What LucasArts games do you want to see on Virtual Console?

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Let the talented folks at LucasArts know what you want.

It's great to finally see another western publisher supporting the Virtual Console - LucasArts has just released Super Star Wars, and has already promised that both of its sequels, plus other games, will follow in the future.

Being the official game development team for a famous movie production company, LucasArts has made a ton of movie-based games over the years, which is what we're likely to be seeing the most of. Series like Star Wars and Indiana Jones have a multitude of games based on them, most of which have been surprisingly good.

Of course, LucasArts has created quite a few unique non-movie games as well - Think of Zombies Ate My Neighbors, its sequel Ghoul Patrol, and Metal Warriors, all for the SNES, as well as their now well-known adventure game franchises Monkey Island, Sam & Max and Maniac Mansion.

Now that LucasArts has officially announced their Virtual Console support, why not tell them what games you'd like to see on the service first?

To kick things off, we'd like to see LucasArts release some games which we think many others will agree with - Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Mega Drive/SNES), Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures (SNES) and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64). Sadly, very few LucasArts adventure games were released on consoles currently on the Virtual Console service - Perhaps they can look into getting some of those on WiiWare instead?

With all that said, have a look at a list of games LucasArts has made and have a think which of them you'd most like to see on the Virtual Console. When there's sufficient responses, we'll pass on your picks to LucasArts and hopefully influence their next VC selections!

evilralfwiggum

evilralfwiggum said:

Maniac Mansion, oh I will love them forever if they do. : ) I'd say Zombies at my Neighbors too, but I own both the SNES & Genesis versions, hahah, so instead I'll say Ghoul Patrol because I totally overlooked that one.

double_sunday

Indiana Jones Trilogy
PodRacer
Battle of Naboo
Rogue Squadron
Big Sky Troopers
Indiana Jones and the Inferno Machine
Metal Warriors (QuickFingers has me at gun point. I had to list it :D )

Stevie

Stevie said:

I want all their SCUMM games, mainly Maniac Mansion, Monkey Islands and Loom, I would be happy with some sort of Compilation on Disc or VC/Wiiware ports. Hopefully with Tales of Monkey Island currently sitting at No1 in the UK Wiiware charts we will see some of the originals hit the Wii.

pixelman

pixelman said:

1. Star Wars: Episode 1: Racer
2. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
3. Star Wars: Episode 1: Battle for Naboo
4. Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
5. Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures

Metang

Metang said:

Basically everything they made that is Star Wars or Indiana Jones-related. Also Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Maniac Mansion.

Also, when's the Super Star Wars review going up and who's reviewing it?

said:

Indiana Jones greatest adventures (snes)
Star wars episode 1 racer (n64)
Zombies ate my neihborgs (snes)
shadows of the empire (n64)
Indiana jones and the infernal machine (n64 - it could be cool because that game was never actually released in stores only for rent on blockbuster)
Pipe dream (NES)

rustythekid

rustythekid said:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

and Rogue Squadron, Shadows Of The Empire and Maniac Mansion, but of course Zombies Ate My Neighbors Zombies Ate My Neighbors Zombies Ate My Neighbors Zombies Ate My Neighbors Zombies Ate My Neighbors Zombies Ate My Neighbors Zombies Ate My Neighbors Zombies Ate My Neighbors Zombies Ate My Neighbors Zombies Ate My Neighbors

get it?

Smashbro99

Smashbro99 said:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)

Thunderforge

Thunderforge said:

Hmm... seems like most of my favorites, like Sam & Max, were never on a console.

I vote for Maniac Mansion, but ONLY if it's the Commodore 64 version. The NES/Famicon version was horrendous (104 character passwords?!). I also support Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures and the original Rogue Squadron, both would be great ways to get people hooked on the games and build some excitement for Staff of Kings and the upcoming Rogue Squadron Wii.

Edwin

Edwin said:

Star Wars (NES)
The Empire Strikes Back (NES)
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures (SNES)
Shadows of the Empire (N64)
Rogue Squadron (N64)

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Jeez, everyone already beat me to the games I would want. I have almost all of them in their original form, but I would stilllove to have then on the Wii or DS as well... btw, we realy need (BADLY!) a new Rogue Leader.

AquaDan88

AquaDan88 said:

Definitely the Monkey Island Series. One of my favorite point and click adventures of all time.

accc

accc said:

To anyone saying Maniac Mansion, don't forget that the full game was playable in Day of the Tentacle, so if they released DoTT you'd get to play it anyway :) Anyway, I vote for Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle

said:

Gimme Zombies Ate My Neighbors and maybe Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures and I'll be happy.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

I'm a big LucasArts fan and want everything that's possible on the Wii.

My favourite pick would be Nintendo adding > PC GAMES < to the Virtual Console, so we could get the best versions of the Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle and the Monkey Island series.

If that is too much wishing I'm at least in for those:

• Rescue on Fractalus! (C64)
  • Koronis Rift (C64)
  • The Eidolon (C64)
  • Ballblazer (C64)
  • Maniac Mansion (C64)
  • Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (C64)
  • The Secret of Monkey Island (Sega CD)
  • Maniac Mansion (NES)
  • Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures (SNES)
  • Zombies (SNES)
  • Ghoul Patrol (SNES)
  • Metal Warriors (SNES)
  • Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (N64)
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64)
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (N64)
  • Star Wars: Episode I - Racer (N64)
  • Star Wars: Episode I - Battle for Naboo (N64)
pixelman

pixelman said:

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Assuming we're already getting the rest of the Super Star Wars games, I want:
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64)
Star Wars Arcade (Arcade)

I would say Rogue Squadron, Episode I: Battle for Naboo, and Episode I: Racer, but I've already got them on PC.

@pixelman - It works just fine on Windows XP.

Jstrummer

Jstrummer said:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
Ghoul Patrol (SNES)
MANIAC MANSION! (NES) or (C64)
Metal Warriors (SNES)
Rogue Squadron (N64)
Shadows of the Empire (N64)
Star Wars: Episode 1: Racer (N64)
Big Sky Trooper (SNES)
Battle of Naboo (N64)
Indiana Jones: Greatest Adventures (SNES)
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (N64)
Ballblazer (NES) or (C64)
Pipe Dream (NES)
Star Wars (NES)
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES)
Loom (TG16)

Also more Retro PC games made into Wiiware games would be nice :)

Zork2

Zork2 said:

Metal Warriors, Maniac Mansion, Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventure, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Zombies Ate My Neighbors. That's the order I would buy them in :)

Rjmoon25

Rjmoon25 said:

I'd like to see any of the Indiana Jones games, except the Desktop Adventures, Shadows of the Empire and Outlaws come out for either VC or WiiWare. Think of these games makes me want to dig up Bounty Hunter from my gamecube stash.

MrPoo6321

MrPoo6321 said:

Shadows of the Empire fo sho! Also, I never got to play the Indiana Jones game on the 64 so I would love to check that out.

Sushie

Sushie said:

I always thought their PC games were better than their console games.

b_willers

b_willers said:

Rough Squadron please, and although I already own Episode I Racer I hope they can give us the high res graphics you got with the expansion pak.

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

LucasArts' Assault Suits Valken ripoff, Metal Warriors, is an effin' classic. Not enough gamers have even HEARD of that game, much less actually played it. That game absolutely, positively must come to the Virtual Console!

No.1 - Metal Warriors (SNES)
No.2 - Shadows of the Empire (N64)
No.3 - Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (Wii VC Arcade)
No. 4 - SEGA Star Wars Racer (Wii VC Arcade)
No. 5 - Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (N64)
No. 6 - Zombies Ate My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol (SNES)
>>>>If they wanna remake these for Wiiware, that would be cool:D

• Jedi Power Battles
  • Jedi Knight II
  • Grim Fandango
  • Wrath Unleashed

Seriously though, METAL FRICKIN WARRIORS! I made an account at gmail just so I could make an account here to get my voice heard. METAL. WARRIORS. Amazing game.

b_willers

b_willers said:

Pixelman, I think there were Dreamcast and arcade version of Episode I racer also.

slatters

slatters said:

Number 1 - Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (N64)

Please please please please please let us here in the UK have a chance to play what we never got due to the N64 declining at time of release.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

Rogue Squadron
Maniac Mansion

...those are really the only ones I care about. Mostly Zombies though.

astarisborn94

Nintendo 64:
1. Indiana Jones And the Infernal Machine
2. Star Wars: Rouge Squadron
3. Star Wars: Shadow Of An Empire
4. Star Wars: Battle For Naboo
5. Star Wars Episode 1: Racer

Bring it on LucasArts! We support your offerings!

jhuhn

jhuhn said:

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire should be a Virtual Console must from the N64 when you play as Dash and the Episode I Racer as well. I haven't tried the pod racing one yet and love to see it on the console within the next year.

Manian Mansion would be another choice, either from the NES or the C64.

y2josh

y2josh said:

All of the SNES and N64 games. I have been wanting to play Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine for a few years now.

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

The Secret of Monkey Island (Sega CD)
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (N64)
Loom (TurboGrafx-16)

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer

MrPinguy

MrPinguy said:

@45. Super Smash Bros.
"Nintendo Entertainment System:
1. Manic Mansion"

Anything but the NES version, it was r*ped by NOA censorship
The 1º and original version (C64) Please ^^!

SSBFan_12

SSBFan_12 said:

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Episode 1: Racer
Star Wars: Episode 1: Battle for Naboo
Secret Monkey Island
Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Objection

Objection said:

Really I think the above posters have done a good job so I'll just say THE MORE, THE MERRIER! thanks Lucasarts!

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

The weird Japanese Namco Star Wars game(Famicom)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Arcade)
Star Wars Arcade (32x)
Episode 1 Podracer (N64)
Shadow of the Empire (N64)
I'm up for any of LucasArts games really. Some of their greatest games are on the PC though

Adenn_Solus

Adenn_Solus said:

definitely Grim Fandango or Indiana Jones And The Fate of Atlantis, but they're for computer, so they won't be released on the vc. for games that could be released, I would like indiana jones and the infernal machine

ganondwarf16

ganondwarf16 said:

episode 1 racer and rouge squadron in particular but all star wars games and indiana jones games would be nice

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

number 1 is zombies ate my neighbors then the 64 starwars games then super indiana jones game and 64 one

rustythekid

rustythekid said:

Metal Warriors is from Lucas Art?!!! GTFOH!!!, I thought it was from Konami, I played it once back in the day and then played it a few times on my emulator (WHICH I WAS TESTING IT, AND AFTER 24 HOURS I DELETED THE ROM)
I swear.

Machu

Machu said:

Day of the Tentacle
Monkey Island series
Star Wars: Battle for Naboo
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Episode I: Racer (I want this the most)
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Star Wars: Battle for Naboo
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King said:

Just release everything possible! XD

Mostly looking forward to all 5 N64 games mind. :3 Oh yeah, and the Original Trilogy Arcade game with the Wiimote as a pointer and Lightsabre! =D

Kobayashi

Kobayashi said:

Super Empire Strikes Back (soon)
Super Return of the Jedi (soon)
Rogue Squadron
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures

Bring_Back_Pluto

Bring_Back_Pluto said:

MANIAC MANSION!
Ghoul Patrol
Indiana Jones Trilogy
PodRacer
Battle of Naboo
Rogue Squadron

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

Bring on everything you can!
Specially:
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
Zombies ate my Neighbors
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

MattL

MattL said:

Can't think of any that haven't been mentioned. So all of the above please. And show the N64 some love, all of your games on there were great :)

Adamant

Adamant said:

@29. E-160 Feraligatr: "Are there any other versions of Star Wars Racer?"

There's an arcade version, the best of them all, though it probably loses a lot of it's appeal without the Podracer cabinet. But it's awesome in the arcades.

As for the topic, meh, I'm a boring person. Give me Indy for the SNES, Zombies and Star Wars for the NES (and the other Super Star Wars games, but e know they're coming), and I'll be happy.

Oh, and point-and-click stuff on WiiWare, if they can get that working.

DSiFanCJV

DSiFanCJV said:

Star Wars Rogue Squadron for N64. or atleast remake it for WiiWare with Nintendo Wi-Fi

ICEknight

ICEknight said:

Zombies Ate my Neighbors for SNES (the Mega Drive version was terrible in comparison).

Also... the US version, please, not the censored crap that was released in Europe back then.

Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood said:

Since I like the PC games of LucasArts way more than most of the console games I would prefer a Wii retail collection of all Lucas Arts Scumm adventures or other PC classics. Because many PC games would not fit into the size limit for VC/WiiWare releases. So why not make ports or remakes (like The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition) of the most praised LucasArts games (which were definitely more on PC)?

Preferred Virtual Console releases:
1) Zombies Ate My Neighbors
2) Maniac Mansion (only uncensored!)
3) Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

8) Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
9) Outlaws
10) The Dig
11) Sam & Max Hit the Road

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Not going to bother reading all the stuff above, so sorry if somebody's already said something like this, but...I didn't know LucasArts made Metal Warriors! After all, Konami did publish it, though I don't know why. I wonder if it would have any release problems due to that fact?

They can release any and all VC games they want except the NES Star Wars game as far as I'm concerned. Plenty of cool-sounding stuff out there! :)

JimLad

JimLad said:

Zombies, Metal Warriors, and their point and click adventure games would all work great on VC.
Infact they can't go far wrong with most of their stuff, hopefully Konami will be on board with it.

NikeXTC

NikeXTC said:

Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, so many memories of my childhood :°)

Mika

Mika said:

Rogue Squadron and Episode 1 Racer for the N64. I would then be very close to getting all my N64 cartridge games swapped for VC/XBLA form.

opeter

opeter said:

I want all Star Wars games, that were released for SNES and N64. Thanks!

KeroKero_Cola

KeroKero_Cola said:

The fact that LucasArts is supporting the Virtual Console sheds light on so many titles. But truly, the only title I care about is Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

The day that releases on the Virtual Console will be a joyous day indeed.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

C-64 please especially:

• Ballblazer
  • Koronis Rift
  • Pipe Dream
  • Rescue on Fractalus!
  • The Eidolon

Which are games I played and enjoyed on my Atari 800XL. Other stuff could also be of interest, but I just don't know enough about them.
[edit] Commodore 128

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

"Just fyi guys, I own the PC version of Star Wars Racer and it is awesome. Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore on modern computers, but it's an awesome racing game."

I agree the PC version was amazing! I loved that game

Was Willow(NES) a LucasArts game? I can't recall

Tragickingdom

Tragickingdom said:

hey guys, I have been playing games for the last 30 years, I am 40 now. I have owned almost every system, starting with a texas instrument back in 1981, then the c64 and the 128 "loved the disk drives" onto pc, nes and the like. But for some unexplained reason I missed metal warriors. No idea how this happened, but could someone tell me about this game and what makes it great? Someone mentioned it was a mech game, it is sort of like mech warrior for the c64?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and would love to see any lucasarts games, and thanks to george and his crew for making quality stuff for the last 20 years.

BlueFoxx

BlueFoxx said:

I would love to see Sam & Max: Hit the Road, if only it were possible. If not, I'd like to see Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken and the alien mindbenders for c64, and Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures for SNES.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

Mostly the Indiana Jones games for the SNES and N64 but I'd also like to see Zombies Ate My Neighbors, not so much because I want it but because so many others do. Plus the ESRB rating a couple years back was a major tease, and now that it's possible, there's really no reason for them not to release it.

Kelvin

Kelvin said:

Maniac Mansion, Zombies, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and, of course, Monkey Island!

DreamWatcher

DreamWatcher said:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors please. I so enjoyed it as a kid...until the chainsaw maniacs showed up. Oh well. Still, the terrifying moments of my childhood were what made ZAMN an unforgettable game. I'd love to play it now and have that nostalgia take over as I go through 'Titanic Toddler' and 'Weird Kids on the Block' (just to name a couple) once again.
Edit: The SNES version would be preferred. >>

milkyway

milkyway said:

Have any of you ever played the Temple of Doom arcade game? I have fond memories of that one. I'd like to see that somehow show up on the vc.

ejamer

ejamer said:

I would LOVE to see these games:

Grim Fandango
Sam & Max Hit the Road

Others that would be definitely purchase material include:

Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
Full Throttle
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
Star Wars: Episode I: Racer

marktheshark

marktheshark said:

I would like to see:

Metal Warriors
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Super NES version)
Ghoul Patrol
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
Ballblazer (C64 version)
Rescue on Fractalus! (C64 version)
The Eidolon (C64 version)
Labyrinth (C64 version)
Koronis Rift (C64 version)

niner

niner said:

Honestly, these are the only games I'd pay money for:

Maniac Mansion (NES) or (WiiWare remake with WiiMote controls ala Zak & Wiki)
Metal Warriors (SNES)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
Star Wars (NES)

jmbarnes101

jmbarnes101 said:

Been watching this site for ages and finally created an account so I could post to this. Some of these are very hard to find cheaply so they'd be great.

I would love to get the following in any format on the Wii (in order of preference):
Grim Fandango
Day of the Tentacle
Maniac Mansion
All Monkey Island games
Sam & Max Series
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (yes I know it's on the new one) Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Star Wars Trilogy Arcade Game

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Oh! If you guys are really going to bring these suggestions to LucasArts, I have an idea. It's not a classic title per se, but hear me out. I would LOVE it if LucasArts' pulled a "Mega Man 9" and commissioned new Super Star Wars games for WiiWare and/or XBLA and/or PSN. Have the 2D specialists at WayForward do it - look at their pedigree! Shantae, Contra 4, Boy and his Blob, Wendy Every Witch Way; those guys are practically the Treasure or Konami of America. If LucasArts really wants to do something special, I say get WayForward to do Super Star Wars Episode I, Super Attack of the Clones and Super Revenge of the Sith. THAT would be AMAZING.

I'll totally just be happy once Metal Warriors drops onto the VC though:D I just think it would be really cool if they did some new Super Star Wars games, especially since none of the prequel trilogy got a proper, really good game adaptation

Steviis_Father

Steviis_Father said:

Although not really a home-console game, I think Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis ought to be available for separate purchase from the Shopping Channel. I don't think dropping full-price on the crappy Staff of Kings is worth it, so Nintendo/Lucasarts.... PLEASE RELEASE THE GAME SEPARATELY!

*also others like, Loom, original Monkey Island games, the Dig... these SCUMM games would work wonderfully on the Wii!

MegaRockman_1990

MegaRockman_1990 said:

I really wanna se the original star wars game on the nintendo entertainment system and maniac mansion. I just love both of those games those games is childhoodmemories for me a day one download.

brooks83

brooks83 said:

I have seen Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings for sale at Wal-Mart for 19.99. Is it worth paying that much to play Fate of Atlantis?

Viral

Viral said:

Only two people mentioned Full Throttle, a great game featuring Ben. <3

KGB920

KGB920 said:

i have been waiting for zombies at my neighbors for years! practically since wii came out