I don't know if the physical Switch version will be released in Australia either, since Tales of Berseria got cancelled at the last minute and I had to import mine.
I just checked EB Games and some other games stores, none of them are carrying the game at the moment.
TBH if I see a person scalping in store and breaking purchase limits, I'd just alert one of the staff member instead of trying to make a scene for views.
Only slightly less pathetic than scalpers selling the GTA 6 boxed copy for inflated prices - even though it only comes with a code in a box and can easily be bought on the digital marketplaces on launch.
@Ganner Same here, I played UT regularly for most of the early 2000s since it was friendly with low spec computers whereas Quake 3 required a 3D card. I had fond memories of CTF on Facing Worlds and the various Assault maps. I later upgraded my PC for UT 2004 and bought a Xbox 360 to play UC2 via backwards compatibility.
It's a shame Epic delisted the entire series because it would interfere with Fortnite. Ugh.
I assume the Mario skins are still locked to the Switch? While I understand that the Mario mash up pack is Switch exclusive, I can't even equip the Yoshi skin and go on persistent world servers. It's quite annoying.
I really hope the Switch 2 port fixes the crashing issues. I played the game several years ago on a Switch Lite but I was forced to drop it due to random crashes. This is the only first party game which crashed on me.
Due to the high price, I'm skipping this one and waiting for Tekken 2 instead. The console unlockable characters including Anna, Heihachi, Kuma, and Lee aren't playable in the arcade version at all, and you're stuck with the 8 default characters.
@RupeeClock Sadly it's not the case for the ones sold in Australia at least. The original game is on card but the DLC comes separately on a code sheet.
Come on, they can't even sell Code Veronica HD separately on the eshop? Meanwhile the Xbox 360 version of RECV is still for sale and playable on the newest Xbox consoles.
It's quite annoying that the Absolution remaster didn't get the same love as the Blood Money remaster, which at least added several gameplay enhancements.
IIRC Hogwarts Legacy is the only other physical Switch 1 game allowing you to upgrade to Switch 2. There is an option to download a free DLC that gives you a permanent 80% discount for the Switch 2 version.
@MirrorFate2 It has multiple FPS, smoothing, and filter options out of the box. For instance, the Remix Collection only added a 54 FPS toggle, whereas Aces has three 54 FPS options, allowing for standard, blend and wait options too.
@AStupidID And the Might & Magic RPGs too. Ubisoft pulled the plug on MM10 when it didn't reach sales targets, leaving numerous bugs unresolved, and now the game is unplayable due to the DRM authentication servers being shut down.
I hope Atari can eventually recover the Dark Savant trilogy (6-8) from Drecom, which has mostly no presence outside of Japan and are more interested in peddling NFTs.
Meanwhile there's an infamous internet figure selling medallions and NSFW comics combining characters from two franchises, Pokemon and Sonic, yet TPC refuses to touch them. Hmm....
Sadly most of the Atomiswave SNK games either never got ports or are stuck on mid-2000s consoles. There's not only Metal Slug 6, but also King of Fighters 11, KOF Neowave, NeoGeo Battle Colosseum, and Samurai Shodown 6, alongside the upgraded versions of KOF 98 and 2002.
Funny how there are now at least 8 versions of Pac-Man available on Switch
Arcade Archives
Atari 50
Namco Museum 2017
Namco Museum Archives
Nintendo Classics
Pac-Man Museum+
Pac-Man World Repac unlockable
Pac-Man World Repac 2 unlockable
@Serpenterror Thanks for the clarification. I find it interesting that not all games use the AKA moniker, and Avenger only goes by its Japanese name Hissatu Buraiken and lacks the English ROM, while Gun Smoke uses the Japanese ROM for both regions.
A similar thing happened in the first collection where several games lack the English ROMs and only go by their Japanese names. Trojan goes by Tatakai no Banka, Mercs goes by Senjo no Okami 2, and Armored Warriors goes by Powered Gear, even though the English version of the latter is available in the Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle.
It's a shame that Captain America & The Avengers wasn't given the online multiplayer treatment. Also it definitely needs needs a 2-player option, since the lack of in-game character select is a quirk of 4-player cabinets. Many other emulations of 4-player cabinets including Sunset Riders and TMNT don't offer in-game character select either, forcing you to switch to the 2-player option.
Also like many other Carbon Engine emulations, the game won't let you rebind controls in game at all.
Absolum
Battle Circuit (Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle)
Captain Commando (Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle)
Double Dragon Advance
Double Dragon Neon
The Gladiator (IGS Arcade Collection)
Knights of Valour (IGS Arcade Collection)
Marvel Cosmic Invasion
Metamorphic Force
Ninja Saviors
The Punisher (MvC Fighting Collection)
River City Girls 1 and 2
Sengoku 3
Scott Pilgrim vs the World and EX
Streets of Rage 4
TMNT Turtles in Time (TMNT Cowabunga Collection)
Vendetta
Zero Team
@Lizuka Maximum Carnage is decent, but Separation Anxiety took everything great about that title and threw it out. No comic strip transitions, no Green Jelly soundtrack, and sprites are far less detailed to accommodate for the coop multiplayer.
It's a very odd collection of games from multiple companies.
I dunno why LRG couldn't get the rights to the Sega Marvel games like what they did with the Sega Jurassic Park games. Spiderman Arcade, X-Men Genesis, X-Men 2 Clone Wars etc are sorely missing.
@TheWokesterGamer It's the same game but the developers rebranded it twice. It was known as Asphalt Legends Unite for a while, but now simply Asphalt Legends.
The annoying thing about the game is that I can't use my mobile account on Switch and I can't be bothered starting over due to the excessive grind. The only F2P games on Switch with cross progression IIRC are MMORPGs and World of Tanks Blitz.
Comments 429
Re: Dynasty Warriors 3: Complete Edition Remastered Switch 2 Performance & Resolution Revealed
A shame the Switch 1 version got cancelled. I wouldn't mind having an upscaled PS2 version instead provided it runs at full speed.
Re: Tales Of Eternia Is Getting A Proper Physical Release On Switch
I don't know if the physical Switch version will be released in Australia either, since Tales of Berseria got cancelled at the last minute and I had to import mine.
I just checked EB Games and some other games stores, none of them are carrying the game at the moment.
Re: Pokémon TCG Scalper Reportedly Arrested For Punching A Man In Latest Pathetic Incident
TBH if I see a person scalping in store and breaking purchase limits, I'd just alert one of the staff member instead of trying to make a scene for views.
Re: "Scalpers Are Killing The Hobby For Everyone" - Pokémon TCG's 30th Celebration Isn't Going As Planned
Only slightly less pathetic than scalpers selling the GTA 6 boxed copy for inflated prices - even though it only comes with a code in a box and can easily be bought on the digital marketplaces on launch.
Re: Nintendo Explains Why Fire Emblem: Fortune's Weave Has Just "A Single Save File"
In several years time, Nintendo is going to market multiple save slots as part of the Switch 3 upgrade pack.
Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Has Been Updated To Version 4.0.0, Here Are The Full Patch Notes
Wonder if we're going to get a similar update for Smash Bros Ultimate.
Re: Nintendo Expands Switch Online's NES Library With Three More Titles
NG3 is great but I already bit the bullet early with the Console Archives port since I want to play the more balanced Japanese version.
Also it's been more than a year since the Genesis app was updated. It's still lacking the option to rebind controls.
Re: Nightdive Studio's Next Remaster Joins A Jam-Packed September
I'm still holding on to hope for a Hexen 2 and/or Heretic 2 remaster.
Re: Quake Free Update Celebrates 30 Years With A Brand-New Episode, Includes New Campaign, 19 Maps And More
@Ganner Same here, I played UT regularly for most of the early 2000s since it was friendly with low spec computers whereas Quake 3 required a 3D card. I had fond memories of CTF on Facing Worlds and the various Assault maps. I later upgraded my PC for UT 2004 and bought a Xbox 360 to play UC2 via backwards compatibility.
It's a shame Epic delisted the entire series because it would interfere with Fortnite. Ugh.
Re: Quake Free Update Celebrates 30 Years With A Brand-New Episode, Includes New Campaign, 19 Maps And More
Great but I really want a remaster of Hexen 2 and Heretic 2 to follow up last year's Heretic/Hexen remasters.
Re: Minecraft Arrives On Switch 2 This October, Digital Upgrade Path Confirmed
I assume the Mario skins are still locked to the Switch? While I understand that the Mario mash up pack is Switch exclusive, I can't even equip the Yoshi skin and go on persistent world servers. It's quite annoying.
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Has Been Updated To Version 3.0.0
I really hope the Switch 2 port fixes the crashing issues. I played the game several years ago on a Switch Lite but I was forced to drop it due to random crashes. This is the only first party game which crashed on me.
Re: Nintendo Expands Switch Online's Game Boy & GBA Library With Four More Titles
Sadly the Genesis app hasn't been updated for over a year, so no manual control rebinding.
Re: Two More Retro Arcade Collections Are On The Way To Switch
Fingers crossed for some Jaleco 32-bit/sprite scaling games like P-47 Aces and Cisco Heat that Arcade Archives didn't touch.
Re: Hamster Reveals Upcoming Lineup Of Arcade Archives Switch Games
And Hamster eventually scrapped the Ganbare Ginkun port, apparently due to violent content
Re: R-Type And Other Irem Arcade Hits Are Coming To Switch
I'm posting from the future, and AA R-Type never got released.
We did get R-Type Dimensions though, a remake of the first two with the original games included.
Re: Multiple Switch Games Have Received Switch 2 Compatibility Fixes
Sadly Ninja Five O is still unplayable, and it's an emulation of a GBA game FFS.
Re: Tekken Is Coming To Switch 2, But Not The One You Think
Due to the high price, I'm skipping this one and waiting for Tekken 2 instead. The console unlockable characters including Anna, Heihachi, Kuma, and Lee aren't playable in the arcade version at all, and you're stuck with the 8 default characters.
Re: Sega Announces Two Sonic Game Collections For Switch
@RupeeClock Sadly it's not the case for the ones sold in Australia at least. The original game is on card but the DLC comes separately on a code sheet.
Re: Capcom Has "No Plans" To Bring Resident Evil Code: Veronica X To Switch Online
Come on, they can't even sell Code Veronica HD separately on the eshop? Meanwhile the Xbox 360 version of RECV is still for sale and playable on the newest Xbox consoles.
Re: Digital Eclipse Reveals Its Next Retro Collection, Out For Switch 1 & 2 This November
Good thing Atari is also remastering Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee, which takes the sour taste of this game away from my mouth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwZ1-x9Tei4
Re: Hitman: Absolution Switch 2 Upgrade Pack Confirmed For This Summer
It's quite annoying that the Absolution remaster didn't get the same love as the Blood Money remaster, which at least added several gameplay enhancements.
Re: More Switch Games Receive Switch 2 Backwards Compatibility Fixes
Also Ninja 5-0/Ninja Cop is completely unplayable due to emulation issues. Other Carbon Engine games work fine.
Re: "We're Working With Nintendo To Get This Fixed" - Stray's Free Switch 2 Upgrade Is Missing
IIRC Hogwarts Legacy is the only other physical Switch 1 game allowing you to upgrade to Switch 2. There is an option to download a free DLC that gives you a permanent 80% discount for the Switch 2 version.
Re: Raiden Fighters Remix Collection Just Added A "54 FPS Setting"
@MirrorFate2 It has multiple FPS, smoothing, and filter options out of the box. For instance, the Remix Collection only added a 54 FPS toggle, whereas Aces has three 54 FPS options, allowing for standard, blend and wait options too.
https://youtu.be/KX2768KUUxQ
Re: Raiden Fighters Remix Collection Just Added A "54 FPS Setting"
It's sad when Raiden Fighters Aces, released for the Xbox 360 over a decade ago, is a better port with more options.
Re: All Delisted Nintendo Switch 1 & 2 Games Missing From The eShop
It's worth noting that Sega Genesis Classics is still available in code in a box form, if you want a digital copy.
Also Horizon Chase Turbo is getting delisted soon, due to layoffs at the developers.
Re: Atari Acquires The Rights To The 'Wizardry' RPG Series
@AStupidID And the Might & Magic RPGs too. Ubisoft pulled the plug on MM10 when it didn't reach sales targets, leaving numerous bugs unresolved, and now the game is unplayable due to the DRM authentication servers being shut down.
Re: Atari Acquires The Rights To The 'Wizardry' RPG Series
I hope Atari can eventually recover the Dark Savant trilogy (6-8) from Drecom, which has mostly no presence outside of Japan and are more interested in peddling NFTs.
Re: "I Can't Fight This" - Popular Pokémon YouTube Channel Is No More After Nintendo's Copyright Strikes
Meanwhile there's an infamous internet figure selling medallions and NSFW comics combining characters from two franchises, Pokemon and Sonic, yet TPC refuses to touch them. Hmm....
Re: Mortal Kombat: Legacy Kollection Update Out Now, Here Are The Full Patch Notes
So no new games will be added? Damn I was hoping to see the SCD version of MK1 and the PS1/DC versions of MK4.
Re: Mini Review: One Finger Death Punch 2 (Switch) - A Brutally Rhythmic Brawler
Sadly the game is not available in Europe. I had to switch my account to the US region just for this game.
Re: "A New Mission Awaits" - SNK Celebrates 30 Years Of Metal Slug, Teases Exciting Future
Sadly most of the Atomiswave SNK games either never got ports or are stuck on mid-2000s consoles. There's not only Metal Slug 6, but also King of Fighters 11, KOF Neowave, NeoGeo Battle Colosseum, and Samurai Shodown 6, alongside the upgraded versions of KOF 98 and 2002.
Re: Nintendo Expands Switch Online's NES Library With Three More Games
Funny how there are now at least 8 versions of Pac-Man available on Switch
Arcade Archives
Atari 50
Namco Museum 2017
Namco Museum Archives
Nintendo Classics
Pac-Man Museum+
Pac-Man World Repac unlockable
Pac-Man World Repac 2 unlockable
Re: Nintendo Expands Switch Online's NES Library With Three More Games
No Genesis games? The last batch were released a year ago, and the app doesn't allow control rebinding yet.
Re: Bleak Survival City-Builder 'Frostpunk' Is Coming To The Switch
Heh, the Switch was a year old when the original game was released back in 2018.
Re: Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium Switch Physical Release Announced, Pre-Orders Open Soon
@Serpenterror Thanks for the clarification. I find it interesting that not all games use the AKA moniker, and Avenger only goes by its Japanese name Hissatu Buraiken and lacks the English ROM, while Gun Smoke uses the Japanese ROM for both regions.
A similar thing happened in the first collection where several games lack the English ROMs and only go by their Japanese names. Trojan goes by Tatakai no Banka, Mercs goes by Senjo no Okami 2, and Armored Warriors goes by Powered Gear, even though the English version of the latter is available in the Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle.
Re: Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium Switch Physical Release Announced, Pre-Orders Open Soon
Anyone figured out why several games use the A.K.A initials? I have the digital collection and noticed no differences.
Re: Dragon Quest Builders Switch Patch Available Now, Switch 2 Compatibility Update Also Released
Interesting how in the Western eshops it's still published by Nintendo and not Square Enix. That explains why they hardly ever go on sale.
Re: Review: Marvel Maximum Collection (Switch) - A Decent Nostalgia Cake With A Konami Cherry On Top
It's a shame that Captain America & The Avengers wasn't given the online multiplayer treatment. Also it definitely needs needs a 2-player option, since the lack of in-game character select is a quirk of 4-player cabinets. Many other emulations of 4-player cabinets including Sunset Riders and TMNT don't offer in-game character select either, forcing you to switch to the 2-player option.
Also like many other Carbon Engine emulations, the game won't let you rebind controls in game at all.
Re: Multiple Switch Games Receive Switch 2 Compatibility Fixes
Unfortunately the Earnest Evans Collection still suffers from the same problems with video playback as before the update.
Furthermore Ninja 5-0, another game using the Carbon Engine, refuses to start.
Re: Marvel Maximum Collection Brings Six Superhero Titles To Switch This Month
@Dazman Here are some of my faves on Switch
Absolum
Battle Circuit (Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle)
Captain Commando (Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle)
Double Dragon Advance
Double Dragon Neon
The Gladiator (IGS Arcade Collection)
Knights of Valour (IGS Arcade Collection)
Marvel Cosmic Invasion
Metamorphic Force
Ninja Saviors
The Punisher (MvC Fighting Collection)
River City Girls 1 and 2
Sengoku 3
Scott Pilgrim vs the World and EX
Streets of Rage 4
TMNT Turtles in Time (TMNT Cowabunga Collection)
Vendetta
Zero Team
Re: Marvel Maximum Collection Brings Six Superhero Titles To Switch This Month
@Lizuka Maximum Carnage is decent, but Separation Anxiety took everything great about that title and threw it out. No comic strip transitions, no Green Jelly soundtrack, and sprites are far less detailed to accommodate for the coop multiplayer.
Re: Marvel Maximum Collection Brings Six Superhero Titles To Switch This Month
It's a very odd collection of games from multiple companies.
I dunno why LRG couldn't get the rights to the Sega Marvel games like what they did with the Sega Jurassic Park games. Spiderman Arcade, X-Men Genesis, X-Men 2 Clone Wars etc are sorely missing.
Re: Review: Tales Of Berseria Remastered (Switch) - QoL Tweaks Make A Brilliant Game Even Better
Sadly the Switch physical version got cancelled in Australia and I have to import.
Re: Mini Review: Arcade Archives 2 Rave Racer (Switch 2) - The Pure Spirit Of Ridge Racer, Finally On Home Console
Wonder if we'll ever get the arcade Ridge Racer 2? Or is it just redundant now?
Re: Marvel Maximum Collection Revives Six Classic Superhero Titles On Switch
What a random collection. Why couldn't LRG license Sega's Spiderman arcade beat em up instead?
Good thing it's coming to Xbox at least. It was really annoying when LRG cancelled the Nickelodeon collection without warning.
Re: Free-To-Play Racer Asphalt Legends Gets A Nintendo Switch 2 Edition
@TheWokesterGamer It's the same game but the developers rebranded it twice. It was known as Asphalt Legends Unite for a while, but now simply Asphalt Legends.
Re: Free-To-Play Racer Asphalt Legends Gets A Nintendo Switch 2 Edition
The annoying thing about the game is that I can't use my mobile account on Switch and I can't be bothered starting over due to the excessive grind. The only F2P games on Switch with cross progression IIRC are MMORPGs and World of Tanks Blitz.
Re: Nintendo Is Considering A Switch 2 Price Hike This Year, According To New Report
@kmtrain83 Ahh yes, unlike Western AI such as ChatGPT which got its data from users fair and square /s