it, I was able to get a game & watch ball but it was 300 coins cheaper and I really wanted it!

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Mida @DarkwingLz
They charged points, which are free. Many games nowadays give you 70 coins for registration, plus feedback surveys, pre-registration surveys, eShop downloads, all that. Not to mention 1st party Wii games still give you points, games that you can pick up extra cheap nowadays.

It's not actually costing you a cent. Points are rewards for money you spent anyways. That's the key- you spent the money anyways, this is just a thank you for doing so. How much real life money you spend to get that many points could vary greatly, because of all the bonus points they offer now for surveys before games come out, after you play them, and the fact you're not buying every game full MSRP.

If you've got the points, that's what they're there for. Personally, I'd rather spend 1500 points and get something NICE, than to buy 2 t-shirts and a cleaning cloth with them. And this figure costs 1500 coins yes, but it's obviously a very nice reward, alot more expensive than greeting cards or Kirby patches. Which is why it takes more reward points to get it. There are quite a few of us that had the coins to redeem for this figure,because we didn't blow them on other stuff beforehand. We saved them up for such an occasion. It's really not that hard to get 1500 coins. Not nearly as hard as one would think.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Nah, too many coins. I'd rather have a bunch of free games. I would love it if they'd offer something like this to Platinum members though; I only have room for so many posters on my walls. Maybe someday we'll get something like that sweet Mario statue from a few years back (which I sadly missed out on).

InsertTokenz

InsertTokenz said:

Thankfully, I was able to get enough coins together in time to get a pre-order in. Now, to just wait... :)

Nik-Davies

Nik-Davies said:

Was going to get it because I have loads of points lying around, but then I didn't bother as it's for a statue for a game I found a bit disappointing. A Link Between Worlds or Super Mario 3D World statues would've been better. I reckon they'll do one for Smash Bros. as well, which I'll wait for.

NbaJunkie

NbaJunkie said:

I was 400 coins short . Bummer...atleast I got the colored dock ..but this one still hurts

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

It didn't interest me, and I have no idea if or when it will ever come available in Australia, but after doing all my codes I was just able to get the Hanafuda cards.

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs said:

I had the right amount of coins but I'd rather be able to get the occasional game download when I want it

Konyaku

Konyaku said:

My country is not eligible for Nintendo club... so just watch with envy... Oooh..

Gigan

Gigan said:

Had to enter some old Wii games and do every post-play survey I had but I got one. Big thanks to this site for announcing it. I usually only check Club Nintendo when the games list cycles.

skywake

skywake said:

It hasn't been put on the Australian Club Nintendo and I'm wonder whether it will or not now. The general wisdom was that we would get it sometime early this year. Either way I have a heap of stars saved up and am waiting.

I really hope that I don't miss out on the Hanafuda cards while waiting for this.

dumedum

dumedum said:

I didn't have enough coins but even if I did I don't think i'd get it. 1500 for a silly unremarkable figurine that takes space in your apartment... One more junk to deal with. Pass.

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

@JellySplat

Just don't get ripped off in a moment of eagerness to have it, eBay's like that.

I was way off having enough stars for the European Club Nintendo one, but at least I got the Year of Luigi Coin (which is also sold out now).

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Me: "Nothing exciting happening with Club Nintendo rewards lately. Eh, guess I'll get these new Zelda posters that were announced. There, now my coins are lower, but hey, I got something."
[Not long after, the Luigi's Mansion figurine was announced. But there's no way to catch up with enough coins to get it.]
Me: "ALL. OF. MY. RAGE."

Ras

Ras said:

@biomadd I don't know if it was a common problem, but I got the chest and it won't even close. Very disappointing. I've closed the lid and wedged it against the wall in the hopes it'll "learn" to stay shut. Otherwise, I'll have to try to figure out the problem and hopefully fix it. I always end up with the broken thing. :(

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Aww dang... And I was so close to having enough... Oh well, I'll have to scavenge eBay if I want one it seems now.

Krill

Krill said:

Managed to get my order in for one and looking forward to receiving it.

jordanmarsden

jordanmarsden said:

There will always be something else worthy of my stars, it's just a case of waiting for the right thing.

This diorama was cool, but I preferred the previous one with multiple characters.

ryando

ryando said:

Mine arrived 30 minutes ago! After letting 8000 points expire over the years, I decided to use some.

Samurai-Kinopio

Samurai-Kinopio said:

Well, I don't know about others, but it sure seems like this kind of statue should be the Nintendo Platinum reward, and not a CD/soundtrack or a button set, like last year.

Luna-Harmony

Luna-Harmony said:

dma i was no where near with 7000star points now these sell on ebay for £99 about $170 in the uk

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

I thought they were going to be taking pre-orders on this until March. I was planning on using the coins that I would get from registering Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in February to order this.

...Good thing I changed my mind, registered my two 3DS XL systems instead, and ordered it four days ago. :)

This should have been a Platinum Reward, though. And I think they asked about 300 to 500 coins too much, really. Still, what else would I use those coins on - shoelaces and bookmarks? Screensavers and cleaning cloths?

PinkEgoBox

PinkEgoBox said:

I got mine ordered the day it was announced, was saving up for something good but rarely do European gamers get to see anything decent to be honest so when this came up I had to order it

nesvc

nesvc said:

I wish they would bring back the gold nunchuk and release the SNES classic controller in NOA

Galactus

Galactus said:

I saw this coming a mile away so I ran out and purchased a bunch of games I wasn't intending to get (Mario & Sonic, Fortunestreet etc.) I even got Sonic Lost World Wii U, and to my surprise only the 3DS version came with points… O well, I found the game to be much better than the reviews gave it credit for. I find it to be the best Sonic game since Rush. Took a learning curve though.

Can't wait till my WeeGee comes in the mail!

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

I managed to pre-order mine by the skin of my teeth. But, knowing how friggin' lazy NOA's been lately, I probably won't see it until April or May.

zbailey

zbailey said:

the problem is i know of one guy that bought 4 on one account so its kinda unfair

Krill

Krill said:

Mine just arrived today and it does look good and the box it came in is a nice Year of Luigi green box as well.

joeb1kenobi

joeb1kenobi said:

so pissed!!!! thought i was doing myself a favor by purchasing LTTP last month for 150 coins so I would be able to buy it for $1.50 when it finally hits WiiU VC. This F**KING misstep put me right under the 1500 coin mark. Now i've got 1375 coins with nothing to spend them on....again, or tote bag, wash cloth, pen case....FMFingL.

FritzFrapp

FritzFrapp said:

Mine also arrived today. One of the nicest things on the Stars Catalogue. Really good quality.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I'm a pretty big fan of Luigi, but I simply didn't have enough coins to get this item. Oh well, perhaps next time a Luigi figurine becomes available I'll actually be able to afford it.